Topic Stats

• 14,886 posts
  • 557 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 217 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,200 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9939 (resized).jpg
20191112_182335.jpg
20191111_134000.jpg
20191112_182335 (resized).jpg
Batman NIB (resized).jpg
batman setup (resized).jpg
bm (resized).JPG
IMG_20191108_154810 (resized).jpg
IMG_4232 (resized).JPG
bitmoji-20180726020815 (resized).png
20191107_000815 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182927 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182831 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191101_182937 (resized).jpg
281E2867-5CB3-40C4-84EC-E3F303FD9D4C (resized).jpeg
DF7C65B3-A8FC-4D7E-9AC6-9D18A716E1F6 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 14886 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 298.
#8151 1 year ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Was just thinking about this the other day. My list is based on shot selections, video clips, music and sound effects. Shame and Bookworm are very close but Shame wins based on killer music. Hate to say it but Mr. Freeze is kinda boring. King Tut is such a great character played amazingly by Victor Buono. Could've easily been the 5th major villain. Here's my list starting with my most favorite:
King Tut
Egghead
Shame
Bookworm
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze

King Tut definitely #1, but think bookworm could move up....has anyone noticed the incredibly cool tut mobile in some of those clips ( hint to doc)....would really compliment the parachute van.....

#8152 1 year ago

Does Hot Wheels make anything that remotely resembles this? Lol!

kingtut_car-e1459362861214 (resized).jpg

#8153 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

Has anyone got enough time on the mini villain modes to rank order them by favorites yet?

I love Shame the best, and I heard this callout, "Don't make a move Batman, or I'll fill you full a' lead" which gave me a good laugh.

Well here's my top list:
Shame
Egghead
King Tutt
Mad hatter
Bookworm
Mr Freeze

It's all personal preference though I guess.

#8154 1 year ago

There's a white, hearse looking one in the clips...

#8155 1 year ago

Or...

2e3992e35ec57814e81f6b3ec21436b2--batman--batman-robin (resized).jpg

#8156 1 year ago

Was just thinking about this the other day. My list is based on shot selections, video clips, music and sound effects. Shame and Bookworm are very close but Shame wins based on killer music. Hate to say it but Mr. Freeze is kinda boring. King Tut is such a great character played amazingly by Victor Buono. Could've easily been the 5th major villain. Here's my list starting with my most favorite:
King Tut
Egghead
Shame
Bookworm
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze

Nice list. I agree that Freeze is the worst. Id probably rank Shame one higher as I like the 2 ball multi ball.

#8157 1 year ago

King Tut
Egghead
Shame
Bookworm
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze

Thanks! I don't have any time on the last update yet, which added Tut and Bookworm, but my list is similar. I really like Egghead and Shame and find Hatter and Freeze to be the least captivating of the first four implemented. Any Batman villain is great actually, I just really prefer the clips and sounds of Egghead and Shame. I can't wait to dig into some King Tut though, I'm sure he'll be amazing too.

#8158 1 year ago

Just a quick shout out to all !! If you haven't modded out your "Atomic pile" yet,do it soon! This mod (IMHO) really gives the pin definition!PM Yelobird to get in the groove!The updates are just gonna get better!!

#8159 1 year ago

I couldnt find anything that was a close match to it. Even if I did I don't have a 3D printer to make the "palace" on the back of it.

The parachute van was unique in that hot wheels actually made a 1966 Dodge A100 van which is the same style as what the show used.

#8160 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That was an ambulance Tut's goons used to kidnap Bruce Wayne with. He gets gagged and strapped to a gurney but he manages to get the gurney to fall out out the back of the ambulance while its driving up a twisty road. But he is still strapped to to the gurney when it rolls off the ambulance, down the road, and goes off a cliff. Is this the end of Bruce/Batman? You have to watch part two to find out.

#8161 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I forgot about that one. At this rate we're gonna need to put one long shelf across the back of the playfield and line 'em up!

#8162 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

That was an ambulance Tut's goons used to kidnap Bruce Wayne with. He gets gagged and strapped to a gurney but he manages to get the gurney to fall out out the back of the ambulance while its driving up a twisty road. But he is still strapped to to the gurney when it rolls off the ambulance, down the road, and goes off a cliff. Is this the end of Bruce/Batman? You have to watch part two to find out.

I looked up and saw this during Tut mode and burst out laughing.

#8163 1 year ago

King Tut is such a great character played amazingly by Victor Buono. Could've easily been the 5th major villain.

My thoughts exactly. Besides Joker and Penguin, he was the only villain played by the same actor in all 3 seasons.

When I was originally going to make my own Batman66 retheme I had Tut as my fifth villain.

Tut and Shame have the funniest lines of all the villains.

bat-retheme (resized).jpg

#8164 1 year ago

Now that Lyman’s code is getting more and more mature are any of you LE owners near MN getting bored with your game?

But on the off chance that you might be looking to change up your lineup, I’ll be glad to take it off your hands. Looking for an LE sometime in 2018. If I don’t find one by April-May I will probably go with a Prem.

#8165 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

We must have this Doc...please!!!!!

#8166 1 year ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I love Shame the best, and I heard this callout, "Don't make a move Batman, or I'll fill you full a' lead" which gave me a good laugh.
Well here's my top list:
Shame
Egghead
King Tutt
Mad hatter
Bookworm
Mr Freeze
It's all personal preference though I guess.

Forgot to put my favorites in line (for the moment):

King Tutt (by a mile at this point....drained several balls just enjoying all the on screen and callouts...HUGE
Shamus - great simple callouts, multiball
Bookworm - another great mode w a unique color on inserts, and new callouts/ animations
Egghead
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze

Love them all...couldn't get away from the game last night....lit season 1 and 2, not sure how I did it, but super cool

#8167 1 year ago

It's funny listing these modes from favorite to least favorite. Talk about an embarrassment of riches

#8168 1 year ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's funny listing these modes from favorite to least favorite. Talk about an embarrassment of riches

And immersive...I mean..I was hitting the channel change, watching timers, flashing arrows, (not even talking about the tons of clips and callouts) and just really enjoying the ride. Genuinely sad when the final ball drained, as I had laid out my gameplan in my head of what I WANTED to do, not what I HAD to do....crazy fun!!!

#8169 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

lit season 1 and 2, not sure how I did it, but super cool

Someone else (BrewinBombers) mentioned and I can confirm that defeating Tut lights Season one insert. Not sure about other Seasons though. Maybe Season one isn't exclusive to Tut. Maybe for every minor villain you defeat lights a Season insert? I gotta say with all these different themed modes this machine is kinda like 10 machines all rolled into one! A lot of people loved to give us s**t for a year or so for buying BM66. Now they're knocking on our doors to purchase. Pretty damn cool! We need to run Lyman through a copy machine. All Stern machines should be this epic!!

#8170 1 year ago

When I saw that photo of Lyman signing the games in the factory, that is what sold me. I knew he'd not let us down.

#8171 1 year ago

How many minor villains will be in the game? So far there are 6, are there more to come?

#8172 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

How many minor villains will be in the game? So far there are 6, are there more to come?

It's easy to assume that there will only be 6 minor villains since their pics are all over the game. But with Lyman anything's possible! Right now most of us are hoping for one thing to be added...Batgirl!

#8173 1 year ago

A lot of people loved to give us s**t for a year or so for buying BM66. Now they're knocking on our doors to purchase. Pretty damn cool! WE need to run Lyman through a copy machine. All Stern machines should be this epic!!

Huge understatement!!!!!...Ive been on Pinside over 5 years, and have only drained one thread....it involved a relentless negative vibe attack on all BM66 buyers. It was crazy, and got under my skin quick ( even worse than what I face on occasion in the Alien thread).

Cant express enough how this game has exceeded my expectations...

#8174 1 year ago

Hey Guys. I have a question I think is best asked here since you are most familiar with BM66. I was planning to grab a BM and then Luci VE got announced. Can't afford both. If you had to pick one for your hone collection which would it be?

Another detail to factor in is this is a small batch of Lucis which wont last long. I assume BM66 will continue being made for a while.

Thanks

#8175 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Hey Guys. I have a question I think is best asked here since you are most familiar with BM66. I was planning to grab a BM and then Luci VE got announced. Can't afford both. If you had to pick one for your hone collection which would it be?
Another detail to factor in is this is a small batch of Lucis which wont last long. I assume BM66 will continue being made for a while.
Thanks

I love BM66 but its new, plenty more time to grab one and ACDC is no sleeper, but you can always buy one second hand

#8176 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can get these?

FB_IMG_1516560260698 (resized).jpg

#8177 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Castro district in San Francisco, Greenwich Village in NY, or certain parts of Atlanta near Elton John's home. Be prepared to pay a heavy price, though.

#8178 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

The parachute van was unique in that hot wheels actually made a 1966 Dodge A100 van which is the same style as what the show used.

Hence another reason to find a perfect place for it on the playfield, combined with it being featured in the Bat Turn mode...truly a standout!!! May put it on yelobird's plate and call it a day....

#8179 1 year ago

Thanks

I owned an Ac/dc premium for quite a while. It's gone, fun while it lasted. I like my ASLE better.

BM66 is a keeper HUO due to the theme, integration, sounds, call outs, LCD and unique layout with the turntable.

Plus, you can always pick up an Ac/dc later, I'd get a BM66 while you still can in stock, the quantity sold by comparison will be thousands less.

#8180 1 year ago

I love all the minor villain modes, I can't even rank them, maybe Shamus #1 for me but they are all fun!

#8181 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love all the minor villain modes, I can't even rank them, maybe Shamus #1 for me but they are all fun!

You mean Shame pard'ner

shame (resized).jpg

#8182 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I hope Lyman expands Mr Freeze, I love the way the inserts switch between red and blue, so many fun ways this could be expanded and loads of footage involving Freeze getting hot and cold.

I remember an episode where he could literally turn one chair at his table into a hot box or a cold zone at the flick of a switch, that sort of campy footage would be super fun integrated into gameplay.

#8183 1 year ago

I remember the original Mr. Freeze (George Sanders) was able to create cold zones. Not sure if Otto Preminger's character did the same.

#8184 1 year ago

Some modder should make a mod that makes the flipperbuttons hot and cold during Mr. Freeze

#8185 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I remember an episode where he could literally turn one chair at his table into a hot box or a cold zone at the flick of a switch, that sort of campy footage would be super fun integrated into gameplay.

I think that was from season 1 Mr Freeze when he was played by George Sanders. He had a control panel in his lair to set up the cold zones so his henchman wouldn't freeze. Later episodes dropped that gimmick because it was an expensive special effect.

I think all the Mr freeze clips (and playfield art) are using the Otto Preminger Mr Freeze from season 2. Freeze was played by 3 people in the series (just like Catwoman). the third Mr Freeze was played by the great Eli Wallach.

freeze1 (resized).jpg

freeze3 (resized).jpg

mr._freeze_batman_1966 (resized).jpg

#8186 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Some modder should make a mod that makes the flipperbuttons hot and cold during Mr. Freeze

That would kick up the immersion even more!

When I was originally going to do a Batman66 retheme I was thinking about having the game shoot out colored smoke in your face. They used that gimmick a lot in the show.

I also wanted the side rails where your palm rests on them to shock you during Joker mode. If I did that and brought it to a show I'd probably get sued.

#8187 1 year ago

Hey Guys. I have a question I think is best asked here since you are most familiar with BM66. I was planning to grab a BM and then Luci VE got announced...

I’ve got a luci, and I still love it, esp for the tunes...but BM66 gets the majority of the play, both by me or when other people come over. If I were forced to get rid of one over the other, I’d be keeping BM66...exceptional sound, clips, and colors...and it just seems like it has more lasting fun. Hope this helps!

#8188 1 year ago

I just updated my BM66 Pinside game review and rating based upon the recent code progress. Its amazing how far the game has come since November. I left a little room to squeeze in further update improvements and the addition of Batgirl. I hope most of the initial reviewers will do the same, given how significant the improvements are.

#8189 1 year ago

Thanks

If you want an AC/DC buy one without the awful pink lady on the side of it.

It has nothing to do with AC/DC for starters. And she is bright pink. Ewwww.

I’m no Woman’s libber, but it’s just tacky IMHO.

C8582B8D-AEDB-47FA-B2E4-8C6C0480DDBC (resized).jpeg

As far as the other question, remember BM66 is more expensive than other premium Stern machines (I presume Luci is the same as the other premium AC/DC machines) That might sway your thinking.

AC/DC is sort of old news to me, because I’ve had one since 2012. But if I’d never owned one before, maybe I’d go that way. AC/DC is one of the best Pins ever made.

Yes, Bm66 premium is still down to be made for a while. I just got 2 out of this months run for other kiwi buyers.

But as Icey said, there will be 1000s more AC/DCs made than BM66 at the end of the day.

rd

#8190 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

If you want an AC/DC buy one without the awful pink lady on the side of it.
It has nothing to do with AC/DC for starters. And she is bright pink. Ewwww.
rd

OT:

FD9D7D4E-1DD8-4D0C-A5E7-39E1076357DA (resized).jpeg

4127FB84-1DC8-406D-A9CE-9E890481FD84 (resized).jpeg

#8192 1 year ago

They’re not offical AC/DC stuff. A fan art picture and an aftermarket gig flyer.

Even the dates on the flyer are wrong. No gig in Cincinnati that day. Or in 1979 at all! They weren’t even in the USA.

rd

#8193 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Remember BM66 is more expensive than other premium Stern machines

Is this the case everywhere other than the UK? Here in England BM66 Premium/LE is at the same price point as GB, AS, SW, GOTG.

#8194 1 year ago

AC/DC Prem/LUCI is roughly $800 cheaper that BM66 here.

#8195 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is this the case everywhere other than the UK? Here in England BM66 Premium/LE is at the same price point as GB, AS, SW, GOTG.

Yeah, in NZ bm66 is $1500 more.

According to GEX website, RRP on BM66 premium is $8500 (discounted to $7999), and AC/DC is $7199.

https://gameexchange.biz

rd

#8196 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Being sold by "Chachi's Tchotchkes" I believe. I don't think they are available yet, but I hear they are.......arriving soon.

#8197 1 year ago

Thanks

While your answer is all up to a personal taste and interest I too considered it after the announcement. To keep Batman company until Cat-woman arrives. Went over to GAP and played AC/DC and while I loved it I had a Strong feeling (and flashback) of listing to the same cassette tape over and over again in the car many years ago. In the car I could just toss it in the glove box. Dropping 7k on a pinball machine is a different story! Love the group and the machine is awesome but listing to the same songs thousands of times just swayed me away as do most of the Stern music titles. End of story, I followed my Batman theme and went with nostalgia and purchased a Star Wars premium to keep Gotham and the force alive and well in our house. My wife agreed with my decision, especially after I showed her the AC/DC cabinet art she would be staring at every day. lol

#8198 1 year ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

but listing to the same songs thousands of times just swayed me away as do most of the Stern music titles

How’s that different from any other pinball machine?

Turn on BM66 and it’s the same music every time.

Turn on TZ and it’s the same music every time.

Turn on AC/DC and you have 12 different tunes to choose from.

I can understand if you don’t like AC/DC but you can’t complain about the lack of choices ...

rd

#8199 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How’s that different from any other pinball machine?
Turn on BM66 and it’s the same music every time.
Turn on TZ and it’s the same music every time.
Turn on AC/DC and you have 12 different tunes to choose from.
I can understand if you don’t like AC/DC but you can’t complain about the lack of choices ...
rd

Not sure how to answer you only to remind I had nothing negative to say about AC/DC. To Me it was like playing a juke box with only one record? Great game but just to much repetitive music. Love AC/DC music just don't want to grow not liking it. Why pinball is different? Not sure. My thought is its due to the fact most games as you pointed out are playing notes, verses, etc based on my accomplishment not as continuous background music? Could be wrong but I gave it a try and felt like myself and my family would better enjoy Star Wars. Pinball is a Personal commitment, no 2 are the same.

#8200 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Core mode kit question:
When you guys got your repair kits from Stern, did you get 2x capacitor plugs, or one?
They sent me 2 ... I needed kits for BM66 and also ASpro.
But reading the instructions, it infers that you need to fit a capacitor to both Node 8 AND Node 9 ... in which case, they haven’t sent me enough kits.
Did you guys fit 1x or 2x?
rd

can anyone give me the part number of those capacitor kits?
thx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 14886 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 298.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside