IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 374.
#8301 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Here are pics of the Cliffy set

Thanks for posting up pics of the cliffy's it really helped along with @extendo.
I used to have the BTDK penguin scoop cliffy installed and it had quite a few rejects but the new BM66 one is great, hardly any.

#8302 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

I recently purchased a BM66 and the production date was December 20, 2017.

That's interesting. I guess Stern opened up the production line for a run of the game in anticipation of the most recent couple of code updates sparking more sales. I figured there were still games collecting dust in distributors stock from last Summer, thanks to the great BM66 code quagmire of course. Maybe the game is already selling a little better than some of us thought.

#8303 6 years ago

Just installed pinstadium lighting.

Really cool mod.

Anybody hook flasher up other than pops?

#8304 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really cool mod.

Im gonna install mine tonight and start multiball and see what flashers go off when you hit jackpots so that it flows with the pow sounds etc

#8305 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Im gonna install mine tonight and start multiball and see what flashers go off when you hit jackpots so that it flows with the pow sounds etc

Quoted from iceman44:

Really cool mod.

Keep me posted and let me know which flasher you guys think are best. There are a lot getting them for BM66 and I’m curious as to what your opinions are to the optimal location for the trigger for the UV+Glow flasher. Circle back to me the on the Pin Stadium thread once you form an opinion. Thanks it will be helpful for me to be able to recommend a good spot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/28#post-4198729

#8306 6 years ago

Let me know what you do with it!

The pow sound flasher would be great

Will do Scott!

#8307 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Let me know what you do with it!
The pow sound flasher would be great
Will do Scott!

Just as a guide. I tried almost every flasher on the game. The only one that used the UV flasher consistently but Not overly was the one in the pops. Just enough flash without having to activate a mode to use it. Looks Awesome!! I did a write up on how, where, result, and pics in this thread if you want a reference. I believe (?) doc used the same flasher. Good luck.

#8308 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just as a guide. I tried almost every flasher on the game. The only one that used the UV flasher consistently but Not overly was the one in the pops. Just enough flash without having to activate a mode to use it. Looks Awesome!! I did a write up on how, where, result, and pics in this thread if you want a reference. I believe (?) doc used the same flasher. Good luck.

Thanks Yelo, that's where mine is at now too. So i'll keep it and just enjoy tweaking the colors! Awesome mod by Scott.

#8309 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks Yelo, that's where mine is at now too. So i'll keep it and just enjoy tweaking the colors! Awesome mod by Scott.

Love mine personally. As I do mod allot... I admit I do hate taking them off but what they do is Awesome accenting this beautiful playfield. I played several games then turned them off to see if it would matter and no chance. I also enjoy turning them on and off while my wife plays. (If she happens to be winning anyway.lol)

#8310 6 years ago

We have a Bat owner that needs some assistance from fellow Bat fans.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-b66-a-keeper

#8311 6 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the cards they used on the apron? Id like to change mine

#8312 6 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the cards they used on the apron? Id like to change mine

They're the 66 Topps reissued trading cards. You can find them easily on eBay.

ebay.com link: itm

#8313 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Holy crazy scoring Batman. Is there any point to doing anything other than penguin all day for scoring? I got to the point where the gadget targets were 200-300 million a pop.

Doesn’t the game cycle through main villains? How do you start penguin each time?

#8314 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Doesn’t the game cycle through main villains? How do you start penguin each time?

You pick the villain you want to play by making the shots to start that villain.

#8315 6 years ago

Hit the scoop until the batphone starts ringing. Hit batphone. The other thing is you can keep playing penguin even after to capture him.

#8316 6 years ago

Pinstadiums are a must. Set with blue 100% white 68%. It gets brighter

20180128_174737 (resized).jpg20180128_174737 (resized).jpg

#8317 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hit the scoop until the batphone starts ringing. Hit batphone. The other thing is you can keep playing penguin even after to capture him.

If you play like I do, you'll have to fight off Penguin from starting sometimes. I try to start with Catwoman and/or Riddler early in my games, but the ball falls into the scoop (Penguin's territory) regularly, so you'll get more than your share of Penguin. Of course, Penguin is also the big points.

#8318 6 years ago

Pinstadiums are a must. Set with blue 100% white 68%. It gets brighter

You should be careful with blue light. It can damage retinas permanently with something that looks like macular degeneration.

#8319 6 years ago

Fellow bats, I have seen someone here that posted how to fix the bat turntable when the ball doesn't register a hit when hitting the standup inside the bat turntable, guessing placing a thicker sponge on the back of it fixes it ?

2 balls come out at times in the shooter lane, reset through ball connectors can anyone please suggest something that can fix it once and for all ?

#8320 6 years ago

If all goes well.. i'll be joining soon.

#8321 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

2 balls come out at times in the shooter lane, reset through ball connectors can anyone please suggest something that can fix it once and for all ?

This sounds similar to RandomKG's problem. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/166#post-4196198

#8323 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Thanks I honestly thought it was random lol. I played last night and finally broke 1B with 3 balls. I'm a terrible player but that made a huge difference. Beat penguin and hit shame multiball along with two regular multiballs.

Question...When you get the option to take the points or keep playing, I assume if you take points then you havent 'beaten' the villain right?

#8324 6 years ago

Thanks I honestly thought it was random lol. I played last night and finally broke 1B with 3 balls. I'm a terrible player but that made a huge difference. Beat penguin and hit shame multiball along with two regular multiballs.
Question...When you get the option to take the points or keep playing, I assume if you take points then you havent 'beaten' the villain right?

Right. You haven’t beaten them until they’re in jail.

#8325 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Wait...when I take the points the Villain goes to jail and the corresponding insert lights.

#8326 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Pretty sure this is not correct.

#8327 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Hahaha I’ve been wrong before and probably will be again.

#8328 6 years ago

I believe so. but if you get all the way through the final stage and take the points, I think you can go back into penguin mode and start over. Not completely sure.

#8329 6 years ago

Factory default settings you can replay major villains after capturing them. There is an adjustment to lock them out once captured where they stay captured and cannot be restarted until all the others are completed as well.

If you so choose

#8330 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

just tried it. If you take the points at the first opportunity it still locks up the villain. Points take a nosedive though. Guess it depends on how confident you are that you can lock up all of them. What happens then? Wizard mode?

#8331 6 years ago

Complete all 4 major villans, to start wizard mode shoot left orbit then a 30 second countdown timer starts, wait for that to finish.

Wizard mode starts with is all 4 of the major villains going off at once.

When you finished wizard mode you start it all over again. Expect minor villans as they are all greyed out and cannot proceed no more.

#8332 6 years ago

Yes, Villain Escape!

#8333 6 years ago

So update. My magnet worked but was rather weak and rarely diverted the ball or grabbed it when answering bat phone. Putting a meter on the coil for the magnet it red 5.3 ohms. Normal magnet is around 2 or 3. So my magnet was at half power. Getting a new magnet and ill keep you updated. Hope this helps people

#8334 6 years ago

just tried it. If you take the points at the first opportunity it still locks up the villain. Points take a nosedive though. Guess it depends on how confident you are that you can lock up all of them. What happens then? Wizard mode?

That's the beauty of this game. So many ways to play it!

I don't even see much of a point of going to Villain Escape MB right now after doing it several times on previous code.

Sometimes I'll pick a villain and just have fun playing all the way through, racking up big points that way, other times I'll lock the first two villains and take the points right away to get that MB, mainly because its the coolest MB award video EVER!!!

Typical Lyman. An awesome journey with multiple paths.

#8335 6 years ago

So update. My magnet worked but was rather weak and rarely diverted the ball or grabbed it when answering bat phone. Putting a meter on the coil for the magnet it red 5.3 ohms. Normal magnet is around 2 or 3. So my magnet was at half power. Getting a new magnet and ill keep you updated. Hope this helps people

Interesting. Could you elaborate on how to test it? Mine only grab the ball maybe 20% if the time.

#8336 6 years ago

My magnet does the same thing on Batphone but grabs and throws the crap out of it on certain modes/mb

#8337 6 years ago

Interesting. Could you elaborate on how to test it? Mine only grab the ball maybe 20% if the time.

Lift play field and disconnect the magnet. On the magnet side put your leads on your meter on the two points. Set your meter to ohms, Lowest scale. Should read around or under 3 ohms

#8338 6 years ago

Lift play field and disconnect the magnet. On the magnet side put your leads on your meter on the two points. Set your meter to ohms, Lowest scale. Should read around or under 3 ohms

hmmm..have me curious now too (my magnet works great, btw)......is the <3 ohms resistance a spec that is called out somewhere in the manual, or an accepted standard of sorts?

I've never actually measured any of mine.....would guess there is an associated impedance level, as well?

#8339 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

hmmm..have me curious now too (my magnet works great, btw)......is the <3 ohms resistance a spec that is called out somewhere in the manual, or an accepted standard of sorts?
I've never actually measured any of mine.....would guess there is an associated impedance level, as well?

Per stern the magnet should read under 3 ohms. I rung out the magnet on my aerosmith and it read 2 something ohms

#8340 6 years ago

Per stern the magnet should read under 3 ohms. I rung out the magnet on my aerosmith and it read 2 something ohms

Got it..great info!!!! I'll have to put a meter on mine now....

#8341 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

(my magnet works great, btw)

So every time you hit the bat phone it grabs it as intended?

#8342 6 years ago

I haven't done this myself, but I wonder if someone feels like pulling their glass and testing the magnet for each villain to see if the ball doesn't rebound too quickly, whether the behavior is to grab the ball every single time.

Mine catches the ball sometimes, sometimes it doesn't, but I always thought that was just a case where the ball ricocheted too quickly, and out of reach of the magnet.

#8343 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I haven't done this myself, but I wonder if someone feels like pulling their glass and testing the magnet for each villain to see if the ball doesn't rebound too quickly, whether the behavior is to grab the ball every single time.
Mine catches the ball sometimes, sometimes it doesn't, but I always thought that was just a case where the ball ricocheted too quickly, and out of reach of the magnet.

I thought about that too but metallica, aerosmith etc have long shots as well. I feel like it hurts gameplay with the magnet not doing its job. Sometimes i get a lightning rebound that throws it down the middle

#8344 6 years ago

I will put aerosmiths magent in bm66 and report back

#8345 6 years ago

Are there any settings to reduce flipper power on this other than the coils: soft setting? Even with pitch that ball is flyyyyyyyying.

#8346 6 years ago

My cheapo multi read 009...Is that 9 Ohms? or is it almost 1 ohm? Any idea?

#8347 6 years ago

My cheapo multi read 009...Is that 9 Ohms? or is it almost 1 ohm? Any idea?

What scale are you on? If your on 100 ohm sale it's 9 ohms. Touch the leads togeather and it should read 001 or 000

#8348 6 years ago

Anybody else seen 00 on display when answering the bat phone with version .86 code? When I had the old code on it it showed my score when answering the bat phone but now it always just displays 00.

#8349 6 years ago

What scale are you on? If your on 100 ohm sale it's 9 ohms. Touch the leads togeather and it should read 001 or 000

ok, I set it to 200 (no 100 on mine) and it reads .065 which I assume is 6.5....

#8350 6 years ago

ok, I set it to 200 (no 100 on mine) and it reads .065 which I assume is 6.5....

Time to get a decent multimeter. Frys has the less expensive fluke like these for less than $100 pretty often (usually $80ish):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QRQHLVC

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,684 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/167 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.