IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 374.
#10301 5 years ago

Awesome! I mounted my Batgirl cycle in the shooter lane.

Batgirl (resized).jpgBatgirl (resized).jpg
#10302 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Awesome! I mounted my Batgirl cycle in the shooter lane.

I’m thinking of putting mine over on the Batgirl plastic in front of the back deflector as I got my deflector powder coated in Batgirl purple with sparkle.

#10303 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’m thinking of putting mine over on the Batgirl plastic in front of the back deflector as I got my deflector powder coated in Batgirl purple with sparkle.

That sounds cool. Post of pic of how the purple sparkle powdercoated deflector looks installed on your game.

#10304 5 years ago

Here is my lit shooter lane batmobile

2B52505E-A43B-41E6-A50D-65BCBEA873E8 (resized).jpeg2B52505E-A43B-41E6-A50D-65BCBEA873E8 (resized).jpeg4D7E4EE5-DE0E-4025-84EE-239A144E0899 (resized).jpeg4D7E4EE5-DE0E-4025-84EE-239A144E0899 (resized).jpegCBFD4F24-81F0-436D-90A7-98CFD4F2AD8B (resized).jpegCBFD4F24-81F0-436D-90A7-98CFD4F2AD8B (resized).jpeg
#10305 5 years ago

New member to the club! Played it at its initial release and passed. Glad I revisited the game recently as it is like night and day with the upgraded code! What fun...which for me in what Pnball is all about. This game just puts a smile on my face. Watched the series as a kid in the 60’s which makes it that more special. Shout out to Curly at Little Shop Of Games for making it happen! Best, Charlie

#10306 5 years ago

New member of the club this weekend. Already having a blast. The code is really coming along. Sorry I passed on the initial offering but better late than never...

20180706_205001 (resized).jpg20180706_205001 (resized).jpg
#10307 5 years ago

Any one else originally pass on the game near launch but pick one up in the last 6-9 months? Did you change your mind based on word of mouth and reviews or by playing the game?

#10308 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any one else originally pass on the game near launch but pick one up in the last 6-9 months? Did you change your mind based on word of mouth and reviews or by playing the game?

Yes to all. Actually played it off and on for over a year at our league location before I pulled the trigger. Everyone loved the looks of it day one, but the poor code soon made it a pin no one picked to play. Then after a bunch of code updates it started getting more play during league, especially after the Pinside comments of where the pin had shown some real improvement. Really started to enjoy playing it myself, and ended up ordering one a few months back. It really is a great theme that the code has brought to life.

#10309 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I played the game down at the museum in Banning in January and thought it was fantastic. I had no expectations other than it wasn't getting great early reviews. So I cancelled Houdini and bought BM 66 instead.

#10310 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Here, here!!!

#10311 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

So I cancelled Houdini and bought BM 66 instead.

ECFED790-9C29-4824-BA85-9CFD0645DBDD.gifECFED790-9C29-4824-BA85-9CFD0645DBDD.gif
#10312 5 years ago

Is the code good enough now if it was never finished ? Are there modes not code completed? Don’t get me wrong Lyman will finish it. But Incase he left stern or who knows!

#10313 5 years ago

It's a very good game as it stands. The only reason it's unfinished is because of the ambition of Lyman's vision for the game.

#10314 5 years ago

Quick question. When is the bat signal light at the back of the playfield supposed to light? As far as I can see, mine only lights momentarily when the VUK kicks the ball out. Is that it?

#10315 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Is the code good enough now if it was never finished ? Are there modes not code completed? Don’t get me wrong Lyman will finish it. But Incase he left stern or who knows!

I would say in it’s current state BM66 has more in it than most games, it’s certainly one of the most mode and content heavy games Stern has released in a long time.

It can easily sit next to LOTR, TSPP, TWD in terms of depth, yes those first two are deeper but it still offers up enough modes, different ways to play and variation to be in that exclusive club.

And there is still more to come from Lyman, so it’s only going to get better.

#10316 5 years ago

Thank you everyone!

#10317 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would say in it’s current state BM66 has more in it than most games, it’s certainly one of the most mode and content heavy games Stern has released in a long time.
It can easily sit next to LOTR, TSPP, TWD in terms of depth, yes those first two are deeper but it still offers up enough modes, different ways to play and variation to be in that exclusive club.
And there is still more to come from Lyman, so it’s only going to get better.

I disagree,

The code is good now but not complete now imo.

I feels like there are two mini wizard modes but no final wizard mode.

Probably one update away from greatness however.

#10318 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I disagree,
The code is good now but not complete now imo.
I feels like there are two mini wizard modes but no final wizard mode.
Probably one update away from greatness however.

I always thought Batusi was supposed to be the main wizard mode and that is in the current code,

#10319 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

The BM66 code is pretty tight now and far deeper than my other games. However, looking towards perfection, I think it still needs more Batgirl and perhaps another Bat Turn type of mode that's not dependent on specific major/minor villain modes. I doubt we'll see it, but I'd also like to see a much more dynamic use of the Bat Gadgets, which I feel are underutilized given their playfield and lock down bar real estate. I know that I'm probably being a little greedy.

#10321 5 years ago

I’m hoping a ‘Batclimb’ mode eventually makes it’s way in. Where Batman and Robin scale a building's outside wall, and a celebrity would open a window and make a remark.

Some included:
Jerry Lewis
George Cisar
Dick Clark
Green Hornet and Kato
Sammy Davis Jr.
José Jiménez
Colonel Klink
Lurch
Santa Claus
Suzy Knickerbocker

#10322 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I’m hoping a ‘Batclimb’ mode eventually makes it’s way in. Where Batman and Robin scale a building's outside wall, and a celebrity would open a window and make a remark.
Some included:
Jerry Lewis
George Cisar
Dick Clark
Green Hornet and Kato
Sammy Davis Jr.
José Jiménez
Colonel Klink
Lurch
Santa Claus
Suzy Knickerbocker

That would be cool.

I was just about to suggest they need to implement a mode for the spinner and target behind it since the spinner is not used at all. Maybe a Batclimb mode using the spinner to represent distance climbed up the building!!

#10323 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That would be cool.
I was just about to suggest they need to implement a mode for the spinner and target behind it since the spinner is not used at all. Maybe a Batclimb mode using the spinner to represent distance climbed up the building!!

Awesome idea! Spinners are such a simple little mech but they are so damn fun to shoot, always seems a waste to not have them tied to a mode.

IM is a great example of spinner impletentauion, you have to hit each one (3 in total) and rip them fast enough to clock up enough hits to raise the Iron Monger out of the playfield.

#10324 5 years ago

Has anyone had any luck contacting Cointaker? Been try for a few weeks.

#10325 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

AdeptJR, all due respect but I have to say this right now... every time that I see your avatar, I am like the child of Poltergeist(1982) trying to look the other way, or scrolling my tablet down a bit ... I swear that’s the truth and I apologize but I had to say that today

#10326 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Go to the Cointaker website. Look at the bar across the top and click "Contact Us". Look down the list until you see this:

570-847-9595 Melissa, Sales / Customer Support

Call it.

Melissa is one of the very best people in the business. She takes and returns calls.

#10327 5 years ago

Hi everyone, longtime lurker, somewhat recent bm66 owner.

I think I've found an interesting bug in the .92 update but haven't been able to verify it on another machine yet. The bug has to do with completing the Mad Hatter minor villain mode, which seems to not only reward you with his ability of replaying minor villain modes but also seems to reward you with Bookworms ability of carrying rewards between balls.

I initially noticed that rewards were carrying ball to ball after beating Mad Hatter but couldn't figure out why for a few games. One particularly good game I earned a high score of 107m on Mad Hatter and at the end it gave me the high score for Bookworm instead despite never even playing Bookworm in that game.

I guess I'm curious to see if anyone else can test this out for me to prove it as a bug?

#10328 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Go to the Cointaker website. Look at the bar across the top and click "Contact Us". Look down the list until you see this:
570-847-9595 Melissa, Sales / Customer Support
Call it.
Melissa is one of the very best people in the business. She takes and returns calls.

Thank you, but I have called and left messages in addition to emails. Maybe they closed up to take a vacation? Just seeing if anyone else has been in contact with them

#10329 5 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

New member to the club! Played it at its initial release and passed. Glad I revisited the game recently as it is like night and day with the upgraded code! What fun...which for me in what Pnball is all about. This game just puts a smile on my face. Watched the series as a kid in the 60’s which makes it that more special. Shout out to Curly at Little Shop Of Games for making it happen! Best, Charlie

YEAH Charlie! Welcome to the Club!

#10330 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Just seeing if anyone else has been in contact with them

I spoke with Melissa today, I think she just got back to the office today. Try and call her tomorrow
Ed

#10331 5 years ago

Bookworm carryover rewards are not being implemented correctly at this point, Stern is aware of this.
Bookworm comes up on the high score table also from a new egghead high score. The recording is indeed incorrect. This is a bug that Stern is aware of.

#10332 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Bookworm carryover rewards are not being implemented correctly at this point, Stern is aware of this.
Bookworm comes up on the high score table also from a new egghead high score. The recording is indeed incorrect. This is a bug that Stern is aware of.

Ah good, I'm glad they know about it already. I guess I'll miss the lucrative side of this bug, having nearly continuous shame mb is pretty nice while it lasts.

#10333 5 years ago

Does this clip bother anyone else as much as it does me? ... it the only clip that is pillar boxed (black bars on left/right) or at least the only that I have seen. Being in the video / post production industry its like nails on a chalkboard every time I see it.

Typically this is cause by incorrectly processing the aspect ratio of the source clip. A simple fix that I mistakenly assumed that would have been on Stern's to-do list from the get go. After a year+ of owning the machine a considerable amount of updates I'm guessing they are unaware or uninterested in remedying.

IMG_1831 (resized).jpgIMG_1831 (resized).jpg
#10334 5 years ago

Never noticed. I do think the framing of the LCD by the TV set is a cool idea. However, I think I'd prefer to have the entire screen used for showing the video clips.

#10335 5 years ago

Never noticed. I do think the framing of the LCD by the TV set is a cool idea. However, I think I'd prefer to have the entire screen used for showing the video clips.

But using 4:3 is perfect for the theming. And using the whole screen would either requiring zooming, stretching or black barring the video, all of which would destroy it.

I thought it was funny when George said none of the graphic artists had any idea on how to draw a 60's era TV.

#10336 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But using 4:3 is perfect for the theming. And using the whole screen would either requiring zooming, stretching or black barring the video, all of which would destroy it.

Excellent point.

#10337 5 years ago

Holy long thread Batman!

I started reading from the very first post a few days ago when I decided to buy a BM 66 Premium What an emotional rollercoaster you guys have gone through! I will say this has been the best Pinside thread I have ever read through- you guys are awesome and I can't wait to officially be a part of this club.

The original run of the show was a little before my time- but I'm still a big fan. I grew up watching re-runs of the TV series in the 80's at my grandparents' house and have lots of warm and fuzzy Batman memories. When I was 10 years old I received "The Official Batman Batbook" as a Christmas gift- I used to read it from front to back going over every episode and reading every detail.

When the pin was announced I wasn't in the market to buy a game but thought it was a very cool theme- I heard of lot of negativity from other players but reserved my opinion until I had to chance to play one. Started playing one on location a few months ago and thought it was great! Glad to see the public opinion on this awesome game changing quickly

I finally decided to pull the trigger when I met docquest at Pintastic and played a bunch of games on his BM 66! It was great meeting you- thanks again for sharing your game at the show!

I haven't received a shipping date yet but I will post here once it arrives. Can't wait!

#10338 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Holy long thread Batman!
I started reading from the very first post a few days ago when I decided to buy a BM 66 Premium What an emotional rollercoaster you guys have gone through! I will say this has been the best Pinside thread I have ever read through- you guys are awesome and I can't wait to officially be a part of this club.
The original run of the show was a little before my time- but I'm still a big fan. I grew up watching re-runs of the TV series in the 80's at my grandparents' house and have lots of warm and fuzzy Batman memories. When I was 10 years old I received "The Official Batman Batbook" as a Christmas gift- I used to read it from front to back going over every episode and reading every detail.
When the pin was announced I wasn't in the market to buy a game but thought it was a very cool theme- I heard of lot of negativity from other players but reserved my opinion until I had to chance to play one. Started playing one on location a few months ago and thought it was great! Glad to see the public opinion on this awesome game changing quickly
I finally decided to pull the trigger when I met docquest at Pintastic and played a bunch of games on his BM 66! It was great meeting you- thanks again for sharing your game at the show!
I haven't received a shipping date yet but I will post here once it arrives. Can't wait!

Congrats you won’t be disappointed. Amazing game. Doc is by far the premier ambassador and officianado of Batman 66 culture and gameplay. Glad to see you hooked up with him, great person and player.

#10339 5 years ago

Hello,Jay,and welcome!! You got to meet the Doc,sooo cool! He doesn't come out west! Have fun,B safe,and look at Yelobirds Atomic Pile and Bat Cave Mods! We have dub these mods as a "must have"

#10340 5 years ago

Congrats Jay - Batman 66 is a fun game! I've really been enjoying mine the last couple months when I've had time in the midst of doing a major house project. Now that that is winding down, I'm looking forward to finally getting to install all of the cool mods I bought for my game and learning the rules better. AND with the remaining anticipated code updates, the best is yet to come for BM66!

#10341 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

When I was 10 years old I received "The Official Batman Batbook" as a Christmas gift- I used to read it from front to back going over every episode and reading every detail.

Me too! Still have it and Love that book. The 2nd book was a real stinker though.

#10343 5 years ago
Quoted from Jay_Killjoy:

Holy long thread Batman!

Super congrats and welcome!!! An absolute great/ fun pin......all the initial grief was more than worth it, imho....

#10344 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers. I love this mod

5004E876-38F3-4725-8337-4C277FFC61D9 (resized).jpeg5004E876-38F3-4725-8337-4C277FFC61D9 (resized).jpeg
#10345 5 years ago

I have a feeling the upcoming week will give us a new update... hopefully.

#10346 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Late August/early September is what my Bat Code Update Analyser is telling me.

#10347 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

This is supposed to be about batman, not Iron Maiden...

#10348 5 years ago

Anyone else waiting on a premium from the next run? I ordered mine the first week in May, and was told they would be run in two weeks. The run keeps getting pushed back. Its not the end of the world, I just wish Stern would stick what they tell distributors

#10349 5 years ago

Kinda nice to hear that production is actually behind on these. That means more buyers than anticipated. BM66 deserves it. Stay patient. The wait will be worth it!

#10350 5 years ago

Kinda nice to hear that production is actually behind on these. That means more buyers than anticipated. BM66 deserves it. Stay patient. The wait will be worth it!

I heard Stern couldn’t keep up with production on BM66 back at the beginning of the year after Lyman dropped the 2 major game changing updates.

Funny how things have turned around 180 from distributors stuck with stock to now not being able to get enough stock in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.