IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 374.
#10101 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So what’s the trick to installing blades on a pin, did you do the “wet” install?

Go to my post #9764 on page 196 Sean. I show how I do it. I use Rapid Tac to make them easy to install.

#10102 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Had a productive night installing Art Blades on my Premium.

Are those official Stern LE inner artblades?

#10103 5 years ago

Didn't the original Stern blades have the same recycled major villain art that's on the machine? They must have changed the design.

#10104 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So what’s the trick to installing blades on a pin, did you do the “wet” install?

I just took the playfield completely out, lined up the decals and applied. This video helped, pretty much did exactly as shown:

#10105 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are those official Stern LE inner artblades?

Yes, bought them from my local distributor.

https://www.pinballpirate.com/parts-for-sale

#10106 5 years ago

The new code added season 3 minor villains episodes are awesome, much more Batgirl now, such a great game!

#10107 5 years ago

Card on my Prem, thx Johnnyu, need to install mine as well!

52524C1B-EF0C-483F-BEE3-45FE1D7E538B (resized).jpeg52524C1B-EF0C-483F-BEE3-45FE1D7E538B (resized).jpeg

#10108 5 years ago

So.... I always assumed this game sucked. I have never played it. It LOOKS awesome to me. Watching deadflip makes me want this badly. Can anyone tell me where this ranks among the better sterns of late? I know the top 100 may not be a realistic ranking as it got crapped on for a while unfairly.

#10109 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So.... I always assumed this game sucked. I have never played it. It LOOKS awesome to me. Watching deadflip makes me want this badly. Can anyone tell me where this ranks among the better sterns of late? I know the top 100 may not be a realistic ranking as it got crapped on for a while unfairly.

It is awesome. I'm not sure where it ranks but pretty high, now number 7 in the top 100 customized for the last 6 months, which means...nothing. I've been loving IMDN lately but time will tell what's better.

#10110 5 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Most people assume the game sucks. A large part of this was because of the Alpha code fiasco. Some was due to very tight shots on the orbits and stability issues with the left ramp, both of which can be mitigated.

This is one of the top games in my collection, at least in the top 3. It's pretty much the only game I've played in the last six months (except when I'm waiting for new code to load).

From a theme integration standpoint, it is the best game ever. From a game play standpoint in the last few years only Iron Maiden beats it (and that's a big maybe and only because of the IMDN shot layout)

#10111 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From a theme integration standpoint, it is the best game ever.

Hard to argue against this.

Quoted from jfh:

It's pretty much the only game I've played in the last six months

Pretty much the same for me.

#10112 5 years ago

Cool, I didn’t realise you could buy the SLE & LE art blades, with all these SLE decals, translites and the projectors and artblades now being readily available I’m glad I didn’t go with a SLE, if Stern want to do this kind of “boutique” run again they need to get their shit locked down!

#10113 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I didn’t realise you could buy the SLE & LE art blades, with all these SLE decals, translites and the projectors and artblades now being readily available I’m glad I didn’t go with a SLE

The art blades were a last minute surprise addition to the LE and they were announced early as being available from Stern for the other models, as was the projector so that's not a big deal to me. The LE/SLE decals and translites are not supposed to be orderable unless you can prove they are replacements for an actual LE/SLE game. I don't know if Stern has relaxed this in recent years, but there are always those that game the system.

The most significant difference between the LE/SLEs and the Premiums is the topper and I haven't heard of anyone being successful in ordering one of those as an add on.

It will be interesting to see if Stern tries the SLE idea again. I believe they devalued the concept when they changed production from 30 to 80 and think they will be hard pressed to come up with another title that could support one.

#10114 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A 3.5 billion on the bonus? Wow ...
10B for the game - too many digits for the match sequence!

Just watched this AM - amazing! Jack Danger's reaction is great too.

The game goes on for quite a while beforehand, but for those who wish to cut right to it, the mega bonus is collected at 1:41:ish into the stream.

#10115 5 years ago

Didn't watch the whole thing yet but was the limitless shame multiball a bug? (Referring to Jack's stream above)

#10116 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Didn't watch the whole thing yet but was the limitless shame multiball a bug? (Referring to Jack's stream above)

I have very limited rules experience but wasn’t that possible because he beat Mad Hatter minor villain mode just before and therefore enabling the possibility to replay all minor villain modes for the duration of the ball?

#10117 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

I have very limited rules experience but wasn’t that possible because he beat Mad Hatter minor villain mode just before and therefore enabling the possibility to replay all minor villain modes for the duration of the ball?

Yes, I believe that's correct. But he didn't seem to understand why he could continue to play that Shame mode over and over. He kept looking for the new Shame mode but never scrolled far enough right during minor villian select mode to select it.

#10118 5 years ago

Batman up to equal 35th on Pinside top 100. Been a good come back after the very average early code.

#10119 5 years ago

I played Season 3 shame for a LONG time and I apparently didn't beat it. Has anyone beat Shame-3 yet?

#10120 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

I played Season 3 shame for a LONG time and I apparently didn't beat it. Has anyone beat Shame-3 yet?

Once only.

#10121 5 years ago

did a stream a few days ago...

wearing the club shirt of course

#10122 5 years ago

So completing every minor has it's thing, can someone explain a little more where my question marks are

king tut: save minor villain mode (?)
king tut2: save minor villain mode progress (can be interesting to complete shames, bookworm and mad hatter!)
mad hatter: replay failed minor villain modes (level 2: replay any modes ?)
bookworm: minor villain awards last until end of game (+ should be easier to compete depending on how many other minors you have played/completed (?))
egghead 1 and 2: egghead points awarded in bonus (multiplied??)
mr freeze: freeze all game timers
shame 1 and 2: 1 ball to all multiballs - multiball extend (?)

Am I correct that completing a minor gives you the award for the rest of the ball but bookworm changes this to the rest of the game?

When do you get "replay any minor villain mode" from mad hatter?
Isn't egghead the less interesting one then to play (unless you need one to finish a season).. It sure is a fun one (music, animations)
Actually I didn't see egghead points being awarded in the bonus now.

And is shame 2 beatable now?

#10123 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

did a stream a few days ago...
wearing the club shirt of course

I see you have switched from crappy English beer to crappy American beer.

Thanks for doing these vids. As I play most of my games solo, it's nice to be able to watch someone play and see what's going on on the LCD and playfield. It's also nice to see someone that has normal ball times and not Jack Danger hour long ones ...

#10124 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I see you have switched from crappy English beer to crappy American beer.
Thanks for doing these vids. As I play most of my games solo, it's nice to be able to watch someone play and see what's going on on the LCD and playfield. It's also nice to see someone that has normal ball times and not Jack Danger hour long ones ...

Speaking of Jack Danger has anyone had chance to watch and workout how the hell he got a 3.5 mil bonus!?

#10125 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

More
Speaking of Jack Danger has anyone had chance to watch and workout how the hell he got a 3.5 mil bonus!?

All I could tell was that he just kept stacking multipliers like crazy. Plus that one ball that seemed to last forever. BM66 is a game where there are so many ways to stack multipliers.

#10126 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The key was getting 105x bonus multiplier. He made a boatload of combos to get that high.

#10127 5 years ago

Not sure if this is good or bad news but from this months Stern of Union post l:

Batman ’66 – We had another great code update released last week and are working towards our next release later this summer.

I dont know how long this update could be or what time scale later this summer is based on but maybe this is going to be a huge update, or maybe there is just a delay for other reasons?

#10128 5 years ago

Well its only been like 5 years since the last Ghostbusters update to add a endgame wizard mode so... Actually I just bought a B66 2 weeks ago because the Code has gotten so good and I LOVE IT!!!!

#10129 5 years ago

At this point, I say the next code update should be when the game is rules complete. There’s plenty to do in the current code.

I’d rather Lyman spend his time finishing the code, instead of trying to get us monthly releases.

#10130 5 years ago

I'm finally back in Bat-business after being down for a month waiting for a node 10 board replacement. Someone already noted this but it bears repeating: ALWAYS MAKE SURE THE DIP SWITCHES ARE SET CORRECTLY BEFORE INSTALLING A BOARD STERN SENDS YOU! Especially a board like the one in the turntable that is a frickin' nightmare to install. It would be so easy for Stern to set them correctly before sending them out and would save their customers hours of frustration.

#10131 5 years ago

Glad you are back in Bat-Business!

Hopefully the installation of the Node 10 board didn't cost you too many dollars in the swear jar. The new v0.92 code continues to improve the game though!

And Stern did the same thing to me.. Sent me a new Node Board and didn't preset the DIP Switches. Caused all sort of headaches plus a very frustrated call to Tech Support.

#10132 5 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

Glad you are back in Bat-Business!
Hopefully the installation of the Node 10 board didn't cost you too many dollars in the swear jar. The new v0.92 code continues to improve the game though!
And Stern did the same thing to me.. Sent me a new Node Board and didn't preset the DIP Switches. Caused all sort of headaches plus a very frustrated call to Tech Support.

I don't think I could have managed this by myself without your earlier comments in this thread about your experience. Thank you! Stern provided absolutely no guidance. A thumb drive with v0.92 is burning a hole in my pocket. I can't wait to get home and install it.

#10133 5 years ago

Folks,
I was lucky enough to spend some time talking to Joe Kaminkow about Ka-pow! his career and history and got a fantastic insight to his world. Join me on DOMINO Pinball tomorrow at 21:00UK 16:00Eastern on Twitch where Joe talks about some fantastic pinball history and gives some indication of what we can expect from Ka-pow! in the future.

twitch.tv/NeilMcRae

Look forward to seeing you there...

Cheers,
Neil.

#10134 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Folks,
I was lucky enough to spend some time talking to Joe Kaminkow about Ka-pow! his career and history and got a fantastic insight to his world. Join me on DOMINO Pinball tomorrow at 21:00UK 16:00Eastern on Twitch where Joe talks about some fantastic pinball history and gives some indication of what we can expect from Ka-pow! in the future.
twitch.tv/NeilMcRae
Look forward to seeing you there...
Cheers,
Neil.

Will it be recorded so we can watch it later?

Ask him about this promotion that had when Batman was shown at expo. They said "YOUR GAME CAN CALL OR TEXT YOU !" and "The first time a pinball machine can make a phone call". Was that just marketing BS to pull attention away from "Dialed in" or were/are they actually planning on having the game do this at some point?
kamikow promotion2 (resized).JPGkamikow promotion2 (resized).JPG

Did someone actually win the promotion for a custom Adam West phone call? Are they still planning to integrate the customized name callouts for all the SLE buyers?
kamikow promotion (resized).JPGkamikow promotion (resized).JPG

Ask him about his Batmobile, is it one of the 5 original Barris cars or a replica?

#10135 5 years ago

I've had the interview already sorry! And yes the interview will be available afterwards.

#10136 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

To summarize - left loop fixes:
1. Move the black light cable from the left side of the ramp to under the top part of the ramp (cut the cable tie).
2. Move the blue nub to inside the left side of the left ramp - file down the screw holes a bit.
3. Slightly bend the left side of the left ramp inwards to the right.

Just wanted to quote this post for new owners like myself. Just relocated the cable and did the slight bending yesterday and it improved my left loop instantly! Had a 1,2 billion game, much less rattling and easier to hit!
it‘s such an awesome game, the theme integration is stellar!

#10137 5 years ago

And blue rubber on inside of ramp helps

#10138 5 years ago
Quoted from poibug:

And blue rubber on inside of ramp helps

Yup. This is a must do along with the cable relocation.

#10139 5 years ago

Im trying to boost up my phone hurry up to max it out via the gordon target and multipliers.

Now I got it up pretty high, 39 base value, and counting down , and the phone target at 2x. I thought lets give it one more jump, and as I am lining up the shot, it times out!?

Is this supposed to happen, I was under the assumption I had at least 39 million’s worth of counting down at my disposal?

Thanks anyone if they can share how this happens

#10140 5 years ago

Am I right that some minor villains (like Bookworm) can't be locked up (put behind bars)? I find that rather unsatisfying, no matter how many points I rack up in the mode.

#10141 5 years ago

I have completed bookworm before but it takes a lot of shots!

#10142 5 years ago

My NIB Batman Premium is currently on the way from Stern. Any common problems I need to keep an eye out for or are most of the major issues hammered out now?

#10143 5 years ago

Bookworm is a punk, but doable; I think I've done it once.

I'm still not convinced that Shame 3 can be done. It acts like you do it, but never slammers him or lights the season 3 lamp.

#10144 5 years ago
Quoted from drewski28:

My NIB Batman Premium is currently on the way from Stern. Any common problems I need to keep an eye out for or are most of the major issues hammered out now?

Remove the balls and raise the playfield. Double check the wiring harness for the turntable, make sure it and/or the protective sheath around it is not caught up in the turntable mechanism. Also verify that the main wiring harness does not get caught on the turntable mechanism as well.

Be sure to do this before turning on the machine. This is a factory assembly / quality control type issue as mine came that way from the factory, and can do some serious damage that is a pain in the butt to fix.

#10145 5 years ago

I tried shame season 3 a lot of times but it seems broken..

#10146 5 years ago

Does anybody have a spare of the 27x40 Batman66 poster that Franchi was selling about a year ago?? I would love to get one, and I've messaged Franchi on FB about getting one, and he hasn't responded.......

#10147 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Bookworm is a punk, but doable; I think I've done it once.
I'm still not convinced that Shame 3 can be done. It acts like you do it, but never slammers him or lights the season 3 lamp.

Both times I've finished Bookworm I had already completed Mr Freeze so the timer wasn't an issue.

Season 3 Shame can be done, it just takes A LOT of shots..

image1a (resized).jpgimage1a (resized).jpg
#10148 5 years ago

Ok thank you for the update... guess that completing king tut (keep progress), mad hatter (replay minors), mr freeze (frozen times).. is sometimes needed then

#10149 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Does anybody have a spare of the 27x40 Batman66 poster that Franchi was selling about a year ago?? I would love to get one, and I've messaged Franchi on FB about getting one, and he hasn't responded.......

PM me. I'm not sure which one you are looking for. I did a few different Batman prints.

#10150 5 years ago
Quoted from Metaluna5:

PM me. I'm not sure which one you are looking for. I did a few different Batman prints.

Cool!! PM sent.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/203?hl=metaluna5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.