IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #366 Adding the Batsignal to LE Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #402 Very detailed review Posted by MT45 (7 years ago)

Post #457 DocQuests Helicopter comparison. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #463 Docquest's vehicle comparison Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #501 Version 0.65 Code released Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #564 Docquest's helicopter install. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1159 Adjusting the Magnet Posted by PiperPinball (7 years ago)

Post #1234 Helicopter attachment. Posted by docquest (7 years ago)

Post #1314 Photos of Episode 111 Machine Posted by iceman44 (7 years ago)

Post #1322 Version 0.68 Code released Posted by ATLpb (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

857 posts in this topic match your search for posts by docquest. You are on page 1 of 4.
#86 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

I'm in for an LE. Looking forward to meeting Adam West at expo.

I wonder how many people will take advantage of the meet and greet? With 30 super LE's and 240 regular LE's and some unknown number of premiums thats a lot of potential people.

I would think they will sell at least as many premiums as LE's. So if you assume around 1/2 the people that are eligle show up that that would still be 200-300 total people. That's that a lot of people to take a pic with and sign a photo. Hoping its more of a casual meet and greet vs a cattle line.

#119 7 years ago

Flintstones had Winston cigarette commercials to.

flintstones (resized).jpgflintstones (resized).jpg

2 months later
#148 7 years ago

I wish this thread was more active again. The other "Batman66 New Info" has been taken over by whiners and complainers instead of people who are excited and looking foward to playing and/or buying a Batman66 game.

#150 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Agreed, Looking forward to playing my BM66LE

Yeah !
Positive comments !

The artist for the Batman66 game, Chris Franchi, did a live podcast this weekend and talked a little about the art development for the game. I didn't hear the whole thing but it should be avail for download eventually. Someo fthe cool tidbits I remember.

He was originally contracted by Stern to do the bat gadget plaques that go in on the LE games. At that time Kevin O'Connor was contracted to do the some translite and cabinet art concepts. You can hear Kevin talk about his involvement with Batman66 at the very end of his pinball news recording of his expo talk.

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/kevin_oconnor.mp3

Kevin said there was a bit of a time crunch and they had him switch to start some of the playfield art. Someone at Stern saw that Chris had a lot of experience with Batman and asked him to put together a translite design as well. Everyone loved it so they asked him to do the playfield and cabinet art as well.

He mentioned that the Batman66 license holders already had a very good relationship with Joe Kaminkow. Not sure if he was exaggerating or not but he said that the Batman66 based slot machine from Joe's company brought in millions of revenue to the license holder, so they loved Joe. When Joe said he wanted Chris Franchi on the art package the art approvals went through very quickly. Chris said the art approval process is usually longer with some back and forth and tweaking but for the Batmann66 game it was one of the faster approval processes he ever worked on.

He was disappointed like the rest of us that it wasn't playable when he was at expo. He's very excited about the game and is planning on buying a game using the money he made for doing the art for Stern.

#153 7 years ago

Here's a link for the reunion panel they did with the Batman66 actors at the LA comic show a week or so ago that.

I was bummed I couldnt get into it. I underestimated how early I needed to get in line for it. There were probably twice as many people in line than what the room could hold.

1 month later
#213 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I expect to receive my LE tomorrow. No code today, I guess.

Anyone order from cointaker and get a shipping notification yet?

#221 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Still waiting for news when mine will be here.

It is frustrating to hear about multiple distributors having premiums in stock ready to ship while you're still waiting for your LE shipment notification. Especially if you paid in full several weeks ago. The wait continues.

giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif

#238 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

The signed card is a great little touch all I need now is a card signed by Burt Ward for the other side of my LE

Or get a card with images of both of them on it so they can sign the same card. The other side of the apron doesn't have the little card protector thingee on it.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

You can mail one to him and he will sign it, I have heard.

If you will be in the chicago area march 24-26'th adam and burt will both be there at the hollywood collector show.

http://hollywoodshow.com/mainchicago.php
http://hollywoodshow.com/celebrities-chicago.php

The current going rate for Adam's signature is $100 and Burts is $80 (at least that's what it was at the Stan Lee comikaze last year).

If you would rather have a card that has images from the TV show look for the "bat laffs" or "riddlers riddle" cards from 1966. You can find single cards on ebay for just a couple bucks.

https://batmancards.com/buy-batman-cards/60s-batman-cards.php

I found a nice one of batman and robin and had them both sign it for my game. Hopefully the card I get with my game is in the landscape orientation. I thinks its switchable though if I need to rotate it.

batcard (resized).jpgbatcard (resized).jpg

#258 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

(And yes, I feel a bit guilty for finding/buying an LE in a day when they have been sold out for months. But my gameroom has been ready for this for years ...)

Nice collection! I am envious.

You should feel guilty about getting one so quick. I pre-ordered mine on day 1 back in august and was paid in full weeks ago. I patiently wait while I watch countless unboxing videos (premiums even). Still no shipping notification.

The best way to make it right would be for you to send me your LE ASAP and I will send you mine when I get in in 2 or 3 months.

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

BM66 LE #91 in the house tonight (Tampa, FL). It's the "Bat Drone" gadget game. I love it so far. My only initial complaint after just a couple of games is the turntable mechanism turns far too slow. Otherwise, it doesn't seem even remotely like the TDK game from what I recall playing it in the past. Game art, colors, sounds, music, and theme immersion are all awesome. Oh yeah, Batgirl art is on the back box sides....sorry Premium folks. I haven't a clue what I'm doing when I play yet, so maybe I'll have more feedback at some point in the future. I do like the longer shots in this game so far, I just need more patience to slow down and make them (once I know what shot to make). 500 million high so far after 3 games, but I suck as a player, so that's probably not very much. It's easier than Ghostbuster, particularly in the outlane department.

Thats probably the best card i've seen so far, congrats!

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I still want to know who is going to get the shark repellent! That would be an amazing gadget to have.

How about the batmobile or the utility belt or batarang. I'm assuming those are possibilities.

#268 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The batmobile would be the best. I didn't think about that one. Surley the utility belt isn't one of the gadgets though? It carried the gadgets.
I'd like the bat lab one too.

looks like batmobile is #1 and batarang is #8

14231830_10154481017804244_5978831031092854925_o (resized).jpg14231830_10154481017804244_5978831031092854925_o (resized).jpg

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

That's awesome. Where did you find those photos?

Old stern facebook post when thry were still teasing the game.

The artist who drew all the gadgets also posted a collage them on his facebook page a wile ago. This gives you a peek at what other ones to expect. The batsignal would be a cool one to get.

15356564_1559313007417139_9110583255354028827_n (resized).jpg15356564_1559313007417139_9110583255354028827_n (resized).jpg

#283 7 years ago

If someone wants a nice poster print by the same artist who did the batman66 pinall art package I'm selling one. Its designed to look like a retro TV guide cover from 1966. All the wrinkles and creases are drawn in the image, the poster itself is nice and flat. Size is 22" x17".

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/43581

20170105_092112 (resized).jpg20170105_092112 (resized).jpg

#317 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

No this is really thin stuff. 0.020" or just over 1/2 millimeter. It's super stiff though and after a dozen games I cant see a single dimple. Time will tell. Before I started I cut a couple of small sample pieces and shoved them under the ball on the crane at each stopping station to see if there was clearance. I could fit 3 sheets under the crane ball at "park" and as the crane moved to the left, I eventually could park a bus under there - so no worries with the crane at all.
Crazy too that the ramps are NOT attached to the slings like in 99% of games ... this makes it incredibly easy to both work on and to add something like this. I just popped off the flipper bats and I could (with care) slide my paper template off the PF and then slide my created PF protector back in it's place without removing any more PF parts than the flippers.
I ordered the PET-G material from Amazon. Link below. It was enough to do 6 or so machines I think! When the big roll of it came, I quickly unrolled it and cut it into 19" wide sections so I could store it flat under a spare bed. Keeps it from getting a "memory" and not laying as flat as you would like.
amazon.com link »
You will also need a set of these punches from Amazon
amazon.com link »
Her's a couple pics with the blue protection film on so you can get a little better idea of how thick it is

Would you consider making a scan of protector so others could could print it out as a starting template to make cutting their own a little easier?

#366 7 years ago

I started a thread on how to modify the Stern used Batsignal Toy into a more TV specific Batman 66 version. check it out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-batsignal-mod-tutorial-for-batman66

before_after (resized).jpgbefore_after (resized).jpg

#369 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Anyone getting a ball hanging up "just on the other side" of the mini-turntable (Batmobile on top) that spins inside the larger turntable? This is happening to me on every single game. The ball will roll out as the game cycles ball search. The larger turntable will spin one turn, then on the second the ball rolls out.
See image of the ball just sitting in there as it catches against the edge of the mini one ...
It appears that the mini-turntable is about 1/2mm too high?
Is there a height adjustment on it??

I can't see the ball in that pic.
Is the same ball hangup that was happening on the dead flip stream last week?

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It was an idea I came up with as soon as I saw Stern where putting a decal on the lockbar, fact they didn't put any clear over the decal/pin striping has made me think my idea might be a little more popular now instead of a one off. I am speaking to someone about a couple BM66 mods so "stay tuned"
It is pretty simple, I have a STLE and friends with TWD, GOT all with lockdown bar buttons and they have laser cut emblems on them, soon as I saw BM66 I thought it needs something better than a sticker!

The main difference with Batman and maybe its why Stern used a decal, is the curve of the lockbar towards the glass but I don't see why with careful and precise bending of some thin metal it couldn't fit perfectly, I haven't got my LE yet but I am guessing the decal is applied and curves with the lock bar so it wont look any less factory than the sticker.
It would be great to get peoples thoughts and feedback!?

This looks like a job for Cliffy! Master of thin precision cut metal.

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah Cliff did come to mind, I just need to ask him politely first
Would have to get them cut and powder coated, excuse the examples below they are rough but just for ideas and feedback.
Firstly any bat symbol could be used but I went with the one off the 66 Batmobile and my reasons for that where:
It was the only 66 symbol online in red
But the real reason I chose it was because I plan to pin strip my LE armour like the SLE armour & with the topper combined they represent the Batmobile, especially with the SLE cabs having the batmobile side art it just seemed like a great all round fit plus it allows for a second piece with the text to be nicely incorporated in the middle between the wing tips, as I find the Bat Gadget decal placed to one side looking a little awkward.
Feedback would be great...

Looks awesome!
I'd defintiely buy one.

#405 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Hate to hog the thread but need to add a few things to help others.
Went to play a few games this afternoon and found a screw sitting on my magnet and two washers as well laying around the playfield.
Spent 45 minutes examining every tiny bit of the game. The screw is a self tapper. Checked all the ramps first. Checked switch mounting plates, everywhere and could not find the place where they were missing. I had just tipped up the PF earlier in the day and had I found ONLY one of the 3 pieces I might have shrugged it off to a leave behind from the factory but 3 pieces had me worried.
This led me to start looking where you might not be able to see the screw. I mucked around on the turntable and noticed my batmobile could move fore and aft a tiny bit - did not make sense that it needed to do this so ...
I unscrewed the 2 bolts that hold it (careful as there are 2 large washers under the pink plastic piece), turned it over and POW .. one of the screws and it's 2 offset washers had fallen out. The other was just about to do the same.
These are self tappers with a very rough thread so I did not think threadlocker (Loctite) would help. So I added 3 or 4 drops of E6000 flexible adhesive into the tapped holes in the Hotwheel Batmobile. Put the 2 washers under the car first, add back the pink lexan plastic piece and then screw in your self-tappers. Re-install - good to go.
Also - note that if your Atomic Stack sign was installed poorly from the factory like mine was, I just pulled it using a razor knife and re-installed. It came off and went back on fine. Just FYI

Thanks for documenting these issues. If I ever get my game I'll have a head start up on what to inspect after I unbox it.

#408 7 years ago
Quoted from ant68:

Any news if the upgraded speaker panel (SLE) will be available to buy from Stern ?
Or has someone come up with the Mod yet ?

Someone at the factory tour asked that and they said it was exclusive to SLE.

I also think the LE/Premium speaker panel looks a bit bland compared to the rest of the game.

I think a cool mod would be to make the speaker panel look like 60's era batcomputer tech with blinky lights and various knobs and dials. Kinda like what they show in the match sequence. Put a "Closed Circuit TV" label under the LCD similar to the one in comission gordons office?

#424 7 years ago

Hoping to become an official member of this club this week. I even shoveled a path to the basement in preparation.

20170109_072223 (resized).jpg20170109_072223 (resized).jpg

20170109_071309 (resized).jpg20170109_071309 (resized).jpg

#427 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hey - you paid for the game already. That's about as official as it gets. You're in!

Back in the 60's you could join the batman fan club. Look at all the cool stuff you got for just $1.

Screen+shot+2011-03-30+at+6.07.09+AM (resized).pngScreen+shot+2011-03-30+at+6.07.09+AM (resized).png

#429 7 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Not sure how many guys will like this mod or not, but I replaced the Batmobile and bat boat on my BM66SLE with the Corgi Batmobile I've had since I was 9 yrs old.
It's a little larger scale than the HotWheels one, it's nicked up from being played with, and I'll have to reposition the bat boat to the left ramp protector, but it has a lot of meaning to me.

Thats awesome.

I wish I still had mine. I used to have the corgi batmobile and the corgi james bond aston martin. I used to have sorts of james bond and batman team up adventures with them.

#440 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Doc, are you waiting on Game Room too?

No I ordered my LE from Cointaker.

#446 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

hmmm. So there are at least a couple of "deadly robot" cards.

Stern is using these cards to put on the game.

https://www.amazon.com/BATMAN-TRADING-CARDS-DELUXE-REISSUE/dp/B00403D08M

They are reprints from the orignal camera negatives of the 1966 cards. The illistrations on the cards were by Norman Saunders from pencil drawings by Bob Powell. Norman illustrated the famous Topps Mars Attacks trading cards from 1962 which inpspired the Tim Burton movie.

There were 3 series of the 1966 batman cards; the black bat (55 cards), blue bat (44 cards), and red bat (44 cards). The color refers to the color of the bat logo on the bottom of the card. Since there are only 143 cards total there will be repeats on games.

51hRi7yySaL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg51hRi7yySaL._SL1500_ (resized).jpg

#451 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batgaget #58 Bat mini-charge is in the house. Game (and Topper) delivered today. Code level .6
Batgirl on the sides (!)

Cool gadget and you got a card with batman and joker, very nice!

#457 7 years ago

Since I'm too poor to afford a batman66 SLE I've been thinking about adding a few of the bat vehicles to my LE. The hot wheels ones are decent looking and cheap at about $8 a piece. But I decided to splurge and check out some of the vehicles from a UK company called Eaglemoss.

Their Batman Automobilia line is a set of diecast bat vehicles from all iterations of Batman (comics, 66 show, movies, animated version, etc). The ones I've seen from the 60's show include batmobile, batcycle (both versions), batboat, batcopter, batgirls cycle, joker-mobile, catwomans car, alf cycle. They even have the batmobile after penguin stole it (penguin umbrella added and penguin logo on sides).

Each vehicle is about $20 (price is higher if uts sold out and you have to get one via ebay or wherever). They come in a acrylic display case with a 3-d lenticular background image. Each vehicle also includes a 12 page detailed magazine with info on the vehicle, its history, and detailed blueprint like drawings. These are a little bigger than the hot wheels but are a lot more detailed and accurate. I think these are 1:43 scale as opposed to the hot wheels versions ones at 1:64.

I have the Eaglemoss batmobile already and will probably put that in the shooter lane area. I don't have the hot wheels batmibile so I don't have any comparison pics for that.

20170110_215150 (resized).jpg20170110_215150 (resized).jpg

The other vehicle I recently got was the Automobilia batcopter. Even thought its sold out at most retailers I was able to find one online for $22. I like how the copter looks on the SLE mounted above the wireframe ramp looking like its flying. The detail is much nicer on the Eaglemoss version than on the hot wheels version. Here are some comparison pics to the hotwheels version. If anyone was thinking about getting one themselves.

20170110_214317 (resized).jpg20170110_214317 (resized).jpg
20170110_214603 (resized).jpg20170110_214603 (resized).jpg
20170110_214617 (resized).jpg20170110_214617 (resized).jpg
20170110_214707 (resized).jpg20170110_214707 (resized).jpg
20170110_221725 (resized).jpg20170110_221725 (resized).jpg

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doc how long is that batmobile?

Here's a pic showing the eaglemoss batmobile vs the batmobile that comes with the bluray boxset. Sorry but I don't have the hotwheels batmobile for comparison but I think its a little smaller than the bluray version.

the other pic shows the eaglemoss batcopt vs the hotwheel batcoper.

The ruler show is in inches so you UK/European guy have to convert to one of your freaky units (poppyseed, twip, shaftment, gunters chain, etc) see attached conversion guide.

batmobile_eaglemoss_vs_bluray (resized).jpgbatmobile_eaglemoss_vs_bluray (resized).jpg

batcopter_eaglmoss_vs_hotwheels (resized).jpgbatcopter_eaglmoss_vs_hotwheels (resized).jpg

English_length_units_graph (resized).jpgEnglish_length_units_graph (resized).jpg

#491 7 years ago

I'm finally joing the club! Will be here tomorrow!

tracking_info (resized).jpgtracking_info (resized).jpg

giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Kick ass I can not wait to see what card and gadget or episode you got.

Me too. Whats killing me is its sitting in a shipping terminal right now about 6 miles from where I work. If I knew that earlier I would have traded cars with my wife this morning picked it up with the van today. Oh I put my deposit down way back in Aug whats another day.

#512 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It is pretty amazing there are two boards and that many connections required for the topper. It is very cool, but I hope it's used for something cool during game play.

Is one board for main topper and the other for the large batsignal projector?

#517 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it's software supported. I doubt the premium software will run it. And you likely can't put LE or SLE updates in a premium.
Things to check into.
LTG : )

Well stern said the batsignal ceiling projector on the topper would be available to buy separately so that shouldn't be a problem to add to LE or premium.

At expo Stern said the current topper was an LE/SLE exclusive and premium would have its own topper. But who knows if the've changed their mind.

I think the topper would sell well as a standalone mod from the stern store. I think its the best looking one they've done so far. If they keep it exclusive to SLE/LE I think they are leaving money on the table.

#528 7 years ago

And so it begins....

rps20170113_124856 (resized).jpgrps20170113_124856 (resized).jpg

High claim item is an understatement

20170113_102751 (resized).jpg20170113_102751 (resized).jpg

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The topper will fit

I thought my fit was tight but yours is about as tight as you can get.

20170113_154516 (resized).jpg20170113_154516 (resized).jpg

#544 7 years ago

I really wanted a gadget version and I was happy to see I got one. I was even happier to see what one it was. I peeked in the box and couldnt believe my luck, its the freaking Batmobile!

rps20170113_155331 (resized).jpgrps20170113_155331 (resized).jpg

#545 7 years ago

I think the card I got was pretty cool too! Batman and Robin in action.

rps20170113_155720 (resized).jpgrps20170113_155720 (resized).jpg

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Awesome man!!!! Congrats!!

Fooled ya, my gadget pic was a little cropped. Here's the full size pic.

We already know that Bat Gadget LE #1 is the Batmobile and people are assuming Lyman or some other VIP is getting that one. But I guess this one is still pretty cool.

rps20170113_155424 (resized).jpgrps20170113_155424 (resized).jpg

This gadget "False Inflating Batmobile" is from the second part of the False Face episode "Holy Rat Race". At the end of the episode False Face has a few missles in his car and when the Batmobile comes around a corner he blows it up. It looks like Batman and Robin were killed in the blast. We then see another Batmobile arrive with Batman and Robin. Batman confronts False False and explains that the first Batmobile was a false inflatable batmobile. Batman also explains that he keeps the false inflatable Batmobile in the real Batmobile for just such a situation.

inflatable (resized).jpginflatable (resized).jpg

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Does anyone else with a prem have a card that is not signed ? Is that an LE/SLE only thing ?

Adam West signed 500 cards total, 80 for SLE, 240 for LE's. What was left over was supposed to go for premiums. So the answer is maybe depending on how early your premium was built.

#559 7 years ago

For those who are fans of the Chris Franchi artwork he's doing a signed print edition sale right now. He has 3 different batman 66 related prints available first come first serve. In the past they've sold out quickly. He has all the info on his facebook page. He goes by the name "metaluna 5 media". He has some other cool non batman prints as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Metaluna-5-Media-169657579716029/

Batman 66 villains is 20" x 20" edition of 66 signed by artist $75
batman66villains (resized).jpgbatman66villains (resized).jpg

Batman The Movie is 27" x 40" edition of 66 signed by artist $139
batman66_movie (resized).jpgbatman66_movie (resized).jpg

Batgirl is 18"x 24" edition of 66 signed by artist $75
batgirl (resized).jpgbatgirl (resized).jpg

#563 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't have Facebook and since I'm outside the US all international orders are asked to not make payment and message first but without Facebook I have no way of messaging regarding shipping
He really needs a dedicated site his work is fantastic!

Maybe just send him an email telling him you dont use facebook at the paypal address he listed?

Im getting the batman 66 villains. It will nice on the wall next to the pinball.

#564 7 years ago

I took a metal coat hanger and cut off a few inches of it to make a copter support. Twisted a little loop on the end and captured it with the same nut the SLE uses to mount its copter.

In addition to looking nice, the eaglemoss vehicles alread have tapped screw holes and the screws from where they mount to their display box. Make another loop on the other side of the wire and secure it via a screw under the copter. Tweak the shape of the wire until it looks good.

20170113_193453 (resized).jpg20170113_193453 (resized).jpg

20170113_193447 (resized).jpg20170113_193447 (resized).jpg

20170113_193503 (resized).jpg20170113_193503 (resized).jpg

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks nice. I'd like to do something similar. Have an eaglemoss Batmobile, Batboat, Batcopter, Batcycle, Batgirl cycle coming. Will have to see what fits where, but I like the copter where you have it.
Were your pictures taken with the glass off?

Yeah glass off.

I was thinking about adding the other vehicles as well but after seeing the game in person theres not a lot of space to put stuff. Im not sure I like the batcyle on the bumper cap. Have to play a while and decide what fits. I definitely like the copter though. I think it fits well hovering over the ramp.

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You could ask about the card, but that was never promised to any Premium buyer (though I understand the expectation that 180 early Premiums would have them). Maybe they are being randomly placed on Premiums during the build process.

How many premiums were built but put on a boat for overseas?

If you really want a signed card, adam and burt appear to be doing a farewell tour this year at various comicon type shows. I read they will be in Boston area early march, Chicago late march, Connecticut in aug. They aint getting any younger so act quick.

#593 7 years ago

Been playing mine a lot today and so far just one issue and its driving me nuts. Ball couldnt get out of the crane scoop. After closer inspection I saw a screw in the bottom if the scoop. Ive combed over the entire playfield but cant figure out where the heck that screw came from.

20170113_193229 (resized).jpg20170113_193229 (resized).jpg

#602 7 years ago

I rembered your post and that was the first place I looked. Seems like the clesr plastics on the catwomans ramp have been loose on some machines but mine were all there. Still looking. I hope its not from the deep bowels of the turntable mech.

#612 7 years ago

Here's a pic of the machine screw that was in my scoop. Its 1/4" with a lock washer on it. Since it not pointy on the end it must go into metal. I also couldn't find a matching flat washer anywhere loose in the game. I thought I'd find out where it went this morning with a fresh set of eyes but I can't see any missing screws anywhere. Looked in all the recommended places; cat woman ramps, bottom of posts under cat woman ramps, under batmobile, etc no luck.

Maybe it was just an extra screw that was never attached to anything. If that was the case I guess thats why there's not a matching flat washer.

screw2 (resized).jpgscrew2 (resized).jpg

#615 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'll bet it's the one that goes under the right ramp post, right in front of the pops...very tough spot to get to

Are you are talking about the left side of the right ramp where the top of the post holds the left side of the clear plastic air ball protector and there is a screw on the bottom of that post?

If so thats not it, checked there already and can feel the screw head on the bottom of the post.

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have a replacement for my batmobile lined up so I'll have to see how I can mount that when I get it.

What are you replacing the batmobile with? All the better looking more detailed batmobiles Ive seen appear to be too big to fit on the turntable.

#693 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any premium owners planning on sound upgrades or getting the art blades?

Im planning on putting some nelson riddle original batman66 music in there. People say they like the jazzy score currently in the game but i'd like this a lot more.

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I got LE#66 > BatShit detector gadget
No joke!

I don't recall that one in any of the episodes?

#798 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed, anxious to keep the club thread positive as new owners enjoy this beautiful game. ( think he was kidding, as his arrives tomorrow)

I knew he was kidding, I was just trying to be sarcastic. He's had his game for a week or so, he's just being real patient about unboxing it.

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Great question, but no. They are made from PET-G now, not Makralon. Faster, thinner and less static, but yes ... there is some. You will see some dust under it over time. I'm willing to put up with a little dust under it to avoid the moonlike cratering that I've seen
BM66 is easy to remove and clean if needed.
Guys, I was as sceptical as you all. Especially of the whole "this will protect against dimpling" premise. How could it?
It does, and well

Do you have any closeup pics of the bottom rollover lanes?
Is it tricky to get the right oval shape to avoid ball hangups there?

Did anyone take your template you offered earlier? If its still available I could get a digital image of it made and post it here so people could print it out and use it as a starting point to making their own template.

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Yes, he does as well. I added them to the template before shipping it out. Hopefully we will see these get made very soon

So these will be made by the pinball protectors guys in germany or did you send it to someone else? Im sure the getman guys make a nice product but $150 shipped seems a bit high since your $36 piece from amazon was big enough to do multiple games. I was hoping for a US based person so shipping would be more reasonable.

#898 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

George skimped a bit on GI I added four spotlights and a trough light.

What are uou guys using for LED's for your spot lights? Just regular single LED bulbs?

I want to brighten up the playfield with adding more spots than I need. Cointaker has those 5 LED bulbs that are supposed to be 5x the brightness of a regular LED. Wondering if 1 or 2 spotlights with those would give more light than the 4 spots.

NkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6ZjFiM2FhZmRmY2QyZTUyNjAyMDlkNmVlYThkZmM4NjY6Ojo6OjA= (resized).pngNkYyNkRCRjhEQTEzRjAxMTdGNTE6ZjFiM2FhZmRmY2QyZTUyNjAyMDlkNmVlYThkZmM4NjY6Ojo6OjA= (resized).png

#934 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That magnet is way too low. Should be flush or a fraction above to prevent wear on the edge of the pf.

Good thing you caught that early. I think that would have caused some nasty pf damage very quicky if left as is.

#949 7 years ago

» YouTube video
Here my Catwomen mod with her slow flickering led behind her diamond.
We plan to make a bunch of these so PM me if you want to get on our list?

How did you mount her?

#953 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

How did you mount her?

I'd prefer from the rear but that's just me! Sorry I couldn't resist.

In volleyball terms, it was a high soft lob perfectly setup for a spike. I knew someone would go for it.

#964 7 years ago

Wow those are nicer than the LE/SLE armor! Excellent job!

#1028 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bound to have a few duplicates in there on the cards with 320 pins getting them. There aren't that many total in the red, black and blue series of 1966.

Only 143 unique cards in the series so there will be repeats. Cards are being used on all three versions of the machine. Just the 320 LE/SLE games were gauranteed a signed one.

Stern said Adam signed 500 cards so once LE's and SLE's were done the rest would go to premiums. I don't think any premium buyers have gotten a signed card yet though.

#1029 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Has anyone tried to order the topper beacon available only on the SLE? George said it could be added to the LE topper, and I definitely want to pursue......anyone else?

Where can one order it? Link?

I imagine it will eventually show up in the stern accessory store. Im assuming thats where we'll also see the art blades for the premium buyers when they are available.

Plenty of existing bat signal projectors you could mod but i havent seen any with the TV style logo. The little playfield mounted bat signal will project an image but only for a very short distance.

The stern designed one is the correct logo and also projects a big image a long distance and can be focused. Hopefully it wont be too over priced.

#1035 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's going to be a Stern accessory. By definition that means it will be overpriced ... especially since they know their potential market is limited to 240.

I assumed premium buyers could use it as well. Seems like Stern would be leaving money on the table if it was just for LE owners.

#1040 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Negative....George conveyed it was standard on SLE, accessory for LE ( same topper minus the beacon) , but wouldn't work on premium. There are actually 2 node cards in the top of the backbox dedicated just for the topper ( seems like overkill, but true)....guessing the premiums don't have these cards (?)

Any premium owners wanna post a pic of whats inside your backbox? Any node boards at the top?

#1041 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

This is my concern....any SLE owners willing to snap a pic of that beacon so I can research a bit ( can't imagine they made it...the factory is an assembly plant)...thanks....

Here's the best pic I could find.

14711626_10154621559694244_9113216220175541068_o (resized).jpg14711626_10154621559694244_9113216220175541068_o (resized).jpg

#1072 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Here's a photo of an experiment I'm trying, dueling Batlights. I installed docquest's version in the back right corner hooked into the appropriate SLE plug. The one in the back left corner is hooked into the GI. Truth be told, there's not a lot of real estate for installing these. Anyone else thinking about going with more than one?

I was wondering how it would look to use the batsignal plastic housing mounted to a post to house a spot light to help with lighting up the playfield. Might look a nicer than a standard spot light but it would also be bigger which would be a drawback.

#1087 7 years ago

Looks like export Aerosmith games need a metal cage around the spike 2 board for EMI reasons. So will export Batman66 games need that as well? The hole for the usb looks a little sloppy, maybe a thats just a prototype?

#1101 7 years ago

Just saw the latest version of pinball browser is out and lets you see all the videos in a spike firmware file. Looks like batman 0.65 code has 1,831 videos in it! Lots of great clips in there. Looking forward to seeing them in the game itself eventually.

#1151 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I asked before but is the shaker worth buying for my premium

Hard to say until the code matures. It doesn't do much so far.

#1214 7 years ago

Wonder why Stern already has Aerosmith accessories (topper, art blades, etc) in the Stern store already but still nothing for Batman66? At expo they said art blades, glow sling protectors, topper batsignal projector, and who knows what else would be available for sale.

#1219 7 years ago

Just heard on Chris Franchi's podcast that he is in the process of doing some inner art blades for the Batman66 game. Will be interesting to see what he comes up with and when they will be available in the Stern store.

#1233 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You happen to know a part number for that wire? LEs and Premiums don't have it.
Is the black screw the one that comes on the Eaglemoss?

I just took a wire coat hanger and cut a straight section out of it and bent it until it looked good. Very easy to do it yourself. You should have plenty of wire hangers lying around (unless.your mother is Joan Craword).

200w.gif200w.gif

#1234 7 years ago

You can see the approximate wire shape I used for my eaglemoss copter in this pic. I was able to find mine online for less than $25 (it was the last one he had though). So even they they are sold out from eaglemoss they are still out there if you look around.

20170113_193447 (resized).jpg20170113_193447 (resized).jpg

#1236 7 years ago

Hey MT45,
Can yountake a pic of the connectors on your SLE speaker lights and which board they eventually connect to? On my LE in the diagnostic menu you can trigger multiple speaker lights. I couldnt see any connectors that look like they would go to the speakers or reference to them in the manual.

I wonder if its like the playfield batsignal where the speaker lights connector is there on all models but tucked away somewhere.

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

The speaker lights both connect to a board mounted immediately to the left of the right speaker.
Looks like they are fed control and power from the board mounted at the top of the backbox - the same one I think that controls the topper. Hope these images help

Thanks for the pics. It looks like my CN3 connector on the backbox topper node board is missing a connectir there. So looks like the SLE has an extra harness and speaker node board not present on the LE.

Are the speakers lights on the SLE active with gameplay or are they on all the time?

#1299 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Apart from the Hot Wheels Batmobile, the other cheap ass thing on this game is the bat sticker around the lock down bar button. That thing looks 100% crap. Im guessing the pin striping on the SLE is the same red adhesive stuff. I cant believe Stern sent the games out like that. They should be making a proper laser cut alloy one like every other game (that was cheaper) and sending them to all owners.

I think someone was talking about making a laser cut metal emblem mod for the lockdown bar button?

#1394 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I'm not sure if it's from the movie or not after playing the game again to check out the multiball videos. They are indeed of a fight in the Batcave. Joker, Penguin, and some gang members are there for the fight with Batman and Robin, partially above the Atomic Pile. The Penguin floated down from it using his umbrella. It didn't show the bad guys being reconstituted with water though, which is how Penguin sneaked his gang into the Batcave in the movie. Maybe someone who's up on the series might know if Joker and Penguin ever teamed up and fought Batman and Robin in the Batcave in one of the series episodes?

That clip is from one pf the 3 part episodes. The first epispde of the 3 was called "Zodiac Crimes" which featured Joker and Penguin. It was marketed as a Batman Special celebrating the 1 year anniversary of the show.

In the Batman movie its just Penguin in the Batcave and he's impersonating someone else so he's not in his regular Penguin costume. The big fight scene with all 4 villains (well all 4 villains stunt doubles) at the end of the movies takes place on the top deck of Penguins submarine.

#1398 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well that sucks, I was really hoping they would have access to movie assets. I might load the latest update into pin browser and see if I can view the video clips one at a time. Since this all seems to use the assets from the slot machine I wonder if anyone that's played the slot can comment on any movie clips shown on that?

I scanned through the clips in pinball browser of the 0.68 firmware and didnt see any clips from the movie. Also didnt see any batgirl clips either.

Interestingly, l didnt see any video clips of shame, egghead, mr freeze, mad hatter, or king tut. They did have "cartoonized" clips of the minor villains getting jailed though (similar to the jail clips of the 4 major villains).

There were a bunch of bookworm video clips in there though. It seems odd they would have video clips of bookworm but not the minor villains. So I hope they will add the others later (and maybe movie clips and batgirl).

#1411 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Can understand if they can't have don't have movie clips because of licensing issues, but we absolutely need Batgirl clips!

Shes on the translite, playfiled plastic, and backbox so not sure why she wouldnt be in the video clips. She was also in the slot machine so she was part of that kaminkow license.

#1436 7 years ago
Quoted from Cheese_WizardPQ:

Easy mod for not SLE. My boy already had the bat signal in its toys. Hope he will not freak out.

If you want to mod the batsignal you have to match the 66 style batsignal logo check out this thread:

#1461 7 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Catwoman mod install details for those that want to try it. Much thanks to PiperPinball for getting me started. Couldn't have done it without his help
Catwoman is a Hallmark Christmas ornament- try Ebay
LED is from Model Train Software.com
Get the 1.8MM blue one (or whatever color you want) and select 3volt and then 14" leads
http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/flickering-led.html
You'll also need a resistor in 200ohms (although I used 150ohms and it is still working)
I order a lot of wire for mods from Jameco and they also have resistors
http://www.jameco.com/z/CF1-4W201JRC-Resistor-Carbon-Film-200-Ohm-1-4-Watt-5-_690697.html
You'll need some piano wire (or stiff wire of some type)
I order my piano wire from Pinrestore
Get the thin kind (0.047)
http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html
Steps:
ADDING THE LED
Put the LED and its associated (very thin) wiring along the Catwomans body
Place the 1.8MM LED directly behind the existing "jewel" she is holding in her right hand
Go along the back of her raised arm, behind her head, down the middle of her back and then down her right leg
Strap tie along the way (I think I used about 5 of them)
Use a black sharpie to "black out" the red lead wire
Use your E6000 adhesive to put a thin bead of E600 along the entire wire length
Let it dry and hour or so
Cut the strap ties EXCEPT the one at her ankle (you cut that one later in order to add the piano wire captive in the same spot BUT leave it for now as all your tugging and moving things might pull the wire away from her ankle and then yank it off her entire back)
HEAT SHRINKING
Slide the appropriate diameter heat shrink tube onto the wire all the way UP TO her ankle
Use your heat gun to shrink and protect this thin wire
PIANO WIRE MOUNTING
Drill a small hole using a 1/16th bit into the base of her head (see pic)
Bend your piano wire so it conforms to the back of her body
Insert the piano wire into the hole in the base of her head, the wire should now fit nicely into her head and bend right at her ankles
Cut the existing strap tie at her ankle and add a new one in the SAME spot but capture the piano wire this time
Wish I had the measurements for what length wire to start with BUT the easiest way is to get the wire bent properly around her then inserted into her head, then make the final rough bend toward the mounting bolt/nut.
Then you can estimate length and cut the wire LONGER than you need by say 1". Fiddle with it until she appears right, straight and her foot is just touching the plastic behind the cat on the ramp.
Finally, make a half loop that will be placed below the nut of the plastic for mounting
ADD RESISTOR
Solder in your 200ohm resistor on the positive leg side of the led feed
Add more shrink tubing and extended wiring to reach your tapping point for power (as needed)
I added about 12" of extra wire just to make sure I had enough to work with once I settled on my exact tap location
FEED WIRE
Feed the finished wiring down the same hole used for the left habitrail switch
When you lift the playfield you'll see that (to the right) are several GI bulbs
I tapped into the green and green/yellow wires below there using quick taps
This LED was either polarity sensitive or maybe I had a bad contact on my quick tap because I had to reverse my taps after install (pain in the butt so you might want to simply touch the end of your bare wires to the feeder wires you will be using to ensure you are getting the LED to light properly)
Clip on your quick taps and slide in your wires
I then used a Scotch mounting square under her foot - I just cut it to size
Holy too many steps Batman - you're done!
amazon.com link »

Nice writeup i think i might try this on mine since i already have the hallmark ornament.

#1463 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I see in another thread the bat shark repelant went out of the US. Has the real batmobile turned up yet?

I'd be surprised if #1 went into the general population. I'd think stern would reserve it for a VIP or charge a premium for it at least. Maybe Lyman gets it, I think someone said he gets a copy of all of his games.

This is the closest gadget to the real batmobile you can get I think. Although it was inflatable, it still looked good enough to fool false face in his episode.

There could be some other batmobile based gadgets out there: bat ray, emergency bat turn mechanism, batmobile ejector seat, batmobile anti theft system, batmobile automatic tire inflation device, remote batcave batcomputer link, batmobile batphone, etc.

20170113_114237 (resized).jpg20170113_114237 (resized).jpg

#1498 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Anyone know what scale the Batmobile on the turntable is?

1:64 I think. The real one is about 225" so 1:64 would be about 3.5".

#1499 7 years ago

So I had the upper section of my turntable mech partially disassembled to install my Titan rubbers in there. I was a little nervous about taking it apart but it wasnt that bad once I started.

Since I had the turntable apart I took a closer look at the bat phone. I never really like the overly big size and the lack of detail on it. The soft plastic with low detail reminds me of a dog chew squeker toy.

I decided to see how it looked if I replaced it with the red translucent phone that comes with this batman action figure kit.

https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54368326&gclid=CPL_tZOE_dECFZqLswodAcQBog&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID20213847%3aTRUS&cagpspn=plat_20213847&eESource=CAPLA_DF%3a54368326%3aTRUS

008 (resized).jpg008 (resized).jpg

Although it shows up for $29.99 online, the Toys-R-Us near me currently has it on clearance for $25.

The phone with this kit is way smaller but has nice detail for the size. As a bonus the set also comes with a mini shakespese bust. So putting the bust and the phone in should fill the space nicely.

rps20170206_222454 (resized).jpgrps20170206_222454 (resized).jpg

The current phone has a tricolor LED mounted with just the red input connected. It is mounted to the bottom of phone above the plastic. The phone was screwed to the plastic from below via two screws.

For my mod I used the existing LED board but I mounted it under the plastic via a small nut and bolt. I used one of the two existing holes that was used to mount the original phone to secure the LED board under the plastic. When mounted there the LED on the board lines up almost perfectly with the larger hole that was used to feed the LED control wires and connector to the old phone. I put some red electical tape on the board to keep the contacts from shorting on anything. I then mounted the new phone over the hole. There is no bottom on the phone so the light illuminates it pretty well.

20170205_210811 (resized).jpg20170205_210811 (resized).jpg

To make the area look more like the Wayne manor study I added some art in the back to make it look like wood paneling. This art also covers the wires on the back of the bat computer. Those exposef wires there annoyed me everytime I saw them.

Overall I think it looks better than the old phone. If I wanted to take it even further I could put a decal on the existing plastic under the phone to make it look like the top of a desk. You could also put a graphic in the back to show the bat poles behind the book case.

20170206_215503 (resized).jpg20170206_215503 (resized).jpg

20170206_215433 (resized).jpg20170206_215433 (resized).jpg

#1504 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

With the phone that size, you should find a Shakespeare bust to put next to it, or even a desk for the whole thing.

Way ahead of ya, take a closer look at the pic.

I made a mock-up of how the bat poles behind the phone would look and decided to scrap that idea. To make them look right proportionally they would be kinda tall and then be seen from behind when the turntable was in the bat cave position. I also made a desk decal but it jut didn't look like a desk enough and decided it looked better without it.

Now about those empty plain looking speaker grills on the LE and premium games. Whose got some ideas there?

#1511 7 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Thank you! I agree, it's silly and not something I normally tag my games with nor would post on Pinside knowing it would receive or deserve some thumbs down! Hopefully we see someone sell something for these panels...Thought Stern did a nice job with the SLE's.

I agreed the SLE speaker panel is nice. I think I'd like to see something like that except replace the SLE bat logo style with one that looks like the one on the batmobile door. That with some backlit speakers similar to the SLE would be nice.

batdoor (resized).jpgbatdoor (resized).jpg

#1524 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I was just watching the latest video on Facebook. Did Stern put a new left ramp plastic on?

Looks like it.

rps20170208_001517 (resized).jpgrps20170208_001517 (resized).jpg

#1595 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Batman doesn't drink alcohol.

He can sure chug though.

He downed 6 glasses of buttermilk all at once to coat his stomach in that Kig Tut episode so he wouldn't be affected by the abu-rabu-simbu-tu mind control drug.

Maybe it could be the bat-buttermilk holder.

C1ngMuOUoAAOYpi (resized).jpgC1ngMuOUoAAOYpi (resized).jpg

#1601 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Once my LE arrives, I can give my new Batmobile a test fit, fingers crossed.

Can you tell us the length of the hallmark batmobile?

#1616 7 years ago

Hallmark Batmobile is just over 4" long.

Thanks for measuring, looks like its too big for the spinner.

#1642 7 years ago

For LE and SLE owners.

Does the bat logo on your topper go on and off or is it on all the time?

I noticed mine is always on and when I go into diagnostics for that lamp its still on and doesn't flash.

Is this how it works on everyone elses topper?

#1725 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Absolutely agree. Huge difference.

Better than the SLE Jensens?

#1802 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'd buy one if I could understand enough German to order one ...

if you open it in with google chrome browser a "translate page" option appears in the upper right corner. Here's the translated version.

bmanshooter (resized).JPGbmanshooter (resized).JPG

batman-66-shooter-lane-protector (resized).jpgbatman-66-shooter-lane-protector (resized).jpg

batman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b2 (resized).jpgbatman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b2 (resized).jpg

batman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b3 (resized).jpgbatman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b3 (resized).jpg

batman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b4 (resized).jpgbatman-66-shooter-lane-protector_b4 (resized).jpg

#1859 7 years ago

If you are in the new england area area stop at the North East Comicon in Hanover MA this weekend. Adam West and Burt Ward will be there saturday and sunday. I will have my Batman66 LE there to play with 100% of the coin drop going to the Dana Farber Cancer Institute. Just finished setting it up right next to the batmobile and the bat cycle.

Come meet the real Batman and Robin and play pinball for a good cause!

rps20170303_171941 (resized).jpgrps20170303_171941 (resized).jpg

#1861 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Very cool!
See if you can get a picture of either one playing it ...
If it were my game, I'd get them to personalize and sign the translite.

I was trying to decide where to get it signed (if they are willing to). Possible choices would be: translite, speaker panel just below the translite, apron by their heads. I already have both their sigs on a trading card maybe thats enough. I could have them sign my Franchi "Villains" print which is basically the same art he did on the game. I plan on hanging that up next to the game.

I'd really love to get them to play a game with me. Not sure if they would up for that or not.

rps20170303_182035_564 (resized).jpgrps20170303_182035_564 (resized).jpg

#1865 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are both Adam and Burt there for a autograph session?

Yes, autographs and photos and a Q@A.

#1866 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Whose batmobile is it?

Its not one of the 5 Barris ones. I talked to the owner a bit and turns out he used to be a pin head. He had both Elvira games, AFM, and a bunch of others at one point. He enjoyed playing the Batman66 game. Since he does the show circuit I told him he should buy one to bring to the shows to put along side his vehicles for a little extra revenue.

There is another guy who brought the the Bat-Cycle. The cycle itself is a replica but the Robin side car part of it is the original one from the 66 movie. He was gonna bring a replica Bat-Boat as well but it was too big to fit in the door of the venue. The AMC show "Comic Book Men" did a Batman themed show recently and the guy with the Bat-Boat in that episode is the same one here with the Bat-Cycle.

#1869 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the translite, right below the bat belts..

Holy signed Bat-Poles !

#1879 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I had my spring go on the flipper which made it act weird.

A had a flipper spring break on my Batman66 this weekend. First time I've ever seen a spring break. The connecting loop on one end just snapped off. Is that typically seen on Stern machines? It was at a show so I had to improvise a fix by uncoiling the last few turns and making a new connecting loop.

Only other spring break I've had before was this one.

spring_break_pinball_2 (resized).jpgspring_break_pinball_2 (resized).jpg

#1889 7 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

How was the game received at the show?

So I brought my Batman66 to the North East comicon in Hanover MA this weekend. This isn't a very big show compared to other comicon's buts in only about 30 miles from my house so I've been a few times in the past. The big draw this year was Adam West and Burt Ward. In addition to them there was going to be the Bat-Cycle, The Bat-Boat, The Batmobile. Since this was going to be a "bat-centric" show I asked the organizer if he would like to have a Batman66 pinball machine there with all the coin drop going to a charity of his choice. He loved the idea and picked the Leonard Zakim Center of the Dana Farber Cancer Institute for a charity.

He setup an area for my machine right next to the Bat-Cycle and the Batmobile. The guy who brought the Bat-Cycle was the same guy that was on Comic Book Men show on AMC a few weeks ago. They did a Batman themed episode and this was same guy who owns the Bat-Boat. Although the Bat-Boat was supposed to be there he later found out that the doors for the venue weren't quite big enough to get it in so the Bat-Boat stayed home for this event. He has a ton of pop culture vehicles he brings all over the country for shows like this. Super nice guy.

Here is my machine getting setup next to the Batmobile.

20170303_153045 (resized).jpg20170303_153045 (resized).jpg

ne_comicon (resized).jpgne_comicon (resized).jpg

#1890 7 years ago

The attendance was really good on Saturday. it dropped off a little on Sunday but was still a lot more people than I expected. Over the two days I had a about 140 total games played. I thought it would have been higher since it seemed to be busier than that. It worked out to be about a game played every 6 to 7 minutes on average which seems pretty decent. By far it was the cheapest entertainment at the show. Lots of people just wanted to look at it and take pictures of it or a picture of them standing next to it.

I brought a belt mounted quarter dispenser which was a good idea since I only had about 5 people over the whole weekend that had 4 quarters with them. Most had dollars and a few had no cash at all and only used plastic. I can see why a change machine, a dollar bill acceptor or a electronic fee acceptor of some kind are absolutely essential for location games.

It was sad to see some people who appeared to be at least in their mid twenties who said they never played pinball. The one thing in common though was that everyone who did play seemed to really enjoy it. I'm glad I brought it and got a chance to share it and raise a few dollars for a good cause. Getting a chance to see Adam and Burt was also a fun.

Here's a pic of my impromptu spring fix after the spring broke. I just uncoiled one end and made a new loop. Worked well for the rest of the day.

I also had a few ball hangups on the upper end of the turntable. Although it was flush in the front it was raised a little in the back. Soft shots to the ball lock could get hung up there. If its hung on the edge the ball search cant always get it out. I had to remove the glass when that happened. I re-leveled it and then it worked fine.

spring (resized).jpgspring (resized).jpg

#1891 7 years ago

Here are some pics from the show. We had everything ranging from purple unicorns to Betelgeuse play the game.

unicorn (resized).jpgunicorn (resized).jpg

beetlejuice (resized).jpgbeetlejuice (resized).jpg

#1892 7 years ago

Adam and Burt did a little Q and A about working on the show.

adam_burt (resized).jpgadam_burt (resized).jpg

#1893 7 years ago

We had a few "mini bat-men" playing. One of them had a classic "WTF ?" moment when he had a straight down the middle drain.

lil_bman1 (resized).jpglil_bman1 (resized).jpg

lil_bman2 (resized).JPGlil_bman2 (resized).JPG

#1894 7 years ago

There was a classic Batman as well, even had his shark repellent with him just in case.

classic_bman (resized).jpgclassic_bman (resized).jpg

#1895 7 years ago

Also had an angry Batman

angry_bman (resized).JPGangry_bman (resized).JPG

#1896 7 years ago

And this Joker showed up.

some_joker (resized).jpgsome_joker (resized).jpg

#1897 7 years ago

Near the end of the show some old guy showed up and wanted to play but he didn't have any quarters. He seemed like a nice enough guy so I let him have a few free games. Not sure why everyone around started taking pics of him playing it. Also not sure why he was calling me "good citizen". He really seemed to enjoy the Catwoman mode and said something about strange stirrings in his utility belt whenever her saw her.

20170304_171629 (resized).jpg20170304_171629 (resized).jpg

coin_up_adam (resized).jpgcoin_up_adam (resized).jpg

the_ream_bman (resized).jpgthe_ream_bman (resized).jpg

the_ream_bman2 (resized).jpgthe_ream_bman2 (resized).jpg

adam_west (resized).JPGadam_west (resized).JPG

#1898 7 years ago

After that another old guy showed up. This "boy-wonder" said he just got his own Batman66 game. He pointed out that he was having trouble with the ball registering when he hit his Riddler scoop on the left orbit shot. I told him a few things to try to help with that. He also wasn't clear on the rules of the game. I ended up removing the glass so I could go through all the shots and shot him what he need to do for each villain. He said his wife plays it too so as I was explaining the game to him he was explaining it to her over the phone. Then he decided to just record me with his phone so he could review it later at home with his wife. When I wasn't looked he left some graffiti on my game apron since the glass was off.

_burt_riddler_scoop (resized).jpg_burt_riddler_scoop (resized).jpg
20170304_173000 (resized).jpg20170304_173000 (resized).jpg
burt_wife_call (resized).jpgburt_wife_call (resized).jpg

graffiti (resized).jpggraffiti (resized).jpg

#1904 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Damn docquest, that's incredibly cool!

It was a good weekend. It was a real treat to play my Batman66 with the actual Batman and Robin. I'll never wash my flipper buttons again!

#1910 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hopefully you included instructions about updating code too. It would suck going thru life unaware of that and having the machine the way it is now forever. Anyway that's some cool stuff there!

During our game walkthrough I told him the code would be evolving and there would be future updates. He didnt seem to be aware of the process or how to do it. So after I got home on Saturday night I decided to put together a little "care package" for Burt (Adam said he didnt have a game).

I typed up a summary of the current rules and modes, the email address to send his info to Stern to get on the code update email list, and a copy of the page from the manual that details the update process.

I game him all this on Sunday and he was very appreciative. I also asked him to sign my Franchi villain print and he wrote a nice thank you to me for the pinball help.

rps20170307_212818 (resized).jpgrps20170307_212818 (resized).jpg

#1917 7 years ago

Since Burt signed my apron I don't need the signed card I got prior to getting my game. I got it signed by Adam and Burt last year at the LA comicon. Selling it for what it cost me $200.

rps20170307_113919 (resized).jpgrps20170307_113919 (resized).jpg

#1918 7 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Since Burt signed my apron I don't need the signed card I got prior to getting my game. I got it signed by Adam and Burt last year at the LA comicon. Selling it for what it cost me $200.

Signed card is sold.

#1933 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Just wanted to mention that this week Stern sent me a (free) kit to modify/extend the left ramp cover (to prevent air balls).

You called to ask for it or they just it sent it to you?

#1940 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL how awesome is that!!!!!!
Did he really say the thing about the utility belt? I've seen Adam West in full on charm mode and that's one of the standby lines

I added that part. However I've also heard him say it in one of his comicon Q@A's as well as in an interview in TV. I think he likes to use that line a lot. When he was playing my game he mentioned that he really liked how the artwork captured the likenesses of the villains so well.

When I got Adam to sign my Franchi villains print I told him the print was by the same artist who did the game. He then told his agent/handler guy to get a hold of Stern and ask about getting a game. Im surpised he didn't have one already like Burt does.

#1952 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there anyway to make the start button clear? is the green a plastic cap/cover or is the plastic itself green?

marco sells a clear 1" button which should fit.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PBA1W

#1955 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Doc, any idea why Stern have gone with a new button on BM66? I noticed Aerosmith is the same with the new flush style button, GB had the classic inset Start Button, maybe its a Spike 2 thing, but I might give that button ago, see how it fits and report back.

You might need to swap the LED that came with your original button if the replacement button doesn't work at spike voltages.

The opening credits on the TV show were mostly green so its not a bad fit to keep the green color with a black bat symbol.

1966_Batman_titlecard (resized).JPG1966_Batman_titlecard (resized).JPG

#1957 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Here is what the pieces of the button look like when you take it apart

Was it lit with one of the little rectangular surface mount LED boards?

#1963 7 years ago

Has anyone else noticed the Riddler plastic in the back right corner not sitting flat? I have about an 1/8" gap between it and the ball guide. When I checked it the plastic is sitting on top of the saucer shield. I'm wondering if the shield is getting bent upward by the ball and causing the plastic to bend up. Sorry I dont have a pic handy.

That was a common problem on CFTBL scoops. The metal would eventuall contact the plastic over it and end up scratching the paint off the under side of the it. Pinbits sold a revised deflector made of thicker metal so it wouldn't deform over time. In this era of cost cutting it wouldn't be surprising if the metal is thinner than it should be. Maybe a mod opportunity for a pinside metalsmith.

#1966 7 years ago

I was poming around with the pinball browser and noticed some callouts I hadnt heard yet. Looks like all the personalized Adam West greetings (and a love message from Burt WRard to his wife) are from 0x56A to 0x5B5. Theybare of Adam saying "<name of SLE owner> Get the bat phone!" I was hoping one of the SLE owners had the same first name as me so I might figure out a way to use the quote on my LE but no such luck.

Can any SLE owners chime in and say if the current code uses this yet? I think its a pretty cool feature but havent heard anyone talk about it much.

#1974 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

6 days to TPF... hope there's a new Batman66 code update before show

Stern Facebook post said there would be.

#2007 7 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Should see some code today too

I hope so too but I'm not holding my breath.

#2054 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hasen,t anyone noticed that with this code,you can,t auto-plunge with the left flipper and get the full left orbit! Now,you hold down the left flipper, when you plunge, and it goes all the way around!! Some of you did,t know this was a option,did ya???

That was in the previous code.

Hold the left flipper and plunge, Then all the main villain shots are lit, hit one and the batphone starts ringing for a quicker villain mode start.

If you are already in a villain mode and hold the left flipper in when you plunge then all the main shots turn yellow. Make one of them and get a gadget awarded instantly.

#2057 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, nice to see the batsignal flasher in the PF is now being used.

Im bringing a couple extra tv style batsignals with me to texas pinball festival. If you're going to be there and want one send me a PM.

#2060 7 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have tried everything with the update and no luck,same stick I used last time and it does not see the stick,unzipped and loaded all files onto stick,tried to use "send to" also drag and drop with no luck,the stick flashes when I turn game on like it should but then nothing and the game starts like normal,I guess I will buy a new stick,
What brand and size should I buy?

Try reformating the stick? Maybe the code got corrupted when downloading from Stern website, try re-downloading it?

#2094 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does anyone know who owns this BM66? its a premium with LE/SLE armour on it, plus I noticed on the lock bar it has a replacement/new Bat emblem (the batmobile emblem) just wondering who made it? is it laser cut or just another decal? and who is making them/selling them as I want one

Pinball refinery machine. The bat emblem is plastic as well as the gadget plaque next to it.

#2096 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks Doc, plastic? Well I guess that holds up a lot better than the factory decals, metal would have been nice like my other Sterns but in the show everything was a sticker in the batmobile so plastic probably gives it that look.
Did you pick one up for your BM66?

He didnt have any avail for purchase at show. I think he said $25 would be the cost if you emailed him at his website. It looked really nice.

The only thing that would make it better would be if it was molded to fit the angle of the lockdown bar. As it sits, the plastic is stiff so it doesnt follow the contour of the lockdown bar perfectly so the sharp tips of the emblem stick up a little bit.

If it was made of metal you might be able to bend it to follow the shape of the lockdown better. I assume that making it out of metal would cost more.

Most of the other Stern games with a lock down bar button have metal trim around the button. Even lower cost pro's like Aerosmith.

I wonder if Batman didnt get one because the game was rushed for the anniversary so there wasnt time to get it done. I heard thats why Aerosmith acessories were available before Batman accessories. Aerosmith was done before Batman so they had more time to get all the accesories done.

#2108 7 years ago

Put in a bunch of mods I picked up at TPF last week. Mezelmods backboard building and Gotham city sign.

20170401_170957 (resized).jpg20170401_170957 (resized).jpg
20170401_171012 (resized).jpg20170401_171012 (resized).jpg

#2109 7 years ago

Also bought some green and purple 5v led boards from cointaker to add some color to Riddler scoop and Penguin crane VUK. I wired them to nearby GI bulb so they are on all the time. Might re-wire the Penguin one to go off when super jackpot is lit instead. Not a bad mod for $0.89 a piece.

20170401_170925 (resized).jpg20170401_170925 (resized).jpg

20170401_170914 (resized).jpg20170401_170914 (resized).jpg

20170401_171522 (resized).jpg20170401_171522 (resized).jpg

#2110 7 years ago

Also bought a few red led boards to replace the white ones in the antennae stalks on the topper. Not sure why Stern put white leds in there instead of red ones. Putting red ones in there makes the plastic much more red instead of the pinkish/orange they were with the white boards. Hard to get a good pic to show the visual difference. Left antennae pic is still the white board and right antenna pic has the red board in it.

20170401_175105 (resized).jpg20170401_175105 (resized).jpg

20170401_175034 (resized).jpg20170401_175034 (resized).jpg

#2111 7 years ago

I put in a translucent orange pop bumper body in the atomic pile to replace the solid white one that was there. Gives a much brighter flash effect this way. I'm still using the 2 led flasher that in there originally. Since the body is trasparent I used some double sided foam tape to hold the flasher on the bottom of the pop body for a neater look.

20170401_170908 (resized).jpg20170401_170908 (resized).jpg

20170401_170931 (resized).jpg20170401_170931 (resized).jpg

#2112 7 years ago

I also updated my replacement batphone. I decided to put the cake pan on the phone. When I had just the phone it looked too small. After adding the cake pan cover and base, the scale looks better with the Shakespeare bust next to it.

20170401_171153 (resized).jpg20170401_171153 (resized).jpg

#2113 7 years ago

I also replaced the start button graphic with the opening credits bat logo.

20170401_215543 (resized).jpg20170401_215543 (resized).jpg

#2120 7 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Oh wow! Docquest to be honest....I saw all the pics that you posted about 10 times each of them! Amazing!, all of them are very very nice, the colors, the toys, the start button, the lights, the Batphone and the Shakespeare simply incredible Docquest. I would like to add to mine all the toys like you did.
Two thumbs up, and thank you for sharing all the upgrades!
Regards

Thanks for the nice comments. I wanted to show some pic of the mods so anyone thinking about trying them can see how they look in a machine.

Regarding the start button, I made that using backlit film material. for my Ash Vs Evil Dead re-theme I used backlit film material for my translite and a few other things in the game that will be lit from behind. I knew I wanted to put a bat logo on my start button so I added a few logos in the dead white space on my other artwork so I could try it out. I made logos with blue, green, yellow, and white backgrounds.

20170402_080626-001 (resized).jpg20170402_080626-001 (resized).jpg

So I have a few extra's for free if anyone want to try one. Just send me a PM if interested.

20170402_082013 (resized).jpg20170402_082013 (resized).jpg

To install you need to take your existing start button apart. Replace the green disk in it with the trimmed logo for a perfect fit. You'll need to put a tiny dab of glue or tape between the edge of the logo and the button cover. That will keep the orientation of the correct correct. Otherwise it might rotate over time due to vibration.

#2127 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Batphone and wall are my favorites

If you want replace the dog chew toy style batphone and add the shakespear bust you have two options. The figures toy company sells action figure accesories including a batphone and a shakespeare bust. You can buy them by themselves or part of a kit with a while bunch of other stuff ( from bombs to batzooka's). Here is their website: http://figurestoycompany.com/classictvbatman8inchactionfiguresaccessorypack.aspx

The other option is the "To the Batcave" playset. Ive seen them sold at Toys r us or amazon. The items here are only available with the whole set, not individually. https://m.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54368326

The figures toy company has a bigger shakespeare bust and their batphone includes the cakepan. The phone with the cakepan isnt as nice looking as the one from the other set. Its not as translucent and is less detailed. So I took the phone from the batcave set and put it with the cake pan of figures toy company set.

Here's a pic to show the size differences between the two sets. The bigger bust is the toy fogures one. The phone shown next to it is the nicer batcave set phone.

rps20170402_145121 (resized).jpgrps20170402_145121 (resized).jpg

The figures toy company phone looks like this.
FTC_BTV_Access_OfficePhoneParts (resized).jpgFTC_BTV_Access_OfficePhoneParts (resized).jpg

#2145 7 years ago

Wow thats cool that you themed it a penguin centric game. You gotta add the eaglemoss "birdmobile" to it. Its based on the episode where penguin steals the batmobile and pimps it out as the birdmobile.

vlcsnap-2016-02-06-15h49m08s666 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2016-02-06-15h49m08s666 (resized).png
Birdmobile+6 (resized).jpgBirdmobile+6 (resized).jpg
b156e59c-3fbc-437d-a789-8935160f4b6b (resized).jpgb156e59c-3fbc-437d-a789-8935160f4b6b (resized).jpg

You gonna fit a pic of Ethel Merman as Lola Lasagne on there somewhere?

2015-03-06+21.17.52 (resized).jpg2015-03-06+21.17.52 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2248 7 years ago
Quoted from cadmium:

My right Catwoman ramp is lifting off the playfield. Any recommendations on how to get it flush again? I'm concerned that it will ding my balls and lift more as time goes on.

Check to see if the side of the ramp has a threaded post that goes through the playfield. If it does you can look for it under the playfield and tighten the nut on it if its loose.

#2262 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

yeah, just the lack of callouts and video assets properly integrated is a huge piece still missing.

At TPF George said Lyman prefers to save tweaking the callouts until the end of the development process.

#2284 7 years ago

Whoever got rhe shark repellent gadget on their game should hang this new Franchi print on the wall next to it

18033572_1712872885394483_6025123482710853178_n (resized).jpg18033572_1712872885394483_6025123482710853178_n (resized).jpg

#2297 6 years ago

Looks like hallmark will be putting out a 66 Batcopter this year. It has batman and robin in it. Not sure of the scale but it should be similar to hotwheels and eaglemoss ones.

http://explore.hallmark.com/pop-culture-shop/

batcopter-keepsake-ornament-256x256 (resized).jpgbatcopter-keepsake-ornament-256x256 (resized).jpg

#2300 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ok I've got the beer iced down now and I'm all set for a great drop!!

Id suggest to start drinking now. If there isnt a code drop by the end of the day you'll have drunk enough that you wont care.

#2316 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've hit him up on Facebook, and looks like he's not happy to send to Australia. Would anyone here be willing to have mine delivered to them, then on send it to me? Obviously I'd pay for the poster and shipping and would take responsibility for any damage.

I'll help you out if no one else has offered yet.

#2319 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I've already offered cooked71 over $1000 for his plaque to be swapped and he said no. The guy likes his Shark Repellent.

For $1000 I'd make you one that looks just like it and even have adam west sign it.

#2321 6 years ago

Plastics aren't too hard to replicate. Plus adam and burt will be in my area this august for a comicon. Easy peasy lemon squesy

#2325 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Yeah but then there are 2 people that have it! I'm sure you can probably make the super LE decals for 5k too!

Not sure about that. Those decals are an embosed metallic so I assume its a very specialized process. Probably costs a lot when you only print 1 set.

When you see them in person they look really nice. I hope they use that style in future LE games, hopefully not for 5k though.

#2343 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It'll be five weeks if another Gomez Drop hits on Thurs.

5 weeks weeks real time = 2 weeks Gomez time

#2362 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Bat Turn is appreciated. Nice to see the game get deeper in an unanticipated way.

I love that Lyman put the batmobile parachute pickup service in the game. Just played it and it's a really cool mode.

rps20170427_215207 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215207 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215314 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215314 (resized).jpg

rps20170427_215234 (resized).jpgrps20170427_215234 (resized).jpg

#2364 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

We now need a BPPS High Score added. Has a Combo Champion been added with this update?

I think there is a bat-turn champion now.

#2383 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It was weird, like the lights were off in the room in the video and there were just some Christmas lights on in the back. It got lighter toward the end. No idea what's up with that.

Here's whats up with what you saw.

This mode has the 4 main villains escaping out of jail and you need to round them back up. The earlier code used the animated cartoon style clips but for this code they switched to video clips from the show to show the breakout from Gotham penitentiary. The only video clips that have all 4 villains together was from the second to last episode in season 3 called "The Entrancing Dr. Cassandra" starring Ida Lupino as Dr Cassandra Spellcraft. Interesting fact: Ida was not only a movie star from the golden age of Hollywood but also the only female in the 50's who also produced and directed major films. She was the forst woman to direct a film noir, "The Hitch-Hiker".

In this episode Dr Cassandra and he husband come up with some invisibility pills. Their plan is to release all the Gotham super villains and also give them the invisibility pills so they can wreck havoc on Gotham. There is a brief clip where 6 major villains are shown escaping. they are Joker, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, Egghead and King Tut. By season 3 the ratings were dropping and the budgets were slashed so they cut as many corners as possible. In this case they saved money by having all the villains be played by stunt doubles not the actual actors. An interesting note is that Eartha Kitt was playing Catwoman in season 3 but for this episode the Catwoman double is someone picked to look like Julie Newmar instead.

2445286571_4eb82de04d (resized).jpg2445286571_4eb82de04d (resized).jpg
2445286785_409469c8c6_o (resized).jpg2445286785_409469c8c6_o (resized).jpg
2445287443_cefea395b0_o (resized).jpg2445287443_cefea395b0_o (resized).jpg
2446114488_6c9ae3c6d9_o (resized).jpg2446114488_6c9ae3c6d9_o (resized).jpg
Batman-Cassandra09 (resized).jpgBatman-Cassandra09 (resized).jpg

Not only were they too cheap to use the real actors (or even have any henchmen in this episode) they also had no budget to do the actual choreography for the big the fight scene with all the villains. So they improvised and decided to have all the villains take the invisibility potion first. This way Batman, Robin, and Batgirl are fighting invisible people.

Batman-Cassandra10 (resized).jpgBatman-Cassandra10 (resized).jpg
edc7 (resized).jpgedc7 (resized).jpg

The heroic trio don't do so well fighting invisible villains so they decide to even the odd by turning all the lights out. So half the fight is in the dark and all you see are some random lights in the background. That's what you are seeing in the video clip on the LCD during this mode. Here's a you tube clip where you can see it as it appeared in the show.

Here's what the writer, Stanley Ralph Ross, said about the episode:

“The producers ran over budget on this episode, and they could not afford to take the two days necessary to block and shoot the fight scenes. So, I wrote this episode in such a way that the fight was in the dark; therefore, the episode was shot in less time."

Here's a link to watch the whole fight from the beginning.

Looks like we definitely have batgirl in the game now, at least a little bit. Maybe in a future code update the video for this mode can be fixed. They could just get better close up shots of the villains from other episode fights and splice them together. Or maybe use clips from the movie (might not happen if they don't have rights to movie though). If Stern doesn't do it, someone could fix it with better clips via pinball browser.

#2392 6 years ago

Docquest's explanation is thorough and is certainly what I was seeing; however, it was not a great pinball experience.

I'm guessing all the tv show audio clips (not custom ones) and video clips are made before the game rules are done. I think the license holder gave them a ton of clips and callouts and put them in the code early on. Then when they are doing the game rules they go through the library of clips in the code and pick ones they think fit the mode.

I wonder if they realized that the mutli villain fight had a bunch of black screen in it towards the end of the clip when the lights go out. I can't image they'd put that part of it in there on purpose since it does look like something is broke when it plays and the screen goes mostly black. I bet they will update that in a future release.

#2395 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Received No:110, no I idea if it is an Episode or Gadget, haven't been able to open it yet due to work

C'mon get your priorities straight. We want tp know what you got!

Episode #110 was "The Funny Feline Felonies" which is a Joker and Catwoman episode which would be cool. Gadget #110 is ??????

#2397 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a list of episodes and gadgets doc? Although I wanted a a gadget I would be pretty happy if that's my episode! Two of my fav villains from the show sweet!

Great Batman 66 TV show reference:

http://tothebatpoles.blogspot.com

#2420 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

What to you do to activate this mode/video?

To activate Bat-Turn mode you need to hit the Batmobile spinner on the rotisserie. It doesnt matter its its a small hit that barely turns the or a big hit that spins it a lot. After you hit the spinner it wont register any additional hits for a few seconds.

Sine you need to hit the batmobile spinner to enable this mode its only available when you are in one of the villain modes since thats when the rotisserie has the batmobile spinner facing you.

Default number of hits to enable the Bat-Turn mode is 10 but you can change it in adjustments menu to be as low as 5. As you get closer to getting thee number of hits needed it will tell you on the LCD. For example, "3 more hits needed to enable Bat-Turn mode"

Once you hit it the required number of times you then need to hit the Atomic Pile shot to start the mode. The Atomic Pile shot is straight through the spinner and out the left side.

Once the Bat-Turn mode starts you have 40 seconds (time can be changed in adjustments menu). When you hit the batmobile spinner you are doing an "emergency bat turn". You'll see Batman hit the emergency turn lever, the bat chutes open, the batmobile does a 180, then the batmobile drops the chutes.

To pickup the chutes you need to hit a flashing white shot. The points to collect decrease the longer it takes to make a shot.

If you hit the batmobile spinner again then the timer resets back to 40 second, batmobile does another turn and drops another chute, and all the main shots re-light to pick up the chute.

3 weeks later
#2552 6 years ago

While we wait for the next code drop you can check out a decent interview with Batman66 artist Chris Franchi here:

https://www.acast.com/kanedaspinballpodcast/episode-125-christopher-franchi

#2567 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Batsignal on top is more coordinated with the two in the game (the physical one and the one on the plastic behind it). All three often turn on together, which is a nice change.

When you say "batsignal on top" are you regerring to the batsignal prohector that comes with the SLE topper?

And "the physical one" thats the mini bat signal that SLE owners also got that goes in the upper right corner of the playfield?

Does the mini one on the playfield now go on/off more than it did with the previous code?

#2569 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, the projector on top of the SLE, the mini one, and the one on the plastic behind the mini one are now finally all synced.

Thats awesome. Glad to see the mini playfield signal have more interactivity during gameplay. With prior code it flashed on/off during attract mode and at the start of ball 1 of each new game.

If non SLE owners want to add their own DIY batsignal just follow the my tutorial to make your own here:

Hopefully Stern will start selling the big topper batsignal projector soon. They showed them getting built in their last factory video so it should be soon.

#2588 6 years ago

I wish I could try the new code out. I tried the update and everything seemed fine then when I rebooted I got the node board runtime failure. Went to diagnostics and it says node board 24 (villain vision lcd board) is not initialized.

LCD was working fine before trying the update. Not sure why a firmware update would cause it to stop working.

Any debug ideas before I try calling Stern tomorrow.

#2604 6 years ago

Trying to debug my node board error after updating to the 0.75 code yesterday.

For anyone who did it sucessfully, if you go into the diagnostics menu and run the node board test what version number is shown for each board? Is it 0.1.0 or something else?

#2613 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Node 0 CPU is 0.1.0 all the rest on mine now show 0.20.4

Thanks. Thats what I have on mine except for node 24 (villain vision lcd node board) it just says not initialized. Was working fine before the update. Makes me nervous that an update can cause a board failure.

It seemed odd the CPU node had a different version than the others so I thought that might be part of the problem but it looks like thats what it should be.

My distributer is arranging to get a replacement sent from Stern. Hopefully this doesn't happen in the future (post warranty) since they are so expensive to replace. Based on the number of node board failure threads i've seen in pinside, it seems to happen quite a bit.

1 week later
#2685 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I wanted a blue start button badly as the green looks awfully out of place aesthetically.

Green button looks great when you put in the old school bat logo from the TV show opening credits.

20170401_215543 (resized).jpg20170401_215543 (resized).jpg

#2689 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Doc, the plan is to use bluenwith your decal idea

If anyone wants to print the TV credits logo for a blue or green button you can use these images to print.

bat_start_blue.jpgbat_start_blue.jpg

bat_start_green.jpgbat_start_green.jpg

#2693 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Awesome doc! Could you knock up other colours? Like maybe a white version?

Like this?

bat_start_mono.jpgbat_start_mono.jpg

bat_start_yellow.jpgbat_start_yellow.jpg

#2712 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Okay, so we're about half way in between the most recent and next BM66 code updates and there's not a lot to talk about until the next code drop, except the crazy SW threads, so what do we all think is coming in the next code update? Keeping in mind that there was quite a bit of polish and some new clips in the last update, though a couple of the primary modes are probably in line to catch up to the last update's polish. Here are the most likely options I could think of:
1 - A surprise new mode like Bat Turn. (This is my personal vote and hope right now)
2 - Implementation of Minor Villains.
3 - A much bigger implementation of Gadgets than what we've seen thus far.
4 - Implementation of Seasons.
5 - Wizard or Minor Wizard modes, creation, updates, or polish.
6 - A substantial amount (shit load) of new call outs and video clips.
7 - Just a lot more polish, bug fixes, etc., kind of like the last update.
So, what's on your minds if you care to opine?

If you look at the different text strings in pinball browser (last version of code you can use it with is 0.69) the Bat-turn text messages were there but I didn't see references to any other mode except for "Batusi Champion Award", I think that might be an upcoming multiball or wizard mode. Maybe there is stuff in the code after 0.69 but pinball browser doesn't work with those versions yet.

Curious how the minor villains will be implemented. There are texts in there that say things like "Shame 59/60, "Egghead 29/30" so I suspect the some of the minor villain modes will entail a crap load of shots to complete. There is also a setting for minor villain super jackpots as well.

Based on the text strings in the 0.69 code, I think you will only be able to select a minor villain if the season they were in has been lit. For example Shame was only in season 2 and 3 so if you didn't light those seasons yet then he can't be selected. Interestingly in the code text strings, it shows Mr Freeze as only listed for season 2. The Mr Freeze character was also in season 1 as well but was played by a different actor. The Mr Freeze used in the game art is the Otto Preminger version and he was only in season 2 so I think that why he is only selectable in season 2. Batgirl was only in season 3, maybe she'll pop up in future code as a selectable season 3 minor mode?

In one of Franchi interviews he said something about the need to get the artwork for all 120 bat gadget artwork done by a certain point so it could be used to make the plaques and be added to the code. So maybe we'll see each gadget actually get a specific name/picture on the LCD when you earn them?

I'm also hoping for more call outs and video clips. In the star wars thread people are getting excited about the mention of 400 video clips. Batman has whopping 1800 video clips in the code and it will be awesome if it actually uses all of them in future code.

#2719 6 years ago

Stern was very fortunate to get him (and Burt) to do the hundreds of custom call outs for the game last year. I'm assuming he was probably the oldest guy they ever got to do custom call outs on a pinball machine. He really went all out on a lot of them. After talking to him at a show this spring he said really enjoyed doing it.

We can look forward to his next Batman animated film which I think he finished the voice work for already:

http://www.slashfilm.com/batman-return-of-the-caped-crusaders-sequel/

#2731 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Had my BM66LE re-unboxing tonight

"re-unboxing" ???

Is that where you break down the machine, put all the foam packing blocks on it, slide it back into the box, tape it all back up, then wait a day or so and then pull it back out to re-live the feeling?

#2741 6 years ago

The Stern accessories wait for this machine is getting ridiculous.

Quoted from jfh:

I'm guessing they haven't sold enough games yet to make doing accessories worthwhile.

In the last factory tour video they were making bat signal projectors for the LE toppers so at least we should be seeing those.

#2752 6 years ago

Finally got around to adding some authentic tv music

How did you do that? I thought pinball broswer didnt work with the latest code releases?

#2768 6 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

A bit of a digression but,
I would love to see a book made of all the cards in the batman pinballs. This does not already exist does it? Like this Mars attacks book?
Reason is I am a huge fan of that card art.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mars+attacks+book&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

You might like this as a reference

http://www.cardboardconnection.com/batman-trading-cards

#2777 6 years ago

They just showed boxes and boxes of "Bat Signal Topper Kits" on the Stern live stream.

Those boxes look kinda big to just be the bat signal proector thast was on the SLE toppers. I wonder if those are actually premium toppers that also include a bat signal projector.

If so I hope they still plan to offer just the batsignal projector for the LE owners who already have a topper.

#2788 6 years ago

Kinda odd that these alleged toppers are ready to leave the factory and Stern hasn't given so much as a teaser.

I think the factory video on their facebook page was their teaser.

Quoted from jfh:

The rumored Premium topper is totally different though since the Premium does not have the boards in the back box to drive the topper like the S/LEs do.

Maybe the premium toppers include the node boards to run them. For other spike games with optional toppers like Kiss, Game of Thrones, or Ghostbusters does the topper come with node boards or did the games have the node boards already in the backbox?

#2797 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Reply to docquest; my GB/PRe topper just plugged right in! No node board was inclosed!

My KISS topper came with no extra boards.

So was there already an existing node board in the backbox that it plugged into?

Or maybe there is a node board built into the topper itself?

I've heard different rumors regarding the premium topper. One was that it was a gotham skyline another was that it had the villains on it Maybe a combination of both?

#2799 6 years ago

It plugged into the CPU node board. The main/standard board in the backbox.

Ok so i guess they just put the node board inside the topper then. Looking at the batman66 LE topper I'm guessing they put the node board in the back box because they wasnt enough room for it in the topper itself.

#2814 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not really giving any details away, that haven't already been said so don't see the harm in sharing.
Projectors will be available within the next couple of weeks.
Premium topper is 100% different to the LE, but still "very cool" and will also be compatible with the projectors.

Have you heard what the projector price might be?

#2822 6 years ago

Lyman will be at the pintastic show in 2 weeks. Maybe he'll have a Batman66 code update in time for the show.

#2890 6 years ago

The premium topper looks cool but it would have been even cooler if the art wasn't a direct copy of the existing playfield art. Looks like its using the fluorescent acrylic stuff? Wonder if it will just randomly light up or will they try and light villains up as their mode starts.

Seems odd that the accessories are not being sold by Stern directly. I guess we'll have to call around to see what the actual price is. Wonder if the price will vary dealer to dealer. If you get a good price please post it here to let others know.

#2894 6 years ago

Agree with Doc. While the topper is cool it seems very repetitive. No way will Stern charge $400-$500 for this. Or will they!?

Don't forgot it needs node boards for premium users, one for the topper and another for the bat projector. Those boards are not cheap.

#2912 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

On the code update;I got it that Mr Lyman has been taken off the B66 for other projects! He will be doing any more code from home in his spare time!! If this is correct,it may be awhile to get to 1.0!! Anyone else hear this????Code .75 is fun!!

Another way to look at this. IF (big if) there is any truth to this rumor it could be that the next code update is 1.0 and is basically done (except for maybe some outstanding bug fixes). That could be a valid reason for Lyman to move on to support other projects.

#2919 6 years ago

I'm lost....what Bat signal do you need to go with the topper?

Very confusing. The pictures for with base or without look the same. But the dimesions for the with base one look huge. Maybe the with base if for people who have no topper at all and the base is the large flat top that spans the whole top of the back box. If you look at the pic of the premium topper you can see the large flat base.

If you just want the batsignal projector but not the topper you need the wide metal base piece to mate with the existing back box screw holes to attach the topper.

So do all versions have a node board to drive it? LE owners should not need that since they have that already fpr their existing topper.

It says the topper is interactive. I wonder if it will be more interactive than the LE topper which doesnt do anything with gameplay (so far at least).

#2980 6 years ago

On a lighter note I'm super thrilled with my upgraded signed Adam West card.

Cool card where'd you get that?

#3044 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't go too crazy. Probably only 0.76-0.79, but maybe a nice, round 0.80.

I'm hoping for 1.0, l know its a longshot but you never know.

#3053 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Clarity on beacon....got mine and installed on my LE today...took 10 minutes...Molex was there...interacts fine ( on during attract mode, only cycles w batphone during gameplay...very neat).

Doeas the batsignal have a focus adjustment on it so you can get a crisp sharp image regardless of your projection distance?

#3064 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Sorry, just got on here.....yes, actually has an optical lens that can be focused properly by sliding the tube assembly.
My ceiling is low (8'), so image is oblong, but focuses nicely ( sharp bat lines, sort border edges, but remember it's only a $200.00 projector...perfect for application imho). I've moved the image around to get proper border shape...focuses fine, but my lineup doesn't allow me to put it where I'd really like it...on the side wall. Looks great, however. For those with tall ( 10') ceilings, you'll have more aiming options. Very nice effect to enhance the Batphone.

So for those that have the game controlled mini bat-signal in the back right corner of the playfield, does the topper projector come on/off the same time that one does?

#3073 6 years ago

I finally figured this out. Aside from where the connections are Stern's instructions are useless. These steps are ONLY for those trying to connect the beacon to the new PRE topper on a PRE BM66. Make sure you have the correct beacon. The one that is $249.99 (SP49). You will essentially be combining the topper and the beacon into one unit.
-If you have the PRE topper already installed without the beacon you'll need to disconnect and remove it.
-Remove the access cover on the PRE topper and set aside. You don't need it. Notice the 8 extra threaded studs. Your beacon boards will attach to these.
-Next you need to remove the beacon, box, both boards and wiring from the base its mounted to. Set this base aside. You don't
need it.
-Transfer and install these parts to the base of the topper including all nuts and standoffs. Make sure to feed wires through hole. Also makes sure the cutout in the box is facing the front of the backbox. You don't want to pinch any wires.
-Secure the beacon with the 2 nuts you removed in step 2.
-Secure the topper with the 4 Phillips screws located in each corner on top of the backbox.
-Connect topper to CN6 on the power distribution board.
-Connect RJ45 of the beacon to CN12 of the CPU.
-Plug the power connector with the gray and black wires to CN7 of the power distribution board.
-Dress the wires with existing clamps.
You don't need the base the beacon comes with but you need the connections. Beacon has focus adjustment. Still have no clue where the supposed option to turn the Bat signal on in the menu is. Signal is static during attract mode. Turns off at gameplay start and only lights static when the Bat phone is flashing. I'm going to contact Chas tomorrow and ask about the menu option. Also tell him that they NEED to include instructions for mounting the beacon to the new PRE topper. They can't really expect a first time owner to figure this out.

Wow it sounds so intuitive.

For the price of these you'd think it wouldnt be too much to ask for some proper documentation to put it together.

Maybe Stern will give you a free topper for creating install documentation for them.

They should have sold the premium topper in 2 flavors: one with the beacon pre installed and one without it. A little more work from them up front but less work than fielding numerous phone calls from confused and frustrated customers trying to put it together.

The beacon does look very cool though all lit up.

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

"Nope" in reference to Docs question regarding if it comes on at the same time as the mini beacon. Topper unit cycles w Batphone...

I was wondering if they were using the same signal line to activate the big beacon and the smaller on. Sounds like they are independent of one another.

I saw this bat signal that comes out next week. It looks like its about the same size at about 5 inches tall and projects up to 20 ft away. You would need to chage the lens to the tv style and it doesnt appear to have a focus adjustment buts its 1/8 the price of the Stern version.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/batman-running-press/1125366440?ean=9780762462162

DCL48276lg (resized).jpgDCL48276lg (resized).jpg

51cGU2vsByL._SY362_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg51cGU2vsByL._SY362_BO1,204,203,200_ (resized).jpg

#3076 6 years ago

So has anyone found a speaker light kit that works with the newer spike lcd speaker panels yet?

#3084 6 years ago

Newer style logo on the topper? I can think of at least 3 different logos used on the show. Batman's costume, Batmobile and Bat signal logos. All are from '66. I'm ok with it.

I think the premium topper bat logo was chosen to match Batma's chest emblem. On the SLE speaker panel they also used that similar style.

Since the topper represents the Gotham skyline at night, the actual bat signal logo style might have been more appropriate then the chest emblem style.

rps20170629_081434 (resized).jpgrps20170629_081434 (resized).jpg

rps20170629_081419 (resized).jpgrps20170629_081419 (resized).jpg

rps20170629_081853 (resized).jpgrps20170629_081853 (resized).jpg

#3115 6 years ago

This is a total guess, but I'd bet we're 13 days from the next legit chance at code. It wouldn't surprise me if Stern is closed Monday & Tuesday giving only Wednesday to tie up any loose ends for a Thursday (7/6/17) release. That's also assuming the right staff is in the office to do a code release on the 6th and 7th.
It's certainly possible that something wasn't quite ready and can be buttoned down before Thursday. However, the 13th seems more likely than a holiday shortened week.

Lyman is scheduled to be at the pintastic show next week. I think Gabe said he has family in new england so my guess would be he is out of the office all of next week.

If a release is in process and in the testing phase then maybe he doesnt need to be onsite for that. But if something doesnt come out today I agree it probably would be at least another 2 weeks until we see the next update.

#3128 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone tried putting a better model of the Batmobile on the spinner yet?

Hotwheels has released a whole slew of batmobiles over the years. The one they used on my turntable is kind of weird. It's a matte black finish with black flames on it. I saw an older hotwheels batmobile (still 1:50 scale) at a comic show that was glossy black and no flames so I got that one to replace mine. The only thing I didn't like about the replacement was that the double bubble canopy was tinted blue instead of clear. So I took the clear top one off my original and put it on my glossy batmobile. Pics below show the original as well as my replacement.

Hotwheels released a 1:87 scale batmobile in 2009. It appears more detailed in pics I'v seen of it but I haven't seen one in person. That is smaller than the hotwheels version so it would fit on the turntable. Not sure if it would look too small though.

matte (resized).jpgmatte (resized).jpg
shiny (resized).jpgshiny (resized).jpg

Hallmark also released a classic 66 batmobile a few years back that also appears to be nicely detailed but I don't know its size. Hallmark has a batcopter coming out in a few weeks that has batman and robin figures in it. Would have to see it in person to decide if it would look better than the eaglemoss one or not.

copter (resized).jpgcopter (resized).jpg

#3129 6 years ago

I've got a low ceiling issue so I've been going back and forth deciding if I want the batsignal projector or not. Wasn't sure how a side projection would look but those images by RebelGuitars look pretty sweet. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/63#post-3844184

#3134 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I didn't realise eaglemoss did 1:50 scale BM66 models will have to check those out.

Eaglemoss looks biggerthan 1:50. Maybe 1:43? The eaglemoss copter, boat, and batmobile are all bigger than the hotwheels versions.

Quoted from J85M:

I have the Hallmark Batmobile has great detail, very show accurate.

Whats the size on the hallmark batmobile? Would it fit on the turntable spinner?

#3151 6 years ago
Quoted from Bamatami:

I spoke with a pinball seller/repairer with quite a few years of experience. He says there will definitely be a "pro" model somewhere down the line. I just wanted other opinions. Yes, it means more $$ for Kapow, but if demand is high, they both will be making a lot of $$.

I can't image Stern making a pro version. As its been stated already multiple times, the premium is really the pro but they had to jack the price to cover Kapow licensing so they decided to call it a premium.

Just for the sake of argument, if they wanted to make a less expensive version of the game what could they possibly remove or dumb down? They really couldn't because there's nothing they could take out and still have a decent game left.

1 week later
#3222 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If anyone with a BM66 is attending Pintastic and if Lyman is there as people have said he might be attending, maybe someone could ask him.
Obviously don't hound him but anyone who's attending could politely ask Lyman what's the plan for BM66 code, more likely to get an honest answer from him than George, fact he just liked a Facebook post by neilmcrae and gave no response was lame!

Im at the show and lyman wasnt here yesterday. I hope he comes today.

There are no Batman66's at the show at all so Gabe asked if I could put my LE in the Project Pinball booth for $1 donation to them per play. I would have loved to but I still havent recieved my replacement node board yet so I couldn't bring it.

#3225 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Which board are you waiting on Doc?
I'm getting a new topper node board.

Node board 24 which is the mini LCD. Was working fine then when I did the 0.75 update it put up a message that it was bad and hasnt worked since.

#3248 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

and the sales were crappy because of the alpha code.

Poor sales was also likely due to the higher price tag. Everyone pretty much agrees the Batman66 premium is really a pro features wise with a premium/LE pricetag.

#3306 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

The only way Stern is going to change and do things better is if we all stop buying games until the do, and we all know that's not going to happen.

I think it is happening for some of us and will happen to even more of us as time goes on unless Stern makes some changes.

My whole Batman66 experience has soured me from getting a NIB Star Wars. I'm not much of a power buyer but I've bought 4 NIB Sterns over the last few years (Tron LE, Tron pro, Star Trek premium, and Batman66 LE). I'm a middle aged guy with disposable income so I should be Stern's prime demographic to buy NIB premium/LE pins for home use.

Things like the forced 2K preorder, game not being playable at expo, empty code once it finally shipped, slow (and getting slower) trickle of mediocre code updates, overly long downtime to wait for a replacement node board, have all left a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like Stern doesnt understand that they are alienating a large portion of their repeat customers with the way they market their new products and support their older products.

Most of it is my fault for buying it based on what was shown initially but it was a dream theme for me and I jumped on the hype train because I didnt want to miss out on an LE. If I was smart and waited I could have picked a nice HUO LE for $1.5K to $1k less than what I paid. I still like the game a lot even in its current code state and feel confident Lyman will do a good job with the final code (who knows how long that will take though).

I'm a huge Star Wars fan. I saw the original Star Wars at the theater and have been to the opening night of every Star Wars movie since then. I still have an original 40x60 poster hanging in my basement that I've owned since I was a teenager. But after my last NIB experience, I'll be waiting this one out. I'm sure there will be plenty of nice HUO ones in the used market down the road. I see no reason to jump in early on this one. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

rps20170713_182347 (resized).jpgrps20170713_182347 (resized).jpg

#3314 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I can't afford to gamble on what Stern is becoming - a company that cares more about quantity than quality and seems to have little regard for what it takes to want customers to become repeat customers.

My local Honda dealership bends over backwards to make sure I'm a happy customer. Free wi-fi, TV, video games, soft drinks, snacks and popcorn in service waiting area. Free car wash and vaccum with my oil changes. Follow up emails after my car purchase to see how its going. They act like they really appreciate that I choose them over the other dealers and want me to come back for more, which I have and likely continue to do so.

As a Stern customer I don't feel that at all. A good example is the big 30'th anniversary party at expo. After paying to get in and then having to pay again paying for food or drinks I felt like I was the one throwing the party for the Stern management team vs the other way around.

The home market is becoming a much bigger component of their sales base I think they will need to cater to the customer a little better if they want to survive long term. This is an area where the other companies like JJP and Spooky could really swoop in and steal Stern home use customers just by treating them better.

I still like a lot of Sterns games and will undoubtedly buy more in the future, I just think it will be on the second hand market vs NIB.

#3315 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

My bat sense tells me that Lyman is working on something else right now, which would explain why the last release contained tweaks and mostly tightened up what was already there.

Or this is the "big" update coming next so its taking longer to get everything implemented. Maybe that's why he was a no-show at pintastic, he had his nose to the grindstone working on BM66 code.

#3321 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Rumour is the next Kapow will be Munsters or Beatles, surely if Stern have any sense (which is questionable at this point) they need to get BM66 in good shape if they want future SLE models to be successful?
It is tragic really just how bad Stern are at customer service and social media interaction with their customer base.

If they did Munsters I wonder if thy would get Franchi for the art? Seems like that would be right up his alley. Whatever his next game for Stern is, the art is done according to his facebook page.

ml5 (resized).JPGml5 (resized).JPG

#3329 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is your game mostly sitting waiting for new code? Or are you playing as much as you expected to, code level notwithstanding?

Mine has been sitting since 0.75 came out since my node board stopped working with that update. Once the replacement is here it'll be like new code for me since I couldnt run the 0.75 yet.

#3336 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Franchi is doing art on next Kapow
What's pathetic is that I'm sure they have Lyman focused on Elvira 3 pre launch
Why not finish up BM66 and ship Elvira with no F ing code.
Wtf

You have inside sources about the kapow game or is this just a guess?

#3342 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He said it himself in an interview

Cool. Is it posted online anywhere?

#3359 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The skeleton for amazing code is already there.

I have no doubt Lyman will get some amazing code in there but I think another aspect that will really make it shine is the variety of video clips and custom call outs. If you think about it when was the last Stern game that had had hundreds and hundreds of custom call outs by the primary actors for one of their games. Ghostbusters had Ernie Hudson which was great but imagine if they also had Bill Murray and Dan Akroyd in there as well.

Batman66 had Adam West and Burt Ward as well as a great sound alike of the TV narrator during hundreds of custom callouts (plus there are thousands of audio and video clips from the show itself). The new Star Wars clips look great but there is only 6 hours of material to pull from so I think there will be some repetitiveness after a while. Batman has 120 episodes to pull from so about 10X what Star Wars has. So if they use all the sound and video that's in the latest code it will be an amazing package. The 0.75 code has 4570 sound clips and 2124 video clips, you can see/hear them all with the latest v6.0 version of pinball browser.

Its gonna be great to hear Adam West spout out stuff like:

"He deliberately bricks shots to confound us"

"Watchit chum, plum-bob safety"

"We all know how this flailing flipper maestro operates"

"If I could just make that one last shot" (spoken in a halting stilted shatner-esque tone)

So glad they got a Adam and Burt to do the call outs. There is also a ton of great stuff with the narrator (perfect impression of "Desmond Doomsday"). It will be interesting to see how Lyman integrates those with the Adam and Burt Stuff.

#3364 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As for Premium sales, I have heard from more than a few people who were going to buy Batman but are holding off to see what happens with the code. Classic Catch-22. There are multiple distributors that have told Stern "No thanks" when asked to take more Premiums. And (it seems) almost entirely code driven - Stern isn't going to sell what they could (or expected) with the current code level.

In the market ad for Batman premium Automated has the line "New code keeps coming out" so they know that lack of code is holding people back from buying it.

#3365 6 years ago

I finally got my replacement node board 24 (this is the villain vision mini LCD) this weekend. This was the one that gave me a node board run time failure when I did the 0.75 update in May. The new one works perfectly. Nice to finally see the added content on the mini LCD with the 0.75 (jackpot animations, tilt,etc). I noticed that the serial number on my replacement ended with a "B" while the original ended with an "A" so something was changed since mine was built. I also noticed the replacement had plastic washers under the mounting screws that weren't on the original.

While I had the game opened up I added a few mods that I had but didn't install yet. I added the shooter lane protector. Seeing Lyman's signature on the playfield gives me hope he won't abandon the code on this one.

20170715_154221 (resized).jpg20170715_154221 (resized).jpg

#3367 6 years ago

I also added a Batmobile near the shooter lane. I used the Eaglemoss version which is a little bigger and more detailed than the Hot Wheels one. The Eaglemoss one has a plastic bracket that is used to mount it to its display case. I reused that bracket and a piece of acrylic I cut to mount it. I mounted the car via the bracket to the acrylic then using 2 spacers mounted that assembly above the shooter lane. I might add an LED on the jet exhaust later on.

20170715_170731 (resized).jpg20170715_170731 (resized).jpg

20170715_210848 (resized).jpg20170715_210848 (resized).jpg

#3369 6 years ago

I also got the Hallmark Batcopter that just came out. I had the Eaglemoss copter and the Hot Wheels copter but I like the fact that the Hallmark copter had little Batman and Robin figures in it. I took a few pics of the three side by side in case others wanted to see the size differences. The Eaglmoss is the biggest and most detailed. The Hot Wheels one is the smallest and least detailed. The hallmark falls in the middle size wise and detail wise.

20170715_155844 (resized).jpg20170715_155844 (resized).jpg
20170715_155931 (resized).jpg20170715_155931 (resized).jpg
20170715_155942 (resized).jpg20170715_155942 (resized).jpg

I mounted it using some 0.041" lock wire from harbor freight:
https://www.harborfreight.com/0041-inch-stainless-steel-lock-wire-1-lb-coil-8895.html

The Hallmark copter already has a screw on the bottom so you just cut a length of wire, make a loop on one end to go around the copter screw and a loop on the other end to go around the screw that holds the left ramp to the left plastic.

20170716_142532 (resized).jpg20170716_142532 (resized).jpg
20170715_210807 (resized).jpg20170715_210807 (resized).jpg
20170715_210820 (resized).jpg20170715_210820 (resized).jpg
20170715_210730 (resized).jpg20170715_210730 (resized).jpg

#3370 6 years ago

Also added my flipper fidelity sound kit I picked up at Allentown but hadn't installed yet. I also had a speaker light kit to go with it. When you order the speakers you specify if you will be using speaker light kit with it or not.

http://flipperfidelity.com/sound/stern-speaker-systems/stern-spike-speaker-system-with-10-high-output-woofer.html

I got the speaker lights from pinball life. You need the round style for Batman66.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3068

They said in the description that its compatible with all stern machines but these do not fit Batman66 without modifications. The screw posts for the existing speakers are spaced just a little farther apart than the holes on the speaker light frame. If you drill the existing holes on the speaker light frame kit just a little bigger then it fits. I used a 1/4" drill bit and it make the holes just big enough to work.

These lights come with a remote control to choose color, brightness, and fade or flash delay times. There is a grid pattern in the speaker panel that shows up when its lit but I still think it looks OK.

The new speakers interfere with the strings that hold the front speaker panel so the panel doesn't drop as far as it used to. you can relocate the strings to use the outer screws but then it drops a little to far. If you have the key in it it will hit the glass so I just left the strings in their original position.

20170715_210637 (resized).jpg20170715_210637 (resized).jpg

Putting the cabinet woofer in took a little work. One of the posts on the existing speaker was bent quite a bit. I was able to straighten it out but the threads got deformed in the process which made it hard to remove the nut. The post itself has "fins" on it to grip the hole its in to keep it from spinning. Those got stripped removing the nut. I put a new bolt in there with a lock washer to hold it together better.

20170715_194709 (resized).jpg20170715_194709 (resized).jpg
20170715_202322 (resized).jpg20170715_202322 (resized).jpg

Pics below show the speaker lights on and off. I'm tinkering with some kind of bat logo to put on the outside of the speaker panel. I think I like the red logo with a white outline similar to what is used on the Batmobile door.

20170716_155044 (resized).jpg20170716_155044 (resized).jpg
20170716_155121 (resized).jpg20170716_155121 (resized).jpg
red logo (resized).jpgred logo (resized).jpg

#3371 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks great doc! Love the Gotham City sign too that's a nice touch and makes perfect sense in the shooter lane.

Thanks.

I bought the sign from the Mezels. Those guys have some great stuff.

https://mezelmods.com/collections/batman-66-pinball

#3374 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

All I can say....oldest daughter with husband came by last weekend ( 30 years old).....college daughter ( 20 years old) here all day today with fiancé .....they ONLY played BM66 ( a lot) the entire time while gaming, out of all my pins. I think people underestimate the appeal of this title....

Based on the other pins listed in your collection thats saying something.

#3376 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I had seen it before, I thought it was a mod made by ulekstore

Probably, I think some of the mod makers share stuff on each others websites to increase their exposure.

#3399 6 years ago

...the add on Bat signals are complete garbage. EVERY single one is scratched on the inner lens from the factory. I purchased 3 different beacons and all 3 are junk. The last one I had would only power up if I wiggled the cord. And even that one was scratched up. I've spent over a month and hours of my time monkeying around with these and trying to get one that is remotely worth the price.

I was going to buy the Stern topper batsignal but have decided not to based on reading this type of feedback from you and others. I think I'm gonna try one of these and see how it looks:

https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Die-Cast-Bat-Signal-Running-Press/dp/0762462167

Its only $17, 5" tall die cast metal, has a full 360 swivel plus up/down tilt. I'll try and modify the lens to be the TV style and see how it looks.

#3401 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doc I think there is a tv accurate one already out there, I thought someone had posted it in this thread, but I can't find the post now

Yes here:

http://tmmello1965.wixsite.com/fanmade/bat-signal

I posted that in my DIY mini batsignal thread. His looks great but its quite a bit more expensive. I'm more of the DIY type so I want to see what I can do with the cheapy amazon mass produced version.

#3405 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Doc, do you know if this one can be plugged to our Pins, or just has to be conected to the wall?
Regards
Paulo JC

Runs on 3 AAA so it should be able to run off of 5v from the machine if you wired it that way.

#3442 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

No goodie bag at all with B66. Hard to believe really, given the way this thing was marketed.

Did you have a bag with extra stickers in yours like this?

20170113_120600 (resized).jpg20170113_120600 (resized).jpg

#3450 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don't have any of those decals

Is yours an LE? Maybe it was a LE vs Premium differentiator?

#3452 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah LE #110 here, which is sweet as its a double villain episode

Maybe a call to Stern or your distibutor to ask if you can get the spare decal package you seem to be missing?

I think my previous Stern machines all came with extra target decals.

#3455 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

crap, now I have to check tonight too when I get home!
a coin door decal would've been nice.

Whats the coin door decal people are referring to look like?

#3458 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

the horizontal decal that are on a lot of Sterns. Like Tron or ACDC have. Would've been nice to get a decal with some Franchi artwork on the coindoor

I thought some people had it and some people didnt. Looks like no one has one for Batman66. Good mod opportunity I guess.

#3468 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

One of my mates produced this one extendo.

If you want to print your own you can get tgat image from franchis facebook page. He has a few others there that would make a nice coin door decal.

14706931_1502153056466468_9188481110394378502_o.jpg14706931_1502153056466468_9188481110394378502_o.jpg
14054246_1431631266851981_591492903598917518_n.jpg14054246_1431631266851981_591492903598917518_n.jpg
14523172_1489993481015759_2909179212299568188_n.jpg14523172_1489993481015759_2909179212299568188_n.jpg

14067474_1429706810377760_6616261164617357973_n (resized).jpg14067474_1429706810377760_6616261164617357973_n (resized).jpg

13925140_1425742257440882_5476260397047160568_n (resized).jpg13925140_1425742257440882_5476260397047160568_n (resized).jpg

#3476 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Went with Mezel on this one. Pure purple, and a nice tidy mounting setup ( in aluminum channel that uses (2x) brackets w 2 small screws to hold it secure). Turned out great
I did (4x) 2' sections, 2 under, 2 on the back.
I always install a dedicated 40amp, 12v power supply in all my machines to handle my led fix ( underglow, shooter rod, buttons, etc. ) distributed with the DK board. Gives me peace of mind that Im not taxing the main games PS.

Wow 40 amps! You can do a lot of mods with that. Are you using the service outlet to power that supply? Do you have a relay in line with that so the external mod power supply is only on when the game is turned on? This is what I've been looking at to add so my external supply is only active when the game is on.

http://www.digital-loggers.com/iot.html

#3491 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. Stern featured my game room on their Facebook page a while back. It's my Star Trek Holodeck.
The set pieces are from Star Trek: Enterprise. Karl Urban autographed his pic next to my ST:LE "Damn it Jim - Just play pinball and talked to me for about 10 minutes about my collection and pinball in general with about 100 people in line wondering what the hell we were talking about.

That is awesome! Themed rooms are so cool.

#3523 6 years ago

I wish Stern sold these blades.

20246093_1831235873558183_4277468724842115967_n (resized).jpg20246093_1831235873558183_4277468724842115967_n (resized).jpg

19260249_1831235920224845_3519278632443352318_n (resized).jpg19260249_1831235920224845_3519278632443352318_n (resized).jpg

#3567 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Lyman is at pinburgh doing his thing so doubt there will be any code this week!

Unless he already passed it to the firmware test group for their evaluation.

Star Wars code came out so maybe some BM66 will come out today as well.

#3643 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I know for a fact he is working hard on it.....I am really stoked for this next version......

So was there any kind of forewarning or tease for the big code updates on TWD or MET when they came out or did it just show out of the blue one day?

#3675 6 years ago

Someone ask about it on the Star Wars LE live stream tonight.

I would but im taking the kids to see Baby Driver tonight. They just got their permits to drive so this will be a good movie to show them how to drive.

#3695 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think Batman 66 has the best theme integration out of all the Stern machines.

I agree and it will only get better when they add all the custom speech from Adam and Burt and more interactivity with the villain vision mini LCD.

Quoted from iceman44:

This pin is going to do a 180 sales wise when the code is done

I think there will be a sales uptick when code is complete but I think the price premium on this one will hold it back a bit.

Even though its called a premium, the MSRP for Batman66 is still $700 higher than Star Wars or Aerosmith premiums and $900 more than Ghostbuster or Game of Thrones premium.

#3697 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I would like to think this is true but I know there are a number of distributors that have refused Stern's request to take more Premiums because of the code situation.
It's pretty clear that most who have the LEs/SLEs are in this for the long haul, but is it already too late to jump start Premium sales? AS, SW are out and the next game is likely to be announced before the end of the year so Batman will be "4 games old" before Batman comes off of the "we can't sell this game because of the Alpha code situation list".
How does Stern win back potential buyers who might take another look when the game is finished?
Can they?

I think its hard to regain lost momentum long after the launch hype and the 50'th/30'th anniversary tie in.

If (a very big if) code is complete by year end it will have even more competition by then. By end of the year we should see JJP #4, Spooky with TNA and Alice Cooper, Probably Houdini all of which will probably be cheaper than a BM66 premium. Plus the anticipation for upcoming games will be high for Elivra #3 (with Lyman code?), Ben Heck's next game and maybe other Sterns like Guardians of Galaxy or Deadpool might keep peoples wallet closed for an "older" game like BM66 at a extra premium price.

#3700 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Same thing happened with TWD - sales slow to start with then the Lymanator came along and it was hastalavista baby and the orders flowed.

But those didn't have the burden of a $700 - $900 MSRP price increase compared to other premiums it was competing against. Maybe dealers can mark BM66 price down to match the other premiums? Not sure if Stern allows them to do that though.

#3702 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Was just about to say the same thing.
Lowering BM66 premium price would certainly be something worst considering but then you risk alienating all your earlier adopters.
The best route for them might be to include the Premium topper with a game
NIB, some incentive that will alienate as few of your earlier buyers.

The crane and turntable mechanisms are probably pretty expensive on the BOM so that coupled with Kapow license cost is probably what drove them into the higher price point. Not sure what you could strip from the premium to get the price down any further. The crane and turntable are integral to the gameplay so they have to stay. I guess a change to plastic ramps and removing the little spinner by the pops could be done without too much effect on gameplay. You could get rid of the joker magnet and the batmobile spinner on the turntable but then you start taking the fun out of it.

#3703 6 years ago

Anyone notice the alternative BM66 art blades at marco:

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7029-00

side_blades1 (resized).jpgside_blades1 (resized).jpg

It has a Stern part number but says its out of stock. I also didn't see it on the Stern store website. These blades features Batgirl and Catwoman along with Batman and Robin. Its a little more dynamic than the one with just the words on it that Stern put on the LE's/SLE's and sell at the stern store. Still not any new art though, just re-using some stuff that is already on the game.

The best choice for art blades would be the ones made by BM66 artist Chris Franchi that Stern decided not to use. It features a full collage of all the 120 Bat-Gadget drawings he did for the LE gadget plaques. I can't understand why Stern decided not to sell them. Its new art that's otherwise not on the game made by the artist to fit in with the rest of his art package. The 60's retro tech asthetic looks great and compliments the theme of the game so well. Chris had a single set made for his personal BM66 machine and thats it.

https://www.facebook.com/169657579716029/videos/pcb.1831238746891229/1831235820224855/?type=3&theater

side_blades2 (resized).jpgside_blades2 (resized).jpg
side_blades3 (resized).jpgside_blades3 (resized).jpg
side_blades4 (resized).jpgside_blades4 (resized).jpg

Maybe if enough of us asked Stern they might think about making it available at the Stern store?

#3747 6 years ago

Batman seemed a little OCD with his incessant labeling of everything in the batcave.

batcave1 (resized).jpgbatcave1 (resized).jpg
tumblr_lkhwl9gp4W1qfdxepo1_500 (resized).jpgtumblr_lkhwl9gp4W1qfdxepo1_500 (resized).jpg
CfIcBsAWIAACV7k (resized).jpgCfIcBsAWIAACV7k (resized).jpg

But it wasnt just him, seems everyone in Gotham liked to label things.

DDmRV0MXkAAugGA (resized).jpgDDmRV0MXkAAugGA (resized).jpg
DDhiH0zXsAA03Ya (resized).jpgDDhiH0zXsAA03Ya (resized).jpg
DFryKU9XgAEXQrf (resized).jpgDFryKU9XgAEXQrf (resized).jpg
DDqK1O4XoAEstAI (resized).jpgDDqK1O4XoAEstAI (resized).jpg

Or in this case explicitly not label things.

DGEr3doXcAAh3-l (resized).jpgDGEr3doXcAAh3-l (resized).jpg

So I thought it would be fitting to dress up the coin door area with some labels to make sure people know what everything is.

20170808_220044 (resized).jpg20170808_220044 (resized).jpg

Need to add a "bat start button" and maybe a "bat coin door lock".

#3753 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I love in the movie, when the Penguin asks for water in the bat cave and Batman says something along the lines of "The water dispenser is clearly marked."

Classic

atomic_pressure_indicator_drinking_water (resized).jpgatomic_pressure_indicator_drinking_water (resized).jpg

#3768 6 years ago

Waiting for the update.

waiting (resized).jpgwaiting (resized).jpg

#3772 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

For anyone that knows the show like the back of their hand (looking at you doc) are there many episodes where Batgirl saves Batman & Robin from the shows cliffhanger villain traps?
A rescue Batman & Robin mode, giving us a chance to play from Batgirls POV would be pretty cool!

Batgirl didnt show up until season 3 which is when they went from 2 episodes a week to 1 episode a week. Thus they no longer did the cliffhangers since each episode was meant to be a standalone episode.

There were some stories that were unproduced from season 2 that they restructured to be 2 individual stand alone episodes for season 3 (like the King Tut ones). You can tell when you watch them that they were orignialy meant to follow one another.

When I looked at the sound/video clips in the 0.75 code via pinball browser there was very little Batgirl in there so I'm not sure if they are planning some kind of Batgirl mode or not. Plus there is no insert for a dedicated Batgirl mode so if there is one it would probably be something small.

If you watch Batgirl fighting you'll notice that its mostly just kicks instead of punching. Apparently the producer (and and also narrator William Dozier) thought that punching wasn't feminie enough so he preferred that she do mostly high kicks to fight. This was not a problem for Yvonne Craig since she was a highly trained dancer.

I think a cool simple Batgirl mode would be to do a series of ramp and/or oribt hurry up combos and show her doing a wham pow high kick on the mini LCD each time you did one. You have a small amount of time to do as many as possible. Just light the inserts purple for what shot is needed next.

tumblr_l79h1qLHzS1qbujox (resized).jpgtumblr_l79h1qLHzS1qbujox (resized).jpg

#3778 6 years ago

Here's some feedback today from George Gomez regarding BM66. It came from the Spike vs Sam reliability thread and was a response to the comment that Batman66 was just a cheap rehash of Batman TDK:

"On Batman and the notion that we are going away from designing full games:
Response: We produce 3 cornerstone games every year. In addition we may produce smaller runs of studio titles and other special games. Every cornerstone is designed from scratch and includes a Pro, Premium and LE version. Batman was not a cornerstone game; it was an anniversary edition designed to celebrate 30 years of Stern Pinball. The designers chose to build on their previous Batman model in order to improve on their own design. The game was also the first Spike 2 LCD game which required substantial effort from the design team for that reason. Development on the code is ongoing and the team is dedicated and committed to finishing the game. The key members of the team intend to buy the game with their own money and add it to their personal collections and to that end they want it to be something they can be proud off. They will not abandon the game."

I know some people on Pinside are dubious of anything George says after the "Every two weeks" fiasco but I see this as good news and welcome it.

#3791 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

And as to the part about recycling an old design...well I could care less so long as the game gives me the entertainment I paid for and expected. There are just so many ways to bang a ball around a playfield, and i could care less if they re-use a toy, especially a moving bash toy. We don't complain when all of the games have pop bumpers and drop targets, so why does it matter so long as their are distinct differences.

I've played TDK and even though it same a lot of similarities in layout to Batman66 it plays nothing like it. Anyone who thinks Batman66 is just a rehash of TDK is just nuts.

I really liked the crane on TDK and how its behaves a little different depending on the mode you are in. I think it had 3 different modes. I hope we get some similar variety to how the crane moves in future code updates.

#3795 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Trailer for the sequel to "The Return of the Caped Crusaders".
Batman (Adam West) finally faces off against Two Face, very cool.
RIP Adam & thank you once again!
http://m.uk.ign.com/videos/2017/08/09/batman-vs-two-face-exclusive-trailer-debut

Looks great. Love having Shatner as a villain. I like how rhe bluray cover art has him sitting in a chair that looks like a chair Shatner is very used to sitting in.

This wasn't the first time Batman and Kirk worked together. Check out the pilot for Alexander the Great made in 1968.

I hope they put a nice tribute to Adam on the disc as a bonus feature. Any word on release date?

#3807 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Did anyone get one of these? If so what size is best 1/12, 1/9 or 1/6 scale.

There were some people who've ordered from him that are having trouble getting a hold of him. He might be on a break. So you might want to try emailing him before you order.

I'd suggest trying to mod your own signal. I put a little tutorial on it here:

If you want to DIY I can send you the TV style lens.

#3820 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You guys are giving me pinstripe envy.

Really I didnt realize anyone actually had a "pinstripe" guy.

So what is real pinstriping? A paint process?

#3823 6 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Can be paint or tape. I'm going with hand painted

sounds tricky

#3842 6 years ago

Brought my Batman66 LE to the Saratoga pinball show today. I've noticed that the line for Batman66 seems to be always be longer than the line for Star Wars.

20170812_132119 (resized).jpg20170812_132119 (resized).jpg

#3848 6 years ago

Batmobile spinner is free wheeling. No motor control. However the whole turntable mech can spin during ball search. That might cause the spinner to shake a little and dislodge the ball.

#3856 6 years ago

Hmmm, maybe too many labels. I think I like the "Bat-Plunger" one but others might be too busy.

labels on (resized).jpglabels on (resized).jpg

#3867 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I do like the coin slot inserts - they say a lot with just a picture....
Where did you get them?

I made the in photoshop and printed them out using photo paper. Here are the logos if you want to print them out yourself. If you print at 300 dpi and dont resize them they should be the correct size.

insert_logos.jpginsert_logos.jpg

#3868 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it's just to cluttered in the middle. Moving "Coin Insert Slots" above and the return chutes to the right of the returns should make it look a little better.

I would have preferred to put the coin insert one above the slots but there just isnt room. I could just replace the insignia logo's on the actual coin slots with the text label.

#3870 6 years ago

bat coin door could suffice

I didnt think of that. Good idea!

#3932 6 years ago

Finally got around to getting my Batman66 back in the basement and setup after bringing it to the Saratoga Springs Pinball show this weekend. Batman played flawlessly and was enjoyed by many. It was a great show and I would highly recommend it to anyone who will be in that area next year. I even bought something in the flea market that might be a very cool mod if it fits.

Now that my game is set up again I played around a bit more with my Bat-Labels for the front cab and coin door area. I think this what looks the best while not being too cluttered: Two printed plastic labels for "Bat Plunger" and "Bat Start Button", Batman and Robin costume insignia's in the coin entry slots, a magnet backed "Bat Coin Door" label, and a magnet backed picture of the Dynamic Duo. I tried to match the font size and white border of the labels to match the Stern "Bat Gadget Selector" sticker on the lock down bar.

I'm going to print up a batch of theses so any fellow citizens of Gotham with a Batman66 who would like a FREE set of these just PM me. A little something to get your minds off of waiting for the next code drop.

rps20170815_230442 (resized).jpgrps20170815_230442 (resized).jpg

#3957 6 years ago

Superman or Wonder Woman would be a perfect companion pin to Batman66.

16641005_10210898475073034_2451785040077829231_n (resized).jpg16641005_10210898475073034_2451785040077829231_n (resized).jpg

CuMeyr1WYAAhpbg (resized).jpgCuMeyr1WYAAhpbg (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
857 posts in this topic match your search for posts by docquest. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider docquest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/1?tu=docquest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.