Topic Stats

• 14,886 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9939 (resized).jpg
20191112_182335.jpg
20191111_134000.jpg
20191112_182335 (resized).jpg
Batman NIB (resized).jpg
batman setup (resized).jpg
bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg
DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14886 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 298.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Swapped the shooter spring out for a stiffer one, much better on plunge now.
Game is pitched at 7 and I'm still having a ton of airballs flying off the left ramp shot and ending up in the saucer. What else can be done to stop this?
Quite often getting the ball stuck on the back edge of the batmobile spinner. Have to wait for ball search to knock it free. Is there a leveling adjustment hidden underneath somewhere?

Maybe try lowering the left or right side a hair. One very minor tweak like that on my TWDLE made a huge difference, albeit on stopping the center drains.

#802 2 years ago

Appreciate all the comments and advice on my playfield. I am not in the Stern hater category or on the fanboy side either. I've always enjoyed pinball and excited my son wants to play now. I feel that Stern will do something to make it right. Certainly don't feel like the playfield issues we are seeing are something that Stern cannot eventually correct. With so many games going home use only now they are going to have to sort out these playfield issues quickly. Spending a little more upfront on higher quality wood, finish, and parts will be cheaper in the long run for the company. Spending 10k plus I expect a machine that will hold up. It is a new game and I expect for there to be issues. My playfield is just way outside the norm from other games I've seen after such a short period. The clear chipping in the shooter lane worries me just as much as the dimpling. Hell I am still far from giving up on the game and feel like it has a lot of potential. Yes it's clunky at times right now. The theme and artwork are awesome for someone who is a fan of the show like we are. Love the screen and the topper (they are still trying to get another one shipped since they mailed the first one to the wrong location). Bottom line just sharing my issues and not trying to start a war over the game.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Game is pitched at 7 and I'm still having a ton of airballs flying off the left ramp shot and ending up in the saucer. What else can be done to stop this?
Quite often getting the ball stuck on the back edge of the batmobile spinner.

Do you not have the plastic covers on your ramps? How are they not stopping the air balls?

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do you not have the plastic covers on your ramps? How are they not stopping the air balls?

Yes I have the clear plastic guards over the ramps. The right ramp has been fine. The left not even close. It's flimsy and seems like its elevated too high up in relation to the path of the ball. It does a lousy job on preventing airballs.

It really should have been a fully enclosed wireform at least halfway around the bend. This plastic is just not going to work. *Maybe* if it extended around to where the wire gate is it would help a little more, or had an attachment point where it currently ends at to help knock the ball down. But I suspect the ball would still be moving wildly enough to come off the wireform

On any shot up the left ramp, with good force, I was seeing about 50% airball ratio last night.

#806 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Gotta believe those are for the rubber inserts for playfield to rest on when raised ( even though only 3 on IMVE) Think I'll call tomorrow and ask...

Does the location of the playfield change when it's raised? Don't understand the need for 3 holes. Would love to know what you find out about this if you don't mind sharing.

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Agreed, anxious to keep the club thread positive as new owners enjoy this beautiful game. ( think he was kidding, as his arrives tomorrow)

Even though I like hearing about the gadgets and cards, the tweaks and issues are interesting too. It's not negative letting people know what to look for.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Any truth that new clear needs like 3 months to cure(sp) before it's stronger (less soft = more dimple resistant)?

If that was true than why is the clear chipping off on the shooter lanes?

#809 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Quite often getting the ball stuck on the back edge of the batmobile spinner. Have to wait for ball search to knock it free. Is there a leveling adjustment hidden underneath somewhere?

Same issue. Pic attached ...anyone been brave enough to tackle adjusting the turntable mech yet? I'm game to try almost anything in the pinball world, but that is one complex looking mech
20170107_165039 (resized).jpg

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Same issue. Pic attached ...anyone been brave enough to tackle adjusting the turntable mech yet? I'm game to try almost anything in the pinball world, but that is one complex looking mech

You might consider these for stuck ball locations. amazon.com link »

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

What's your pitch? I'm serious...6.5, and my ball would float around that rim of the spinner, needing a nudge to unstick. At 7 , have had zero problems with it (3 days running now..playing at the office..I can do that, executive privilege......).

These shots (almost all of them) are very tight, whether people find that a hassle or a challenge is up to them. It does provide a different gaming experience for me with my existing lineup. Combine that with a killer theme, and it's a winner for me.

No danger of left orbit shots with this one, but the ramps really do flow nicely, in their own way. Agreed the left one would have been better with a more complete wireform around the loop, but suspect there will be a fix for that. I was looking at my SM last night, and realized they made a really cool plastic flap (with artwork) that screwed to the plastic ramp. If they could come up with something like that ( a little longer, some art, and attached to the wireform) that area is solid, and would really look great...thinking out loud....

#812 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Even though I like hearing about the gadgets and cards, the tweaks and issues are interesting too. It's not negative letting people know what to look for.

Agreed, and thumbs upped your post. I like working on my machines as much (if not more) than playing them. The chipped clear is a defect, period, and needs to be dealt with. Dimpling playfields? That one was terrible, but mine is "breaking in" nicely. Magnet dimples? meh..I think the alloy will only allow so much dimpling, then land at it's final state, when everything gets bashed evenly over time.

The game is very "physical" as far as a some flowy shots, moving bash target, harsh, tight shots, and a rotisserie that may prove to be truly special, especially when the video gets drug down into that TV on a more interactive basis.

All of these other things I find very interesting, as the tweaking process begins....

#813 2 years ago

Just want to say thanks to all pinside members. I saw the post for loose screws on the turntable batmobile and checked it out for myself. Thanks for saving me the future agony of looking for loose screws. Have enough of my own. I made a contribution today because of it. Thanks to all member most of all !!!!!!

#814 2 years ago

Mirco has playfield protectors up for preorder. Will not be shipped before the end of the month (waiting on production playfield to fine tune the prototype). I ordered one.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com

Decided I'd try one and see if I like it rather than take a chance I have a defective playfield. Not going to play my LE much, if at all, until it's installed. That's probably silly, but no too much sillier than paying $10k for a toy ...

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Mirco has playfield protectors up for preorder. Will not be shipped before the end of the month (waiting on production playfield to fine tune the prototype). I ordered one.
Decided I'd try one and see if I like it rather than take a chance I have a defective playfield. Not going to play my LE much, if at all, until it's installed.

Sad when it is coming to this on new games. How do those protectors install anyway, do you have to remove basically everything on a playfield to get them on? Seems like a PITA, anyone know? If it is ever coming to having to do this to enjoy a NIB game anymore, I am out, what a joke.

#816 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Decided I'd try one and see if I like it rather than take a chance I have a defective playfield. Not going to play my LE much, if at all, until it's installed. That's probably silly, but no too much sillier than paying $10k for a toy ...

Thanks for the link...I'm in too. My playfield dimpling is very minor compared to the defective one showed, but seems like common sense to pursue if I want to protect the playfield, period. Almost bought one for my WOZ (yes it is suspect to minor dimpling, scratching too), but man, that thing will be a PITA to tear down.

After doing the rubbers on my BM66LE, I'm not that afraid of it (from a teardown standpoint) to put this protector on.

I'm keeping the machine, and will continue to play it until the protector arrives, but an ounce of protection...........

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

How do those protectors install anyway, do you have to remove basically everything on a playfield to get them on? Seems like a PITA, anyone know

These are easy to install. Added one made by the folks in Germany to my BBTS.

Just built my own for BM66SLE. The BM is even easier as the ramps are not installed on the slings. ...

Thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=mt45#post-3527141

20170106_195631 (resized).jpg

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

These are easy to install. Added one made by the folks in Germany to my BBTS.
Just built my own for BM66SLE. The BM is even easier as the ramps are not installed on the slings. ...
Thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread?tu=mt45#post-3527141

So your built one seem to end right up against most of those mechs up top do they not? This other one for purchase looks like it has the whole playfield include the areas to sides and back of the playfield, in between the pops, etc.? That is what makes me think this purchased one would be way harder to install without taking everything off? Yours looks like very minimal needed?
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#819 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

That is what makes me think this purchased one would be way harder to install without taking everything off? Yours looks like very minimal needed?

Yes, my design provides less protection but simpler installation. I don't care about ball trails up around the orbits. I don't care about protection the top lanes or the pops area. There's factory mylar in there. You could buy theirs and just cut off the parts you don't want. I did that for the Big Betty's Truckstop as well. Know that you'll need to then tack down that exposed edge using mylar or temp mylar.

I'm going to send them an email to give them a heads up that they will need to add two small "ears" of material to the left and right of the piece of the protector just below the turntable. (They probqbly already know this). My original template did not have these designed in and I HAD TO add them afterward. There are 2 small cavities built into those areas that allow the pinball to be pushed into as the turntable spins to help alleviate jamming the mech. If you don't have those small pieces the ball gets pushed into those cavities and off the edge of the protector, then can't rollback over that 2mm edge. I cut 2 small pieces of material afterward and mylar ed them in and it now works perfect ... see image for area.

Protector edits (resized).jpg

#820 2 years ago

Did several things this afternoon to try and help "clean up" the left orbit and left ramp shots. Was mainly having really bad issues with horribly rattled shots in left orbit (at multiple locations on the orbit) and balls flying off the left ramp. These changes really helped, so I thought I'd share. Thanks to my buddy pigpin for the help and creative direction .

1. Pitched the game up to 7.2 (see level guide below for general idea)
IMG_3920 (resized).JPG

2. Put a rubber gasket on one of the left ramp screws to try and give the ramp a little steeper pitch as the ball moves up the ramp (see pic below)
IMG_3922 (resized).JPG

3. Double-stacked two pieces of pinball foam and put them between the left ramp wire form and the orbit gate (see pic below). This has also seemed to make this ramp shot LESS "rattly."
IMG_3923 (resized).JPG

4. Cut off the zip tie attaching the wire to the left ramp. Some of my left orbits shots were hitting this zip tie/wire. Then was able to zip tie the wire to the little rectangular metal post behind the ramp thus getting it 100% out of the way. (see pic below)
IMG_3924 (resized).JPG

5. The plastics on the left side of the left orbit were overlapping the actual metal on the orbit. I took a dremel and opened up the holes in these plastics so that there would be more give and slid them back so that they sat flush with the left edge of the ramp. (see plastics that I did this too below).
IMG_3925 (resized).JPG

No more balls flying off left ramp. Left orbit is better but still not great. Just think there is some bad geometry here maybe. I almost think it needs a guide extending off that blue rubber bumper pad located at the front left side of the left ramp to help ease the ball around the orbit. May try to build something and test it out.

#821 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sad when it is coming to this on new games. How do those protectors install anyway, do you have to remove basically everything on a playfield to get them on? Seems like a PITA, anyone know? If it is ever coming to having to do this to enjoy a NIB game anymore, I am out, what a joke.

I'm not disciplined enough not to buy NIB anymore but the thought of having to add a playfield protector to these games is comical to me. Good lord. That just seems crazy.

#822 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

1. Pitched the game up to what is probably like 7-7.5 (see level guide below)

Use a digital level or an iPhone app .. those bubble levels can't really tell you what degrees a machine is at.

I use PinGuy on my IPhone, free from the App Store. Works fine. Just make sure you set it up properly and push the playfield button (not glass .. can't level off the glass)

rd

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Use a digital level or an iPhone app .. those bubble levels can't really tell you what degrees a machine is at.
I use PinGuy on my IPhone, free from the App Store. Works fine. Just make sure you set it up properly and push the playfield button (not glass .. can't level off the glass)
rd

Thanks RD. What do you mean by "push the playfield button". Just measured it using a level app off the playfield. Was trying to measure off the glass. Thanks for helping a rookie out. Cheers

#824 2 years ago

In either case, it doesn't seem like this is a difficult install - take off both ramps and the sling covers?

Quoted from MT45:

I'm going to send them an email to give them a heads up that they will need to add two small "ears" of material to the left and right of the piece of the protector just below the turntable. (They probqbly already know this). My original template did not have these designed in and I HAD TO add them afterward. There are 2 small cavities built into those areas that allow the pinball to be pushed into as the turntable spins to help alleviate jamming the mech. If you don't have those small pieces the ball gets pushed into those cavities and off the edge of the protector, then can't rollback over that 2mm edge. I cut 2 small pieces of material afterward and mylar ed them in and it now works perfect ... see image for area.

Thank you for doing this - I hope Mirco can add these flaps to the production versions.

#825 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Thanks RD. What do you mean by "push the playfield button". Just measured it using a level app off the playfield. Was trying to measure off the glass. Thanks for helping a rookie out. Cheers

Pro tip - never level off the glass.

Analogy - levelling your house floor by measuring the roof.

On the PinGuy app, there is a button down the bottom that says "playfield" or "glass". Push the playfield button.

rd

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I'm sure this has been talked about but is there an explanation for the 3 holes on top front edge of the back box?

it's for special signs i'm making

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from crlush:

If that was true than why is the clear chipping off on the shooter lanes?

i dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maybe a separate chemical compound issue or application issue?

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Sad when it is coming to this on new games. How do those protectors install anyway

I agree. It is sad to have to consider this, but I consider the $100 to be playfield insurance. I've never used one before, but have heard good things from folks that have used them on other games. And $100 is nothing compared to the anguish of possibly going through what others have with defective playfields. Even if I end up having a defective playfield and Stern does replace it, that would cost me more in time and aggravation.

The nice thing about these compared to other options is that it just lays on the playfield - no adhesive, no sealing, just a nice coat of wax before laying it down. I hope it doesn't make the PF look dull, but I think I'd rather have dull than damaged.

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

On the PinGuy app, there is a button down the bottom that says "playfield" or "glass". Push the playfield button.
rd

Thanks my man. It read 7.2.

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

it's for special signs i'm making

But of course. Look forward to buying some at TPF.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hope it doesn't make the PF look dull, but I think I'd rather have dull than damaged.

It has to diminish the visual appearance of the playfield, right? And the beauty of the playfield is one of the best/enjoyable things about collecting games IMO. I just can't imagine laying a piece of plastic (or whatever material) over it.

#832 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

It has to diminish the visual appearance of the playfield, right? And the beauty of the playfield is one of the best/enjoyable things about collecting games IMO. I just can't imagine laying a piece of plastic (or whatever material) over it.

For home use it may stay shiny for quite some time. Since you can just clip the back off it and put it in BM66 with little effort there really isn't too much of a downside.

#833 2 years ago

i'm planning to bring SLE to texas pinball festival (TPF). so we're looking at like 300+ plays over 4 days (maybe?).
think i should just put down a smaller piece of mylar at the top area for TPF, then remove it when i get home & then do the full sheet (or another new small piece) ?

#834 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The nice thing about these compared to other options is that it just lays on the playfield - no adhesive, no sealing, just a nice coat of wax before laying it down. I hope it doesn't make the PF look dull, but I think I'd rather have dull than damaged.

How do you know if you have a defective PF if you use the protector?

What if the protector gets all scratched up, ends up being not worth it after a year or so and you pull it off and find you have a F ed up PF.?

Going back and forth on this. Not a full PF protector kind of guy.

I don't really care about my GBLE hammered dimple fest?

Why should I care with Batman?

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What if the protector gets all scratched up, ends up being not worth it after a year or so and you pull it off and find you have a F ed up PF.?
Going back and forth on this. Not a full PF protector kind of guy.
I don't really care about my GBLE hammered dimple fest?
Why should I care with Batman?

You shouldn't. Play it without the protector like games have been played for decades. You shouldn't need it. If you do, then there is a problem with the pf. That being said, I got my Hobbit with a pf protector installed and love it. It looks nice, quiets the game, and protects. The factory installation option for these that JJP gives is nice. I don't know if I'd do it myself just because my time is pretty scarce. I'd rather be playing the game and not working on it in the little free time I have.

#836 2 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

You shouldn't. Play it without the protector like games have been played for decades. You shouldn't need it. If you do, then there is a problem with the pf. That being said, I got my Hobbit with a pf protector installed and love it. It looks nice, quiets the game, and protects. The factory installation option for these that JJP gives is nice. I don't know if I'd do it myself just because my time is pretty scarce. I'd rather be playing the game and not working on it in the little free time I have.

Do the new pf protectors slow the ball speed down at all? Or collect link/dirt easier? I bought one 2 years ago from that company in Germany for my T2 and we hated it. Slowed the ball down, like the ball was floating. Plus it attracted alot of dust/lint, etc

#837 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

For home use it may stay shiny for quite some time. Since you can just clip the back off it and put it in BM66 with little effort there really isn't too much of a downside

Agreed. That's why I designed, cut and installed one ... no downside.

Quoted from Cserold:

It has to diminish the visual appearance of the playfield, right?

Not in the slightest. I was worried too but these are crystal clear. If anything, shinier than the original PF

Quoted from Pimp77:

That being said, I got my Hobbit with a pf protector installed and love it. It looks nice, quiets the game, and protects

Agree. I see no change in game play or feel.

Quoted from iceman44:

Ice is correct, the only downside is you just don't know as I will never expose the PF to the ball.
At this point I have ZERO dimples after over 100 plays (not counting 4 very small marks on the magnet that were put there by Stern during factory testing)
I'm a believer in them for the below examples:

I think these are good for 3 types of machines ...

1) a high end machine that you want to keep mint for future value
2) a lower end machine that can be made more playable due to dished inserts
3) a machine that has had the mylar removed and was never factory cleared and you don't want to spend the time/money to clear it

I have a Big Betty's Truck Stop that falls in #3 type above. I bought that protector from the guys in Germany and the material is the exact same as my homemade one (PET-G)

Love 'em.

Picture is of my homemade one installed. Even hard to see it

20170105_214633 (resized).jpg

#838 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i'm planning to bring SLE to texas pinball festival (TPF).

That's awesome!!! Wish I could go this year.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Do the new pf protectors slow the ball speed down at all? Or collect link/dirt easier? I bought one 2 years ago from that company in Germany for my T2 and we hated it. Slowed the ball down, like the ball was floating. Plus it attracted alot of dust/lint, etc

Great question, but no. They are made from PET-G now, not Makralon. Faster, thinner and less static, but yes ... there is some. You will see some dust under it over time. I'm willing to put up with a little dust under it to avoid the moonlike cratering that I've seen

BM66 is easy to remove and clean if needed.

Guys, I was as sceptical as you all. Especially of the whole "this will protect against dimpling" premise. How could it?

It does, and well

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Great question, but no. They are made from PET-G now, not Makralon. Faster, thinner and less static, but yes ... there is some. You will see some dust under it over time. I'm willing to put up with a little dust under it to avoid the moonlike cratering that I've seen
BM66 is easy to remove and clean if needed.
Guys, I was as sceptical as you all. Especially of the whole "this will protect against dimpling" premise. How could it?
It does, and well

Do you have any closeup pics of the bottom rollover lanes?
Is it tricky to get the right oval shape to avoid ball hangups there?

Did anyone take your template you offered earlier? If its still available I could get a digital image of it made and post it here so people could print it out and use it as a starting point to making their own template.

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What do you think the PF would be F'ed up from? It's a smooth piece of plastic going on a waxed playfield that will have little if any movement. What would damage the PF?

You are correct I probably won't know if I have a defective playfield. But the whole point of using a protector on a new game is to avoid dealing with the fallout if I do.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Did several things this afternoon to try and help "clean up" the left orbit and left ramp shots. Was mainly having really bad issues with horribly rattled shots in left orbit (at multiple locations on the orbit) and balls flying off the left ramp. These changes really helped, so I thought I'd share. Thanks to my buddy pigpin for the help and creative direction .
1. Pitched the game up to what is probably like 7.2 (see level guide below for general idea)

2. Put a rubber gasket on one of the left ramp screws to try and give the ramp a little steeper pitch as the ball moves up the ramp (see pic below)

3. Double-stacked two pieces of pinball foam and put them between the left ramp wire form and the orbit gate (see pic below). This has also seemed to make this ramp shot LESS "rattly."

4. Cut off the zip tie attaching the wire to the left ramp. Some of my left orbits shots were hitting this zip tie/wire. Then was able to zip tie the wire to the little rectangular metal post behind the ramp thus getting it 100% out of the way. (see pic below)

Great post right here! I came to the same conclusion and saw you did too!!!
I did all of it except for adjusting the back left corner plastic. World of difference.

So the left ramp airball problem... The wireform on my pin has a ton of slop/play in it. Where the wireform and top of ramp meet, you can slide it around a lot in and out. The plastic guard is static in a fixed position but as you push the wireform deeper into the ramp exit, the higher the plastic guard became in relation to the ball path. Caused way too much gap and allowed uncontrollable airballs. I pulled the wireform out a bit from the ramp exit and it closed the gap.

I also added one additional washer to the right hand mount for the ramp. Where the bracket is attached on the back wall I took a flipper rubber and folded it flat and wedged it in there. Same fix and result as Cserold. The slop in the ramp was gone for the most part now, the gap between ball path and plastic guard much better and after a few games, and a couple dozen left hand ramp shots, not a single airball!!! Buttery smooth around the bend now.

Same thing with the cat lights wire. Snipped the zip tie and tied it with a new one to the metal wire guide underneath the ramp. Much better left orbit shot, not perfect, but worlds better. The inner ball guide is too short that leads back around the turntable edge. It should've come down towards the ramp another half inch or so. What happens sometimes is the ball will end up smacking into that edge (underneath / behind the ramp) and get rejected.

Making progress guys. Still need to figure out the leveling of the batmobile spinner yet...

#843 2 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Great post right here! I came to the same conclusion and saw you did too!!!
I did all of it except for adjusting the back left corner plastic. World of difference.
So the left ramp airball problem... The wireform on my pin has a ton of slop/play in it. Where the wireform and top of ramp meet, you can slide it around a lot in and out. The plastic guard is static in a fixed position but as you push the wireform deeper into the ramp exit, the higher the plastic guard became in relation to the ball path. Caused way too much gap and allowed uncontrollable airballs. I pulled the wireform out a bit from the ramp exit and it closed the gap.
I also added one additional washer to the right hand mount for the ramp. Where the bracket is attached on the back wall I took a flipper rubber and folded it flat and wedged it in there. Same fix and result as Cserold. The slop in the ramp was gone for the most part now, the gap between ball path and plastic guard much better and after a few games, and a couple dozen left hand ramp shots, not a single airball!!! Buttery smooth around the bend now.
Same thing with the cat lights wire. Snipped the zip tie and tied it with a new one to the metal wire guide underneath the ramp. Much better left orbit shot, not perfect, but worlds better. The inner ball guide is too short that leads back around the turntable edge. It should've come down towards the ramp another half inch or so. What happens sometimes is the ball will end up smacking into that edge (underneath / behind the ramp) and get rejected.
Making progress guys. Still need to figure out the leveling of the batmobile spinner yet...

Appreciate the feedback and additional info on other things you tweaked. Think we are all getting pretty good at "stern proofing" these new pins.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Agreed. That's why I designed, cut and installed one ... no downside.

Not in the slightest. I was worried too but these are crystal clear. If anything, shinier than the original PF

Agree. I see no change in game play or feel.

Ice is correct, the only downside is you just don't know as I will never expose the PF to the ball.
At this point I have ZERO dimples after over 100 plays (not counting 4 very small marks on the magnet that were put there by Stern during factory testing)
I'm a believer in them for the below examples:
I think these are good for 3 types of machines ...
1) a high end machine that you want to keep mint for future value
2) a lower end machine that can be made more playable due to dished inserts
3) a machine that has had the mylar removed and was never factory cleared and you don't want to spend the time/money to clear it
I have a Big Betty's Truck Stop that falls in #3 type above. I bought that protector from the guys in Germany and the material is the exact same as my homemade one (PET-G)
Love 'em.
Picture is of my homemade one installed. Even hard to see it

Pretty damn impressive. Begs the question then...why in heck aren't they installing these at factory on the games if they are having continuous problems with the soft wood? Or at least give folks the option to request it be installed when buying. Sounds JJP may already be doing this, right?

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Neither for me so far. Ball is fast and no dirt/dust collecting.

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Pretty damn impressive. Begs the question then...why in heck aren't they installing these at factory on the games if they are having continuous problems with the soft wood? Or at least give folks the option to request it be installed when buying. Sounds JJP may already be doing this, right?

i probably would have paid for it, if given the option.

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

This is a bit off topic, but that Glass button on PinGuy is only meant to be used once you have already leveled the actual playfield. The idea is you level the playfield first, then put the glass back in, then use the "Learn Glass" button to record the Glass level relative to the playfield. Then you save the settings under "Collection".

Once you've done this, you actually don't need to remove the glass to level any of the games you have recorded in your Collection. Just put the phone straight on the glass, select the game in "Collection" and make sure the Glass button is selected. It's a really good feature, especially if you move your games around a bit or take them to shows etc.

#849 2 years ago

I was hoping to try this game from MSA on Fri during their anniversary bash. They said they were going to put it on free play for Fri only. Sadly on facebook they posted after they unwrapped it they found a weld was broken on the turntable. I hope they can get it running soon.

https://m.facebook.com/Main-Street-Amusements-169480896422113/?__tn__=C

I think they still haven't gotten TBL fixed yet.

#850 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was hoping to try this game from MSA on Fri during their anniversary bash. They said they were going to put it on free play for Fri only. Sadly on facebook they posted after they unwrapped it they found a weld was broken on the turntable. I hope they can get it running soon.
https://m.facebook.com/Main-Street-Amusements-169480896422113/?__tn__=C
I think they still haven't gotten TBL fixed yet.

Sucks to have game crippling problem out of the box, but it really sucks when they where going to have it on free play for their anniversary that's a great way to celebrate with your customers, hope they get it fixed quickly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 14886 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 298.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside