IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 374.
#9451 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Interestingly in these pictures the start buttons are smaller older style ones I would guess these are pre-production examples or renderings.

yes the originals that stern had at the factory for launch.

#9452 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

so how's this pin shaping up? I know it's fun and good. But how is the replay and ball time factor for a small pin lineup? Still need more code to flesh it out? What are current market prices on a premium and does the premium come with shaker motor or any other ads, or is it basically an inflated Pro price game? Might sell my GOT, and wondering what I should get to replace it. If I flexed the budget and went into BM66 premium range, we're also venturing into the Dialed In (Standard) ball park . So kind of a hard decision. Then there's TWD Pro and not having spend any additional $ and get one of the best pins ever coded such dilemmas we sometimes have in this hobby

this is a perfect small Line up game.

#9453 6 years ago

I am seriously thinking of picking up a Premium. Unfortunately for me to really want to add one to my limited space it has to hit on game play, theme and art. For a great playing game I can look past theme or art, but not both. Theme is lukewarm for me, no exposure to Batman 66 as a kid. Can't get past the cab/head art on the Premium, want more than just Batman and Robin on repeat.

When code hits 1.0 I'll have to hit up some more location play and see if it can push me over the edge, or maybe I will get lucky and with 1.0 Stern will also announce a Batgirl based alternative Premium art package, maybe a Catwoman/Batgirl package ala the "Divas" translite they did for WWE

#9454 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

... maybe I will get lucky and with 1.0 Stern will also announce a Batgirl based alternative Premium art package, maybe a Catwoman/Batgirl package ala the "Divas" translite they did for WWE

If they do, be sure and buy a lotto ticket ASAP thereafter, for you will be truly lucky.

#9455 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I am seriously thinking of picking up a Premium. Unfortunately for me to really want to add one to my limited space it has to hit on game play, theme and art. For a great playing game I can look past theme or art, but not both. Theme is lukewarm for me, no exposure to Batman 66 as a kid. Can't get past the cab/head art on the Premium, want more than just Batman and Robin on repeat.

Well there’s your big problem off the bat, this pin is all about theme, the theme integration is off the charts and the structure of the show/series is weaved I to the gameplay, so if the theme doesn’t do much for you or is a turn off it’s going to be hard to over look on this pin.

As for the art BM66 is one of the best looking pins Stern, I’ll go out on a limb and say any manufacturer has ever put out, once you add some more lighting to the playfield this thing pops, absolute work of art imo, never get tired of looking at my LE.

#9456 6 years ago

Had an interesting issue last night.

Turned on bm66 - no sound. Oh dear.

Rebooted - still no sound. Pulled line cord out, left for a minute - no sound.

Hmmmm. All plugs are present and correct. Amp or software maybe?

Decided to do a factory reset. Bye bye Danni’s 7b high score haha. Long shot, but no change.

Right - I’ll install new code, that may fix it.

Downloaded code. Went back to machine two hours later to update the code, switch machine on and sound is there, 100% working. No need for the update.

Weird.

rd

#9457 6 years ago

Admit it, the real issue here was:

Quoted from rotordave:

Danni’s 7b high score haha.

10 points for the elaborate story. In the absence of a new code update, it's a novel way to justify wiping her score.

#9458 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Admit it, the real issue here was:

10 points for the elaborate story. In the absence of a new code update, it's a novel way to justify wiping her score.

You know it.

I have 120 high scores - she had one.

And it would have been very hard to chase down too - she’d completed the game, pretty much.

Anyway, we all know it was 7b so I have a goal in life now.

rd

#9459 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have 120 high scores - she had one.

That makes it even worse. Bring 'em up tough!

#9460 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That makes it even worse. Bring 'em up tough!

Yeah man. And always rub their face in it too.

The way she’s going she’ll have 120 high scores soon and I’ll have one - so I gotta make hay while the sun shines.

rd

#9461 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Well there’s your big problem off the bat, this pin is all about theme, the theme integration is off the charts and the structure of the show/series is weaved I to the gameplay, so if the theme doesn’t do much for you or is a turn off it’s going to be hard to over look on this pin.

Never said I had a problem that I needed solving, just said I am lukewarm to the theme.

Quoted from J85M:

As for the art BM66 is one of the best looking pins Stern, I’ll go out on a limb and say any manufacturer has ever put out, once you add some more lighting to the playfield this thing pops, absolute work of art imo, never get tired of looking at my LE.

I was discussing the Premium art work, not the playfield or the LE. I think the playfield is great, the LE cabinet is sweet, the Premium cabinet not so much.

#9462 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

I turned off extra balls. If you want to make it harder, roamed the ring off the Outland post.

I discovered that the left outlane post has 3 possible slots. It was in the middle one so I moved it up.
I also replaced the rubbers on the metal posts between the in and outlane to the tiny version. Making the outlane gap bigger.

Game plays harder now and is better this way.

Scored an egghead mode of 185M this week.
Earlier a Shame of 400M. I love the scoring possibilities on this machine

#9463 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Had an interesting issue last night.
Turned on bm66 - no sound. Oh dear.
Rebooted - still no sound. Pulled line cord out, left for a minute - no sound.
Hmmmm. All plugs are present and correct. Amp or software maybe?
Decided to do a factory reset. Bye bye Danni’s 7b high score haha. Long shot, but no change.
Right - I’ll install new code, that may fix it.
Downloaded code. Went back to machine two hours later to update the code, switch machine on and sound is there, 100% working. No need for the update.
Weird.
rd

Interrupting background node board update or intermittent node board problem? When you left it alone it had time to do it?

#9464 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Why can't they just make one model??Like the good ole days..This pro,Le,ect. stuff just mangels peoples brain,the Le has this but it doesnt have that,The pro has this but not that

#9465 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Why can't they just make one model??Like the good ole days..This pro,Le,ect. stuff just mangels peoples brain,the Le has this but it doesnt have that,The pro has this but not that..One machine all the same -One price.In the future it will be like this.The year is 2026.

Seller:I have a batman 66 for sale
buyer:Hello sir what model is it?
Seller:What are you talking about??
buyer:I said what model is it??An Le,Pro,ect.
Seller:How should i know,I got this game as a trade from my cousin in laws brothers wife's cousin.You know this arcade pinball machine is very rare and they sell up to 14,999.00 dollars( ends up being a Regular Model)

#9466 6 years ago

Why can't they just make one model??Like the good ole days..This pro,Le,ect. stuff just mangels peoples brain,the Le has this but it doesnt have that,The pro has this but not that..One machine all the same -One price.In the future it will be like this.The year is 2026.

Seller:I have a batman 66 for sale
buyer:Hello sir what model is it?
Seller:What are you talking about??
buyer:I said what model is it??An Le,Pro,ect.
Seller:How should i know,I got this game as a trade from my cousin in laws brothers wife's cousin.You know this arcade pinball machine is very rare and they sell up to 14,999.00 dollars( ends up being a Regular Model)

#9467 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Why can't they just make one model??Like the good ole days..This pro,Le,ect. stuff just mangels peoples brain,the Le has this but it doesnt have that,The pro has this but not that..One machine all the same -One price.In the future it will be like this.

The future is now - BM66 premium is the only version they currently make.

#9468 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Never said I had a problem that I needed solving, just said I am lukewarm to the theme.

More of a figure of speech, typically lost in translation on the internet. Not so much a problem as such but a lot of BM66 charm and immersion comes from a knowledge/love of the show.

The games modes are setup to play out like episodes of the show and events from the show. What I meant was it definitely helps if you have some appreciation/love of theme as it’s integrated so well into every aspect of the game.

Quoted from paul_8788:

I was discussing the Premium art work, not the playfield or the LE. I think the playfield is great, the LE cabinet is sweet, the Premium cabinet not so much.

Yeah the premium art work is certainly the weakest out of the 3 models, but you can’t have too much batman and robin on a batman and robin pin, plus I have heard of people getting hold of the batgirl backbox art for premium games, so there is that possibility for you??

#9469 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Interrupting background node board update or intermittent node board problem? When you left it alone it had time to do it?

Dunno! Sound didn’t work - two hours later it did.

Put another 20 Games on it since and hasn’t faulted ....

rd

#9470 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

The future is now - BM66 premium is the only version they currently make.

One model only,Would you find a TZ in 3 different models??Nope

#9471 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

One model only,Would you find a TZ in 3 different models??Nope

no but plenty of different states.

I have no problem with the three model system stern use - but its not really a discussion for the batman club.

#9472 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Dunno! Sound didn’t work - two hours later it did.
Put another 20 Games on it since and hasn’t faulted ....
rd

I have had similar problems with my LE since delivery 12 months ago. Haven’t done anything about it as, after a cycle-up or two, it always works and I have learnt to live with it given my remoteness. I’d be eager to hear of a fix tho.

#9473 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

but its not really a discussion for the batman club.

Honestly,I meant no harm..I played the game and i really really liked it and 2 thumbs up for Stern on BM66
I have always wished they would make a pin on the old BM,I used to watch waaay back when I was a kid..That wish came true...

#9474 6 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

I have had similar problems with my LE since delivery 12 months ago. Haven’t done anything about it as, after a cycle-up or two, it always works and I have learnt to live with it given my remoteness. I’d be eager to hear of a fix tho.

My sound went out again tonight.

Never been an issue on any of my Spike games before.

I’ve sent an email to Chas - let’s see if I get an answer.

rd

#9475 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I’ve sent an email to Chas - let’s see if I get an answer.
rd

I got a reply! Nice.

Hi David,
We think there is a software solution for this problem. We will be releasing software soon to fix this!

Best regards,
Chas Siddiqi
Stern Pinball Tech. Support

rd

#9476 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I got a reply! Nice.
Hi David,
We think there is a software solution for this problem. We will be releasing software soon to fix this!
Best regards,
Chas Siddiqi
Stern Pinball Tech. Support
rd

Great thanks!!! Looking forward to it...

#9477 6 years ago

6 weeks since last code update?

#9478 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

6 weeks since last code update?

Honestly after the reassurances we have had and the last half dozen updates from Lyman, I am confident he wont be rushing to finish this game up until he is happy and considers it perfect.

And maybe Maiden has caused a little delay, code on that looks great and there’s no way Lyman is going to let Keith take his coding crown

#9479 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

And maybe Maiden has caused a little delay, code on that looks great and there’s no way Lyman is going to let Keith take his coding crown

Funny you mention that.....the visual appearance/approach on Maiden (fonts, screen transitions, etc) come off as way more advanced/polished compared to whats currently in BM66.

I hope that sort of cleanup/enhancement is yet to come, near the end when like was mentioned before. Once all the rules are in place. Don't want to let Keith show up Lyman on his debut outing now do we

#9480 6 years ago

Is the code in BM66 complete enough to hold up in a 2 pin line up? Trying to decide between BM66, DI, and AFMR. I love love the theme of BM66 and enjoyed the shots when I played it a bit on location. I just want to make sure it's not a particularly shallow pin code-wise (it doesn't seem to be). Anyway, this thread has been great for picking up info on the game. Thanks everyone!

#9482 6 years ago

I think the visual appearance of Maiden vs BM66 is going to very different. Batman is a TV show from 1966 and the art style , fonts and transitions are thematic to the content. Having a glossy video game look wouldn't transition well with the video assets and overall appearance. I think the style looks great with Batman and the new glossy slick videogame style works for Maiden. Different styles, one isn't better than the other necessarily.

Quoted from Sethman:

Funny you mention that.....the visual appearance/approach on Maiden (fonts, screen transitions, etc) come off as way more advanced/polished compared to whats currently in BM66.
I hope that sort of cleanup/enhancement is yet to come, near the end when like was mentioned before. Once all the rules are in place. Don't want to let Keith show up Lyman on his debut outing now do we

#9483 6 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Is the code in BM66 complete enough to hold up in a 2 pin line up? Trying to decide between BM66, DI, and AFMR. I love love the theme of BM66 and enjoyed the shots when I played it a bit on location. I just want to make sure it's not a particularly shallow pin code-wise (it doesn't seem to be). Anyway, this thread has been great for picking up info on the game. Thanks everyone!

It Absolutely is at this point unless of coarse your a PAPA top 20 type player. Just awesome and every update to come will just be layered icing to me.

Anyone in the Batcave club heading to MGC show in WI this weekend?? Mama and I are going to make the trek and would love to meet fellow bat fans!!

#9484 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It Absolutely is at this point unless of coarse your a PAPA top 20 type player.

I watched BM66 kick a couple of the top 20 players asses during the PAPA finals the other week, although that one lad (can’t recall his name) blew it up on his last ball, wow!

#9485 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It Absolutely is at this point unless of coarse your a PAPA top 20 type player. Just awesome and every update to come will just be layered icing to me.
Anyone in the Batcave club heading to MGC show in WI this weekend?? Mama and I are going to make the trek and would love to meet fellow bat fans!!

I will actually be joining the club AT MGC! Going to be unboxing a fresh shiny one in the Marco booth. Can't wait! Will you have any of your mods there??? Really shouldn't spend more after snagging the game...but...but...

#9486 6 years ago

Yes!!!!

#9487 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think the visual appearance of Maiden vs BM66 is going to very different. Batman is a TV show from 1966 and the art style , fonts and transitions are thematic to the content. Having a glossy video game look wouldn't transition well with the video assets and overall appearance. I think the style looks great with Batman and the new glossy slick videogame style works for Maiden. Different styles, one isn't better than the other necessarily.

In total agreement that the approaches should look very different given the content between the two titles. A little more pizzazz maybe.

#9488 6 years ago

I don't think so. You can have a 30-40min game and "only" complete penguin...the minor villains are pretty difficult to complete with not a lot of reward. I found myself either trying to finish every main villain quickly and get to the mini wizard that way or playing out every character for maximum points. Game could def get "clunky" at times also.
Disclosure: I prefer games like GOT and SW which you can attack several different ways and play creatively, so take my opinion for what its worth. I did own the game. Between the 3 you mentioned Id probably lean DI, but that not my fav either

#9489 6 years ago

@Iloveplywood: I'm super sensitive about the game offering enough and having code depth and can only say that yes at this point Batman is offering enough already. I enjoy mine very very much.

And with lots of things to come it can only get better from now on.

#9490 6 years ago

BM66 may be Stern’s best game if you like the theme, which I do, and Lyman is still working on it. Having said that AFMR is incredible and would be my choice. Can’t go wrong with either of those games!

#9491 6 years ago

Based on your other pin (Addams Family), BM66 has much deeper rules than Addams.
AFMR is more like Addams, love the simple yet challenging depth. DI is about as deep as BM66 if you like that format of game.
It is a very personal decision that only you can make.

#9492 6 years ago

Based on your other pin (Addams Family), BM66 has much deeper rules than Addams.
AFMR is more like Addams, love the simple yet challenging depth. DI is about as deep as BM66 if you like that format of game.

Cool, thanks guys, didn't mean to hijack this thread. I'm moving on from TAF and probably getting a faster ball game (read cheaper stern pro) to go along with a deeper game. Leaning toward a TWD and either DI/BM66 (or maybe AFMR just really like that game). The theme of BM66 is about as strong of a theme for me as you can get. I never in a million years thought there would be a pin based on the show. Of course it had to be be an expensive one so expensive that I kind of eliminated it from consideration -- then I got lucky with a crypto investment so I don't feel so badly about spending more.

Thanks again for all the responses!

#9493 6 years ago

I sold my DI to buy BM66

#9494 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I sold my DI to buy BM66

Technically DI is a great game, but I feel zero emotion when i play it. Its like I force myself to play it because I know it’s great Pinball. But it will be long gone before B66 ever is.

AFMR is a difficult comparison. Certainly no code depth, but there’s a reason it’s so popular. Sort of similar layout to B66 also. Still think I’d choose B66.

#9495 6 years ago

I sold my DI to buy BM66

And a wise man, you are....

#9496 6 years ago

I sold my DI to buy BM66

Interesting, so no regrets I take it? I'd love to hear your thoughts on both machines having owned both if you ever get the chance. Anyway, I think I'll go back and play Dialed In one more time, but I'm really leaning towards Batman 66.

#9497 6 years ago

Ask the same question in the DI club thread lol

#9498 6 years ago

I sold my TNA spot to buy a BM66.

#9499 6 years ago

BM66 over DI it is just more satisfying.

I would put BM66 and DI over AFMRLE.

I would put TNA over all of them.

I have all these pins except TNA and will have that soon. From what I have played and how I play with friends and family it’s hard to top..

#9500 6 years ago

I have a two pin collection with BM66 and AFMR and BM66 gets about 8X the play from me. AFM is a great palate cleanser after 7 or 8 games of BM66.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 190 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/190?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.