IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 374.
#10851 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone else thing the minors are too difficult?

I currently find them difficult to complete - and have not made it to the Batusi mode yet either - but I can't really say that they're too difficult at this point as I've been focusing on the major villains more. I need to bone up on the shots and nuances of the minor villains yet.

That's the excuse I'm going with for now anyway.

#10852 5 years ago

Will do that Tuesday. Thanks

#10853 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

At best I only complete one minor per game

Same here, lately maybe I can score one King Tut or one Mad Hatter. I don't think I've ever completed a Shame yet.....which is well, shameful.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Or get say Holy Multiball for starting them, and Batusi for finishing them? As it is now, it just seems too difficult to get to one, much less both. It also seems odd that the minor villains are so much harder than the major villains.

Great ideas! Or maybe offer a cash out halfway through the current modes where you can choose between getting an easier credit for completing a mode, or go for exponentially greater points, kind of like the major villains. That would make the game more consistent.

#10854 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I don't think I've ever completed a Shame yet.....which is well, shameful.

3B02BE5A-E377-4BD3-B8ED-F08B14179A5C (resized).jpeg3B02BE5A-E377-4BD3-B8ED-F08B14179A5C (resized).jpeg
#10855 5 years ago

Lyman - if you are reading this, please consider a practice mode selection at the beginning of the game where you can select any particular mode and have it start immediately. Practice mode would only be available if the game is on free play.

Imagine being able to instantly start any major or minor Villian mode, any of the multiballs, Villian Escape, Bat Turn, etc.

#10856 5 years ago

What do you think fellow BM66 owners? used a paint pen(was a bitch to use)

03AF8ECF-EEB2-413F-B299-6478E2708057 (resized).jpeg03AF8ECF-EEB2-413F-B299-6478E2708057 (resized).jpeg
#10857 5 years ago

Where did you get the Batman logo/stand on top of the TV?

#10858 5 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

What do you think fellow BM66 owners? used a paint pen(was a bitch to use)
[quoted image]

I think you need to invest in Yelobird ‘s Atomic Pile mod.

#10859 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think you need to invest in yelobird ‘s Atomic Pile mod.

+1 to that one!!!

#10860 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Where did you get the Batman logo/stand on top of the TV?

It came with the game when I bought it NIB

#10861 5 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

It came with the game when I bought it NIB

Has anyone else got that Batman logo on top of the TV?

#10862 5 years ago

sorry but its a keychain (was included in the box)that I put on there with double sided tape

#10863 5 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Has anyone else got that Batman logo on top of the TV?

You were ok not having one until you see his. Now it's a must have gotta get it MOD.. Look in goodie bag inside cabinet. Good luck

#10864 5 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

You were ok not having one until you see his. Now it's a must have gotta get it MOD.. Look in goodie bag inside cabinet. Good luck

Thanks for that, was just a question.

#10865 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Awesome that he added another wizard mode for the minor villains, but I don't know if it's just me or what, but I can't seem to get anywhere in those modes. At best I only complete one minor per game, so I've never seen Batusi. If the expectation is to be able to see not only one , but multiple minor villain wizard modes per game, I don't think I'll ever get there. Anyone else thing the minors are too difficult? Maybe this could be tweaked to only require starting three minors, rather than finishing them? Or get say Holy Multiball for starting them, and Batusi for finishing them? As it is now, it just seems too difficult to get to one, much less both. It also seems odd that the minor villains are so much harder than the major villains.
I'm also a little surprised he decided to let us choose the wizard mode for doing one of each season, rather than have one wizard mode associated with all first season, one with all second season, one with all third season (if there is going to be a third wizard mode). Seems like it would make more sense to light the season one insert, get the season one mini-wizard, etc. Then again who knows what Lyman's master plan is in the end. The way it is now could be a placeholder while all the minors are being put in place.
Either way...it's an amazing game just as it is. I'm just thinking out loud here.

Anyone know what the easiest minor villain modes are so far? It seems there's no indication of # of shots to complete on any of them. The best I've done is complete two seasons and start the third minor villain. Frustrating, but fun that keeps me coming back for more punishment! Tempted to remove the glass to test and check out the holy Robin Multi-ball, but I've resisted the temptation...So far!

Otherwise, loving the new code and noticing the difference with each upgrade! It's a game that's as much fun to watch as it is to play!

#10866 5 years ago
Quoted from tullster:

Anyone know what the easiest minor villain modes are so far? It seems there's no indication of # of shots to complete on any of them. The best I've done is complete two seasons and start the third minor villain. Frustrating, but fun that keeps me coming back for more punishment! Tempted to remove the glass to test and check out the holy Robin Multi-ball, but I've resisted the temptation...So far!
Otherwise, loving the new code and noticing the difference with each upgrade! It's a game that's as much fun to watch as it is to play!

For me the easiest minor villains are Egghead, Mr. Freeze and Tut. Bookworm and Shame are damn near impossible for me. Just too many shots needed. I try to have at least 2 balls locked before I start a minor villain. Then start a multiball and hope for the best.

#10867 5 years ago

Help with your villain modes - try and start one just before the multiball.

During multiball (right when it starts is best), hold the lockbar button down for 2-3 seconds to switch the "channel" back to the villain mode.

Theres no need to have the multiball "channel" running ... you know every shot is points.

When you change channels, the inserts will be showing you where to aim to complete the villain mode. Try and hit them!

Don't forget to light the inlanes for MYSTERY and spank the left orbit to get your add-a-ball for the MB.

I could be wrong - but I don't think you can ADD TIME to the villain mode from MYSTERY when the MB is running. If you can, it would be after ADD A BALL as that is always first.

If you are running the Villain mode in single ball play, ADD TIME is invaluable. It will always be the first MYSTERY award during a villain mode.

Running 2x or 3x playfield multipliers during the Villain modes can be very lucrative. ADD TIME will also add time to this, as well as the Villain mode.

rd

#10868 5 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Did you notice this on the download page?
Note: It has come to our attention that some customers using Windows 7 have had difficulty extracting the latest Batman code release. The native extractor in Windows 7 has difficulty dealing with the file size on certain Windows 7 machines.
Please download the free open source archive extractor. 7-Zip from this link http://www.7-zip.org/ and install before unzipping the game code ***

We did notice that. Turns out a new USB stick did the trick.

Thanks

#10869 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks thundergod are you 100% sure on that? Most places don’t even say what scale they are but the two sites that do says 1:64, just trying to double check for a little project

100% sure! The Batmobile and Batcycle are identical to the 1:50 scale vehicles sold separately.

#10870 5 years ago

hearing that final run of batman premium is coming up - order now!

#10871 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hearing that final run of batman premium is coming up - order now!

Chris b said they where doing one more run this month and that’s it.

Wonder if it’s the end of the licence or stern keeping it reasonably limited.

#10872 5 years ago

So I just downloaded the new code to my thumb drive, plugged it in, turned it on and the update prompt never appeared. Just goes to the regular screen.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? The instructions didn't call to flip a dip switch like past machines.

#10873 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

So I just downloaded the new code to my thumb drive, plugged it in, turned it on and the update prompt never appeared. Just goes to the regular screen.
Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? The instructions didn't call to flip a dip switch like past machines.

Did you unzip it before you put it on thumb drive.

#10874 5 years ago

No switch, did you extract the zip file and put the files in the root folder of the usb?

#10875 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

There is never one more run or limited when it comes to stern.

#10876 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I thought the license expired sometime next year (2017-2019). I don't know why Stern wouldn't keep making Premiums if they still have orders.

#10877 5 years ago

New code seems to work ok.

rd

AD767996-3D97-4DB1-8E2C-BEF66F9D18DE (resized).jpegAD767996-3D97-4DB1-8E2C-BEF66F9D18DE (resized).jpeg
#10878 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

I think there must be a scoring bug in .94. Looks like your score was accidentally multiplied by 10 ...

#10879 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

F U RD!!!

Put the glass back on.

Btw, Shame is a bitch.

And I'm about to get all up into BM66 as soon as i load this code tomorrow.

#10880 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Did you unzip it before you put it on thumb drive.

Quoted from JimB:

No switch, did you extract the zip file and put the files in the root folder of the usb?

Yeah...that was it...thanks.

Weird because my Mac usually automatically unzips files.

Thanks guys!

#10881 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

F U RD!!!
Put the glass back on.
Btw, Shame is a bitch

And F U too, Icey.

Shame is a hero!

Here’s a strategy to get high scores. (My one)

Just before you start your first MB, start the first Mad Hatter villain. The first villain on the screen. Beat him, and he will allow you to play all the villains over and over.

Then play Shame over and over again.

Then play Shame some more.

I probably played 10 Shame rounds in that 4.5b game.

Try and start Mr Freeze before the second MB. I did that, but didn’t finish him, otherwise the score likely would be much better.

That was the strategy for the 7.5b game too.

rd

#10882 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

my Mac usually automatucally unzips files.

“If zippers were only that....easy...”

EDD2DC4A-06AB-4EFD-9C5E-E7B895244B67 (resized).jpegEDD2DC4A-06AB-4EFD-9C5E-E7B895244B67 (resized).jpeg

#10883 5 years ago

So loving the latest code!

Hey Lyman....For the next update, any chance of getting some John Astin as Riddler video? After all, we have all three Catwomen.

#10884 5 years ago

Was able to reach Holy Multiball earlier. On the Batusi/Holy Multiball choice screen there is a grayed out area in the middle of the two. That means maybe a third multiball choice in the future! My guess is a Batgirl multiball of some sort?

#10885 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Was able to reach Holy Multiball earlier. On the Batusi/Holy Multiball choice screen there is a grayed out area in the middle of the two. That means maybe a third multiball choice in the future! My guess is a Batgirl multiball of some sort?

That would make sense- one mode each for Batman, Robin and Batgirl.
That would be awesome on top of the awesome we already have ...

#10886 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

“If zippers were only that....easy...”
[quoted image]

Unfortunately, Batman was never going to go there. SIGH.

#10887 5 years ago

It was mentioned a while back that there will be 3 wizard modes and potentially another game mode like Bat Turn - hopefully Villian Vision mode where you get taunted!

I just can’t rememebr where I heard that or who said it, I have a feeling it was on a podcast.

#10888 5 years ago

Anyone else having issues with the ball jumping back out of the Bat-sign hole? Any solutions?

#10889 5 years ago

Quoted from jfh:

That would make sense- one mode each for Batman, Robin and Batgirl.
That would be awesome on top of the awesome we already have ...

Found it! Knew I remembered listening to Lyman discuss BM66 code and the 3 wizard modes.

http://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2018/07/18/episode-100-lyman-laments/

Jump to 2:07:50 for the discussion on what’s next/to come for BM66

#10890 5 years ago

Holy unbalanced scoring

No, it's a really really great mode!

40581452_290840178375927_3698561355524079616_n (resized).jpg40581452_290840178375927_3698561355524079616_n (resized).jpg
#10891 5 years ago

Hi all-

I am considering joining the club as the new code looks great and had a few questions. Early on in this thread there was a discussion of several issues that people were experiencing. The ball flying off the left ramp, issues with the left orbit, and the ball getting periodically stuck around the rotisserie. Are these issues still occurring on new games and still require tweaking?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#10892 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Anyone else having issues with the ball jumping back out of the Bat-sign hole? Any solutions?

Yes. I have seen this on .94. Not sure how it could be code related, but I never had the problem of the ball bouncing out as I do now. Annoying and strange.

#10893 5 years ago
Quoted from raz0red:

Hi all-
I am considering joining the club as the new code looks great and had a few questions. Early on in this thread there was a discussion of several issues that people were experiencing. The ball flying off the left ramp, issues with the left orbit, and the ball getting periodically stuck around the rotisserie. Are these issues still occurring on new games and still require tweaking?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

The ball flying off the left ramp was fixed with a kit they sent to owners. Probably installed on all new games. Same with the ball sliding down the Catwoman plastic into the outlane.
The rotisserie needs to be level. Mine was pretty far off out of the box, but once leveled stuck balls have been uncommon. These kind of tweeks are pretty much to be expected on any new game.

#10894 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes. I have seen this on .94. Not sure how it could be code related, but I never had the problem of the ball bouncing out as I do now. Annoying and strange.

As the game is still on 0.92 it can't be related to software. It only bounces back with fast and strong hits, its annoying. I dont hear the coil though...

#10895 5 years ago

See how different people handle obstacles! Shame is the one I start most often,cause I can always beat it! Bookworm is one I still need to play more!!

#10896 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And F U too, Icey.
Shame is a hero!
Here’s a strategy to get high scores. (My one)
Just before you start your first MB, start the first Mad Hatter villain. The first villain on the screen. Beat him, and he will allow you to play all the villains over and over.
Then play Shame over and over again.
Then play Shame some more.
I probably played 10 Shame rounds in that 4.5b game.
Try and start Mr Freeze before the second MB. I did that, but didn’t finish him, otherwise the score likely would be much better.
That was the strategy for the 7.5b game too.
rd

I love Shame but he kicks my ass!

I will try this strategy, thx RD

#10897 5 years ago

We are so ready for our BM66 premium to arrive. When are they going back on the line at Stern? I’m not sure if JJ had one in stock when we ordered or if we are off the upcoming run.

Sounds like most people prefer mirror blades than any artwork blades on this title.

#10898 5 years ago

When I installed .94 code, I went to adjust the Penguin lag and it is now adjustment #136 instead of #126. So 10 adjustments have been added. I haven’t went through to look at what they are. May be related to the new King tut mode or the Holy Multiball.

#10899 5 years ago
Quoted from PavBall:

Sounds like most people prefer mirror blades than any artwork blades on this title.

I don’t usually mod much but Stern did well with their blades this time. Good quality and actually complete the environment well. (See below)

#10900 5 years ago
6AC62FE3-C862-4AA4-92DB-6F9CFA77F662 (resized).jpeg6AC62FE3-C862-4AA4-92DB-6F9CFA77F662 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/218?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.