By TigerLaw

1 year ago

Stats

• 8,145 posts - Hot topic!
  • 333 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by MK6PIN
  • Topic is favorited by 95 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,833 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9CB33C0B-561F-4D0B-AFF1-2AECAE028D79 (resized).jpeg
AFA15698-043D-4F54-9A1F-2B95A136C74F (resized).png
E31744B3-60B8-4EFE-A546-0341D802F7DA (resized).jpeg
1516247703794473751624 (resized).jpg
15162476788742052013247 (resized).jpg
1516247646646782421357 (resized).jpg
DSC_0083 (resized).JPG
F137F3D9-CD5F-4AC4-B60D-50918C99B262 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
1900x900_batmobile_53dad228cfc437.39159705 (resized).jpg
20180115_180927 (resized).jpg
20180115_181902 (resized).jpg
20180115_181856 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180114_100843 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180114_101009 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 8145 posts in topic. You are on page 155 of 163.
#7701 18 days ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Sounds like you were playing a code test machine. If so, this is GREAT news!! Looks like a significant update is right around the corner!

Wasn't it just the latest couple of code updates that greyed out the unused minor villians? I think the old code you could select them, just none of them did anything. I could be wrong on this.

Brian

#7702 18 days ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Wasn't it just the latest couple of code updates that greyed out the unused minor villians? I think the old code you could select them, just none of them did anything. I could be wrong on this.
Brian

Not quite sure either. Up until the last couple updates I just always took the points.

#7703 18 days ago

Yeah, older code (pre-.83) you could select all of them. It's more likely that they played older code vs pre-release code.

#7704 18 days ago

So Why only 2 minor villains are available in the latest code if they were playable in the previous one?

#7705 18 days ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

So Why only 2 minor villains are available in the latest code if they were playable in the previous one?

They werent playable, you could simply select any of the minor villains in the older code (pre 0.83) they didn’t actually do anything.

The last couple of updates took the ability to select the minor villains away and the latest update added the option to select egghead and mr freeze who are both now playable.

#7706 18 days ago

Chas sending my other capacitor kit today...just email him....supposed to have 2 sets ...

#7707 17 days ago

Sounds like you were playing a code test machine. If so, this is GREAT news!! Looks like a significant update is right around the corner!

Not so sure.... If I remember correct, the Early software had All the villains not greyed out but none actually worked. My guess is the game he played was Really early code that the villains while there did not actually work. I could be wrong. Heres to Hoping the new code drops soon and all this becomes a happy memory. lol

#7708 17 days ago

they were never playable before. Only selectable. Now there are 2 playable.

#7709 17 days ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I think the old code you could select them, just none of them did anything.
Brian

In the old code it did do something but it was very minor. When you selected King Tut for example, the surround around the main LCD would be egyptian themed and it would play some egyptian style music. Thats about it.

#7710 17 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Not so sure.... If I remember correct, the Early software had All the villains not greyed out but none actually worked. My guess is the game he played was Really early code that the villains while there did not actually work. I could be wrong. Heres to Hoping the new code drops soon and all this becomes a happy memory. lol

You're probably right. Been enjoying the newest code so much I forgot what was playable or not in previous versions.

#7711 17 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Chas sending my other capacitor kit today...just email him....supposed to have 2 sets ...

Ditto!

#7712 17 days ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Drats!!!! Batman concurs w your assessment...

#7713 17 days ago

Finally updating to .84 I just downloaded the code, do I need to unzip the file before I load the code into the game?

#7714 17 days ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Finally updating to .84 I just downloaded the code, do I need to unzip the file before I load the code into the game?

Yes you do.

#7715 17 days ago

When I email Chas, he don't want to send me anything.
"You have to ask your dealer" is his answer

#7716 17 days ago

Hi,
As I am new in the club, what is the story of this capacitor kit please?
Thanks

#7717 17 days ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Belgian dealer has already ordered quite a few of these kits and they're on the way

#7718 17 days ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I have made the same experience. I mailed to Chas and Pat and got the same respond.
I´m the second owner of a affected game and he didn't want send to me anything.I´m very disapointed about the customer service from stern. They are not really interested in me as a customer.

A couple months ago I wrote a couple emails to stern about my ghostbusters game and a playfield issue. Until now I didn´t get any respond...

#7719 17 days ago

I read recently that customers outside the USA can only obtain parts through their distributor. I'm sure there's a logical explanation. Don't take it personally. Chas and Pat are 2 of the most helpful people you could ask for.

#7720 17 days ago

Hi,
As I am new in the club, what is the story of this capacitor kit please?
Thanks

Welcome to the club! The capacitor kit eliminates false switch alerts due to interference on the 48v power source. The node stabilization kit (or hot glue method) is to prevent node board failure by reinforcing the D9 diode connection. Both kits are for node boards 8 & 9.

#7721 17 days ago
Quoted from kugelfreund:

I have made the same experience. I mailed to Chas and Pat and got the same respond.
I´m the second owner of a affected game and he didn't want send to me anything.I´m very disapointed about the customer service from stern. They are not really interested in me as a customer.
A couple months ago I wrote a couple emails to stern about my ghostbusters game and a playfield issue. Until now I didn´t get any respond...

In Australia we deal directly with the distributor who is extremely helpful. Guessing it's the same one germany/Europe.

#7722 17 days ago

Welcome to the club! The capacitor kit eliminates false switch alerts due to interference on the 48v power source. The node stabilization kit (or hot glue method) is to prevent node board failure by reinforcing the D9 diode connection. Both kits are for node boards 8 & 9.

I read it was not for all the games. How to know if mine is concerned or not?
Thanks

#7723 17 days ago

I read it was not for all the games. How to know if mine is concerned or not?
Thanks

http://www.sternpinball.com/service-bulletins

#7724 17 days ago

I read recently that customers outside the USA can only obtain parts through their distributor. I'm sure there's a logical explanation. Don't take it personally. Chas and Pat are 2 of the most helpful people you could ask for.

Does that mean any second hand owners that did not purchase directly through a dealer are SOL?

#7725 17 days ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Does that mean any second hand owners that did not purchase directly through a dealer are SOL?

Can't speak for everyone but I know a couple members who had issues with their machine as the second owner. Stern took care of them.

#7726 17 days ago

Does the « Batman » insert below the escape villain mini wizard mod is coded? What is it?

Another question: in the escape villains, do the minor villains defeated are also qualified? That should be great to increase the value jackpot with the number of minor villains defeated.

Thanks

#7727 17 days ago

Is the capacitor kit useful if I don't have a shaker motor on my pin??I understand this is also necessary on GB as well!!!

#7728 17 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Is the capacitor kit useful if I don't have a shaker motor on my pin??I understand this is also necessary on GB as well!!!

Capacitor kit is a breeze to install.

#7729 17 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Not sure. I don't use shakers. Stern doesn't mention anything about shakers in their service bulletins. They recommend the kit so I'm putting it on.

#7730 17 days ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Yes, the need for the capacitor update as well as the node board stabilization update is not solely for those with shaker motors. it is recommended for all.

#7731 17 days ago

One last question when I unzip the .84 code file it shows 3 separate files do I drag all 3 onto the memory stick to update game code?

EFF2389E-F34B-4CD4-BA4A-38C53E4A6540 (resized).jpeg

#7732 17 days ago

yes put all 3 (or however many files are inside of the zip as it can vary update to update) directly onto the root of the USB drive. Making sure you only have those files on the drive. no zip or other files as they can interfere in the update.

#7733 17 days ago

One last question when I unzip the .84 code file it shows 3 separate files do I drag all 3 onto the memory stick to update game code?

yes. make sure USB is formatted FAT32 and there are no other files on it.

#7734 17 days ago
Quoted from Sethman:

yes put all 3 (or however many files are inside of the zip as it can vary update to update) directly onto the root of the USB drive. Making sure you only have those files on the drive. no zip or other files as they can interfere in the update.

Quoted from jp335i:

yes. make sure USB is formatted FAT32 and there are no other files on it.

Thanks guys!
Man what a huge update! 3.95 GB

#7735 17 days ago

Thanks guys!
Man what a huge update! 3.95 GB

LCD screen...we ask stern more vids...we get them

#7736 16 days ago

Can't speak for everyone but I know a couple members who had issues with their machine as the second owner. Stern took care of them.

I am the second owner of my game and Stern has sent me replacement/repair parts with no issues.

#7737 16 days ago

To the Batstool!!! ( had to laugh as the dealer made his own comment)..

20180103_194210 (resized).jpg

20180103_194231 (resized).jpg

20180103_194216 (resized).jpg

#7738 16 days ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Capacitor kit is a breeze to install.

Is only one capacitor needed in either board or is one needed on each board?

#7739 16 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Apparently more recent games that came from the factory with the capacitor fix already installed have it on both node boards.

#7740 16 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

Apparently more recent games that came from the factory with the capacitor fix already installed have it on both node boards.

Correct Doc.

Quoted from jfh:

@sutol and my replacement playfields built around November 2017 have capacitors on both boards.

#7741 16 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes one for each board. For some reason Stern only sent one. If you contact Chas he'll send you a second one. For those who glued their diodes instead...did you drape the glue over the top of the diode and the nearby transistor? Would shooting glue at the base of D9 work just as well?

#7742 16 days ago

I like the Bat stool...where did you get it?

#7743 16 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

To the Batstool!!! ( had to laugh as the dealer made his own comment)..

Now thats a nice loose bat stool!

#7744 16 days ago
Quoted from 82Trooper:

I like the Bat stool...where did you get it?

ebay.com link » Comic Themes 24 26 28 Tall Double Ring Chrome Bar Stool With Vinyl Option

did the vinyl on mine. made very well....

#7745 16 days ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Now thats a nice loose bat stool!

Actually a bit stiff right now...hoping it will loosen over time.... :-)

#7746 16 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

for $200 it better be!!!

#7747 16 days ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

I was shocked at how much furniture costs in general, actually

#7748 16 days ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I was shocked at how much furniture costs in general, actually

Thank the bedbug outbreak of recent years. Lol

#7749 15 days ago

Thank the bedbug outbreak of recent years. Lol

Yikes!!! yeah, even crappy barstools cost the same, much less quality tables/ chairs, etc.

Quality on this pieve is very good, and I admit.....I enjoy sitting and playing on occasion....

#7750 15 days ago

Just joined the BM66 club today! What a great game! I was surprised that the game I received has a December 20, 2017 manufacture date!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Cabinet - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 24.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 8145 posts in topic. You are on page 155 of 163.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside