IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 374.
#7701 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sounds like you were playing a code test machine. If so, this is GREAT news!! Looks like a significant update is right around the corner!

Wasn't it just the latest couple of code updates that greyed out the unused minor villians? I think the old code you could select them, just none of them did anything. I could be wrong on this.

Brian

#7702 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Wasn't it just the latest couple of code updates that greyed out the unused minor villians? I think the old code you could select them, just none of them did anything. I could be wrong on this.
Brian

Not quite sure either. Up until the last couple updates I just always took the points.

#7703 6 years ago

Yeah, older code (pre-.83) you could select all of them. It's more likely that they played older code vs pre-release code.

#7704 6 years ago

So Why only 2 minor villains are available in the latest code if they were playable in the previous one?

#7705 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So Why only 2 minor villains are available in the latest code if they were playable in the previous one?

They werent playable, you could simply select any of the minor villains in the older code (pre 0.83) they didn’t actually do anything.

The last couple of updates took the ability to select the minor villains away and the latest update added the option to select egghead and mr freeze who are both now playable.

#7706 6 years ago

Chas sending my other capacitor kit today...just email him....supposed to have 2 sets ...

#7707 6 years ago

Sounds like you were playing a code test machine. If so, this is GREAT news!! Looks like a significant update is right around the corner!

Not so sure.... If I remember correct, the Early software had All the villains not greyed out but none actually worked. My guess is the game he played was Really early code that the villains while there did not actually work. I could be wrong. Heres to Hoping the new code drops soon and all this becomes a happy memory. lol

#7708 6 years ago

they were never playable before. Only selectable. Now there are 2 playable.

#7709 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I think the old code you could select them, just none of them did anything.
Brian

In the old code it did do something but it was very minor. When you selected King Tut for example, the surround around the main LCD would be egyptian themed and it would play some egyptian style music. Thats about it.

#7710 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not so sure.... If I remember correct, the Early software had All the villains not greyed out but none actually worked. My guess is the game he played was Really early code that the villains while there did not actually work. I could be wrong. Heres to Hoping the new code drops soon and all this becomes a happy memory. lol

You're probably right. Been enjoying the newest code so much I forgot what was playable or not in previous versions.

#7711 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Chas sending my other capacitor kit today...just email him....supposed to have 2 sets ...

Ditto!

#7712 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Drats!!!! Batman concurs w your assessment...

#7713 6 years ago

Finally updating to .84 I just downloaded the code, do I need to unzip the file before I load the code into the game?

#7714 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Finally updating to .84 I just downloaded the code, do I need to unzip the file before I load the code into the game?

Yes you do.

#7715 6 years ago

When I email Chas, he don't want to send me anything.
"You have to ask your dealer" is his answer

#7716 6 years ago

Hi,
As I am new in the club, what is the story of this capacitor kit please?
Thanks

#7717 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Belgian dealer has already ordered quite a few of these kits and they're on the way

#7718 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have made the same experience. I mailed to Chas and Pat and got the same respond.
I´m the second owner of a affected game and he didn't want send to me anything.I´m very disapointed about the customer service from stern. They are not really interested in me as a customer.

A couple months ago I wrote a couple emails to stern about my ghostbusters game and a playfield issue. Until now I didn´t get any respond...

#7719 6 years ago

I read recently that customers outside the USA can only obtain parts through their distributor. I'm sure there's a logical explanation. Don't take it personally. Chas and Pat are 2 of the most helpful people you could ask for.

#7720 6 years ago

Hi,
As I am new in the club, what is the story of this capacitor kit please?
Thanks

Welcome to the club! The capacitor kit eliminates false switch alerts due to interference on the 48v power source. The node stabilization kit (or hot glue method) is to prevent node board failure by reinforcing the D9 diode connection. Both kits are for node boards 8 & 9.

#7721 6 years ago
Quoted from kugelfreund:

I have made the same experience. I mailed to Chas and Pat and got the same respond.
I´m the second owner of a affected game and he didn't want send to me anything.I´m very disapointed about the customer service from stern. They are not really interested in me as a customer.
A couple months ago I wrote a couple emails to stern about my ghostbusters game and a playfield issue. Until now I didn´t get any respond...

In Australia we deal directly with the distributor who is extremely helpful. Guessing it's the same one germany/Europe.

#7722 6 years ago

Welcome to the club! The capacitor kit eliminates false switch alerts due to interference on the 48v power source. The node stabilization kit (or hot glue method) is to prevent node board failure by reinforcing the D9 diode connection. Both kits are for node boards 8 & 9.

I read it was not for all the games. How to know if mine is concerned or not?
Thanks

#7723 6 years ago

I read it was not for all the games. How to know if mine is concerned or not?
Thanks

http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins

#7724 6 years ago

I read recently that customers outside the USA can only obtain parts through their distributor. I'm sure there's a logical explanation. Don't take it personally. Chas and Pat are 2 of the most helpful people you could ask for.

Does that mean any second hand owners that did not purchase directly through a dealer are SOL?

#7725 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does that mean any second hand owners that did not purchase directly through a dealer are SOL?

Can't speak for everyone but I know a couple members who had issues with their machine as the second owner. Stern took care of them.

#7726 6 years ago

Does the « Batman » insert below the escape villain mini wizard mod is coded? What is it?

Another question: in the escape villains, do the minor villains defeated are also qualified? That should be great to increase the value jackpot with the number of minor villains defeated.

Thanks

#7727 6 years ago

Is the capacitor kit useful if I don't have a shaker motor on my pin??I understand this is also necessary on GB as well!!!

#7728 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Is the capacitor kit useful if I don't have a shaker motor on my pin??I understand this is also necessary on GB as well!!!

Capacitor kit is a breeze to install.

#7729 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Not sure. I don't use shakers. Stern doesn't mention anything about shakers in their service bulletins. They recommend the kit so I'm putting it on.

#7730 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yes, the need for the capacitor update as well as the node board stabilization update is not solely for those with shaker motors. it is recommended for all.

#7731 6 years ago

One last question when I unzip the .84 code file it shows 3 separate files do I drag all 3 onto the memory stick to update game code?

EFF2389E-F34B-4CD4-BA4A-38C53E4A6540 (resized).jpegEFF2389E-F34B-4CD4-BA4A-38C53E4A6540 (resized).jpeg

#7732 6 years ago

yes put all 3 (or however many files are inside of the zip as it can vary update to update) directly onto the root of the USB drive. Making sure you only have those files on the drive. no zip or other files as they can interfere in the update.

#7733 6 years ago

One last question when I unzip the .84 code file it shows 3 separate files do I drag all 3 onto the memory stick to update game code?

yes. make sure USB is formatted FAT32 and there are no other files on it.

#7734 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

yes put all 3 (or however many files are inside of the zip as it can vary update to update) directly onto the root of the USB drive. Making sure you only have those files on the drive. no zip or other files as they can interfere in the update.

Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

yes. make sure USB is formatted FAT32 and there are no other files on it.

Thanks guys!
Man what a huge update! 3.95 GB

#7735 6 years ago

Thanks guys!
Man what a huge update! 3.95 GB

LCD screen...we ask stern more vids...we get them

#7736 6 years ago

Can't speak for everyone but I know a couple members who had issues with their machine as the second owner. Stern took care of them.

I am the second owner of my game and Stern has sent me replacement/repair parts with no issues.

#7737 6 years ago

To the Batstool!!! ( had to laugh as the dealer made his own comment)..

20180103_194210 (resized).jpg20180103_194210 (resized).jpg

20180103_194231 (resized).jpg20180103_194231 (resized).jpg

20180103_194216 (resized).jpg20180103_194216 (resized).jpg

#7738 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Capacitor kit is a breeze to install.

Is only one capacitor needed in either board or is one needed on each board?

#7739 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Apparently more recent games that came from the factory with the capacitor fix already installed have it on both node boards.

#7740 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Apparently more recent games that came from the factory with the capacitor fix already installed have it on both node boards.

Correct Doc.

Quoted from jfh:

Sutol and my replacement playfields built around November 2017 have capacitors on both boards.

#7741 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes one for each board. For some reason Stern only sent one. If you contact Chas he'll send you a second one. For those who glued their diodes instead...did you drape the glue over the top of the diode and the nearby transistor? Would shooting glue at the base of D9 work just as well?

#7742 6 years ago

I like the Bat stool...where did you get it?

#7743 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

To the Batstool!!! ( had to laugh as the dealer made his own comment)..

Now thats a nice loose bat stool!

#7744 6 years ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

I like the Bat stool...where did you get it?

ebay.com link: COMIC THEMES 24 26 28 TALL DOUBLE RING CHROME BAR STOOL WITH VINYL OPTION

did the vinyl on mine. made very well....

#7745 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Now thats a nice loose bat stool!

Actually a bit stiff right now...hoping it will loosen over time....

#7746 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

for $200 it better be!!!

#7747 6 years ago

I was shocked at how much furniture costs in general, actually

#7748 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was shocked at how much furniture costs in general, actually

Thank the bedbug outbreak of recent years. Lol

#7749 6 years ago

Thank the bedbug outbreak of recent years. Lol

Yikes!!! yeah, even crappy barstools cost the same, much less quality tables/ chairs, etc.

Quality on this pieve is very good, and I admit.....I enjoy sitting and playing on occasion....

#7750 6 years ago

Just joined the BM66 club today! What a great game! I was surprised that the game I received has a December 20, 2017 manufacture date!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 34.99
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.