IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 374.
#10051 5 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I don’t yet own a BM66 but have had a wanted ad for an LE for 6 months and have not been able to find one yet.

You may want to consider a Premium - game play is identical. There are a number of folks looking for an LE and there have been very few offered for sale in the last 12 months as we have seen where Lyman is going with the code. With about 140 domestically and 100 overseas this is one of Stern's truly limited editions. It seems easier to buy an SLE than an LE at this point. Most of the LE buyers are Batman 66 super fans - this wasn't a "buy an LE and flip it" title. This was reinforced by the absolutely bare bones code at release that scared many away.

A Premium NIB is a pretty safe bet and gets you into the game while you continue the search for an LE.

#10052 5 years ago

New code: HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!

#10053 5 years ago

** deleted post. Late to the party ...

#10054 5 years ago

- Added some GI lighting effect for Villain Escape:
SW_HITS = normal.
SHOTS = dark.
SUPER_JACKPOT = darker.

Sounds interesting, Lyman is adding some crazy attention to detail on this game, I just want to see some more/varied crane behaviour now!

#10055 5 years ago

*** Deteted duplicate release notes ***

Missed the post from a few minutes ago.

#10056 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

May's Stern of the Union said there was going to be a code update this month. Going to be cutting it close if true.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow!

It was already released earlier today.

#10057 5 years ago

SWEET!!! Cant wait to load up the new code.

#10058 5 years ago

Look like a lot of clean up and polish in .92 in addition to the two new modes.

And only a .02 increment. Can only imagine what the next .08+ will bring. This game is/will be nothing short of epic and will absolutely be fitting for the 30th anniversary title for Stern.

Hadn't noticed these before, but there are three new YouTube videos under Documentation showing objectives for how to start Bat Turn, capture a Villian and how to start Villian multiball. Nice touch.

#10059 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hadn't noticed these before, but there are three new YouTube videos under Documentation showing objectives for how to start Bat Turn, capture a Villian and how to start Villian multiball. Nice touch.

I also saw those. They have them for other games as well not just Batman66.

#10060 5 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Look like a lot of clean up and polish in .92 in addition to the two new modes.
And only a .02 increment. Can only imagine what the next .08+ will bring.

I was just about to post exactly the same thing, a lot of polish and content - new modes, /episodes, new video clips and audio for joker, mode enhancements to Catwoman, joker, penguin and all in another .02 increment.

Just hoping for some more Villain Vision and more than anything more crane action with some of the varied crane behaviour seen in BDK, which could be used to make the different episodes play differently and add some unique gameplay to each penguin episode as well as the MB involving the crane.

#10061 5 years ago

What an incredible detail that most people would never notice:

"Added episode-specific video clips for the villains in attract mode. The clips that are displayed are selected from the episodes that were played during the previous game."

#10062 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just hoping for some more Villain Vision and more than anything more crane action with some of the varied crane behaviour seen in BDK.

Would love to see both, but suspect it's more likely we see more crane behavior than the original description of what Villian Vision might be. It just seems it would take an incredible amount of work to add taunting clips to the mini TV (and the management of having the TV being deployed in the proper position).

However with the attention to detail Lyman is clearly injecting into the game we can't rule anything out

#10063 5 years ago

I think Stern must have seen Rotordave's High Score and said!! NOPE!!

#10064 5 years ago

where are the you tube videos?

#10065 5 years ago

***Just wanted to give a heads up if you have not checked any of your screws on the top side of the revolving Batcave, do so,,,,every one of mine were in need of tightening including the plastics. Do yourself a favor and give all of them including the two under the car a twist***

….oh BTW,,,,new code rocks, 2,684,xxx,xxx first game

#10066 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

***Just wanted to give a heads up if you have not checked any of your screws on the top side of the revolving Batcave, do so,,,,every one of mine were in need of tightening including the plastics. Do yourself a favor and give all of them including the two under the car a twist***
….oh BTW,,,,new code rocks, 2,684,xxx,xxx first game

Just last night I had to do this! My batmobile came flying off during a game! Easy fix tightening everything up-

#10067 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I think Stern must have seen Rotordave's High Score and said!! NOPE!!

I was thinking ... f**k me, I spent 2 months getting this score, and they release new code a few hours later?

Wtf guys!

Well, at least I got the picture.

rd

#10068 5 years ago

New villian rewards are great. Penguin phase 3 has the magnet in use. Shame reward is killer. Videos are much smoother.

#10069 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Just last night I had to do this! My batmobile came flying off during a game! Easy fix tightening everything up-

You guys don't have the Batmobiles riveted to the discs? Stern has been doing that for a while. You can get a riveted Batmobile from Stern. Also blue loctite on the disc screws will solve that permanently.

#10070 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

So, just go buy some cheap corner brackets at Home Depot, and install on each corner inside the cabinet?

Not recommended. Do it right, once.

#10071 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I was thinking ... f**k me, I spent 2 months getting this score, and they release new code a few hours later?
Wtf guys!
rd

it cost me dearly to get the timing just like that LOL

#10072 5 years ago

you know pinside gets a lot of bad press but then you read this group and wonder what all the fuss is about, everything from sharing news, to waiting for code; working with mod companies, helping each other fix problems, and even shipping batman Hawaiian shirts half way around the world!

I'm going to stream the new batman 66 code this weekend, will get the time shortly.

#10073 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm going to stream the new batman 66 code this weekend, will get the time shortly

Awesooome, looking forward to this! I‘m a brand new owner and just had my first wow-moment game yesterday but my synapses get overloaded constantly by this game

#10074 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wtf guys!
rd

Dude that sucks and I feel for you RD, however these two seem to think it’s funny
F00C8213-066D-4CA9-AE85-48B79E89C9F3.gifF00C8213-066D-4CA9-AE85-48B79E89C9F3.gif

#10075 5 years ago

Anyone notice any issues with their gadget button with the new code?

I earned a gadget with the skill shot but it wasn't blinking yellow after I earned it. Also tried to change screens during a minor villain mode and the button didnt seem to be working. After the game ended and went into attract mode it was blinking so the connection and LED are good. Only had time to play one game after updating this morning but will debug more tonight.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10076 5 years ago

Had not noticed that error, but did notice that the coin drop numbers on the bottom left of the screen still are there in Free Play.

#10077 5 years ago

I'm starting to think the magnet not (usually) grabbing the ball when answering the batphone is either a programming choice or oversight (leaning towards choice being Lyman). This new code seems to have made the magnet much more active, especially deep in Penguin modes. Seeing what that magnet is capable of there, and also seeing the "reach" of the magnets in many other games capable of grabbing and stopping a ball (thinking specifically Wolverine where I've seen it grab a ball inches away), it seems like this magnet should be more than capable of grabbing the ball more consistently. I'm not expecting 100% because of speed and angles, but I've seen it throw it around in some pretty crazy ways now, so stopping it really shouldn't be that difficult. I've seen some slow moving, perfectly aligned balls not even try to stop, while I've also (rarely) seen fast moving, off angle balls snap to a stop. I am hoping Lyman is able to tweak that a bit in the future. There's nothing worse than draining directly after answering the phone when the ball should have been stopped.

Great update though...I love the new modes (though in my perfect world I wish they could use new minor villains instead of reusing the same ones), and the new clips, light effects, and other tweaks are awesome! Such a great game, and it just keeps getting better and better.

#10078 5 years ago

Hey all, I’m having trouble updating the 0.92 code. I called Stern and they are sending me a new SD card. Next step is a new board if the update doesn’t work after the card change out.

Here’s what I’ve done so far. Symptom of the problem is that the machine is ignoring the flash drive. It boots up normally even with the flash drive plugged in.

I’ve tried both slots...
I’ve reformatted and reloaded the drive twice...
I’ve re-downloaded the update twice...
I’ve verified that the drive is formatted correctly, FAT32...

I’m going to get another USB drive tomorrow and see if that works.

I’d appreciate any other suggestions.

#10079 5 years ago

USB drive I'd bet, the stern boot loader for them seems very selective. I'm using a Sandisk

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Ultra-Flair-Flash-Drive/dp/B015CH1NAQ/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1527784090&sr=8-8&keywords=sandisk+usb

and that works with Stern, ColorDMD, JJP and Spooky (for TNA).

Cheers,
Neil.

#10080 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Had not noticed that error, but did notice that the coin drop numbers on the bottom left of the screen still are there in Free Play.

There's a setting near the end of feature adjustment menu to turn this off.

#209 Credit Pricing w/ Free Play

#10081 5 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

Seriously??? Wow, will have to check on that when I get home, funny how it wasn't turned on by in previous releases.....

The one thing I miss compared to older Sterns is that in the manual every setting in the menus was documented. While I know this is hard to do in Stern's present "build first code later" mentality, they could at least put a reference list of settings online........

#10082 5 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

Hey all, I’m having trouble updating the 0.92 code. I called Stern and they are sending me a new SD card. Next step is a new board if the update doesn’t work after the card change out.
Here’s what I’ve done so far. Symptom of the problem is that the machine is ignoring the flash drive. It boots up normally even with the flash drive plugged in.
I’ve tried both slots...

As Neil suggested I think it's the USB drive also. I used the same one on a KISS and never had an issue. Then one day the machine just wouldn't read it. Spent a little extra cash and bought a larger, faster drive and never had another problem. Let us know what happens.

#10083 5 years ago

My update kept timing out yesterday over and over again until I tried a different flash drive. The second drive gave me no trouble at all.

#10084 5 years ago

I’m getting a lot of extra villain high scores

Like say , Shame 59/60, catwoman 29/30 etc, and then a normal one of each too.

Is this a setting?

#10085 5 years ago

Make sure the zip drive is big enough...that code is huge. I have had issues if the download stops and start again where it left off. Also, after you unzip move the complete file one at a time to the zip drive, there are now 2 files instead of 3 as in the past. Good luck

#10086 5 years ago

I successfully loaded the new 0.92 code today - it looks great. I set it to free play, put in a custom message and cannot find where to set the difficulty level. Can anyone help? Thanks!

#10087 5 years ago

Exactly the same as Neil is using and have had zero issues with it.

#10088 5 years ago

The .92 image is significantly smaller than .90 (by over a gig).

I'm guessing AV assets that Lyman doesn't plan have been deleted. Anyone fired up PB and figured out what's missing?

#10089 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Seriously??? Wow, will have to check on that when I get home, funny how it wasn't turned on by in previous releases.....
The one thing I miss compared to older Sterns is that in the manual every setting in the menus was documented. While I know this is hard to do in Stern's present "build first code later" mentality, they could at least put a reference list of settings online........

Pretty sure it's a new setting in 0.92. Not sure why anyone would need to display pricing while on Free Play, but it's an option.

One day I'm going to sit down and create a list of all the adjustments, but sure wish there was an online list.

#10090 5 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

#209 Credit Pricing w/ Free Play

Thanks very much for posting this! I have changed the setting straight away.

#10091 5 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I’ve tried both slots...

Have you checked the USB drive size? We use 16GB Min now Fat32 Formatted.
Check you can see the software (unzipped) on the USB from your computer before you put the USB stick in the machine. There should be 2 files
The pinball machine will not recognise a zipped file.
Turn machine off, insert USB and then turn machine on. If the machine is on it will not recognise the USB stick. When code is loaded, turn machine off, remove stick and then turn back on and wait.
Silly thing, make sure the USB stick is pushed all the way in
We have had issues loading code in to BM66. Patience!

#10092 5 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I’m getting a lot of extra villain high scores
Like say , Shame 59/60, catwoman 29/30 etc, and then a normal one of each too.
Is this a setting?

No, it's a highscore per minor villain mode (some 2 of each like shame, king tut, ...), and then a high score per major villain mode (2 of each)
If set my default high scores for the minors to 25M than did a high score reset. I doubt king tuts will go higher than 100M.

#10093 5 years ago

Got about 10 games in on new code tonight.....this machine continues to get better and better!!!!

#10094 5 years ago

Today's Dead Flip stream of 0.92 code:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/267911156

#10095 5 years ago

I'm not sure I like the "x shots to defeat Villian" prompts - what does everyone think?

#10096 5 years ago

The new USB drive seems to have fixed the problem... thanks for the suggestions

#10097 5 years ago

A 3.5 billion on the bonus? Wow ...
10B for the game - too many digits for the match sequence!

#10098 5 years ago

Had a productive night installing Art Blades on my Premium.

2BB66307-2DF6-4E40-8006-00D814D42D44 (resized).jpeg2BB66307-2DF6-4E40-8006-00D814D42D44 (resized).jpeg765B1078-6F83-4BA8-833D-3CB111DF6A43 (resized).jpeg765B1078-6F83-4BA8-833D-3CB111DF6A43 (resized).jpegBC20F7DE-AC16-45E3-8A76-7E37D9D73498 (resized).jpegBC20F7DE-AC16-45E3-8A76-7E37D9D73498 (resized).jpeg
#10099 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Had a productive night installing Art Blades on my Premium.

So what’s the trick to installing blades on a pin, did you do the “wet” install?

#10100 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So what’s the trick to installing blades on a pin, did you do the “wet” install?

It depends on the material they are made of for me. If its real soft stretchable vinyl wet works best for me. If its real stiff vinyl like Stern ones or Tilt Graphics you can do those by taping them into place with the backs on, then starting at the front slowly peel away the backs, putting them into place slowly while holding the back firmly in place blue painters tape. Wet also works for the stiff blades, however I would not do the softer stretchable ones without doing them wet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/202?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.