Topic Stats

• 15,117 posts
  • 563 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by kermit24
  • Topic is favorited by 220 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,234 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dimple ij (resized).JPG
69DD9416-FBF7-4ADD-8316-BD88152E36EB (resized).jpeg
15755812303958123643281727273042 (resized).jpg
F8DE2267-3533-4500-9545-CEAB9A43148F (resized).jpeg
F846EBE9-E794-4BC9-9D61-4494CA921424 (resized).jpeg
image2 (1) (resized).jpeg
image3 (1) (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
921e5611b23739bdfed6ee3e32405fb458ae1af8 (resized).jpg
86325759-196B-4DE6-8F07-6693CA8A48DB (resized).jpeg
7B224F91-4D25-4073-89A8-2B1A168B22C4 (resized).jpeg
7B4B35B6-F7BC-42DB-9447-876E0E4DF2D7 (resized).jpeg
E3D22485-B4C6-4FE7-BC99-379BF02B1EAF (resized).jpeg
8400f819b881cf5a43cfd3837f3eda927fe0151e-1 (resized).jpg
90A9CB3F-BB8C-44AD-AB07-E39E22D6F186 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 15117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 303.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Ghostbusters is not a bust imho. The game is close to spectacular. The code is really good. Artwork is great. I have a tinge of ghosting but it's one of the later releases. (August) Maybe that helped.
Original Batman with Adam West call outs. Lyman and Gomez. No brainer for me. What was Lyman's last game? TWD? Everyone knocked it when it came out with the shitty call outs and weak code. Now it's an amazing game.
I don't like fronting cash at all but this is a dream theme, dream call outs (Adam west) and I'll bet on Lyman any day of the week. I've been wrong before though. Lol! I can't wait!

You are model customer

#52 3 years ago

Why are people surprised others are still pre-ordering LE's? It's the fear of missing out on what nobody else can get attitude that's driving NIB over 10K. I'm glad I stopped buying NIB after X-men. If there is a new machine I want I'll pick it up HUO, even if it costs more then the initial pricing. At least then I can verify the condition and there are no surprises.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

Not if you're an op and just want to route the latest game.

you have to be smoking something... As someone that routes games actively, the ONLY way it even remotely makes sense is if the new games retain some value over time. Pinball does not make hardly anything and dropping premium prices on a game that likely wont retain routed pro values after 1 year due to insert issues throws the entire equation upside down.

I would say most smart OPs are passing on this due to the price point and current issues. At PRO prices I may be willing to take the risk, but at 6500plus, no thanks. Keep in mind that is double what I can get an Alien kit for to drop into my FullT cab.

For these prices I could go buy 3 B lister B/W decks that will do WAY better than 1 BMDKprem with insert issues. That is just simple math.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from sandersj:

"customers who pre-order with deposit gain VIP access".

Thanks for the clarification.

#55 3 years ago

Whysnow insulting? Legalize it!!!!!

Also all you guys geeking over Adam West call outs are hysterical.when I think of vintage Batman I think of Julie Newmar.
MEOW!!!!!

images (resized).jpeg

#56 3 years ago

I was insinuating crack. Weed does nto make you stupid. Other drugs would need to be involved in order for someone to preorder under the current issues.

Many have asked why Stern needs to make a public announcement and acknowlegde the issues and resoultion >> this is why.

DONT BUY NEW and then come complaining about the issues. Seriously, when your BMDK66premsuper has ghosting issues... tough leather catsuit titties

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Premiums requiring a $500 deposit is insane. What's the point of that? Why on earth does Stern need deposits on games that are unlimited? I really don't get it. Is it to gauge interest so as to determine initial run size?

I heard premium might only be a run of 500

#58 3 years ago

In for a SLE as I have this syndrome

shiny-object (resized).jpg

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Based on Stern's history, I would not expect much code support after the initial release if it is a limited run of games.
They don't spend as much time on code for games that don't continue to sell. They likely would have a decent base code on game release, but don't expect a Metallica like improvement after that.

#60 3 years ago

Also all you guys geeking over Adam West call outs are hysterical.when I think of vintage Batman I think of Julie Newmar.
MEOW!!!!!

Stern is pushing this before 2016 claims the remaining cast members.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

DONT BUY NEW and then come complaining about the issues

I never buy new Im a B/W guy.I can't get past the incomplete code never mind the ghosting.Honestly I have to play something before I can even think about buying.my one op friend pretty much gets every new title so Im guessing he'll get one.This dude routinely routes LEs.Were lucky to have him.
The payback for him comes from league play.If its in your home location you put it in league play.Now dudes are showing up to practice etc.So initial impact is good until the mob makes up its mind if its a keeper or not.
The GoT cash box blew up when released just from pinheads learning the rules!!!

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

source?

#63 3 years ago

Prem limited to 500 is bull...if it was they wouldve said so on the flyer just like the other models. Don't buy into that BS lol

#64 3 years ago

distributors that want to hype sales, LOL.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Weed does nto make you stupid.

Nto it doesn't. I don't care whta the machine looks like. I'm pre ordering cause thats the only way I'll ever meet Adam West

#66 3 years ago

I was wondering how this was going to work! I knew it was about time for Stern to announce a new pin,they do it this time every year!AND GB has a lot of issues'" still on the board" so to speak,back orders being cancelled,what a mess!AND un the middle of this,another fantastic,new pin!!

#67 3 years ago

Well,people,I,m in for a LE! Delivery will be in mid-November! PRes will be coming out by Christmas!! There are 0 Super LEs cause they all go to Gary Sterns personal list,we are not on!My dist.had 2 left,and i cancelled my GB/PRe and bought 1 Batman 66,1 left!!Very limited run on the PRe's! $2000.oo down,if you can find one!!And remember,this is world wide!!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Premiums requiring a $500 deposit is insane. Is it to gauge interest so as to determine initial run size?

No, it's too gauge interest so they can decide on the prices.

#69 3 years ago

Read the flyer. Customers that order with a deposit get to meet Adam West. Question is is that worth putting down $500-$1000 on a machine sight unseen. I suppose if somebody is high enough it would be.

#70 3 years ago

I;m not stoned,O-Din,just tired of the GB hype,and finally got the chance to get a exclusive offer! And with my paid order,no meet and greet,thats for Gary Sterns private list of folks who will be getting the SLE's.Thats a private sale! The LE i just bought will be to me by Thanksgiving! The PRe's won't be out till Feb!I was told!!

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

And with my paid order,no meet and greet,thats for Gary Sterns private list of folks who will be getting the SLE's.Thats a private sale! The LE i just bought will be to me by Thanksgiving!

I think if you can make it there, the meet and greet is for any pre-order with a deposit. The invitation thing is for buying a super expensive, duper SLE. But I could be wrong....

Batman (resized).jpg

#72 3 years ago

Sounds just like a standard Batman with no pro, new LED for display, Joker replaced with a LED screen, great crane toy, and some fancy side rails and art work. Was a turd then and if its the same it will be a polished turd now.

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Sounds just like a standard Batman with no pro, new LED for display, Joker replaced with a LED screen, great crane toy, and some fancy side rails and art work. Was a turd then and if its the same it will be a polished turd now.

Turd? This isn't Mustang or RZ we're talking about here. BDK is a pretty decent game with a couple of weak toys and a little wood chopping (see TF and POTC).

#74 3 years ago

What's the going rate for one of those Dark Knight pins these days?

#75 3 years ago

Car teeter totter totally sux, mini playfield is meh, and very lopsided scoring . What the hecks so great about it. Im not willing to play 7k for a rehash of a game i paid 3900 for NIB. Let alone 9/10K for the " super LE" They haven't even fixed the damb playfield issues yet!!!

I think its kind of odd there getting people to put up deposits without even a spec sheet or pics this time ....... PLEASE. How else are they gonna pay for all those fkd up playfields . Just my 2 cents.

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

What's the going rate for one of those Dark Knight pins these days?

I've seen them in the $5kish range, give or take.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Car teeter totter totally sux, mini playfield is meh, and very lopsided scoring . What the hecks so great about it. Im not willing to play 7k for a rehash of a game i paid 3900 for NIB. Let alone 9/10K for the " super LE" They haven't even fixed the damb playfield issues yet!!!
I think its kind of odd there getting people to put up deposits without even a spec sheet or pics this time ....... PLEASE. How else are they gonna pay for all those fkd up playfields . Just my 2 cents.

Hey, I never said it was great...just not a turd.

#78 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I've seen them in the $5kish range, give or take.

I guess it wouldn't take too much polishing to turn that into a $10k game.

#79 3 years ago

I guess alot of pinsiders love some Adam West bat-man throw back...to each his own.

The more new stuff I see being made the more I just want to get a MB or AFM...

#80 3 years ago

Yep ..... And at this point in time with the QC issues I'll keep my own in my pocket

#81 3 years ago

I'd really like to meet Adam West growing up watching his show. But can't buy Batman 66 site unseen and possibly remake of BDK. I'm a big batman fan but sold my BDK as it was just meh gameplay wise.

Anyone at Stern want to do a long time local customer and Adam West fan a solid - I'd love a courtesy invite.

#82 3 years ago

Hey guys, remember this is a club thread. It doesn't have to be all sunshine, rainbows and cake, but some of the comments in here are really better suited for one of the other BM66 threads.

If you literally have no intention of joining this club or being a supporter of this club, consider taking some of the speculative commentary to another thread.

Thanks.

#83 3 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

I'd really like to meet Adam West growing up watching his show. But can't buy Batman 66 site unseen and possibly remake of BDK.

$500 and you're in!

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey guys, remember this is a club thread. It doesn't have to be all sunshine, rainbows and cake, but some of the comments in here are really better suited for one of the other BM66 threads.
If you literally have no intention of joining this club or being a supporter of this club, consider taking some of the speculative commentary to another thread.

And you are planning on buying one of these?

#85 3 years ago

I'm in for an LE. Looking forward to meeting Adam West at expo.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I'm in for an LE. Looking forward to meeting Adam West at expo.

I wonder how many people will take advantage of the meet and greet? With 30 super LE's and 240 regular LE's and some unknown number of premiums thats a lot of potential people.

I would think they will sell at least as many premiums as LE's. So if you assume around 1/2 the people that are eligle show up that that would still be 200-300 total people. That's that a lot of people to take a pic with and sign a photo. Hoping its more of a casual meet and greet vs a cattle line.

#87 3 years ago

I'd be surprised if half eligible show up. I'm going to go because I've been a fan of the 1966 show since I was a little kid and Adam is 84 now.

#88 3 years ago

Hi all,
The LE will be limited to 240 pinballs. The game looks great. If you are interested you should probably get a hold of your distributor sooner than later.t I had lengthy conversations with Stern this past week and am confident that their QI is up to snuff. I have always had faith in the integrity of that company. I am excited to play the pin.

-Jerry

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey guys, remember this is a club thread.

serious question... Do we really need 2 threads for this game that does not exist yet. Why not just make them into a single thread where we can discuss all the issues and likely issues with the game.

#90 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

Hi all,
The LE will be limited to 240 pinballs. The game looks great. If you are interested you should probably get a hold of your distributor sooner than later.t I had lengthy conversations with Stern this past week and am confident that their QI is up to snuff. I have always had faith in the integrity of that company. I am excited to play the pin.
-Jerry

fair warning to others. This is a distributor so please take this continual hype speak with a grain of salt and remember this photo before being dumb enough to preorder this pin with NO PRICING INFO and NO RESULTION to currnet QC issues. Hold your favorite company accountable if you actually care about this hobby!

Ghosting.jpg

#91 3 years ago

If u haven't got on the LE order list yet chances are your already too late.

#92 3 years ago

Crazy but it is what it is

#93 3 years ago

I'm in for an LE. Willing to pay up for an SLE slot. Let me know if you have one to sell.

#94 3 years ago

MSRP for LE is 10.5K. Why are people saying that this is a retheme of BDK when they said it was a new design and keeping the crane from BDK?

#95 3 years ago

Yes I am a proud distributor. I am proud to sell Stern. It is made right here in the good old USA and that makes me feel good. Sure they had an issue but they are proud of what they make and will make it good. I am trying to keep things positive. I not only sell pinballs, I am a big fan. I get such a kick when we restore a classic and it plays like new. I get a real high when a great pin comes out. You may not be a Stern fan and like everyone else have an opinion. From what I have been able to see, it looks like a great pinball. I am excited to play it. My post wasn't for you. It was for the Stern fans and just a heads up. In case you want to say I am trying to "sell" them my allocation is 1 LE and that has been spoken for already. You know I am of the age that I can remember waiting for the next episode of the 66 batman show. I loved Adam West as Batman and all the wonderful villains and pretty women in very fitted costumes. It seems like this pin has captured that flavor. Like I said, I can't wait to play it.

-Jerry

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks.

This is a club thread with a game that's unreleased. It's going to be full of speculation kind of like what the GB thread was like before it turned into the club thread.

#97 3 years ago

Yes I am a proud distributor. I am proud to sell Stern. It is made right here in the good old USA and that makes me feel good. Sure they had an issue but they are proud of what they make and will make it good.

Have your customers had playfield issues recently? How has stern addressed those issues? Have they explained to you how they expect to eliminate these playfield issues for future releases?

#98 3 years ago

Yes I am a proud distributor.

I had lengthy conversations with Stern this past week and am confident that their QI is up to snuff.

Please provide more detail about these conversations and some real and true facts about what is going on with the current issues. Many of us have been unable to get any reply from them about issues we have on literally 20k worth of machines.

#99 3 years ago

Yes I am a proud distributor. I am proud to sell Stern. It is made right here in the good old USA and that makes me feel good. Sure they had an issue but they are proud of what they make and will make it good. I am trying to keep things positive. I not only sell pinballs, I am a big fan. I get such a kick when we restore a classic and it plays like new. I get a real high when a great pin comes out. You may not be a Stern fan and like everyone else have an opinion. From what I have been able to see, it looks like a great pinball. I am excited to play it. My post wasn't for you. It was for the Stern fans and just a heads up. In case you want to say I am trying to "sell" them my allocation is 1 LE and that has been spoken for already. You know I am of the age that I can remember waiting for the next episode of the 66 batman show. I loved Adam West as Batman and all the wonderful villains and pretty women in very fitted costumes. It seems like this pin has captured that flavor. Like I said, I can't wait to play it.
-Jerry

Thanks Jerry. I'm a big Stern fan but I'm also a big Williams fan. This is a "Club Thread" so if you want to voice your opinions of Stern and any mishaps such as GB, go to the other thread. Not saying this to make anybody mad but a club thread about Batman 66 is not the place imho to disparage Stern. With that said, I really really hope they have some old footage of the TV series in color on the LCD. This would make my day.
What also would be spectacular is if Stern gave out Translites to the purchasers of Batmans at the VIP party to be signed by Adam West! Cmon!!! So cool. Is anybody with me!??!

#100 3 years ago

Hi,
Here is what I know. I want to say that I have not had issues with any of the machines I had sold. This is in no way a denial that issues exist. It just speaks to luck and that the problems were limited in scope. Stern has assured me that they have a handle on the problem. That any pinballs coming should be problem free. I asked them straight out. I also asked what if problems arise from machines already sold. Stern informed me that they would take care of the issues via distributors. That they would do what it took including replacing playfields. I understand that this will be more difficult with the LE's based on the logistical issues. I know lots of people have been hard on Stern over the playfield issues. I understand the frustration levels. You pay premium money for a product and you expect it will work as they always have. I sell more than just Stern products. There are some manufacturers that I worry about and keep a close eye on them. There are others that I have a long standing relationship with and never worry about. Stern is in that group. I know some people think that I am "selling" Stern. It isn't like that. I am just relating my experience. In fact the majority of my business is in selling restored pinballs. I guess what I am saying is if you are some of the folks who had trouble , keep the faith. I am confident Stern will make this right. Patience will be needed as this isn't going to be an instant fix. It may take a little time. That is probably the most regrettable part of the issue.
The other point I want to make is that these issues seem to be limited in scope. It is not widespread failure but instead a small percentage. I know that provides little comfort to those who have issues. I just hope Stern learned something from this process. In machines this complex issues are bound to arise. I hope Stern comes up with a better system to deal with issues. If you look at the big picture the pinball hobby has done well. We went from looking at no pinballs to having a major manufacturer and then some fine boutique pinball makers. All seem to be creating quality goods that I personally look forward to. Maybe I am more sensitive to how complex these machines are because I am working with them every day. When you get a chance give your favorite pinball a good once over. They are truly a complex wonderment. The fact that we have such wonderful toys never ceases to amaze me.

take care-Jerry

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 15117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 303.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside