IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 374.
#9951 5 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Marco is still waiting for Chaz at Stern to get back to them about the board (since Monday) but they gave me the go ahead to remove the old one. What a nightmare! The screws were easy but getting those 8 connectors disconnected was a chore. And even when the board was free of the connectors and screws it took forever to free it from those bundles of wires. I had to snip quite a few zip ties taking notes and pics so I remember where to redo them. By the time I got the board out the D9 had fallen off completely.
jefejet , how did you go about installing the new board? Did you screw it in first and then connect it? I have serious doubts about being able to get a new board back in there in one piece, especially if that transistor can be knocked loose so easily. With the playfield resting against the back box, I have the turntable oriented so the board is facing up and I’m coming at it from the right side. Is that the correct approach? Thanks again for any tips.

When I got the new board back from Stern, D9 was soldered in at about a 75 degree angle and it felt pretty secure. (I've attached a pic of the new node 10 board in my machine)

To install, I took out that plastic piece that is on the left side of the board so I could use my left hand fingers or a tool to help guide the connectors in place. My advice would be to connect CN12 first, then screw the board in and work your way left to right installing the ethernet cables and the other connectors. I ended up installing CN12 last and being that it is at the back of the board made it really difficult with everything else already locked down.

Take your time and it can be done. Trust me, my frustration level peaked a few times when getting everything back in.

As I said in my earlier post, make SURE the DIP switches are set correctly before you install.. #2 is ON, the rest are off. Stern sent me the board with all the switches off and I didn't check them.. That little mistake cost me another 30 minutes of agony and a phone call to a Stern tech.

IMG_7725 (resized).jpgIMG_7725 (resized).jpg

#9952 5 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

I don't think this is correct unless there are 2 SD cards on the board (not home so I can't check).
When I was at TPF last year, George Gomez gave me (and a few other people) a micro SD with the latest code update on it which I installed when I got home, it wasn't specific to my game.

Here's a picture of my machine which shows a microSD card that says 30-1999.

IMG_8232 (resized).JPGIMG_8232 (resized).JPG

#9953 5 years ago

I’ve finally seen batusi multiball... how long has that update been out? This is such a great game!

#9954 5 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I’ve finally seen batusi multiball... how long has that update been out? This is such a great game!

0.87.0 - Jan. 30, 2018

#9955 5 years ago

so one of my buddys completed all he villains and then got to villain escape multi-ball? how do you get to batusi?

#9956 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so one of my buddys completed all he villains and then got to villain escape multi-ball? how do you get to batusi?

You need to complete a minor villain for each of the 3 seasons.

#9958 5 years ago

Been a month since the last update. Hopefully next one is any day.

#9959 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Been a month since the last update. Hopefully next one is any day.

Don't make me graph it for you...

#9960 5 years ago

This episode needs to make it into machine:

100925CB-5609-4957-BEB9-7BC4201B8C86 (resized).jpeg100925CB-5609-4957-BEB9-7BC4201B8C86 (resized).jpeg

#9961 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't make me graph it for you...

Hahahahahaha

I say graph away. LOL

#9962 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

This would be totally cool!!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#9963 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Quoted from 82Trooper:

I agree; I would love to see that! It was one of my favorite episodes.

Of course, this would lead to an interesting supposition; would Stern then "spinoff" a Green Hornet pin?

#9964 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Quoted from 82Trooper:

Quoted from Scotty_K:

I agree; I would love to see that! It was one of my favorite episodes.

Totally agree I’d love to see some of the celebrity based episodes/wall climb moments!

Maybe a midnight madness or Lyman’s Lament mode could provide a place to incorporate these?

#9965 5 years ago

Yes I'm guessing an update should be coming soon.

#9966 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

so one of my buddys completed all he villains and then got to villain escape multi-ball

I gotta tell the story.

So yesterday I fully completed all 4 villains (to the last SJP) and lit Villain Escape at the batcave. Had about 2b and thought “sweet, here comes big points!”
... went for the left orbit which I hadn’t missed all game, hit the blue nub of death and lost the ball. Game over. DENIED.

And then two games later ... I had 2.5b points. Had Villian Eacape lit at the bat cave. AND DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING AGAIN!

I genuinely LOLd. Whaaaat ya gonna doooo ....

rd

#9967 5 years ago

Can you imagine me having the same with last man standing on walking dead... 2 balls left to start it but failed at it...

But no worries... villain escape isn't worth much at this point regarding scoring...

#9968 5 years ago

All,

For the most recent owners, are you seeing brackets installed to protect the cabinet from splitting from Stern for B66?

Tim

#9969 5 years ago
Quoted from Sidekick74:

All,
For the most recent owners, are you seeing brackets installed to protect the cabinet from splitting from Stern for B66?
Tim

No. Mine is dated Feb 2018. First thing I did was put two 20 cent metal brackets on the upper-front corners of the cab. There’s a convenient spot right on top of the grounding braid in each corner.

#9970 5 years ago

15 celebrity cameo appearances...including the Green Hornet and Kato....adding this would be incredible.....

https://www.thoughtco.com/celebrity-window-cameos-from-the-1960s-batman-tv-series-327077

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#9971 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I gotta tell the story.
So yesterday I fully completed all 4 villains (to the last SJP) and lit Villain Escape at the batcave. Had about 2b and thought “sweet, here comes big points!”
... went for the left orbit which I hadn’t missed all game, hit the blue nub of death and lost the ball. Game over. DENIED.
And then two games later ... I had 2.5b points. Had Villian Eacape lit at the bat cave. AND DID EXACTLY THE SAME THING AGAIN!
I genuinely LOLd. Whaaaat ya gonna doooo ....
rd

I have this all the time also, only sooner , at 2.5 mil...)

#9972 5 years ago

Made this today. Gonna clean it up and powdercoat it. I seen alot of people seemed they wanted one for a topper

20180517_153952 (resized).jpg20180517_153952 (resized).jpg

20180517_153948 (resized).jpg20180517_153948 (resized).jpg

#9973 5 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Can you imagine me having the same with last man standing on walking dead... 2 balls left to start it but failed at it...
But no worries... villain escape isn't worth much at this point regarding scoring...

Villain escape is fun and a cool video clip.

But, NOTHING compares to the agony of missing Last Man Standing and TWD.

The first time i got to 114 kills and bricked the next shot!

Since then I've gotten LMS several times, and completed it a few times, pure awesomeness and huge points. Terminus and Siege mini wizards are great too.

#9974 5 years ago

Joining the club. Anyone else have a premium on order? I was told they were doing a run this month. I have a felling that they will be probably be bump because of all the IMs they are pumping out.

#9975 5 years ago
Quoted from drummerboy71:

Hi, can you explain what guidance of Stern you got to reach node 10. It seems I have to do the same....... Thanks

After Some mails with Stern, still no solution for my strange behaviour when locking 2 balls and draining then the third......

My distributor was following the case closeby. Now he offered to pick up Batman so he wil take care of follow up by himself. As compensation he brougt a Star Wars premium, so I can still play! Hands up for this great distributor Carl from Belgium!!!

#9976 5 years ago

After Some mails with Stern, still no solution for my strange behaviour when locking 2 balls and draining then the third......
My distributor was following the case closeby. Now he offered to pick up Batman so he wil take care of follow up by himself. As compensation he brougt a Star Wars premium, so I can still play! Hands up for this great distributor Carl from Belgium!!!

Now that’s customer service.

#9977 5 years ago

That is great service from your distro.

#9978 5 years ago

^^^^ plus 1 to comments above. That’s why you have a distributor and that’s how they justify their margin.

#9979 5 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

No. Mine is dated Feb 2018. First thing I did was put two 20 cent metal brackets on the upper-front corners of the cab. There’s a convenient spot right on top of the grounding braid in each corner.

My BM 66 is scheduled for delivery by end of this week. I am new to pinball ownership, what are the brackets for?

#9980 5 years ago

^^^ to help keep the corner from splitting open

#9981 5 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

^^^ to help keep the corner from splitting open

So, just go buy some cheap corner brackets at Home Depot, and install on each corner inside the cabinet?

#9982 5 years ago

Question, adding Mods with lights and such, is it easy for a newbie to install? As I am waiting on my BM66 Premium, any recommendation for MOD add-on’s? Anything I need to know when first opening and setting it up?
Thank you advance for your help and advice,
Jeff

#9983 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Question, adding Mods with lights and such, is it easy for a newbie to install? As I am waiting on my BM66 Premium, any recommendation for MOD add-on’s? Anything I need to know when first opening and setting it up?
Jeff

Mods are pretty easy and designed to be mostly plug n play. Yelobird of the mod couple has a couple great mods.the atomic pile, and speaker lights are top notch. I also really like the crane mod on mezel which is super easy. Art blades are great but read up first they can be tricky. Pinstadiums are very easy as well.

#9984 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

So, just go buy some cheap corner brackets at Home Depot, and install on each corner inside the cabinet?

Yep!

#9985 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Question, adding Mods with lights and such, is it easy for a newbie to install? As I am waiting on my BM66 Premium, any recommendation for MOD add-on’s?

The advice I would give to a newbie (welcome by the way. I see you have a Jokerz which is a cool Sys11 pin...) is:

- play the game. Enjoy it first how it comes out of the box. Dial it in. Make sure everything is 100%. Learn the rules. BM66 has lots of rules and things to do - explore the game and smash some high scores!

- if you insist on adding mods, leave it for a few months before doing it. You might not like the game, if so you can sell it and get your money back.

- the advantage of adding new stuff “not straight away” is it keeps the game fresh. So, play it as it comes ... add a mod in a few months ... maybe another one down the track ... keeps the machine fresh, especially in a small collection.

If you go “all in” straight away - where do you go from there?

Remember - generally mods don’t add much value to a game when you sell it. So if you do sell it down the track, be mindful that every $1 you spend on mods will likely be gone when you sell.

My 2c

rd

#9986 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Read this thread. It will tell you everything you need to know to do it the right way. Welcome to the club!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

#9987 5 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Read this thread. It will tell you everything you need to know to do it the right way. Welcome to the club!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

Thanks for linking the thread. A very useful and important mod.

#9988 5 years ago

Thank you, very useful. Plus I was way off track, I was thinking of something else.

#9989 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Question, adding Mods with lights and such, is it easy for a newbie to install?

Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Yelobird of the mod couple has a couple great mods.the atomic pile, and speaker lights are top notch

Yelo’s Atomic Pile is pretty easy. The lit ring SLE speaker kit would be a little more tricky and time consuming for a newb, but the instructions are good. Both well worth it. Probably the best 2 mods.

Mk6’s loooooong awaited left ramp replacement will be the 3rd must have mod. Hint hint MK6PIN . Anyone Anyone?

218903F5-5BF6-4248-A493-DF5CCD767FE1 (resized).jpeg218903F5-5BF6-4248-A493-DF5CCD767FE1 (resized).jpeg

#9990 5 years ago

"where's the code?"

#9991 5 years ago

This may be a stupid question, is there a difference in the actual game between the 3 different models or is it basically only cosmetic?

#9992 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Mk6’s loooooong awaited left ramp replacement will be the 3rd must have mod. Hint hint mk6pin

I've pretty much given up on this mod. MK6Pin's tremendous time and effort seems to be all for nothing. The guy who's supposed to make them just keeps jerking everyone around with a timeline. I don't like that one bit...especially in this hobby!! When was the last time he responded to the Wireform thread? I'll probably just get mine powder coated and call it a day. Again, no offense to MK6Pin. You're awesome my friend. Too bad you aren't the one making them.

#9993 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

This may be a stupid question, is there a difference in the actual game between the 3 different models or is it basically only cosmetic?

Cosmetic only. All 3 models play the same.

#9994 5 years ago
Quoted from AdeptJR:

Jeff

In the heart of this thread are lots of mods by various owners. Parachute van, spotlight on play field, atomic pile, speaker lights/grill, crane, lockdown bar bat emblem, etc. There are more than a dozen good ideas.

#9995 5 years ago

I've pretty much given up on this mod. MK6Pin's tremendous time and effort seems to be all for nothing. The guy who's supposed to make them just keeps jerking everyone around with a timeline. I don't like that one bit...especially in this hobby!! When was the last time he responded to the Wireform thread? I'll probably just get mine powder coated and call it a day. Again, no offense to MK6Pin. You're awesome my friend. Too bad you aren't the one making them.

FWIW, I put a small pad beneath the rear of the ramp (per instructions earlier in this thread) and added the Stern service bulletin ramp cover plastic, and since then the ramp flow has been perfect and satisfying and we haven't seen a single airball off that ramp since, or rattling, or anything strange.

#9996 5 years ago

Absolutely no offense taken, and believe me when I say my frustration surpasses yours. I've learned to not be surprised by false promises (note my Avatar change back to an incredibly painful experience). This wireform flows better than the original ever will, and they should have built it this way to start with, imho.

Mine will be powdered and be amazing, however, haven't given up on a local source to produce these. Yes, I'm quite behind in modland ( my lockbar efforts keep getting delayed), however, the game isn't leaving my lineup, so I know it will be enjoyed for years after I get the freakin' things done.

As weird as it sounds, I really want everyone to have this ramp, and never wanted a dime for the effort to sort through the details. Hopefully, it can happen. Matt has literally vanished on me, and I have no idea why. Time will tell if I'm the only one to have this design, hoping not....mark

#9997 5 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Absolutely no offense taken, and believe me when I say my frustration surpasses yours. I've learned to not be surprised by false promises (note my Avatar change back to an incredibly painful experience). This wireform flows better than the original ever will, and they should have built it this way to start with, imho.
Mine will be powdered and be amazing, however, haven't given up on a local source to produce these. Yes, I'm quite behind in modland ( my lockbar efforts keep getting delayed), however, the game isn't leaving my lineup, so I know it will be enjoyed for years after I get the freakin' things done.
As weird as it sounds, I really want everyone to have this ramp, and never wanted a dime for the effort to sort through the details. Hopefully, it can happen. Matt has literally vanished on me, and I have no idea why. Time will tell if I'm the only one to have this design, hoping not....mark

Anyone got George Gomez’s ear? See if we can get Sterns wireform guys to make it for us as a favor to make a great game even more amazing. Surely they owe it to us for the 12 months of code drought.

#9998 5 years ago

Approaching 1.5 months since last update. Let’s get the lead out already.
GoTG and IMDN getting updates left and right, we’ll be at 2 yr anniversary and not done.....

#9999 5 years ago

I purchased the MOD Couple speaker set a few days back. Do they acknowledge the order and give updates on shipping? I sent a couple emails over the past few days and not a single response, is this commen with them?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/200?hl=aukraut and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.