IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 374.
#10651 5 years ago

Anyone else having issues with SDTM drains. When the magnet turns off after Batphone hurry up?

#10652 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Anyone else having issues with SDTM drains. When the magnet turns off after Batphone hurry up?

Mine falls to the knuckle of the left flipper, maybe your side to side level is off?

#10653 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Mine falls to the knuckle of the left flipper, maybe your side to side level is off?

The game is leveled 100%. It is not always a SDTM drain. I guess the issue is the terrible dented magnet. I would like to see some software update wich adds a short ball saver or wiggle and fling the ball at release.

#10654 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Apologies nobody answered your question. Too many mods to discuss, evidently.
If your coil was hot enough to smoke, it’s probably melted inside, which will cause that friction on the plunger.
When your new parts arrive, ensure you install them the same as the parts you remove. (Same wiring etc)
Then check the launch mech for any friction. There shouldn’t be any.
rd

Thanks much! I really appreciate the feedback from both you and Yelobird. Hope to get this baby up and running...

#10655 5 years ago

Fixed the left front of the cabinet
Fixed the right front of the cabinet
Now another job to do ...

You just gotta LOL

rd

D89FAB78-54BE-4082-9437-4C76A06BEDED (resized).jpegD89FAB78-54BE-4082-9437-4C76A06BEDED (resized).jpeg
#10656 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You just gotta LOL
rd[quoted image]

Ok one must ask How do you play your machines??? lol It's like your tearing them up. I've seen your scores posted so you clearly show the machine who is boss but wow your really giving it hell! That just sucks and hopefully your fix on the front goes as smooth here. Just be more gentle with the dynamic duo!! lol

#10657 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

You just gotta LOL
rd[quoted image]

Oh shit! Is that the back of the cab? Don't tell me we have to start bracing all 4 corners now?

#10658 5 years ago

I bought Williams/Bally Brackets. Easy install and you can feel how much sturdier the Cab is.

#10659 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok one must ask How do you play your machines??? lol It's like your tearing them up

Nup! I’m not a mover/nudger much at all - because in high level tournaments you can’t do that, the tilts are too tight. So I don’t do it.

I have owned 200-250 pins I guess, over the last 25 years, and I’ve never had one crap out like this one has.

It’s just very poorly made. That’s the honest take away. It’s built very poorly by someone who doesn’t know how to do woodwork.

rd

#10660 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Nup! I’m not a mover/nudger much at all - because in high level tournaments you can’t do that, the tilts are too tight. So I don’t do it.
I have owned 200-250 pins I guess, over the last 25 years, and I’ve never had one crap out like this one has.
It’s just very poorly made. That’s the honest take away. It’s built very poorly by someone who doesn’t know how to do woodwork.
rd

Makes sense and agreed. Had one split on me also. Just figured you had some bad ass luck or your Batman is haunted.... Do you break the game down often to take to tourneys often? Not saying thats the issue just odd and sucks that you seem to get the cracked box award every month.

#10661 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Makes sense and agreed. Had one split on me also. Just figured you had some bad ass luck or your Batman is haunted.... Do you break the game down often to take to tourneys often? Not saying thats the issue just odd and sucks that you seem to get the cracked box award every month.

Just the luck of the draw. That cabinet could have been turned into any game they were running at the time, just happened to come to me.

rd

#10662 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just the luck of the draw. That cabinet could have been turned into any game they were running at the time, just happened to come to me.
rd

Bit harder to fix at the back as well as your original front corner fixes.

#10663 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Bit harder to fix at the back as well as your original front corner fixes.

Probably, yeah. Haven’t looked at it yet, to be honest I’ll probably leave it be for the time being. Got other more important things to be doing.

rd

#10664 5 years ago

Puuur-fect.

julienewmar (resized).jpgjulienewmar (resized).jpg
#10665 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Puuur-fect.[quoted image]

Still the best and sexiest Catwoman ever..

#10666 5 years ago

Can anyone with a SLE confirm what the speaker grill lights do, are they on contantly or do they flash/interact with the game??

#10667 5 years ago

Code update process. I’ve never done a new Stern spike 2 update. Trying to update to .93 from .90. What are the quirks? How long does it take etc? seems to be stuck on 55/4181mb for quite a while. Don’t want to interrupt but I’m worried I might hose it. Any help from those that have performed one?

#10668 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Code update process. I’ve never done a new Stern spike 2 update. Trying to update to .93 from .90. What are the quirks? How long does it take etc? seems to be stuck on 55/4181mb for quite a while. Don’t want to interrupt but I’m worried I might hose it. Any help from those that have performed one?

I'd just turn it off and try again. If you're still having issues try a new USB. I tend to do the full update with verification. Usually takes about a 1/2 hour or so.

#10669 5 years ago

Redownloading code and will try again. Think one of the three files might have been messed up. Hopefully 2nd times a charm

#10670 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the three files should be called? After downloading from Sterns website and unzipping I have the following on my usb stick:

batman-0_93_0.spk.003.000 file is of type 000 size is 1,953,125 kb
batman-0_93_0.spk.003.002 file is of type 002 size is 302,410 kb
batman-0_93_0.spk.003 file is of type 003 size is 2,255,535 kb

usb is a 16gb formatted fat 32 Sandisk

#10671 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Does anyone know what the three files should be called? After downloading from Sterns website and unzipping I have the following on my usb stick:
batman-0_93_0.spk.003.000 file is of type 000 size is 1,953,125 kb
batman-0_93_0.spk.003.002 file is of type 002 size is 302,410 kb
batman-0_93_0.spk.003 file is of type 003 size is 2,255,535 kb
usb is a 16gb formatted fat 32 Sandisk

You need to drop and drag all 3 files into a formatted USB stick.

#10672 5 years ago

Anyone else have the ball bounce off of the entrance to the left ramp and roll on the Catwoman plastic?

Seems to happen every other game.

Not complaining....just wondering.

(After logging in 100+ games, I love this game more than ever.)

#10673 5 years ago

So my problem was that one of the three files on the usb was compressed and caused the update to crash. FYI....I have a windows 10 laptop. Apparently the compressed file from Stern does not like either Winrar or Windows 10 native software for decompression. Once I decompressed with 7-zip everything worked. Never had a file not like certain decompression software before. Now that I know future updates should move along nicely.

#10674 5 years ago

Btw how active is the magnet for Joker or batphone hits? I don’t notice a ton of action. My magnet is working. I thought I remember it throwing the ball all over the place or even sometimes holding it. Just curious?

#10675 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Btw how active is the magnet for Joker or batphone hits? I don’t notice a ton of action. My magnet is working. I thought I remember it throwing the ball all over the place or even sometimes holding it. Just curious?

Mine does both. Tosses the ball all over and holds during Bat Phone.

#10676 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Mine only holds for batphone maybe 20% of the time. I am guessing there is an adjustment for that but I haven’t got around to looking for it yet. Lol

#10677 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Mine does both. Tosses the ball all over and holds during Bat Phone.

Interesting. I’ll have to check for adjustments. It is definitely working as it did grab the ball and throw it around 1 out of the 4 or 5 times I shot it up there

#10678 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As promised..... Plunge the dynamic Duo into crime with a "KaPOW" custom shooter plate Mod! Simple yet theme correct mod to dress up the boring shooter housing. 3D Design with raised accents to put the Pow in your plunge!! Hand detailed in classic colors and simple to install without modification. Let the villains know there is a new shooter in town, KaPOW! For combined shipping and additional info please visit our Website Store
WWW.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine arrived today and I installed it in just a few minutes. Looks great! A very nice touch.

#10679 5 years ago

Anyone with a SLE able to confirm how the lit speakers work on current code, on all the time or flash and interact?

#10680 5 years ago

NEW Batman 66 Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=898

-- Interactive Playfield Shot Map displays shots for selected rules

Please check it out

pbz_batman66 (resized).pngpbz_batman66 (resized).png
#10681 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Please check it out[quoted image]

Thats really helpful and well laid out! Thanks for sharing that!

#10682 5 years ago

I still want to know all the shots necessary to complete each minor villain mode...

#10683 5 years ago

Finally finished binge reading 214 pages...what a great read. This has to be the most positive/supportive/creative threat on Pinside.

Bought a Premium BM66 last week; original owner stated that that game just wasn't fun. Had a total of 345 plays on the factory .71 software. Guess I am fortunate he didn't update the machine to see how much more it has become.

Missing ramp fix , bat girl deflector, and Batmobile was off because "kept coming unscrewed". All 3 issues addressed with Stern and parts on route.

Look forward to adding some mods down the road and seeing just how much more Lyman has in store for this.

#10684 5 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

Finally finished binge reading 214 pages...what a great read. This has to be the most positive/supportive/creative threat on Pinside.
Bought a Premium BM66 last week; original owner stated that that game just wasn't fun. Had a total of 345 plays on the factory .71 software. Guess I am fortunate he didn't update the machine to see how much more it has become.
Missing ramp fix , bat girl deflector, and Batmobile was off because "kept coming unscrewed". All 3 issues addressed with Stern and parts on route.
Look forward to adding some mods down the road and seeing just how much more Lyman has in store for this.

Welcome aboard! Since you’ve read the whole thing, you’re now privy to the highs and lows of early adopter history. We did have a dark first Summer and I have since come to regret venting my code anger in this thread. Fortunately, the game has come a long ways. This thread did turn super positive though, and some great BM66 owners poured their hearts into innovative mods to improve the game. I guess the previous owner never made it here, or he could have been about an hour of code updating and loctiting screws from playing some great pinball.

#10685 5 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

And whats even More awesome for you is that while you have a huge software bump now a very probable rumored major software bump is right around the distant corner! As a new owner however you have to wait 6 months to do the update to be fair to the rest of the group! Just kidding. Enjoy your awesome game that is going to get even better very soon.

#10686 5 years ago

Anyone else have this zip tie thingy on their left ramp?

0Xqe+tUsSyuSfpF2yMjjbw (resized).jpg0Xqe+tUsSyuSfpF2yMjjbw (resized).jpg
#10687 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Anyone else have this zip tie thingy on their left ramp?
[quoted image]

Yep

#10688 5 years ago

So has most everyone moved the blue rubber bumper from the left outside of the left ramp to the inside of the left ramp to make the left orbit shot easier?

#10689 5 years ago

Thanks...Couldn't find any pics online that showed it.

#10690 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So has most everyone moved the blue rubber bumper from the left outside of the left ramp to the inside of the left ramp to make the left orbit shot easier?

I considered it but after moving the wire and zip tie up it seemed to greatly improve that shot. Now it’s no longer “Houdini” hard to hit. Plus I worried it would drastically alter returns from short shots up the ramp but that’s just my view.

#10691 5 years ago

I've only had it for a short time so I'm still discovering the callouts.

"Hands off the flipper button, Citizen" gave me a big belly laugh.

What a great game.

#10692 5 years ago

I did some time ago and it made a major difference.

#10693 5 years ago

I have not because I read a post by someone that it would damage to the ball. Is there any merit to that statement?

#10694 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Please check it out[quoted image]

This is awesome! Bookmarked for future reference

#10695 5 years ago

Nope!!! Mine does fine the way it is!! No problem at all shooting the left orbit!!!

#10696 5 years ago

Incase anyone was wanting a BM66LE here you go (only $19,000 )
sfbay.craigslist.org link

#10697 5 years ago

Incase anyone was wanting a BM66LE here you go (only $19,000 )
sfbay.craigslist.org link

Would love to upgrade into one. But, the day I spend 19k on a game I hope one of my loved ones takes me out back and beats some sense into me...

#10698 5 years ago

Does anyone know if there is a list of game adjustments and what exactly each adjustment does?

Also. Does anyone know if there is a power adjustment for the magnet? I saw the setting to turn it off/on but I haven’t seen anything else. Mine only catches it about 20% of the time when answering the phone.

#10699 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Does anyone know if there is a list of game adjustments and what exactly each adjustment does?
Also. Does anyone know if there is a power adjustment for the magnet? I saw the setting to turn it off/on but I haven’t seen anything else. Mine only catches it about 20% of the time when answering the phone.

I'm wondering the same thing. It may be that the magnet cannot be active every shot for a reason. Would be nice to know all the same. I was watching a video of Dead Flip and BM66 and that magnet grabbed and deflected the ball even less then mine.

#10700 5 years ago

Not us. We have left it how it is meant to be. Shot is meant to be tight.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Sylacauga, AL
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/214?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.