IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 374.
#10201 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Also shooting for Batcave multiball and Bat turn mode. You can easily score 500M just playing one major villain to completion

Penguin 1, you can usually get 600m - 1b if you play your cards right.

RDs tip of the day for newbies - if you have a few things running at the same time, HOLD the lockbar button down for 2 seconds and the main screen changes to one of the other modes. Hold it again to swap to a different mode.

It’s much easier to see the shots you need to hit to complete a mode. If I’m running a multi ball, I’ll always change the screen to the minor villain so I know which shots to hit to complete before the timer runs out.

rd

#10202 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I am still just figuring out what to do besides just keep hitting the ball. At this point I been just trying to shoot targets that are flashing. My highest game to date is 280M. Any suggestions on how about going about playing? Also, when the gadget button lights up, I press it and nothing seems to happen. How and when is this used?

Only had this machine for about a month but I’m digging in constantly, here are my personal beginner tips so far:

Qualifiy Villain modes:
2 orbits for Riddler
2 rampshots for Catwoman
2 penguin hole shots for Penguin
3 Villain TV shots for Joker

After qualifying you can start the mode with the ringing Batphone shot at the rotisserie. If you want to raise the value of that shot keep hitting the Commissioner Gordon standup before answering the phone (hurry up, value keeps decreasing)

After starting a mode you have the opportunity to activate a multiplier for that mode by shooting the penguin hole followed by a left orbit shot before hitting any other mode shot.

All the modes have a different number of shots to complete (colored inserts, can also be a gadget target sometimes) before you can either cash in the Super Jackpot at the penguin hole or advance to the next level of the mode and advance the multiplier. The latter is always recommended because modes award way more points at higher levels!

Also very lucrative in my opinion is Bat Turn mode, qualified by turning the batmobile spinner 10 times and then shooting the bat cave. Basically a timed mode where every shot awards a base value.

Multiball locks are activated by hitting batcomputer and batanalyzer at the rotisserie, you can only lock balls while a villain mode is active!

Another thing to look out for are shot multipliers: Look for the Commissioner Gordon Standup target, it’s insert is blinking a certain amount of times. Thats the number of times you have to hit it before your next shot sets a multiplier for that shot for the rest of the ball.

Still digging into minor villains, you qualify them with the three TV standup targets on the right and activate with a solid left orbit shot to the mystery hole. Right now I find that Shame is always a good choice as it activates a two ball multiball immediately.

Just keep playing this awesome game, despite feeling overwhelmed in the beginning I now know why my games suck or rock most of the time
cheers

#10203 5 years ago

Speaking of code has anyone heard whispers of when the next code update will drop?

Hopefully we will hear something next week in Sterns next Union announcement.

#10204 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Hopefully we will hear something next week in Sterns next Union announcement.

George and Lyman are both attending the Pintastic show this weekend so maybe we will hear something then.

#10205 5 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

George and Lyman are both attending the Pintastic show this weekend so maybe we will hear something then.

Are you attending Doc? Are any other BM66 owners attending? Would be ace if a few owners can ask some more code related questions - Villain vision plans or if that’s been scrapped would be my big question, I would also like to know if the crane is going to get more varied and complex behaviours like it had in BDK.

#10206 5 years ago

I’m hoping for villain vision and more cool crane modes in this next update.

#10207 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m hoping for villain vision and more cool crane modes in this next update.

It would seem weird for this not to happen, as the crane in BDK had 3 or 4 different modes, which each had their own unique behaviour for the crane.

#10208 5 years ago

B66 has at least 4 crane-enabled modes; Penguin 1/1, Penguin 1/4, Penguin 2/1 and Villain Escape Multiball.

#10209 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

B66 has at least 4 crane-enabled modes; Penguin 1/1, Penguin 1/4, Penguin 2/1 and Villain Escape Multiball.

Is the crane behaviour/movement different in each mode? I haven’t played the last couple updates as my games not at home while I finish off renovations.

#10210 5 years ago

Haven’t found a Batman bug thread. So I’m posting this here.

Idk if this is a bug or not. Had a great game yesterday. And i noticed that i somehow froze the timer of the playfield multiplier for the rest of the ball. Anyone did notice that also?

A13C0DFC-40EC-4C9E-A8CE-740729AADE24 (resized).jpegA13C0DFC-40EC-4C9E-A8CE-740729AADE24 (resized).jpeg
#10211 5 years ago

You completed mr freeze, he locks in the multiplier.

I think I will try and forget the rules from now on.. just batting it around making combo’s gets better scoring lately v dedicated setting up and missing that final shot to cash in on a multipied multiball stack

#10212 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

You completed mr freeze, he locks in the multiplier.
I think I will try and forget the rules from now on.. just batting it around making combo’s gets better scoring lately v dedicated setting up and missing that final shot to cash in on a multipied multiball stack

For a game a lot of people say is clunky or has no flow, it’s funny just how much you can combo this game and get it flowing once you have the shots dialled in.

When I want flow it’s right orbit, right ramp, left ramp, right ramp, left ramp, right orbit is a great combination once you get it flowing, especially if you can repeat it, for combos add a shot through the bat turn spinner and shot to the VUK.

#10213 5 years ago

And bookworm would have locked your timers for the rest of the game.
Completing King Tut keeps progress in a mode
Completing mad hatter let's you replay them

But going as high as 5x playfield is a bit too much I think, maxing out at 3x would be better.
Because x5 & x2 = x10 on shots ALL the time when you have freeze completed.

#10214 5 years ago

I'd like to see more use of the 2 little red lite towers we all got the Mod replacement for,down by the flippers! They used to go off when you got a crane hit! Now,nothing!!! This is wasted,and could be used in other Modes as well!!IMHO

#10215 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I'd like to see more use of the 2 little red lite towers we all got the Mod replacement for,down by the flippers! They used to go off when you got a crane hit! Now,nothing!!! This is wasted,and could be used in other Modes as well!!IMHO

Since the last update they are used in Villain Escape multiball when registering hits. Why they were taken away from crane hits is a mystery to me.

#10216 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Red tower mod?

#10217 5 years ago

I think he means the slingshot flashers with the Bat beacon mod from Mezel.

#10218 5 years ago

I think he means the slingshot flashers with the Bat beacon mod from Mezel.

Ah if it’s from Mezel that will be why I haven’t seen it.

BM66 definitely needs more of a lightshow maybe a couple more flashers as it’s lacking flashers imo but I’m just not into these scoop light mods.

#10219 5 years ago

Just received my BM66 and have a couple of quick questions to those who've had one a while.

1) After a few plays, a couple of smallish some headed screws with small flat plastic washers seem to have come adrift from somewhere at the top, any ideas?

2) It seems that no matter whether I have qualified Riddler or Joker at the Batphone I seem to get Penguin? Am I selecting something, to switch between multiple qualified villains that I don't know about? Is it possible to qualify multiple villains and then select? Any clues appreciated.

3) Finally, I have a loud fan noise from the backbox intermittently. Admittedly we are having a once in a millennium mini heatwave in the UK but wondering where this fan is as I can't see it and whether anyone else has noticed a similarly loud noise?

Many thanks.

#10220 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Just received my BM66 and have a couple of quick questions to those who've had one a while.
1) After a few plays, a couple of smallish some headed screws with small flat plastic washers seem to have come adrift from somewhere at the top, any ideas?
2) It seems that no matter whether I have qualified Riddler or Joker at the Batphone I seem to get Penguin? Am I selecting something, to switch between multiple qualified villains that I don't know about? Is it possible to qualify multiple villains and then select? Any clues appreciated.
3) Finally, I have a loud fan noise from the backbox intermittently. Admittedly we are having a once in a millennium mini heatwave in the UK but wondering where this fan is as I can't see it and whether anyone else has noticed a similarly loud noise?
Many thanks.

Did you find an LE or pick up a Premium? Either way congrates on the purchase and welcome to the club.

1. Check the Batmobile spinner, that’s the usual suspect for small loose screws and washers.

2. If you shoot into the scoop you will always get Penguin if already qualified. Can you elaborate a little more.... because that’s normal behaviour if your shooting into the Penguin scoop.

3. Welcome to the world of Spike 2, the fans Stern provide are simply crap and not up to the task, it is locked in the backbox behind the metal shielding, you can replace these with a more powerful and quieter equivalent.

#10221 5 years ago
Quoted from DarthSinex:

Many thanks.

As Jon said Batmobile spinner for the screws but if yours is riveted on then my guess is they come from the plastic cover on the right ramp.
That's where mine tumbled down the playfield from.
Good idea is to go round it tightening everything up now and again. Be amazed how much works loose.
On the penguin mode make sure you don't hit the scoop before answering the batphone if you have another villain qualified. Penguin always overrides it if you drop in the scoop.
You can always let the batphone ring out then hit another villain shot.That will clear penguin and go for the batphone.

Great to see another Bm66 owner in the UK

#10222 5 years ago

As I'm originally from Congleton. That makes a real Batman 66 connection to that small Cheshire town! Thanks for the tips I'll check the spinner and the ramp cover. From the few hours I've played, seems like the music and theme are top notch. What's expected on further code updates? Are there some minor villains missing?

#10223 5 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the penguin crane to detect hits better? I slam that thing and it doesn't register hits sometimes.

#10224 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

Is there a way to adjust the penguin crane to detect hits better? I slam that thing and it doesn't register hits sometimes.

Might be a pinched or split wire leading from the metal pendulum housing at the end of the crane. I had the same issue. Found a split in the wire so I snipped it, peeled back the sheathing, twisted the copper together then taped it up. Crane hits register every time now. You may want to also loosen the cable tie at the base of the crane so that it doesn't pull on the wire as the crane moves.

In the service menu, you can move the crane to all positions. Whilst in 'Switch Test', use your finger to push the pendulum against the metal box housing it to check that it's registering. Good luck.

#10225 5 years ago

I just received my shaker motor kit (spike) from CoinTaker. Is there anything I should know before installing? I though I read something about another piece to be installed to adjust the shaker?
Thank you

#10226 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I just received my shaker motor kit (spike) from CoinTaker. Is there anything I should know before installing? I though I read something about another piece to be installed to adjust the shaker?
Thank you

It's an easy install. Just screw it in and plug it into the board. You can then enable it in the game adjustments to different levels (e.g. MAXIMAL USE)

#10227 5 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

It's an easy install. Just screw it in and plug it into the board. You can then enable it in the game adjustments to different levels (e.g. MAXIMAL USE)

Thank you cadmium. Stern put out a advisory in May for the shaker, Cabinet Node Capacitor. Do you know if this is something that is needed for the CoinTaker shaker? Has there been any commits about CoinTaker shaker (standard pinball) (for spike) causing damage to the pinball system, which would void the warranty?
Thank you

#10228 5 years ago

Darn it all to heck!

F5AC4A54-8101-4BC3-AF19-7D1819B63563 (resized).jpegF5AC4A54-8101-4BC3-AF19-7D1819B63563 (resized).jpeg
#10229 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Thank you cadmium. Stern put out a advisory in May for the shaker, Cabinet Node Capacitor. Do you know if this is something that is needed for the CoinTaker shaker? Has there been any commits about CoinTaker shaker (standard pinball) (for spike) causing damage to the pinball system, which would void the warranty?
Thank you

Without a doubt I would install all the Node board fixes as per the Stern service bulletins that have come out, better safe than sorry.

As for the shaker which shaker have you got? I know cointaker do a red tremor shaker that is insanely strong. I wouldn’t use one of them on any game especially a Stern using the delicate Spike 2 system, but that’s just my personal preferences not official.

#10230 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Darn it all to heck!

Oh crap! I hope this rectifies itself with a couple power cycles but I am sure you have already tried that?

Have you tried unplugging the board, clean the contacts and then plugging it back in?

Either way hope you get this sorted ASAp.

#10231 5 years ago

who else has had a node board failure? and what board was it?

#10232 5 years ago

I had this earlier in the week. My lower GI went out by the slingshots and flipper lanes. Turned out it was just a GI LED bulb that went bad.

7F69EA83-E889-4971-A202-851E1D8F3115 (resized).jpeg7F69EA83-E889-4971-A202-851E1D8F3115 (resized).jpegD48483BF-1AC6-4A7B-A39E-93BCF7AFEBF1 (resized).jpegD48483BF-1AC6-4A7B-A39E-93BCF7AFEBF1 (resized).jpeg
#10233 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Without a doubt I would install all the Node board fixes as per the Stern service bulletins that have come out, better safe than sorry.
As for the shaker which shaker have you got? I know cointaker do a red tremor shaker that is insanely strong. I wouldn’t use one of them on any game especially a Stern using the delicate Spike 2 system, but that’s just my personal preferences not official.

I assume it is a Standard, that is all they show online, there is no comment on the box about Red Tremor. Is Stern's Cabinet Node Capacitor Kit compatible with the CoinTaker shaker? If so, is there place to get it this Cabinet Node Capacitor Kit other than directly from Stern? CoinTaker does not do refunds, part of me feels maybe since I am such a novice to just sell the CoinTaker and get a OEM Stern shaker.

#10234 5 years ago

I know Marco Specialties has the node capacitor kits but they are currently out of stock. Cointaker will not refund your shaker? If you did not open the box they should take it back.

#10235 5 years ago

Just went to cointakers site to see what shakers they have to hopefully help out AdeptJR seems they no longer do the red tremor shakers, but it doesn’t really say what’s make their “standard” shaker motor is don’t think it’s a Stern OEM.

I know Marco Specialties has the node capacitor kits but they are currently out of stock. Cointaker will not refund your shaker? If you did not open the box they should take it back.

Straight off cointakers site:

Return Policy
ALL PINBALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO RETURNS ARE ACCEPTED.

#10236 5 years ago

Quoted from J85M:

Just went to cointakers site to see what shakers they have to hopefully help out adeptjr seems they no longer do the red tremor shakers, but it doesn’t really say what’s make their “standard” shaker motor is don’t think it’s a Stern OEM.

Return Policy

Thanks, I am just going to get the OEM, hopefully I can sale the CoinTaker for at least 75% of what I paid

#10237 5 years ago

Hoping we hear some news about code etc from Lyman and George @ Pintastic today.
Maybe docquest can pry some details out of them

#10238 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

who else has had a node board failure? and what board was it?

My node 10 failed. It’s the board in the guts of the turntable. A transistor broke off. It took a few weeks of back and forth between the distributor and Stern but they sent me a replacement board which was a bit of a trick to install.

#10239 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Return Policy

Wow! That's pretty shitty customer service IMO. Especially with all the new owners constantly coming into the hobby. You can't expect your customers to know everything. If my company had a zero return policy our sales would tank.

#10240 5 years ago

I think if you phone them up they will take care of you. I've always had great dealings with Mellisa.

#10241 5 years ago

So has there been any news regarding BM66 discussed at Pintastic yet?

#10242 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So has there been any news regarding BM66 discussed at Pintastic yet?

Not heard a peep.
Really wanted to watch Gomez’s talk but unsure if it was recorded or not.

#10243 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Oh crap! I hope this rectifies itself with a couple power cycles but I am sure you have already tried that?
Have you tried unplugging the board, clean the contacts and then plugging it back in?
Either way hope you get this sorted ASAp.

Thanks. Yes, I've tried cleaning all the contacts. My distributor has a spare node I can try out.

#10244 5 years ago

I have been playing the heck out of my BM66, it has been over a month since I got it. I did a basic cleaning of the play field with Novus 1 yesterday. The ball seems to be flying now.

What, if any (and how) diagnostic do I need to run?

Thanks

#10245 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I have been playing the heck out of my BM66, it has been over a month since I got it. I did a basic cleaning of the play field with Novus 1 yesterday. The ball seems to be flying now.
Thanks

You can run diagnostics through the service menu by using the buttons inside the coin door. I don't usually run any diagnostics unless I suspect a problem. However, it's a good idea to check all the switches. Its easy to miss a faulty switch during multiball conditions. Start the switch test and use a ball to test and simulate actual playing conditions. There's also a Tech tab that will tell you if you have any alerts or errors that need to be addressed. Your owners manual will help you navigate the service menu. It's easy. Also a good idea to check all connections under the playfield and make sure everything is seated properly.

#10246 5 years ago

You can run diagnostics through the service menu by using the buttons inside the coin door. I don't usually run any diagnostics unless I suspect a problem. However, it's a good idea to check all the switches. Its easy to miss a faulty switch during multiball conditions. Start the switch test and use a ball to test and simulate actual playing conditions. There's also a Tech tab that will tell you if you have any alerts or errors that need to be addressed. Your owners manual will help you navigate the service menu. It's easy.

Thank you

#10247 5 years ago

I ordered the MOD Couple sewer decal and the Premium speaker light kit for my BM66 Premium today. Their mods are exceptional!

#10248 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Thanks

As you PM'd me that you were newer to pinball just a few suggestions. Know that each time the machine starts up it does a full diagnostic check of the system for you automatically. You will know if there is an issue by some Bonging sounds. Simply open the door and it will outline what issues it found. Point is, you really don't have to perform or do diagnostic inspections unless you prefer redundancy. Kind of a "don't fix what ain't broke...." As for the playfield service. Good job and keep it up. THAT is the most important diagnostic service you can do and never to often! One note though, Novus even 1 is primarily a playfield Cleaner. Try adding a few coats of carnauba car wax to protect the playfield and FYI Then you will see how fast Batman is!!! Good luck and enjoy that awesome game.

#10249 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

I have been playing the heck out of my BM66, it has been over a month since I got it. I did a basic cleaning of the play field with Novus 1 yesterday

That’s not needed. Just get a bottle of Simple Green, spray the playfield and clean it. Concentrate on the ball trails on the ramps, and around the inlanes where trails build up.

Clean and dry the balls as well. Any signs of rust or pitting on the balls, buy some new ones.

Maybe use the Novus (or a better car cleaning product) once a year. Novus is an abrasive plastic cleaner. Pinball playfields are finished in auto clear. I use auto clear products. Makes sense to me ...

If you must, apply some wax. Again - I wax maybe once a year. I use a simple spray wax (again, a car product) Spray on - wipe off. Doesn’t build up on the surface.

No need to get carried away. I know some do - but it’s not required.

rd

#10250 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As you PM'd me that you were newer to pinball just a few suggestions. Know that each time the machine starts up it does a full diagnostic check of the system for you automatically. You will know if there is an issue by some Bonging sounds. Simply open the door and it will outline what issues it found. Point is, you really don't have to perform or do diagnostic inspections unless you prefer redundancy. Kind of a "don't fix what ain't broke...." As for the playfield service. Good job and keep it up. THAT is the most important diagnostic service you can do and never to often! One note though, Novus even 1 is primarily a playfield Cleaner. Try adding a few coats of carnauba car wax to protect the playfield and FYI Then you will see how fast Batman is!!! Good luck and enjoy that awesome game.

I just order Chemical Guys 3X for waxing. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.