IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 374.
#8401 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True...I guess I was referring to pure #'s....the LE's and SLE's wont sit, period. Doubtful that instance is any sort of metric of true trending action.

Agree. The raw numbers are small.

What vireland didn't say was that his incessant bashing of Stern last year about the code was almost certainly a factor in the relatively high number of secondary market sales in 2Q and 3Q last year and probably still taints the Batman market for those that don't folllow it closely. (Not sure why he still seems so down on Batman, but he ignores me so we may never know).

The demand for the game has clearly spiked since around Halloween. There are people who want games that haven't been able to find them for months (though it seems like many want LEs) even though Stern ran another batch of Premiums in November/December. I still believe the overall market for Batman is small (primarily demographics and pricing). Maybe we see some sales when the code reaches 1.00, but people I know with the game have no interest in selling at this point and I don't see the addition of whatever comes between .87 and 1.00+ changing that. The game is already deeper than any recent Stern game and Lyman may be setting the stage for the honor of having the best Stern game play ever.

This game is the poster child for "code sells games". The code came too late in this case to take advantage of the initial hype by Stern, but Stern seemingly keeping the promise George made that the game wouldn't be done until it was the game he and Lyman envisioned will certainly help Stern with sales of future boutique titles. (Of course there is the issue of whether Stern really understands that code sells games, but that's for another thread ...)

If anyone wants to sell their game now, it should sell quickly. I'm going to continue to smile and say "No, sorry" when people ask to buy mine and happily help them find a NIB Premium.

#8402 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

so the rumors lately is no Elvira this year. Do you think that is because Lyman is still finishing BM66, and then he needs a good chuck of time for Elvira, so they don't repeat the same mistake? Would make sense to me. Would also set up Elvira for an awesome launch, if later than expected.

I had heard was that it was pushed back to late fall (Halloween would certainly be appropriate), but if that has changed and it's now moved into 2019, I'm fine with that. I think that would certainly be an indication that Stern has learned from the Batman "mistake" and/or realized that coding a game to take advantage of an LCD and video assets has to extend the development cycle. Maybe that's also why we say the surprise rerun/vault of AC/DC Luci.

If Lyman is allowed to truly finish Batman, I'm on board for Elvira and don't mind at all if the release is pushed out to flesh out the code -- want to see plenty of Elvira flesh -- that would be a very smart move by Stern.

(I know the mistake referenced is lack of code at release, but, with the unfortunate death of Adam last year, imagine how bad everyone would have felt if Batman 66 hadn't been moved up in the production cycle).

#8403 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

has to have alot of crow on the table right now. We were called everything in the book for staying with this, and I'm very glad I did. Best surprise grail for me in my pinball life.....

Some people paid 2X the 'normal' price for this pin and almost a year and a half later its still <1.0 code. Unless you needed a LE, waiting was the smart move.

I waited until it was clear that they were actually going to do what they said and then I grabbed one....A full year after release, for MUCH less than they originally sold for.

Not picking any feathers from my teeth. I always hoped they'd get their act together on this one.

#8404 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

so the rumors lately is no Elvira this year. Do you think that is because Lyman is still finishing BM66, and then he needs a good chuck of time for Elvira, so they don't repeat the same mistake? Would make sense to me. Would also set up Elvira for an awesome launch, if later than expected.

If Lyman is doing Elvira.I wonder if he will use the same style of LCD integration he did with Batman66.

For thise who werent watching TV in the 80's, the Elvira TV show "Movie Macabre" would show cheesy low budget public domain horror films with Elvira offering her unique style of humor before/after commercial breaks.

Since the films were public domain Stern should be able to pick and choose from a wide variety of films to use for the LCD clips for little or no cost. Elvira would be commenting on the films as well as your pinball skills as you go along. This approach would be very similar to what Lyman is doing on Batman66 with the villains and their respective episodes.

I think playing through a bunch of low budget cheesy horror films with Elvira as your narrator would be an awesome game playing experience.

#8405 6 years ago

Sorry,Doc.not a Elvira fan!! Hoping the next pin will be "The Beatles"For us older rockers

#8406 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If Lyman is doing Elvira.I wonder if he will use the same style of LCD integration he did with Batman66.
For thise who werent watching TV in the 80's, the Elvira TV show "Movie Macabre" would show cheesy low budget public domain horror films with Elvira offering her unique style of humor before/after commercial breaks.
Since the films were public domain Stern should be able to pick and choose from a wide variety of films to use for the LCD clips for little or no cost. Elvira would be commenting on the films as well as your pinball skills as you go along. This approach would be very similar to what Lyman is doing on Batman66 with the villains and their respective episodes.
I think playing through a bunch of low budget cheesy horror films with Elvira as your narrator would be an awesome game playing experience.

blech. Listening to old dudes pant about Elvira is like listening to my grandpa hit on 20 year old waitresses. Creepy.

That said, I think a pin about old cheesy horror films would be awesome. Just have no desire to see another elvira pin.

But I digress lol.

#8407 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Im getting ready to powdercoat my batman 66. Highly considering doing a deep dark blue like adam west costume in the series. I got the cape siderails and laser cut hinges. What do you guys think

That blue looks very nice, besides the costume it looks like the Bat-Boat too. I just think that change can be risky, can be tricky at the end... IMO.

9AE9DCF0-EA1D-4397-BCEB-FFD4C3DDE30B (resized).jpeg9AE9DCF0-EA1D-4397-BCEB-FFD4C3DDE30B (resized).jpeg

#8408 6 years ago

I like the idea of getting my rails (ball returns) powder coated...Maybe side rails too but I'm always afraid to pull of rails...Who does that and how much are we talking?

#8409 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure the initial confirmation of Elvira by Stern was NOT supposed to happen when it did. It was a HUGE slip up.

#8410 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree. The raw numbers are small.
What vireland didn't say was that his incessant bashing of Stern last year about the code was almost certainly a factor in the relatively high number of secondary market sales in 2Q and 3Q last year and probably still taints the Batman market for those that don't folllow it closely. (Not sure why he still seems so down on Batman, but he ignores me so we may never know).
The demand for the game has clearly spiked since around Halloween. There are people who want games that haven't been able to find them for months (though it seems like many want LEs) even though Stern ran another batch of Premiums in November/December. I still believe the overall market for Batman is small (primarily demographics and pricing). Maybe we see some sales when the code reaches 1.00, but people I know with the game have no interest in selling at this point and I don't see the addition of whatever comes between .87 and 1.00+ changing that. The game is already deeper than any recent Stern game and Lyman may be setting the stage for the honor of having the best Stern game play ever.
This game is the poster child for "code sells games". The code came too late in this case to take advantage of the initial hype by Stern, but Stern seemingly keeping the promise George made that the game wouldn't be done until it was the game he and Lyman envisioned will certainly help Stern with sales of future boutique titles. (Of course there is the issue of whether Stern really understands that code sells games, but that's for another thread ...)
If anyone wants to sell their game now, it should sell quickly. I'm going to continue to smile and say "No, sorry" when people ask to buy mine and happily help them find a NIB Premium.

A few of us had faith and knew this was going to be a great pin when finished. I got tired of arguing and just decided to say nothing and let things happen. Admittedly, those initial releases didn't come as quick as I was told they would be, but a later decision was made to hold the incremental releases to get to something more substantial, and I am fine with that decision. Smaller releases would just have fueled more of the fire surrounding whether or not Lyman had moved on to the next game and was not devoting any time to Batman. I think the current progress has more than shown he was deep into this code all the time, and those making assumptions were wrong. Regardless, I am just glad to be to this point and it is like a new game with every release.

#8411 6 years ago

Four files now in this update. I don't think it's going to fit on my usual 8GB flash drive. Has anyone had to go to a larger drive on this update?

#8412 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Four files now in this update. I don't think it's going to fit on my usual 8GB flash drive. Has anyone had to go to a larger drive on this update?

It's 6GB. My 8gb stick still handling it, but I've got to reformat it usually each time.

#8413 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

blech. Listening to old dudes pant about Elvira is like listening to my grandpa hit on 20 year old waitresses. Creepy.

Who said anything about panting? If all I wanted was boobs I'd buy one of the playboy pins, DE TMNT, or Strikes and Spares.

Cleavage is great but its not the reason I'd buy her next pin. I'd be in on it if we got a steady stream of her talking crap about your pinball skills and the bad movies with her unique style of humor along with a bunch of "so bad they are good" horror film clips as you play the movies through the game.

I guess we'll still have to wait a while before we find out what kind of game it will be.

#8414 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Who said anything about panting? If all I wanted was boobs I'd buy one of the playboy pins, DE TMNT, or Strikes and Spares.
Cleavage is great but its not the reason I'd buy her next pin. I'd be in on it if we got a steady stream of her talking crap about your pinball skills and the bad movies with her unique style of humor along with a bunch of "so bad they are good" horror film clips as you play the movies through the game.
I guess we'll still have to wait a while before we find out what kind of game it will be.

There are lots of guys here that pant over elvira every time someone dares to say something about her they dont like. Wasnt specifically 'accusing' you.

For me, Elvira simply isnt any more relevant or interesting than a carrot top or pauly shore pin. But I know there are plenty of folks that would love those pin titles too. We all have different tastes.

#8415 6 years ago

Some people paid 2X the 'normal' price for this pin and almost a year and a half later its still <1.0 code.

2x ? It's disingenuous to compare the Batman SLE pricing to that of any other pin. No one paid 2x for a Premium or LE.

Unless you needed a LE, waiting was the smart move.

Absolutely. Also if you wanted an SLE.

I waited until it was clear that they were actually going to do what they said and then I grabbed one.... for MUCH less than they originally sold for.

How much less? New or used?

#8416 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

How does the Dennis Nordman "exclusive" deeproot deal impact Elvira? I wonder how he can make a game for Stern with he was announced as "exclusive" to deeproot?

#8417 6 years ago

I like the idea of getting my rails (ball returns) powder coated...Maybe side rails too but I'm always afraid to pull of rails...Who does that and how much are we talking?

I do powdercoat work and you can check my thread. Over 100 customers all happy. I can do both for around 80.00 with return shipping. about a 1 to two week turn around

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/11#first

#8418 6 years ago

There are lots of guys here that pant over elvira every time someone dares to say something about her they dont like. Wasnt specifically 'accusing' you.
For me, Elvira simply isnt any more relevant or interesting than a carrot top or pauly shore pin. But I know there are plenty of folks that would love those pin titles too. We all have different tastes.

The opposite sex would agree with you on Carrot Top and Pauly Shore, but when it comes to Elvira, most would like the theme.

Full disclosure: I own a Scared Stiff and have observed positive reviews from women

#8419 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

2x ? It's disingenuous to compare the Batman SLE pricing to that of any other pin.

I agree. For that money the code should have been completely baked on day one.

Quoted from jfh:

How much less? New or used?

Not a ton less but under $7K. Mint HUO only lightly played.

#8420 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I had heard was that it was pushed back to late fall (Halloween would certainly be appropriate), but if that has changed and it's now moved into 2019, I'm fine with that. I think that would certainly be an indication that Stern has learned from the Batman "mistake" and/or realized that coding a game to take advantage of an LCD and video assets has to extend the development cycle. Maybe that's also why we say the surprise rerun/vault of AC/DC Luci.
If Lyman is allowed to truly finish Batman, I'm on board for Elvira and don't mind at all if the release is pushed out to flesh out the code -- want to see plenty of Elvira flesh -- that would be a very smart move by Stern.
(I know the mistake referenced is lack of code at release, but, with the unfortunate death of Adam last year, imagine how bad everyone would have felt if Batman 66 hadn't been moved up in the production cycle).

Of course, we all have our own wishes, but mine would be for Lyman to work on Iron Maiden with Elwin. I will be buying it if that's the case.

#8421 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

How does the Dennis Nordman "exclusive" deeproot deal impact Elvira? I wonder how he can make a game for Stern with he was announced as "exclusive" to deeproot?

Maybe the playfield layout and toys are already done so his work is done?

#8422 6 years ago

Any of you good players gotten to Batusi multiball yet?

Speaking as a not-so-good player, I may never see it ...

#8423 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFun:

The opposite sex would agree with you on Carrot Top and Pauly Shore, but when it comes to Elvira, most would like the theme.
Full disclosure: I own a Scared Stiff and have observed positive reviews from women

I think it depends on age groups perhaps? I'm 40ish and cannot imagine a less appealing theme than Elvira.

Full disclosure: I owned a scared stiff and except for the theme thought it was an amazing pin.

#8424 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

not yet...How do you get to it?

#8425 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm a mediocre player as well so after I installed it last night I took the glass off just to see what happens. If you want to see what clips are used watch the very first episode of Batman, "Hi Diddle Riddle". It was pretty cool.

You reach it by battling a minor villain from season 1, 2, and 3.

#8426 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm a mediocre player as well so after I installed If you want to see what clips are used watch the very first episode of Batman, "Hi Diddle Riddle". It was pretty cool.

I figured that's where the footage was from. I was wondering what the rules were..

(Kudos for going through the work to start the mode. I'll probably just set the game to 10 balls and hope I get there)

#8427 6 years ago

I got close to Batusi multiball last night. Had 2 seasons finished...then I forgot how to hit a shot.

#8428 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I got close to Batusi multiball last night. Had 2 seasons finished...then I forgot how to hit a shot.

"then I forgot how to hit a shot" lol. I know the feeling.

Where does it track which season you've finished?

#8429 6 years ago

Where does it track which season you've finished?

The Season TV inserts right above the flippers.

#8430 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The Season TV inserts right above the flippers.

HA! I'm an idiot. I was looking all over the PF for something small to denote that. Those are huge...I guess the minor villians are meant to play a major role in the game.

Ok, second stupid question, how do you know if a villain is a season 1-3 villain?

Thanks!!

#8431 6 years ago

HA! I'm an idiot. I was looking all over the PF for something small to denote that. Those are huge...I guess the minor villians are meant to play a major role in the game.
Ok, second stupid question, how do you know if a villain is a season 1-3 villain?
Thanks!!

when you select the minor villains they're listed on the lcd under season.

#8432 6 years ago

Finally I got my van! ❤️

E6E297FE-65DB-422D-9469-1D44EC1A6226 (resized).jpegE6E297FE-65DB-422D-9469-1D44EC1A6226 (resized).jpeg

4265FA15-5799-4859-BED3-1DEC96C4C4C8 (resized).jpeg4265FA15-5799-4859-BED3-1DEC96C4C4C8 (resized).jpeg

E50C6BFA-B522-47A4-BA1B-385633FD3BA5 (resized).jpegE50C6BFA-B522-47A4-BA1B-385633FD3BA5 (resized).jpeg

E6AFBC92-B541-4865-8A1D-F39FE0C311F0 (resized).jpegE6AFBC92-B541-4865-8A1D-F39FE0C311F0 (resized).jpeg

BDE1065E-16B8-4726-BC1F-B8EB8BDA4AC5 (resized).jpegBDE1065E-16B8-4726-BC1F-B8EB8BDA4AC5 (resized).jpeg

3A70FE3A-0D02-4BE8-840E-1F0525590D9F (resized).jpeg3A70FE3A-0D02-4BE8-840E-1F0525590D9F (resized).jpeg

896FB65E-512B-43FE-8897-491D716BF536 (resized).jpeg896FB65E-512B-43FE-8897-491D716BF536 (resized).jpeg

#8433 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Finally I got my van! ❤️

Glad it finally arrived! Even though the shipping label and customs form clearly said AUSTRIA, the clerk at the post office apparently typed AUSTRALIA by mistake when entering it into his system. So it took a little detour to the other side of the globe before finally going to you.

I don't think I've seen anyone else mount the van in that location yet which is surprising since it looks pretty good there.

#8434 6 years ago

I think it depends on age groups perhaps? I'm 40ish and cannot imagine a less appealing theme than Elvira.
Full disclosure: I owned a scared stiff and except for the theme thought it was an amazing pin.

I'm 38 and l dig Elvira. I think the appeal is more taste-related than age-related. Campy horror with sexual innuendos and big jugs ticks my boxes.

P.s. planning to order a BM 66 soon

#8435 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Glad it finally arrived! Even though the shipping label and customs form clearly said AUSTRIA, the clerk at the post office apparently typed AUSTRALIA by mistake when entering it into his system. So it took a little detour to the other side of the globe before finally going to you.
I don't think I've seen anyone else mount the van in that location yet which is surprising since it looks pretty good there.

yes, i always wanted to mount it there and was surprised too that no one did it before.

now it looks like the van is driving down the „wire ramp highway“.

it also doesn‘t take the player‘s look for the bat signs at the backboard.

#8436 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I'm 38 and l dig Elvira. I think the appeal is more taste-related than age-related. Campy horror with sexual innuendos and big jugs ticks my boxes.
P.s. planning to order a BM 66 soon

Yeah thats fair. I love campy horror and boobs but elvira doesn't do it for me. I've never been a fan of skin stretched over inanimate/man made objects so maybe thats part of it...Perhaps its because I was more in the USA Up all night camp...Dunno

#8437 6 years ago

2nd game on .87 and it rebooted during 3 ball lock multi-ball. I had played villan escape first then got the multi ball last. Would have been a great score too

#8438 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

2nd game on .87 and it rebooted during 3 ball lock multi-ball. I had played villan escape first then got the multi ball last. Would have been a great score too

Weird...I was there last night, and she played right through....bummer.....

#8439 6 years ago

Thanks to an awesome Pinsider I finally have some Batgirl prominently displayed!!

IMAG0765 (resized).jpgIMAG0765 (resized).jpg

#8440 6 years ago

Doc,

I have finally come to peace where your awesome van will live on my machine. Slight tweaks just using wire, it will faithfully guard the left outlane....

bm1 (resized).jpgbm1 (resized).jpg

bm2 (resized).jpgbm2 (resized).jpg

bm3 (resized).jpgbm3 (resized).jpg

bm4 (resized).jpgbm4 (resized).jpg

#8441 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Doc,
I have finally come to peace where your awesome van will live on my machine. Slight tweaks just using wire, it will faithfully guard the left outlane....

I still haven't figured out where my van is going to go, but this was my first thought and it still seems like the best spot.

I'd like to put a number of vehicles on the playfield and a Catwoman with lighted jewel mod by the right ramp, but not sure I can fit a Batmobile, Bat Boat, Batcopter and Batgirl Cycle along with the Parachute Pickup van. But since the only vehicle with its's own mode is the van, I have to place that one first.

#8442 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But since the only vehicle with its's own mode is the van, I have to place that one first.

Yes, you must!!!

#8443 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Thanks to an awesome Pinsider I finally have some Batgirl prominently displayed!!

The LE translite is my favorite of the three. Congrats!

#8444 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I don't understand,I see this game is a pre so what is up with the translight

#8445 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I don't understand,I see this game is a pre so what is up with the translight

There is nothing wrong with the translite, the game is a Premium with an LE translite swapped in.

I have been wondering for a while how much it would cost to produce a genuine backglass using the LE translite, that would look awesome!

#8446 6 years ago

No problems for me with the new code. Played some games. There is definitely way more game here now than I am able to play in a single game. I do like that any game I have the choice of: any of the major villains, play any minor villain in any order. So over multiple games you can kind of scratch the surface everywhere.

I don't think I'm good enough to get to a Batusi, or it won't happen very often. same goes for Villain Escape, really.

I like that Shame is an easy multiball. THat's basically a gimme. The main multiball is achievable also in most games.

And then there's the whole dynamic of working the Gordon shot to build multipliers, but I'll leave that to the top competition players to worry about.

#8447 6 years ago

Last night, I got 2 seasons completed. Start King Tut season 3 with the Mr. Freeze timers on.

I had King Tut with frozen timers, I had playfield 3X frozen as well.

I hit all of the lit Tut shots...but I didn't have him completed. Is there a shot I need to look for, like the bat computer or something like that? I really thought I was going to get the Batusi multi-ball last night.

#8448 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Is there a shot I need to look for, like the bat computer or something like that?

I wish those computer inserts has color changing lights, because they often become priority shots but you don't realize it.

#8449 6 years ago

sixty six.

to the pinsider thinking about blue powdercoat, I feel it will look good but doesn't seem worth it as it doesn't seem different enough from factory.
in my mind if you're going to do it, go all out and get something that really pops, brighter blue, yellow, purple, etc, just one guy's opinion.

no test games on my location bm66 with 0.87 yet. will this wknd.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8450 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I wish those computer inserts has color changing lights, because they often become priority shots but you don't realize it.

I agree. I've noticed if you light both computers during a major villain mode it lights the pile. Hit the pile for playfield multipliers. You can do this repeatedly...2x 3x etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/169?hl=grimdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.