IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 374.
#9201 6 years ago

Yes please!! Anyone know when new code will be released?

#9202 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Any episode chosen from season 3 will have Batgirl in the fight scenes.

Doc - did you have a chance to talk to Lyman and get any additional thoughts on what else might be coming?

As for when the next code drop is, I suspect it will manage to be soon enough and not soon enough at the same time ...

#9203 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you a Batman fan and on the fence about the game, call your distributor and order one now. There is no doubt in my mind that Lyman and company will make this arguably Stern's best game ever. As for when we see the final code - who cares? Awesomeness is absolutely worth the wait in this case.

Good advice man! I've been enjoying playing Batman 66 on route a lot recently and actually put a deposit down on a new one just before the start of TPF. This game is certainly proof that good things take time!

And, just because:

Batman nesting dolls (resized).jpgBatman nesting dolls (resized).jpg

#9204 6 years ago

From what I saw and played, both Shame and King Tut (season 3) had more clips.

#9205 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Any word when this new code will be available for download?

I dont think it will - its a beta, will need a bit more work.

#9206 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

True, but this hasn’t stopped them before.

#9207 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Was villian escape still the same blackout scene Neil - invisible/lights out fight from season 3?

#9208 6 years ago

Who can help me fill in the blanks?

Major Villain Episodes

Catwoman
1. The Purr-Fect Crime / Better Luck Next Time (Season 1 Julie)
2. Catwoman' Dressed to Kill (Season 3 Eartha)

Joker
1. The Jokers Wild / Batman is Riled
2. Surf's Up! Joker's Under!

Penguin
1. Fine Feathered Finks / The Penguin's a Jinx

Riddler
1. Hi Riddle Riddle / Smack in the Middle

Batman minor villains (left to right)

Take Points

Season 1:
The Mad Hatter - The Thirteenth Hat/Batman Stands Pat

King Tut - The Curse of Tut/ The Pharaoh's in a Rut

Bookworm - The Bookworm Turns / While Gotham City Burns

Season 2:
King Tut (not active)
The Spell of Tut / Tut's Case is Shut OR
King Tut's Coup / Batman's Waterloo

Egghead - An Egg Grows in Gotham / The Yegg Foes in Gotham

Mr. Freeze - Green Ice / Deep Freeze

Shame - Come Back Shame?

Season 3
Unknown Villian (not active)
King Tut - King Tut - I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle

#9209 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Was villian escape still the same blackout scene Neil - invisible/lights out fight from season 3?

can't remember; to much beer

#9210 6 years ago

I’m finally in!

1665513A-D17B-4450-8EEC-FC0BDE280E55 (resized).jpeg1665513A-D17B-4450-8EEC-FC0BDE280E55 (resized).jpeg

#9211 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Who can help me fill in the blanks?
Major Villain Episodes
Catwoman
1. The Purr-Fect Crime / Better Luck Next Time (Season 1 Julie)
2. Catwoman' Dressed to Kill (Season 3 Eartha)
Joker
1. ???
2. Surf's Up! Joker's Under!
Penguin
1. Fine Feathered Finks / The Penguin's a Jinx
Riddler
1. ???
Batman minor villains (left to right)
Take Points
Season 1:
The Mad Hatter - The Thirteenth Hat/Batman Stands Pat
King Tut - The Curse of Tut/ The Pharaoh's in a Rut
Bookworm - The Bookworm Turns / While Gotham City Burns
Season 2:
King Tut (not active)
The Spell of Tut / Tut's Case is Shut OR
King Tut's Coup / Batman's Waterloo
Egghead - An Egg Grows in Gotham / The Yegg Foes in Gotham
Mr. Freeze - Green Ice / Deep Freeze
Shame - Come Back Shame?
Season 3
Unknown Villian (not active)
King Tut - King Tut - I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle

The joker episodes that have been in the code were "The Jokers Wild / Batman is Riled".

The current Riddler episodes are from "Hi Riddle Riddle / Smack in the Middle" which were the first 2 episodes of the series.

Of the 6 minor villains in the game, here which seasons they were in:

Season 1: King Tut, Bookworm, Mr Freeze, Mad Hatter. Stern only has the rights for the Otto Preminger Mr Freeze so they won't use the season 1 George Sanders Mr Freeze.

Season 2: King Tut, Mr Freeze, Egghead, Mad Hatter, Shame. This season has the Otto Preminger Mr Freeze and the Eli Wallach Mr Freeze. Stern only has rights to the Otto Preminger Freeze.

Season 3: King Tut, Shame, Egghead.

#9212 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is Villian Escape still a black screen? (Taken from the invisible/lights out fight from season 3?) if that stays in on the final code that will be getting swapped out for movie footage featuring all 4 major villains.

I'm pretty sure Stern/Ka-Pow does not have the rights to the movie assets, only the television show.

For example, since Stern couldn't use the actual footage of the film they created the animation for the extra ball sequence as a shout-out to the "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" gag from the movie.

#9213 6 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

I'm pretty sure Stern/Ka-Pow does not have the rights to the movie assets, only the television show.
For example, since Stern couldn't use the actual footage of the film they created the animation for the extra ball sequence as a shout-out to the "some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" gag from the movie.

Correct. Stern didnt get the movie rights so nothing in the movie will be in the game*.

*However the TV show leveraged the movie budget to create the bat boat and the bat copter featured in the film. They then re-used footage of the bat boat and bat copter in action in the second and third season of the TV show.

That's why Stern can show the bat copter flying as part of the batcave start sequence with the Joker Surfs Up episode so even though the footage was originated in the film it was later used I the series and thus allowed.

The Surfs Up episode also has Batman using the shark repellent but I don't know if that clip was included in the mode or not.

#9214 6 years ago

The Penguin's signature cackle is in the code right? Is it used in the game currently at all? I typically don't get deep into Penguin mode, so if its in there let me know. Otherwise, we need more Penguin cackle

#9215 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Stern only has rights to the Otto Preminger Freeze.

First I've heard that Stern doesn't have full right to series video. Why no Sanders footage rights?

(Thanks for the episode info)

#9216 6 years ago
Quoted from JefeJet:

You are correct and this has been known since the release of the game, however with pinball browser I plan on putting the real bomb sequence in and replacing that black out fight from series 3 with some movie footage starring all the villains.

#9217 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The Surfs Up episode also has Batman using the shark repellent but I don't know if that clip was included in the mode or not.

Didn’t know this Doc, is it literally just the clip of batman using the spray (can in hand) or is there more of the scene from the movie used? When I’m able to I’ll google/you tube it but thought I’d ask as you are our resident bat computer

#9218 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Didn’t know this Doc, is it literally just the clip of batman using the spray (can in hand) or is there more of the scene from the movie used? When I’m able to I’ll google/you tube it but thought I’d ask as you are our resident bat computer

No a clip from the movie but something they shot for that episode as a nice call back to the movie.

#9219 6 years ago

Just got back from marvelous marvins and played batman 66.Awesome game!!!,Plus there was more newer games there Dialed in,Houdini,stern Star Wars and there was a beautiful decked out AFM.I spent more time on batman really fun game and pretty easy rule sheet.

#9220 6 years ago

BM66 has come a loooong ways. I hope people will give it a second chance.....and update their Pinside game review scores too.

#9221 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

The Penguin's signature cackle is in the code right? Is it used in the game currently at all? I typically don't get deep into Penguin mode, so if its in there let me know. Otherwise, we need more Penguin cackle

There really isn't any quacks in the game yet. But I added a couple using PB...

#9222 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

BM66 has come a loooong ways. I hope people will give it a second chance.....and update their Pinside game review scores too.

I've noticed it's gaining some momentum on the Pinside 100. Was sitting over 100 for some time and has slowly been coming down with the recent code updates. We're now at 48

#9223 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I've noticed it's gaining some momentum on the Pinside 100. Was sitting over 100 for some time and has slowly been coming down with the recent code updates. We're now at 48

On the Top 100, you can create a custom list where you only take rating from the last 6 months - it rates at 15 in this list

#9224 6 years ago

While you guys were trying to decide what was new in the code on the TPF machines, I grabbed some friends and we had a little chat with George about making sure he gave Lyman all the time he needs to finish the code.
He thought it would be in his best interest to do just that.
I wonder if my lightsaber across his neck convinced him?

received_10155603674186492 (resized).jpegreceived_10155603674186492 (resized).jpeg

#9225 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

While you guys were trying to decide what was new in the code on the TPF machines, I grabbed some friends and we had a little chat with George about making sure he gave Lyman all the time he needs to finish the code.

Lol!

Seriously, did he have anything substantive to say about Batman that he didn't mention in his presentation?

#9226 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol!
Seriously, did he have anything substantive to say about Batman that he didn't mention in his presentation?

Clearly the man was in fear for his life. Whatever was said could not be taken seriously.

#9227 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol!

Not to a bunch of drunk idiots with lightsabers at 1am on Sunday morning......

#9228 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

That is awesome, great photo!

Did anyone get around to asking George or Lyman about Villian Vision? Or Gadgets as they are both pretty useless at present and Villian Vision seems like a massive chunk of BOM on something that currently does nothing.

#9229 6 years ago

As a joke Franchi signed this promo. Is it worth more for being one of a kind?

20180321_004238 (resized).jpg20180321_004238 (resized).jpg

#9230 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

As a joke Franchi signed this promo. Is it worth more for being one of a kind?

Short answer - No.

Long answer:
Most autographs are worth a tiny fraction of whatever you think their value is. In some cases, the signature can even devalue the object that's been signed. I suspect the latter in this case.

#9232 6 years ago

not sure what to make sure of that.

#9233 6 years ago

I think they decided to glue on every single BM66 toy from every kit ever released.

#9234 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I think they decided to glue on every single BM66 toy from every kit ever released.

I just looked again as I was curious if the bidding had gone up since this morning and somehow the first time I looked earlier I missed the huge Batman & Robin (side) backbox topper

#9235 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I just looked again as I was curious if the bidding had gone up since this morning and somehow the first time I looked earlier I missed the huge Batman & Robin (side) backbox topper

Whoa! I saw your post and went back and looked and was like WTF I don’t see it, but then..

Holy Side topper Batman!

1FE8B14A-8B37-4934-9125-71BC5DFE365D (resized).png1FE8B14A-8B37-4934-9125-71BC5DFE365D (resized).png

#9236 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Whoa! I saw your post and went back and looked and was like WTF I don’t see it, but then..
Holy Side topper Batman!

They didn't even bother to mount it flat against the side of the backbox. At least it's easy to remove.

#9237 6 years ago

Just want to clarify my previous post. I didn't mean to imply that the sellers machine was "crap". I was more surprised that an SLE was for sale and without a reserve. Some mods obviously aren't for everyone. Ebay's gonna make a killing on those fees.

#9238 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Just want to clarify my previous post. I didn't mean to imply that the sellers machine was "crap". I was more surprised that an SLE was for sale and without a reserve. Some mods obviously aren't for everyone.

With some of those mods in that game, I think everyone here would give you a pass on the “crap” remark, there is certainly a lot of crap glued to that playfield so really your descrition was spot on

#9239 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Holy Side topper Batman!

Yeah it’s like a “where’s wally” (Waldo in the US i believe) of Batman items stuck to the playfield, each time I have a peek at the bidding and price I spot something else I didn’t see before glued to the plastics

#9240 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

All those crappy-looking toys and they didn't even install the "real" atomic pile.

#9241 6 years ago

This so needs a BM66 club caption competition.

62D15B53-98B9-4D1F-A66D-B465292879B3 (resized).jpeg62D15B53-98B9-4D1F-A66D-B465292879B3 (resized).jpeg

“How many weeks George!?”

#9242 6 years ago

Wow someone just bid it up by about $6,000

431521B4-5E9B-4784-8311-9672F9DFDB6E (resized).jpeg431521B4-5E9B-4784-8311-9672F9DFDB6E (resized).jpeg

EBCAAD32-4D76-4586-A2A0-F31B58984DFA (resized).pngEBCAAD32-4D76-4586-A2A0-F31B58984DFA (resized).png

#9243 6 years ago

I apologize if this is a newb question but what does the Novelty setting in utilities do? I installed it expecting hijinx in the call outs but didn’t notice anything different.

#9244 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I apologize if this is a newb question but what does the Novelty setting in utilities do? I installed it expecting hijinx in the call outs but didn’t notice anything different.

Not sure, but presume it sets settings related to dispensing tickets for games that have a ticket dispenser installed.

#9245 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Usually it's just another set of presets like Easy, Hard, Director's Cut, etc. Novelty usually cuts out extra balls and free games and maybe some other stuff. I never use it, so not 100% sure. I haven't loaded it in years.

#9246 6 years ago

Does the Stern Batsignal for the Premium require the topper to connect? I just bought one and I can't see where it can connect to (I don't have the topper). The instructions show how to connect it to an LE topper so perhaps I got the wrong Batsignal? thanks.

#9247 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Usually it's just another set of presets like Easy, Hard, Director's Cut, etc. Novelty usually cuts out extra balls and free games and maybe some other stuff. I never use it, so not 100% sure. I haven't loaded it in years.

Ah! You’re right. That’s exactly what it’s doing. I guess that’s handy for turnover on location. Still don’t understand why it’s called “novelty”.

#9248 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

Ah! You’re right. That’s exactly what it’s doing. I guess that’s handy for turnover on location. Still don’t understand why it’s called “novelty”.

No free games and no extra balls used to be a novelty, maybe? Not anymore in the 21st century with $9,000 location pins for $1/play.

#9249 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Does the Stern Batsignal for the Premium require the topper to connect? I just bought one and I can't see where it can connect to (I don't have the topper). The instructions show how to connect it to an LE topper so perhaps I got the wrong Batsignal? thanks.

They offer 2 different options. One with the needed control boards for Premium ($50 more) or the one only offered for the LE model which has the boards stock. Personally the one #Doc sells works on all machines and looks much better at 1/3 the price.

#9250 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Personally the one #Doc sells works on all machines and looks much better at 1/3 the price.

Yep - looks very nice both image-wise and price-wise!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,687 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/185 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.