PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 373.
#8651 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

So while playing today, this came down the right side flipper lane.....any idea where it lives?

Lightbulb cover for sure

#8652 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

So while playing today, this came down the right side flipper lane.....any idea where it lives?

Lens off one of the LEDs, usually in the slingshot area. Check to see if they all have their caps.

#8653 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

Probably one of leds under the slings. I’ve had it happen on mine a few times, once I had to replace the led and the second time that plastic cover just came off but the led was otherwise fine.

#8654 6 years ago

I'd check to see if any LED's lost a lens. Surprised nobody mentioned that yet.

#8655 6 years ago

So, if Kaneda's rumor is true this might be the last Lyman game which will bring even more appreciation for these code updates.

#8656 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, if Kaneda's rumor is true this might be the last Lyman game which will bring even more appreciation for these code updates.

What rumor is that?

#8657 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What rumor is that?

That he is retiring. I don't know anything else. Could be complete BS but Stern have just hired 3 new coders.....

And someone posted this last year.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/isnt-it-time-for-2016-predictions-recap-and-2017-predictions#post-3502117

#8658 6 years ago

wtf.

#8659 6 years ago

It's only a rumor.

Anyway new code for AC/DC!

#8660 6 years ago

It's only a rumor.

I hope that’s not a sign that he’s tidying everything up before he goes!

Wtf is right. That would be a HUGE blow for Stern

#8661 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

I swapped my slingshot bulbs for these and haven't had any further issues. Amazing that Stern didn't catch this in testing.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/05-44W-41

#8662 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope that’s not a sign that he’s tidying everything up before he goes!
Wtf is right. That would be a HUGE blow for Stern

Ya think!

#8663 6 years ago

82Trooper - Check you front kickback side slings. I had one pop off just the other day. Located the bulb, removed it and superglued the plastic piece back on. Seemed to do the trick.

#8664 6 years ago

Assuming Lyman may tweak on BM66 all the way until the license expires. Anyone have an idea of when that day/year will be?

#8665 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

82Trooper - Check you front kickback side slings. I had one pop off just the other day. Located the bulb, removed it and superglued the plastic piece back on. Seemed to do the trick.

To funny (not really) to see this issue pop up like a plague all at the same time. Lol. Just yesterday my sling light left was flickering and pop the lense flew off. Almost like the bulbs hit a warranty life span schedule all at the same time on all games. Easy fix just funny that many seemed to have a similar time scheduled failure. As for Lyman, at the pace he is taking Currently and the quality of updates I feel it’s worth the wait no matter how long it takes. For me, if he wants to keep writing Awsome blasts of code for Batman every 2 weeks for years I’m cool with that! This game is for me the definition of how code should be written and implemented. Slow but awsome.

#8666 6 years ago

WTF

BTW, if anyone is wondering about the clear plastic dome thing....

#8667 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

WTF
BTW, if anyone is wondering about the clear plastic dome thing....

Looks like the top of an LED to me.

rd

#8668 6 years ago

Thanks, I will check around the slings for a incomplete LED this evening. Thanks for the tips!

#8669 6 years ago
Quoted from rlslick:

Assuming Lyman may tweak on BM66 all the way until the license expires. Anyone have an idea of when that day/year will be?

I don't know the specifics of Batman or details on the underlying Kapow license, but I think Stern's initial licenses run about three years. And distributors will have plenty of warning for "last call" production runs on the Premium.

#8670 6 years ago

I have been looking for an LE for a while now and they seem to be unobtanium as nobody is selling theirs probably due to the great code updates that keep coming.

If I opt for a Premium, what will I be missing? I realize the LE/SLE Topper would not be possible to get. What else would I be sacrificing by settling for a Premium? I assume the majority of the mods (Modcouple) would work on any version.

Thanks
Ed

#8671 6 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

If I opt for a Premium, what will I be missing? I realize the LE/SLE Topper would not be possible to get. What else would I be sacrificing by settling for a Premium? I assume the majority of the mods (Modcouple) would work on any version.

Besides topper, you will be missing:

-web armor
-art blades
-"1 of 1" machine for LEs (episodes/gadgets)
-Batgirl imagery on LE

those things are probably the biggest differences besides the topper.

then the usual le stuff, George and Lyman's playfield signatures, Gary certificate.

#8672 6 years ago

Also,Ed,watch out for the "Riddler" vuk at the end of the left orpit!! A lot of the switches were installed backwards,and you have to put a spacer in there to make sure the ball sit on the switch! The bat Signal is available to you,and you should be able to get art blades and a shaker too!Have fun!! Beware of Villian stacking,will drive you crazy!!!

#8673 6 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

I have been looking for an LE for a while now and they seem to be unobtanium as nobody is selling theirs probably due to the great code updates that keep coming.
Thanks
Ed

I'm in the same boat... had a WTB ad up for quite a while and left several posts on various threads. Your comment about "unobtanium" is spot on. I'm quite surprised that people aren't doing with these LE's what they did with the Tron LE's and letting them go for a serious profit. But on the other hand, with new code coming every 2-3 weeks now, I think the true fan spirit is persisting with the current owners and no way they'd take a few extra bucks at the moment.

Oh yeah, I have an internal deadline of around the middle to end of March for when I'm going to give up on the LE and pull the trigger on a Premium. So if my past experience means anything, you should definitely wait til early April because 4-5 LE's will probably come up for sale at a great price immediately after I get my Premium unboxed and in my gameroom.
Murphy's Law (my last name) is definitely a strong theme in my life!!

#8674 6 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

As Frolic pointed out, the changes between the LE and Premium are cosmetic. Unlike many Stern games, there are no game play differences and no playfield differences. All of the mods in this thread are fine on any model.

#8675 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Besides topper, you will be missing:
-web armor
-art blades
-"1 of 1" machine for LEs (episodes/gadgets)
-Batgirl imagery on LE
those things are probably the biggest differences besides the topper.
then the usual le stuff, George and Lyman's playfield signatures, Gary certificate.

I much prefer the art package on the LE vs Premium! (cabinet & Back box) for that mater I prefer the LE art package over the SLE as well... Jmho

#8676 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I'm in the same boat... had a WTB ad up for quite a while and left several posts on various threads. Your comment about "unobtanium" is spot on. I'm quite surprised that people aren't doing with these LE's what they did with the Tron LE's and letting them go for a serious profit. But on the other hand, with new code coming every 2-3 weeks now, I think the true fan spirit is persisting with the current owners and no way they'd take a few extra bucks at the moment.

I wrote a post a while back on why I thought it was so difficult for those wanting to buy an LE.

The biggest factor is the total supply - there are only 120 give or take in the US - and the vast majority were bought by Batman 66 fans for whom this was a grail game, not just regular collectors wanting the latest Stern to play for a while. The "true fan spirit", as you say, is certainly a significant factor.

And the situation isn't really comparable to the Tron resales (because of the Tron pricing and ramps), though some Batman LE owners may be tempted depending on what you mean by "serious profit" ...

#8677 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I much prefer the art package on the LE vs Premium! (cabinet & Back box) for that mater I prefer the LE art package over the SLE as well... Jmho

Batgirl for the win .

#8678 6 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

If I opt for a Premium, what will I be missing?

Nada that impacts gameplay. Its all cosmetic. Save the thousands and buy an additional pin or 3.

#8679 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

ditto...

#8680 6 years ago

I just don't think there are that many LE's for sale period, as so few were made.

#8681 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

It is a bulb behind the slings. The ball often knocks the top off of those and after gluing them on a few times, I just left them off for good. Does no harm.

Edit: I see others answered as well. I hadn't read all of the posts yet so sorry for the repeat

#8682 6 years ago

I'll be joining the B66 Premium club next month. I wasn't intending to put a shaker motor in it but after a little research, the cost and difficulty of installation is well within my means and ability. Three questions:

1) Does a shaker motor add anything to the experience on a machine you play almost daily, or is it a novelty that quickly wears off?
2) Is stuff going to break faster?
3) I assume a shaker can be disabled in settings. Correct?

#8683 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

I'll be joining the B66 Premium club next month. I wasn't intending to put a shaker motor in it but after a little research, the cost and difficulty of installation is well within my means and ability. Three questions:
1) Does a shaker motor add anything to the experience on a machine you play almost daily, or is it a novelty that quickly wears off?

Shaker is great helps you get the feel of the game and really so during multiball and penguin. It can be turned down or off. Super easy to install and i feel cheated playing games without them

#8684 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Shaker is great helps you get the feel of the game and really so during multiball and penguin. It can be turned down or off. Super easy to install and i feel cheated playing games without them

A shaker is a must have for this game, imho

#8685 6 years ago
Quoted from TimO:

hate em. If a pin I get comes with one I imemdiately disconnect.

#8686 6 years ago

+1 for shaker on BM

#8687 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

hate em. If a pin I get comes with one I imemdiately disconnect.

interesting.....a good thread topic I haven't seen

#8688 6 years ago

I have a full set of SLE and LE decals....I'm thinking about slamming them on a couple premiums, thoughts?

#8689 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I have a full set of SLE and LE decals....I'm thinking about slamming them on a couple premiums, thoughts?

Whoa!!! how does that happen....

#8691 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Unless you have the correct factory toppers for each, it'd be a waste, IMO.

#8692 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Don't advertise it.

#8693 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Looks like the top of an LED to me.
rd

Yep, the led under the right sling shot.
I will superglue it this weekend.
Thanks for helping me solve this mini-mystery!!

#8694 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Cosmetics are the only differences between a $7K and $15K machine. If you like the looks of the LE better, go for it!

#8695 6 years ago

Cosmetics are the only differences between a $7K and $15K machine. If you like the looks of the LE better, go for it!

In addition to cosmetics stuff, speakers are supposed to be better on the SLE and has a headphone jack. Also on the SLE Batman is supposed to call you by name to answer the batphone. Don't think the code uses that yet.

#8696 6 years ago

Gonna be a little tough to get the signatures under the clear on the playfield......LE was just under 10k nib, for reference

#8697 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Gonna be a little tough to get the signatures under the clear on the playfield......

I think graffiti on a PF would count as cosmetic?

Sharpie would probably work I suppose if you really wanted it....

#8698 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In addition to cosmetics stuff, speakers are supposed to be better on the SLE and has a headphone jack. Also on the SLE Batman is supposed to call you by name to answer the batphone. Don't think the code uses that yet.

Thats true, couple hundred bucks solves that though. As for the name, I suspect pinbrowser solves that 'limitation'.

I guess I should have clarified and said that the difference between a premium and SLE is cosmetic and factory installed mods...But nothing that impacts gameplay.

#8699 6 years ago

I think graffiti on a PF would count as cosmetic?
Sharpie would probably work I suppose if you really wanted it....

Umm....graffiti and a sharpie? Thought these sort of talks ended a year ago....

Bottom line....anyone can do whatever they want to whatever machine..do decals make an LE or SLE? No. Hell, put SW decals on if you want...

#8700 6 years ago

Are there any LE or SLE owners out there that want to test the "serious profit" theory but don't want to face the price police out in full force? If so, please send me a PM and see if we can come to an agreement. Anonymity is 100% guaranteed if requested and I will donate to pinside on behalf of the seller IF a deal can be reached.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/174 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.