Did several things this afternoon to try and help "clean up" the left orbit and left ramp shots. Was mainly having really bad issues with horribly rattled shots in left orbit (at multiple locations on the orbit) and balls flying off the left ramp. These changes really helped, so I thought I'd share. Thanks to my buddy pigpin for the help and creative direction .
1. Pitched the game up to 7.2 (see level guide below for general idea)
2. Put a rubber gasket on one of the left ramp screws to try and give the ramp a little steeper pitch as the ball moves up the ramp (see pic below)
3. Double-stacked two pieces of pinball foam and put them between the left ramp wire form and the orbit gate (see pic below). This has also seemed to make this ramp shot LESS "rattly."
4. Cut off the zip tie attaching the wire to the left ramp. Some of my left orbits shots were hitting this zip tie/wire. Then was able to zip tie the wire to the little rectangular metal post behind the ramp thus getting it 100% out of the way. (see pic below)
5. The plastics on the left side of the left orbit were overlapping the actual metal on the orbit. I took a dremel and opened up the holes in these plastics so that there would be more give and slid them back so that they sat flush with the left edge of the ramp. (see plastics that I did this too below).
No more balls flying off left ramp. Left orbit is better but still not great. Just think there is some bad geometry here maybe. I almost think it needs a guide extending off that blue rubber bumper pad located at the front left side of the left ramp to help ease the ball around the orbit. May try to build something and test it out.