PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 373.
#8951 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Alright bat heads, I’m biting. What’s going on with BM66? When I played this game a little over a year ago I wrote it off. Not just cause there was no code, I know better...or at least I thought I did; but I wrote it off cause the shots were a complete clunk fest turd. I had no desire of wanting to ever play the game again - no matter if/when Lyman sprinkled his magic on it.
Fast forward to last night; I go play some pins on location; Mind you where I live, the best location Pinball is 2 hours away from my home - So I don’t get the luxury of playing modern games in good working condition on location very often. But luckily I was working on a project near this location (Ayce Gogi) so I broke away to get some games in, primarily to play Houdini and TNA. I got 5 games in on Houdini and about 10 on TNA. I then gave SW PREM a go followed by Dialed In (which are 2 games I’ve played and enjoyed in the past). It was time for me to leave, I was running late to get home to the wife and kids. But, I still had a few quarters in my pocket and BM66 was staring me down. I say, what the hell I’ll play a ball or 2 just to see how the code has progressed.
Holy shit Batman! This game just stole the show. I had fun on it; the main mech which was a complete turd last time I played it actually worked; it was locking balls, flinging balls with magnet, registering hits, and the tesserect spinner thing worked really good too! Wtf just happened. Even the shots started feeling good. It still felt a little clunky compared to all the other pins I played that day, but it wasn’t as clunky as I remembered; it was more like LOTR clunky (which is one of my favorite games). The music and call outs were fascinating, the rules seemed very Lyman’esk and good. I have nothing bad to say about BM66 except I wish I had more time to play on it. One game turned into 4 and it would have been more if I didn’t have to get home on what would now be a 2 1/2 hour drive home in LA traffic.
So yea, I definitely need to get more time on this game now. But a few questions and thoughts. I’ve always been a believer that code can make or break a game; and just like TWD, Lyman made that game one of the best. But I truly believed the layout and design of BM66 had no hope and was a waste of resources to put Lyman on. Did Lyman turn this turd of a game into something magical? Or did I just happen to catch this game when it was dialed in and working? Are there issues with this game as far as setup and dialing in mechanical features and ramps? How does this game compare to other recent release games like TWD, GOT, SW, AC/DC, MET, etc... one good pinsiders friend told me he still prefers his SW PRO to BM66 and that BM66 has long ball times. The one at Ayce was brutal and getting lots of outlane drains, but how are the ball times and how quick is the progression through the game of BM66? Is grindy like MET? Or breadth and quick like GOT?
Sorry for the long post. But I need to have the scoop on this pin.
And FWIW; if I had to rank my experience yesterday...
Most fun pin goes to:
1. BM66
2. TNA
3. Dialed In
4. Houdini
5. SW PREM
Most want to own pin goes to:
1. BM66
2. Houdini
3. TNA
4. Dialed In
5. SW PREM

I feel very similar. I first played BM66 at Pin A GO Go last May and totally wrote it off. Couldn’t believe how horrible it was. Loved the theme however.

Flash forward to November: I have A TNA on order. I went to my local dist. Warehouse for an open house. Played some Walking Dead, GoT Pre, then decided to play some Batman 66, why not? Couldn’t believe how much fun and better it was from last May when I had last played it. Could’nt stop thinking about the game through the holidays and ultimately decided to sell off my TNA spot to buys BM66 from my local distributor. Extemely glad I did.

#8952 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Did you go all black on the rubbers or color?

I kept it simple and did clear all around and blue on the flippers.

#8953 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I kept it simple and did clear all around and blue on the flippers.

Ditto....

#8954 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

taz and others will be able to give you a more in depth opinion to gameplay

I was extremely critical of BM66 game play last Summer when you could literally see the entire game on 3 good balls. That's changed a lot over the past 5 updates or so. Like others have said, the theme immersion is very good. Apparently, the license allows content from any of 120 episodes, including call outs and video clips, plus custom call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward. As you go through villain modes, it advances through a series of events from a particular episode involving that villain. It's not just thrown together (as I've heard about GotG), the video clips are linked together appropriately. So, the more shots made, the more you see of the struggle between Batman/Robin and that particular villain: usually a fight, sometimes investigative work, the classic walking up the side of a building, or in the case of Joker, him laughing at the Dynamic Duo and fighting, etc.

The game is on code version .87 and probably around that percentage complete as I type this, and most obviously, it's missing a few more Minor Villain opportunities in Season 3 and Batgirl, which are hopefully coming shortly, probably along with a combined wizard mode. At present, there are 10 villain modes in the game, four Major Villains, and 6 Minor Villains. Some of the Minor Villains will have more than one mode, such as King Tut being a Minor Villain in both Season 1 and Season 3 (different episodes featured though). The Major Villains have a continue option that allows a quick checkout with less points, or the opportunity to fight them deeper into their modes for more points. The primary multiball is a Batcave fight between the Dynamic Duo and Joker/Penguin. It's generally achieved through 3 locks to the rotisserie out of the right orbit, or/and a mystery award and is unrelated to progress in either Major or Minor Villains. Shame is a Season 2 Minor Villain and also a two ball multiball, the only one in the game at present.

There's only one "at large" mode in the game at present and that's Bat Turn. It's a cool mode and stacks with whatever else is going on at the time. There are two primary ways to attack the game right now, each ending in mini wizard modes. Capture the four Major Villains, whether jailing them early or later doesn't matter, to achieve multiball through Villain Escape, though jailing early has huge point consequences. Complete at least one Minor Villain from each of the 3 Seasons and achieve multiball through Batusi. IMHO, Batusi is more difficult to achieve than Villain Escape due to how the Minor Villain modes are timed presently (time can sometimes be extended 20 seconds by a Mystery Award from left orbit). There's arguably about 27 modes in the game at present, if you count the various 3-4 depth layers and continue options of each Major Villain, a couple of King Tuts, multiballs, mini-wizards, etc.

The game is already pure chaos and a massive stacking adventure. It's not uncommon to have a Major Villain, Minor Villain, and Bat Turn going at the same time, and even possibly a multiball. Four modes is the most I've been able to get going at once and they show up as small TV screens on the main display to show what all is running. You can switch between the modes using the center button in order to prioritize the mode you're most interested in as the mode you can hear and see on the playfield. Good luck trying to move around between modes a little while stacked in multiball, without quickly losing those balls. With three or four modes going at the same time, it's nearly impossible to follow a particular mode and Minor Villains often get lost in the shuffle of stacked modes, making them sometimes difficult to complete due to time lost keeping them prioritized, even in multiball. After a ball drains the Minor Villain modes are ended, but Major Villain mode progress continues on to the next ball. Gadgets factor in a little bit for adding shots with the press of a button, but they aren't yet enabled to anything spectacular or differentiated between types of gadgets, like I hope they might be by the end, though I doubt it will happen.

IMHO, the left orbit is the most important shot in the game. It's half of what's needed for Riddler, Mystery Awards, Extra Balls, and starting Minor Villains. It's a tight shot and easily bricked until you dial it in while playing. Once you start hitting it regularly, the game takes off. The rotisserie is usually not a distraction to me, other than I'm sometimes ahead of it to answer the Batphone if I quickly get control of the ball out of the right scoop. There are scoring strategies, as pointed out by others in this thread, such as in Penguin. Also, another cool challenge is trying not to restart Major Villains. Such as lining up Riddler to go and before you hit the magnet to answer the phone, it falls into the Penguin scoop and triggers Penguin who you might have already played. I think there's a setting for that, but I like the extra challenge later in the game. There are also combos which will produce various cool bat vehicles crossing the screen.

I find BM66 to have longer ball play than most of my games, other than Avengers, but it seems to be just about right for this game. I don't know if there's a way to setup the game to make the tight orbit shots easier. Some have tweaked the left orbit to widen it up a bit by moving the left ramp's left outside blue pad (near the entry to the ramp) to the inside of the left ramp. Regardless, there is a little bit of flailing around sometimes if you aren't on target. Also, to be fair to the playfield layout design, a little bit of side to side flailing is desirable as it helps build up gadgets and light TVs (necessary for Minor Villains) without a high risk of out lane drains. Once the modes start though, there's too much chaos to notice much. Oh, and another thing I've noticed. It's impossible to try to focus just on Minor Villains, for instance. The rest of the game modes insist on participating. The episodes chosen for the villains are superb. From Shame's "Batfella" quote to Tut calling an event "in accordance with the prophecy," to the splatter of eggs popping during Two Egg, to Joker saying, "get him Pengy," it's classic Batman entertainment immersion.

There are lots of mods developed with TLC by owners available in this thread, from a lit Batsignal for the back of the game, improved topper Batsignal, lots of Yelobird mods like the Atomic Pile, the Batparachute Van, left ramp upgrade, etc.

#8955 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was extremely critical of BM66 game play last Summer when you could literally see the entire game on 3 good balls. That's changed a lot over the past 3 updates or so. Like others have said, the theme immersion is very good. Apparently, the license allows content from any of 120 episodes, including call outs and video clips, plus custom call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward. As you go through villain modes, it advances a series of events from a particular episode involving that villain. It's not just thrown together (as I've heard about GotG), they're linked appropriately. So, the more shots hit, the more you see of the events between Batman/Robin and that particular villain, often times a fight, or in the case of Joker, him laughing at the Dynamic Duo and fighting.
The game is at about .87 complete as I type this and most obviously, it's missing a few more Minor Villain opportunities in Season 3 and Batgirl, which are hopefully coming shortly, probably along with a combined wizard mode. At present, there are 10 villain modes in the game, four Major Villains, and 6 Minor Villains. Some of the Minor Villains will have more than one mode, such as King Tut being already in Season 1 and Season 3 (different episodes though). The Major Villains have a continue option that allows a quick checkout with less points, or the opportunity to fight them deeper into their modes for more points. The primary multiball is a Batcave fight between the Dynamic Duo and Joker/Penguin. It's generally achieved through 3 locks to the rotisserie out of the right orbit, or/and a mystery award and is unrelated to progress in either Major or Minor Villains. Shame is a Season 2 Minor Villain and also a two ball multiball, the only one in the game at present.
There's only one "at large" mode in the game at present and that's Bat Turn. It's a cool mode and stacks with whatever else is going on at the time. There are two primary ways to attack the game right now, each ending in mini wizard modes. Capture the four Major Villains, whether jailing them early or later doesn't matter, to achieve multiball through Villain Escape, though jailing early has huge point consequences. Complete at least one Minor Villain from each of the 3 Seasons and achieve multiball through Batusi. IMHO, Batusi is more difficult to achieve than Villain Escape due to how the Minor Villain modes are timed presently. There's arguably about 27 modes in the game at present, if you count the various depth layers and continue options of each Major Villain, a couple of King Tuts, multiballs, mini-wizards, etc.
The game is already pure chaos and a massive stacking adventure. It's not uncommon to have a Major Villain, Minor Villain, and Bat Turn going at the same time, and even possibly a multiball. Four modes is the most I've been able to get going at once and they show up as small TV screens on the main display to show what all is running. You can switch between the modes using the center button in order to prioritize the mode you're most interested in as the mode you can hear and see on the playfield. Try moving around between modes some in multiball, by the way. With three or four modes going at the same time, it's nearly impossible to follow a particular mode and Minor Villains often get lost in the shuffle of stacked modes, making them sometimes difficult to complete due to time lost keeping them prioritized, even in multiball. After a ball drains the Minor Villain modes are ended, but Major Villain mode progress continues on to the next ball. Gadgets factor in a little bit for adding shots with the press of a button, but they aren't yet enabled to anything spectacular or differentiated between types of gadgets, like I hope they might be by the end, though I doubt it.
IMHO, the left orbit is the most important shot in the game. It's half of what's needed for Riddler, Mystery Awards, Extra Balls, and starting Minor Villains. It's a tight shot and easily bricked until you dial it in while playing. Once you start hitting it regularly, the game takes off. The rotisserie is usually not a distraction to me, other than I'm sometimes ahead of it to answer the Batphone if I quickly get control of the ball out of the right scoop. There are scoring strategies, as pointed out by others in this thread, such as in Penguin. Also, another cool challenge is trying not to restart Major Villains. Such as lining up Riddler to go and before you hit the magnet to answer the phone, it falls into the Penguin scoop which you've already played. I think there's a setting for that, but I like the extra challenge later in the game. There are also combos which will produce various cool bat vehicles crossing the screen.
I find BM66 to have longer ball play than most of my games, other than Avengers, but it seems to be just about right for this game. I don't know if there's a way to setup the game to make the tight orbit shots easier. Some have tweaked the left orbit to widen it up a bit by moving a blue playfield piece to the left ramp. Regardless, there is a little bit of flailing around sometimes if you aren't on target. Also, to be fair to the playfield layout, a little necessary bit of side to side flailing helps build up gadgets and light TVs without a high risk of out lane drains. Once the modes start though, there's too much chaos to notice much. Oh, and another thing I've noticed. It's impossible to try to focus just on Minor Villains, for instance. The rest of the game modes insist on participating.
There are lots of mods developed with TLC by owners available in this thread, from a lit Batsignal for the back of the game, improved topper Batsignal, lots of Yelobird mods like the Atomic Pile, the Batparachute Van, left ramp upgrade, etc.

Can you take a picture of what you did to make the left orbit flow better?

#8956 6 years ago

Can you take a picture of what you did to make the left orbit flow better?

I haven't made the change yet, but many others have discussed it in this thread. On the outside of both sides of the left ramp at the ramp entry there are blue pads. The change is to move the blue pad on the outside left of the ramp to the inside of the ramp creating a little bit more room for the left orbit. I plan to get around to that as soon as I do some preventive shoring up of my cabinet.

#8957 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was extremely critical of BM66 game play last Summer when you could literally see the entire game on 3 good balls. That's changed a lot over the past 3 updates or so. Like others have said, the theme immersion is very good. Apparently, the license allows content from any of 120 episodes, including call outs and video clips, plus custom call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward. As you go through villain modes, it advances a series of events from a particular episode involving that villain. It's not just thrown together (as I've heard about GotG), they're linked appropriately. So, the more shots hit, the more you see of the events between Batman/Robin and that particular villain, often times a fight, or in the case of Joker, him laughing at the Dynamic Duo and fighting.
The game is at about .87 complete as I type this and most obviously, it's missing a few more Minor Villain opportunities in Season 3 and Batgirl, which are hopefully coming shortly, probably along with a combined wizard mode. At present, there are 10 villain modes in the game, four Major Villains, and 6 Minor Villains. Some of the Minor Villains will have more than one mode, such as King Tut being already in Season 1 and Season 3 (different episodes though). The Major Villains have a continue option that allows a quick checkout with less points, or the opportunity to fight them deeper into their modes for more points. The primary multiball is a Batcave fight between the Dynamic Duo and Joker/Penguin. It's generally achieved through 3 locks to the rotisserie out of the right orbit, or/and a mystery award and is unrelated to progress in either Major or Minor Villains. Shame is a Season 2 Minor Villain and also a two ball multiball, the only one in the game at present.
There's only one "at large" mode in the game at present and that's Bat Turn. It's a cool mode and stacks with whatever else is going on at the time. There are two primary ways to attack the game right now, each ending in mini wizard modes. Capture the four Major Villains, whether jailing them early or later doesn't matter, to achieve multiball through Villain Escape, though jailing early has huge point consequences. Complete at least one Minor Villain from each of the 3 Seasons and achieve multiball through Batusi. IMHO, Batusi is more difficult to achieve than Villain Escape due to how the Minor Villain modes are timed presently. There's arguably about 27 modes in the game at present, if you count the various depth layers and continue options of each Major Villain, a couple of King Tuts, multiballs, mini-wizards, etc.
The game is already pure chaos and a massive stacking adventure. It's not uncommon to have a Major Villain, Minor Villain, and Bat Turn going at the same time, and even possibly a multiball. Four modes is the most I've been able to get going at once and they show up as small TV screens on the main display to show what all is running. You can switch between the modes using the center button in order to prioritize the mode you're most interested in as the mode you can hear and see on the playfield. Try moving around between modes some in multiball, by the way. With three or four modes going at the same time, it's nearly impossible to follow a particular mode and Minor Villains often get lost in the shuffle of stacked modes, making them sometimes difficult to complete due to time lost keeping them prioritized, even in multiball. After a ball drains the Minor Villain modes are ended, but Major Villain mode progress continues on to the next ball. Gadgets factor in a little bit for adding shots with the press of a button, but they aren't yet enabled to anything spectacular or differentiated between types of gadgets, like I hope they might be by the end, though I doubt it.
IMHO, the left orbit is the most important shot in the game. It's half of what's needed for Riddler, Mystery Awards, Extra Balls, and starting Minor Villains. It's a tight shot and easily bricked until you dial it in while playing. Once you start hitting it regularly, the game takes off. The rotisserie is usually not a distraction to me, other than I'm sometimes ahead of it to answer the Batphone if I quickly get control of the ball out of the right scoop. There are scoring strategies, as pointed out by others in this thread, such as in Penguin. Also, another cool challenge is trying not to restart Major Villains. Such as lining up Riddler to go and before you hit the magnet to answer the phone, it falls into the Penguin scoop which you've already played. I think there's a setting for that, but I like the extra challenge later in the game. There are also combos which will produce various cool bat vehicles crossing the screen.
I find BM66 to have longer ball play than most of my games, other than Avengers, but it seems to be just about right for this game. I don't know if there's a way to setup the game to make the tight orbit shots easier. Some have tweaked the left orbit to widen it up a bit by moving a blue playfield piece to the left ramp. Regardless, there is a little bit of flailing around sometimes if you aren't on target. Also, to be fair to the playfield layout, a little necessary bit of side to side flailing helps build up gadgets and light TVs without a high risk of out lane drains. Once the modes start though, there's too much chaos to notice much. Oh, and another thing I've noticed. It's impossible to try to focus just on Minor Villains, for instance. The rest of the game modes insist on participating.

Couldn't have said it better.....

#8958 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I haven't made the change yet, but many others have discussed it in this thread. On the outside of both sides of the left ramp at the ramp entry there are blue pads. The change is to move the blue pad on the outside left of the ramp to the inside of the ramp creating a little bit more room for the left orbit. I plan to get around to that as soon as I do some preventive shoring up of my cabinet.

If you move the little zip tie a bit, rotating it to the inside, so there's less cable on the outside left edge of the ramp, that seems to help, too.

#8959 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I was extremely critical of BM66 game play last Summer when you could literally see the entire game on 3 good balls. That's changed a lot over the past 5 updates or so. Like others have said, the theme immersion is very good. Apparently, the license allows content from any of 120 episodes, including call outs and video clips, plus custom call outs from Adam West and Burt Ward. As you go through villain modes, it advances through a series of events from a particular episode involving that villain. It's not just thrown together (as I've heard about GotG), the video clips are linked together appropriately. So, the more shots made, the more you see of the struggle between Batman/Robin and that particular villain: usually a fight, sometimes investigative work, the classic walking up the side of a building, or in the case of Joker, him laughing at the Dynamic Duo and fighting, etc.
The game is on code version .87 and probably around that percentage complete as I type this, and most obviously, it's missing a few more Minor Villain opportunities in Season 3 and Batgirl, which are hopefully coming shortly, probably along with a combined wizard mode. At present, there are 10 villain modes in the game, four Major Villains, and 6 Minor Villains. Some of the Minor Villains will have more than one mode, such as King Tut being a Minor Villain in both Season 1 and Season 3 (different episodes featured though). The Major Villains have a continue option that allows a quick checkout with less points, or the opportunity to fight them deeper into their modes for more points. The primary multiball is a Batcave fight between the Dynamic Duo and Joker/Penguin. It's generally achieved through 3 locks to the rotisserie out of the right orbit, or/and a mystery award and is unrelated to progress in either Major or Minor Villains. Shame is a Season 2 Minor Villain and also a two ball multiball, the only one in the game at present.
There's only one "at large" mode in the game at present and that's Bat Turn. It's a cool mode and stacks with whatever else is going on at the time. There are two primary ways to attack the game right now, each ending in mini wizard modes. Capture the four Major Villains, whether jailing them early or later doesn't matter, to achieve multiball through Villain Escape, though jailing early has huge point consequences. Complete at least one Minor Villain from each of the 3 Seasons and achieve multiball through Batusi. IMHO, Batusi is more difficult to achieve than Villain Escape due to how the Minor Villain modes are timed presently (time can sometimes be extended 20 seconds by a Mystery Award from left orbit). There's arguably about 27 modes in the game at present, if you count the various 3-4 depth layers and continue options of each Major Villain, a couple of King Tuts, multiballs, mini-wizards, etc.
The game is already pure chaos and a massive stacking adventure. It's not uncommon to have a Major Villain, Minor Villain, and Bat Turn going at the same time, and even possibly a multiball. Four modes is the most I've been able to get going at once and they show up as small TV screens on the main display to show what all is running. You can switch between the modes using the center button in order to prioritize the mode you're most interested in as the mode you can hear and see on the playfield. Good luck trying to move around between modes a little while stacked in multiball, without quickly losing those balls. With three or four modes going at the same time, it's nearly impossible to follow a particular mode and Minor Villains often get lost in the shuffle of stacked modes, making them sometimes difficult to complete due to time lost keeping them prioritized, even in multiball. After a ball drains the Minor Villain modes are ended, but Major Villain mode progress continues on to the next ball. Gadgets factor in a little bit for adding shots with the press of a button, but they aren't yet enabled to anything spectacular or differentiated between types of gadgets, like I hope they might be by the end, though I doubt it will happen.
IMHO, the left orbit is the most important shot in the game. It's half of what's needed for Riddler, Mystery Awards, Extra Balls, and starting Minor Villains. It's a tight shot and easily bricked until you dial it in while playing. Once you start hitting it regularly, the game takes off. The rotisserie is usually not a distraction to me, other than I'm sometimes ahead of it to answer the Batphone if I quickly get control of the ball out of the right scoop. There are scoring strategies, as pointed out by others in this thread, such as in Penguin. Also, another cool challenge is trying not to restart Major Villains. Such as lining up Riddler to go and before you hit the magnet to answer the phone, it falls into the Penguin scoop and triggers Penguin who you might have already played. I think there's a setting for that, but I like the extra challenge later in the game. There are also combos which will produce various cool bat vehicles crossing the screen.
I find BM66 to have longer ball play than most of my games, other than Avengers, but it seems to be just about right for this game. I don't know if there's a way to setup the game to make the tight orbit shots easier. Some have tweaked the left orbit to widen it up a bit by moving the left ramp's left outside blue pad (near the entry to the ramp) to the inside of the left ramp. Regardless, there is a little bit of flailing around sometimes if you aren't on target. Also, to be fair to the playfield layout design, a little bit of side to side flailing is desirable as it helps build up gadgets and light TVs (necessary for Minor Villains) without a high risk of out lane drains. Once the modes start though, there's too much chaos to notice much. Oh, and another thing I've noticed. It's impossible to try to focus just on Minor Villains, for instance. The rest of the game modes insist on participating. The episodes chosen for the villains are superb. From Shame's "Batfella" quote to Tut calling an event "in accordance with the prophecy," to the splatter of eggs popping during Two Egg, to Joker saying, "get him Pengy," it's classic Batman entertainment immersion.

So is there any advantages to playing or completing certain minor villains before others? Are there rewards for completing minor or major villains? And how do you qualify batsui mb?

#8960 6 years ago

I thought bookworm became easier depending on how many minor villains you had played (completed?) already before.

My timeline experience regarding B66

At first:
Loved the looks of the game
Loved the theme, music, ... Before minor villains where in I already loved the 'cowboy' (Shame) music.
Loved to play it but interest was a little lost due to the lack of content/depth, but I always had a good feeling about the game.

0.80... I tell my friends this game is becoming really good, you might consider it, two of them follow my advice
0.86.. I play them at my friends house and I tell myself the game has become really good... and I ordered my game myself

With Lyman I have no worries that the game will become the level of twd aka "perfection"

#8961 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So is there any advantages to playing or completing certain minor villains before others? Are there rewards for completing minor or major villains? And how do you qualify batsui mb?

To qualify, you need to complete 1 minor villain from each season.

Freeze is the one to complete. All timers get frozen during your ball.

#8962 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

To qualify, you need to complete 1 minor villain from each season.
Freeze is the one to complete. All timers get frozen during your ball.

Agreed.....bookworm impossible for me at the moment..ahhhh!!!!

#8963 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Most of us are still sorting out the Minor Villains, as they're the newest part of the code, so take whatever we say with a grain of salt until you can spend some time on them. They're the most interesting part of the game to me though and on .87 code you have a choice of the following, each with unique rules and difficulty. Also, once attempted, they're locked out from further attempts, even if you don't complete them.

Season 1 - Mad Hatter, King Tut, Book Worm
Season 2 - Two Egg, Mr. Freeze, Shame
Season 3 - King Tut

To get to Batusi you must "complete," not start one from each season (your choice) which lights the Season inserts, then hit a solid left orbit to the Batsignal. Season 2 seems to be the hardest for me, even though you only have one option for Season 3 at present. I've been to Batusi once and took the path of Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, and King Tut. I've completed both King Tuts and Mad Hatter multiple times, but the others seem much more difficult to me for some reason. They're complicated by almost always being stacked with other modes and on timers, so a couple of bricked shots that get to slinging around uncontrolled can eat your time up.

Mr. Freeze was recently updated to add the Dynamic Duo in snow cones. His is a very "cool" mode. You shoot flashing red lights to turn them white and then shoot them again to put the light out. Shame is a two ball multiball that as far as I know, I've not come close to finishing. Once one of the balls drain, and it's not a long ball save, you're out of Shame mode. I tend to select Shame when on my final ball knowing the end is near, to try and get a little extra mileage out of that two baller against other running modes. As someone mentioned earlier, Book Worm is supposed to be easier once you've completed some other minor villains. Like Shame I have a 100% failure rate on Book Worm so I can't add anything to that. Someone previously mentioned that Two Egg shouldn't be that hard either, but each time I start him I seem to drain quickly. It must those egg shots to the head.

Others might chime in with more specifics on various Minor Villain modes.

#8964 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Most of us are still sorting out the Minor Villains, as they're the newest part of the code, so take whatever we say with a grain of salt until you can spend some time on them. They're the most interesting part of the game to me though and on .87 code you have a choice of the following, each with unique rules and difficulty. Also, once attempted, they're locked out from further attempts, even if you don't complete them.
Season 1 - Mad Hatter, King Tut, Book Worm
Season 2 - Two Egg, Mr. Freeze, Shame
Season 3 - King Tut
To get to Batusi you must "complete," not start one from each season (your choice) which lights the Season inserts, then hit a solid left orbit to the Batsignal. Season 2 seems to be the hardest for me, even though you only have one option for Season 3 at present. I've been to Batusi once and took the path of Mad Hatter, Mr. Freeze, and King Tut. I've completed both King Tuts and Mad Hatter multiple times, but the others seem much more difficult to me for some reason. They're complicated by almost always being stacked with other modes and on timers, so a couple of bricked shots that get to slinging around uncontrolled can eat your time up.
Mr. Freeze was recently updated to add the Dynamic Duo in snow cones. His is a very "cool" mode. You shoot flashing red lights to turn them white and then shoot them again to put the light out. Shame is a two ball multiball that as far as I know, I've not come close to finishing. Once one of the balls drain, and it's not a long ball save, you're out of Shame mode. I tend to select Shame when on my final ball knowing the end is near, to try and get a little extra mileage out of that two baller against other running modes. As someone mentioned earlier, Book Worm is supposed to be easier once you've completed some other minor villains. Like Shame I have a 100% failure rate on Book Worm so I can't add anything to that. Someone previously mentioned that Two Egg shouldn't be that hard either, but each time I start him I seem to drain quickly. It must those egg shots to the head.
Others might chime in with more specifics on various Minor Villain modes.

Once you ply a through all the minor villains, they all become unlocked to play through again. Not 100% sure if completed ones become unlocked too, I'd imagine they would.

#8965 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Once you ply a through all the minor villains, they all become unlocked to play through again. Not 100% sure if completed ones become unlocked too, I'd imagine they would.

That's good news.....and yet another difference between Lopp and Lyman games. No roadblock. Of course, good luck being good enough to get through them all and come back around to complete a failed Season 2 Minor Villain.

#8966 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

That's good news.....and yet another difference between Lopp and Lyman games. No roadblock. Of course, good luck being good enough to get through them all and come back around to complete a failed Season 2 Minor Villain.

True! We should call him Ronnie Loop cause he just loops his code.
How long have you had bm66? And how does it stack up to GOT and TWD?

#8967 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

True! We should call him Ronnie Loop cause he just loops his code.
How long have you had bm66? And how does it stack up to GOT and TWD?

I was a preorder buyer of BM66 right off the bat, so I got the game about January 2017. It sat quite a bit through last Summer as the original code was too shallow for much repeat play. I confess that I didn't see the path forward that Lyman took, so my faith in significant game improvement was weaker then most other owners back in those days. However, I now like BM66 better than both GoT and TWD, though TWD is very close. TWD is harder to setup and less forgiving, particularly from the prison shot, though it has more ways to attack the game right now than BM66. Playing TWD is kind of like a struggle or fight due to the danger of a cheap drain, which is appropriate for the theme. BM66 seems to be more leisurely fun.

For some reason, I can't get into GoT at all. It owns me and I just don't care that much for game play. I'd like to sell it if I could without losing my butt. I guess I'll spend more time on GoT in the coming months trying to improve my game play.

#8968 6 years ago

I wonder what Batman Premium sales are like from Thanksgiving to now compared to sales levels last year.

Sure seems to be an uptick in interest and people actually putting their money where their mouth is.

#8969 6 years ago

Ok last health update on me here on this my favorite Pinside thread. After a successful “craniotomy” last Thursday (tumor removed) I got the call that I had been stressing about since my diagnosis.. my pathology report, It turns out my tumor which was the size of a lemon was a benign grade 1 tumor (not cancer) which was the best possible news I could have received. I was able to sit down with my Daughter and tell her that her dad didn’t have cancer which was a pretty special moment. I can’t begin to say how lucky I feel and considering that 1 week ago I was in ICU recovering from brain surgery and today I am resting at home. I am still struggling with my speech a bit as it can be difficult for me sometimes to put my thoughts into words and I am dealing with some serious headaches but all things considered I feel very very lucky!!
Fun fact I got off of my anti seizure meds 2 days ago and finally me and my Bat Dog (Noah) went and played my BM66 and I beat my all time high score! The thing is that I have never been a great pinball player and have always struggled with making consistent shots, it seems that this tumor was pushing on an area that affected my motor function because I am hitting shots and playing better and more consistently than I ever have!

On a side note I am probably going to have to think about a different hairstyle.

5EA1E670-11DF-4433-9615-AC07EA860617 (resized).jpeg5EA1E670-11DF-4433-9615-AC07EA860617 (resized).jpeg

678EDC46-1C15-48D5-B7D0-9D37F1E186D3 (resized).jpeg678EDC46-1C15-48D5-B7D0-9D37F1E186D3 (resized).jpeg

883D04E8-597C-41E8-BA2F-4AADB1822A71 (resized).png883D04E8-597C-41E8-BA2F-4AADB1822A71 (resized).png

#8970 6 years ago

Wow great news Concrete !! That last photo must have been frightening as hell... Good to hear you are recovering and that it was not cancer !

#8971 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Ok last health update on me here on this my favorite Pinside thread. After a successful “craniotomy” last Thursday (tumor removed) I got the call that I had been stressing about since my diagnosis.. my pathology report, It turns out my tumor which was the size of a lemon was a benign grade 1 tumor (not cancer) which was the best possible news I could have received. I was able to sit down with my Daughter and tell her that her dad didn’t have cancer which was a pretty special moment. I can’t begin to say how lucky I feel and considering that 1 week ago I was in ICU recovering from brain surgery and today I am resting at home. I am still struggling with my speech a bit as it can be difficult for me sometimes to put my thoughts into words and I am dealing with some serious headaches but all things considered I feel very very lucky!!
Fun fact I got off of my anti seizure meds 2 days ago and finally me and my Bat Dog (Noah) went and played my BM66 and I beat my all time high score! The thing is that I have never been a great pinball player and have always struggled with making consistent shots, it seems that this tumor was pushing on an area that affected my motor function because I am hitting shots and playing better and more consistently than I ever have!
On a side note I am probably going to have to think about a different hairstyle.

Congrats in the great news! That thing was huge! Now its out we could have the next Keith Elwin on our hands.

#8972 6 years ago

Amazing news rest and heal up

#8973 6 years ago

Best news ever. So happy for you and your family bro.

#8974 6 years ago

Absolutely fantastic news. You've certainly been through the emotions these past few weeks. Best wishes to you and the family. Made up for you man.

#8975 6 years ago

Glad to hear the good news! Hopefully your new pinball "super powers" last a while.

#8976 6 years ago

Great news!!!! You had prayers from me and my family brother. Enjoy life....

#8977 6 years ago

Amazing, great news!!!! I'm so happy for you and your family....enjoy the journey, Pinbud!!!!!

(with your strength, Batman doesn't stand a chance.....)..

#8978 6 years ago

That is fantastic news, really happy for you and your family. Rest up and make sure you have a nice dinner with the family when you are up for it.

#8979 6 years ago

Congrats Concrete to you and your Family. Wonderful news and a super outcome! Each day will now be clearer in Pinball and more importantly Life! So happy for you.

#8980 6 years ago

Fantastic news!

I am still struggling with my speech a bit as it can be difficult for me sometimes to put my thoughts into words

When you get old like me this will happen without a brain tumor or surgery ...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

#8981 6 years ago

Congrats on the great news, and yeah, the purple ink isn't working with that hair...

#8982 6 years ago

So happy to hear this!

#8983 6 years ago

Great news.

#8984 6 years ago

Holy shit! That’s like a baseball in your brain!

Thank goodness it all turned out ok ..!!

rd

#8985 6 years ago

I told you.... “You will dance with your Daughter in her wedding"...TRUST ME!

#8986 6 years ago

Best news ever!!! I’m so happy for you and your family. It’s moments like this in life that remind us what’s most important. And that scar on your head will always be there to remind you of how precious life is.

#8987 6 years ago

Concretehardt great news my man, fantastic for you and all the family

#8988 6 years ago

Man that is awesome news. You have been in my thoughts and I'm just so happy for you. Im still wishing you a speedy recovery.

On the hair. Have you seen kids styles these days? Your new style probably makes you hip and cool where before you were just becoming some old dude

#8989 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

On the hair. Have you seen kids styles these days? Your new style probably makes you hip and cool where before you were just becoming some old dude

The new hair and that scar will likely make him the most badass looking pinball player in all of the West Coast, plus with a name like concretehard no one is gonna argue with the man again

#8990 6 years ago

Wow! What great news! Very happy to hear that this story has a happy ending. All the best to you and your family.

#8991 6 years ago

Most Excellent news Concrete! Party on dude!

Brad

ee12d23fd6fe0aed04b082c324d5ca0d5f0bc980c038aac953883342f0e6ca42.jpgee12d23fd6fe0aed04b082c324d5ca0d5f0bc980c038aac953883342f0e6ca42.jpg

#8992 6 years ago

Wow!!! Nice to see a great ending for Your battle where it was conquered!!!!

So happy for You!!!

Paul

#8993 6 years ago

eggcellent news!

#8994 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Alright bat heads, I’m biting. What’s going on with BM66? When I played this game a little over a year ago I wrote it off. Not just cause there was no code, I know better...or at least I thought I did; but I wrote it off cause the shots were a complete clunk fest turd. I had no desire of wanting to ever play the game again - no matter if/when Lyman sprinkled his magic on it.
Fast forward to last night; I go play some pins on location; Mind you where I live, the best location Pinball is 2 hours away from my home - So I don’t get the luxury of playing modern games in good working condition on location very often. But luckily I was working on a project near this location (Ayce Gogi) so I broke away to get some games in, primarily to play Houdini and TNA. I got 5 games in on Houdini and about 10 on TNA. I then gave SW PREM a go followed by Dialed In (which are 2 games I’ve played and enjoyed in the past). It was time for me to leave, I was running late to get home to the wife and kids. But, I still had a few quarters in my pocket and BM66 was staring me down. I say, what the hell I’ll play a ball or 2 just to see how the code has progressed.
Holy shit Batman! This game just stole the show. I had fun on it; the main mech which was a complete turd last time I played it actually worked; it was locking balls, flinging balls with magnet, registering hits, and the tesserect spinner thing worked really good too! Wtf just happened. Even the shots started feeling good. It still felt a little clunky compared to all the other pins I played that day, but it wasn’t as clunky as I remembered; it was more like LOTR clunky (which is one of my favorite games). The music and call outs were fascinating, the rules seemed very Lyman’esk and good. I have nothing bad to say about BM66 except I wish I had more time to play on it. One game turned into 4 and it would have been more if I didn’t have to get home on what would now be a 2 1/2 hour drive home in LA traffic.
So yea, I definitely need to get more time on this game now. But a few questions and thoughts. I’ve always been a believer that code can make or break a game; and just like TWD, Lyman made that game one of the best. But I truly believed the layout and design of BM66 had no hope and was a waste of resources to put Lyman on. Did Lyman turn this turd of a game into something magical? Or did I just happen to catch this game when it was dialed in and working? Are there issues with this game as far as setup and dialing in mechanical features and ramps? How does this game compare to other recent release games like TWD, GOT, SW, AC/DC, MET, etc... one good pinsiders friend told me he still prefers his SW PRO to BM66 and that BM66 has long ball times. The one at Ayce was brutal and getting lots of outlane drains, but how are the ball times and how quick is the progression through the game of BM66? Is grindy like MET? Or breadth and quick like GOT?
Sorry for the long post. But I need to have the scoop on this pin.
And FWIW; if I had to rank my experience yesterday...
Most fun pin goes to:
1. BM66
2. TNA
3. Dialed In
4. Houdini
5. SW PREM
Most want to own pin goes to:
1. BM66
2. Houdini
3. TNA
4. Dialed In
5. SW PREM

Great review Eskaybee I had the same feelings toward BM66 last year also. Now I am forced to hunt one down and play.

#8995 6 years ago

Great news Concretehardt !! God bless!!

#8996 6 years ago

So i took the rubber and mount off the ramp and due to design i dont see a great way to shift it into the inside the ramp. My gut tells me our best option is to add a rounded stainless steel re placement for the rubber that wraps around the front of the ramp or install a post which requires drilling

#8997 6 years ago

Is there a way to play a minor villain mode w/o stacking it with a major villain?

#8998 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Is there a way to play a minor villain mode w/o stacking it with a major villain?

yep...just hit TV targets on right, then left orbit...I've been starting w Penguin though (just to get some stinking points), then Mad hatter, King tut season 3, then Mr. Freeze.....everything happens pretty fast though, and I end up w 3 timers, panicking, then drain....no Batusi for me yet.......

#8999 6 years ago

So i took the rubber and mount off the ramp and due to design i dont see a great way to shift it into the inside the ramp. My gut tells me our best option is to add a rounded stainless steel re placement for the rubber that wraps around the front of the ramp or install a post which requires drilling

You just use the original rectangular steel plate and original screws and just mount it on the inside of the ramp. You have to push a bit on the screws, but they will eventually thread in to the existing holes. Only downside is it leaves the 2 nubs on the outside (where they screws go) which may scratch the ball if hit.

#9000 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

From my experience trying to avoid Major Villains for a game, you can sneak one Minor Villain into play alone, but very quickly Major Villains are all qualified to start and its pretty much stacking from that point on unless you can avoid the magnet consistently and not get driven crazy by the ringing Batphone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 210.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.