PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 373.
#8701 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Are there any LE or SLE owners out there that want to test the "serious profit" theory but don't want to face the price police out in full force? If so, please send me a PM and see if we can come to an agreement. Anonymity is 100% guaranteed if requested and I will donate to pinside on behalf of the seller IF a deal can be reached.

I got some very serious health news yesterday not sure what is in store for me now but I may be selling all my games soon including BMLE. My wife wants me to keep them because they make me happy but if this is worse case for me then I don’t want to leave her with pinball machines to deal with. In the mean time I could use all the prayers I can get, I’m going to see a neurosurgeon on Monday.
I am walking around in a daze thinking of my wife and young daughter, cherish every moment guys.

#8702 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Umm....graffiti and a sharpie? Thought these sort of talks ended a year ago....
Bottom line....anyone can do whatever they want to whatever machine..do decals make an LE or SLE? No. Hell, put SW decals on if you want...

Star wars doesnt have an identical playfield.

Point is the differences are skin deep. If he likes the look of the SLE or LE art, throw it on.

#8703 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I got some very serious health news yesterday not sure what is in store for me now but I may be selling all my games soon including BMLE. My wife wants me to keep them because they make me happy but if this is worse case for me then I don’t want to leave her with pinball machines to deal with. In the mean time I could use all the prayers I can get, I’m going to see a neurosurgeon on Monday.
I am walking around in a daze thinking of my wife and young daughter, cherish every moment guys.

Sonofabitch!! I’m so sorry to hear this and am sending every positive thought I can muster your way. I’m sure everyone here joins me in hoping that the visit to the neurosurgeon yields more positive results with something that is treatable. This hobby has some of the best people I have ever met in it and the only words I have now are “fight, fight, fight, and never give up”.

I want a BM66 someday, but in the words of Josh Sharpe... “Not Like This!!”

#8704 6 years ago

Hang in there mate. Terrible news. Payers & good karma to you.

#8705 6 years ago

Sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

On a practical note - in my estate planning, I've assigned someone to liquidate my pins at market prices for me, so my wife doesn't have to do it. So, in my worst-case-scenario this person would convert everything to cash, over a time frame that the market can absorb (say a year) and give that money to the estate, less a percentage that I've already discussed with him for the effort.

Perhaps you can let your wife "win" this one, let you keep things that make you happy, but have a worst-case plan in place for your own peace of mind and to not burden her with.

I sincerely wish you the best-case scenario this time 'round.

#8706 6 years ago

That is terrible news. I wish you all the best..

#8707 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Sorry to hear this. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

x10

#8708 6 years ago

So sorry to hear brother...keeping positive thoughts!

#8709 6 years ago

After losing many family members early in life, I can understand, and my prayers go out to you. I know it is a well overused phrase, but if there is anything we as a group can do, all you need to do is ask.

#8710 6 years ago

Man sorry to hear that Concrete. My prayers and positive thoughts are with you!

#8711 6 years ago

Prayers out to you and best wishes for Monday. Your pinball 'family' has your back for sure.

Brad

#8712 6 years ago

Thanks for the well wishes guys! You are all my Pinside family, long story short I had an episode 2 days ago and my left hand locked into a fist and my arm went numb I went to the hospital and had mri and Ct scan. It turns out that I have a have a tumor of some sort the size of a lemon on the top right side of my Brain... you can imagine my surprise, shock, terror when I saw the pictures. My wife is a battle hardened cancer survivor so I have good support. It sounds like I will be having brain surgery soon to remove the mass.. the doctors think it is operable. I am 49 years old and don’t want to be greedy but had hoped someday to dance with my daughter at her wedding (she is 16) and meet my grandkids someday.
I believe god has a plan for us all just trying to make sense of this right now.

Now you guys get back to talking about BM and I will power thru this, heck maybe Lyman will have us to 1.0 code by the time I thru my surgeries

#8713 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Cosmetics are the only differences between a $7K and $15K machine. If you like the looks of the LE better, go for it!

I already own an LE

#8714 6 years ago

That’s terrible news concrete. Be strong! Plenty of positive thoughts coming your way.

#8715 6 years ago

God Bless Your I'm my prayers to a super great guy. Stay positive !!!!!!!!

#8716 6 years ago

Thanks for the well wishes guys! You are all my Pinside family, long story short I had an episode 2 days ago and my left hand locked into a fist and my arm went numb I went to the hospital and had mri and Ct scan. It turns out that I have a have a tumor of some sort the size of a lemon on the top right side of my Brain... you can imagine my surprise, shock, terror when I saw the pictures. My wife is a battle hardened cancer survivor so I have good support. It sounds like I will be having brain surgery soon to remove the mass.. the doctors think it is operable. I am 49 years old and don’t want to be greedy but had hoped someday to dance with my daughter at her wedding (she is 16) and meet my grandkids someday.
I believe god has a plan for us all just trying to make sense of this right now.
Now you guys get back to talking about BM and I will power thru this, heck maybe Lyman will have us to 1.0 code by the time I thru my surgeries

Wow, sorry to hear this! Good luck with the surgery, and keep us posted!

#8717 6 years ago

Miracles are real , I have been totally paralyzed on the right side 3 times, 2 heart surgery’s , right knee replacement
With DVT colt issues. Life is good now, nothing is impossible my friend. Prayers for you and your family.

#8718 6 years ago

Just saw this.....terrible news!!!! I'm so sorry, and prayers go to you and your family. We will hope for the best outcome.....mark

#8719 6 years ago

Very sorry to hear, stay positive and strong. Thoughts and prayers your way.

#8720 6 years ago

As all very sorry to hear. While I do not know you personally over time you can evaluate a person by words and general communication alone and you sir are a wonderful person. Regarding those dreams and hopes, do NOT let them go! Hold on to them as they will make you stronger and they Will happen! Do Not give in as the fight and your family are worth everything! Doctors are Very good now with Blastoma type treatments and it sounds like you have a Wonderful family, loved ones, and dreams to carry you through! Plan for the best and it Will happen for you, you deserve it! Blessings!

The Mod Couple
Dave

#8721 6 years ago

Sorry to hear buddy, all the best.

#8722 6 years ago

Thank you for sharing this. I don’t know you personally and you just shocked me. I wish you with all my energy all the strength for you, strength for your Family, just everything Positive around you and your Family, from the button of my heart and my soul I’m telling you that “You will dance with your Daughter on her wedding!” TRUST ME!

#8723 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope that’s not a sign that he’s tidying everything up before he goes!
Wtf is right. That would be a HUGE blow for Stern

and where ever he goes would become the most hated company by pinballers!

Gary needs to make him an offer he can't refuse, even if this is all BS! But Lyman's been doing the pinball thing for a while; it would be very sad to see him leave working on pinball but at the same I'd be really happy for him in doing what ever he ends up doing after giving so much goodness to our games. Hopefully this is just another BS rumour though.

#8724 6 years ago

I'm very sorry to hear that and I'm sure all of us will be thinking of you. Best wishes to you and your family in what must be a very difficult time.

#8725 6 years ago

I am 49 years old and don’t want to be greedy but had hoped someday to dance with my daughter at her wedding (she is 16) and meet my grandkids someday.

absolutely nothing greedy about that. hoping for the best.

#8726 6 years ago

On a lighter note, I'm enjoying your arcade room build videos on YouTube Neil.

#8727 6 years ago

Lyman isn't retiring. Silly rumor that I suspect was started as a way to ferret out leaks in the Stern system.

#8728 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Lyman isn't retiring. Silly rumor that I suspect was started as a way to ferret out leaks in the Stern system.

If its on Pinside its a FACT! lol I suspected that was the case as normal. I want to try now.... I heard from a friends brothers neighbors cousin that Stern will be making a Space X rocket for Tesla!

#8729 6 years ago

Hmmmmm, maybe it's like this.

animals-mole-corporate_espionage-corporate_spies-confidential_files-competitors-bfrn434_low (resized).jpganimals-mole-corporate_espionage-corporate_spies-confidential_files-competitors-bfrn434_low (resized).jpg

#8730 6 years ago

He is not going anywhere in the near future that he is aware of......

#8731 6 years ago

So......I got the left ramp back from the paint shop.Went for blue and the job they did was brilliant and I couldn't be happier.Put it back in the game and it just doesn't look right.It was powder coated but that for me is where the problem lies. Compared to the right ramp it looks like its been on steroids due to the thickness of the powder coating.Also it really slows the ball up massively compared to how it was before it getting painted.
Question I've got is what process does stern use to paint the left ramp and make it durable as it's not powder coated?
Ive decided the powder coat is coming off and if I can't get it coloured I'll just get it chromed.At least that way I know it will definitely return to its former speed.

Update
Just put a coat of wax down and it certainly flows with speed now. Amazing the difference.The way powder coating gets done though that's what's putting me off keeping it.The paint just looks too thick compared to the right.

IMG_20180216_172126 (resized).jpgIMG_20180216_172126 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180216_171943 (resized).jpgIMG_20180216_171943 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180216_171937 (resized).jpgIMG_20180216_171937 (resized).jpg

#8732 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

So......I got the left ramp back from the paint shop.Went for blue and the job they did was brilliant and I couldn't be happier.Put it back in the game and it just doesn't look right.It was powder coated but that for me is where the problem lies. Compared to the right ramp it looks like its been on steroids due to the thickness of the powder coating.Also it really slows the ball up massively compared to how it was before it getting painted.
Question I've got is what process does stern use to paint the left ramp and make it durable as it's not powder coated?
Ive decided the powder coat is coming off and if I can't get it coloured I'll just get it chromed.At least that way I know it will definitely return to its former speed.
Update
Just put a coat of wax down and it certainly flows with speed now. Amazing the difference.The way powder coating gets done though that's what's putting me off keeping it.The paint just looks too thick compared to the right.

My first thought was to try a coat of wax. It looks awesome! Maybe send your other wireform to your powder coat guy so they'll look the same? Is it possible Stern's supplier uses some sort of oven baked finish?

#8733 6 years ago

Paint isnt designed for mechanical as where powdercoat is plastic and slick

#8734 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Paint isnt designed for mechanical as where powdercoat is plastic and slick

Is Stern just using a thinner powder coat application in your opinion? Thanks for the insight.

#8735 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

On a lighter note, I'm enjoying your arcade room build videos on YouTube Neil.

thanks, should be done next weekend and then the back breaking pin wheel in!

Neil

#8736 6 years ago

So, has anyone played enough on the latest update to share some wisdom on completing the minor villains? Which are easier, what are the completion strategies, higher scoring, etc? I don’t think I’ve managed to complete a single one yet, though I haven’t played much lately. I’ve got Batuzi on my mind this weekend.

#8737 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

So, has anyone seen played enough on the latest update to share some wisdom on completing the minor villains? Which are easier, what are the completion strategies, higher scoring, etc? I don’t think I’ve managed to complete a single one yet, though I haven’t played much lately. I’ve got Batuzi on my mind this weekend.

Tut seems to be the easiest for me to complete. I beat him almost every time. I had 2 season inserts lit last night but couldn't get the third. I defeated Tut and Bookworm. If you can get a multiball going at the same time that will really help. Is it 10 shots to defeat a minor villain?

#8738 6 years ago

Tut seems to be the easiest for me to complete. I beat him almost every time. I had 2 season inserts lit last night but couldn't get the third. I defeated Tut and Bookworm. If you can get a multiball going at the same time that will really help. Is it 10 shots to defeat a minor villain?

Funny, those were the two I was thinking as well. I’m going to try and avoid the other modes other than maybe one major villain mode and focus on minor villains for some games and see what happens. That’s actually hard for me though. Lately I’ve been trying to stack as much as possible together at once to get more little TVs up on the big screen running together. I recently had a major villain, minor villain, Bat Turn, and multiball going together. It was awesome and every shot helped out something! Is this game awesome now, or what? Now we need one or two more separate modes like Bat Turn so that we can stack even more.

But first.....Batusi!

#8739 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Is this game awesome now, or what?

Sure is! I scored 960,000 on Riddler. Didn't know that was possible on his mode.

#8740 6 years ago

Can anyone help me find video of gameplay with the newest code update? Please let me know.

Thank You,

#8741 6 years ago

My weekend's Quest for Batusi! Warning Batusi spoilers below. Well, my quest failed....fairly anyway, because my pinball skills suck. Finishing minor villains is difficult, even on 5 balls. There's just not enough time unless you can solidly smack that left orbit for a mystery time extension which happens to be active, for a measly 20 extra seconds, or maybe stack a multiball and play it well. Another distraction is other modes popping up, such as Bat Turn and Major Villains. They're difficult to ignore and keeping them in the background complicates a strategy of going just for Batusi.

I found the Mad Hatter the way to go in Season 1 as I could complete him without too much drama. Season 3 is only King Tut so that's all you can do there at the moment, so I went after Season 3 second, which with mystery award time extension and good shooting, is possible. Season 2 was the hardest for me, so I finally had to take the glass off and finish Mr. Freeze that way. I couldn't even finish Two Egg in time with the glass off, that's how bad I am at pinball. Or maybe, I don't understand the various flashing colors well enough. Mr. Freeze's shots made sense, but I still haven't broken the code on Two Egg.

I put the glass back on for Batusi, so it didn't last very long at all. Batusi is a multiball with all game balls. As expected based upon the episode where Batusi was revealed, in the game videos Batman & Robin drive up to a club, but Robin is too young to go in. Most of the freeze scenes in between making shots start with Robin in the car, so you have to go a little deep into Batusi to see Batman doing the dance. I didn't make it that far because looking up to check out the screen video clips is drain death in a frenzied multiball.

A minor villain time limit of 45 seconds is tight, as just one or two missed shots and there's just not enough time to complete what's needed, at least at my skill level and amid the distraction of other modes running concurrently. Of course, there's probably already a setting for longer mode times in the game, I just haven't looked yet. I don't know how, but I'd suggest more flare be added to the Batusi mode. From what I saw today, it's actually less interesting than nearly all other modes in the game at this point and not worth the effort to get there, unless it gets to popping after completing more shots, or perhaps there's a treasure trove of points.

#8742 6 years ago

I’m hoping the next few updates focus on tying in more of the assets already in the code. Primarily, audio missing on a lot of the video once you get past the initial layers.

Also, since a lot of the recent updates have been more like snippets adding in items that were visually still not active or missing. It kinda feels like it’s lost a bit of its mojo / personality in lieu of getting “stuff” in there. Need more quality sound bites in there. Iconic, quotable lines that make you smile when hear them.

#8743 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

My weekend's Quest for Batusi! Warning Batusi spoilers below. Well, my quest failed....fairly anyway, because my pinball skills suck. Finishing minor villains is difficult, even on 5 balls. There's just not enough time unless you can solidly smack that left orbit for a mystery time extension which happens to be active, for a measly 20 extra seconds, or maybe stack a multiball and play it well. Another distraction is other modes popping up, such as Bat Turn and Major Villains. They're difficult to ignore and keeping them in the background complicates a strategy of going just for Batusi.
I found the Mad Hatter the way to go in Season 1 as I could complete him without too much drama. Season 3 is only King Tut so that's all you can do there at the moment, so I went after Season 3 second, which with mystery award time extension and good shooting, is possible. Season 2 was the hardest for me, so I finally had to take the glass off and finish Mr. Freeze that way. I couldn't even finish Two Egg in time with the glass off, that's how bad I am at pinball. Or maybe, I don't understand the various flashing colors well enough. Mr. Freeze's shots made sense, but I still haven't broken the code on Two Egg.
I put the glass back on for Batusi, so it didn't last very long at all. Batusi is a multiball with all game balls. As expected based upon the episode where Batusi was revealed, in the game videos Batman & Robin drive up to a club, but Robin is too young to go in. Most of the freeze scenes in between making shots start with Robin in the car, so you have to go a little deep into Batusi to see Batman doing the dance. I didn't make it that far because looking up to check out the screen video clips is drain death in a frenzied multiball.
A minor villain time limit of 45 seconds is tight, as just one or two missed shots and there's just not enough time to complete what's needed, at least at my skill level and amid the distraction of other modes running concurrently. Of course, there's probably already a setting for longer mode times in the game, I just haven't looked yet. I don't know how, but I'd suggest more flare be added to the Batusi mode. From what I saw today, it's actually less interesting than nearly all other modes in the game at this point and not worth the effort to get there, unless it gets to popping after completing more shots, or perhaps there's a treasure trove of points.

Wow...thanks for the update!!!! Will attempt your approach, and am quite convinced the glass is coming off the next time I go at it ( I'm barely average, at best as a player, compared to what I see posted here in different threads). Anxious to see Batusi, for however long!!!...

#8744 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Wow...thanks for the update!!!! Will attempt your approach, and am quite convinced the glass is coming off the next time I go at it ( I'm barely average, at best as a player, compared to what I see posted here in different threads). Anxious to see Batusi, for however long!!!...

That’s great! I hope you can add more thoughts about the path of least resistance through the minor villains and if you can make it, hopefully dive deeper into Batusi to see how many shots it takes to actually see some Batusi. Watching Robin sit in the Batmobile in an alley was disappointing.

#8745 6 years ago

I was just thinking about my games this weekend focusing on reaching Batusi. Lately, I’ve been playing trying to stack as much as possible at the same time without regard to finishing anything in particular, just for the fun of it. It turns out that if you play long enough that’ll happen whether you want it to or not.

I ended up repetitively stacking almost everything this weekend (other than Villain Escape) even though I was trying to avoid it. I avoided the magnet as much as I could when the Batphone was ringing, but I couldn’t avoid it forever because once it starts ringing most shots restart it with different major villains until a ricochet (usually from a TV standup) crosses the magnet. I ended up battling Riddler over and over again just obsessing after the left orbit to keep starting minor villains. At one point I was trying to complete Two Egg with Riddler, Bat Turn, and Multiball going at the same time. It was total chaos trying to manipulate the center button to keep Two Egg on the screen for a measly 45 seconds. The left orbit is virtually unobtainium while in multiball, so no mystery award time extensions.

You just can’t not do it! . What a game, I can’t think of another pin like BM66.

#8746 6 years ago

Any tips on adjusting the scoop popper? My scoop stopped sending the ball into the return ramp, and it struggles to get the ball back into play.

#8747 6 years ago

Season 2 Egghead should be the easiest of all since you control when to end it.

Looking forward to the next release that should round off some of the rough edges.

#8748 6 years ago

Is Stern just using a thinner powder coat application in your opinion? Thanks for the insight.

I took the original prior to getting it done to a few places and was told it isn't powder coated.You could scratch the paint off with a key.One Paint company even thought it may have been anodised as it was that thin the covering.
I was contemplating getting the other ramp done so it would match up but the powder coat just doesn't have 'The Look' I want.
Going to do some more digging about to see if I can get the same look as stern.

Small video when I picked it up

#8749 6 years ago

Can new 66 premium owners verify if the node board “fix” is already installed?
Thx!

#8750 6 years ago

Season 2 Egghead should be the easiest of all since you control when to end it.
Looking forward to the next release that should round off some of the rough edges.

Hmm, maybe that's my problem. I've finished Mr. Freeze several times, but it always seems like when I'm in Two Egg I end up in multiball. It might be that opening Two Egg right orbit shot after I've been trying to avoid the right orbit prior to that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.