IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 374.
#9251 6 years ago

Dead Flip BM66 streams from TPF w/ latest code preview up on YouTube now:

#9252 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They offer 2 different options. One with the needed control boards for Premium ($50 more) or the one only offered for the LE model which has the boards stock. Personally the one #Doc sells works on all machines and looks much better at 1/3 the price.

The version I sell for the premium isn't as interactive as the Stern one though. The Stern one (one with the node boards included) with a premium comes on in attract mode, start of ball 1 during opening jingle, bat turn mode, villain escape start, and start of major villain modes during batcave sequence.

My projector mod with a premium machine can be configured to be either on when game is on or it come on/off with an insert lamp of your choice.

If you have an LE machine than my version is fully interactive and goes on/off whenever the game code tells it to just like the Stern version.

#9253 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

They offer 2 different options. One with the needed control boards for Premium ($50 more) or the one only offered for the LE model which has the boards stock. Personally the one #Doc sells works on all machines and looks much better at 1/3 the price.

Thanks. So the premium batsignal will mount and work even without the premium topper?

#9254 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Thanks. So the premium batsignal will mount and work even without the premium topper?

Yep. If you buy the Stern unit for the Premium model Or the #Doc model (view his notes above) they both will work without topper. In my Frugal opinion, its an Incredibly cool feature though for the Stern price having it go on or off a few times during game play vs the Doc version always on (Premium) is tough to call. If it was on all the time it would be just as cool in my opinion. When playing its not like you can stare at the ceiling to see when it goes on. lol I opted for the Doc version on my LE and Very happy with my decision and the quality detail he puts into it. Do get one though as it is just darn cool!

#9255 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Does the Stern Batsignal for the Premium require the topper to connect? I just bought one and I can't see where it can connect to (I don't have the topper). The instructions show how to connect it to an LE topper so perhaps I got the wrong Batsignal? thanks.

As long as you got the one that doesn't specify for the LE you're good. Don't worry about the instructions. If you look at the top of the machine, you'll see where it secures to the head. I don't have the topper and it works perfect.

#9256 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Yes. The Premium Batsignal is the one with a long metal plate that fits across the top of the back box. If you don't have that long metal plate you have the wrong Batsignal.

#9257 6 years ago

Holy hellacious height Batman! The Stern projector unit (w/base) is 28" high?! Or is that long? Hard to tell from this pic:

http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6656648

#9258 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Holy hellacious height Batman! The Stern projector unit (w/base) is 28" high?! Or is that long? Hard to tell from this pic:
http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6656648

Lol that's length. Height is about 10". Here's @johnnyutah's Batsignal on his machine.

34ee8bac85042892bb2da44e6b060faf172df35d.jpeg (resized).jpg34ee8bac85042892bb2da44e6b060faf172df35d.jpeg (resized).jpg

#9259 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Lol that's length. Height is about 10". Here's johnnyutah's Batsignal on his machine.

Thanks. I'm still not seeing 28" length-wise either, but much better regardless!

#9260 6 years ago

Thanks. I'm still not seeing 26" length-wise either, but much better regardless!

You cant see it in that pic but there is a long flat base plate that covers the whole top of the back box that's about 28" long. It needs to be that wide since there are tapped bolts holes at the ends of the backbox that the topper bolts into. The rectangular black box you see in the earlier pic is attached to the base plate.

#9261 6 years ago

Ah hah - thanks for the additional clarification Doc. Sounds like a properly attached Stern projector should hold up to some pretty aggressive game shaking anyway! I like the mobility that yours allows though.

#9262 6 years ago

Ah hah - thanks for the additional clarification Doc. Sounds like a properly attached Stern projector should hold up to some pretty aggressive game shaking anyway! I like the mobility that yours allows though.

That's the main reason I made my projector mod. No way the Stern one was going to work with my low ceilings.

My projector has a magnetic base so I can stick it anywhere on metal backbox (some people use a rear leg to go even lower). This way I can project a decent sized image even with my low ceiling. It's also more incognito hidden behind the backbox.

#9263 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That's the main reason I made my projector mod. No way the Stern one was going to work with my low ceilings.
My projector has a magnetic base so I can stick it anywhere on metal backbox (some people use a rear leg to go even lower). This way I can project a decent sized image even with my low ceiling. It's also more incognito hidden behind the backbox.

That to me is the Biggest reason to consider the #Doc version. Without a topper it just looks Odd to have a black can on the top and with low to average ceilings the image is just way to small with the stern version. Pitch over....lol

#9264 6 years ago

I officially joined the club

20180322_235539 (1) (resized).jpg20180322_235539 (1) (resized).jpg

Built date 1st of february 2018. Has extended left ramp plastic, left deflector on batgirl plastic.
Plays really smooth regarding loops.

#9265 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Built date 1st of february 2018. Has extended left ramp plastic, left deflector on batgirl plastic.

Wow. Must be selling well. Either it's another run or they have been building them since last November. Either way, good!

#9266 6 years ago

Mine has a build date of February 27, 2018. It still flys out of the left ramp wire form on occasion.

#9267 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Mine has a build date of February 27, 2018. It still flys out of the left ramp wire form on occasion.

I'm SOOO excited to officially post some pics and info on the most badass batramp in existence.....hang in there batfans....we are certainly keeping our machines, so can only say this crazy long timeline will be worth it for those who have been (more than) patiently waiting.....

#9268 6 years ago

Dead Flip BM66 streams from TPF w/ latest code preview up on YouTube now:
» YouTube video
» YouTube video

In the first stream I genuinely think that was my best score on batman on that stream with Jack and co. Then to play against Lyman, I was winning until the last ball!

BTW docquest it was fantastic to meet you at TPF! made so many great friends at TPF it was fantastic - really enjoyed it!

Neil

#9269 6 years ago

have been in Austin this week and pinballz just got this game and its been the most played game this week for sure... people love it.

#9270 6 years ago

In case anyone here was wondering what Batman looked like with mirror blades. I rather like them, although I haven't seen the default SLE/LE blades in person so cannot compare. Batman lends itself well to blades due to the amount of exposed sidewall. The mirrors brighten the edges but the centre remains pretty dark still.

IMG_4741.jpgIMG_4741.jpg

IMG_4742.jpgIMG_4742.jpg

IMG_4743.jpgIMG_4743.jpg

#9271 6 years ago

I've never been happy with the stickers on the lock bar and have been working on a replacement. I finally came up with something I'm happy with on my own game. For the button I have 304 stainless steel that I have cut in 2 pieces (an upper and slightly larger bottom layer). These were bent to match the contour of the lock bar. The bottom layer is powder coated white and top layer is powder coated red. They are held on by the button itself although additional adhesive could be used. I tried to make it so it covered the original sticker completely, but as you can see there is a small area that is visible. This may not bother some people but I was going to re powder coat my lock bar and remove the sticker anyway. The bat comes in 2 variations - a plain one and one that says "GADGET SELECTOR". I also used the same technique to make a little sign that says "BAT GADGET SELECTOR" the same size as the original sticker. This would need to be held on with glue or double stick tape. We plan to offer these on our website, but my wife is getting ready for a dance competition with our daughters so it might be a few days. Feel free to PM me if you want one earlier, and I'll try to get a few in the mail tomorrow. The cost will be $49 for the Bat (either variation), and $19 for the "GADGET SELECTOR" sign.

I could also sell them in unpainted stainless steel (for those that prefer that look or want to do their own powder coating) or could do custom colors (for additional cost).

IMG_1219 (resized).jpgIMG_1219 (resized).jpg

IMG_1190 (resized).jpgIMG_1190 (resized).jpg

IMG_1188 (resized).jpgIMG_1188 (resized).jpg

IMG_1193 (resized).jpgIMG_1193 (resized).jpg

#9272 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I've never been happy with the stickers on the lock bar and have been working on a replacement. I finally came up with something I'm happy with on my own game. For the button I have 304 stainless steel that I have cut in 2 pieces (an upper and slightly larger bottom layer). These were bent to match the contour of the lock bar. The bottom layer is powder coated white and top layer is powder coated red. They are held on by the button itself although additional adhesive could be used. I tried to make it so it covered the original sticker completely, but as you can see there is a small area that is visible. This may not bother some people but I was going to re powder coat my lock bar and remove the sticker anyway. The bat comes in 2 variations - a plain one and one that says "GADGET SELECTOR". I also used the same technique to make a little sign that says "BAT GADGET SELECTOR" the same size as the original sticker. This would need to be held on with glue or double stick tape. We plan to offer these on our website, but my wife is getting ready for a dance competition with our daughters so it might be a few days. Feel free to PM me if you want one earlier, and I'll try to get a few in the mail tomorrow. The cost will be $49 for the Bat (either variation), and $19 for the "GADGET SELECTOR" sign.
I could also sell them in unpainted stainless steel (for those that prefer that look or want to do their own powder coating) or could do custom colors (for additional cost).

Looks great. Can’t quite tell if the bat is bent to follow the angle on the lockdown bar.

#9273 6 years ago

Yes, the bat is bent about 8° to match the angle of the lockdown bar prior to powder coating.

#9274 6 years ago

Where's the code update?

Just about a month now.

#9275 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Where's the code update?
Just about a month now.

We probably won’t get the code that was at TPF, as that was a preview, more than likely we will get a more complete build, at least I hope so, Lyman might drop a really big update and surprise us with a full 0.02 increase to 0.90

Whatever he does it’s going to be great!

#9276 6 years ago

Was So,hoping for that update soon. After watching all the TX previews.

#9277 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

We probably won’t get the code that was at TPF, as that was a preview, more than likely we will get a more complete build, at least I hope so, Lyman might drop a really big update and surprise us with a full 0.02 increase to 0.90
Whatever he does it’s going to be great!

At minimum, Lyman would clean up the new episode selection at start of game. He said he was rushing to get it ready for the show and it still needed to be cleaned up.

I'm not worried or concerned - it's clear the game is going to be epic when done. It does not appear that Lyman is under any significant constraints schedule wise to rush out "complete" code (new programmer hires), so I'm happy to wait and get code when he says it's ready for release. Even after the release level code is done, I suspect there will be a final "fit and finish" release with bug fixes, additional callouts and minor tweaks that will take time.

Whether we get a few more incremental releases or a couple big releases to push it over the finish line doesn't matter to me. I want new code as much as anyone else, but no longer see the benefit in having Stern release code just because it's been a while since the last release.

#9278 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Whether we get a few more incremental releases or a couple big releases to push it over the finish line doesn't matter to me

To be fair to Lyman, the incredmental updates (code version going up by 0.01) have been huge, there’s no such thing as a little update when it comes to Lyman on code.

Quoted from jfh:

Even after the release level code is done, I suspect there will be a final "fit and finish" release with bug fixes, additional callouts and minor tweaks that will take time.

This is a definite, again it’s the norm when Lyman is coding a game, the recent updates for AC/DC & TWD show just how much dedication Lyman has to code on his games.

#9279 6 years ago

The impression I have from TPF is that Batman 66 will have 2 more mini wizard modes similar to Batusi. No one said this was definitive but conversations that occurred indicated that season 1, 2 and 3 would each have one. Batusi is season 1. You could guess that the Batgirl mode that fans want and mentioned in talks, e.g Gomez, would be season 3 mini wizard mode. What should the season 2 mini wizard mode focus on? I got a sense that this is not determined yet. Anyone have some good ideas as I think the Stern team is aware of this thread

#9280 6 years ago

My personal view is that a great easter egg would be when Alfred is in the batman costume.

#9281 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

My personal view is that a great easter egg would be when Alfred is in the batman costume.

Lol. I feel a #Doc refresher photo on this coming soon.

#9282 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

The impression I have from TPF is that Batman 66 will have 2 more mini wizard modes similar to Batusi. No one said this was definitive but conversations that occurred indicated that season 1, 2 and 3 would each have one.

Interesting. If true, that would imply that there would be a true wizard mode (complete all minor villians) in addition to three season mini wizard modes). Or maybe it’s still one wizard mode (like now) but you select one of 3 episodes to play.

#9283 6 years ago

Someone asked me how to attach the bat and and sign and I accidentally deleted the message before responding. The bat is held on by the button and because the curve of the bat matches the contour of the lockbar, no further adhesive is needed. The little sign could be attached in a few ways. I think the best would be to use an epoxy like JB weld (this is now the layers of metal are held together) but it would not be easily removable after that. This might be the best option if the game was on route, and probably also the best looking option. Double stick tape is also an option but at least the tape I have, has more thickness than I would like. If people can think of other options I'm open to it.

#9284 6 years ago

Ok I finally stepped up and bought the Atomic Pile mod (thanks Dave!) this will give me something fun to do this weekend. I am thinking of doing the SLE speaker grill & bat cave spinner upgrade next. I havnt looked at the directions yet but I assume the atomic pile is an easy install?

57D882A1-4F84-4A22-A9DC-E9A68F8C0064 (resized).jpeg57D882A1-4F84-4A22-A9DC-E9A68F8C0064 (resized).jpeg

#9285 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok I finally stepped up and bought the Atomic Pile mod (thanks Dave!) this will give me something fun to do this weekend. I am thinking of doing the SLE speaker grill & bat cave spinner upgrade next. I havnt looked at the directions yet but I assume the atomic pile is an easy install?

Hey... I got that too (as you already know from the eBay thread). Crazy part is now I need to get me a BM66!! Yeah, this hobby can be a sickness sometimes. I had a wtb ad for an LE that I thought I’d let run for a while, but ready to pull the trigger on a premium sometime in April it would seem.

#9286 6 years ago

I couldn’t figure out why Batman was kicking my ass. Struggling to get 1b and after a whole day of plays at Pincade nobody else had got their name on a clean (new code installed) high score chart.

I figured out why ...

rd

61ABE3DA-2680-4C8E-AC61-B2E68D5AA4EC (resized).png61ABE3DA-2680-4C8E-AC61-B2E68D5AA4EC (resized).png

#9287 6 years ago

It is very straight forward but you Know you can contact me Anytime or Day and I will walk you through it if needed. As much as we appreciate your business I am more excited to see you Enjoying life again and looking at Tomorrow! Reach out Anytime!!!!

#9288 6 years ago

Great decision. The Atomic Pile and Bat Cave spinner mods are absolute must haves for any Batman 66.

#9289 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I couldn’t figure out why Batman was kicking my ass. Struggling to get 1b and after a whole day of plays at Pincade nobody else had got their name on a clean (new code installed) high score chart.
I figured out why ...
rd

Thank you RD, I just got myself a new app!

#9290 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

It is very straight forward but you Know you can contact me Anytime or Day and I will walk you through it if needed. As much as we appreciate your business I am more excited to see you Enjoying life again and looking at Tomorrow! Reach out Anytime!!!!

Thanks!! It is so nice to finally feel good enough to be able to go out and tinker with my pinball machines.

#9291 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you RD, I just got myself a new app!

What is the apps name?

#9292 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What is the apps name?

Pinguy is the name of the app

59C26D1F-53E0-4DFA-A1D2-2233A9D58287 (resized).png59C26D1F-53E0-4DFA-A1D2-2233A9D58287 (resized).png

#9293 6 years ago

Pinguy is the name of the app

Indeed it is. Quite handy to have - IOS only unfortunately. Make sure your phone isn’t on silent, and it talks to you while you’re struggling under the pin.

I usually set my Sterns to around 7 (ish .. depends on the pin) because I have to play in Josh Sharpe comps and that’s where he sets them (with no ball save!)

I cranked the legs up on bm66 at a huge brewery sponsored Comp last month in Auckland that I supplied all the pins for. Didn’t know they were at 8.3 though hahaha.

PS I won the Comp and won $11,000 of travel and cash for my efforts .. plus they paid to hire my pins. Double Win for RD! haha.

rd

508EAF20-DD6D-409F-9BE7-31E6312693D9 (resized).jpeg508EAF20-DD6D-409F-9BE7-31E6312693D9 (resized).jpeg

#9294 6 years ago

Mini wiz mode for beating a season would be strange as beating one villain lights the season insert. I suspect 3 wiz modes total. One for completing a min villain from each season, one for capturing all majors and one for completing both.

#9295 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Mini wiz mode for beating a season would be strange as beating one villain lights the season insert. I suspect 3 wiz modes total. One for completing a min villain from each season, one for capturing all majors and one for completing both.

Sounds reasonable. But just because that's the way the Season inserts work now doesn't mean they will stay that way.

#9296 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Indeed it is. Quite handy to have - IOS only unfortunately. Make sure your phone isn’t on silent, and it talks to you while you’re struggling under the pin.
I usually set my Sterns to around 7 (ish .. depends on the pin) because I have to play in Josh Sharpe comps and that’s where he sets them (with no ball save!)
I cranked the legs up on bm66 at a huge brewery sponsored Comp last month in Auckland that I supplied all the pins for. Didn’t know they were at 8.3 though hahaha.
PS I won the Comp and won $11,000 of travel and cash for my efforts .. plus they paid to hire my pins. Double Win for RD! haha.
rd

So let me get this straight, you provided your games and won the money playing them. lol Bam thats a good day! You the man. Thats some pretty high stakes must have been awesome. Congrats.

#9297 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Only $11,000? Didn’t think you’d get outta bed for any less than 20!

#9298 6 years ago

Anyone else waiting on a replacement node 8 board from Stern? I’ve been down for over a month now. Sucks...I see their sold out at Marco Specialties at well. Be interested to know whether some of you had to wait this long? Thanks in advance!

#9299 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Anyone else waiting on a replacement node 8 board from Stern? I’ve been down for over a month now. Sucks...I see their sold out at Marco Specialties at well. Be interested to know whether some of you had to wait this long? Thanks in advance!

I would say the one node board I had fail they were Fairly fast (1-2 weeks) granted at the time Batman 66 sales were flat which I do not believe is the case now. Give Chas a call and ask for an update. They are pretty responsive. Good Luck

#9300 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Only $11,000? Didn’t think you’d get outta bed for any less than 20!

Hey, you do what you gotta do.

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 34.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8.00
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/186?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.