Topic Stats

• 11,290 posts
  • 413 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by NeilMcRae
  • Topic is favorited by 145 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,419 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

27AA69F2-2965-43AC-9D76-085350EA13C1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4691 (resized).JPG
IMG_4690 (resized).JPG
IMG_4688 (resized).JPG
IMG_4684 (resized).JPG
IMG_4704 (resized).JPG
IMG_4678 (resized).JPG
IMG_4682 (resized).JPG
IMG_4708 (resized).JPG
20181017_204016 (resized).jpg
bitmoji-20181018120052 (resized).png
SshenogSSyeXM5QLNUJG0g (resized).jpg
Batman-UnkindestTut02 (resized).jpg
C0677534-E4AB-4401-ABF5-ABD4E2712AE3 (resized).jpeg
FFC0919E-AFCE-4C99-B371-187BF6A6C78F (resized).jpeg
batman-season-1-2-smack-in-the-middle-robin-gas-masks-adam-west-burt-ward-review-episode-guide-list (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

40 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 11293 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 226.
#7951 9 months ago

Yeah, game play is the same on all three which is excellent fun. You definitely won't be disappointed. The long haul has been worth it for me.

#7952 9 months ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hi everyone, I am looking to pick up a BM66, just wondering if the game play is the same in all 3 versions? It looks like it is the same and the differences are all cosmetic and Limited of course. Is this correct?
Thanks, Dave

Yep. Gameplay is exactly the same on all 3 versions.

#7953 9 months ago
Quoted from melumga:

Yep. Gameplay is exactly the same on all 3 versions.

Except in Australia where the ball rolls backwards. Or is that bowl? Lol JK

#7954 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Except in Australia where the ball rolls backwards. Or is that bowl? Lol JK

ha! I have the Crocodile Dundee SLE...

DSC02857.jpg

#7955 9 months ago
Quoted from melumga:

ha! I have the Crocodile Dundee SLE...

Too funny. That must be the “Shrimp on the barby Episode” model.

#7956 9 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Too funny. That must be the “Shrimp on the barby Episode” model.

"Now THAT'S a knife" episode.

#7957 9 months ago

Ok, so I went to move the blue bumper on the left ramp, to the right side, but it leaves the two connectors sticking out. Not a good idea to leave that way, I wouldn’t think. I’m not sure what else to try to help smooth out the left orbit shot. Seemed to help leveling it more, but the clunkiness of the shot is terrible! The right orbit it awesome and feels great to shoot. Let me know if there are other things people tried. Thanks!

#7958 9 months ago

Thanks for the heads up on the 3 different versions and game play being the same. Much appreciated!!

#7959 9 months ago
Quoted from spandol:

Ok, so I went to move the blue bumper on the left ramp, to the right side, but it leaves the two connectors sticking out. Not a good idea to leave that way, I wouldn’t think. I’m not sure what else to try to help smooth out the left orbit shot. Seemed to help leveling it more, but the clunkiness of the shot is terrible! The right orbit it awesome and feels great to shoot. Let me know if there are other things people tried. Thanks!

You can slightly bend the left side of the ramp inwards. Helps allot.

#7960 9 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You can slightly bend the left side of the ramp inwards. Helps allot.

Awesome cooked, thanks!

#7961 9 months ago

My joker standup target is getting hung up on the bracket again. Was there a consensus on best way to permanently fix this issue?

#7962 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

My joker standup target is getting hung up on the bracket again. Was there a consensus on best way to permanently fix this issue?

I put a piece of foam on the metal bracket that the target gets hung up on. The little foam block you put behind standup targets. Hasn't happened again. Was just enough to persuade it to not get hung up

#7963 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Double up on the dead foam. That thing is a MAJOR pain in the ass. But if you position left center, doubled up, it will work, at least thus far for me!

#7964 9 months ago

Lately on my batman my slingshots are shooting airballs a lot. Any ideas here? My rubbers aren't that old, my game isn't even that old. I also always have my coil power set to soft...

#7965 9 months ago

I get slingshot airballs too. Makes me crazy. Everything looks correct under the pf.

#7966 9 months ago

Default slingshot power is 32. It's rather strong to say the least. After each update I drop it down to 28 to help soften them just a tad. They are still crazy powerful, but takes just the edge off. You could try that to see if the airballs lessen or stop altogether.

#7967 9 months ago

I know your gonna laugh at this,but,what is a Joker stand up target???

#7968 9 months ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Default slingshot power is 32. It's rather strong to say the least. After each update I drop it down to 28 to help soften them just a tad. They are still crazy powerful, but takes just the edge off. You could try that to see if the airballs lessen or stop altogether.

Ohhhh.. maybe coil power is not related to slingshot firing, just flippers.

#7969 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Two targets under the little tv on the rotisserie. They’re side by side but at an angle to each other.

#7970 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Quoted from taz:

Two targets under the little tv on the rotisserie. They’re side by side but at an angle to each other.

Here's a summary of the typical problem.

joker standups (resized).jpg

Im gonna try the foam fix to keep the taget from getting stuck. I need to go to the hardware store to buy some weather stripping to use for my foam.

#7971 9 months ago

Oh,wow ok,I've never had any issues there!!! Thank-you Taz.& Doc!!

#7972 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Oh,wow ok,I've never had any issues there!!! Thank-you Taz.& Doc!!

Mine has gotten stuck a couple times here and there but nothing consistent...at least not yet.

#7973 9 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Mine has gotten stuck a couple times here and there but nothing consistent...at least not yet.

It used to be inconsistent for me. Then it steadily became more frequent.

#7974 9 months ago

I think the best way to fix the issue, is to take the L bracket off from underneath and file the top side down just a bit. This will raise the target high enough to not get caught on the metal edge.

IMO, when they designed that area, there was no metal edge. Then in testing, they experienced some wear, thus they added the metal edge without correcting the height of the standup target.

#7975 9 months ago

How'd you get the copter to stay there? Glue gun?

#7976 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

How'd you get the copter to stay there? Glue gun?

Are you talking about the SLE style batcopter mounting over the left ball return?

Here's a picture of the wire it's mounted with and how it connects to the bottom of the better Hallmark ornament batcopter (copied from the way Stern did their cheaper batcopter).

batcopter-bottom (resized).jpg
batcopter-side (resized).jpg

#7977 9 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Are you talking about the SLE style batcopter mounting over the left ball return?
Here's a picture of the wire it's mounted with and how it connects to the bottom of the better Hallmark ornament batcopter (copied from the way Stern did their cheaper batcopter).

ah ok cool. where'd you find the metal wire?

#7978 9 months ago

This was on an SLE, so it came with it. I was just replacing the cheap Stern batcopter with the better-looking Hallmark one.

Wouldn't be hard to make a wire mount just like this, though. The wire gauge is like a wire hanger, so a wire hanger, tin snips, and some needle nose pliers and you could make one, then two zip ties to mount the helicopter to it.

#7980 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is this your solution? --> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/135#post-4085344

#7981 9 months ago

And the quest for perfect placement of Doc's parachute van continues....liking this so far....

20180111_183948 (resized).jpg

20180111_183940 (resized).jpg

#7982 9 months ago

Use hangar wire if don't want the coptper move at all when you nudge the game. Use the thinner lock wire from Harbor Freight if you want the copter to bounce around a little during gameplay.

#7983 9 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

And the quest for perfect placement of Doc's parachute van continues....liking this so far....

Looks good, unfortunately I have Batgirls Batcycle (1:50th to match all my others) in that location, so I am all out of free space.

#7984 9 months ago

Anyone has a video on 0.85?

#7985 9 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Use hangar wire if don't want the coptper move at all when you nudge the game. Use the thinner lock wire from Harbor Freight if you want the copter to bounce around a little during gameplay.

I used something similar to the harbour freight stuff and its cool when the ball hits that ramp the chopper wiggles a bit. Sorta like the tie fighter on Star Wars (oops did I mention a sore spot )

Neil.

#7986 9 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kind of off topic here, but all 3d printing I have ever seen gets the kind of rough surface with the lines visible. I can understand why it happens, and I think Yelo's printing is the least visible of all the printing Ive seen - particularly his Atomic Pile mod.
But is there a way of eliminating the lines and instead getting a smooth surface or even gloss? For me the downside of 3d printing is that it looks 3d printed. I'm assuming its just the technology hasn't got there yet, but eventually will. Are there new printers that have addressed it yet? Kind of reminds me of the early printers where you could see the dots/squares.

Quoted from Lonzo:

If it is printed with ABS it can be Acetone washed to give it a gloss look. Also you can increase the resolution of the printer to minimize the lines.

Sorry for the derail, but Smooth-On makes a product that you can brush on and it helps remove the lines/striations:

https://www.smooth-on.com/product-line/xtc-3d/

#7987 9 months ago

Is there a fix for the ball hangup when locking a ball. Happens ca 25% of the time for me. (sorry if this is topic that has been talked about aplenty before)

Got my Premium right before Christmas and this has fast become my favorite machines at the moment. Love absolutely everything about it. Great Graphics, Fantastic rules, tons of cool clips on the display, and lastly the music. More groovy than the groove-train going to Grovesville

#7988 9 months ago
Quoted from karl:

Is there a fix for the ball hangup when locking a ball. Happens ca 25% of the time for me. (sorry if this is topic that has been talked about aplenty before)

Sounds like the ball is getting caught on the edge of the turntable, which means the turntable is not level. Was happening regularly on mine when I first got it. It's an easy adjustment from under the playfield. Since I leveled it, hasnt happened again.

I can't acces my game, but maybe someone else can photograph the necessary screws on the turntable. Very important to get the turntable perfectly level to the pf, not just for the lock hangup.

#7990 9 months ago

Thanks for the tip and the link. Pretty sure that this is what's happening.

I Will try to level it

#7991 9 months ago

That's the one. FWIW, I'd ignore the line at the end about preferably removing the entire playfield - absolutely not necessary for this simple adjustment.

#7992 9 months ago

cooked71 When you raise your playfield does your turntable kinda shift up and down slightly? Mine has some up and down play in it and I'm wondering if this is normal. Thanks!

#7993 9 months ago

cooked71 When you raise your playfield does your turntable kinda shift up and down slightly? Mine has some up and down play in it and I'm wondering if this is normal. Thanks!

Yep, there is a small amount of up down movement on mine also. When doing the turntable adjustment I just made sure I pushed it back towards the pf and then leveled.

#7994 9 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yep, there is a small amount of up down movement on mine also. When doing the turntable adjustment I just made sure I pushed it back towards the pf and then leveled.

Hoping to eliminate that movement, along with tightening up the spinner tolerance at some point soon.

Finding time has been a challenge lately....cant even find time to go check on the lockdown mod (ahhh)

#7995 9 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Hoping to eliminate that movement, along with tightening up the spinner tolerance at some point soon.
Finding time has been a challenge lately....cant even find time to go check on the lockdown mod (ahhh)

Whats that? Sorry, impossible to keep all of this straight! We should have a sticky for BM66 (or all pins!) with the most common mods and a link on either 'how to's' or where to purchase...

#7996 9 months ago

I contacted stern about mine and was told that slight movement is normal.
However mine had movement forward and back. It had a big gap at the front of the turntable to the playfield and being flush at the back so it was rubbing. Lifting it from the back it sat correctly but as soon as i let go it fell back again.

Something obviously wrong with it. The new playfield i received the turntable is perfect. No issues at all.

#7997 9 months ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I contacted stern about mine and was told that slight movement is normal.
However mine had movement forward and back. It had a big gap at the front of the turntable to the playfield and being flush at the back so it was rubbing. Lifting it from the back it sat correctly but as soon as i let go it fell back again.
» YouTube video
Something obviously wrong with it. The new playfield i received the turntable is perfect. No issues at all.

Woe, that's allot of movement. Almost looks like the adjustment screws underneath are loose. Great that Stern sorted it out for you.

#7998 9 months ago

Whats that? Sorry, impossible to keep all of this straight! We should have a sticky for BM66 (or all pins!) with the most common mods and a link on either 'how to's' or where to purchase...

Apologies...I have several joint projects regarding some mods (left wireform/ ramp w/ Matt, chromed lockdown button w possible EL backlit and turntable bushing stability w a seperate machine shop.).

I love the machine...just finding the time for coordination, etc. to complete these things....it will happen..that you can be sure of....

#7999 9 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Woe, that's allot of movement. Almost looks like the adjustment screws underneath are loose. Great that Stern sorted it out for you.

My first correspondence about it with a video attached to the email got a reply which said..

The movement in the rotating playfield is normal. Ours here do the same thing.

The thing was rock solid underneath the playfield. Definitely something internal with it.

#8000 9 months ago
Quoted from Sutol:

My first correspondence about it with a video attached to the email got a reply which said..
The movement in the rotating playfield is normal. Ours here do the same thing.
The thing was rock solid underneath the playfield. Definitely something internal with it.

The up and down tolerance is definitely too much across the board. You can see it when you slam a ball into the mechanism, and the whole platform "lifts" a bit..that will have to cause failure at some point. Shouldn't be tough to keep that movement to a minimal, just time, maybe spring loaded compression washers..been awhile since I was staring at that piece....too anxious for the ramp to come to fruition for "production". Hopefully, Matt frees up soon....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trier, RP
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11293 posts in this topic. You are on page 160 of 226.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside