PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 373.
#8851 6 years ago

Robertstone0407,yes 3 balls are standard for most of you,but,back in our day (pre 1955+) 5 balls were standard! Now,this is only one thought,not a trend,so no heat,ok-I play most of my pins on 5 balls!! If I post a high score,I will have used only 3 !!I find with 5 balls,I can have a lot more fun just playing the way I used to without the 3 ball do-or-die ideology!I'm not the hot shot,make every mode,kinda player! While I have fun at venues competing,I'm just there to have fun! You will probably never see ME smiling holding a award of any kind,anywhere!

#8852 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Even though it can frustrate the hell out if me I'm with you. All my machines are set to 3 balls.
Just love the challenge and the sense of achievement I suppose.

I like keeping my average game times normal. And if I blow it up and have a great game, it really means something.

#8853 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

BTW,River,what balls do you use that don't get magnetized??? Thanks for your response guys!!!

I got my balls at Marco Specialties. They say they are resistant to magnetism in games with magnets. I've had not one problem with a ball hanging on to that magnet since the switch over. I can't say it will work in your case but it did in mine. About 2 bucks a ball. Replace all six.

BALL 1-1/16 INCH STANDARD PINBALL BULK PACK
#PB116 Exceeds factory specifications for hardness, roundness, weight and surface finish. Resistant to residual magnetism in games with magnets.

#8854 6 years ago

I say set the amount of balls to whatever you want.

We pay thousands for these games...who cares if someone sets their game to 1 ball or 10 balls.

#8855 6 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

5. The “race” to the bat poles seemed truncated.

This is by design. The more you hit the Commissioner Gordon target before you hit the orange shot, the more of the sequence you see.

#8856 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is by design. The more you hit the Commissioner Gordon target before you hit the orange shot, the more of the sequence you see.

That I did not know, gotto love this group, easily the most passionate, helpful and friendly club thread on pinside, awesome game aswell as the pinheads that own it

#8857 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

was about to start it the ball would end up in the scoop and start Penguin instead of Ridder. I hate it when it does thst.

When it starts a villain ... before you shoot the batphone, you can change villains. In your example, just shoot Riddler (if he’s ready to go) and it will change to Riddler. Then shoot the phone and away you go.

rd

#8858 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Robertstone0407,yes 3 balls are standard for most of you,but,back in our day (pre 1955+) 5 balls were standard! Now,this is only one thought,not a trend,so no heat,ok-I play most of my pins on 5 balls!! If I post a high score,I will have used only 3 !!I find with 5 balls,I can have a lot more fun just playing the way I used to without the 3 ball do-or-die ideology!I'm not the hot shot,make every mode,kinda player! While I have fun at venues competing,I'm just there to have fun! You will probably never see ME smiling holding a award of any kind,anywhere!

I agree to play for fun. Enjoy your game. I just personally enjoy the challenge and i agree 5 is nice to see all the features

#8859 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

When it starts a villain ... before you shoot the batphone, you can change villains. In your example, just shoot Riddler (if he’s ready to go) and it will change to Riddler. Then shoot the phone and away you go.
rd

You make it sound so easy LOL! You forget I'm a shitty player. I wish I could hit both orbits at will but it usually takes me a few tries.

I just get annoyed when I make that second Riddler orbit and then it falls into the pops than the scoop and starts Penguin instead. I think there is a setting to keep a villain from re-starting until all the other villains are done.

Still love the game and it keeps me coming back for more. Lyman did (and is still doing) a great job on this one. I hope the rumors of him retiring aren't true.

#8860 6 years ago
Quoted from textaddict:

Just FYI for batman/Stern owners who also run MacOSX - I have 2x had problems with code files downloaded using Safari. Switched over to Firefox and the update works fine. Not sure why it doesn't like the files downloaded using Safari - seems like the update just hangs at certain places and never progresses to the end. I ran into this problem 2x because I forgot to use Firefox this time and got another hang during the update.

For the last two updates I’ve had to use mw Windows 10 computer to download, format the flash drive, and transfer the unzipped code to my flash drive. I previously used my Windows 7 notebook computer, but it can’t seem to do the job any longer. Tons of frustrating hang ups moving the files to the flash drive.

#8861 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

For the last two updates I’ve had to use mw Windows 10 computer to download, format the flash drive, and transfer the unzipped code to my flash drive. I previously used my Windows 7 notebook computer, but it can’t seem to do the job any longer. Tons of frustrating hang ups moving the files to the flash drive.

I had an issue on the .87 update and it was pointed out it was an issue using windows to unzip. Once I followed their suggestion it has been good so far...

"Note: It has come to our attention that some customers using Windows 7 have had difficulty extracting the latest Batman code release. The native extractor in Windows 7 has difficulty dealing with the file size on certain Windows 7 machines.

Please download the free open source archive extractor. 7-Zip from this link http://www.7-zip.org/ and install before unzipping the game code ***"

#8862 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Lyman did (and is still doing) a great job on this one. I hope the rumors of him retiring aren't true.

There was a post in another thread that said the Lyman retiring rumor was a red herring to trace leaks out of Stern. I'm sure someone will ask at TPF.

#8863 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

There was a post in another thread that said the Lyman retiring rumor was a red herring to trace leaks out of Stern. I'm sure someone will ask at TPF.

HA! That's some straight up Steve Jobs shit right there. Glad it's bogus.

#8864 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I got all 3 villains but Riddler and every time i hit the phone another completed villain starts. Where on the playfield do you shoot to hit Riddler to make him start?

#8865 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

I got all 3 villains but Riddler and every time i hit the phone another completed villain starts. Where on the playfield do you shoot to hit Riddler to make him start?

By default, shoot either orbit twice.

#8866 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

It takes a couple of shots to the orbits. The danger though, is that before you answer the phone as it rings to report the Riddler on the loose, the ball unintentionally falls into the scoop, or hits a ramp. If that happens, you'll answer the phone and end up battling Penguin usually, or Cat Woman.

#8867 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

If that happens, you'll answer the phone and end up battling Penguin usually, or Cat Woman.

If that happens, you can hit the orbit again (while the phone is ringing) and you relight Riddler again. The batphone countdown restarts.

rd

#8868 6 years ago

Issue with crane hits on latest .88 code
One shot fails to register no matter how hard it’s hit, 3rd shot from the right
Not an issue on .87 code, anyone else?

#8869 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Even though it can frustrate the hell out if me I'm with you. All my machines are set to 3 balls.
Just love the challenge and the sense of achievement I suppose.

I do this but set the replay to award an extra ball.

#8870 6 years ago

So I decided to get the right ramp painted as red to go with the blue left ramp that got done last week.Looks great in the game with just the GI and inserts lighting it up.
I also thought it would look cool to get the ball deflector done to match the batgirl plastic on the left side.Turned out better than i expected.

IMG-20180224-WA0022 (resized).jpegIMG-20180224-WA0022 (resized).jpeg

IMG-20180224-WA0017 (resized).jpegIMG-20180224-WA0017 (resized).jpeg

IMG-20180224-WA0013 (resized).jpegIMG-20180224-WA0013 (resized).jpeg

IMG-20180224-WA0007 (resized).jpegIMG-20180224-WA0007 (resized).jpeg

#8871 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

So I decided to get the right ramp painted as red to go with the blue left ramp that got done last week.Looks great in the game with just the GI and inserts lighting it up.
I also thought it would look cool to get the ball deflector done to match the batgirl plastic on the left side.Turned out better than i expected.

What colors did you use?

#8872 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What colors did you use?

When I took the original Left ramp he thought it was a candy red.
He did the candy colours so that's what I went with.
Right ramp though be warned as the powder coat makes the wireform too thick to fit back into the ramp.I had to cut back some if the powder coat to fit it back in there.

#8873 6 years ago

Holy bat scar fellas.. quick update on my condition they removed my brain tumor and I woke up still thinking about pinball so I’m still me. My head hurts like hell operation was a success now the wait for pathology reports on the tumor (scary). If bad news I’m ready for a fight! If you have any extra prayers please send them my way.

915634E8-F0AA-4986-B790-5A0F300195E7 (resized).jpeg915634E8-F0AA-4986-B790-5A0F300195E7 (resized).jpeg
8C947CCC-AD20-4E98-A9EB-46B902264744 (resized).jpeg8C947CCC-AD20-4E98-A9EB-46B902264744 (resized).jpeg

#8874 6 years ago

^^^will do my man!!! Continued good luck on recovery

#8875 6 years ago

WOW! What a photo. Well, the good news is you woke up. Sincerest best wishes for the ongoing fight.

#8876 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Holy bat scar fellas.. quick update on my condition they removed my brain tumor and I woke up still thinking about pinball so I’m still me. My head hurts like hell operation was a success now the wait for pathology reports on the tumor (scary). If bad news I’m ready for a fight! If you have any extra prayers please send them my way.

Praying for you and your family!

#8877 6 years ago

Sutol Your wire forms look AWESOME!! Now that both ramps are coated does the thickness issue you mentioned earlier still bother you? Did you need to wax the red one also to maintain speed? I just noticed that your blue one drains to Robin's side and the red one to Batman's side. Does anyone care about that? I'm still on the fence about getting mine powder coated so I'm really over thinking this stuff lol. Again, your wire forms look fantastic!!

#8878 6 years ago

Well first problem ive had with BM66. My turntable wont turn the last turn (no multiball). called stern. They said to look for a bad weld, which I will do tomorrow. Game still plays...just no multiball.

anyone had this problem.

#8879 6 years ago

Best prayers to you Sean. Looks like you have someone strong by your side and you woke with Your spirit and drive in tact which is what you need to get through this journey! Don’t need to tell you it’s a scary life test but you made it past the first Huge hurdle. Listen to the doctors, stay strong, and Know you have Many people routing for you! Plenty of time to grow that hair in for the first dance but Not your last!! Funny that pinball was one of your first thoughts. Lol. The addiction is Strong with you young Skywalker!

#8880 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sutol Your wire forms look AWESOME!! Now that both ramps are coated does the thickness issue you mentioned earlier still bother you? Did you need to wax the red one also to maintain speed? I just noticed that your blue one drains to Robin's side and the red one to Batman's side. Does anyone care about that? I'm still on the fence about getting mine powder coated so I'm really over thinking this stuff lol. Again, your wire forms look fantastic!!

On the thickness issue I decided to measure it and found it was only 1mm wider than the stock so each wire only increased 0.5mm.
So I put that down to age and my fading eyesight and thought I'll get the right one done.
Once I waxed the playfield I had no issues at all.The ball really flows just like stock on both now so It was my mess up really. I'm really gappy how they both play. The right side really shifts.
On the colours I had this conversation with J85M as he mentioned like you the batman side on the right but when you play do you look at the playfield or the apron?
If you look at the playfield art then batman is on the left and robin on the right.That's why I went that way.
Also it can be changed if I get bored with the colours.
I would definitely get them done.

#8881 6 years ago

All this powder coat talk has me inspired to get mine done. MK6PIN any updates on the new wire forms?

#8882 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

All this powder coat talk has me inspired to get mine done. MK6PIN any updates on the new wire forms?

As a matter of fact, Matt is missing TPF, as he's busy "ramping" up for a certain project....suspect he'll be posting, reaching out soon....this is THE mod I've been most anxious to install in final form.....

#8883 6 years ago

Those Tyvek Samurai suits they give you for surgery are weird, no? That was one of the strangest things I encountered when I had surgery.

Good luck, and take it easy!

#8884 6 years ago

so happy to hear that! and hoping the results are good!

#8885 6 years ago

Thoughts and prayers. We all take good health for granted. I will pray for you brother. Good luck and continue to be strong.

#8886 6 years ago

You have mine, pinbud!!!!! Be strong..looks like youve already been through alot.....

#8887 6 years ago

Prayers to you, your good lady and all the family for your strong and speedy recovery!

58B5F7FD-0D0A-40B1-B4CA-C9BC6E203E13 (resized).jpeg58B5F7FD-0D0A-40B1-B4CA-C9BC6E203E13 (resized).jpeg

#8888 6 years ago

All this improvement in code and gameplay has got me seriously thinking about selling my MMr and replacing it with a BM66. Been playing .87 a lot at our league location and really like it, and have always loved the theme and look of the machine.

I know I'm going to get a biased opinion in this thread, but you guys are pinheads just like me so here goes: My present lineup is LOTR, SW Premium, and MMr. I only have room and money for 3 do to other commitments, so getting 4 is NOT an option. MMr would be the odd pin out, even though it is my 2nd favorite B/W DMD of all time behind TZ, but I an playing it less and less. How will BM66 hold up and fit in with LOTR & SWPRem???

I also love modding and working on pins, so BM66 is even more appealing.....

#8889 6 years ago

I’d move LOTR out of those 3. Play can be long in BM if it’s all clicking. SW pairs perfect...and you can’t go wrong with MMr

#8890 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

All this improvement in code and gameplay has got me seriously thinking about selling my MMr and replacing it with a BM66. Been playing .87 a lot at our league location and really like it, and have always loved the theme and look of the machine.
I know I'm going to get a biased opinion in this thread, but you guys are pinheads just like me so here goes: My present lineup is LOTR, SW Premium, and MMr.

My totally unbiased opinion is do whatever you need to but fit a BM66
In your lineup.
It's code is still evolving too which means every few weeks we get more surprises in our updates.
Its also a great pin for modding.
Checkout Yelobird (mod couple) atomic pile which is amazing.Crikey he has a full range if mods.
Also the new Left ramp in production. Gonna be a great year for owning BM66

#8891 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I’d move LOTR out of those 3. Play can be long in BM if it’s all clicking. SW pairs perfect...and you can’t go wrong with MMr

LOTR is the last one of the island no matter what, mine and my wife's favorite, and I have a LOT of what equity in mine to make it perfect.....

#8892 6 years ago

Medieval Madness is classic (remake or not). If you like it, you will regret moving it. It's not uncommon to play games in waves, so I wouldn't worry about playing it less often. Heck, I'm playing Batman now almost exclusively.

I too would get rid of LOTR, but understand why it can't go. My next choice would be Star Wars. It's never going to compare to Batman when it comes to theme integration.

#8893 6 years ago

I love my BM66, but I can’t deny the awesomeness of MMR. Those two are my “evergreen” keeper games. Plus female guests significantly prefer MMR, though oddly IM also gets its fair share of lady love too.

Given your lineup, as good as it is, MMR wouldn’t be the pin I’d suggest moving. As someone already said, BM66 is more of a long ball game, similar to LOTR. I like having both long and short games in my collection to fit my mood and time available to play.

Good luck with this tough, tough decision!

#8894 6 years ago

Huge Star Wars fan but IF you absolutely had no other choice you would be making a big upgrade by putting BM66 in place of SW.

#8895 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I know I'm going to get a biased opinion in this thread, but you guys are pinheads just like me so here goes: My present lineup is LOTR, SW Premium, and MMr. I only have room and money for 3 do to other commitments, so getting 4 is NOT an option. MMr would be the odd pin out, even though it is my 2nd favorite B/W DMD of all time behind TZ, but I an playing it less and less. How will BM66 hold up and fit in with LOTR & SWPRem???

I would move out SW for BM66, for me theme is extremely important I like to be immersed in themes/worlds I enjoy and SW misses that’s mark for me big time.

LOTR has great theme integration, MM is extremely immersive in its theme and BM66 theme integration is off the charts and only getting better with each update.

MMr
LOTR
BM66

That would be one hell of a lineup

#8896 6 years ago

Selling your MMr might have you regretting it down the road. A classic, remake or not. Love that pin.... I would trade the LOTR first (played it, owned it, sold it, and one of the few on Pinside that never enjoyed it). BM66 is really a great game, only to get better....just my take, of course...

#8897 6 years ago

Godspeed Concretehardt .

#8898 6 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

I’ve owned MM, and currently own LOTR and B66. LOTR and b66 are similar in terms of deep theme integration and relatively long ball times. Also both Gomez, though different, there’s a similar feel there. Haven’t really missed MM after a couple of years, but have thought about getting one back recently.

I’d keep sw. So it’s LOTR vs MM. Hard call but you can always get one back later. Given they’re still making MMR, and not LOTR, maybe selling mm makes sense. Plus there is talk of a new MMr with larger AFMR style screen down the track.

#8899 6 years ago

LotR is the hardest to replace. MMr and SW much easier to replace down the road. SWs will be significantly cheaper than the other two according to my crystal ball. I even suspect they might be able to do a SW Vault edition if they wanted.

The new code is fun. It's well-rounded, complex and feels very much done except for when you see the season 3 empty spots.

Freeze & Bookworm take so many freaking shots to beat. Very tough. Freeze has so much value that the risk/reward feels right though. Bookworm, I'm not sure why I'd mess with it right now.

#8900 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Plus there is talk of a new MMr with larger AFMR style screen down the track.

I thought that was being discussed as an add-on to existing MMr machines?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Backbox
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 178 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/178 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.