IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 374.
#9051 6 years ago

We've inched along all this time, would it really jump like that?

#9052 6 years ago

Maybe they meant to write Star Wars code. It did just update to 1.01.

#9053 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

That would make them even dumber than they are for mailing this as they specify all Batman versions. There were no SLE's for Star Wars.

#9054 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Looks like we are getting 1.01 code at TPF! Anybody else see that email from Game room guys by mistake?

What happened when you followed the links?

#9055 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What happened when you followed the links?

Didn't take me to the code!

#9056 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Didn't take me to the code!

#9057 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Has anyone had this happen? Turntable stopped working, received this error:

I got that problem currently. I called tech support and he wants me to look for loose welds at a point. Need to get better light.

#9058 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We've inched along all this time, would it really jump like that?

That’s what I was thinking I’d be surprised if we jump suddenly over 0.10 when most of Lyman’s updates have been 0.01, I hope it’s not a sign that Lymwn is having to rush and wrap up BM66 quickly.

Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I am hoping this is the case and it’s a mix up with SW code seems a little too coincidental that SW just updated to 1.01 and we suddenly jump to the same code revisions after we have been ticking along nicely with 0.01 updates.

Quoted from ronaldvg:

That would make them even dumber than they are for mailing this as they specify all Batman versions. There were no SLE's for Star Wars.

Let’s face it, this wouldnt be the first typo Stern have made

#9059 6 years ago

What better way to sell a ton of BM66 games at TPF with polished off code!

Gonna happen.

#9060 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What better way to sell a ton of BM66 games at TPF with polished off code!
Gonna happen.

No way as we get 0.03 maximum is what I'm thinking.

#9061 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That’s what I was thinking I’d be surprised if we jump suddenly over 0.10 when most of Lyman’s updates have been 0.01, I hope it’s not a sign that Lyman is having to rush and wrap up BM66 quickly

Ditto. Stern would blow all the good will they have finally established with the Batman code situation if they pulled Lyman from Batman now. I'm hoping they are far less tone deaf about Batman at TPF then they were at Expo. Don't want another Dark Night for Stern thread

All I can say is I hope we see some Batgirl at TPF ...

#9062 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ditto. Stern would blow all the good will they have finally established with the Batman code situation if they pulled Lyman from Batman now. I'm hoping they are far less tone deaf about Batman at TPF then they were at Expo. Don't want another Dark Night for Stern thread
All I can say is I hope we see some Batgirl at TPF ...

Yes to Batgirl. My current wishlist to wrap up code includes:

- Finish Season 3 Minor Villains
- Add a Batgirl mode or maybe add a way to get her help in other modes
- Improve Gadgets....a lot (weakest part of game IMHO)
- Add villain taunting if that’s still in the plans
- Some additional TWD like mini wizard that’s achievable for middle skill players
- General code polish

#9063 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Yes to Batgirl. My current wishlist to wrap up code includes:
- Finish Season 3 Minor Villains
- Add a Batgirl mode or maybe add a way to get her help in other modes
- Improve Gadgets....a lot (weakest part of game IMHO)
- Add villain taunting if that’s still in the plans
- Some additional TWD like mini wizard that’s achievable for middle skill players
- General code polish

Good hit list of items.

-The mini tv screen is fairly useless still. Sincerely hope villain taunting is still going to be added. Otherwise that screen is a colossal waste.
-All that artwork done for the gadgets, to end up being a tiny plaque and otherwise rather unspecific and generic in the software. Need to be fleshed out more.
-It does need another side mode or two. Batgirl specific would be great. Definitely need to do something additional with the crane as well.
-Tons of work remains on the audio side of things. Lots of clips (once you get past the surface) that aren't hooked up with any audio.

At .88 currently, it leaves Lyman and crew ample update space to get those features in. Let's hope they cross the finish line in good form with this project.

#9064 6 years ago

I have to believe the version numbering has meant something. To be at .88 hopefully means those last .12 will be as significant as the last .12.

#9065 6 years ago

Moved my rubber to inside the ramp. Had to file the corner on the metal plate to fit the slope of the ramp. Haven't ground off the ramp but i can testify huge gameplay change. Zero issues on ramp flow. I also set my coil strength to hard from normal. Found the magnet grabs 10x more and shots flow better

20180309_134948 (resized).jpg20180309_134948 (resized).jpg

#9066 6 years ago

Thinking of Joining the group and getting a premium. I’ve seen some with signed trading cards, did some come with them or are people swapping them out?

#9067 6 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Thinking of Joining the group and getting a premium. I’ve seen some with signed trading cards, did some come with them or are people swapping them out?

Believe some of the early premiums had them, actually. Not sure how many....

#9068 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Believe some of the early premiums had them, actually. Not sure how many....

Adam was contracted to sign 500 cards. So with 80 SLEs and 240 LEs, that would leave a maximum of 180 for Premiums.

#9069 6 years ago

I have a great Catwoman card on my Premium and found these nice alternates on ebay....will trade out when I get bored....

20180305_091925 (resized).jpg20180305_091925 (resized).jpg
20180305_091918 (resized).jpg20180305_091918 (resized).jpg
20180305_091914 (resized).jpg20180305_091914 (resized).jpg

#9070 6 years ago

Just had an idea, playing my Premium with my friend, how many Pre/LE owners would pay Stern 100-250+ for a custom Burt Ward call out? I would.

#9071 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Just had an idea, playing my Premium with my friend, how many Pre/LE owners would pay Stern 100-250+ for a custom Burt Ward call out? I would.

How do they do that though? The SLE was supposed to have custom call outs, but I'm guessing us LE owners could install SLE code. Has anyone tried? And does the SLE have custom callouts?

#9072 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

And does the SLE have custom callouts?

Yes. All SLE owners have a custom callout by Adam West telling them by name to answer the Bat phone. BUT it is not written into the actual gameplay code yet. You can use PB to extract the sound clip from any code version (pre, le or sle) and stick it anywhere you want in the game. Maybe an attract mode callout or maybe when you hit the start button.

#9073 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Yes. All SLE owners have a custom callout by Adam West telling them by name to answer the Bat phone. BUT it is not written into the actual gameplay code yet. You can use PB to extract the sound clip from any code version (pre, le or sle) and stick it anywhere you want in the game. Maybe an attract mode callout or maybe when you hit the start button.

Now That would be a cool ass mod if someone with puter smarts could figure out how to do it! Would definitely pay for that service.

#9074 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Now That would be a cool ass mod if someone with puter smarts could figure out how to do it! Would definitely pay for that service.

Maybe you could get lucky and have the same first name as one of the SLE owners. If so then you have a clip with your name ready to go in the code.

#9075 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe you could get lucky and have the same first name as one of the SLE owners. If so then you have a clip with your name ready to go in the code.

I go by my middle name more than my first name. Lucky for me my first and middle names are in the SLE callouts. I already saved the sound bytes just in case Stern decides to delete them in a future code update.

#9076 6 years ago

I go by my middle name more than my first name. Lucky for me my first and middle names are in the SLE callouts. I already saved the sound bytes just in case Stern decides to delete them in a future code update.

If they detected them I think the SLE owners would get pissed cuz I think that was one of the exclusive features for them.

#9077 6 years ago

How does one tell if you have the same name as one of the SLE owners and what is "PB."

#9078 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

How does one tell if you have the same name as one of the SLE owners and what is "PB."

You listen to the clips using Pinball Browser.

#9079 6 years ago

Can someone remind me of the fix for the Riddler saucer? My ball has started to rest behind the saucer and I need to shake the machine to get it to fall inside and hit the switch. Something needs to be bent?

#9080 6 years ago

Based on my understanding of the SLE, I don't think it's as simple as folks here make it sound to get the custom callouts. I think there is additional hardware in the SLEs to activate that feature. I could be wrong, but before people start stalking Burt W, it's worth understanding for sure.

#9081 6 years ago

Can someone remind me of the fix for the Riddler saucer? My ball has started to rest behind the saucer and I need to shake the machine to get it to fall inside and hit the switch. Something needs to be bent?

I haven't fixed the problem yet because it happens so rarely for me, but I've thought that a little drop dead foam back there would probably work.

#9082 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I haven't fixed the problem yet because it happens so rarely for me, but I've thought that a little drop dead foam back there would probably work.

Thats what I did along with some Cliffy protectors and the minor required jiggle to fall is gone.

#9083 6 years ago

On my way to making my Batman Super Premium LE

20180310_235309 (resized).jpg20180310_235309 (resized).jpg

20180310_232006 (resized).jpg20180310_232006 (resized).jpg

20180311_165807 (resized).jpg20180311_165807 (resized).jpg

20180310_232000 (resized).jpg20180310_232000 (resized).jpg

#9084 6 years ago

Just to let you know,the card "Robin Rescued" happens to be MY signed card on my B66LE#53!My Gadget is Batzooka!!!

#9085 6 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

On my way to making my Batman Super Premium LE

Looks Awesome #ASOA! Now you need to pin strip that bad boy! I did a write up on how to do it on my SLE Clone thread but basically you just need some Amazon 3/16" red decal pinstrip roll ($4) and about 15 minutes (ish) depending on how steady your hand is! Looking good now beat those villains while you can as New Code should only be a few weeks away! Same bat channel, same great game!!

#9086 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Based on my understanding of the SLE, I don't think it's as simple as folks here make it sound to get the custom callouts. I think there is additional hardware in the SLEs to activate that feature. I could be wrong, but before people start stalking Burt W, it's worth understanding for sure.

I doubt there is extra hardware. I suspect the code reads a serial number or MAC address or some other data from the man board and does a lookup based on that to set a flag if the game is an SLE and/or an offset of the related clip.

However, your general point is well taken - to activate an SLE "<name>, answer the Batphone!" clip in the appropriate place on a non SLE would involve some incredible luck with PB and/or knowledge of the code. The idea of taking one and making it an attract mode clip (e.g. Flipper Button press) is trivial in comparison.

#9087 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I doubt there is extra hardware. I suspect the code reads a serial number or MAC address or some other data from the man board and does a lookup based on that to set a flag if the game is an SLE and/or an offset of the related clip.
However, your general point is well taken - to activate an SLE "<name>, answer the Batphone!" clip in the appropriate place on a non SLE would involve some incredible luck with PB and/or knowledge of the code. The idea of taking one and making it an attract mode clip (e.g. Flipper Button press) is trivial in comparison.

Right, I mean a special rom or special card inserted, jumper config not like an entire board or something.

#9088 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Right, I mean a special rom or special card inserted, jumper config not like an entire board or something.

Yup, could be. But I suspect Stern is too cheap to go that route.
Easier to do it in software.

#9089 6 years ago

The SLE number of the game comes up on the LCD when it boots so the software definitely knows what game it is in, maybe that's how they will do it?
Can LE owners confirm if their LE plaque number is anywhere on the software boot screen?

#9090 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

That worked on mine.

#9091 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

The SLE number of the game comes up on the LCD when it boots so the software definitely knows what game it is in, maybe that's how they will do it?
Can LE owners confirm if their LE plaque number is anywhere on the software boot screen?

Can one install SLE code on a LE?

#9092 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Can one install SLE code on a LE?

It's the same code.

#9093 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's the same code.

But, there's callouts specific for the SLE?

Rob

#9094 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

But, there's callouts specific for the SLE?
Rob

Still doesn't matter. They're not implemented in the gameplay yet. Same SLE callouts are in all game code versions.

#9095 6 years ago

Still doesn't matter. They're not implemented in the gameplay yet. Same SLE callouts are in all game code versions.

The code somehow knows when its an SLE. Maybe the main CPU was programmed with the machine serial number at the factory?

#9096 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The code somehow knows when its an SLE. Maybe the main CPU was programmed with the machine serial number at the factory?

Or maybe the SLE-specific node board is the indicator to the code.

#9097 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or maybe the SLE-specific node board is the indicator to the code.

Someone mentioned earlier and I verified on my LE that when the game boots up it shows the machine serial number on the LCD. So the serial number is getting programmed into the game sometime during production. If you need to replace your CPU I wonder how it would handle that?

#9098 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Someone mentioned earlier and I verified on my LE that when the game boots up it shows the machine serial number on the LCD. So the serial number is getting programmed into the game sometime during production. If you need to replace your CPU I wonder how it would handle that?

Maybe Stern would program your existing serial number into the new CPU. And as always request the defective CPU be returned to Stern.

#9099 6 years ago

This is what I was talking about

Screenshot_20180314-111933 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180314-111933 (resized).jpg

#9100 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

This is what I was talking about

That's definitely something unique to the SLEs. For sure Lyman will utilize it at some point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 182 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/182?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.