IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 374.
#9651 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Hi, I'm new to this thread as I am giving serious consideration to buying a NIB Batman 66 Premium now that JJP is having issues with Pirates.
Care to share any recommendations? Is the play on the Premium the same as the higher end versions? Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Jim

Hi Jim,
Now is a great time to jump in. Code is in a much better place. Lots to do now.
Gameplay is the same between all 3 versions. (As Stern should do for all titles, and make the models about cosmetics only, but I digress).

#9652 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks like Stern have complete access to the licence which is brilliant

I don't recall seeing any Aunt Harriet footage anywhere not sure if that's because they can't or they just don't think anyone cares about her.
Plus as people noticed earlier no footage from the 66 movie is there.

#9653 6 years ago

Hi, I'm new to this thread as I am giving serious consideration to buying a NIB Batman 66 Premium now that JJP is having issues with Pirates.
Care to share any recommendations? Is the play on the Premium the same as the higher end versions? Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Jim

I'm sort of in the same place. I'm spending my JJPOTC $. I already got an IMDN pro on order, and wondering if I should bank the rest of the money or stretch it a bit and go for something else like bm66. I am still having a hard time with the BM66 price tag though. When you go into the $7500 ish range on a pin, you have to start looking at what other pins you can get; like AFMr-LE, DI, WOZ, next CGC remake etc. ..though some of those others are a tidy bit higher, its not by much and they do offer more. A lot of arguments I hear is the price is buying you the theme and license; if that's the case I'm out. I'm looking for lyman magic with great gameplay strategies and replay ability factor for a small lineup, not the nostalgia theme.

That said, I do have to eat some crow on bm66. Way back when I posted something along the lines, and honestly felt, what a waste of a resource it is to put lyman on such a turd as bm66 - how in the world can lyman make this chum bucket a good game. Well shit, he proved me wrong. In lyman we trust even though I didn't lol. But, does that still make it a good value pin for its price point compared to other games around the same price range?

#9654 6 years ago

Is the play on the Premium the same as the higher end versions? Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Jim

Yes! Playfields are identical on all models. Higher end models have Hot Wheels vehicles added which you can do yourself. Fantastic mods from Docquest, Yelobird, ChromeCandy and Mezel Mods make this game even better!

#9655 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I don't recall seeing any Aunt Harriet footage anywhere not sure if that's because they can't or they just don't think anyone cares about her.

Not quite sure where it would fit in with the game modes. Unless to the battles is changed to 2 shots to the scoop. First for Aunt Harriet, then the second for the bat pole sequence.

#9656 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Not quite sure where it would fit in with the game modes. Unless to the battles is changed to 2 shots to the scoop. First for Aunt Harriet, then the second for the bat pole sequence.

Ok, so women are underrepresented in Batman 66 footage.

Let's take a poll of characters that need more footage. You may only pick two.

1) Batgirl
2) Catwoman
3) Molly
4) Siren
5) Aunt Harriet

#9657 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

This pin is all the better for having no Aunt Harriet, she was and still is to this day on repeat viewings the only thing, other than when they changed actors/actresses playing regular villains (riddle, mr freeze, catwoman) that I didn’t like on the show.

#9658 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, so women are underrepresented in Batman 66 footage.
Let's take a poll of characters that need more footage. You may only pick two.
1) Batgirl
2) Catwoman
3) Molly
4) Siren
5) Aunt Harriet

I’m all for a Slave Leia Star Wars machine.

#9659 6 years ago

Lots and lots of Batgirl in the .90 update.

3 Super Skill Shots in Batman 66

When in base mode (no major villain)
1. Drop right into the Penguin scoop from the plunge.
2. Hold left flipper and make a major shot to qualify the major villain.

When in a Major villain mode:
1. Penguin scoop again.
3. Hold left flipper and earn a gadget by making a yellow shot.

#9660 6 years ago

I'm in! Just placed my order for a NIB Batman 66 Premium.

#9661 6 years ago

I'm in! Just placed my order for a NIB Batman 66 Premium.

Good choice Jim. If you like Batman the TV series you will love Batman 66 the pin.

Welcome to the club. The only thing you've missed is all the code update drama.

#9662 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good choice Jim. If you like Batman the TV series you will love Batman 66 the pin.
Welcome to the club. The only thing you've missed is all the code update drama.

Batman and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. were two of my favorite shows! I was 15 years old when Batman came out and I never missed an episode.

#9663 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

. When you go into the $7500 ish range on a pin, you have to start looking at what other pins you can get; like AFMr-LE, DI, WOZ

I have owned all 3 of the above.. Great games, but all are long gone from my small collection. I have a BM66 LE and all I can say is that it is a very special game for many reasons, also remember if you buy a BM66 it comes with a lifetime membership to the best club thread on Pinside.

#9664 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I have owned all 3 of the above.. Great games, but all are long gone from my small collection. I have a BM66 LE and all I can say is that it is a very special game for many reasons, also remember if you buy a BM66 it comes with a lifetime membership to the best club thread on Pinside.

hah nice! I think I need to go play this again. I have 2 people that want to buy my SMVE but im having a hard time letting that go - one of my favorite sterns. But if it did go, it would make sense to replace a super hero pin with a super hero pin. Think it might be time for a pinside poll

#9665 6 years ago

Finally got around to doing the lighting mod on Yelobird Atomic pile.
I went with sterns flasher out of the old pile for the bottom and then used MK6PIN idea and used the round flasher from hooked on pinball for the top.
In person it looks amazing and I'm really pleased I took the effort.
Thanks to @yelobird,thundergod76 and MK6PIN as I would never of been able to attempt it never mind do it without their help.Cheers guys.

Pic is with just sterns flasher in on the left and both installed on the right.

inCollage_20180417_074812822 (resized).jpginCollage_20180417_074812822 (resized).jpg

#9666 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Finally got around to doing the lighting mod on yelobird Atomic pile.
I went with sterns flasher out of the old pile for the bottom and then used mk6pin idea and used the round flasher from hooked on pinball for the top.
In person it looks amazing and I'm really pleased I took the effort.
Thanks to yelobird,thundergod76 and mk6pin as I would never of been able to attempt it never mind do it without their help.Cheers guys.
Pic is with just sterns flasher in on the left and both installed on the right.

I bet it's a lot more eye-catching now! Lots brighter in the pic! The atomic pile mod is literally the best mod for BM'66. No idea why Stern didn't make something approximately like it from the beginning, but glad we have yelobird to fix their (big) mistake.

#9667 6 years ago

Finally got some mods deployed onto my machine - even though I just took delivery of TNA, I find myself being drawn to play batman. Huge thanks to these super crimefighters for coming up with these mods: Yelobird docquest twenty84 they really have made nice final touches to a fantastic game.

IMG_9331 (resized).JPGIMG_9331 (resized).JPG

IMG_9328 (resized).JPGIMG_9328 (resized).JPG

IMG_9198 (resized).JPGIMG_9198 (resized).JPG

IMG_9327 (resized).JPGIMG_9327 (resized).JPG

#9668 6 years ago

Lookin’ great!

#9669 6 years ago

can Lyman add this too the game?

#9670 5 years ago

Couldn't afford the LE so I am bringing my Premium to that level. Robert just Powder Coated my Batman 66 Wire Ramps in what he calls Catwoman Purple. These pics do it no justice as it looks amazing. Thanks Robert for a great job and great price.

IMG_1742 (resized).jpgIMG_1742 (resized).jpg

IMG_1741 (resized).jpgIMG_1741 (resized).jpg

#9671 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Couldn't afford the LE so I am bringing my Premium to that level. Robert just Powder Coated my Batman 66 Wire Ramps in what he calls Catwoman Purple. These pics do it no justice as it looks amazing. Thanks Robert for a great job and great price.

Looks great

#9672 5 years ago

Hallmark is releasing 2 more classic Batman ornaments this year. They usually come out early fall. I'm assuming that the Riddler will be the same scale as the Catwoman and Joker ones that came out previous years.

riddler (resized).jpgriddler (resized).jpg
batcycle (resized).jpgbatcycle (resized).jpg

#9673 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Cool! I'm having the same thing done on my impending Refinery BM66 - except I'm going with "Riddler" green for the left ramp and "Joker" (Metallica) purple on the right.

#9674 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Updated the code but can't seem to activate "Surf's Up! Joker's Under!" etc. Can someone explain it a bit better as I was keen to give it a crack?

Has anyone worked out how to activate this? My wife absolutely kicks my arse on this game and I need all the help I can get.

All I have worked out is you hold the left flipper before you plunge (I think this only works on the first ball) and then I do not know what happens next.

Thanks

#9675 5 years ago

Before ball is in play, with no major villain modes running... hold in right flipper and then hit left flipper. It’ll switch catwoman’s episode. Let go of right flipper.
Hold in right flipper again, hit left it’ll change Joker’s episode. Rinse and repeat for any and all remaining villains. Then it’ll cycle back through to catwoman again and so on if you keep doing it.

#9676 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Has anyone worked out how to activate this? My wife absolutely kicks my arse on this game and I need all the help I can get.
All I have worked out is you hold the left flipper before you plunge (I think this only works on the first ball) and then I do not know what happens next.
Thanks

Took me a while to figure it out. On your first ball before the plunge hold down the right flipper button until an episode title appears, press the left flipper button once to make the new show title appear. Let go of the buttons and repeat the process to select the other new episodes for each major villain.

#9677 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Thanks

Hi Con,

Looks like Sue is a batawesome player Yeh as per the previous 2 posts, took me a while to figure out as well.

#9678 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Before ball is in play, with no major villain modes running... hold in right flipper and then hit left flipper. It’ll switch catwoman’s episode. Let go of right flipper.
Hold in right flipper again, hit left it’ll change Joker’s episode. Rinse and repeat for any and all remaining villains. Then it’ll cycle back through to catwoman again and so on if you keep doing it.

Quoted from TimO:

Took me a while to figure it out. On your first ball before the plunge hold down the right flipper button until an episode title appears, press the left flipper button once to make the new show title appear. Let go of the buttons and repeat the process to select the other new episodes for each major villain.

Thanks very much! I will have another go at it tonight.

#9679 5 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Hi Con,
Looks like Sue is a batawesome player Yeh as per the previous 2 posts, took me a while to figure out as well.

Hey Macca,

Sue (rskb41) is holy smoley bat awesome.. and then she plays the pinball machine! She is getting scores over 2 bill and I cannot even get bat close. It is only a matter of time before she puts some bat gigantic score on the machine. We have made the game harder too. Increased playfield angle and put very small titans on the outlanes.

#9680 5 years ago

Some nice 0.90 code streaming by Dead Flip today:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/251912594

#9681 5 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I hate to say anything critical of the game, but this is not intuitive. Most people would have no idea to press the right button, and even when you do you're confused about how it will all work.

I wonder if a simpler way of handling this would be to make the Major Villains a "pick your episode" just like with the Minor Villains. So, basically, say you start Joker, you get an episode selection right then.

#9682 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I hate to say anything critical of the game, but this is not intuitive. Most people would have no idea to press the right button, and even when you do you're confused about how it will all work.
I wonder if a simpler way of handling this would be to make the Major Villains a "pick your episode" just like with the Minor Villains. So, basically, say you start Joker, you get an episode selection right then.

I like your idea, but it would only work if the magnet held on to your ball after you answer the phone long enough to make your selection. Nine out of ten times I answer the batphone the magnet fails to capture the ball.

#9683 5 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I like your idea, but it would only work if the magnet held on to your ball after you answer the phone long enough to make your selection. Nine out of ten times I answer the batphone the magnet fails to capture the ball.

Agreed, im over the magnet, seems to do almost little to nothing

#9684 5 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

ah, poop, you found a weakness in my idea.

The magnet is not reliable enough. Lyman is probably 2 steps ahead of us on this. and i thought i was so clever .

#9685 5 years ago

Perhaps its fine as it is then. Only "advanced" players would even want that much variety in the villains and they would know to swap it out in the start.

#9686 5 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Yea, that would be an awesome idea if the magnet was 100%. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who's magnet rarely stops the ball. I do hope that can be helped with code, but I'm guessing the location and spread of the targets that trigger it will not let it be completely reliable. Something more like Wolverine would be nice though...I'd say that works 90% of the time at least. I do like how a Joker shot CAN sometimes throw the ball around like crazy. It's rare, but I've seen it do some really neat stuff. Fingers crossed Lyman can work some magnet magic!

#9687 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm guessing the location and spread of the targets that trigger it will not let it be completely reliable.

That's my conclusion. Straight up physics, distance, speed, angles. The magnet probably attempts every single time but there's too many variables and the ball is out of reach.

#9688 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Perhaps its fine as it is then. Only "advanced" players would even want that much variety in the villains and they would know to swap it out in the start.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but the "Secret code" isn't the only way to see the new modes. I think starting them a second time will play the other episode, right? I'd love to see an award for going through all of each individual villain's episodes. Say a "mini-wizard" mode for playing all of Riddler's episodes, one for all of Joker's episodes, etc. I could see it being similar to Star Trek where you can either dig three deep into the modes, or play all of the level ones. Then again, that might be getting into the "too deep" category. Nah...

#9689 5 years ago

I'd be cool with a menu option that can be set to randomize which villain's episode plays each game. Keep me guessing what I'll see 1st time through, as the 2nd time starting them will automatically play the other content.

#9690 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I'd be cool with a menu option that can be set to randomize which villain's episode plays each game. Keep me guessing what I'll see 1st time through, as the 2nd time starting them will automatically play the other content.

I would find this acceptable.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Correct me if I'm wrong...but the "Secret code" isn't the only way to see the new modes. I think starting them a second time will play the other episode, right?

I likely need more time on the new version.

I was preoccupied with the "hold right button" thing.

#9691 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Correct me if I'm wrong...but the "Secret code" isn't the only way to see the new modes. I think starting them a second time will play the other episode, right? I'd love to see an award for going through all of each individual villain's episodes. Say a "mini-wizard" mode for playing all of Riddler's episodes, one for all of Joker's episodes, etc. I could see it being similar to Star Trek where you can either dig three deep into the modes, or play all of the level ones. Then again, that might be getting into the "too deep" category. Nah...

Yes, the second time playing a major villain in the same game starts the alternate major villain episodes. Which is cool, as I used to hate accidentally restarting a major villain, usually Penguin.

I’d also be okay with randomized major villain episodes, because I agree with Frolic that the pre-ball launch selection sequence seems awkward or not intuitive.

#9692 5 years ago

They should just make it random for which episodes you play on the 4 major villains.

It’s be pretty cool if they could code 4 different episodes for each major villain (I’m counting parts 1&2 as 1 episode).

#9693 5 years ago

Thanks for the link :} I have the game in the liveing room and headphones will be sweet.

#9694 5 years ago

My BM66 should be here any day now.

Are there any online tutorials you would recommend? Thanks!

#9695 5 years ago

Nothing wrong with how major villain episode selection works now. No reason for episode selection to be force fed. If you don’t know the sequence you start with a non Season 3 episode (as it should be) and play the Season 3 episode if you play that villain again.

No reason for Lyman to spend any additional time on this. If you can’t figure out how to switch episodes (read the readme), it probably isn’t going to matter

#9696 5 years ago

Ok. Playing it some more I see that they are additional modes when you requalify a major villain. No need to hold the right button. I think that’s fine as is. The right button really seems useful just for testing.

#9697 5 years ago

The current majors are now all season 1 and season 3.
The best solution would be: add another 4 season 2 majors

Then at game start, make a simple choice which season you will be playing.

No... the way it is now, it works ok... is it needed for the basic player for the basic player to understand, no...
For the advanced player... once you figured it out, it's not that difficult

#9698 5 years ago

I need a little help here,ok,hold R flipper to pick a major villain,hold L flipper to choose,ok let both flippers go,and then What??? I mostly get Penguin any way! What do you hit first on the plunge??And,where in the menu is the ability to change sound?? Bass,treble??I wish all these new changes were explained somewhere for us slower players,Thanks!!

#9699 5 years ago

Right flipper held in, tap left flipper. Let go. Right flipper in, tap left, let go. rinse repeat. Each time you press the right flipper in, it'll be the next major villain in the list. If you want to go back to one you already changed, you'll need to cycle through the remaining and it'll start back over again.

#9700 5 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Right flipper held in, tap left flipper. Let go. Right flipper in, tap left, let go. rinse repeat. Each time you press the right flipper in, it'll be the next major villain in the list. If you want to go back to one you already changed, you'll need to cycle through the remaining and it'll start back over again.

Ok maybe a dumb question, but once I have selected my villain do I need to hold the right flipper whil I launch the ball?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/194?hl=airplanequartet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.