IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 374.
#9551 6 years ago

Nice that all of the new major villain modes are from season 3 episodes so they all should have bat girl footage in them.

#9553 6 years ago

Plenty of Batgirl in the new episodes. Don't know if this is all the Batgirl planned, but if it is it should be enough for even the most diehard Batgirl fans like me.

Fitting that it's done with additional major villian episodes and .90 adds one thing I had wanted to see - in the new Enter Batgirl and Ring Around the Riddler episodes the "To the Batpoles / Batcave Exit" orange light sequences have been replaced by the "Barbara to Batgirl / Batgirl cycle Exit" sequences. Very cool! I don't know if that was a result of my suggestion or just an obvious thing to do, but it's another example of the incredible attention to detail with the theme integration.

Looks like the new episodes don't have as many cliffhanger options as the original ones, but, apparently unlike the TPF code, the episodes default to playing the earlier episodes first (which is as it should be, IMO). Selecting which episodes play for which villians is pretty intuitive once you do it.

Another great update. The one teeny tiny negative is that the music in Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin reminded me of an episode of Bewitched, not Batman.

Had to take a break though. I somehow managed to injure my right wrist playing for the last hour, something I've never done playing pinball my entire life ...

Thank you Lyman and team for another great update. Can't wait (but more than willing to) to see what you have in store in the steady Batclimb to release 1.0

#9554 6 years ago

Do the 2nd major villain modes have different scoring / shots than the ones we already know or is it just a video playback change? Strategy or Theme immersion?

#9555 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Do the 2nd major villain modes have different scoring / shots than the ones we already know or is it just a video playback change? Strategy or Theme immersion?

I don't know. I was paying more attention to the video. Some shots were the same. I think scoring was similar. I did notice there was no gadget bank shot during the new Catwoman mode, so that was different. Joker mode certainly felt different - maybe it was the percentage complete display or Batman's surfing challenge at the beginning.

#9556 6 years ago

It's wild that we keep inching along version numbers with new modes added every time, and there is still a .10 left.

#9557 6 years ago

I have a theory.

I don't think Stern have the rights to use Burgess Meredith voice. So all the other voices are in the game except the Penguin, or am I wrong?

Neil.

#9558 6 years ago

Fricken LOVE this game and it just keeps getting better!!! On a side note I must vent. I install Awesome Cliffy's on most of my games as habit but I must say installing them on Batman yesterday was a test of patience! Product is great but to install them especially on the Penguin hole was like destructive surgery! You have to practically take apart the entire machine to get them in!!! Add to that dialing in the rear protector on the mystery hole took an hour to dial in that switch properly..... Vent off just sayin Bravo to anyone else that installed these. So worth it in the end but last night I wanted to roll the game out and quit. One question note for anyone that did install these. I completely had no luck with the lane protector he provided? Am I to believe he wants us to yank the press fit rail to get this in? No thanks if that is the case. A simple slot at that location would have been Way easier so I skipped them and opted for a simple mylar.

IMG_0987 (resized).jpgIMG_0987 (resized).jpg

#9559 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

One question note for anyone that did install these. I completely had no luck with the lane protector he provided? Am I to believe he wants us to yank the press fit rail to get this in? No thanks if that is the case. A simple slot at that location would have been Way easier so I skipped them and opted for a simple mylar.

Wow!!! Why didn't he make that hole a U instead........maybe something to consider for yourself, get a Dremel with a cutoff wheel and turn that hole into a U....

#9560 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

A simple slot at that location would have been Way easier so I skipped them and opted for a simple mylar.

Quoted from AUKraut:

Wow!!! Why didn't he make that hole a U instead........maybe something to consider for yourself, get a Dremel with a cutoff wheel and turn that hole into a U....

If you put a slit to the hole from the bottom....would you be able to slide the protector in from that direction? Or would you still have to loosen and lower the trough up kick to move the protector in from that direction?

I have to believe that pulling that end of that rail was probably chosen over the alternative as a simpler means of installing. I'm also not sure how much of the protector would be needed that far down the shooter lane.

UPDATE: I just checked Cliffy's site after wondering how this could be done....it seem this type of protector would have been better suited (as long as that design hasn't caused any issues and been re-designed to what you received).

Met-EJ1 (resized).JPGMet-EJ1 (resized).JPG

#9561 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

That was my thought also but at that point of the night I just threw my hands up and said Give!

#9562 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have a theory.
I don't think Stern have the rights to use Burgess Meredith voice. So all the other voices are in the game except the Penguin, or am I wrong?
Neil.

That would suck BIG TIME if it turns out to be true
I've been waiting to hear his iconic speech.

#9563 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have a theory.
Neil.

Quoted from Sethman:

That would suck BIG TIME if it turns out to be true
I've been waiting to hear his iconic speech.

Is there a lot of speech from the other villians I really havent noticed!?

Any of you guys with Facebook or Twitter able to ask Stern direct about the voice/callout aspects of the licence via one of their social media pages?

#9564 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any of you guys with Facebook or Twitter able to ask Stern direct about the voice/callout aspects of the licence via one of their social media pages?

There’s a decent amount of spoken dialog (at least in the 1st couple layers) of the episode content. So far. To not have penguin would be a major letdown.

#9565 6 years ago

this should be the end of game scene...

#9566 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I asked - all other villains have speech I'm pretty sure

#9567 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

new end of game scene...
» YouTube video

Is that actually in the game Neil?

Any plans for a new stream Neil?

#9568 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is that actually in the game Neil?
Any plans for a new stream Neil?

no! - next week yes.

#9569 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

no! - next week yes.

That would be a great scene if you have a really crap Penguin mode, I am still hopeful Villain Vision hasn't been dropped and will come by the time we get to V1.0, that would be a great scene to use to mock us when playing.

Awesome Neil, looking forward to that, I take it the new gamesroom is complete?

#9570 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That would be a great scene if you have a really crap Penguin mode, I am still hopeful Villain Vision hasn't been dropped and will come by the time we get to V1.0, that would be a great scene to use to mock us when playing.
Awesome Neil, looking forward to that, I take it the new gamesroom is complete?

99%

#9571 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I don't think Stern have the rights to use Burgess Meredith voice.

I'm pretty sure they do. Actors' contracts reserved very few rights in the 60's so I'm pretty sure Fox and Greenway (Dozier) had the rights to everything in the series, including the dialogue as spoken. Warner did some licensing deals for character merchandising a number of years ago with West and others but I think that had to do with likenesses for toys and such.

I think the initial Penguin episode has Meredith as Penguin when Bruce Wayne gets trapped in the net, but would have to play it to see if it's there.

#9572 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm pretty sure they do. Actors' contracts reserved very few rights in the 60's so I'm pretty sure Fox and Greenway (Dozier) had the rights to everything in the series, including the dialogue as spoken. Warner did some licensing deals for character merchandising a number of years ago with West and others but I think that had to do with likenesses for toys and such.
I think the initial Penguin episode has Meredith as Penguin when Bruce Wayne gets trapped in the net, but would have to play it to see if it's there.

oh yes - I remember.

#9573 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

oh yes - I remember.

Yep....I've heard him early on...

#9574 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I asked - all other villains have speech I'm pretty sure

Cool, hopefully they reply with an actual answer, I may sign up to facebook just so I can ask about Villain Vision

#9575 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fricken LOVE this game and it just keeps getting better!!! On a side note I must vent. I install Awesome Cliffy's on most of my games as habit but I must say installing them on Batman yesterday was a test of patience! Product is great but to install them especially on the Penguin hole was like destructive surgery! You have to practically take apart the entire machine to get them in!!! Add to that dialing in the rear protector on the mystery hole took an hour to dial in that switch properly..... Vent off just sayin Bravo to anyone else that installed these. So worth it in the end but last night I wanted to roll the game out and quit. One question note for anyone that did install these. I completely had no luck with the lane protector he provided? Am I to believe he wants us to yank the press fit rail to get this in? No thanks if that is the case. A simple slot at that location would have been Way easier so I skipped them and opted for a simple mylar.

Yeh I recently installed all the cliffys and yes you do need to lift the press fit rail to get the lane protector in. All doable just takes some time. That was probably the worst cliffy for me the others were pretty good.

Now bring on 0.90, looking forward to playing it over the weekend.

#9576 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The cliffy is not that hard to fit. Patience and care. Lightly lap down on the wireform and make sure the wireform in not stuck in the clear. Cut a small piece of plywood and put in between the wireform and the playfield, as close to the end you want to lift as you can. Put a screwdriver in between the wireform and the wood and lever it straight up. It will come straight out. If you pull a bit of clear with it when you install the cliffy it will cover it up anyway. We put Cliffys on everything before we plunge a ball.

The mylar will eventually break up in the shooter lane.

#9577 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

The cliffy is not that hard to fit. Patience and care. Lightly lap down on the wireform and make sure the wireform in not stuck in the clear. Cut a small piece of plywood and put in between the wireform and the playfield, as close to the end you want to lift as you can. Put a screwdriver in between the wireform and the wood and lever it straight up. It will come straight out. If you pull a bit of clear with it when you install the cliffy it will cover it up anyway. We put Cliffys on everything before we plunge a ball.
The mylar will eventually break up in the shooter lane.

Rather not cover up broken clear personally. I may simply slot the protector as advised by others as a simpler approach. Do appreciate the advise though!

#9578 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have a theory.
Neil.

If you check out the code via pinball browser there are a bunch of penguin sound clips in there so I think they have the rights to use him.

#9579 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Cool, hopefully they reply with an actual answer, I may sign up to facebook just so I can ask about Villain Vision

I think Lyman mentioned something about technical challenges in getting a variety of clips to load and play quickly on the mini LCD at TPF. I might have that wrong though at it was late and there was a high level of alcohol in my veins.

#9580 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think Lyman mentioned something about technical challenges in getting a variety of clips to load and play quickly on the mini LCD at TPF. I might have that wrong though at it was late and there was a high level of alcohol in my veins.

That would be a shame and a little concerning with regards to Spike 2's performance power or lack of, considering my son has apps that cost less than £10 on his ipad that play clips/sound bits relating to his performance.

#9581 6 years ago

Anyone having issues with the new code? I cannot get it to load, download error retry? Everytime we retry.. shit. I have taken out the USB, formatted and reloading the code on it. If I cannot get it to run, I will put the old code back in. Machine comes up "load code" if we turn it on. Bummer.. my wife really wants top play it!

#9582 6 years ago

Anyone having issues with the new code? I cannot get it to load, download error retry? Everytime we retry.. shit. I have taken out the USB, formatted and reloading the code on it. If I cannot get it to run, I will put the old code back in. Machine comes up "load code" if we turn it on. Bummer.. my wife really wants top play it!

Take your time. Consider trying a different USB stick as they Can get finicky. Simply drag the 3 files to the stick and done. Insert usb, turn game on and hit far right button 2 times. Leave it alone and give it time to load. Don't give up, there are Villains to catch!!!

#9583 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Take your time. Consider trying a different USB stick as they Can get finicky. Simply drag the 3 files to the stick and done. Insert usb, turn game on and hit far right button 2 times. Leave it alone and give it time to load. Don't give up, there are Villains to catch!!!

All good, I have done that, we have plenty of machines. I am interested if it is just us or not, I accidentally put a back up USB from my computer in BM66. I removed it and played the game, but I could have done something as there were pdf files on the back up USB. Could save me plenty of time. Did you update your game successfully?

#9584 6 years ago

Download and update were normal.
What OS are you running and what did you use to unzip with?

#9585 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Download and update were normal.
What OS are you running and what did you use to unzip with?

Thank you. I am on Windows 10. I know everything is ok as I updated a SW machine with new code last night. I formatted the stick (like every time) and reloaded it with the new BM66 code. Now That I know it is not the code, I will see what I can work out at my end.

Thanks very much for posting.

#9586 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks for your help. We have the new code in. My wife is testing it out now!

#9587 6 years ago

Thank you. I am on Windows 10. I know everything is ok as I updated a SW machine with new code last night. I formatted the stick (like every time) and reloaded it with the new BM66 code. Now That I know it is not the code, I will see what I can work out at my end.
Thanks very much for posting.

It can get frustrating but for me often times its just one USB stick to the next. Most times like this update I simply drop the files and install is seamless. As much as it can be a pain I SO don't miss the days of pulling chips and having to keep buying new ones!

#9588 6 years ago

"The mylar will eventually break up in the shooter lane."

Self adhesive felt. Easy, cheap and works better.

#9589 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I just installed a Cliffy on my BMLE shooter lane, I took a small punch and carefully tapped the rail out from the bottom of the playfield then installed the cliffy and tapped it back into place was pretty quick and easier than what I thought. I also installed a Cliffy drain hole protector, super easy to install this one.

1FC97EB2-1B77-41F6-894A-47C43EF305DB (resized).jpeg1FC97EB2-1B77-41F6-894A-47C43EF305DB (resized).jpeg

9B99FA69-098F-498C-B5F5-758AB63C2909 (resized).jpeg9B99FA69-098F-498C-B5F5-758AB63C2909 (resized).jpeg

#9590 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I just installed a Cliffy on my BMLE shooter lane, I took a small punch and carefully tapped the rail out from the bottom of the playfield then installed the cliffy and tapped it back into place was pretty quick and easier than what I thought. I also installed a Cliffy drain hole protector, super easy to install this one.

Thanks for that view. I may give it a try. The thought of taking a hammer to the game just made me wince. You sir have a very protected game! wow.

#9591 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeWellSpent:

V0.90.0 - Apr. 12, 2018
=======================
- Added additional modes for Catwoman ("Catwoman's Dressed To Kill"),
Joker ("Surf's Up! Joker's Under!"), Penguin ("Enter Batgirl, Exit
Penguin"), and Riddler ("Ring Around The Riddler").
These can be accessed by:
1) Holding in the right flipper button when the ball is in the shooter
lane with no major villain mode running, pressing the left flipper
button will change the mode that starts next. Repeatedly pressing
the right flipper button cycles through the major villains.
2) Playing through the major villain modes normally. The next mode
to start will be the one that hasn't been played already.
- Added new High Score tables for the new major villain modes.
- The Penguin VUK will now kick a few extra times (consecutively) before
it is flagged with "OPERATOR ALERT".
- Fixed an issue where some player scores for certain villain champions
would not be considered properly for High Score To Date.
- Super Skill Shot is now stopped by the Top Lanes and the Top Eject.
- Improved throughput of node communication for better lamp performance.
- Fixed pricing text alignment in previous games scores screen in attract
mode.
- Added completion (jailed) effects for the minor villains.
- Added logic to be able to start the game using the lockdown button.

Updated the code but can't seem to activate "Surf's Up! Joker's Under!" etc. Can someone explain it a bit better as I was keen to give it a crack?

#9592 6 years ago

Select Joker when ball is in shooter lane, keep right flipper held in then with the left flipper select surfs up. It is tricky but i reckon that's how I did it mate.

#9593 6 years ago

just did the upgrade. this game gets better and better and better. Its freaking ACE!

#9594 6 years ago

Are there known problems with installing a shaker motor in this game ? I understood from a reseller that stern advised not too

#9595 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Are there known problems with installing a shaker motor in this game ? I understood from a reseller that stern advised not too

My LE has a factory shaker.

#9596 6 years ago

I cannot believe people are not talking about the new code. It is fantastic. Being able to select different story lines is amaze balls.

I hope Lyman let's us eventually change the defaults in the menu.

#9597 6 years ago

Only got a chance to play a couple games last night but the new joker content was zany.

This pin will probably go down as having the most eclectic stock music of any pin ever!

#9598 6 years ago

I'll be installing the new code today. copying to USB now.

#9599 6 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

It has settings in the code. I added one on my premium a long time ago and its been perfect. I love it

#9600 6 years ago

The new episodes are a great addition. Right now it seems as if they are only "stubbed" out in code. The new penguin episode has batgirl in it, but the clip is repeated over and over like early versions of the existing villain modes. I'm happy to see progress but surprised it's here instead of finishing some more of the minor villains. I'm thrilled with the continued development but seems like 0.90 is still a long way from 1.00.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 192 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/192?hl=legionsoup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.