IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 374.
#7851 6 years ago

new mini villain mode

#7852 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

new mini villain mode

How to qualify?

#7853 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What do you mean with « I used a gadget »?
Another question: what is the use of lockbar button? Only points?

You answered your own question.....the button activates a gadget. It's not super clear what gadgets do what at the moment, but they definitely do something other than points (like award a shot etc).

#7854 6 years ago

pick up the three TV buttons on the right hand side, then send the ball round the left loop and select shame on the TV Screen.

#7855 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The channel changing really comes in handy now, because I want to watch and listen to the new modes, so I have the ability to do that.

I am running .85 code and I still havnt figured out how to use the channel changing, how do you activate it? There is a lot going on in this game and I see how I can select a minor villain ect, but I have not been able to figure out how to activate channel changing.. I only have about 10 games on the new code. :thinking

#7856 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

<blockquote\>
The channel changing really comes in handy now, because I want to watch and listen to the new modes, so I have the ability to do that.
I am running .85 code and I still havnt figured out how to use the channel changing, how do you activate it? There is a lot going on in this game and I see how I can select a minor villain ect, but I have not been able to figure out how to activate channel changing.. I only have about 10 games on the new code.

Keep the button pressed down for about a second and you'll see the grey tv screen changing channels

#7857 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Keep the button pressed down for about a second and you'll see the grey tv screen changing channels

Ok can I do this anytime or only when I start a mode?

#7858 6 years ago

Anytime, changing it back and forth

#7859 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

It's like going to a concert and the house lights stay on for the show. Some people might like that, but I prefer maximum light show.

Silly comparison. Stage shows are ... shows. Pinball is ... pinball.

Turn on the lights and watch your scores go up. Bet you $10.

rd

#7860 6 years ago

Yeah, you can "channel surf" in BM66 .

#7861 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Anytime, changing it back and forth

Ok apparently I have no channel changing ability, my action button on the lock bar works for launching the ball and using gadgets but when I hold it down nothing happens no matter if I have just started a mode or have just plunged my first ball. What am I doing wrong, is there a setting in the menu to turn channel changing on? I am running .85 code

#7862 6 years ago

You have to have at least 2 modes running simultaneously to be able to switch between them.

#7863 6 years ago

Ok apparently I have no channel changing ability, my action button on the lock bar works for launching the ball and using gadgets but when I hold it down nothing happens no matter if I have just started a mode or have just plunged my first ball. What am I doing wrong, is there a setting in the menu to turn channel changing on? I am running .85 code

Either you don't have two modes running to change between or your action button is intermittent. Have you tested it in switch test to see if holding it keeps it solid in switch test mode?

#7864 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

You have to have at least 2 modes running simultaneously to be able to switch between them.

Ok that is what I was not understanding, I didn’t have two modes running. I just changed channels on my last game.. super cool! Thanks for the help guys!

#7865 6 years ago

What's fun is when you get 4-5 tvs going, then you can really surf it up.

#7866 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I’m trying pinstadium lighting too
Yelo what did you do to your Atomic pile in that pic!

Lol. I did the Stadium lighting before all the mods. Since then I have Stern box of misfit toys. Lol

#7867 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What do you mean with « I used a gadget »?
Another question: what is the use of lockbar button? Only points?

Periodically during the game you earn utility belt gadgets by complete spelling "gadget" by hitting the standup letters on the left side, or being rewarded one from the top saucer. You'll know because the center button will start flashing. Hit that button and it'll complete an extra shot towards completing the mode, maybe a multiball lock, or perhaps re-add a just drained ball, etc.

Shame is a "minor" villain, the cowboy. His mode is a two ball multiball. To start it you have to hit the saucer at the top of the game when it has a "minor" villain loaded. The TV standups/inserts on the right below the scoop are the way to minor villains and you'll know because a TV insert on the left orbit will light. When you cleanly shoot the left orbit after that and end up in the saucer you'll get the opportunity to cycle between the "minor" villains and use the center button to select Shame. You can earn Shame that way whether you're in a "major" villain mode or not.

It's gonna take a lot of work to write up the rules to this game when it's finished.

#7868 6 years ago

I really want to add the Atomic Pyle mod but I have the batchopper sitting on my TV and it is wired so that the blades spins when the turntable spins. Not sure if the chopper will clear the AP mod, I may just have to order it and see if I can make both fit as I love the lit chopper with spinning blades but only so many places it can go.

E471795D-9D63-42C0-B8D1-D1D326A380F0 (resized).jpegE471795D-9D63-42C0-B8D1-D1D326A380F0 (resized).jpeg

#7869 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

What's fun is when you get 4-5 tvs going, then you can really surf it up.

Heck yeah! I've only had three little TVs up at the same time so far and it was awesome, I was shooting anything I could and praying not to drain. This game takes stacking modes to a super level.

#7870 6 years ago

I really want to add the Atomic Pyle mod but I have the batchopper sitting on my TV and it is wired so that the blades spins when the turntable spins. Not sure if the chopper will clear the AP mod, I may just have to order it and see if I can make both fit as I love the lit chopper with spinning blades but only so many places it can go.

I see your game is missing the free Stern clear shield over the ramp. I strongly suggest you give it a try as it’s free and it also helps with that round pad you have in the back of the ramp to eliminate vibration. The kit includes a firm mount to beef it up. Oh and it’s free. Lol. As for the copter playing nice with the Atomic Pile? That would be your call. I suspect unless you rotate the copter the tail I suspect would hit or be In the Atomic Pile. As the copter is simple wire mounted seems like a simple move. I doubt Batman landed the copter in the Batcave often anyway. Lol

#7871 6 years ago

Still have plenty of room for the new Bat phone with Shakespeare bust. New Batmobile /Batcave spinner and the Bat computers panels to cover the wiring.

#7872 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I see your game is missing the free Stern clear shield over the ramp. I strongly suggest you give it a try as it’s free and it also helps with that round pad you have in the back of the ramp to eliminate vibration. The kit includes a firm mount to beef it up. Oh and it’s free.

If he's missing that, he's probably also missing the stainless diverter that goes near the bottom of the plastic that covers the GADGET area...also a free fix.

#7873 6 years ago

@Conctretehardt I remember your machine from Piperpinball. He did a ton of modding to that machine. I wonder why he sold it?

#7874 6 years ago

Can I ask you guys why you upgrade the bat phone? It seems pretty nice. Maybe just needs the center button to be painted or something...what am I missing?

#7875 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Can I ask you guys why you upgrade the bat phone? It seems pretty nice. Maybe just needs the center button to be painted or something...what am I missing?

Not a big fan of Stern's dog chew toy Bat phone. Yelobird's smaller phone with the additional Shakespeare bust look MUCH better.

IMAG0761 (resized).jpgIMAG0761 (resized).jpg

#7876 6 years ago

Not a big fan of Stern's dog chew toy Bat phone. Yelobird's smaller phone with the additional Shakespeare bust look MUCH better.

I like the bust but the phone looks like it’s made from legos? Kinda an 8 bit vibe?

#7877 6 years ago

Still have plenty of room for the new Bat phone with Shakespeare bust. New Batmobile /Batcave spinner and the Bat computers panels to cover the wiring.

My wallet is shrinking

#7878 6 years ago

When you choose "shame" the mode triggers a multy ball action to complete! I wasn't ready for that one

#7879 6 years ago

@Conctretehardt I remember your machine from Piperpinball. He did a ton of modding to that machine. I wonder why he sold it?

I had been trying to get PP to let go of his BMLE for a long time! I think he had other incoming games and projects he was working on so we were finally able to work a deal.

#7880 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If he's missing that, he's probably also missing the stainless diverter that goes near the bottom of the plastic that covers the GADGET area...also a free fix.

So to get the free fixes from Stern can I just email Chas? What exactly should I ask for? Thanks in advance for any help.

#7881 6 years ago

I like the bust but the phone looks like it’s made from legos? Kinda an 8 bit vibe?

You're definitely in the minority.

#7882 6 years ago

So to get the free fixes from Stern can I just email Chas? What exactly should I ask for? Thanks in advance for any help.

You just want the left ramp kit and the stainless deflector for the bottom of the plastic that covers the gadget targets. The deflector is pictured installed at the bottom of Batgirl's feet in the picture I've attached.

While you're at it, ask for the kits for SB 189 and SB 190 if you haven't already to update your node boards so they don't die or create phantom switch hits.

stainless-diverter (resized).jpgstainless-diverter (resized).jpg

I am too, then. Don't like the smaller 3D printed phone. The rotisserie is already kind of a cluttered mess and adding a bust and mini phone makes it even more cluttered. The effect is not great.

#7883 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You just want the left ramp kit and the stainless deflector for the bottom of the plastic that covers the gadget targets. The deflector is pictured installed at the bottom of Batgirl's feet in the picture I've attached.
While you're at it, ask for the kits for SB 189 and SB 190 if you haven't already to update your node boards so they don't die or create phantom switch hits.

Thanks!!

#7884 6 years ago

Is the phone smooth or is it blocky? It looks blocky. I was asking. Maybe it’s just the picture. Not trying to trigger you.

Apologies.

#7885 6 years ago

Is the phone smooth or is it blocky? It looks blocky. I was asking. Maybe it’s just the picture. Not trying to trigger you.
Apologies.

Yes it's blocky. That's my only criticism (if I had to have one) but it's to be expected with 3D printing. I wonder if you could lightly sand it? The old phone just looked out of place and bulky with the Atomic Pile mod. I'm pretty picky about what mods I install. Love the fact it leaves room for the Shakespeare bust. Plus it's nice and bright. Not all mods are for everyone. But so glad creative and talented people make these available for us.

#7886 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I am too, then. Don't like the smaller 3D printed phone. The rotisserie is already kind of a cluttered mess and adding a bust and mini phone makes it even more cluttered. The effect is not great.

We need a graph detailing mod popularity among BM66 owners!

#7887 6 years ago

Apologies.

Old phone was way too big imo. Small one looks much better for me, and red lighting looks crisper and brighter.

#7888 6 years ago

Kind of off topic here, but all 3d printing I have ever seen gets the kind of rough surface with the lines visible. I can understand why it happens, and I think Yelo's printing is the least visible of all the printing Ive seen - particularly his Atomic Pile mod.

But is there a way of eliminating the lines and instead getting a smooth surface or even gloss? For me the downside of 3d printing is that it looks 3d printed. I'm assuming its just the technology hasn't got there yet, but eventually will. Are there new printers that have addressed it yet? Kind of reminds me of the early printers where you could see the dots/squares.

#7889 6 years ago

Yes it's blocky. That's my only criticism (if I had to have one) but it's to be expected with 3D printing. I wonder if you could lightly sand it? The old phone just looked out of place and bulky with the Atomic Pile mod. I'm pretty picky about what mods I install. Love the fact it leaves room for the Shakespeare bust. Plus it's nice and bright. Not all mods are for everyone. But so glad creative and talented people make these available for us.

Got it.

Completely agree btw about folks making mods. Awesome. The batcave atomic pile area is so crammed I think I’ll stick with the larger phone for now. Even that can be hard to see sometimes.

#7890 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Old phone was way too big imo. Small one looks much better for me, and red lighting looks crisper and brighter.

That was the biggie for me.....@yelobird's Atomic Pile mod is really a nice centerpiece, but also squished the original batphone. With everything getting more "scale correct" back there, the phone then looked too big as well. New version is a bit sterile, but glows really nice, and coupled w the Bust looks great. He did a great job, imho, for that entire area, except needing a bit more horsepower, lighting wise, in the pile...easy fix.

Having the ramp wrap around it should keep these things intact....that is my only concern (but a minor one).....lots of ball action back there...

#7891 6 years ago

Got it.
Even that can be hard to see sometimes.

You just need to add spotlights that block the inserts.....you can see everything then..

#7892 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Kind of off topic here, but all 3d printing I have ever seen gets the kind of rough surface with the lines visible. I can understand why it happens, and I think Yelo's printing is the least visible of all the printing Ive seen - particularly his Atomic Pile mod.
But is there a way of eliminating the lines and instead getting a smooth surface or even gloss? For me the downside of 3d printing is that it looks 3d printed. I'm assuming its just the technology hasn't got there yet, but eventually will. Are there new printers that have addressed it yet? Kind of reminds me of the early printers where you could see the dots/squares.

My biggest concern with these is durability (remembering Mezel's clear winkie target for WOZ....whew).

#7893 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

You just need to add spotlights that block the inserts.....you can see everything then..

Ha! That’s what Mattel cars are for!!

#7894 6 years ago

The pin is fantastic now

Is Lyman really planning on filling in all 3 seasons of Minor Villains?

Really could end up being one of the greats

#7895 6 years ago

Ha! That’s what Mattel cars are for!!

LMAO.....too funny!!!!!

AND that's not just a mattel toy, its the parachute van!!!!( I'm staring at inserts now)

#7896 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If it is printed with ABS it can be Acetone washed to give it a gloss look. Also you can increase the resolution of the printer to minimize the lines.

#7897 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Really could end up being one of the greats

It's got the making of one, for sure...

#7898 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

If it is printed with ABS it can be Acetone washed to give it a gloss look. Also you can increase the resolution of the printer to minimize the lines.

Yelobird , do you print in ABS?

#7899 6 years ago

Any good gameplay videos out there to show current code? All I can find is old stuff from a year ago.

Rob

#7900 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Any good gameplay videos out there to show current code? All I can find is old stuff from a year ago.
Rob

Here's one of Neil's from a month ago. I'm sure he's working on a new video as we speak.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Palm Beach, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/158 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.