IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 374.
#7751 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Just joined the BM66 club today! What a great game! I was surprised that the game I received has a December 20, 2017 manufacture date!

Good sign for sales figures I would think if they don’t have a lot of old inventory sitting in warehouses. Seems to be heightened interest with the latest code updates. Out of curiosity, what distributor did you order from? I’m assuming it was drop shipped from Stern with a manufacture date that recent.

#7752 6 years ago

Does anyone know the MAP $ on BM66 Premium?

#7753 6 years ago

.85 code up this evening about 20 minutes ago.

#7754 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

.85 code up this evening about 20 minutes ago.

awesome thanks for the heads up!

#7755 6 years ago

It's downloading slooooowwwwly.

#7756 6 years ago

Added modes for minor villains Shame and Mad Hatter it would seem. Along with a few minor fixes.

#7757 6 years ago

It looks like some decent progress from the "read me"......if I can ever finish downloading it (looks like a 30 minute download for me right now). Without King Tut and Bookworm though, I hope this isn't our last update before Lyman cuts over to Elvira. Also......please don't......forget......Batgirl!

#7758 6 years ago

Here's what's new:

V0.85.0 - Jan. 4, 2018
======================

- Added SHAME mode:
- 2 ball multiball.
- GADGET and TV targets lit (two GADGET, one TV).
- Pop bumpers cycle lit targets.
- All switches score and add to the target values.
- Once 4 targets are made, two shots are lit, one on the left side
and one on the right side; each shot scores the target value.
- Seven shots (adjustable) to complete the mode; multiball does not
end.
- Added MAD HATTER mode:
- Two shots lit (random).
- Every 10 seconds (adjustable), if a shot is not made, a new shot
is added.
- Complete all shots in this stage to advance to the next stage.
- Fixed an issue where the small TVs for channel changing would possibly
not appear on ball 2 or later in a multi-player game for some players.
- Fixed an issue where the static on the small TVs for channel changing
would possibly run indefinitely.
- Re-balanced some sounds and speech.
- Changed some minor villain video clips in attract mode to remove
talking with no speech.
- Removed the ability (via adjustments) to stack lighting the jackpot
shot for the EGGHEAD mode. The jackpot can be lit one time only.
- Reworked small TV art:
- Increased spacing between small TVs.
- Increased visibility of timers.
- Static layer moved to cover text layer so text will not show on
top of static.
- Added high scores for MAD HATTER, and SHAME modes.
- Stern logo rendered over city-scape background so pricing and credits
can be seen.
- Fixed an issue with the Villain Escape where the gadget would not award
a CRANE shot if only CRANE shots were available.
- Added adjustments to carry over the GADGET and TV targets (default: YES).
- Changed flipper blowoff for mystery such that it instantly displays the
mystery award.

http://sternpinball.com/game-code

#7759 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Just joined the BM66 club today! What a great game! I was surprised that the game I received has a December 20, 2017 manufacture date!

Awesome welcome to the club! Be sure to read the 2 service bulletins from Stern and check out Yelobird and docquest must have mods.

#7760 6 years ago

Holy sneaky code updates. Is Shame a minor villain?

#7761 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Good sign for sales figures I would think if they don’t have a lot of old inventory sitting in warehouses. Seems to be heightened interest with the latest code updates. Out of curiosity, what distributor did you order from? I’m assuming it was drop shipped from Stern with a manufacture date that recent.

It was indeed drop shipped from stern. I ordered from Larry at Flippinout Pinball. He is super guy to deal with and very helpful. I had never heard of him until I saw his ad on the SDTM show. I like the show and thought I would/should give its sponsor a chance. Larry went above and beyond and is now my go to dealer! I have bought several NIB pins from various other dealers and this was the best transaction, by far!! I highly recommend Larry!

#7762 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

It was indeed drop shipped from stern. I ordered from Larry at Flippinout Pinball. He is super guy to deal with and very helpful. I had never heard of him until I saw his ad on the SDTM show. I like the show and thought I would/should give its sponsor a chance. Larry went above and beyond and is now my go to dealer! I have bought several NIB pins from various other dealers and this was the best transaction, by far!! I highly recommend Larry!

Just curious, with your more recent build date, does your new BM66 Premium have cabinet corner brackets installed?

#7763 6 years ago

Cool that we got an update.

.85 tells us really where Lyman thinks it is. I'll take the .85, rather than a "1.0" that doesn't feel complete, knowing there is more to come.

#7764 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Awesome welcome to the club! Be sure to read the 2 service bulletins from Stern and check out Yelobird and Docquest must have mods.

Service Bulletins were form November - He should be fine with a December date.

#7765 6 years ago

Feedback from you guys : ever since the Joker mode got fleshed out a few updates ago, I’m finding it very difficult to complete both orange shots as soon as his mode begins. The batmobile spinner counts as a qualifying shot in his mode progress and cancels out any orange shots available. Since the entire turntable has to rotate once you start his mode, I can stand completely away from the machine and not touch it, and the turntable moving into position will jar the batmobile spinner just enough to almost always register a hit.

We all know that it doesn’t line itself up correctly very often so any slight movement or bump will cause it to register a hit and cancel the orange shots.

If Lyman reads this, might I suggest removing the batmobile spinner as a valid shot on Joker mode until after one other purple qualifying shot is hit and turn spinner back to valid. It would eliminate all the spinner registers killing orange shot chances.

#7766 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Feedback from you guys : ever since the Joker mode got fleshed out a few updates ago, I’m finding it very difficult to complete both orange shots as soon as his mode begins. The batmobile spinner counts as a qualifying shot in his mode progress and cancels out any orange shots available. Since the entire turntable has to rotate once you start his mode, I can stand completely away from the machine and not touch it, and the turntable moving into position will jar the batmobile spinner just enough to almost always register a hit.
We all know that it doesn’t line itself up correctly very often so any slight movement or bump will cause it to register a hit and cancel the orange shots.
If Lyman reads this, might I suggest removing the batmobile spinner as a valid shot on Joker mode until after one other purple qualifying shot is hit and turn spinner back to valid. It would eliminate all the spinner registers killing orange shot chances.

[email protected]

#7767 6 years ago

I finally got my game updated so here's my two cents. No node board problems with update, though it was slow, but that could be the frigid temperatures. I didn't do the last update due to my schedule in December, but I'm glad I did this one. After a couple of games I can confirm that Shame and Mad Hatter are in the game and Shame is a great two ball multiball, which was cool with some running cattle vids. Riddler still did not give me the option to advance or check out, unless I missed it. I think I was able to start Mad Hatter without being in a villain mode, which was a surprise and was pretty cool if that's the case, though it seemed inferior to the other minor villains unless I was distracted playing pinball. I wish the main multiball had some obvious objective rather than everything being lit, but that's been the case since the beginning. That multiball is okay, but it seems to be missing something. The S/W update loads with pretty loud volume, just FYI. I like it a lot and I've been pretty critical of the game. I just hope that we get the two remaining minor villains, Batgirl and a few more tricks besides the minor villains in another update before Lyman cuts to Elvira or whatever.

#7768 6 years ago

I'm still waiting on Villain Vision to actually show video footage of villains (taunting the player would be awesome!), but the further along in code we get the more I feel that the TV will only be used for still images rather than video footage. Does anyone have any inside knowledge/rumours on what the final use for Villain Vision will be?

#7769 6 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

It was indeed drop shipped from stern. I ordered from Larry at Flip-n-out Pinball. He is super guy to deal with and very helpful. I had never heard of him until I saw his ad on the SDTM show. I like the show and thought I would/should give its sponsor a chance. Larry went above and beyond and is now my go to dealer! I have bought several NIB pins from various other dealers and this was the best transaction, by far!! I highly recommend Larry!

rs812 is spot-on. Larry at Flipinout is fantastic. Never bought a pin from him, but have most his Escalera stuff. Drove to his place a couple years ago to get the Escalera and was totally impressed.

#7770 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Does anyone have any inside knowledge/rumours on what the final use for Villain Vision will be?

Not unless one of us is secretly Lyman ...

#7771 6 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Just curious, with your more recent build date, does your new BM66 Premium have cabinet corner brackets installed?

It does not, which makes no sense at all.

#7772 6 years ago

Glad to finally see some Shame action!

#7773 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I finally got my game updated so here's my two cents. No node board problems with update, though it was slow, but that could be the frigid temperatures. I didn't do the last update due to my schedule in December, but I'm glad I did this one. After a couple of games I can confirm that Shame and Mad Hatter are in the game and Shame is a great two ball multiball, which was cool with some running cattle vids. Riddler still did not give me the option to advance or check out, unless I missed it. I think I was able to start Mad Hatter without being in a villain mode, which was a surprise and was pretty cool if that's the case, though it seemed inferior to the other minor villains unless I was distracted playing pinball. I wish the main multiball had some obvious objective rather than everything being lit, but that's been the case since the beginning. That multiball is okay, but it seems to be missing something. The S/W update loads with pretty loud volume, just FYI. I like it a lot and I've been pretty critical of the game. I just hope that we get the two remaining minor villains, Batgirl and a few more tricks besides the minor villains in another update before Lyman cuts to Elvira or whatever.

Biggest issues I have is the Batmobile spinner never seems to center when I need a shot. Have to hit it several times to get it to center before I try a qualifying shot. Very annoying. Other issue is I can never seem to hit that left orbit on a consistent basis to light the Bat signal. But code won't fix that!

#7774 6 years ago

Biggest issues I have is the Batmobile spinner never seems to center when I need a shot. Have to hit it several times to get it to center before I try a qualifying shot. Very annoying.

I have the same issue.

Funny thing is Gomez made several comments about the spinner, “learning lessons” from Avengers and “not making the same mistake twice”, gotto give it to George he’s certainly talked a good talk regarding BM66.

#7775 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have the same issue.
Funny thing is Gomez made several comments about the spinner, “learning lessons” from Avengers and “not making the same mistake twice”, gotto give it to George he’s certainly talked a good talk regarding BM66.

Well its a little better than Avenvers since that one has no magnet at all so it is rarely centered. At least the one on Batman sometimes will center itself. Maybe his next game with a spinner will center itself all the time.

I havent looked at how the self centering works. Maybe a stronger magnet could be put in there to make it self center more often? Its probably a delicate balance to get it to self center and also spin freely when you whack it hard.

#7776 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well its a little better than Avenvers since that one has no magnet at all so it is rarely centered. At least the one on Batman sometimes will center itself. Maybe his next game with a spinner will center itself all the time.
I havent looked at how the self centering works. Maybe a stronger magnet could be put in there to make it self center more often? Its probably a delicate balance to get it to self center and also spin freely when you whack it hard.

I wonder if there is a way to adjust the centering mech, mine seems to center itself every time.

#7777 6 years ago

two quick questions guys:

1) which corner brackets should I use to shore up the front joints?
2) My magnet only catches the ball (when hitting batphone) MAYBE 20% of the time. Whats going on?

Thanks a million

#7778 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

two quick questions guys:
1) which corner brackets should I use to shore up the front joints?
2) My magnet only catches the ball (when hitting batphone) MAYBE 20% of the time. Whats going on?
Thanks a million

1. The Bally/Williams style ones from Pinball Life. I also added a couple off the shelf brackets from Home Depot near the top. Note the corners had to be slightly cut to fit close to the top. Top brace was welded for added support and painted black to hide them. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

2. Mine is kinda the same way. Maybe your balls have become magnetized?

dc5d785c981b991c8b6533fcdf25a7e9f3f2e757 (resized).jpgdc5d785c981b991c8b6533fcdf25a7e9f3f2e757 (resized).jpg

#7779 6 years ago

1. The Bally/Williams style ones from Pinball Life. I also added a couple off the shelf brackets from Home Depot near the top. Note the corners had to be slightly cut to fit close to the top. Top brace was welded for added support and painted black to hide them. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144
2. Mine is kinda the same way. Maybe your balls have become magnetized?

Thanks! What size screws are people using? I'd hate to go through the cab, yikes!

As for the balls, perhaps. I ordered some new ones so we'll see...I've heard others say that it catches theirs @ about 50%...Still seems like a glitch they need to work on...

#7780 6 years ago

Thanks! What size screws are people using? I'd hate to go through the cab, yikes!
As for the balls, perhaps. I ordered some new ones so we'll see...I've heard others say that it catches theirs @ about 50%...Still seems like a glitch they need to work on...

I think the largest wood screws that will fit in the bracket holes are best. That way there will be no chance of the brackets shifting. Some are using 3/4" long screws. I played it safe and used 1/2" long screws. Didn't want to pierce the cab decals. I also used wood glue with each screw and shot some into the top corner joint under the lockdown.

#7781 6 years ago

I think the largest wood screws that will fit in the bracket holes are best. That way there will be no chance of the brackets shifting. Some are using 3/4" long screws. I played it safe and used 1/2" long screws. Didn't want to pierce the cab decals. I also used wood glue with each screw and shot some into the top corner joint under the lockdown.

I use 5/8" screws with small washers.. Pre drill the holes with undersized drill bit, I measure and wrap the drill bit with blue tape to keep from drilling the holes too deep.

On the magnet I am not getting much action either, I put Ninja chrome balls from the Ball Baron in my game from day 1 and now it has me wondering if those balls are magnet compatible?

#7782 6 years ago

Havent had a chance to install the new 0.85 in my machine yet but I took a quick look at it in pinball browser.

I was interested to see why the unzipped files were 2.8 Gigabytes bigger than the last code update. The size increase was due a TON of new video clips. The 84 codes had 4,595 video clips. The 85 release has 6757 video clips, thats a huge 47% increase in clips! I . Guess thats the benecit of having 120 episodes worth of video assests to choose from. The GOTG programmer must be envious.

I also noticed that there are multiple specific episode titles for all the major and minor villains. Could Lyman be planning on having multiple modes for the major or minor villains with different objectives based on the different episodes? For example selecting Shame in season 2 has a different objective than Shame in season 3?

There seems to be a lot of cool stuff added with each 0.01 or 0.02 increment in code number. Considering we are only up to 0.85 I can't wait to see what Lyman has up his sleeve going up to 1.0 code.

I'm starting to like this 2 weeks to a month code update schedule we've been having recently. It's like being subscribed to a pinball feature of the month club where we get a new feature every few weeks. As long as Lyman keeps coding I dont mind waiting.

robin_computer.gifrobin_computer.gif

#7783 6 years ago

The B/W leg plate is pretty thick, so using 3/4" worked fine for me and gives maximum grab.

Best actual wood screws I've found for this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M03T9SM
(check total depth on cabinet edge with leg plate against cabinet edge and hold screw up to it. If you're concerned about it poking through, use a washer with each screw)

Use Titebond 3 in each hole
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YQ3KA

#7784 6 years ago

I really hope Lyman will eventually use Batmobile footage from Seasons 2 & 3 with the flames shooting out of the turbine. Was never crazy about the Season 1 look.

#7785 6 years ago

I really hope Lyman will eventually use Batmobile footage from Seasons 2 & 3 with the flames shooting out of the turbine. Was never crazy about the Season 1 look.

I never noticed there being no flames in Season 1, when I watched most of this show I was probably too young to notice, I was just in awe of Batman and Robin jumping in the Batmobile.

#7786 6 years ago

Can someone check this?...

During a mode, there's a timer in a circle above your score.
On my game, that circle with the time is flickering. It looks weird.
Has other BM66 owners this also (new software)

#7787 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Can someone check this?...
During a mode, there's a timer in a circle above your score.
On my game, that circle with the time is flickering. It looks weird.
Has other BM66 owners this also (new software)

I was just going to mention this....it's new. I think just added yesterday with .85
I actually like it! Makes it far more noticeable

#7788 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I was just going to mention this....it's new. I think just added yesterday with .85
I actually like it! Makes it far more noticeable

It looks like a bug

#7789 6 years ago

It looks like a bug

It makes the countdown timer far more noticeable when it was easier to lose track of the countdown timer in the sea of other visual stimulation.
But of course that's a personal preference, I like it

#7790 6 years ago

It looks like a bug

Release notes says:

"Increased visibility of timers".

So I think that was done intentionally not a bug.

#7791 6 years ago

bug also fixed of displaying money needed when on freeplay

#7792 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The size increase was due a TON of new video clips. The 84 codes had 4,595 video clips. The 85 release has 6757 video clips, thats a huge 47% increase in clips!

WOW!!! Amazing news. This game will be in a league of its own.

I started the Mad Hatter mode and realized it's named after my LE (The Thirteenth Hat), which was cool.

Started the Shame mode, which is the 2 ball multiball, and it said it stacks on other multiballs.

#7793 6 years ago

Got 30 minutes on it last night.....WOW....cant wait to get home and play at length....

#7794 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

bug also fixed of displaying money needed when on freeplay

Noticed during my brief playtime that several volume levels had been corrected.....Mad Hatter Clips are sick!!!!

#7795 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The B/W leg plate is pretty thick, so using 3/4" worked fine for me and gives maximum grab.
Best actual wood screws I've found for this:
amazon.com link »
(check total depth on cabinet edge with leg plate against cabinet edge and hold screw up to it. If you're concerned about it poking through, use a washer with each screw)
Use Titebond 3 in each hole
amazon.com link »

Taking your approach this weekend..I'm going to do all 4 corners for symmetry sake. Not going to add the extra L bracket up top.....seems these brakets should be beefy enough to hold things together....

#7796 6 years ago

BM66 is starting to look like a really cool game!

Rob

#7797 6 years ago

Shame is a fun mode. Shooting for the side targets makes it crazy. I didn't hear any shame callouts, just the music.

All the points are still in Penguin mode.

#7798 6 years ago

There is a buzz that leans toward Kapow doing another very limited "boutique" !Possible Beatles title!No,not YS!!!

#7799 6 years ago

NVM, heard some shame callouts. Nice new minor villain modes. Freeze is the only real "power up" at the moment. It seems like if you beat the Mad Hatter you can replay another minor villain. I think that's what it says on screen?

The flashing timer is a bug. It flashes between regular and 'frozen' states.

#7800 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

There is a buzz that leans toward Kapow doing another very limited "boutique" !Possible Beatles title!No,not YS!!!

If Lyman isn't doing it, it doesn't matter

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 156 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/156 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.