IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 374.
#8551 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Or download on a Mac, I had the same issue and downloaded the code on my wife’s Mac and it worked fine.

Given that more people can download 7-zip than are likely to have both a PC and a Mac at their disposal, I went with the numbers.

#8552 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There's a lot of risk reward, insane stacking of up to 5 separate modes/multiballs/sub-modes, made manageable with channel changing, currently 4 villains and 6 (?) minor villains with more to come, bat-turn mode, currently 3 multiballs, plenty of multiplier possibilities. Code is not only deep, but very clever.
LOTR is deep, but strategy wise I cant really comment. Doesn't seem nearly as clever as B66, even at this stage.
B66 really benefits from knowing what you are doing.

Quoted from jfh:

Well, the LCD integration and callouts certainly elevate the game and with the ability to use any audio/video from the series it may end up being the best theme integration of all time, but what makes the game "better" is that the game play puts you in actual episodes of the series as you work toward capturing the villians.
Villian is sighted/qualified, Commissioner calls Batman, Bruce and Dick head to the Batcave, Batmobile exits the Batcave, the Dynamic Duo engage the villian, figure things out, get trapped, there's a cliffhanger and escape and multiple escalations until the villian is captured. Which parts and how much depend on your skill as a player. Yes, there is a "formula" for progressing through each villian but even when it's the same, the video makes it different.
Add in unique modes like "Bat Turn", incredible stacking options with the unique channel changing concept where you decide what you see while your playing and the variety of the minor villian modes make this a far more engaging game than SM. Not sure it's fair to compare it to LOTR because, though it's a great game, LOTR can't compete for the total experience.
But if you don't really like (or know) the theme, Batman may not be better to play than either of the games you mention.

I definitely played it after the first major release (in months). I enjoy the game and look forward to playing it more. I like the concept of risk/reward, but it seems a little grindy here, with playing the villains over and over again. But I’ll try it next time.

Thanks for the info.

#8553 6 years ago
Quoted from legionsoup:

So I downloaded the new code (0.87) and finally had time to update my machine today. Everything looked good. Downloaded fine. Opened file. Put it on a usb. Same as always.
But when I put the USB in the machine to update, once you hit the "Select" button once, and then a 2nd time to begin the update, it just hangs without starting the update.
I've never missed an update, and I have never had an issue with the update. Tried 2 different USB sticks with the same result (both of them have worked with Batman 66 in the past). Anyone else with the same issue? Any ideas?
Note: after a while, I turned the machine off, removed the usb, and turned it back on, and it plays the 0.86 code.

For the last 3 updates, mine always hangs in the middle. I turn the machine off and it restarts to update and now the full is selected, probably because the code in the machine is now corrupt. When I ran the full update, it’s worked without stopping each of the 3 times.

#8554 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

For the last 3 updates, mine always hangs in the middle. I turn the machine off and it restarts to update and now the full is selected, probably because the code in the machine is now corrupt. When I ran the full update, it’s worked without stopping each of the 3 times.

FWIW, I always select Full + Verify. The code updates are so enormous, I honestly don't trust it to do it incrementally. I haven't had a problem with this yet.

#8555 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

FWIW, I always select Full + Verify.

Same here

#8556 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

FWIW, I always select Full + Verify. The code updates are so enormous, I honestly don't trust it to do it incrementally. I haven't had a problem with this yet.

Unless I choose 'quick' (I think its quick) then it hangs halfway through...

#8557 6 years ago

I always do quick, never had any issues. But I also do not ever have any problems with unpacking or USB sticks not working.

#8558 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I always do quick, never had any issues. But I also do not ever have any problems with unpacking or USB sticks not working.

Same here. Never had a problem.

#8559 6 years ago

So, what kind of wax should I use on my 66 premium playfield ? I saw some stuff called Millwax, but was told it has silicone and to avoid it.

#8560 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

So, what kind of wax should I use on my 66 premium playfield ? I saw some stuff called Millwax, but was told it has silicone and to avoid it.

This will last you a long time:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002LOP5E4

#8561 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

amazon.com link »

Yes, or Blitz.

blitz (resized).jpgblitz (resized).jpg

#8562 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

amazon.com link »

I Use both of those and both are excellent pure wax. Had to directly import from the US, and only came in large size so will have enough to last my lifetime, and my kids, and probably their kids.

#8563 6 years ago

A reminder for all Batfans.....do a periodic check on all your screws in the turntable assembly. I was surprised tonight by my bat computer coming off the plastic. Forgot to hit those with locktite on original go around...tiny screws, major pita to find once they drop below.

All is now well in my Batworld, but figured I'd pass it on...that area gets thrashed pretty good and lots of cool stuff in there......

#8564 6 years ago

Thanks!

#8565 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I Use both of those and both are excellent pure wax. Had to directly import from the US, and only came in large size so will have enough to last my lifetime, and my kids, and probably their kids.

Not that it necessarily matters but some waxes include waxes other than Carnauba (including the p21). No wax is 'pure' carauba (which is rock solid) but there are certainly waxes that contain only one 'type' of wax.

Like mothers.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/California-Gold-Pure-Carauba-Wax-Step-3/15137639?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=10130&adid=22222222227009249434&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40839209072&wl4=pla-78652786952&wl5=9001878&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=117089545&wl11=online&wl12=15137639&wl13=&veh=sem

#8566 6 years ago

Hay,folks,I'm having trouble starting "Bat turn" I hit it till it says hit atomic pile to start bat tern,so,I hit and hit and hit and every time I do,it says hit atomic pile to start bat turn but it never does!!! Any body else have this??Is it a bug??atomic pile hits fine till it gets to that point,then deadness:(Any help would be "helpful"Thanks!!!

#8567 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Hay,folks,I'm having trouble starting "Bat turn" I hit it till it says hit atomic pile to start bat tern,so,I hit and hit and hit and every time I do,it says hit atomic pile to start bat turn but it never does!!! Any body else have this??Is it a bug??atomic pile hits fine till it gets to that point,then deadness:(Any help would be "helpful"Thanks!!!

Check the switch inside the atomic pile using diagnostics menu. Ball has to go in the pile and hit that switch to start the bat turn mode.

#8568 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Check the switch inside the atomic pile using diagnostics menu. Ball has to go in the pile and hit that switch to start the bat turn mode.

Yeah, my switch is kinda weird in there. I can't figure out the problem with it exactly, but it only works about 90% of the time.

#8569 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Yeah, my switch is kinda weird in there. I can't figure out the problem with it exactly, but it only works about 90% of the time.

I would check the wire coming down from the Atomic Pile. It can sneak behind that target, and cause a n/c....went through that entire thing last night, bulletproofing to the best of my ability.

We will eventually need to look into a more industrial style bearing arrangement for both the disc and turntable, imho...getting hit horizontal like that is going to definitely cause wear, and eventually start screwing with the opto sensors. I think a true needle bearing or something of the sort to exacting tolerance will make the game last much longer (especially on route).....

#8570 6 years ago

Digging this look....

20180208_184045 (resized).jpg20180208_184045 (resized).jpg

#8571 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Digging this look....

Speakers look good. How did you do it?

#8574 6 years ago

Thanks,everybody!! This is a mystery!

#8575 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Thanks,everybody!! This is a mystery!

So it registers fine in switch test?

#8576 6 years ago

Time for another code update since I just got my best score

#8577 6 years ago

missing playing this game massively. atleast two weeks before the new pinball room is ready and I can get back into it.

#8578 6 years ago

So the shame multiball...

If you choose Shane and then switch back to the mode you were in, it seems a good way to rack up some points? I was playing catwomen and was at 3x points...

Then I drained so...there’s that.

Thoughts?

#8579 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

missing playing this game massively. atleast two weeks before the new pinball room is ready and I can get back into it.

Based on the Last Stern of the Union address, there should be yet another Batman66 code update by than.

#8580 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Based on the Last Stern of the Union address, there should be yet another Batman66 code update by than.

Two weeks is this upcoming weds I think...?

#8581 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

A reminder for all Batfans.....do a periodic check on all your screws in the turntable assembly. I was surprised tonight by my bat computer coming off the plastic. Forgot to hit those with locktite on original go around...tiny screws, major pita to find once they drop below.
All is now well in my Batworld, but figured I'd pass it on...that area gets thrashed pretty good and lots of cool stuff in there......

Thank you . Do you have a Shaker Motor installed ? Also did you Blue locktite or Red ? This machine is really sounding fun .

#8582 6 years ago

Blue Loctite...removable
Red Loctite...permanent

I wouldn't recommend red Loctite on anything that you might need to remove some day. Red Loctite is good for use in motor assemblies etc. Hope you decide to get a BM66. It's shaping up to be an amazing game!

#8583 6 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thank you . Do you have a Shaker Motor installed ? Also did you Blue locktite or Red ? This machine is really sounding fun .

Yep...she shakes away...great effect for this game. Blue is fine...I just forgot to do those.

Machine is crazy fun, you must snag one!!!!

#8584 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

So the shame multiball...
If you choose Shane and then switch back to the mode you were in, it seems a good way to rack up some points? I was playing catwomen and was at 3x points...
Then I drained so...there’s that.
Thoughts?

Kind of makes sense since (if I understand correctly), you aren't really switching between modes. The modes are stacked and running at the same time...choosing channels simply changes the music and animations between those that are running, right?

#8585 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Kind of makes sense since (if I understand correctly), you aren't really switching between modes. The modes are stacked and running at the same time...choosing channels simply changes the music and animations between those that are running, right?

Oh maybe you’re right...didn’t think about that

#8586 6 years ago

Had a visit with a premium today with the newer code and wow, this machine has improved greatly with the minor villain modes!

Not sure how it does $$ in the wild vs home use as the ball times were fairly long, but I didn’t pay attention to lane setup.
Wish list plug- Good stuff guys!!

#8587 6 years ago

My day today, joined the club:

5415FA13-C93D-47B2-9360-6C58145E10A7 (resized).jpeg5415FA13-C93D-47B2-9360-6C58145E10A7 (resized).jpeg

DDB383DF-C70E-4EF2-A08F-49746F8EBA3A (resized).jpegDDB383DF-C70E-4EF2-A08F-49746F8EBA3A (resized).jpeg

#8588 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Welcome to the club! It’s good to see more people getting in. Maybe Stern’s bean counters will make a correlation between good code leading to better sales and happier customers. Hopefully, some of that concept might eventually trickle over to GotG as well.

#8589 6 years ago

My machine came with .69 code I believe and is taking forever to load new code. Been stuck at 11.104/11.249kb for a good 15min now. Normal?

#8590 6 years ago

Yes turn it off and start over

#8591 6 years ago

Yep. Had to start and stop a few times to get updated. Working great and having fun!

B3DBFDAB-F29A-4DB3-BE45-95B23CE41561 (resized).jpegB3DBFDAB-F29A-4DB3-BE45-95B23CE41561 (resized).jpeg

#8592 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Yep. Had to start and stop a few times to get updated. Working great and having fun!

Awesome! Be safe and get some B/W leg brackets for the front corners. Not sure if Stern has since upgraded the cabinet wood. Your machine is definitely an older run at .69.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

dc5d785c981b991c8b6533fcdf25a7e9f3f2e757 (resized).jpgdc5d785c981b991c8b6533fcdf25a7e9f3f2e757 (resized).jpg

#8593 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Awesome! Be safe and get some B/W leg brackets for the front corners. Not sure if Stern has since upgraded the cabinet wood. Your machine is definitely an older run at .69.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

My BM66 Prem has a December 20, 2017 build date and has no corner brackets. My SW Prem, however, was built exactly 4000 serial numbers before the BM66 Prem, and has the corner brackets. Makes no sense to me why stern wouldn’t put the corner brackets in the BM66 Prem, also.

#8594 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Makes no sense to me why stern wouldn’t put the corner brackets in the BM66 Prem, also.

100% agree. I read that only the Pre/LE SW machines got the brackets and not the Pros. Not sure if GOTG got the same treatment or not. The "brackets" that Stern uses are a joke. Add that to the softer wood their supplier has been using and you're in trouble.

#8595 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

My BM66 Prem has a December 20, 2017 build date and has no corner brackets. My SW Prem, however, was built exactly 4000 serial numbers before the BM66 Prem, and has the corner brackets. Makes no sense to me why stern wouldn’t put the corner brackets in the BM66 Prem, also.

Think you would be best to compare the SW build date over serial number as I don't think there is much correlation between different models. Also, Just because BM was built on 12/20 doesn't mean the cabinet was. My last tour of Stern they have Huge storage areas with Hundreds of cabinets decaled and lined up. My guess is since they have a longer lead on getting cabinets from the outside vendor they stock pile them till they run a batch. Can't wait to hear your comparison going from BM to SW Premium. Just got a SW Premium myself and it Literally like trying to catch astroids fast. lol Loving them both! Great games and a perfect set.

#8596 6 years ago

Star wars pre/le got the corner brackets because they were heavier (all the metal wireforms, magnets,...) hence the corner brackets

#8597 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Batman '66 was a weird case where the Premium is essentially the Pro, the LE is a Premium, and the SuperLE is an LE. Maybe they decided to treat it like a Pro and not bracket it.

#8598 6 years ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

Welcome fellow Bat.

#8599 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Star wars pre/le got the corner brackets because they were heavier (all the metal wireforms, magnets,...) hence the corner brackets

Yeah that hyper loop and mech weigh a ton...LOL

#8600 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Batman '66 was a weird case where the Premium is essentially the Pro, the LE is a Premium, and the SuperLE is an LE. Maybe they decided to treat it like a Pro and not bracket it.

Seems like a reasonable guess.

Why would someone down vote it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.