IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 374.
#9751 5 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

It's here! Tonight is unboxing and setup time. Or Bat-time!

Quoted from JWE:

Joined the club! Atomic pile and inner blades are due in tomorrow. It will be a great weekend.

....and mine's still not here....

#9752 5 years ago

Unfortunately Julie Newmar had a heart attack, but at least she is feeling ok. She will always be purrr-fect in my eyes. Hope she kicks on for a long time yet.

https://13thdimension.com/julie-newmar-has-heart-attack-says-shes-feeling-ok/

#9753 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Unfortunately Julie Newmar had a heart attack, but at least she is feeling ok. She will always be purrr-fect in my eyes. Hope she kicks on for a long time yet.
https://13thdimension.com/julie-newmar-has-heart-attack-says-shes-feeling-ok/

#9754 5 years ago

Small Problem:

I installed the chrome candy lockdown bar emblem and it looks fantastic. But now, My gadget button doesn't activate the gadget switch. The added thickness seems to prevent the button from reaching the switch enough. I've tightened it down a bunch, but that plastic button worries me a bit. Did other folks have any challenges like this?

Yes, I've tested the switch and the switch itself works just fine.

#9755 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Small Problem:
I installed the chrome candy lockdown bar emblem and it looks fantastic. But now, My gadget button doesn't activate the gadget switch. The added thickness seems to prevent the button from reaching the switch enough. I've tightened it down a bunch, but that plastic button worries me a bit. Did other folks have any challenges like this?

I find I have to hit my gadget button just a little bit harder to activate it but no big deal. I'm sure the switch can be adjusted to be more sensitive.

#9756 5 years ago

I need to update my software on my newly unboxed game, but am unsure what I am doing. I have erased my USB and formatted it to FAT32. I am now downloading 0.90 from Stern, but I have no idea which of the many choices for 7-Zip I am supposed to add to the USB. Can anyone help?

Thank you.
Jim

EDIT: I got it figured out! I did not need the 7-Zip file at all, as that is only needed for those who have Windows 7 issues and I do not.

#9757 5 years ago

I had to bend the switch abit to get it working.

#9758 5 years ago

I successfully loaded v 0.90 with no issues and all is running great! I lucked out and got a cool card with the Joker on it.

8F6E42E2-398E-4DAE-B8CF-767B33C618E5 (resized).jpeg8F6E42E2-398E-4DAE-B8CF-767B33C618E5 (resized).jpeg

#9759 5 years ago

I successfully loaded v 0.90 with no issues and all is running great! I lucked out and got a cool card with the Joker on it.

That is a cool card! I was happy with the one on my Premium too.

20180421_211229 (resized).jpg20180421_211229 (resized).jpg

#9760 5 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

That is a cool card! I was happy with the one on my Premium too.

Looks great! Nice action scene.

#9761 5 years ago

Small Problem:

You can screw something to the end of the button post to make it a tad longer.

#9762 5 years ago

Any hints/techniques for installing the side art blades on BM66? Those are some tight clearances! Not sure of the best way of doing this. It looks like it could be a disaster if they stick in the wrong place.

#9763 5 years ago

Any hints/techniques for installing the side art blades on BM66? Those are some tight clearances! Not sure of the best way of doing this. It looks like it could be a disaster if they stick in the wrong place.

Several different install videos on youtube showing how to do it....

#9764 5 years ago

It is a disaster if you put them in the wrong place!

Buy this stuff - Rapid Tac - https://www.amazon.com/RAPID-Application-Decals-Stickers-Sprayer/dp/B006RUG9XO/ref=sr_1_2
There's a smaller bottle if you want to spend less.

Spray it on the sticky side after you take off the covering. Once the play field is upright, push it over to the opposite side so it gives you a little clearance on the side you are applying the decal. Take the decal, with the Rapid Tac applied and work it into the correct position.

Use one of these rubber squeegees to rub on the decal downward to get rid of the excess Rapid Tac. https://www.amazon.com/3M-Applicator-Squeegee-PA1-B-Blue/dp/B00657SFPE/ref=sr_1_5
Clean that stuff up with a rag and you're done! The decal will dry perfect!

#9765 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

It is a disaster if you put them in the wrong place!
Buy this stuff - Rapid Tac - amazon.com link »
There's a smaller bottle if you want to spend less.
Spray it on the sticky side after you take off the covering. Once the play field is upright, push it over to the opposite side so it gives you a little clearance on the side you are applying the decal. Take the decal, with the Rapid Tac applied and work it into the correct position.
Use one of these rubber squeegees to rub on the decal downward to get rid of the excess Rapid Tac. amazon.com link »
Clean that stuff up with a rag and you're done! The decal will dry perfect!

Thank you so much spandol, this is exactly what I was looking for! I'm ordering it today. What a resource Pinside is - thanks to folks like you and the others on this thread.

Jim

#9766 5 years ago

Wet method. DO NOT USE DRY METHOD. Wet method is very forgiving and you won't tear the blades.

You don't need to buy anything. Soapy water in a spray bottle is plenty. Then something to act as a squegee to get the excess water and bubbles out.

Here's a tutorial of the wet method (note that is NOT windex in that bottle!):

#9767 5 years ago

Thank you so much spandol, this is exactly what I was looking for! I'm ordering it today. What a resource Pinside is - thanks to folks like you and the others on this thread.
Jim

You’re very welcome Jim! You might be able to do it for free like Vireland describes. I just know to use this from putting on large cabinet decals in the past, and others use rapid tac for inner art blades. I like the stuff and using the rubber squeegee myself.

#9768 5 years ago

Well, I've already ordered the Rapid Tac from Amazon and they say it will be here some time Monday. I think it will be Tuesday when I do the installation. Thanks to both of you, I feel confident it will go well. I'll report my results once it is done.

#9769 5 years ago

Hey guys,
I‘m about to pull the trigger on a Batman premium, just need some more confirmation

I recently changed my whole collection, sold TOM, RFM, WCS94 and now have a TNA and an Iron Maiden Premium coming. Does Batman complement those two in your opinion? It is considered a rather long playing game, isn‘t it? Can‘t find a good video with the newest code, did the latest update change gameplay a lot?

I played on location for a few hours about half a year ago and always had a blast, like the theme also.

It‘s just straining my budget a bit... So please help me spend money more easily by telling me in a few words why a small collection profits from having Batman66

Thnx, looking forward to join the club

#9770 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Hey guys,
I‘m about to pull the trigger on a Batman premium, just need some more confirmation
I recently changed my whole collection, sold TOM, RFM, WCS94 and now have a TNA and an Iron Maiden Premium coming. Does Batman complement those two in your opinion? It is considered a rather long playing game, isn‘t it? Can‘t find a good video with the newest code, did the latest update change gameplay a lot?
I played on location for a few hours about half a year ago and always had a blast, like the theme also.
It‘s just straining my budget a bit... So please help me spend money more easily by telling me in a few words why a small collection profits from having Batman66
Thnx, looking forward to join the club

Iron Maiden is so different it goes with everything. Batman '66 has finally come to the point it should have been at release 18 months ago. Still kind of a clunky shooter, but at least it's fun and challenging to play now. DEFINITELY get the essential Atomic Pile mod as well as the two computer back mods that clean up the wiring on the back side of the bat computer (a "falling balls" warning sticker for the one above the ball lock is recommended, too. ) If you can pick up the Hallmark batcopter for cheap, do that, too. It's way better than the Stern one.

I'd say that combination of three pins you'll have is pretty great for a small home collection.

#9771 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

... Can‘t find a good video with the newest code, did the latest update change gameplay a lot? ...

Check out everyone's "brother" Jack playing latest v0.90:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251912594

#9772 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd say that combination of three pins you'll have is pretty great for a small home collection.

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Check out everyone's "brother" Jack playing latest v0.90:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251912594

Thanks guys! Just looked at YT, gotta check twitch more often! Watching right now, damm I can see my money disappearing

#9773 5 years ago

You won't regret your B66 purchase,Ben1981! I play several games on mine every day!

#9774 5 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Thanks guys! Just looked at YT, gotta check twitch more often! Watching right now, damm I can see my money disappearing

BM 66 is amazing. Go for it! Don't forget the mini bat signal and bat signal projector from docquest pinball mods. Also, twenty84 makes amazing lockbar stainless bat signal and bat gadget selector plates that look and feel incredible.

#9775 5 years ago

Don't forget the protectors for your art blades:

On SPIKE games, I take the playfield out. It's only 3 wires to unplug.

#9776 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Don't forget the protectors for your art blades: » YouTube video

Had no idea these even existed. What a great idea!

#9777 5 years ago

Well, I've already ordered the Rapid Tac from Amazon and they say it will be here some time Monday. I think it will be Tuesday when I do the installation. Thanks to both of you, I feel confident it will go well. I'll report my results once it is done.

Cool, looking forward to seeing. I like Rapid Tac, and it's not that expensive.

#9778 5 years ago

Re: the Chrome Candy mod, I ultimately went this direction, but I had been afraid of blocking the LED and making the button not as bright / colorful.

Quoted from PinMonk:

You can screw something to the end of the button post to make it a tad longer.

I found some side-glow fiber sitting around that fit inside the button perfectly. I cut a length a few mm longer than the cavity and it's working like a charm again.

#9779 5 years ago

So, tomorrow I will receive my first NIB.... and I am joining then this club with my Batman 66 premium! Already nervous about this delivery tomorrow..... looking very much forward to it. I've not (yet) read al the 196 pages of this thread...., but I would like to hear from you which mods are not to be missed to buy for this BM 66 premium, Thanks!

#9780 5 years ago

Play it first and then worry about mods. Enjoy your new game!

Quoted from drummerboy71:

So, tomorrow I will receive my first NIB.... and I am joining then this club with my Batman 66 premium! Already nervous about this delivery tomorrow..... looking very much forward to it. I've not (yet) read al the 196 pages of this thread...., but I would like to hear from you which mods are not to be missed to buy for this BM 66 premium, Thanks!

#9781 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

BM 66 is amazing. Go for it!

Just pulled the trigger i‘m very happy to join the club, going to fetch BM66 together with IMDN Premium next month. Damm, that‘s going to be quite a package

#9782 5 years ago

...., but I would like to hear from you which mods are not to be missed to buy for this BM 66 premium, Thanks!

The game is a blast without mods, but the Yelobird collection helps to give it more of a finished feel...and I can’t imagine my game without them

#9783 5 years ago

I'm not a mod guy, but the Atomic Pile mod is one to get. It's not cheap, but I love it. Makes that area look like an Atomic Pile should.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01402-batman-66-custom-atomic-pile-mod-kit-lighted

#9784 5 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Don't forget the protectors for your art blades: » YouTube video

Got a set if these last Xmas.
J85M put me onto them and I must say they are superb.Well worth the small investment.
Big thumbs up from me

#9785 5 years ago

I would like to hear from you which mods are not to be missed to buy for this BM 66 premium, Thanks!

I recommend the Stern side art blades and the Stern shaker (for the Spike 2 system).

#9786 5 years ago

Narrowed my first NIB down to a BM66 or Dialed In. I'm
Leaning to BM66 but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I see some people talking about the blade protectors and it seems like a cool product. I've been doing something similar for years with poster board sheets. I cut two per side and fold them over the top. I use them when putting the playfield back in the machine and during the restoration process. No bells and whistles with the logos and magnets but for a couple bucks it works great.
IMG_4724 (resized).JPGIMG_4724 (resized).JPG

#9787 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

[snip]

As someone who would have traded B66 for DI a few months ago, I can say with certainty that I would not take that offer now. I still really enjoy DI and I'd like to have one, but in the home, the Batman theme is a lot more fun. DI really starts to feel like generic pinball game to me after awhile. I think it's fun to shoot and I love the various ball paths of DI.

#9788 5 years ago

As someone who would have traded B66 for DI a few months ago, I can say with certainty that I would not take that offer now. I still really enjoy DI and I'd like to have one, but in the home, the Batman theme is a lot more fun. DI really starts to feel like generic pinball game to me after awhile. I think it's fun to shoot and I love the various ball paths of DI.

Funny thing is that over the last 4 months or so I have collected some of the generic add ons (Halmark bat copter, motorcycle, bat signal, figures etc) "just in case". I think I am telling myself something there. Lol

#9789 5 years ago

I think the external volume control from Pinball Life is a good option for home use. An easy install - just remove the plug for the tournament button and it fits right in.

#9790 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Cool, looking forward to seeing. I like Rapid Tac, and it's not that expensive.

It worked like a dream! Worth every penny. I struggled and swore installing my Ghostbusters blades last year and today I installed the BM66 ones in less than 15 minutes with no drama at all. They are perfectly aligned and look great. Thanks for the advice Spandol.

#9791 5 years ago

Awesome, glad I could help! The blades on TWD and GOT were different as I did it dry and could pull it off slightly and fix it. Not anymore because they tear very easily. Rapid tac and a squeegee is the way to go!

#9792 5 years ago

I recommend the Stern side art blades and the Stern shaker (for the Spike 2 system).

Yes I agree with this as well. Didn't mention it because I didn't really think of Stern products as a mod, but I guess in some way it is.

#9793 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I've owned both and for me it is BM66 by a mile. But I am a fan of Lawlor too and can't wait to see what he does with Toy Story.

#9794 5 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I'm not a mod guy, but the Atomic Pile mod is one to get. It's not cheap, but I love it. Makes that area look like an Atomic Pile should.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1080-the-mod-couple/01402-batman-66-custom-atomic-pile-mod-kit-lighted

Yeah, the stock "atomic pile" is an embarrassment, especially considering the price Stern put on this machine in all flavors.

#9795 5 years ago

Got it! Unpacked and set up! Unfortunately facing my first problem...... When 2 balls are already locked... but the ball in play draines...... the machine doesn’t know what to do.... the machine searches for the ball

I was thinking about the ballthrough, But when taking out all 6 balls en put them back one after one, the ballthrough registers all 6......

Of course, I Will contact my distributor, but maybe one of you had encountered (and solved) a simular situation, thanks!

#9796 5 years ago

Got it! Unpacked and set up! Unfortunately facing my first problem...... When 2 balls are already locked... but the ball in play draines...... the machine doesn’t know what to do.... the machine searches for the ball
I was thinking about the ballthrough, But when taking out all 6 balls en put them back one after one, the ballthrough registers all 6......
Of course, I Will contact my distributor, but maybe one of you had encountered (and solved) a simular situation, thanks!

Have you tested the switches in the ball lock?

#9797 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have you tested the switches in the ball lock?

They work, it is anounced that the second ball is locked and the machine gives me a third..... But when this third draines...... the machine goes searching.....

#9798 5 years ago

Latest code installed on the game?

#9799 5 years ago
Quoted from LouMatt:

Latest code installed on the game?

Yeah, that sounds like a problem that was in earlier code.

#9800 5 years ago

They work, it is anounced that the second ball is locked and the machine gives me a third..... But when this third draines...... the machine goes searching.....

I'd still check the all three switches in the left lock lane. If they're intermittent (arm not down enough to stay in constant contact) you can get the behavior you're describing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 26.50
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.