IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 374.
#10251 5 years ago

I was wrong. You can beat Shame3. It's so many shots I quit counting, but it happens. It's weird, b/c the lights stay on even in MB. However, it can be done.

#10252 5 years ago

Maybe I'm the only stupid one, but I just realized that these two guys from Joker 104 are Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara.

thumbnail_IMG_9359 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_9359 (resized).jpg
#10253 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

Maybe I'm the only stupid one, but I just realized that these two guys from Joker 104 are Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara.

I had to laugh when I first noticed it - very cool. How many times did you play it before you realized it?

#10254 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So has there been any news regarding BM66 discussed at Pintastic yet?

I never ran into Lyman. However I did see George's talk and he said Batman66 would be up to 1.0 soon but a specific time frame wasn't given.

#10255 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

Yeh its pretty cool, playing Joker (Surf's Up) is my favorite

#10256 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Thanks, I am just going to get the OEM, hopefully I can sale the CoinTaker for at least 75% of what I paid

You'll be better off with OEM or Pinball Life. Coin Takers (including and especially the Red Tremors) suck IME.

#10257 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

I love the undercover names the use for each other in that episode, Duke and Buzzy.

#10258 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I never ran into Lyman. However I did see George's talk and he said Batman66 would be up to 1.0 soon but a specific time frame wasn't given.

Another good tidbit from the talk was they are working on detailed manuals and schematics for the spike system.

#10259 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Another good tidbit from the talk was they are working on detailed manuals and schematics for the spike system.

That’s great news, sure has been a long time coming...

D189665C-5AF4-470A-8904-0956EA7CFCD2 (resized).jpegD189665C-5AF4-470A-8904-0956EA7CFCD2 (resized).jpeg
#10260 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

Man I remember that from when I was a kid, the show is full of great moments although season 1 and 2 are definitely my favs minus the actor changes in Riddler and Freeze.

#10261 5 years ago

I think I figured out how to beat Shame3.

Just play it the way you play Shame 2. First concentrate to hit some targets (random) on the left and right target banks, then start hitting the main shots... I found that this makes me complete the mode a lot faster and gives me sooner indiciations on the screen like 3, 2 or 1 more shot, etc...

I think a little copy paste code was done from shame 2

#10262 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think if you phone them up they will take care of you. I've always had great dealings with Mellisa.

CoinTaker seems to be a good company, and Melisa is very friendly. Getting the pinball machine was simple and quick. But getting the shaker and art blades has been like pulling teeth. Everything was ordered back in mid-May, received the pinball machine within a week. The shaker I just received last week after multiple emails. I still haven't received the art blades, and the last two emails have gone unanswered. This is another reason I will just accept there notice NO RETURNS, as I don't want to deal with a possibility of months dragging out to get a refund. Just wish I read more on the shaker before ordering.

#10263 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

CoinTaker seems to be a good company, and Melisa is very friendly. Getting the pinball machine was simple and quick. But getting the shaker and art blades has been like pulling teeth. Everything was ordered back in mid-May, received the pinball machine within a week. The shaker I just received last week after multiple emails. I still haven't received the art blades, and the last two emails have gone unanswered. This is another reason I will just accept there notice NO RETURNS, as I don't want to deal with a possibility of months dragging out to get a refund. Just wish I read more on the shaker before ordering.

Man that sucks! Have you tried calling instead of emailing? Before the whole Alien fiasco I had never heard a bad word about them, no idea what’s going on.

#10264 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I think they must be out of town ,I emailed them probably 10 times in the last two weeks with no answer. Hopefully they return after the fourth
Mo

#10265 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Man that sucks! Have you tried calling instead of emailing? Before the whole Alien fiasco I had never heard a bad word about them, no idea what’s going on.

Hmmm. Maybe their no return policy is a direct result of them getting burned so badly with the whole Alien debacle.

#10266 5 years ago

Stern of the Union update on BM66 code - no change....

Batman ’66 – We are still working towards our next release later this summer.

#10267 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Stern of the Union update on BM66 code - no change....
Batman ’66 – We are still working towards our next release later this summer.

That sounds like “months” until we see another update..... not exactly thrilled with summer doldrums in code again like last year.

#10268 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

That sounds like “months” until we see another update..... not exactly thrilled with summer doldrums in code again like last year.

Hey! Nothing can compare to Last year! Last year there were no updates so as long as they keep dribbling out updates that means they are not done. lol At this point to me the game is Amazing and the fact that Lyman is taking his sweet time doing it means he aims for it to be the best. Just an opinion. I still say this slow code march is better then other title releases that hit 1.0 in a few months and bam they are on to a new money grab title. Almost like Lyman made this his personal pet project. I'm grateful to be along for the ride and it does keep the game new and interesting for a long time. Just rambling....

#10269 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I think they must be out of town ,I emailed them probably 10 times in the last two weeks with no answer. Hopefully they return after the fourth
Mo

I know Melisa was out of town a few weeks ago. I realize things happen, might be busy, I will just keep trying. I left a voice message yesterday, I am sure once they have a chance they will call.

#10270 5 years ago

I noticed little bubbles on the playing field and it does make a difference on the ball's reaction. Is there a way to try to smooth them out?

#10271 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I noticed little bubbles on the playing field and it does make a difference on the ball's reaction. Is there a way to try to smooth them out?

Bubbles? Can u post a pic?

#10272 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Bubbles? Can u post a pic?

Not the best pic, but you can see these little air bubbles under the skin of the playfield.

IMG_6765 (resized).jpgIMG_6765 (resized).jpg
#10273 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Not the best pic, but you can see these little air bubbles under the skin of the playfield.

Those aren't air bubbles, they are dimples from where the ball meets the playfield. Perfectly normal, *many* threads on Pinside discussing these. As the pin gets more play, these dimples will eventually even out and no longer be as noticeable.....

#10274 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Those aren't air bubbles, they are dimples from where the ball meets the playfield. Perfectly normal, *many* threads on Pinside discussing these. As the pin gets more play, these dimples will eventually even out and no longer be as noticeable.....

That is good to hear, thanks

#10275 5 years ago

I'm a huge fan of full playfield protectors. They almost eliminate the dimpling. I put one on my BM66 from day one and my playfield is near flawless. I highly recommend one for BM66 as the area near the Joker magnet takes a real beating. Not all people like them. But considering Stern's playfield quality of recent years and the cost of a new pin it helps me sleep better.

#10276 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'm a huge fan of full playfield protectors. They almost eliminate the dimpling. I put one on my BM66 from day one and my playfield is near flawless. I highly recommend one for BM66 as the area near the Joker magnet takes a real beating. Not all people like them. But considering Stern's playfield quality of recent years and the cost of a new pin it helps me sleep better.

Definitely for us too. We have a playfield protector on every machine we own. Playfield protector on every new machine before we plunge a ball! For us, definitely worth it.

#10277 5 years ago

Never had a playfield protector and never had a problem.

#10278 5 years ago

I'm wondering if a Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade kit is worth the money on BM66 Premium. Do any of you have advice on this? Also, I was amazed at the number of choices on their website for Spike 2 systems - so many choices!

#10279 5 years ago

I have someone wanting to see what the BM66 Premium topper looks like in action. Does anyone have a video of one in action?

#10280 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I have someone wanting to see what the BM66 Premium topper looks like in action. Does anyone have a video of one in action?

Sorry no vid to demo but saw one recently and it didn’t bring much interaction as advertised.
A shame really, the GOTG and AS animation
next to it blew it away by comparison.
It isn’t cheap, maybe code will change it but doubt it.

#10281 5 years ago

Hi guys been kicking the idea of getting a batman. I’m wondering what everybody thinks anyone have regrets now that the code is better. ? Does each shot feel different with the code? I think sw feels great cuz of the code. I’m a 66 fan for sure. I was thinking Houdini, dialed in or batman.
Thanks

#10282 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Sorry no vid to demo but saw one recently and it didn’t bring much interaction as advertised.
A shame really, the GOTG and AS animation
next to it blew it away by comparison.
It isn’t cheap, maybe code will change it but doubt it.

IMO I think the Premium topper was kinda of an after thought.

The SLE and LE topper is possibly the best looking topper in pinball, the design is well thoughtout and integrated into the whole the cabinet is the bat mobile approach and then the added bat signal projector, it’s all pretty cool.

Take the premium topper and it’s just recycled playfield/cabinet artwork on acrylic. Certainly makes the premium topper look like an easy cash grab, which is a shame on this title.

#10283 5 years ago

I'm considering upgrading the Batmobile that came on my BM 66 Premium. It is a boring flat black and grey and is riveted to the disc. I was thinking of doing the Mod Couple turntable mod anyway, so this would be a good time to upgrade the car.

Any suggestions on a better looking Batmobile that will fit? What is the best way to affix it to the disc, Gorilla tape?

Thanks for your suggestions.

#10284 5 years ago

Is Bookworm beatable?
If so how?

I want his powers but can’t even seem to finish his mode.

#10285 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi guys been kicking the idea of getting a batman. I’m wondering what everybody thinks anyone have regrets now that the code is better. ? Does each shot feel different with the code? I think sw feels great cuz of the code. I’m a 66 fan for sure. I was thinking Houdini, dialed in or batman.
Thanks

Back in the first 12 months of ownership I was regretting the purchase the code sucked!

Since Lyman has been getting time on the code over the last 12 months it has totally changed to one of my favourite pins in my collection.

BM66 has some great shots, the ramps are super fast and smooth, the orbits are tight and challenging but are fast as hell when hit perfectly, and the right orbit into the Batcave lock is great.

The turntable is mainly targets but the Joker magnet adds a nice bit of randomness to the play and the Batmobile spinner and shot through to the left orbit is awesome.

And then there is the crane one of the best toys in pinball, never gets old and hopefully will only get better and more varied as the code develops further.

#10286 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Is Bookworm beatable?
If so how?
I want his powers but can’t even seem to finish his mode.

Yes he’s bearable just requires “a lot” of shots.

#10287 5 years ago

Thank u j85. What don’t you guys like about it ?

#10288 5 years ago

The price

#10289 5 years ago

It can be a little clunky at times with the loops, the left especially. I will hit a good shot and it will end up going to a unused area behind the ramp then come back. So, sometimes the loops are smooth and sometimes not. I hate when it does that, but the game is getting really good with Lyman on the code.

#10290 5 years ago

I know for a fact that a SLE will soon be on location in Charleston, SC. What should a game be priced at?

#10291 5 years ago
Quoted from Normscoffee:

I know for a fact that a SLE will soon be on location in Charleston, SC. What should a game be priced at?

Gutsy. But I think they should sell it to me, buy a premium and pocket the difference. Will more than make up for whatever price they get per game.

#10292 5 years ago

Haha yeah not a cheap game. For sure.
Are the shots satisfing ? Thx again

#10293 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

The Stern BM66 premium topper ($399 one) is not interactive with game play. It doesn't come with any node boards and just hooks up to the 12 volt line. It comes on when the game is on and stays on until the game is off. So I think it's a bit overpriced for whT it does.

If you buy the Stern Bat signal projector for the premium (the $249 one) it comes with node boards so it will turn on and off during gameplay. Although its interactive it might look a little weird having it all by itself on top of the game. A benefit of the non-interactive boring topper is that you could hide the projector behind it.

I think Stern should offer a combo of the $399 topper and the $249 topper and sell that for $400. I think they would sell a bit more at that price than the $649 it currently costs to buy them both.

#10294 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm considering upgrading the Batmobile that came on my BM 66 Premium. It is a boring flat black and grey and is riveted to the disc. I was thinking of doing the Mod Couple turntable mod anyway, so this would be a good time to upgrade the car.
Any suggestions on a better looking Batmobile that will fit? What is the best way to affix it to the disc, Gorilla tape?
Thanks for your suggestions.

Take a look post from jfh. This batmobile he suggests has a metal bottom so you can predrill some pilot holes and screw it to the disc.

Quoted from jfh:

The Stern Batmobile is a flat dull black with bad Bat logos on the door. It has a plastic bottom stamped s06.
The one that is much nicer (glossy finish, metal bottom, better logos on the doors and proper black divider on the canopy) is stamped s07 on the bottom. It is the proper 1:64 scale to fit on the disc.

batmobile (resized).pngbatmobile (resized).png
#10295 5 years ago

Thanks doc for looking up the post.

Here is my Batmobile next to the Stern one:
IMG_3558 (resized).JPGIMG_3558 (resized).JPG

Much nicer looking and even more noticeable in person.

#10296 5 years ago

@txstargazer3...There are many Hot Wheels Batmobiles you can add. Different paint finishes, wheels etc. My Batmobile is similar to the one Doc posted with the glossy finish and mag wheels. My suggestion is to browse eBay and find the one you like the best. I purchased the Mod Couples disc upgrade and riveted mine. Then used blue loctite on the screws holding the disc to the spinner. Looks awesome and has been completely trouble free.
IMAG0687 (resized).jpgIMAG0687 (resized).jpg

#10297 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Stern BM66 premium topper ($399 one) is not interactive with game play. It doesn't come with any node boards and just hooks up to the 12 volt line. It comes on when the game is on and stays on until the game is off. So I think it's a bit overpriced for whT it does.
If you buy the Stern Bat signal projector for the premium (the $249 one) it comes with node boards so it will turn on and off during gameplay. Although its interactive it might look a little weird having it all by itself on top of the game. A benefit of the non-interactive boring topper is that you could hide the projector behind it.
I think Stern should offer a combo of the $399 topper and the $249 topper and sell that for $400. I think they would sell a bit more at that price than the $649 it currently costs to buy them both.

Thanks for the info guys, I've passed this info on. I was able to source a Premium topper video in action and as you have all said, it's not interactive. I thought it might have been, makes me really appreciate my LE topper now.

#10298 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks doc for looking up the post.
Here is my Batmobile next to the Stern one:

Much nicer looking and even more noticeable in person.

Looking awesome #jfh Why would Mattel let alone anyone even make a flat paint Batmobile with flames to begin with never understood that? Maybe going for a retro Dubs version Batmobile. lol Though the flame version Batmobile goes well with the flame orange hot plate! lol Should be noted so he's not looking for your exact car yours had a few custom paint touches done for correctness and style....

#10299 5 years ago

Thanks for the great suggestions everyone. I was able to find the exact Batmobile that jfh pictured in his post. It was just a few dollars on eBay. Now I will order the Mod Couple disc upgrade to complete the mod. Thanks again!

#10300 5 years ago

I managed to get this set super cheap off eBay which has Batgirls SDCC exclusive bike.

5DFEA029-19DC-4B23-90C0-316611498DB4 (resized).jpeg5DFEA029-19DC-4B23-90C0-316611498DB4 (resized).jpegA65B0F6E-DC8B-44FA-9B7C-4A88A3A7A3EC (resized).jpegA65B0F6E-DC8B-44FA-9B7C-4A88A3A7A3EC (resized).jpeg

Haven’t got around to mourning any of them yet; think the Batmobile will be a little too big for the spinner but going to look at a way of getting around that issue it’s the most detailed and accurate Batmobile I’ve seen plus it’s the same scale as all the other models.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/206?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.