IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 374.
#9001 6 years ago

Damn it Lyman, I said “no more” but I knew your wizardly ways would make me want this one.

#9002 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok last health update on me here on this my favorite Pinside thread. After a successful “craniotomy” last Thursday (tumor removed) I got the call that I had been stressing about since my diagnosis.. my pathology report, It turns out my tumor which was the size of a lemon was a benign grade 1 tumor (not cancer) which was the best possible news I could have received. I was able to sit down with my Daughter and tell her that her dad didn’t have cancer which was a pretty special moment. I can’t begin to say how lucky I feel and considering that 1 week ago I was in ICU recovering from brain surgery and today I am resting at home. I am still struggling with my speech a bit as it can be difficult for me sometimes to put my thoughts into words and I am dealing with some serious headaches but all things considered I feel very very lucky!!
Fun fact I got off of my anti seizure meds 2 days ago and finally me and my Bat Dog (Noah) went and played my BM66 and I beat my all time high score! The thing is that I have never been a great pinball player and have always struggled with making consistent shots, it seems that this tumor was pushing on an area that affected my motor function because I am hitting shots and playing better and more consistently than I ever have!
On a side note I am probably going to have to think about a different hairstyle.

so happy for you and your family. life is short, live every day like its your last.

#9003 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You just use the original rectangular steel plate and original screws and just mount it on the inside of the ramp. You have to push a bit on the screws, but they will eventually thread in to the existing holes. Only downside is it leaves the 2 nubs on the outside (where they screws go) which may scratch the ball if hit.

Can the nubs be removed? Dremel them off so the outside of the ramp is clear? I have 2 playfields but have barely spent any time on this game due to personal circumstances since the code got good!

#9004 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can the nubs be removed? Dremel them off so the outside of the ramp is clear? I have 2 playfields but have barely spent any time on this game due to personal circumstances since the code got good!

I don’t think so - pretty sure they’ve are threaded inside and that’s what the screws are threaded into from the other side. You could put some silicone over them so they don’t hit the ball.

#9005 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

They can be filed down easily, and the screw will still thread. Did it to mine.....there will be updates hopefully soon on wireform AND ramp (remember, I'm getting a new one made for mine without the wire tie hole..it will attach to a loop under the ramp
, further keeping the wire out of the way...primary reason for ball not passing smoothly on left orbit).

(trying to wait and have something solid to update, hence my quietness on several posts on here as of late...think most of us know better...)..

#9006 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

They can be filed down easily, and the screw will still thread. Did it to mine.....there will be updates hopefully soon on wireform AND ramp (remember, I'm getting a new one made for mine without the wire tie hole..it will attach to a loop under the ramp
, further keeping the wire out of the way...primary reason for ball not passing smoothly on left orbit).

I’ll have to try the filing down - wasn’t game to do it on mine. thx for being guinea pig.

Agree about the cable - that’s actually the best change you can make to the left loop. I just secured mine up under the end of the wireform where it meets the ramp.

You can also slightly bend the left side of the left ramp inwards.

All 3 make the left loop super smooth on a clean shot.

To summarize - left loop fixes:
1. Move the black light cable from the left side of the ramp to under the top part of the ramp (cut the cable tie).
2. Move the blue nub to inside the left side of the left ramp - file down the screw holes a bit.
3. Slightly bend the left side of the left ramp inwards to the right.

#9007 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’ll have to try the filing down - wasn’t game to do it on mine. thx for being guinea pig.
Agree about the cable - that’s actually the best change you can make to the left loop. I just secured mine up under the end of the wireform where it meets the ramp.
You can also slightly bend the left side of the left ramp inwards.
All 3 make the left loop super smooth on a clean shot.
To summarize - left loop fixes:
1. Move the black light cable from the left side of the ramp to under the top part of the ramp (cut the cable tie).
2. Move the blue nub to inside the left side of the left ramp - file down the nuns a bit.
3. Slightly bend the left side of the left ramp inwards to the right.

no worries...that hole in the ramp wasn't staying, so I was fearless.

I actually hit the orbit very fluidly and easy now...form is flowing....finish line is close on this piece....now to go bug my lockdown bar guy...

#9008 6 years ago

fellow Bat fanatics!!!...changed my avatar, as I couldn't stand looking at it anymore, w all the baggage that went with it....on to further Bat Adventures!!!...mark

#9009 6 years ago

Can you guys tell me if you think scoring is balanced? I watched a 5 Billion pts video recently where the bat turntable kept spinning on its own during MB causing major points to rack up. Is it supposed to do that? Can you cradle up and just let it spin/points for free?

#9010 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

fellow Bat fanatics!!!...changed my avatar, as I couldn't stand looking at it anymore, w all the baggage that went with it....on to further Bat Adventures!!!...mark

Have you given up on getting your Alien?

#9011 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Can you guys tell me if you think scoring is balanced? I watched a 5 Billion pts video recently where the bat turntable kept spinning on its own during MB causing major points to rack up

That guy probably would've gotten that score without the spinner. He's definitely a player. Great video but I could've done without his comments trashing the game. The scoring seems to be getting more balanced with each update.

#9012 6 years ago

such lovely artwork! soon be able to play again!

IMG_8789 (resized).JPGIMG_8789 (resized).JPG

#9013 6 years ago

My spinner doesn't move without a hit. The only time it moves on it's own is when the turntable stops to reveal the cave. At not other point does a spin count as points.

Penguin is still worth the most as the countdown shot to start phase 3 seems to start at a much higher level than the riddler or joker version.

1. Penguin
2. Riddler
3. Joker
4. Catwoman

I think it's pretty fair, because Penguin mode has more risk than the rest. Catwoman doesn't have much risk to it and makes sense for it to be worth less. It's a good 2nd villain to earn EB.

#9014 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Have you given up on getting your Alien?

Just "out of site, out of mind"...im in almost 4 years, bought 3 games since, and it just was getting really hard to stare at my avatar anymore....have no idea if I'll ever get the call...I put a '68 charger up there...1st car I ever owned...safer that way ( on my nerves)

#9015 6 years ago

Does anyone know the name of the voice actor who did the “Gotham City” opening call outs on Batman 66?

#9016 6 years ago
Quoted from Mojosan:

Does anyone know the name of the voice actor who did the “Gotham City” opening call outs on Batman 66?

It’s either Batman Producer/Narrator William Dozier or a very good impersonator.

#9017 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

It’s either Batman Producer/Narrator William Dozier or a very good impersonator.

Given that he died in 1991, it's not him.

The voice has the right intonations, but I wouldn't call him an impersonator.

#9018 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Sorry if this was covered already, but has anyone seen what very much appears to be Steve Ritchie in one of the many extra ball animations. I'm 99% sure it's him wearing a black tucked in t shirt with glasses.
I know I'm not hallucinating because my buddy didn't believe so then we went glass off to confirm... and sure enough.
Steve Ritchie is the new cow Easter egg lol

Just saw this..pretty rad. Any other Easter eggs?

#9019 6 years ago

Yes, trying to find out who it is.

#9020 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Given that he died in 1991, it's not him.
The voice has the right intonations, but I wouldn't call him an impersonator.

I assumed, like all of the video, it was just lifted from the original show.

#9021 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I’m fairly certain that is the case.

#9022 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

The narrator callouts were not pulled from the show. They were custom made for the game by a voice actor Stern auditioned that sounded like William Dozier.

I like how the start of each game has a different description from the narrator, it was a <fill in the blank> day in Gotham. They did the same at the beginning of most episodes of the show. Another great way to make each game you play feel like an episode of the show.

The narrator also has a lot of time related callouts in the code. Looking forward to see If Lyman has something unique up his sleeve for those.

#9023 6 years ago

The games are full of Stern people like WPT
On TWD the guy with the riffle on prison multiball start is Lyman, there is also a zombie that looks like John Borg, ... So not surprised to see this in here

#9024 6 years ago

Ok last health update on me here on this my favorite Pinside thread. After a successful “craniotomy” last Thursday (tumor removed) I got the call that I had been stressing about since my diagnosis.. my pathology report, It turns out my tumor which was the size of a lemon was a benign grade 1 tumor (not cancer) which was the best possible news I could have received. I was able to sit down with my Daughter and tell her that her dad didn’t have cancer which was a pretty special moment. I can’t begin to say how lucky I feel and considering that 1 week ago I was in ICU recovering from brain surgery and today I am resting at home. I am still struggling with my speech a bit as it can be difficult for me sometimes to put my thoughts into words and I am dealing with some serious headaches but all things considered I feel very very lucky!!
Fun fact I got off of my anti seizure meds 2 days ago and finally me and my Bat Dog (Noah) went and played my BM66 and I beat my all time high score! The thing is that I have never been a great pinball player and have always struggled with making consistent shots, it seems that this tumor was pushing on an area that affected my motor function because I am hitting shots and playing better and more consistently than I ever have!
On a side note I am probably going to have to think about a different hairstyle.

wow. absolutely amazing dude. phew!!!!!

#9025 6 years ago

Didn't know it was possible to score this many points in a single mode. This game rules!!

IMAG0774_1_1 (resized).jpgIMAG0774_1_1 (resized).jpg

#9026 6 years ago

Didn't know it was possible to score this many points in a single mode. This game rules!!

Dam! Show off. Lol. I would be pleased if that was my total finished score. Very nice

#9027 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Dam! Show off. Lol. I would be pleased if that was my total finished score. Very nice

Lol thanks! I just kept continuing the mode. And when Super Jackpot was lit I ignored it and kept hitting more qualifying shots. I think the more shots you can hit when SJ is lit the points really start adding up. Especially when you're running playfield multipliers with it.

#9028 6 years ago

Yep, just stay in Penguin and play it out till the end. Throw in a couple of multipliers and a multiball or two and you’re going to get 1b plus every game.

rd

#9029 6 years ago

Has anyone had this happen? Turntable stopped working, received this error:

AF838971-A386-474E-8020-E831D2604995 (resized).jpegAF838971-A386-474E-8020-E831D2604995 (resized).jpeg

#9030 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep, just stay in Penguin and play it out till the end. Throw in a couple of multipliers and a multiball or two and you’re going to get 1b plus every game.
rd

Pretty much.

8934F1DA-23FE-4D82-9E27-6969ADE5102B (resized).jpeg8934F1DA-23FE-4D82-9E27-6969ADE5102B (resized).jpeg

#9031 6 years ago

I believe the best thing about this Batman 66 clip was the henchmen with shirts.

#9032 6 years ago

I know Penguin is valuable, but pretty sure I was playing catwoman the other night all the way through and hit most shots for each continuation/cliffhanger. In the last stage I was getting over 100m per shot for the gadget targets.

#9033 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know Penguin is valuable, but pretty sure I was playing catwoman the other night all the way through and hit most shots for each continuation/cliffhanger. In the last stage I was getting over 100m per shot for the gadget targets.

The others can be big scorers but Penguin is the best.

#9034 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Sounds like a call to Stern is in your future.

Did you notice anything unusual about the turntable operation before you got the error?

#9035 6 years ago

Node board #9 controls the turntable. Perhaps that is your issue. Might just be a simple swap out and you will be back in business. I would disconnect and reconnect all wires going into that node board. Perhaps loose or bad connection. If that does not fix the issue I would swap out the node board. Good luck.

#9036 6 years ago

Paul is the Yelobirds SLE style speaker grill you have installed on your LE? I really like the looks of that!

#9037 6 years ago

Thanks for the help!

#9038 6 years ago

Paul is the Yelobirds SLE style speaker grill you have installed on your LE? I really like the looks of that!

Yes it is. It looks great.

#9039 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Yes it is. It looks great.

Looks just like an SLE! Thinking this will be my next mod

#9040 6 years ago

From Stern of the Union today, a new preview code release will be shown at TPF next weekend. Those in attendance report back
Sounds like our next update will be a few weeks off yet.

#9041 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

yes, wires underneath gets pulled up into the motor. check it.

#9042 6 years ago

#9043 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

From Stern of the Union today, a new preview code release will be shown at TPF next weekend. Those in attendance report back

Woohoo, fingers crossed for some Batgirl!

#9044 6 years ago

I want some Milton Berle in a code update.

BF69CDC9-E54D-4337-9B78-6CB329585942 (resized).jpegBF69CDC9-E54D-4337-9B78-6CB329585942 (resized).jpeg

#9045 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Not possible. They are updating BM66 code every other week.

Does not compute. Does not compute.

#9046 6 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Check the Node Board 9A and 9B that run to the motor control board. I have two replacements coming from Stern because I was receiving the same error. It is losing the connection. I think that is it. Good luck.

#9047 6 years ago

Size differnce on titan slim posts to regualr. Great to open that right orbit more

20180308_132242 (resized).jpg20180308_132242 (resized).jpg

#9048 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Size differnce on titan slim posts to regualr. Great to open that right orbit more

Slim posts in that area don't last long at all. My slim post had a hole in the middle in less than a year. Put a standard post on and so far no excessive wear.

#9049 6 years ago

Looks like we are getting 1.01 code at TPF! Anybody else see that email from Game room guys by mistake?

#9050 6 years ago

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 2.56.42 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-08 at 2.56.42 PM (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/181?hl=kirboturbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.