IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 374.
#9151 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

but admits its much more challenging with the video screen and timing of the video to the game play

Considering there has never been a pinball that has as many licensed video assets as BM66, this is a clear challenge and makes sense.

#9152 6 years ago

(Im)patiently waiting for more details on the new code.

But hope all you Bat-fans there soak up all the incredible fun of TPF. We'll all have the code soon enough so enjoy Texas!

#9155 6 years ago

Hay,there's my Batzooka!!! Good job Doc.as always !!! For sale yet??? license OK??? GO Doc!!!

#9156 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,there's my Batzooka!!! Good job Doc.as always !!! For sale yet??? license OK??? GO Doc!!!

I didnt make those I bought them from Chris Franchi. He only printed 4 sets and kept one for himself and sold the remaining three sets at TPF.

#9157 6 years ago

Saw those in a pic of his table at TPF. I want a set bad!

#9158 6 years ago

Great score #Doc. Suggestion. As you are there and if he truly only makes 3 I suggest asking him to autograph the blades small but in the front edge. May be worth while in the future. And then PM me when you want to sell them!! lol

#9159 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Before I panic too much, both of the episodes Doc mentions are in Season 3, so maybe the Episodes change if a Season 3 minor villian has been played? .... fingers crossed.

In case the code lets you down there is always the alternative to hug while you play. lol I cleaned out the local going out of business Toys R (used to be) Us. Lots of Batgirls to snuggle.

IMG_0744 (resized).JPGIMG_0744 (resized).JPG

#9160 6 years ago

Did Franchi also have translites? would love to have one of those

#9161 6 years ago

He had some Guradians and Batman prints for sale but I didn't see any translites.

#9162 6 years ago

FYI for those not already aware: Dead Flip will be streaming Batman 66 w/ new code from TPF this eve on Twitch along with Lyman Sheats and George Gomez.

#9163 6 years ago

Do you know what time?

#9164 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

FYI for those not already aware: Dead Flip will be streaming Batman 66 w/ new code later today on Twitch along with Lyman Sheats and George Gomez from TPF.

Awesome thanks for the heads up! If I don’t catch it live I will definitely see it once it’s uploaded.

Anymore reports or info on the new code from those at TPF??

#9165 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Do you know what time?

No. Jack Danger finished a 5-hr stream of Guardians and then said he would be streaming BM66 in a few hours. I assume he's taking a dinner break in addition to resetting his equipment. Stern has a seminar at 7 PM so it's probably after that.

Whatever you don't catch live should be available recorded on Twitch.

#9166 6 years ago

Many thanks my friend.

#9167 6 years ago

Jack said after the Stern seminar since the stream will include Lyman and George.

#9168 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Jack said after the Stern seminar since the stream will include Lyman and George.

Now that I am looking forward to! Lyman at the controls! Time to find out all the things I have been missing!

#9169 6 years ago

Batgirl confirmed!

#9170 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Batgirl confirmed!

What? When?

#9171 6 years ago

Gomez said batgirl was coming/will be in there. In a quick fast comment.

#9172 6 years ago

Great Q and A Session from George. Not much detail on Batman, but enough to believe that Lyman and team have a clear path to completion and that they are going to be allowed to see it to completion. The only timetable given was "soon", but I'd rather see it done right than fast.

#9173 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Gomez said batgirl was coming/will be in there. In a quick fast comment.

I mean I'm happy that Gomez is up there talking and explaining but man they need to start PRODUCING and delivering what they say they are going to do code wise.

At this point, I'm not buying another Stern pin unless Lyman is coding it, period. Need to get what you pay for.

It's great that they have upped the video coder team but they have to release pinball machines with MUCH better code and finish it off!

BM66 is awesome but its been a year and half now? And for me, it may be my favorite pin ever.

#9174 6 years ago

Some Batgirl and Surfin’ Batman and Joker!

71A65924-A2EE-4278-98AC-9B06F89D6F91 (resized).jpeg71A65924-A2EE-4278-98AC-9B06F89D6F91 (resized).jpeg

3A369370-9725-4512-881B-02C0ECB2B801 (resized).jpeg3A369370-9725-4512-881B-02C0ECB2B801 (resized).jpeg

092CCFF3-8B94-45C1-ADE9-405780FFE703 (resized).jpeg092CCFF3-8B94-45C1-ADE9-405780FFE703 (resized).jpeg

#9175 6 years ago

From George's presentation. Screenshot from a video feed, so not the best quality. But it's Lyman and Adam.

IMG_4813 (resized).PNGIMG_4813 (resized).PNG

#9176 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Any info on whether those are additional or replacement Catwoman and Joker modes?

#9177 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Rad!

#9178 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Any info on whether those are additional or replacement Catwoman and Joker modes?

The surfin’ Batman and Joker were replacement Joker Mode and the Batgirl seemed to pop up when you capture villain.

#9179 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

The surfin’ Batman and Joker were replacement Joker Mode and the Batgirl seemed to pop up when you capture villain.

Hmm, I guess I'm going to have to see the code in action before I can really comment. It sounds good, but truthfully, I still miss the Penguin's umbrella floating vids that was dropped from early code. I wish we could have it all, old vids and updated vids in the game, depending on various game play factors. Batgirl........YES!

#9180 6 years ago

Penguin mode did not look different but could be wrong-

#9181 6 years ago

So joker clips we've been used to were replaced with the surfing scenes?

#9182 6 years ago

Oh.... it sounds like you can change what set of episodes play then now but the interface needs to be cleaned up yet?

#9183 6 years ago

I noticed that. Seems that you can pic different episodes?

#9184 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

I’m at TPF as yes you can select which ones. More options is a great thing.

#9185 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

For major villians? (Joker/Catwoman/Penguin/Riddler). If so, that's new. Otherwise it sounds like you are describing minor villians.

#9186 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

No. Jack Danger finished a 5-hr stream of Guardians and then said he would be streaming BM66 in a few hours. I assume he's taking a dinner break in addition to resetting his equipment. Stern has a seminar at 7 PM so it's probably after that.
Whatever you don't catch live should be available recorded on Twitch.

Saw the Guardians video but not Batman. Anyone have a link?

Found it:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239959487

#9187 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Saw the Guardians video but not Batman. Anyone have a link?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/239959487

#9188 6 years ago

Thanks! Think I was editing my post at the same time.

#9189 6 years ago

Just a bit into the video, but I've seen both Catwoman Julie and a different Catwoman mode with Batgirl (assume Eartha is in it). Not sure how you get one mode over the other or if it alternates between players). But Julie is safe! Happy Happy Joy Joy.

And, for all of you who think Neil isn't actually a good player, watch this video. It must be that funky beer he drinks at home ...

Only two more hours of video to watch.

Edit: removed previous edit. Catwoman episodes are selectable. See Doc's post below.

#9190 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Just a bit into the video, but I've seen both Catwoman Julie and a different Catwoman mode with Batgirl (assume Eartha is in it). Not sure how you get one mode over the other or if it alternates between players). But Julie is safe! Happy Happy Joy Joy.
And, for all of you who think Neil isn't actually a good player, watch this video. It must be that funky beer he drinks at home ...
Only two more hours of video to watch.
Edit: I may be wrong. Have only seen a glimpse of the Julie Catwoman mode on one of the mini TVs. Every Catwoman mode on the main screen has been the new Eartha one. :Confused:

At start of ball one before you launch you can selection episodes to use for major villains. Only Joker and Catwoman have the new content so far. If you don't select anything then the default is to use the newly added episodes (Earth Kitt catwoman and surfing Joker episode).

A cool part of the new Joker episode is the bat pole sequence was changed for it as well. If you shoot the penguin scoop at start of the "Surf's Up Jokers Down" episode Robin is in his beach outfit in the study and he says cowabunga he runs to the bat poles with Bruce. Then if you hit the left orbit to complete the batcave 2x sequence it shows the dynamic duo heading to the beach in the batcopter I stead of running to the batmobile.

#9191 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

At start of ball one before you launch you can selection episodes to use for major villains. Only Joker and Catwoman have the new content so far. If you don't select anything then the default is to use the newly added episodes (Earth Kitt catwoman and surfing Joker episode).

Thanks. Just saw Lyman explain this. Skip to an hour in if you want to see Lyman explain the new stuff. A general overview starts at about 1:46:00

#9192 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. Just saw Lyman explain this. Skip to an hour in if you want to see Lyman explain the new stuff.

Thanks for the bookmark I’ll check that out later as I’d like to know how to avoid Eartha as much as possible when I’m playing, I might have to learn how to get slick with pinball browser and swap out some of this stuff.

Is Villian Escape still a black screen? (Taken from the invisible/lights out fight from season 3?) if that stays in on the final code that will be getting swapped out for movie footage featuring all 4 major villains.

#9193 6 years ago

Just finished watching the stream. Pretty much everything has been covered in the thread, so no need to watch all 2.5 hours. Lyman did say that nothing has been removed, only new episodes added. (Of course, that makes sense. Why go through all the work to choreograph an episode in the game only to remove it?)

He said the code for selecting which episode is played for each major villian at game start needs to be cleaned up. Didn't see too much of it, but it appears to get tied up with instant info for now and he didn't get a chance to fix it before the show.

This code clearly showed off that the game will have multiple episodes per major villian (presume Penguin and Riddler will get more too. Not clear if you pick one episode to start at the beginning of a game (e.g. Catwoman Julie) if you play the Eartha one once you complete Catwoman and than qualify Catwoman mode again. However, for now it seems you never have to play a major villian mode you don't like. Maybe there will eventually be one major villian episode per season to choose? That would be awesome, but probably something only the most die hard Bat-fans would appreciate.

George never made it over and neither Lyman nor Mike dropped any hints as to what else is coming. George did say in his talk that "Batgirl is coming", but no clue if that is just Batgirl in some Season 3 episode (like the new Joker and Catwoman modes) or if there is some Batgirl specific mode or feature coming. Would love to hear the Batgirl theme in there somewhere and the see the Batgirl transformation/Batgirl cycle exit sequences integrated somehow.

Someone asked Lyman how many times he'd watched all the episodes. He replied "I watched them as a kid and then watched all of the episodes twice while working on the game. But then when I cut up the individual scenes I probably watched each episode 10 times more. And some individual clips 20 times more after that."

Jack D said there will be another Batman stream tomorrow. Not sure if it will be at the same Bat-Time, but I'm sure it will be on the same Bat-Channel

(Can't answer the Villian Escape question because no one got there. However, I think it will be near about impossible to use PB to swap episodes)

Lots of comments about how much the game has improved. If there's one good thing about the code not having been mostly complete at launch, it's been the ability to watch/play the code as it has evolved.

There is now clearly the framework for supporting numerous episodes in the game. In theory, maybe all 120

If you a Batman fan and on the fence about the game, call your distributor and order one now. There is no doubt in my mind that Lyman and company will make this arguably Stern's best game ever. As for when we see the final code - who cares? Awesomeness is absolutely worth the wait in this case.

#9194 6 years ago

So when you select the Major Villain episodes, does it change the mode play at all?

#9195 6 years ago

holy crap, choose an episode now for each major villain?

Man, we've got to eat some major crow here. We were told at the beginning that Lyman was promised he could spend as much time as he felt on the game until HE thought it was done. We were told this over and over again. We were told he wasn't working on anything else. We were told repeatedly by George it would be completed to their satisfaction.

Yet the online rumor mill kept making shit up about him working on other games, him working on Elvira.

I mean, I get it, it took longer than we wanted, and for a while it was slow going. But here's Lyman talking about the leg work needed to watch and edit every single freaking episode.

I've learned my lesson to take a chill pill in the future. Either that or don't buy games on Day 1, which is a choice as well. But I'm very glad to be an LE owner.

#9196 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So when you select the Major Villain episodes, does it change the mode play at all?

I dont believe so.

This episode select at the start is simply the nuts. in the DF video you'll see me doing it when I play.

#9197 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Yet the online rumor mill kept making shit up about him working on other games, him working on Elvira.

This is known as "The Vireland Effect". It's amazing how BS can sow so much doubt.

Quoted from frolic:

I've learned my lesson to take a chill pill in the future. Either that or don't buy games on Day 1, which is a choice as well. But I'm very glad to be an LE owner.

If George and the expanded team can deliver on what they plan to do, we may never see such a "box of lights" release again. Batman 66 seemed to be a victim of the perfect storm - new platform, game pushed up to meet an artificial deadline and an underestimation of time and resources needed to transition to developing for LCD. George stumbled (and acknowledged so) with the "every two weeks" comment, but give credit where due - he said Lyman would be allowed to finish the game as he saw it and that is clearly what we are seeing. Based on his comments last night, we still have a number of release before "completion" (and then the inevitable cleanup release).

I agree on the chill pill, but that's understandably hard to do. I too am thrilled I took the gamble and bought the LE when I did, but will think long and hard about another early LE purchase, especially if Lyman isn't on the title.

#9198 6 years ago

Eartha Kitt Catwoman-

Also seemed to be a lot of Batgirl in this version of Catwoman mode-

7C7FC399-F7C9-434E-8C50-B100A1203228 (resized).jpeg7C7FC399-F7C9-434E-8C50-B100A1203228 (resized).jpeg

#9199 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Also seemed to be a lot of Batgirl in this version of Catwoman mode-

Any episode chosen from season 3 will have Batgirl in the fight scenes.

#9200 6 years ago

Any word when this new code will be available for download?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 34.99
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 184 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/184?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.