IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 374.
#8351 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Time to get a decent multimeter. Frys has the less expensive fluke like these for less than $100 pretty often (usually $80ish):
amazon.com link »

Neither of my meters have a 100 OHM setting. They both have ranges from 200 to 2M. In fact, looking at a bunch online I dont see any with a 100 ohm setting...?

#8352 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

So every time you hit the bat phone it grabs it as intended?

Depends on the pace of the shot....A hard shot is in and out w no chance for the magnet, but many normal ones are grabbed and held. It also seems to have a mind of it's own at times...will engage when i'm in a mode and whip the ball around, unrelated to the phone. Quite sure it's not on all the time, but must be a rhyme and reason for it....

#8353 6 years ago

Didn’t the most recent TWD update change a couple of the magnets behaviours and effects? And TWD was considered done other than the Horde insert being fixed.

Look at the huge changes in the last few updates yet they have all been 0.01 increases in code revision, makes me think Lyman has a lot left he wants to do and we haven’t seen anywhere near his finished vision yet.

#8354 6 years ago

Neither of my meters have a 100 OHM setting. They both have ranges from 200 to 2M. In fact, looking at a bunch online I dont see any with a 100 ohm setting...?

I leave mine in auto-ranging unless I need a high-resolution measurement.

#8355 6 years ago

Ok so i installed my aerosmith magnet and stern is sending me one. With a magnet reading less ohms it still doesn't grab the ball very often. It makes me believe alot of it is in the code or when the magnet pulses on time and strength. The magnet runs off coil power so setting it to max pulse may help. I still believe its in code as aerosmith, metallica all have long shots where the ball gains speed, lastly the fact the magnet always seems to act wonky and between multiball where i see it do the most and normal play it varies in strength. I feel we should stress to stern as this is an important factor in the gameplay.

#8356 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

It makes me believe alot of it is in the code or when the magnet pulses on time and strength.

Yep, i believe its all in the code myself and has nothing to do with the magnet itself. Same thing happened with TWD.

Lyman will fix the batphone magnet strength issue although it doesn't really bother me. When the magnet does grab it i have to nudge it to get the ball to release some times.

#8357 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I leave mine in auto-ranging unless I need a high-resolution measurement.

Ditto....have had my trusty Fluke 79III true rms meter for years..gives me all I need to know in auto for resistance mode, plus other stuff. Will probably outlive me......

#8358 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yep, i believe its all in the code myself and has nothing to do with the magnet itself. Same thing happened with TWD.
Lyman will fix the batphone magnet strength issue although it doesn't really bother me. When the magnet does grab it i have to nudge it to get the ball to release some times.

I think it’s super annoying. It’s like having the sparky magnet or the hammer magnet only grab the ball 20% of the time.

#8359 6 years ago

I think it’s super annoying. It’s like having the sparky magnet or the hammer magnet only grab the ball 20% of the time.

It is annoying, especially when you aren't ready for the super quick kickback on the non grab.

#8360 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It is annoying, especially when you aren't ready for the super quick kickback on the non grab.

Yeah it’s that and also there are animations associated with the grab that you can’t even glance up at.

Like you said, I’m sure they’ll fix via code.

#8361 6 years ago

Code .87 is available!

V0.87.0 - Jan. 30, 2018
=======================

- Fixed an issue where the minor villain modes that had been completed
could not be played again after all had been played.
- Fixed an issue where the BOOKWORM mode would be stuck on the last shot
and would not end sometimes.
- Added "BATUSI" multiball mode for completing one TV mode from SEASON 1,
one TV mode from SEASON 2, and one TV mode from SEASON 3.
- Implemented "MINOR VILLAIN AWARDS PERSIST UNTIL END OF GAME" for
completing the BOOKWORM mode.
- Implemented "ALLOW REPLAY FAILED MODES" and "ALLOW REPLAY ANY MODES"
for completing the MAD HATTER modes.
- Frozen timers for completing the MR. FREEZE mode were lasting until
the end of the game (always). This has been corrected.
- Misc. tweaks and volume adjustments to sounds and music.
- The MULTIBALL award from MYSTERY is not allowed when VILLAIN ESCAPE or
BATUSI modes are ready to start.
- Sequenced BATUSI with VILLAIN ESCAPE so they can both run at the same
time.
- Added a mode for KING TUT (Episode #117).
- Fixed a problem where if the adjustment "SHOT MULT. CARRY BALL/BALL"
was set, the shots would not be initialized correctly and shooting a
shot would often result in a 0 (zero) score.

#8362 6 years ago

Batusi multiball!!! AWESOME!!!

#8363 6 years ago

And st

Quoted from thundergod76:Batusi multiball!!! AWESOME!!!

And still only an increment of .1
Can only imagine what lyman has in store to get to 1.0.

#8364 6 years ago

It looking like this is going to be Lyman's masterpiece .87 and still. Long way to go

#8365 6 years ago

So, does that mean we can play season 3 now?

#8366 6 years ago

Way to go Stern! Thank you Lyman!

Looks like approx 2 weeks per release is now a reality for Batman66 since last years expo.

0.80 - 2 weeks after expo Oct 27, 2017
0.81 - 2 weeks later on Nov 7, 2017
0.83 - 2 weeks later on Nov 21, 2017
0.84 - 2 weeks later on Dec 6, 2017
0.85 - 4 weeks later on Jan 4, 2018 (don't forget there was xmas and new years holidays)
0.86 - 2 weeks later Jan 16, 2018
0.87 - 2 weeks later on Jan 31, 2018

#8367 6 years ago

Wow. And I haven't even had a chance to get .86 in there.

#8368 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Look at the huge changes in the last few updates yet they have all been 0.01 increases in code revision, makes me think Lyman has a lot left he wants to do and we haven’t seen anywhere near his finished vision yet.

Not often I am right but it looks like my gut feeling is on track.

Another 0.01 update - Batusi multiball, new episode added to King Tut, plus tonnes of other tweaks to minor villains and I love the fact Lyman is allowing Villain Escape and Batusi to be stacked and run together!

V1.00 is going to be a masterpiece in awesomeness

#8369 6 years ago

It was pretty grim around here going into Expo. Glad things have tipped over for this title.

I feel for the folks at Stern. Sometimes it must be hard to have to eat the online criticisms when internally they know what their plans are, what the holdups are, and what they can and can't state publicly.

I was told from the beginning by Lyman that he was promised he gets to finish the game to his satisfaction. There really was never a time frame for it. So in the end, it looks like what the original plan was will be completed.

#8370 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It was pretty grim around here just a few months back. Glad things have tipped over for this title.

You aren't kidding......Summer of '17 was grim!!!

Loving the frequency of the updates as well as their .01 adjustment level.
Plenty of room yet for more awesome. At some point they do need to get in there and flesh out a lot of the missing sound bites for deeper clips.
Much thanks to Lyman and team.

#8371 6 years ago

I'm still not clear what it takes to light all 3 season TV inserts. Does defeat of ANY minor villain light a season? Or will only certain minor villains light a season insert?

#8372 6 years ago

If all Kapow games are allowed to get the code that Batman is getting...then I’ll be buying every Kapow game going forward.

#8373 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I'm still not clear what it takes to light all 3 season TV inserts. Does defeat of ANY minor villain light a season? Or will only certain minor villains light a season insert?

Season 1 minor villains light the season 1 light if defeated etc.

#8374 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Way to go Stern! Thank you Lyman!
Looks like approx 2 weeks per release is now a reality for Batman66 since last years expo.
0.80 - 2 weeks after expo Oct 27, 2017
0.81 - 2 weeks later on Nov 7, 2017
0.83 - 2 weeks later on Nov 21, 2017
0.84 - 2 weeks later on Dec 6, 2017
0.85 - 4 weeks later on Jan 4, 2018 (don't forget there was xmas and new years holidays)
0.86 - 2 weeks later Jan 16, 2018
0.87 - 2 weeks later on Jan 31, 2018

A graph would have been better

#8375 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

If all Kapow games are allowed to get the code that Batman is getting...then I’ll be buying every Kapow game going forward.

Some of the BM66's sold for 2x the price of a regular stern Pro didnt they? At those prices, they better have their shit together when it comes to everything...Including code.

#8376 6 years ago

Anyone able to upload the new code tonight and report how Batusi is and how the additional episode added to King Tut mode works??

#8377 6 years ago

Some of the BM66's sold for 2x the price of a regular stern Pro didnt they? At those prices, they better have their shit together when it comes to everything...Including code.

Yes, it's on Stern to deliver on the value, and if they don't, then sales will suffer.

#8378 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone able to upload the new code tonight and report how Batusi is and how the additional episode added to King Tut mode works??

I should get it in...hoping to play it a bit tonight, but not sure how long....

#8379 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I should get it in...hoping to play it a bit tonight, but not sure how long....

I'd be surprised. Average download time for me on 2 different computers is 9-12 hours!!

#8380 6 years ago

I'd be surprised. Average download time for me on 2 different computers is 9-12 hours!!

Just downloaded it here (Belgium) in 25 minutes.

#8381 6 years ago

Why are download times seemingly inversely related to how impatient you are for them to finish?

#8382 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why are download times seemingly inversely related to how impatient you are for them to finish?

Lol!!! My download speeded up quite a bit. Should be done in less than an hour.

#8383 6 years ago

Just started my download it says 1 hour 52 minutes to go.
Must be a lot of people downloading now.

Nice to also see they are still sending out the Commissioner Gordon emails to let you know new code is available.

#8384 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just started my download it says 1 hour 52 minutes to go.
Must be a lot of people downloading now.
Nice to also see they are still sending out the Commissioner Gordon emails to let you know new code is available.

You should check your internet routing. It sounds like there's some issue. I just started one and it estimated 20 minutes and is 10% done already on a 100mbps line.

#8385 6 years ago

Downloaded, unzipped, loaded in machine - approx. 45 minutes, start to finish....4 files this time, but still pretty straight forward.

Been playing the hell out of it...I'm just not very good.....did get to Season 2 of Tutt...all new callouts and clips, suspect related to season I would guess...drained before completing it. Had a great game where I made it all the way through major villains, Villian escape, then a long multiball.....have no idea how to get to Batusi......this thing is officially unreal and beyond my skill level as is.....great, great game!!!!!

#8386 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Downloaded, unzipped, loaded in machine - approx. 45 minutes, start to finish

Seems about the same for me. Always downloads pretty quickly.

#8387 6 years ago

Got to play the new Season 3 Tut mode a few times - it's the episode where he discovers the Bat Cave - not really sure what the shots/rules are - I was too busy trying to watch the video. I didn't get to Batusi mode so no idea what that's like.

A couple of the sound level problems are gone, but there may be a new problem with Riddler mode. Or it may be a variation on the "no continue option" bug; will have to play more to figure it out.

I wanted to take a picture of the minor villian selection mode, but I think the default selection time has been shortened considerably- I think it's about 5 seconds now. Hopefully there is an adjustment for that.

Looks like another solid .01 update that not only adds key game play, but knocks out some bugs and adds polish. Lyman is on his way to a masterpiece and the early doubters that sold SLE/LEs early are certainly going to regret their decision.

I am *really* glad I ran a USB extension cable from the CPU to the coin door ...

One thing I hadn't noticed before - it looks like when you have a minor villian mode running and switch channels the minor villian shows up as static when moved to a little screen (or it's a bug in Bookworm mode).

#8388 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looks like another solid .01 update that not only adds key game play, but knocks out some bugs and adds polish. Lyman is on his way to a masterpiece and the early doubters that sold SLE/LEs early are certainly going to regret their decision

I'm not convinced that many changed hands, as there just weren't that many made (LE's, SLE's).....but MAN, the hate for this title has to have alot of crow on the table right now. We were called everything in the book for staying with this, and I'm very glad I did. Best surprise grail for me in my pinball life.....

This will be a solid earner, and desirable title from here on out (suspect premium sales are rising as we speak)....is what it is....freakin' BATMAN!!!!

#8389 6 years ago

My thoughts on the new code:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAL6AAAAJDhhYjViNjg4LWNlYTAtNGQ0Yi1hMjgxLTdhODNlMGZiODZlMg (resized).jpgAAEAAQAAAAAAAAL6AAAAJDhhYjViNjg4LWNlYTAtNGQ0Yi1hMjgxLTdhODNlMGZiODZlMg (resized).jpg

#8390 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm not convinced that many changed hands, as there just weren't that many made (LE's, SLE's)....

I know of one weekend recently when 3 SLEs and an LE changed hands. That's 6% of the domestic SLEs changing hands in just a single weekend. They're moving around.

#8391 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I know of one weekend recently when 3 SLEs and an LE changed hands. That's 6% of the domestic SLEs changing hands in just a single weekend. They're moving around.

Changing hands is better than sitting and not selling.

#8392 6 years ago

Do I understand it correct: In the minor villain choice screen, is king tut now available two times (once in season 1 and once in season 3?)

Love the addition of batusi multiball, so funny to watch the batusi moves, curious to know how it looks in the game!

#8393 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Do I understand it correct: In the minor villain choice screen, is king tut now available two times (once in season 1 and once in season 3?)
Love the addition of batusi multiball, so funny to watch the batusi moves, curious to know how it looks in the game!

Yes there is a second King Tut mode. it's on the right side of the screen. When you complete this mode you light the season 3 insert.
There is room for a lot more minor vilain modes because there are a lot of empty spots in the selection screen...!!!

#8394 6 years ago

Im getting ready to powdercoat my batman 66. Highly considering doing a deep dark blue like adam west costume in the series. I got the cape siderails and laser cut hinges. What do you guys think

20180131_200938 (resized).jpg20180131_200938 (resized).jpg

#8395 6 years ago

I think it looks great in black, but hey it's your game! Enjoy

#8396 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Changing hands is better than sitting and not selling.

True...I guess I was referring to pure #'s....the LE's and SLE's wont sit, period. Doubtful that instance is any sort of metric of true trending action.

#8397 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Yes there is a second King Tut mode. it's on the right side of the screen. When you complete this mode you light the season 3 insert.
There is room for a lot more minor vilain modes because there are a lot of empty spots in the selection screen...!!!

It looks like lyman is filling in the minor villain choices in the seasons they were actually in the show. Then using the episode clips from the season.

For example season 1 Tut is the season 1 episode "The Curse of Tut" an season 3 Tut is the season 3 episode "I'll be a Mummys Uncle". Tut was in all 3 seasons so the season 2 Tut choice will probably be "The Spell of Tut" or "Tuts Waterloo".

If he does end up doing it that way it will be great since the minor villains will have unique clips for each season and each episode.

#8398 6 years ago

With each update I'm amazed at how much more content is being added. There's SO much to do in this game. I don't see how anyone could get bored or beat this game quickly and be done with it. This game is fast becoming the best damn machine geared for home users Stern's built to date!

#8399 6 years ago

so the rumors lately is no Elvira this year. Do you think that is because Lyman is still finishing BM66, and then he needs a good chuck of time for Elvira, so they don't repeat the same mistake? Would make sense to me. Would also set up Elvira for an awesome launch, if later than expected.

#8400 6 years ago

What are people experiencing for average game times?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.