IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 374.
#8251 6 years ago

It if was my machine I would play it on 3 balls with extra's (max 2) enabled.

#8252 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thank you #Doc. I do hope it’s not major but I’ll give your direction a try. Umphh. At least it is still playable for what that’s worth. I will update all on what happens for public record.

Here's a pic of old vs new LCD. Maybe the addition of the nylon washers was enough of a change to bump the revision from A to B. I'm assuming current machines use the B rev.

lcd_old_vs_new (resized).jpglcd_old_vs_new (resized).jpg

#8253 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Why would you not want extra balls that you earned?

Makes you play better. Well that’s the plan at least.

#8254 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here's a pic of old vs new LCD. Maybe the addition of the nylon washers was enough of a change to bump the revision from A to B. I'm assuming current machines use the B rev.

The screened board revision didn't change, but they may have changed the programming on one of the chips, which wouldn't affect the screened number, but would change the board revision overall. Metallica magnet boards were like that.

#8255 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The screened board revision didn't change, but they may have changed the programming on one of the chips, which wouldn't affect the screened number, but would change the board revision overall. Metallica magnet boards were like that.

Perhaps they disabled the "random board destruct during code update" parameter.

#8256 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Perhaps they disabled the "random board destruct during code update" parameter.

While we're talking about that screen....has anyone taken a ball hit or 2 up there? I have, and actually tried to clean it once, causing very slight scratching...any thoughts?

#8257 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

While we're talking about that screen....has anyone taken a ball hit or 2 up there? I have, and actually tried to clean it once, causing very slight scratching...any thoughts?

Don't hit any balls up there....

#8258 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don't hit any balls up there....

And a wise man you are......

#8259 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

In all seriousness, I'm worried about that too. Thinking of buying a spare LCD screen assembly for backup.

#8260 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

In all seriousness, I'm worried about that too. Thinking of buying a spare LCD screen assembly for backup.

I'm with you.....guess I'll call Chas to find out how much a replacement is......the ball hits only made minor marks, but it sure is low enough to be in the line of fire for deflected airballs. /very grateful the ramp wraps around tight to guard most direct shots....

#8261 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Any thoughts as to why there are 2 Ethernet jacks on the board?

#8262 6 years ago

Ok, while still no luck with my nod 24 issue (email off to Chas at Stern) after checking Every plug from top to bottom and no luck. There have been a few posts about the mini TV screen scratches, how to clean, replacements etc I thought I could answer with my tear down research on Node board 24... No need in my opinion to buy spare TV's. Access to remove the front plastic is Very simple with 2 screws holding the TV mount, and 3 securing the board to hold the screen in. After removing the screws the screen in question is a simply clear playfield type plastic. Remove it and polish it up with some Novus 1 or your favorite solution of choice. All very simple as the TV comes off completely with one cat 5 plug so you can sit at your table and work on it. Buff it out and assembly doesn't take more than 5 minutes with a single Philips screw drive. Hope this helps.

IMG_0316 (resized).jpgIMG_0316 (resized).jpg

#8263 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok, while still no luck with my nod 24 issue (email off to Chas at Stern) after checking Every plug from top to bottom and no luck. There have been a few posts about the mini TV screen scratches, how to clean, replacements etc I thought I could answer with my tear down research on Node board 24... No need in my opinion to buy spare TV's. Access to remove the front plastic is Very simple with 2 screws holding the TV mount, and 3 securing the board to hold the screen in. After removing the screws the screen in question is a simply clear playfield type plastic. Remove it and polish it up with some Novus 1 or your favorite solution of choice. All very simple as the TV comes off completely with one cat 5 plug so you can sit at your table and work on it. Buff it out and assembly doesn't take more than 5 minutes with a single Philips screw drive. Hope this helps.

That is very helpful Dave...Ive taken it off ( obviously) but not apart to this point. It looked like there was no plastic in front of the actual screen surface, hence my concerns.
I will dismantle and buff mine out tonight...thanks...mark

#8264 6 years ago

dumb question but do the small numbers on the gadget targets represent?

#8265 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

dumb question but do the small numbers on the gadget targets represent?

I think those are the plastic or decal number for each item in the set.
You'll see those numbers on a lot of stern decals and plastics.

#8266 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

My replacement LCD came as an assembly with it already mounted in the TV case. So it doesn't matter if your your current plastic shield or TV case is beat up since it will be replaced when you get the new LCD.

#8267 6 years ago

Update for anyone interested. My "Node 24 not found" is apparently not a plug issue? Chas (love that Stern service!) is sending me a new TV or board (?) and said they had issues with that board. Sooo, luckily the game still works just no little TV which isn't the end of the world for now. My Star Wars Premium is coming today to hold me over until the bat cave is remodeled with a new TV. lol

#8268 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Update for anyone interested. My "Node 24 not found" is apparently not a plug issue? Chas (love that Stern service!) is sending me a new TV or board (?) and said they had issues with that board. Sooo, luckily the game still works just no little TV which isn't the end of the world for now. My Star Wars Premium is coming today to hold me over until the bat cave is remodeled with a new TV. lol

Thank you for logging this.

#8269 6 years ago

While I like the updated code, one member said scoring seems more balanced while another says, ‘if you want points it’s still shoot Penguin all day, not the crane’. Any consensus on which statement is more accurate?

I’m fine with Penguin big points but it’s supposed to be for actually Hitting the crane toy (best toy in pinball) Not for avouding it! So far TDK is way better in this department, unfortunately. Still time though.

#8270 6 years ago

In regards to the crane, I'm hoping the continuous left to right sweeping occurs in a further update similar to how it occurs in BTDK.
That would make it more fun as well.

#8271 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

In regards to the crane, I'm hoping the continuous left to right sweeping occurs in a further update similar to how it occurs in BTDK.
That would make it more fun as well.

Would be great for a separate mode, but I'm happy with how Penguin is at the moment. The idea of having to hit it then avoid it for a few shots is good fun and ads variety. But definitely needs some other modes to use the crane in other ways.

Somehow I think if us hacks have thought of it Lyman is already there. #InLymanWeTrust.

#8272 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Somehow I think if us hacks have thought of it Lyman is already there. #InLymanWeTrust.

A virtual guarantee.

#8273 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Played 0.86. Holy Batman this machine is incredible! 5 balls + 1 extra (hard lock settings, no stacking)
Scoring looks more balanced now .
Lighted season 1 insert (competed king tut) and season 2 insert (I believe I completed Shame). Also played supervillain with the superjackpot. 40 combos
Was trying to go for something season 3 but had to complete the remaining ones first in season 1 and season 2.

Yep season 1 is lighted when king tut completed. I did it too (so I am sure of that!)
Can so explain me what is the story of season 1,2,3? I do not know this show, and i don’t really understand why when you finish a specific minor villain mode you light these inserts. So Why 3 of them would not light anything when completed?

#8274 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Yep season 1 is lighted when king tut completed. I did it too (so I am sure of that!)
Can so explain me what is the story of season 1,2,3? I do not know this show, and i don’t really understand why when you finish a specific minor villain mode you light these inserts. So Why 3 of them would not light anything when completed?

There were 3 seasons total during the show's run. My guess is one minor villain in particular will be assigned to each season. When all 3 seasons are lit you'll get another wizard mode similar to Villain Escape. Just my guess though. Lyman may have something completely different in mind.

#8275 6 years ago

Colonel Caverne... We'll have to wait and see what will follow in the next updates

#8276 6 years ago

There were 3 seasons total during the show's run. My guess is one minor villain in particular will be assigned to each season. When all 3 seasons are lit you'll get another wizard mode similar to Villain Escape. Just my guess though. Lyman may have something completely different in mind.

If Lyman codes the seasons and tv targets like Bloodbath in the walking dead that would be awesome!

That mode could be the Batgirl mode!?

Set it up like an episode where batman and robin are in a villians trap and the aim of the mode is to get Batgirl to them and save the day, gives us a chance to play as Batgirl which would be nice fan fare for completing the seasons/tv targets.

#8277 6 years ago

My guess is one minor villain in particular will be assigned to each season.

could be funny it is random!

#8278 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As an add....pulled my TV apart last night.....scratches were on the plastic (no big deal), but the ball strikes were on the screen itself, as well. Troublesome, and something to think about moving forward. Hard to see when the monitor is lit, but with game off, quite apparent (or when the display is on your bench).

The ramp obviously protects against a direct ball strike, however, these must have been caused on deflections when you hit the targets, or other random air ball activity up there....yikes!!!

#8279 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

...but the ball strikes were on the screen itself, as well. Troublesome, and something to think about moving forward.

We are playing a game with a TV set on the actual playfield, after all. I expect ball strikes on everything! The bigger question is what the longer term impact to the screen will be over time.

#8280 6 years ago

23cmca (resized).jpg23cmca (resized).jpg

#8281 6 years ago

Think of SW owners. They have nothing shielding those LCD screens.

#8282 6 years ago

The ball hitting the LCD on SW is the interactive toy

#8283 6 years ago

Did someone say shield?

batshield (resized).jpgbatshield (resized).jpg

#8284 6 years ago

And nothing sheilding those cheap zizzle-esque plastic ramps either!

#8285 6 years ago

Batman club. Not a SW hate club. SW is also a great game. A must have game. I have had and played a handful of SW machines already and never seen a ball hit the screen, not once...

I finally got my trough boards and will be able to hopefully fix and install 0.86 for a few games before putting back into the wild. Very much looking forward to it

#8286 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Batman club. Not a SW hate club. SW is also a great game. A must have game. I have had and played a handful of SW machines already and never seen a ball hit the screen, not once...
I finally got my trough boards and will be able to hopefully fix and install 0.86 for a few games before putting back into the wild. Very much looking forward to it

I don’t hate SW but was certainly shocked when I finally played it. Not a pin I’d ever buy. I’m sure it does well on location. Nice looking.

#8287 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

We are playing a game with a TV set on the actual playfield, after all. I expect ball strikes on everything! The bigger question is what the longer term impact to the screen will be over time.

This is correct on all counts..I expect the ball hits...just hoping it doesn't destroy the screen over time....I've had mine a year and change...still displays great after the hits...merely bringing it up....

#8288 6 years ago

If you ever get double ball trough ejects, it’s your trough board(s). Mine started bad from factory and finally went out after 6-7 mos of mixed home casual play and location play. I got it replaced and working awesome now. I can’t wait to play this on 1.0+. Gonna be epic. Just played one test game locked in with 2B and 78 combos on .84 code.

This is the only game I don’t hit both flippers to shorten animations. The cheesiness literally never gets old. Stellar already and worth all the waiting.

#8289 6 years ago

I must say, I'm a bit shocked that these don't come up for sale in the community.

Every other game always has people selling, but not this one.

Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

#8290 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I must say, I'm a bit shocked that these don't come up for sale in the community.
Every other game always has people selling, but not this one.
Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

The secondary sales market for Batman is actually playing out like I expected.

Resales were going to be comparatively low no matter what because sales were low. There are a number of reasons for that:

1) SLEs. Even though the number of SLEs jumped from 30 to 80, they can not be considered a "normal" game for the secondary market. Demand was higher than expected and most who bought SLEs did so intending to keep the game long term.

2) LEs - Unlike other Stern LEs, the Batman LEs are actually limited (240). It has Stern's best topper ever and many consider it to have the best art package. If you sell an LE and later decide you want the game back, it's going to be tough. That certainly makes some of those who might consider selling take pause.

3) Initial production/sales of Premiums were disappointing, if not dismal. Games sat in inventory for a long time and dealers did not reorder. And that's with many buyers giving Stern the benefit of the doubt because Lyman was doing the code!

Number 3 was impacted by the next two factors:

4) Pricing. The game was priced higher than any Stern game before it. There was no Pro model (though you could argue the Premium is the Pro). It was also the first game really impacted by the Stern crackdown on distributors discounting games so the vast majority paid list rather than street prices. Initial demand may have also been tempered by concerns that the playfield quality issues in previous games hadn't been addressed.

5) Perception of code status. The Expo reveal literally showed a box of lights. The game was very basic 6 months after reveal and didn't begin fleshing out until almost a year after. This was the height of the vireland code hysteria and where people started doubting their purchase. There were a fair number of secondary market sales during this time.

Those that didn't sell during this period were either in the (a) not likely to consider selling anyway camp or (b) willing to wait a bit longer to see how the code would turn out. As the code got better and better and we began to see the direction the game was taking, some in the (b) camp moved to (a). I suspect many of the remaining owners in (b) are now in the "I've waited this long, I'll wait to see what the 1.0 code looks like" before deciding what they are going to do.

6) People are beginning to realize that the code is getting good and that Batman may have the best audio/video integration of any LCD pin. Full rights to use footage from every episode and custom callouts from West and Ward to complement a design where the game plays through episodes of the series. Contrast that to the concerns about GOTG, SW and JJPOTC.

I think #6 means that we are going to see more demand for the game that will most likely be filled by more production runs of Premiums rather than secondary sales.

I think this is a good thing. But I'm also one that figured Batman 66 was a long term permanent addition to my collection as soon as I saw the game set up in my game room ...

#8291 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Resales were going to be comparatively low no matter what because sales were low. There are a number of reasons for that:
1) SLEs. Even though the number of SLEs jumped from 30 to 80, they can not be considered a "normal" game for the secondary market. Demand was higher than expected and most who bought SLEs did so intending to keep the game long term.
2) LEs - Unlike other Stern LEs, the Batman LEs are actually limited (240). It has Stern's best topper ever and many consider it to have the best art package. If you sell an LE and later decide you want the game back, it's going to be tough.
3) Initial production/sales of Premiums were disappointing, if not dismal. Games sat in inventory for a long time and dealers did not reorder. And that's with many buyers giving Stern the benefit of the doubt because Lyman was doing the code!
4) Pricing. The game was priced higher than any Stern game before it. There was no Pro model (though you could argue the Premium is the Pro). It was also the first game really impacted by the Stern crackdown on distributors discounting games so the vast majority paid list rather than street prices. Initial demand may have also been tempered by concerns that the playfield quality issues in previous games hadn't been addressed.
5) Perception of code status. The Expo reveal was literally a box of lights. The game was very basic 6 months after reveal and didn't begin fleshing out until almost a year after. This was the height of the vireland code hysteria and where people started doubting their purchase. There were a fair number of secondary market sales during this time.
Those that didn't sell during this period were either in the (a) not likely to consider selling anyway camp or (b) willing to wait a bit longer to see how the code would turn out. As the code got better and better and we began to see the direction the game was taking, some in the (b) camp moved to (a). I suspect many of the remaining owners in (b) are now in the "I've waited this long, I'll wait to see what the 1.0 code looks like" before deciding what they are going to do.
6) People are beginning to realize that the code is getting good and that Batman may have the best audio/video integration of any LCD pin. Full rights to use footage from every episode and custom callouts from West and Ward to complement a design where the game plays through episodes of the series. Contrast that to the concerns about GOTG, SW and JJPOTC.
I think #6 means that we are going to see more demand for the game that will most likely be filled by more production runs of Premiums rather than secondary sales.
I think this is a good thing. But I'm also one that figured Batman 66 was a long term permanent addition to my collection as soon as I saw the game set up in my game room ...

wow.

I was just thinking people will likely hold onto BM66 until code is complete and then decide if its a keeper for them. With code being continually updated as promised people arent jumping ship 'early' like they did with KISS et al.

#8292 6 years ago

Batman is a gem and so good on the video, sound and rules integration.
I hardly know batman 1966, i dislike the newer batman movies but I love this pin and seriously consider ordering a premium.

#8293 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

With code being continually updated as promised people arent jumping ship 'early' like they did with KISS et al.

The frequent updates only happened early on and in the last couple months. In between we saw the bulk of secondary sales so far. And, for most people, jumping ship 7-12 months wouldn't be considered 'early'

#8294 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

2) LEs - Unlike other Stern LEs, the Batman LEs are actually limited (240). It has Stern's best topper ever and many consider it to have the best art package. If you sell an LE and later decide you want the game back, it's going to be tough.
5) Perception of code status. The Expo reveal was literally a box of lights. The game was very basic 6 months after reveal and didn't begin fleshing out until almost a year after. This was the height of the vireland code hysteria and where people started doubting their purchase. There were a fair number of secondary market sales during this time.

Excellent post and right on point. Well done!!

#8295 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Batman is a gem and so good on the video, sound and rules integration.
I hardly know batman 1966, i dislike the newer batman movies but I love this pin and seriously consider ordering a premium.

Do it! IF Lyman stopped today on code this game would still stay bolted to the floor!

#8296 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The frequent updates only happened early on and in the last couple months. In between we saw the bulk of secondary sales so far.

Exactly. Once it became evident that Stern was actually going to do what they originally said, people stopped selling.

Quoted from jfh:

And, for most people, jumping ship 7-12 months wouldn't be considered 'early'

Early in the code development I meant. It takes stern, generally, over 2 years to complete code. 7 months in is pretty early on in that cycle.

#8297 6 years ago

Must say that I was a bit worried when I bought Bat 66 in Des. All the early "code is bad" talk and lots of talk about many mech. problems with games, along with the fact that when I order a premium (what I thought would be the same as a pro, but boy was I wrong there) it costs the same as a normal LE. That's a big risk on a game you never have played. Sure, the owners was talking about something great stirring in the bat cave, but others was still mainly quiet about it, last autumn.

I got the premium. Lo and behold, it is the best new Stern game I have bought in a long long time. I can imagine that early buyers was a bit frustrated, though.

It is a strange feeling when you buy a game that has been out for more than a year and you get code updates more frequent than on a new machine (like gotg etc) from day one.

I simply love the code where it stands today, and how it integrates with sound and pictures. It's just so damn fun to play it. The thought that there is still a bit of code to come before the infamous 1.0 milestone is reached, seems like just icing on the cake for me at this point. Groovy!

#8298 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And, for most people, jumping ship 7-12 months wouldn't be considered 'early'

Heck- for a lot of pinheads, 7-12 mos is an eternal length of time to keep a machine.

#8299 6 years ago

Holy crazy scoring Batman. Is there any point to doing anything other than penguin all day for scoring? I got to the point where the gadget targets were 200-300 million a pop.

#8300 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I recently purchased a BM66 and the production date was December 20, 2017.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/166?hl=timewellspent and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.