IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 374.
#10451 5 years ago
Quoted from heme:

from the left orbit (skillshot) does the ball usually hit the left flipper? I find I have to nudge it otherwise, it lands right on top of the sling.
was going to mess with the ball guide a little. anyone else have to make this adjustment?

Bend your lane guide slightly, I’ve done that a few times on multiple games as it’s usually the culprit.

#10452 5 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

When you select Super Skill Shot while holding the left flipper while plunging, it will fly from right to left and come back through the left orbit. Ideally the left orbit directs it to the left flipper.

So much like AFM. Thanks, I will go check that out!

#10453 5 years ago

I was supposed to receive my BM66 last Tuesday the day before I left for Pinburgh. When the delivery arrived it was a GOTG Pro! Turns out the shipping company had mixed up the labels when they picked up the games from Stern... I declined the shipment and the shipping company apologized and now it's set for delivery later today.

I was telling this story to another player in my set at Pinburgh and he said he was rooming with the guy who received my BM66 and had to send it back! He introduced us and now we are friends- just one of the many funny coincidences in our little hobby.

Just a few hours to go now...

#10454 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

I was supposed to receive my BM66 last Tuesday the day before I left for Pinburgh. When the delivery arrived it was a GOTG Pro! Turns out the shipping company had mixed up the labels when they picked up the games from Stern... I declined the shipment and the shipping company apologized and now it's set for delivery later today.
I was telling this story to another player in my set at Pinburgh and he said he was rooming with the guy who received my BM66 and had to send it back! He introduced us and now we are friends- just one of the many funny coincidences in our little hobby.

Haha no way, that is a pretty cool story, like they say it’s a small world.

Hopefully you get your BM66 later today and not an IMDN this time

#10455 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Cool story. Must say if they Accidentally shipped me a Batman 66 instead of a GOTG Pro I'm not so sure I could fess up and return it....lol Sounds like you found a new Honest friend!

#10456 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Another plus to the whole mixup is you have a fellow pinhead with a GOTG locally, not bad!

#10457 5 years ago

Finally arrived! After setting everything up last night I only had time for a few games. My card is "Cornered On A Cliff".

One issue that was obvious is that the Penguin Crane would be perfectly centered over the inserts when moving out to the left but it would be off by a quarter to a half inch as it went back over the inserts going right. Has anyone else seen a problem like that?

1966-Batman-Blue-Bat-19B.jpg1966-Batman-Blue-Bat-19B.jpgBM66.jpgBM66.jpg
#10458 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Not sure the Hallmark Batmobile will fit. It's definitely longer than the Hot Wheels one. I'll measure mine tonight and post if someone else doesn't do so before me. By the way does anyone know how to adjust the crane so it's centered above each target? Mine is off a little and when it returns home it smacks the metal on the side.

thundergod76 I'm having this same issue out of the box on mine. I read through the next few posts from your quote here and didn't see a clear fix. Any ideas?

#10459 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Finally arrived! After setting everything up last night I only had time for a few games. My card is "Cornered On A Cliff".
One issue that was obvious is that the Penguin Crane would be perfectly centered over the inserts when moving out to the left but it would be off by a quarter to a half inch as it went back over the inserts going right. Has anyone else seen a problem like that?[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s very odd, I’ve had mine slightly off centre over inserts but adjusting the crane so they are centred worked no matter which way the crane was running, really weird how yours is centred going outward but off centre going back to the home position

#10460 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

thundergod76 I'm having this same issue out of the box on mine. I read through the next few posts from your quote here and didn't see a clear fix. Any ideas?

Just been looking at the mech and cannot work out now it’s over driving one way compared to the other, have you called Stern tech support?

#10461 5 years ago

Honost to God.has ANYONE got a B66 that wasn't screwed up nib???

#10462 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Haha I don’t think many came out of the boxes flawless!

In fairness mine was absolutely perfect, even played smooth as silk!

Just had the little issue of having a Premium playfield installed in my LE but Stern replaced so kudos to them!

#10463 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just had the little issue of having a Premium playfield installed in my LE but Stern replaced so kudos to them!

Wow....Hadn't heard of that one and I thought I read the whole thread......didn't even realize there are differences in the playfields of the 3 versions, thought all the differences were cabinet and topper related.

#10464 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Wow....Hadn't heard of that one and I thought I read the whole thread......didn't even realize there are differences in the playfields of the 3 versions, thought all the differences were cabinet and topper related.

Physically they are the same except the LE & SLE playfields are signed by George & Lyman, plus your guaranteed a signed Adam West card and the left wireform is powder coated Red LE & Blue SLE.

#10465 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Physically they are the same except the LE & SLE playfields are signed by George & Lyman, plus your guaranteed a signed Adam West card and the left wireform is powder coated Red LE & Blue SLE.

Gotcha...so the actual woodwork and art IS the same, just the signatures on the actual playfield. I misunderstood you saying that the playfield itself was different , i.e. similar to the artwork changes in the cabinet or translite.....

#10466 5 years ago

Having an issue where the auto ball launch where it tries to launch a ball but it is super weak and moves the ball only a centimeter or 2 for anywhere from a few tries up to 5 or 6 times, then all of the sudden boom normal power launch.
Thoughts?

#10467 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Mine is the same way. It's centered above said target one way but off center moving the other direction. I've just learned to live with it. Some are perfect and some are not. Just make sure the crane moves smoothly and doesn't "rattle" back and forth when it stops. Mine rattled cuz the belt was too loose. There's a metal plate underneath that needs to be removed. There you'll see how the mechanism works and 2(?) nuts. Make sure belt and nuts are tight. You'll also see the optics disc for the targets. You can adjust that as well but there's only so good you can get it. Hope this helps.

#10468 5 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

Having an issue where the auto ball launch where it tries to launch a ball but it is super weak and moves the ball only a centimeter or 2 for anywhere from a few tries up to 5 or 6 times, then all of the sudden boom normal power launch.
Thoughts?

Run it in test mode. Make sure connections are good, screws are tight and auto launcher is perfectly centered.

#10469 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Gotcha...so the actual woodwork and art IS the same, just the signatures on the actual playfield. I misunderstood you saying that the playfield itself was different , i.e. similar to the artwork changes in the cabinet or translite.....

Yeah it’s all identical except the signatures, signed card and powdered ramp but try selling an LE without one of those things and your going to get knocked down so it was important I got what I paid for, plus most of my games have signed playfields which I enjoy, like art signed by the artist, playfields signed by the designer is a nice addition.

#10470 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah it’s all identical except the signatures, signed card and powdered ramp but try selling an LE without one of those things and your going to get knocked down so it was important I got what I paid for, plus most of my games have signed playfields which I enjoy, like art signed by the artist, playfields signed by the designer is a nice addition.

Oh yeah, agree 100%....I paid lots of good money for it, I'd want it right as well!!!

#10471 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Oh yeah, agree 100%....I paid lots of good money for it, I'd want it right as well!!!

To be fair to Stern they where awesome - (George, John Buscaglia and Pat) replaced playfield and compensated generously for the mix up and trouble it caused, cannot fault them with how they handled it.

#10472 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Mine is the same way. It's centered above said target one way but off center moving the other direction. I've just learned to live with it.

Thanks! Mine is way off on the way back, it causes problems with stuck balls coming down the right orbit- the crane ball is so far right the ball can't pass on the right side so I need to get this fixed. I'm making a video tonight and contacting Stern... I'll update here with whatever happens.

#10473 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Thanks! Mine is way off on the way back, it causes problems with stuck balls coming down the right orbit- the crane ball is so far right the ball can't pass on the right side so I need to get this fixed. I'm making a video tonight and contacting Stern... I'll update here with whatever happens.

I think that’s the smart move as your problem is very odd only being out of alignment in one direction, I hope you get it fixed ASAP as it’s a great mech/toy easily one of my favourites, love smashing the crane!

#10474 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think that’s the smart move as your problem is very odd only being out of alignment in one direction, I hope you get it fixed ASAP as it’s a great mech/toy easily one of my favourites, love smashing the crane!

I don't think this is anything new. I had the same issue on my BDK crane toy. It wasn't off much, so I never really gave it a ton of thought. I would be curious to see what Stern says about it.

#10475 5 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I don't think this is anything new. I had the same issue on my BDK crane toy. It wasn't off much, so I never really gave it a ton of thought. I would be curious to see what Stern says about it.

Yeah on BDK the crane going out of alignment or arriving NIB out of alignment was common, but also quite simple to adjust.

The strange part with Jay_Killjoy is the fact it only goes out of alignment in one direction.

#10476 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Mine was fine.

#10477 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah on BDK the crane going out of alignment or arriving NIB out of alignment was common, but also quite simple to adjust.

Same problem on my machine, apparently on BDK there is a software adjustment where you can adjust the delay between the crane mech triggering the opto and the actual stop of the motor.
Don‘t think that‘s possible on B66.

As mentioned earlier it‘s really easy to adjust the opto interruptor plate under the metal plate of the crane. That said i never got mine to stop directly over the inserts but at least i managed to eliminate the problem of the crane stopping to far to the right to let a ball pass from the orbit.
I had the same problem as mentioned, perfectly centered in right to left movements but way off in left to right movements. Now its always a little bit off but i can live with that

#10478 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

My Premium was perfect out of the box. I didn't even need to make any minor tweaks. It was built February 02, 2018.

#10479 5 years ago

I want one of these.....Anyone have $8k they don't need?

#10480 5 years ago

sure this was covered somewhere... still a little confused though.

When finishing a minor villain does it just finish after a certain number of shots or is there a last shot usually you need to finish? kind of like super jackpot is lit for the majors.
feel like sometimes I hear the same voices saying the same things over and over again right before the mode ends. It's like I keep hitting the wrong shot, until I land on the right one and they finish the sentence. is there a progress meter somewhere I haven't seen?

Next question say you start a minor villain, then accidently start a major or some other mode. All the arrows change color for the new mode so it's difficult to tell which shots you need to complete the minor. Is there something I'm missing?
I know the code is still a WIP, usually the arrows flash multiple different colors in other sterns.

#10481 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Next question say you start a minor villain, then accidently start a major or some other mode. All the arrows change color for the new mode so it's difficult to tell which shots you need to complete the minor. Is there something I'm missing?

Sometimes the arrow colors are blended but not usually, what you can do is press and hold the lock bar button to switch the focus between modes to the one you want to work on.

#10482 5 years ago
9CD60468-5D22-4399-91D8-D25A7357B7F0 (resized).jpeg9CD60468-5D22-4399-91D8-D25A7357B7F0 (resized).jpeg
#10483 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

[quoted image]

Looks like you have Batman in your bed..... Congrats you will not be disappointed!!

#10484 5 years ago
Quoted from Jahkub:

Sometimes the arrow colors are blended but not usually, what you can do is press and hold the lock bar button to switch the focus between modes to the one you want to work on.

that's actually pretty cool, didn't know that.

#10485 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Quoted from Jahkub:

Holding the button down for 1-2 seconds will also "switch tv channels" (exchange the video being shown on one of the smaller tv's with the one currently on the full screen).

#10486 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Looks like you have Batman in your bed..... Congrats you will not be disappointed!!

Made it too the game room. After 9 hours of driving, I’m spent. Probably won’t crack the box until tomorrow. Then I gotta put all your mods on.

0F305567-7FF3-445D-8B2A-DDEE465362BE (resized).jpeg0F305567-7FF3-445D-8B2A-DDEE465362BE (resized).jpeg

#10487 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Made it too the game room. After 9 hours of driving, I’m spent. Probably won’t crack the box until tomorrow. Then I gotta put all your mods on.
[quoted image]

Congratulations on the new purchase and welcome to the club!

#10488 5 years ago

Another new BM66 owner, sales on this game have certainly spiked a lot in the last 12 months especially the last 6 months seems to be a new owner every week.

#10489 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Another new BM66 owner, sales on this game have certainly spiked a lot in the last 12 months especially the last 6 months seems to be a new owner every week.

Yep...there were 2 for sale at California Extreme last week....I bought one and someone else bought the other one early on the first day of the show.

People were lined up to play all weekend and I'm thinking the distributor might have taken orders for additional BM66s. Super popular for the entire show.

#10490 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yep...there were 2 for sale at California Extreme last week....I bought one and someone else bought the other one early on the first day of the show.
People were lined up to play all weekend and I'm thinking the distributor might have taken orders for additional BM66s. Super popular for the entire show.

That’s great to hear, just goes to show that amazing code can blow up a games sales numbers.

#10491 5 years ago

Even Batman now likes playing with melons, must have gone off Robin.
20180803_172638_resized (resized).jpg20180803_172638_resized (resized).jpg

#10492 5 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Even Batman now likes playing with melons, must have gone off Robin.
[quoted image]

Brilliant

Ironically I have been looking for a WNBJM tonight to go next to my BM66LE, very rare game indeed and like BM66 it takes some work to find a WNBJM that someone is now willing to sell.

#10493 5 years ago

I have been following this thread for probably close to a year now and I don't remember seeing anyone post about a change in leg braces in the cabinets. I also searched the cabinet split threads and didn't see an update so I thought I would post. If I missed it and this is old news then I apologize .

My premium has a build date of July 11 2018 and it has upgraded leg braces on it. While its probably not required now, I will probably put a small bracket towards the top of the front cab just to be on the safe side.

Did any Batman's have the service posts or did they always have the service rails?

Dscf6648 (resized).jpgDscf6648 (resized).jpg

#10494 5 years ago

Just checked and mine has the leg braces.

Where do you find the build date info?

#10495 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Just checked and mine has the leg braces.
Where do you find the build date info?

On the back of the main cabinet.

#10496 5 years ago

Found it....

July 18, 2018.

Dang....Brand new!

#10497 5 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Found it....
July 18, 2018.
Dang....Brand new!

I was supposed to be in the next run but they found one laying around I guess.

#10498 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Did any Batman's have the service posts or did they always have the service rails?
[quoted image]

Premiums do have service rails.
Pros only have service posts, but starting with Iron Maiden, even Pros do come with service rails again.

#10499 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

As far as I have seen all BM66’s came with service rails as there is no Pro model, I’ve seen 2 premiums both had rails rather than posts.

#10500 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As far as I have seen all BM66’s came with service rails as there is no Pro model, I’ve seen 2 premiums both had rails rather than posts.

Ok I thought I heard everything pinball in 17 years but what are rails vs posts? Guess I never heard that term?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/210?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.