IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 374.
#7901 6 years ago

Defeating three seasons of minor villains is going to be a massive pain in the ass.

#7902 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Defeating three seasons of minor villains is going to be a massive pain in the ass.

You're right! I wonder if that will be the path to Batusi wizard mode.

#7903 6 years ago

That's a joke right?

#7904 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Ha! That’s what Mattel cars are for!!

I just couldn't unsee it once you pointed it out. Dont worry Doc..Parachute van belongs...just cant break the code on where yet...

20180107_222756 (resized).jpg20180107_222756 (resized).jpg

#7905 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kind of off topic here, but all 3d printing I have ever seen gets the kind of rough surface with the lines visible. I can understand why it happens, and I think Yelo's printing is the least visible of all the printing Ive seen - particularly his Atomic Pile mod.
But is there a way of eliminating the lines and instead getting a smooth surface or even gloss? For me the downside of 3d printing is that it looks 3d printed. I'm assuming its just the technology hasn't got there yet, but eventually will. Are there new printers that have addressed it yet? Kind of reminds me of the early printers where you could see the dots/squares.

The short answer is yes.... But it takes a considerable amount of work when doing Hundreds of parts and products. As all of the parts I make are ABS plastic (for strength) there is a process known as acetone vapor polishing. Basically, your part is set in a coffee can of sorts and rags soaked in acetone are carefully placed around the part. Seal and watch the clock. In several (typically 4-6) depending on if you go Heated (which is rather dangerous) the part will slowly sweat as the vapors attach the external shape. In doing so, the part becomes very smooth at low cost but a slight loss of small details. I have done it with many parts in the past but in my testing with the phone it looked very play school plasticy as this is a Translucent plastic if that makes sense. As the only time you See the phone is when it is Lit the more dull finish looked better to us. The user Could very easily vapor smooth or Carefully wipe with acetone and most of the lines will fade. Not much is needed!! Just know that the plastic will get soft so you need to let it set or Every fingerprint will show!! Hope this all makes sense..... lol

#7906 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The short answer is yes.... But it takes a considerable amount of work when doing Hundreds of parts and products. As all of the parts I make are ABS plastic (for strength) there is a process known as acetone vapor polishing. Basically, your part is set in a coffee can of sorts and rags soaked in acetone are carefully placed around the part. Seal and watch the clock. In several (typically 4-6) depending on if you go Heated (which is rather dangerous) the part will slowly sweat as the vapors attach the external shape. In doing so, the part becomes very smooth at low cost but a slight loss of small details. I have done it with many parts in the past but in my testing with the phone it looked very play school plasticy as this is a Translucent plastic if that makes sense. As the only time you See the phone is when it is Lit the more dull finish looked better to us. The user Could very easily vapor smooth or Carefully wipe with acetone and most of the lines will fade. Not much is needed!! Just know that the plastic will get soft so you need to let it set or Every fingerprint will show!! Hope this all makes sense..... lol

I think it looks fine as is....

#7907 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

True dat brutha!

#7908 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Off topic but my Sincere appologies not getting back to you next day on the ramp brackets. We had a death in the family so pinball was a bit of a last thought taking care of things. I am out tomorrow but I WILL get this looked at tomorrow when I get back in and get back to you. As mentioned, I can turn around metal (other) brackets in a day even in large batch as I have access to the technology 24/7. Sorry to hold you up but I did give you my word. Talk soon.

#7909 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Off topic but my Sincere appologies not getting back to you next day on the ramp brackets. We had a death in the family so pinball was a bit of a last thought taking care of things. I am out tomorrow but I WILL get this looked at tomorrow when I get back in and get back to you. As mentioned, I can turn around metal (other) brackets in a day even in large batch as I have access to the technology 24/7. Sorry to hold you up but I did give you my word. Talk soon.

Sorry for your loss...no worries, as Matt is finishing a "day job" project before he starts banging the ramps out. Had an epiphany that a single bracket can be fabbed, eliminating the need for rivets or screws..Ill pm tomorrow

#7910 6 years ago

Also believe he's got his powdercoat sorted out in house, so these will come quicker when he gets to these....I cannot wait to have the finished version in my machine...

#7911 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Might give it a go. Wasn't at all implying you should do it before delivery, just curious more than anything. Is Acetone literally just nail polish remover?

#7912 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Might give it a go. Wasn't at all implying you should do it before delivery, just curious more than anything. Is Acetone literally just nail polish remover?

Technically yes. Though I believe they add some fragrance of sorts to thin it down it does work fine. Check out the vapor process on YouTube, pretty simply really just be advised Acetone is highly flammable so please be careful!!! Don't ask me how I know..... lol Lets just say Mama Mod Couple doesn't allow me to use the corning wear or anything in the kitchen any longer!!

#7913 6 years ago

Got time to sneak off to clear my head and bang out a few games on the new code. Absolutely a new game. Loving the direction and attention to detail they are taking with this title. Makes the trickle of code worth the wait. Probably the ONLY thing I hate is the fact that every .01 code update I loose all my high scores (not really that high) and my wife continues to sharpen her skills making it harder and harder for me to keep the top positions. Funny thing is SHE is actually more excited then me when I tell her there is a new code update. It's great to share a common interest so I will deal with the possibility of her getting her name on the board....

#7914 6 years ago

My number one mod at the moment................at least to make B66 code updates less of a PIA.....

IMG_9871 (resized).JPGIMG_9871 (resized).JPG

#7915 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Here's one of Neil's from a month ago. I'm sure he's working on a new video as we speak.
» YouTube video

Thanks!

Not for about a month sadly. All my machines tombstoned whilst I build a new pinball room, although good news is I'll have LOTS more room for more pins

#7916 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Thanks!
Not for about a month sadly. All my machines tombstoned whilst I build a new pinball room, although good news is I'll have LOTS more room for more pins

Noooooooooooooo

#7917 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

My number one mod at the moment................at least to make B66 code updates less of a PIA.....

Haha you lazy bastard, I like it !

#7918 6 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Haha you lazy bastard, I like it !

Haha. U know u want one extendo . $5.95 from OfficeWorks.

#7919 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Haha. U know u want one extendo . $5.95 from OfficeWorks.

lol....I reckon he's installing one now.

#7920 6 years ago

haha you pecker heads !

#7921 6 years ago

This game is shaping to be my favourite of all time and code is only at .85

Loving the Shame mode with the add a ball mystery. "Those cows don't stop for anyone, not even you batfellow", cracks me up.

Goes to show when you put Lyman with basically unrestricted access to the full licence, greatness is possible

#7922 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That's a joke right?

No, not a joke; qualifying 3 minor villains is a pain in the ass by itself. That lower TV target is only a shot from the sling or a solid judge from the top of the right sling. That is generally happening because I have dangerous side-to-side action going. Wide-open outlanes means lots of power drains for me.

Plus, you can't start a minor villain if you're in Multiball. Egghead is easy to finish for the sake of completing it, but Shame is basically a recipe for things going out of control shooting the side targets. Freeze isn't bad, but in the same season as Egghead.

I'm not saying impossible, just a PITA.

#7923 6 years ago

No, not a joke; qualifying 3 minor villains is a pain in the ass by itself. That lower TV target is only a shot from the sling or a solid judge from the top of the right sling. That is generally happening because I have dangerous side-to-side action going. Wide-open outlanes means lots of power drains for me.
Plus, you can't start a minor villain if you're in Multiball. Egghead is easy to finish for the sake of completing it, but Shame is basically a recipe for things going out of control shooting the side targets. Freeze isn't bad, but in the same season as Egghead.
I'm not saying impossible, just a PITA.

A challenge yes, a PITA not so sure. If it was Easy they would call it baseball.

#7924 6 years ago

Not complaining, just observing after spending time trying to explore the new Minor villains.

#7925 6 years ago

I was worried that I might be “over modding” but I love every addition to my game and none of it seems over the top...

My Premium BM66 =:

Plastic protectors
Magnet protector
Bat signal
Atomic pile
Batmobile
Bat boat
Bat cave upgrades around the spinner
Magenta led over the play field
Clear led SDTM
Batman parachute pick up service van
External bat signal
Bat copter
Shaker moter
External volume control

It all fits so well!

00A464E1-2BAE-4B71-961B-18E5A7990433 (resized).jpeg00A464E1-2BAE-4B71-961B-18E5A7990433 (resized).jpeg

D5D1CDDA-13AE-4EF3-871C-B02DB5B755D1 (resized).jpegD5D1CDDA-13AE-4EF3-871C-B02DB5B755D1 (resized).jpeg

CCCA50CC-F278-4FA2-9338-3DB0CD2442A3 (resized).jpegCCCA50CC-F278-4FA2-9338-3DB0CD2442A3 (resized).jpeg

2CF25895-CCA0-4ED6-B68B-3411EAF7AA4C (resized).jpeg2CF25895-CCA0-4ED6-B68B-3411EAF7AA4C (resized).jpeg

717AEB2F-C4A0-466C-9E43-890D825B1F91 (resized).jpeg717AEB2F-C4A0-466C-9E43-890D825B1F91 (resized).jpeg

72141084-1A6E-4CDB-A4E6-8BE2C5228EC7 (resized).jpeg72141084-1A6E-4CDB-A4E6-8BE2C5228EC7 (resized).jpeg

B686134F-738D-454A-B578-A8A6FA751AFA (resized).jpegB686134F-738D-454A-B578-A8A6FA751AFA (resized).jpeg

#7926 6 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I was worried that I might be “over modding” but I love every addition to my game and none of it seems over the top...
My Premium BM66 =:
Plastic protectors
Magnet protector
Bat signal
Atomic pile
Batmobile
Bat boat
Bat cave upgrades around the spinner
Magenta led over the play field
Clear led SDTM
Batman parachute pick up service van
External bat signal
Bat copter
Shaker moter
External volume control
It all fits so well!

It looks very nice, I like them all! I wanted to see the Bat-Copter too

#7927 6 years ago

4B927EE4-0A71-4646-9ECF-CBFACE8D645A (resized).jpeg4B927EE4-0A71-4646-9ECF-CBFACE8D645A (resized).jpeg

#7928 6 years ago

Got sent this earlier, gave me a good laugh at work so thought I would share, enjoy

E6E315C2-893D-4CF9-9BC7-9280BAF47438 (resized).jpegE6E315C2-893D-4CF9-9BC7-9280BAF47438 (resized).jpeg

#7929 6 years ago

Ok.....if I break down and buy a Batcopter, what was the consensus on the best version? Starting to like the look.....thanks, fellow Batfans!!!!....mark

#7930 6 years ago

Ok, Received the repair kit from Stern today and installed it. Also updated to the new code. Turned the game on and neither of the slingshots light up, looks like the lower half of the board is missing some lighting. Game works, no error codes? Checked everything plugged in. Any ideas? Sorry bout the bad pic.

IMG_4788 (resized).jpgIMG_4788 (resized).jpg

#7931 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

Ok, Received the repair kit from Stern today and installed it. Also updated to the new code. Turned the game on and neither of the slingshots light up, looks like the lower half of the board is missing some lighting. Game works, no error codes? Checked everything plugged in. Any ideas? Sorry bout the bad pic.

Unplug the caps you just installed and see if it’s the last thing you did. My guess is you plugged them in the wrong holes.

#7932 6 years ago

I only received one Capacitor, unplugged it from Node 8 and plugged the original molex back in, still nothing. Is there a fuse for that section? The lights on top of the slingshots flash when game is off, just none of the bulbs on either side work.

#7933 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

I'd try to re-download/ re-install code. Big freakin file(s) maybe something didn't transfer. Hopefully, board didn't get damaged.

Note - Chas just sent me my second capacitor fix today...remember to request (2x) sets..you would think they would put them together....

#7934 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ok.....if I break down and buy a Batcopter, what was the consensus on the best version? Starting to like the look.....thanks, fellow Batfans!!!!....mark

The hallmark ornament is the best by far.

#7935 6 years ago

Ok, I will try that. I looked underneath and have two small flashing yellow lights on node board 8 and 9, I think it is right at CN11? No idea

#7936 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The hallmark ornament is the best by far.

Is that the same as the eaglemoss, or even better?

(sorry for rehashing an old topic)

#7937 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Is that the same as the eaglemoss, or even better?

It's the one in the post here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/158#post-4163473

Has a mini batman and robin in the cockpit. Construction is much nicer, too.

#7938 6 years ago

So, I got a premium and I have to say, with Lyman on the code and where it is, this game is going to rate up there with TWD and MET for me. The only thing that is bad is the left orbit. I searched and moved my Catwoman wire more underneath so it isn't in the way, but I never get a smooth shot. Sometimes it seems to hit the end of the ball guide, which is on the right of the ball, further up the loop. Do you guys get this? Is there anything else to try? Most of the other shots feel smooth but that one just doesn't. I hesitate moving the blue bumper because there seems to be enough room for the ball, but its just not smooth.

Thanks in advance.

#7939 6 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

So, I got a premium and I have to say, with Lyman on the code and where it is, this game is going to rate up there with TWD and MET for me. The only thing that is bad is the left orbit. I searched and moved my Catwoman wire more underneath so it isn't in the way, but I never get a smooth shot. Sometimes it seems to hit the end of the ball guide, which is on the right of the ball, further up the loop. Do you guys get this? Is there anything else to try? Most of the other shots feel smooth but that one just doesn't. I hesitate moving the blue bumper because there seems to be enough room for the ball, but its just not smooth.
Thanks in advance.

Moving the blue bumper to the inside helped a LOT, IMO.

#7940 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/158#post-4163473

Looks great!!!..price is right too...thanks!!!!

#7941 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Moving the blue bumper to the inside helped a LOT, IMO.

Ok, maybe I’ll try it. Thanks!

#7942 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Looks great!!!..price is right too...thanks!!!!

Wow, I didn't realize they had clearanced them to $7.50! I think I paid like $20 and it was worth it at that price!

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/batman-classic-tv-series-batcopter-ornament-2995QXI3065.html

#7943 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, I didn't realize they had clearanced them to $7.50! I think I paid like $20 and it was worth it at that price!
https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/batman-classic-tv-series-batcopter-ornament-2995QXI3065.html

Insane!!! I'm bidding on one for $13.00...if I lose, I'll call around tomorrow...Merry Christmas!!!

#7944 6 years ago

This pin on .85 code is insane! It is quickly becoming my all time favorite game.

7C6A0962-6045-4A95-B75C-8245458049E8 (resized).png7C6A0962-6045-4A95-B75C-8245458049E8 (resized).png

#7945 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This pin on .85 code is insane! It is quickly becoming my all time favorite game.

If it ain't Lyman, it ain't rhymin'.

#7946 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How and where did you install this

#7947 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How and where did you install this

It's in the picture of that linked post. Just replaced the stock batcopter over the left ramp return with the much nicer hallmark batcopter.

#7949 6 years ago

I think most of us were expecting it anyways but in this afternoons Stern of the Union address they said another Batman66 update will come out this month.

Lets hope for Tut and Bookworm added along with Batusi mode.

#7950 6 years ago

Hi everyone, I am looking to pick up a BM66, just wondering if the game play is the same in all 3 versions? It looks like it is the same and the differences are all cosmetic and Limited of course. Is this correct?

Thanks, Dave

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 159 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/159?hl=airplanequartet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.