IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 374.
#7801 6 years ago

Is anyone having a problem downloading the new code. It keeps getting interrupted and stopping at 1.4 gb

#7802 6 years ago

So it sounds like the code contains all old content in addition to new content. I’d have thought all the video files would be stored in a location they could just be added to, not requiring an overwrite each time. Does this mean each update will continue to explode in size? I’m going to need a larger thumb drive. 1.0 is going to be huge!

I’ve only updated code twice now, it has hung up and needed to restart the update both times. Is this a common issue?

#7803 6 years ago

After the update to 0.85, my backglass leds do not function anymore, not in service mode and not in normal. I checked the brightness percentages and the cabling. Cabling goes directly to the CPU board so cannot do much there. I did unplug and reconnect them. I also took all power of the machine for 10 minutes.
Anybody have this problem also ?

I know they worked before the update because I took of the glass with the machine on. I do not recall if they were on as I updated as I first turned off the machine, put in the USB and it went straight to the update.

edit: the update went fine by the way, no problems whatsoever. I think it did not update the nodeboards this time after I recycled the power

#7804 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Thanks for the video extendo! Here's another that shows the channel changer slightly better. An awesome feature!
» YouTube video

It’s a bit of a sensory overload with all the video and mode options for me on this game! Can someone explain exactly how to activate he channel changing feature?

PS. The “Bat turn” mode is hilarious!

#7805 6 years ago

Bat turn is old!

Channel changing is simply pressing and holding the 'gadget' button and it'll change the channel for you.

My backbox hasn't changed at all in .85 Premium.

#7806 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

After the update to 0.85, my backglass leds do not function anymore, not in service mode and not in normal. I checked the brightness percentages and the cabling. Cabling goes directly to the CPU board so cannot do much there. I did unplug and reconnect them. I also took all power of the machine for 10 minutes.

Premium, LE or SLE? Might be relevant...

#7807 6 years ago

Just made the update...so long to do (download, unzip, put on the usb, updating). Never mind the most important is the game is great and is greater now.
Just wanted to see quickly this new code as I was busy to change songs on my Met and updated it.
Not only I succeeded to change the songs ( well written on dmd screen), but I did my best score on B66 with new code!

05675710-C50E-45A2-BF71-33773C592C7D (resized).jpeg05675710-C50E-45A2-BF71-33773C592C7D (resized).jpeg

#7808 6 years ago

ronaldvg have you tried a factory reset?

#7809 6 years ago

Lol. As soon as Bat turn starts I change the channel. Instant drain usually happens for me.

#7810 6 years ago

Has anyone added additional lighting for the bat cave/magnet area? It’s really dark with no spotlights up there. I added one near the beginning of the left orbit and it lights the area really well but it blocks the view of the mystery and toddler insert (pic soon).

Any other ideas?

#7811 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Has anyone added additional lighting for the bat cave/magnet area? It’s really dark with no spotlights up there. I added one near the beginning of the left orbit and it lights the area really well but it blocks the view of the mystery and toddler insert (pic soon).
Any other ideas?

I added the Pin Stadium Lighting ang it’s a completely different game. The art and every feature just pop out now. I recommend strongly for this game.

#7812 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I added the Pin Stadium Lighting ang it’s a completely different game. The art and every feature just pop out now. I recommend strongly for this game.

I can appreciate that but I’m looking for a $5 fix as opposed to spending hundreds.

#7813 6 years ago

Did anyone else notice a lot more magnet action from the Joker with this update? My game never had that much movement before.

#7814 6 years ago

Pinstadiums are really nice but I don't like the fact that you can see them from the side. And I don't like the reflection they make on BM66's metal ramps. Just my opinion though.

#7815 6 years ago

Pinstadiums are really nice but I don't like the fact that you can see them from the side. And I don't like the reflection they make on BM66's metal ramps. Just my opinion though.

I'm still in this camp....I just don't like the led rows on the side. The effect looks cool, but 100% of the pics I've seen the sides are just brighter (physics, of course), and can even see the led reflection on occasion.

Alot of people using them though, so may have to give one a shot...

#7816 6 years ago

Well..I had 2 left...decided to do the back of the cab for good measure.....

20180106_164337 (resized).jpg20180106_164337 (resized).jpg

#7817 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Can you post pictures of your game with the pinstadium lighting?

#7818 6 years ago

ronaldvg have you tried a factory reset?

Yes, I tried that also. It is an BM66 LE by the way.

#7819 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Well..I had 2 left...decided to do the back of the cab for good measure.....

Are they the Bally/William ones or the Data East/Stern ones?

#7820 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are they the Bally/William ones or the Data East/Stern ones?

The B/W ones Terry sells at Pinballife. I went w PinMonk approach using 3/4" course thread screws and tightbond glue....man make sure to tape your drillbit to proper depth if using this length...even w bracket, your almost all the way through....everything nice and snug now ( my cab was never split, but decided to play it safe)...

#7821 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The B/W ones Terry sells at Pinballife. I went w vireland approach using 3/4" course thread screws and tightbond glue....man make sure to tape your drillbit to proper depth if using this length...even w bracket, your almost all the way through....everything nice and snug now ( my cab was never split, but decided to play it safe)...

Since those are legit wood screws, you should only have to go in about halfway if you're pre-drilling. Better safe than sorry.

I really like having these brackets on, but it's lame that we have to add them after the fact, especially given the cost of even the Pros these days and the fact that Stern is cheaping out on even the cabinet wood now.

#7822 6 years ago

Ok here’s the spot I added. It does a great job but it’s pretty intrusive.

5EA7A025-ABE0-4533-B045-336A74C3EE0A (resized).jpeg5EA7A025-ABE0-4533-B045-336A74C3EE0A (resized).jpeg

Without:
D201F003-3543-4284-B627-837A0B2D355E (resized).jpegD201F003-3543-4284-B627-837A0B2D355E (resized).jpeg

With:
E1F1C97C-4553-439C-9A3D-B42328D42951 (resized).jpegE1F1C97C-4553-439C-9A3D-B42328D42951 (resized).jpeg

#7823 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Since those are legit wood screws, you should only have to go in about halfway if you're pre-drilling. Better safe than sorry.
I really like having these brackets on, but it's lame that we have to add them after the fact, especially given the cost of even the Pros these days and the fact that Stern is cheaping out on even the cabinet wood now.

Agreed....I drilled just over 1/2" and let the screw do the rest. Man, the wood felt soft to me. I'm not a carpenter guy, but am grateful there is now some decent steel in there. At least they didn't put pegs on this one.....really hated those things....

#7824 6 years ago

The game is kinda dark in the middle, period, for a Stern. You can see where I put mine...now plenty of light. I use spots on many of my Sterns (so do they). I cant see where you put the fixture itself, but the right height, coupled w the slings, looks pretty balanced....

20180106_202244 (resized).jpg20180106_202244 (resized).jpg

#7825 6 years ago

Here's my post from a few months ago...I added spotlights to the sling tops a while ago. Recently I've been trying to find the brightest bulbs I can to help brighten up the playfield. I added Comets Op-Max. They seemed better than what I was using but I still wasn't 100% satisfied. On a whim I decided to take off the diffused lens and holy crap what a difference! The light reaches all the way to the back of the playfield. Not sure if the Comet 1 Watt is brighter but I'm more than happy with the results. With the lens off they are very low profile so you don't see them from a player's perspective. You can see in the video how far the light reaches. The crane, Villain Vision and even the back left building are being lit. It might look too bright by the spots but that's just over exposure from my phone. Just wanted to share my results for anyone dealing with the same issue.

#7826 6 years ago

Here's my post from a few months ago...I added spotlights to the sling tops a while ago. Recently I've been trying to find the brightest bulbs I can to help brighten up the playfield. I added Comets Op-Max. They seemed better than what I was using but I still wasn't 100% satisfied. On a whim I decided to take off the diffused lens and holy crap what a difference! The light reaches all the way to the back of the playfield. Not sure if the Comet 1 Watt is brighter but I'm more than happy with the results. With the lens off they are very low profile so you don't see them from a player's perspective. You can see in the video how far the light reaches. The crane, Villain Vision and even the back left building are being lit. It might look too bright by the spots but that's just over exposure from my phone. Just wanted to share my results for anyone dealing with the same issue.
» YouTube video

Maybe it’s just the video but the bat cave area still looks super dark. That’s the only area that bothers me....

#7827 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The game is kinda dark in the middle, period, for a Stern. You can see where I put mine...now plenty of light. I use spots on many of my Sterns (so do they). I cant see where you put the fixture itself, but the right height, coupled w the slings, looks pretty balanced....

Wow, 5 spots??? Must be really well lit now.

You fully blocked a bunch of inserts so I’m not feeling so bad now!!

#7828 6 years ago

Maybe it’s just the video but the bat cave area still looks super dark. That’s the only area that bothers me....

Tastes vary that's for sure. It's definitely brighter than without the spots. Any light concentrated in one area will make everything else around it seem darker. My goal was to try and brighten the entire playfield cuz this game is generally dark. It's an issue for sure but I don't stare at artwork when I'm playing. I do like where you and MK6PIN put your one spot. If I didn't have my Batcopter there I'd try it. Have you thought about a hex post with it like MK did? I have my sling spots sitting on top of the plastic and the reflectors are always moving around especially during multiballs. I'm hoping some short posts might help.

#7829 6 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Can you post pictures of your game with the pinstadium lighting?

OK, here is the before and after for my Stadium light results. I personally see no glare and unless your laying face to glass its hard to see they are there. The biggest plus for me was (due to my room lighting) having this playfield lighting got rid of ALL glare on the playfield glass from monitor as well as overhead lighting. Fully controllable brightness via phone app. I Think I have them set to 60%(?) with 35% blue accent colors mixed. Worked for me but yes the price is a bear. Love the game so I wanted to make sure we enjoyed it.

IMG_9504 (resized).jpgIMG_9504 (resized).jpg

IMG_9506 (resized).jpgIMG_9506 (resized).jpg

#7830 6 years ago

Dang, all the latest posts in this thread focus on mods and cabinet brackets which makes me think no one is playing the new code. The new code is obscene! I've been a big critic of the game in the past, but now it's so intense with the latest code that I can hardly keep up with what is going on. Today, I had Villain Escape going with Bat Turn and Two Egg.....I think. I love those egg pops. I used a gadget as I drained in Joker mode and it gave me the ball back. I'm still not sure what really happened, but Holy Ball Save Batman, if that's what really happened. While I had a different vision for the game, I can see now that it's going to be a balls to the walls game, which is good in it's own right. I can't wait to see how this game ends up. There's no way someone who plays the current code can bitch about it now......and we probably still have Tut, Bookworm, Batgirl, and Batsui still in the hopper. I hope.

#7831 6 years ago

Updated the new code today and it's Batawesome. The 2 extra villains and multiball addition really add plenty of variety.

20180107_154853 (resized).jpg20180107_154853 (resized).jpg

#7832 6 years ago

Forgive the newbie question. Was playing today (after upgrading to .85 code and playing all last night) and the game shut down in the middle of play and now won’t turn back on. When turning on the power switch the LEDs on the CPU board come on for a brief moment and then fade out after a few seconds. Nothing on the LCD screen, no lights on the playfield, no noise at all.

I’ve tested the main power fuse and it’s ok. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

#7833 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Forgive the newbie question. Was playing today (after upgrading to .85 code and playing all last night) and the game shut down in the middle of play and now won’t turn back on. When turning on the power switch the LEDs on the CPU board come on for a brief moment and then fade out after a few seconds. Nothing on the LCD screen, no lights on the playfield, no noise at all.
I’ve tested the main power fuse and it’s ok. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks!

Grab a multimeter and check the power output from the power supply in the backbox with the power switch on.

#7834 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Grab a multimeter and check the power output from the power supply in the backbox with the power switch on.

Ok, i’m guessing I need to test on this connector (pictured). Any idea on which sockets on the connector I need to hook the multimeter to? Like I said...newbie. Thanks.

7858BA8E-9220-4241-AB27-1357D4F40963 (resized).jpeg7858BA8E-9220-4241-AB27-1357D4F40963 (resized).jpeg

#7835 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Ok, i’m guessing I need to test on this connector (pictured). Any idea on which sockets on the connector I need to hook the multimeter to? Like I said...newbie. Thanks.

Page 28 has the power supply outputs, but it looks like its for the pro so you'll probably have little guessing

#7836 6 years ago

Wow, 5 spots??? Must be really well lit now.
You fully blocked a bunch of inserts so I’m not feeling so bad now!!

I see all inserts perfectly when playing (?).none blocked....just showing an option for you...good luck

#7837 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Dang, all the latest posts in this thread focus on mods and cabinet brackets which makes me think no one is playing the new code. The new code is obscene! I've been a big critic of the game in the past, but now it's so intense with the latest code that I can hardly keep up with what is going on. Today, I had Villain Escape going with Bat Turn and Two Egg.....I think. I love those egg pops. I used a gadget as I drained in Joker mode and it gave me the ball back. I'm still not sure what really happened, but Holy Ball Save Batman, if that's what really happened. While I had a different vision for the game, I can see now that it's going to be a balls to the walls game, which is good in it's own right. I can't wait to see how this game ends up. There's no way someone who plays the current code can bitch about it now......and we probably still have Tut, Bookworm, Batgirl, and Batsui still in the hopper. I hope.

Playing the game almost exclusively now...so much to do, and Im seeing different vifeo clips everytime I play it.....My lighting mods have been on for months ( just snapped a pic), and took about an hour for peice of mind w the brackets...

#7838 6 years ago

Suggestion:
The villain escape can start with the 4 majors villains completed. In the video, we also see them with all minor villains escaping. I think this mini wizard mode must take in consideration the number of minor villains completed and so the jackpot value can vary in consequence.

#7839 6 years ago

Played the game yesterday for the first time extensively with the new code and I must say that it really is coming together very nicely. I loved all the new call-outs I heard. Amazing to hear the specific pinball calls by the real Batman and Robin. Amazing because it is funny that for me it really makes a difference if a generic voice actor or even a voice-a-like actor does them or the original actors.

I spent a lot of time thinking that this would be a turd whatever they did to it but I changed my mind completely and am happy that I have it back. As Catwoman says now in the clips, it is Purrrrrfect.

Now if only those backglass lights would work

#7840 6 years ago

I was playing Shame multiball where I drained one ball at the same time I hit the mystery scope and was awarded an add a ball. It put two balls back into the game so then I had a 3 ball multiball which was cool.

I do wish they would change the picture that comes up in the start of the catwoman mode which is a van in the back of an alleyway. Not sure of the meaning that picture but I was hoping for something with catwoman.

#7841 6 years ago

Just updated and tried out the new code. Game is really starting to come together.

IMG_20180107_090834256_BURST001 (resized).jpgIMG_20180107_090834256_BURST001 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180107_090818679 (resized).jpgIMG_20180107_090818679 (resized).jpg

#7842 6 years ago

Had some great games on the .85 code yesterday.

The 2 additional minor villains really add variety, and its exciting to think that there are a bunch more yet to come.

The channel changing really comes in handy now, because I want to watch and listen to the new modes, so I have the ability to do that.

All the additional clips and call outs are really starting to make the game stand out.

I realized, Batman66 has:

-thousands of TV show clips
-Original call outs from Adam West
-Original call outs from Burt Ward
-Original call outs from the announcer sound alike, who will do pinball specific call outs in that voice "Super Jackpot is lit... or is it?"
-Licensed music, Batman theme

This game will absolutely go down as the best theme integration ever for a pinball. It isn't missing anything.

#7843 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Had some great games on the .85 code yesterday.
The 2 additional minor villains really add variety, and its exciting to think that there are a bunch more yet to come.
The channel changing really comes in handy now, because I want to watch and listen to the new modes, so I have the ability to do that.
All the additional clips and call outs are really starting to make the game stand out.
I realized, Batman66 has:
-thousands of TV show clips
-Original call outs from Adam West
-Original call outs from Burt Ward
-Original call outs from the announcer sound alike, who will do pinball specific call outs in that voice "Super Jackpot is lit... or is it?"
-Licensed music, Batman theme
This game will absolutely go down as the best theme integration ever for a pinball. It isn't missing anything.

Theme integration is over the top on this one. Just goes to show what can happen when a company is all in on a license and the licenser is all in with the company. Shame it doesn't come together like this more often. Here's to hoping all of the Kapow licensed games can come close.

#7844 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I was playing Shame multiball where I drained one ball at the same time I hit the mystery scope and was awarded an add a ball.

Yes, mystery during multiball = add a ball.

Another great thing in the software: When you start a main villain, begin with the combo: penguin scoop -> left loop (orange arrows) then all these main villain shots will be 2x !!!

#7845 6 years ago

I’m trying pinstadium lighting too

Yelo what did you do to your Atomic pile in that pic!

#7846 6 years ago

Has anyone added additional lighting for the bat cave/magnet area? It’s really dark with no spotlights up there

I can appreciate that but I’m looking for a $5 fix as opposed to spending hundreds.

I can give you a $0 fix.

Turn your lights on. Install a dimmer switch if they’re too bright.

I can’t see this weird fascination with playing in the dark. Are you all cave dwellers?

rd

#7847 6 years ago

I can, I work, watch TV and everything possible without lights on. We even alternate days at work meetings where one day lights off one on after a vote.

#7848 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

What do you mean with « I used a gadget »?

Another question: what is the use of lockbar button? Only points?

#7849 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I can give you a $0 fix.
Turn your lights on. Install a dimmer switch if they’re too bright.
I can’t see this weird fascination with playing in the dark. Are you all cave dwellers?
rd

It's like going to a concert and the house lights stay on for the show. Some people might like that, but I prefer maximum light show.

#7850 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I was playing Shame multiball where I drained one ball at the same time I hit the mystery scope and was awarded an add a ball. It put two balls back into the game so then I had a 3 ball multiball which was cool.
I do wish they would change the picture that comes up in the start of the catwoman mode which is a van in the back of an alleyway. Not sure of the meaning that picture but I was hoping for something with catwoman.

What is shame MB?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/157 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.