IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 374.
#10351 5 years ago
Quoted from KeithElliott:

Anyone else waiting on a premium from the next run? I ordered mine the first week in May, and was told they would be run in two weeks. The run keeps getting pushed back. Its not the end of the world, I just wish Stern would stick what they tell distributors

I am waiting now for the next run. My order was recently put in though- about a week ago. No updates yet.

#10352 5 years ago

After and before: fixed the order!

A85A9C2D-1555-453D-AA5F-C3FE8F47A628 (resized).jpegA85A9C2D-1555-453D-AA5F-C3FE8F47A628 (resized).jpeg

#10353 5 years ago

Thanks to Yelobird for his excellent mods and to everyone who gave me advice on selecting which Hot Wheels Batmobile to use and how to mount it. This is a big improvement over the flat black Batmobile that was riveted down.

#10354 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Before and after:

I hope before isn't on the left or you did it wrong ...

#10355 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope before isn't on the left or you did it wrong ...

You're right! I fixed the order of the statement rather than re-shoot the photo, as the "after" is now mounted in the game.

#10356 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Thanks to Yelobird for his excellent mods and to everyone who gave me advice on selecting which Hot Wheels Batmobile to use and how to mount it. This is a big improvement over the flat black Batmobile that was riveted down.

Thank You. Enjoy that game, we sincerely appreciate your support and interest in our products!

#10357 5 years ago

Great interview with Lyman Sheats on the 100th episode of The Slam Tilt podcast! For those interested in BM66 past and future info, skip to 2:02:30 and enjoy!

http://www.slamtiltpodcast.com/2018/07/18/episode-100-lyman-laments/

#10358 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Great interview with Lyman Sheats on the 100th episode of The Slam Tilt podcast! For those interested in BM66 past and future info, skip to 2:02:30 and enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up Tuna! Great interview. Lyman is just a flat out great and talented guy. Sounds like we still have quite a bit more marvelous Batman code to come.

#10359 5 years ago

Thanks for the heads up Tuna, great podcast with some good insight into BM66 with Lyman, always enjoy listening to him talk about the games he is working on and code, you can hear the joy he gets from creating code in his voice.

#10360 5 years ago

And 2 more wizard modes, creating a choice of which wizard mode you want to play sounds great, if any more choice are put into this game we are going to need a menu for it.

The thought Lyman is putting into this game is mind blowing....
203260B3-F73F-42AE-A569-6DFF25EF481E.gif203260B3-F73F-42AE-A569-6DFF25EF481E.gif

#10361 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sounds like we still have quite a bit more marvelous Batman code to come.

Wow.

#10362 5 years ago

Thinking more about what Lyman has planned, I’d love to see all the wizard modes expanded like the standard modes, it would be cool if the additional wizard modes or maybe just one of them was taken from an extended 2 part episode.

docquest where there any 3 part episodes? If so one of those as a wizard mode would be cool but maybe with the risk reward ramped up to 10, so if you continue the wizard mode and drain all points from that mode are lost.

#10363 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

[were] there any 3 part episodes? If so one of those as a wizard mode would be cool but maybe with the risk reward ramped up to 10, so if you continue the wizard mode and drain all points from that mode are lost.

The Londinium Larcenies
The Foggiest Notion
The Bloody Tower

made up a three part episode in Season 3 that I think was one of the worst in the entire series and not a good candidate to use as the basis for a wizard mode.

#10364 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The Londinium Larcenies
The Foggiest Notion
The Bloody Tower
made up a three part episode in Season 3 that I think was one of the worst in the entire series and not a good candidate to use as the basis for a wizard mode.

Series 3 in general isn’t great

#10365 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

where there any 3 part episodes?

Season 3 had 1 official 3 parter (The Londoninium episodes described above in previous post). Season 3 almost had an Olga and Egghead three parter. It was written as three episodes but when it was time to film it was divided up in a two parter and a single episode.

Season 2 had 2 three part episodes. The first 3 parter featured Joker and Penguin and the episodes were: "The Zodiac Crimes", "The Joker's Hard Times", and "The Penguin Declines"

The second three parter feautured Penguin and Marsha Queen of Diamonds and the episodes were: "Penguin is a Girl's Best Friend", "Penguin Sets a Trend", and "Penguin's Disastrous End".

The Zodiac Crimes is the best of the three parters. It even features a getaway by the Penguin using a crane. So you could argue that the crane in Batman66 actually references something from the show.

In the "Zodiac Crimes" Penguin taunts the Dynamic Duo and runs outside to a waiting crane truck. He hopes onto the crane and and is driven away. Batman and Robin run onto the crane to catch him but Penguin uses his umbrella to hook onto an overhead wire and escapes while Batman and Robin are still on the truck.
peng_crane1 (resized).pngpeng_crane1 (resized).pngpeng_crane2 (resized).pngpeng_crane2 (resized).pngpeng_crane3 (resized).pngpeng_crane3 (resized).png

#10366 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Season 3 had 1 official 3 parter (The Londoninium episodes described above in previous post). Season 3 almost had an Olga and Egghead three parter. It was written as three episodes but when it was time to film it was divided up in a two parter and a single episode.
Season 2 had 2 three part episodes. The first 3 parter featured Joker and Penguin and the episodes were: "The Zodiac Crimes", "The Joker's Hard Times", and "The Penguin Declines"
The second three parter feautured Penguin and Marsha Queen of Diamonds and the episodes were: "Penguin is a Girl's Best Friend", "Penguin Sets a Trend", and "Penguin's Disastrous End".
The Zodiac Crimes is the best of the three parters. It even features a getaway by the Penguin using a crane. So you could argue that the crane in Batman66 actually references something from the show.
In the "Zodiac Crimes" Penguin taunts the Dynamic Duo and runs outside to a waiting crane truck. He hopes onto the crane and and is driven away. Batman and Robin run onto the crane to catch him but Penguin uses his umbrella to hook onto an overhead wire and escapes while Batman and Robin are still on the truck.

You sir Never fail to impress. I thought I was a 66 superfan but you raise the bar to entirely new levels. Thanks for sharing that trivia now I need to search my DVD's for that episode group!

#10367 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For the Pinsiders in Australia, the original BM66 series is screening now on Foxtel Sy Fy channel. My wife and I have been watching them and get a great laugh from them.

#10368 5 years ago

Just picked up the bat boat at Target for $5. Thought to post some pics after a month.

Loving it.

1098708C-A63B-4F63-A0A0-08C9DF7A3B15 (resized).jpeg1098708C-A63B-4F63-A0A0-08C9DF7A3B15 (resized).jpeg16938322-03BE-45A1-A931-99EEABE7D171 (resized).jpeg16938322-03BE-45A1-A931-99EEABE7D171 (resized).jpeg1DA05DBC-069D-4E3C-B7D4-EFF31610AC94 (resized).jpeg1DA05DBC-069D-4E3C-B7D4-EFF31610AC94 (resized).jpeg7D184CBF-B0CD-4D82-AFEC-A77F2660CF9E (resized).jpeg7D184CBF-B0CD-4D82-AFEC-A77F2660CF9E (resized).jpegAAFDD931-239F-4AEE-B8FC-09C087295067 (resized).jpegAAFDD931-239F-4AEE-B8FC-09C087295067 (resized).jpegB4B90BA8-11C5-4E1C-BD35-BDE6DE9B715D (resized).jpegB4B90BA8-11C5-4E1C-BD35-BDE6DE9B715D (resized).jpegFCF753A9-4D9D-406C-BBA8-708DDB12D9FA (resized).jpegFCF753A9-4D9D-406C-BBA8-708DDB12D9FA (resized).jpeg
#10369 5 years ago

Starting to look at modern Sterns that have more depth than my stable of 1990s bally/williams games. Where would BM66 fall among newer Sterns as far as depth? Where LOTR/TSPP are the far end of super deep...how close would BM66 get to them? What other Sterns would it compare to, code depth wise?

#10370 5 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Starting to look at modern Sterns that have more depth than my stable of 1990s bally/williams games. Where would BM66 fall among newer Sterns as far as depth? Where LOTR/TSPP are the far end of super deep...how close would BM66 get to them? What other Sterns would it compare to, code depth wise?

BM66 is already the deepest Stern pin at current code level. The next deepest game is probably TWD.

I predict that no Stern game (and probably no JJP game) will ever surpass the level of theme integration of audio and video assets that BM66 does.

#10371 5 years ago

It is very deep as it is, but based on that recent podcast with Lyman, it will get even deeper. The enthusiasm and passion you can hear it it in his voice for this game. He has already gone above and beyond, but I think he will take this game to even another level before he is finished with it.

#10372 5 years ago

Just a little info for everyone. I just put in my order for a BM66 today. Will be my first NIB. Stern didn’t make any extra in the July run so orders placed now are scheduled to be run in late August.

#10373 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Just a little info for everyone. I just put in my order for a BM66 today. Will be my first NIB. Stern didn’t make any extra in the July run so orders placed now are scheduled to be run in late August.

Seems like distributors still have new units in stock or is that no longer the case?

#10374 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

BM66 is already the deepest Stern pin at current code level. The next deepest game is probably TWD.
I predict that no Stern game (and probably no JJP game) will ever surpass the level of theme integration of audio and video assets that BM66 does.

This is what I was thinking. BM66 has entered Lyman greatest hits status, kind of like TWD. When first released, I could frequently see pretty much the entire game. It's not even close anymore, just consider the massive number of modes:

(1) 4 Major Villains (each with two episodes to choose from and each of those 8 episodes has about four levels optional to advance through during gameplay),
(2) 6 Minor Villains (3 with two episodes among the 3 seasons, so 9 episodes in all at present, though Lyman seemed to hint at more),
(3) Bat Turn (parachute recovery mode),
(4) "Get 'Em Pengie" regular Multiball,
(5) Villain Escape (completion of Major Villains) Wizard,
(6) Batusi (completion of Minor Villains) Wizard, and
(7-8) At least two more wizard modes on the way, per Lyman.
(etc) Plus numerous combos and the Bat Poles sequence

That's quite a bit of game to chew on there.

#10375 5 years ago
Quoted from taz:

BM66 has entered Lyman greatest hits status, kind of like TWD.

I enjoy playing my BM66, but the jury is still out for me regarding the code's degree of overall greatness. I'm still learning the nuances of the various minor villain modes and researching strategy though. The most encouraging thing to me is how much more code is supposedly still on the way from Lyman Sheats.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10376 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems like distributors still have new units in stock or is that no longer the case?

I talked to a couple and they didn't have them In Stock. I wanted to pick the machine up so that limited my options on distributors.

#10378 5 years ago

Woohoo

V0.93.0 - Jul. 25, 2018
=======================

- Added new Mad Hatter mode: Season 2, Episode 69 ("The Contaminated
Cowl") and Season 2, Episode 70 ("The Mad Hatter Runs Afowl").
- Added new King Tut mode: Season 3, Episode 100 ("The Unkindest Tut
Of All").
- Fixed an issue where the small TV for the BATUSI mode was not going
away at the end of the mode.
- Fixed an issue where the High Score To Date for the BOOKWORM mode
was using the score information for the EGGHEAD mode.
- Fixed an issue with MAD HATTER 13/14 where the first stage of the mode
would show incorrect background frames after the first shot was made.
- Increased the brightness of the background illumination when the super
jackpot lamp is lit.
- Removed dim the background illumination when the super jackpot has been
lit but then is not available (i.e., during multiball).

bitmoji-20180726082735 (resized).pngbitmoji-20180726082735 (resized).png

#10379 5 years ago

More episodes added and the bookworm scoring bug has been fixed, thank you Lyman!

#10380 5 years ago

Hope we get a Bat Climb mode or some other hidden/game based mode like Bat Turn!

F473B724-19FE-443B-AF13-063F8C5AAFC8.gifF473B724-19FE-443B-AF13-063F8C5AAFC8.gif
#10381 5 years ago

NEW CODE!

#10382 5 years ago

V0.93.0 - Jul. 25, 2018
=======================

Of All").
jackpot lamp is lit.

#10383 5 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

V0.93.0 - Jul. 25, 2018
=======================
Of All").

Anyone else notice the video quality of the episode clips from the new Season 2 Mad Hatter mode aren't as good as the rest of the game's clips?

#10384 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

Anyone else notice the video quality of the episode clips from the new Season 2 Mad Hatter mode aren't as good as the rest of the game's clips

Have not tried the new mode yet, forgot in the habit of always picking shame first but am i wrong or is there a new video sequence for answering the batphone and qualifying the first multiplier in the penguin hole? Could be i‘m just imagining but the game felt totally fresh this evening (not that thats needed, it‘s so awesome

#10385 5 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

V0.93.0 - Jul. 25, 2018
=======================
Of All").
jackpot lamp is lit.

As much as I love Batman... It took them 2 month for this? I will skip this one, dont wanna lose my scores for this little...

#10386 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

As much as I love Batman... It took them 2 month for this? I will skip this one, dont wanna lose my scores for this little...

Let me guess, you weren’t an early adopter?

#10387 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Only on Pinside will you find someone complaining that two entirely new modes are not enough. Wow.

#10388 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Holy holdoff! Hi-scores be darned citizen - we're talking new modes and fixes here!

Life is too short - experience new BM66 fun and relive the thrill of setting all-new scores!!!

#10389 5 years ago

Man, I was all set to pull my custom left wireform to have it powdered and now new code!!! Drats, Batman..... have to stare at the steel awhile longer, as I must play!!!!

#10390 5 years ago

Holy holdoff! Hi-scores be darned citizen - we're talking new modes and fixes here!
Life is too short - experience new BM66 fun and relive the thrill of setting all-new scores!!!

Agree heavily here!!!! The thrill of attacking a blank slate again!!!! (load was very smooth, btw)...

#10391 5 years ago

I must be late to the party, but what is the BATUSI mode and how do I get to it?

#10392 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramzr1:

I must be late to the party, but what is the BATUSI mode and how do I get to it?

Defeat a minor villain from each of the 3 seasons. Then shoot the left orbit into the bat signal. Then BATUSI multiball wizard mode!! (as Robin waits in the Batmobile).

#10393 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Defeat a minor villain from each of the 3 seasons. Then shoot the left orbit into the bat signal. Then BATUSI multiball wizard mode!! (as Robin waits in the Batmobile).

Thanks for the info. I guess I know what i'm doing tonight.

#10394 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

Anyone else notice the video quality of the episode clips from the new Season 2 Mad Hatter mode aren't as good as the rest of the game's clips?

Yeah - they look just a titch less hi def to me too.

#10395 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

When opening the last update (0.92) with PB there were many clips that weren't even close to HD. I wonder what the logic is in that?

#10396 5 years ago

Hey Bat-fans an FYI on a hard to find item! Eaglemoss has back in stock the rare and hard to find classic Batgirl Batcycle in custom case with comic for only $15. Just a heads up if your looking for that last detailed accessory. All of their villian cars and Batmobile options to me are the most accurate and best available. Good Luck! Eaglemoss.com

Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 10.58.44 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-07-27 at 10.58.44 AM (resized).png
#10397 5 years ago

Maybe they are saving space as the rom is getting too large? Perhaps Lyman is planning for more video content so he needs to conserve?

Yeah - they look just a titch less hi def to me too.

#10398 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Maybe they are saving space as the rom is getting too large? Perhaps Lyman is planning for more video content so he needs to conserve?

If that’s the case Stern better workout how to increase the storage on Spike 2!

#10399 5 years ago

Hello Bat Fans.

Just picked up a NIB. Problem is upkick on right ramp is shooting ball outside ramp. Called Stern and they said make sure plastic rod is straight which it is. They also said make sure wire ramp is not bent, which it is not. I am thinking maybe not enough power and have to strengthen coil power in settings. Also checked coil assembly and everything is tight and secure to board.

Anyone have this

#10400 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello Bat Fans.
Just picked up a NIB. Problem is upkick on right ramp is shooting ball outside ramp. Called Stern and they said make sure plastic rod is straight which it is. They also said make sure wire ramp is not bent, which it is not. I am thinking maybe not enough power and have to strengthen coil power in settings. Also checked coil assembly and everything is tight and secure to board.
Anyone have this

Hard to say as that cage pretty much surrounds the kicker. Unless your game is set to 8 degrees I haven't seen many reported issues with that. Is it blooping out the front? I would agree with Stern, raise the power on that coil and test fire a few balls to see whats happening. Could be a bent bracket below causing it to fire forward or the ball wire form may need to be loosened and slid over a bit. Not a tough repair, keep us posted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/208?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.