IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 374.
#8101 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

The hardest part of removing turntable is removing the coil/lock gate at the very “bottom” of playfield. It’s not fun but it’s not the nightmare I thought it would be.

Why did you have to remove your turntable?

#8102 6 years ago

Core mode kit question:

When you guys got your repair kits from Stern, did you get 2x capacitor plugs, or one?

They sent me 2 ... I needed kits for BM66 and also ASpro.

But reading the instructions, it infers that you need to fit a capacitor to both Node 8 AND Node 9 ... in which case, they haven’t sent me enough kits.

Did you guys fit 1x or 2x?

rd

9CB33C0B-561F-4D0B-AFF1-2AECAE028D79 (resized).jpeg9CB33C0B-561F-4D0B-AFF1-2AECAE028D79 (resized).jpeg

#8103 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Core mode kit question:
When you guys got your repair kits from Stern, did you get 2x capacitor plugs, or one?
They sent me 2 ... I needed kits for BM66 and also ASpro.
But reading the instructions, it infers that you need to fit a capacitor to both Node 8 AND Node 9 ... in which case, they haven’t sent me enough kits.
Did you guys fit 1x or 2x?
rd

Should be two capacitor piggybacks per machine. They accidentally short changed you if they only sent one pair.

Thunder, I am replacing my lock rollover switches for the heck of it even though I think my issue is strictly trough optos. It was good to have removed the turntable to get the practice for when I inevitably have to remove it later on down the line.

#8104 6 years ago

What kind of modes do you guys think will be added to the game to make it 1.00? I have been playing the game and love it, but was wondering if there will be another wizard mode added? Any goals/benefits to completing all 3 seasons or how you will beat 3 seasons, etc.

#8105 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

What kind of modes do you guys think will be added to the game to make it 1.00? I have been playing the game and love it, but was wondering if there will be another wizard mode added? Any goals/benefits to completing all 3 seasons or how you will beat 3 seasons, etc.

Things I can think of that it doesn't have:

-5 greyed out minor villain (seasons)
-Batusi multiball

I think it needs a wizard mode, beyond villain escape.

#8106 6 years ago

I'm hoping Batgirl is brought into the game in the next code update. Fingers crossed.

#8107 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You like it better than the Eaglemoss one? Or because it has the figures?

I would not do the Eaglemoss Batcopter again - my post is linked below and you'll see that it was VERY delicate ... and I mean delicate.

I broke it twice just installing it and I am a careful guy. Was installing Mod Couples Atomic Pile and barely hit the rotor blades and they fell off.

So ... I remember seeing folks recommending the Hallmark version. I compared side by side and the detail is about the same between them.

The benefits far out way any small differences. Sturdier by a mile, waaay less expensive and has the characters in it - heartily recommended over the EM one

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/25#post-3568959

#8108 6 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

They need to make a bat-turn easter egg hidden version where Gomez pops up and says one thing, then when you hit the spinner, he turns around and says the opposite thing.

#8109 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They need to make a bat-turn easter egg hidden version where Gomez pops up and says one thing, then when you hit the spinner, he turns around and says the opposite thing.

Two weeks

#8110 6 years ago

Two face, actually. Too bad he wasn't in the original series...

#8111 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree. I always wondered why they used False Face instead of Two Face. Maybe Doc knows.

#8112 6 years ago

It did take a while to get rolling but post expo we've been getting pretty close to a release almost every two weeks.

#8113 6 years ago

Getting the minor villains in and active was a good hurdle to get over for them and us.
So that leaves us still waiting to see implementation of Batusi and how the Seasons affect things right?

Definitely need something else for the crane though. At current code, its not utilized nearly enough for its space and BOM impact. I'm hoping there's some dedicated, additional mode tied to it, that gets dropped on us out of the blue. Similar to how Bat Turn took the underutilized batmobile spinner and made it interesting and useful.

#8114 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Getting the minor villains in and active was a good hurdle to get over for them and us.
So that leaves us still waiting to see implementation of Batusi and how the Seasons affect things right?
Definitely need something else for the crane though. At current code, its not utilized nearly enough for its space and BOM impact. I'm hoping there's some dedicated, additional mode tied to it, that gets dropped on us out of the blue. Similar to how Bat Turn took the underutilized batmobile spinner and made it interesting and useful.

If I had to guess for the seasons, I think it'll be completing season 1 of a character, before season 2 opens up for the character.

Granted, this is nothing more than a complete guess.

#8115 6 years ago

Hate to nitpick but I'm hoping Lyman does something more with the light show (or lack of). It's really generic at this point. But with what they've given us recently with code, I can live with it.

#8116 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

If I remember right, in BDK the (Scarecrow) crane was just used for the 3 Scarecrow modes, although those modes varied a little more than the Penguin modes do currently.

Scarecrow 1: left to right movement, hit crane in all 5 positions
Scarecrow 2: continuous left to right sweeping
Scarecrow 3: random crane movement with roving crane inserts

I can’t quite remember if I Scarecrow 3 right, but you get the idea, there’s variety there, also the lighting and sound fx when the crane is hit on BDK feels more impactful and integrated.

#8117 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Hate to nitpick but I'm hoping Lyman does something more with the light show (or lack of). It's really generic at this point. But with what they've given us recently with code, I can live with it.

I remember the light show on TWD changed quite dramatically later on.

#8118 6 years ago

I know some mentioned they're not fans of the new sound effects for the crane hits. I actually like the new ones better. Less jarring. Just opinion and they sort of vary and scale a bit depending on number of hits it seems.

Crane needs to be involved a little more. I do miss the slingshot flashers going off with crane hits. But given what's happening on the screen for that mode the flashers going off don't quite make a lot of sense. Maybe with additional crane mods, the flashers could be tied back in where they would make sense with major impacts to the crane.

#8119 6 years ago

I can’t stop hitting the start button on this game!

#8120 6 years ago

I still can't utilize "To the Bat poles" shots when going into Joker mode. Am I really the only one who suffers from this? 1st Joker shot is batmobile spinner/turntable. Soon as any villain mode shot is made the orange batpole shots end. Every time the turntable is moving into position from phone answer to 1st Joker shot, the spinner moves just enough to register that 1st hit and cancels the orange shots before I can even attempt them

#8121 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I can’t stop hitting the start button on this game!

You better open a ticket with Stern.

#8122 6 years ago

Well this is a BM66 thread. But I would like to see some enhancements on GB also

#8123 6 years ago

I agree, the lighting besides inserts is way weak

#8124 6 years ago

I’d love to see the lights and the inserts spinning in a circle fashion for the batmobile spin around, like the bat symbol spin transition in the tv show. (Similar to the hyper space on StarWars.) Or going nuts during the joker and slow transitions with cat woman and the sultry jazz music.

#8125 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Actually I think Gomez is a very nice guy, and created some of the best video games of my childhood.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8126 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

Actually I think Gomez is a very nice guy, and created some of the best video games of my childhood.

He might be a GREAT guy to have a drink with, I assume so. I've never heard he's a dick. However, his relationship with the truth/reality is just not very good. He's proven it over and over the last two years.

#8127 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It did take a while to get rolling but post expo we've been getting pretty close to a release almost every two weeks.

Even when there was that huge lag pre-expo, I think the jump in code was equivalent to a .01 increase every 2 weeks, which is what we’ve roughly been getting since...thrilled, nonetheless, with how this game is turning out

#8128 6 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Even when there was that huge lag pre-expo, I think the jump in code was equivalent to a .01 increase every 2 weeks, which is what we’ve roughly been getting since...thrilled, nonetheless, with how this game is turning out

I was Grateful for the update. Not for the content but last week my wife got the new High Score while I was traveling and it's all she reminded me about! lol Not in this house!! lolol New update, high score do over!!!

#8129 6 years ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Even when there was that huge lag pre-expo, I think the jump in code was equivalent to a .01 increase every 2 weeks, which is what we’ve roughly been getting since...

I think your selling Lyman short, v0.80 back in October was the last update, where the files numeric value increased more than 0.01 but the content in those subsequent updates has been far more substantial than most 0.01 updates.

v0.80 brought us Villian mode Cliffhangers which where a complete game changer.

v0.81 was huge, added loads more content (I’d say it added more in a single update than GOTG has in total at present) major bug fixes, balancing and optimising.

v0.82/0.83 put in place the first part of the TV stacking and initial stages of Mr Freeze and Egghead.

v0.84 was another game changer bringing us TV Channel Changing!
Plus we also got more added to Mr Freeze and Egghead.

v0.85 added Shame and Mad Hatter plus loads of bug fixes and optimising/balancing (believe/hope we will see these expanded, like Lyman did with Freeze and Egghead)

v0.86 added Bookwarm and King Tut as well as more bug fixes/balancing/optimising (again hope to see these expanded)

So in 6 updates, going up 0.06 Lyman has delivered 2 game changing updates plus added 6 modes, which I think we will see expanded into multi stage modes like we saw Mr Freeze and Egghead expanded in the update following their implementation.

Fact we are still only at 0.86 means we are probably going to see at least 2 more substantial updates plus a few more 0.01 updates thrown into the mix.

Either way we are all going to have something truly special once Lyman feels it’s done #InLymanWeTrust.

#8130 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I think the crane should come out in a minor villain modes here and there. Maybe just to make a shore here and there.

Maybe it can come out in Batgirl mode as her mode could require 2 shots to each Cillian to complete.

#8131 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I think the crane should come out in a minor villain modes here and there. Maybe just to make a shore here and there.
Maybe it can come out in Batgirl mode as her mode could require 2 shots to each Cillian to complete.

I know they don’t have the licence to the movie but the crane would be awesome in a midnight madness kind of mode, maybe a somedays you just can’t get rid of a bomb mode, I’d be happy even if it had drawn graphics instead of tv footage, if there was any way of getting that scene and the shark repellent scene into the game that would make this game insane!

#8132 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I know they don’t have the licence to the movie but the crane would be awesome in a midnight madness kind of mode, maybe a somedays you just can’t get rid of a bomb mode, I’d be happy even if it had drawn graphics instead of tv footage, if there was any way of getting that scene and the shark repellent scene into the game that would make this game insane!

I think this is unlikely because the Extra Ball scene already pays homage to the "some days" scene. A nod to the shark scene would be nice but it's way down my list.

Far more important to me is integration of Batgirl. I don't know if/how that gets done, but I would love to see the To the Batpoles/Exit Batcave sequence replaced by the Batgirl Transformation/Batcycle Exit sequence for a villian mode involving Batgirl.

#8133 6 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

I’d love to see the lights and the inserts spinning in a circle fashion for the batmobile spin around, like the bat symbol spin transition in the tv show. (Similar to the hyper space on StarWars.) Or going nuts during the joker and slow transitions with cat woman and the sultry jazz music.

These are wonderful ideas. Submit them via Stern’s official contact us link. I will too.

http://www.sternpinball.com/contact

#8134 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think this is unlikely because the Extra Ball scene already pays homage to the "some days" scene. A nod to the shark scene would be nice but it's way down my list.
Far more important to me is integration of Batgirl. I don't know if/how that gets done, but I would love to see the To the Batpoles/Exit Batcave sequence replaced by the Batgirl Transformation/Batcycle Exit sequence for a villian mode involving Batgirl.

Agreed it is down the list, more of a nice to have than a must have like Batgirl, but I am confident Batgirl is going to get more game/screen time.

Look at the huge amount of content added in the last 5 updates, yet it’s only increased code by 0.01 each time, 0.05 in total, makes me think Lyman is doing that on purpose and that he has plenty more in store for us prior to dropping v1.00.

#8135 6 years ago

Can someone with pinstadiums take a picture of their connection on which flasher they chose

#8136 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Can someone with pinstadiums take a picture of their connection on which flasher they chose

Pretty sure I already added photos to this thread on that subject but I found the center pop bumper flasher to be the best option for the PS flasher. Not to much but used often during any mode. Love mine.

#8137 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Pretty sure I already added photos to this thread on that subject but I found the center pop bumper flasher to be the best option for the PS flasher. Not to much but used often during any mode. Love mine.

Got a post number?

#8138 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think your selling Lyman short...

I didn’t mean to make it sound like I was “selling him short”, I was trying to point out that we’ve been getting on average a 0.01 bump in the code every 2 weeks since the delivery (which I’m happy with). I love each code drop’s new features and integrations. I’ve really been thrilled with the last few months’ updates in regards to palpable improvements. I, by no means, am whining that a 0.01 bump is too small...on the contrary, I think they’ve been impressive....and the fact that we’ve been getting said updates makes me laugh at the “they’re going to abandon us” neighsayers that we’re out in force while we waited a few months for an update.

#8139 6 years ago

My complain is when several modes are stacked I’m confusing with lights to shoot. the lights do not flash with the double colors if they are the same targets. Correct? Is it technically possible to have double color flash?
Thanks

#8140 6 years ago

Channel changing is the route he's gone to allow you to see all the shots for a mode clearly instead of color changing.

#8141 6 years ago

Ok some how to fish and your answer. I find searching for how to images be easiest when you scroll to the top of the page, select show image gallery, and blittz through them quickly looking for the general content desired. In this example, I found on page 20 of the image gallery a full walk through of your request. The images offers a go to topic (#5946) for your request. I showed how they look, how I set them up, and where I plugged them in. Hope this helps. Searching Hundreds,of pages can be frustrating. Lol

#8142 6 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Got a post number?

If you look at the Topic Index (Key Post) list at the top of the topic list below the picture gallery, it will often have the post you're looking for with a direct link.

#8143 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Channel changing is the route he's gone to allow you to see all the shots for a mode clearly instead of color changing.

Don’t think I understood correctly your comment.
One color is assigned for each mode. When 2 modes are stacked, if a target to shoot is in common, I don’t think it flashs with double color. It is confusing when a color covers another one.
I will check tomorrow

#8144 6 years ago

colonel_caverne You're correct; it does not alternate colors. You have to use the "channel change" functionality with the lockbar button to change the inserts to show which shots are appropriate for that mode. You cannot see the 'double mode' shots currently.

#8145 6 years ago

Considering you can have up to 5 modes going at once, every arrow would be lit with some color or multiple colors. Remote control may indeed be the best solution.

#8146 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

colonel_caverne You're correct; it does not alternate colors. You have to use the "channel change" functionality with the lockbar button to change the inserts to show which shots are appropriate for that mode. You cannot see the 'double mode' shots currently.

I didn’t realize I was allowed to do that.
I will check tomorrow.

I just need to hit the lockbar bar button during multi modes running to cycle and see the color lights to shoot for. Correct?

#8147 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I didn’t realize I was allowed to do that.
I will check tomorrow.
I just need to hit the lockbar bar button during multi modes running to cycle and see the color lights to shoot for. Correct?

To be precise, you need to hold the lockbar button for about half a second, otherwise it will award a gadget.

#8148 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Considering you can have up to 5 modes going at once, every arrow would be lit with some color or multiple colors. Remote control may indeed be the best solution.

Correct....I find the audio changing along with the "scene" on the screen help when multiple screens are going. This game is really a blast to play!!!!

#8149 6 years ago

Has anyone got enough time on the mini villain modes to rank order them by favorites yet?

#8150 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Has anyone got enough time on the mini villain modes to rank order them by favorites yet?

Was just thinking about this the other day. My list is based on shot selections, video clips, music and sound effects. Shame and Bookworm are very close but Shame wins based on killer music. Hate to say it but Mr. Freeze is kinda boring. King Tut is such a great character played amazingly by Victor Buono. Could've easily been the 5th major villain. Here's my list starting with my most favorite:

King Tut
Egghead
Shame
Bookworm
Mad Hatter
Mr. Freeze

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
19,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mead, WA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 34.99
Pinball Machine
Almighty Mods
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/163?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.