IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 374.
#7601 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Very happy for you but a little too late for my taste.

Yeh, way too long, but my hands were sort of tied since it had been shipped from US to Australia. Would have been expensive to return.

#7602 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, way too long, but my hands were sort of tied since it had been shipped from US to Australia. Would have been expensive to return.

Glad it worked out for you.

#7603 6 years ago

Here’s to hoping Lyman’s New Years resolution was to complete Batman 66 code to start the year fresh!!! Fingers crossed and still 4 days of vacation left!!!

Off question to the expert software extractor guru’s. Is the SLE code drop the same as the others or does (will) that contain triggers to excecute the personal name call out in time? So wish one of you software magicians could figure out a way to make that code executable on other machines ...

#7604 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

question to the expert software extractor guru’s. Is the SLE code drop the same as the others or does (will) that contain triggers to excecute the personal name call out in time?

Yes, the code is the same. I presume the code reads a value in ROM or some hardware config to get an SLE number to index into a table of original SLE owners. Then there is an optional call (i.e. If SLE number <> 0) at some point after the Batphone rings that has Adam saying "<owner first name>, answer the Batphone!" (Burt Ward has a different message; not sure if it's played at the same time).

#7605 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Here’s to hoping Lyman’s New Years resolution was to complete Batman 66 code to start the year fresh!!! Fingers crossed and still 4 days of vacation left!!!
Off question to the expert software extractor guru’s. Is the SLE code drop the same as the others or does (will) that contain triggers to excecute the personal name call out in time? So wish one of you software magicians could figure out a way to make that code executable on other machines ...

I don't think Stern is off all week. I had a warranty issue and chas replied yesterday, so they're definitely working at least part of the week.

#7606 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes, the code is the same. I presume the code reads a value in ROM or some hardware config to get an SLE number to index into a table of original SLE owners. Then there is an optional call (i.e. If SLE number <> 0) at some point after the Batphone rings that has Adam saying "<owner first name>, answer the Batphone!" (Burt Ward has a different message; not sure if it's played at the same time).

So with that said if someone buys a second hand SLE it will forever call out someone else’s name? Sounds like a date gone wrong lol.

#7607 6 years ago

Ok. I have a topper question. I am thinking of buying a premium. If I buy the topper, will I be able to add the projector and have all the game interactions the same as the LE/SLE? If I am correct, it uses node boards in the topper to drive the projector but I wasn't sure if the code was different for the premium vs LE/SLE.

If I can get full functionality with he topper then I would rather add the aftermarket projector but I wasn't sure if he Stern projector had any boards in it.

Thanks

#7608 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So with that said if someone buys a second hand SLE it will forever call out someone else’s name? Sounds like a date gone wrong lol.

Yes, but the difference is that the SLE second owner will be able to figure out the location of the audio clip that could be replaced with Pinball Browser. For non-SLE owners, it's harder because you would have to dup the code into thinking you have the SLE of the owner who'se callout you want to use. Either that or replace another call out with the custom one you want to use.

#7609 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Ok. I have a topper question. I am thinking of buying a premium. If I buy the topper, will I be able to add the projector and have all the game interactions the same as the LE/SLE? If I am correct, it uses node boards in the topper to drive the projector but I wasn't sure if the code was different for the premium vs LE/SLE.
If I can get full functionality with he topper then I would rather add the aftermarket projector but I wasn't sure if he Stern projector had any boards in it.
Thanks

The Stern Batsignal add on for Pre owners has node boards in it. If you buy Docs Batsignal projector instead it will only be able to turn on/off with the game power. The Pre topper doesn't do anything else but light up with game power. The Pre topper has no node boards with it. If you want Docs projector to be game interactive like turning on with the Batphone you'll have to buy Stern's projector and use its node boards with Docs projector like I did.

#7610 6 years ago

The Stern Batsignal has node boards in it. If you buy Docs add on projector it will only be able to turn on/off with the game power. The Pre topper doesn't do anything else but light up with game power.

Haven’t checked in awhile but I thought Stern made one for 200ish for LE owners that did not have the Node boards and one for 250ish for Premium owners that did include the Node boards and game interaction?

#7611 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Haven’t checked in awhile but I thought Stern made one for 200ish for LE owners that did not have the Node boards and one for 250ish for Premium owners that did include the Node boards and game interaction?

Correct!

#7612 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The audio of the names is in the ROM, but hasn't been implemented yet so we don't know, but I'm pretty sure there will be an option to turn that on/off.

#7613 6 years ago

Having a family and friends get together tomorrow night. Just installed the left ramp with an enclosed wireform round the top bend which I had a good friend sort for me.
Initial testing has been positive so a good playtest tomorrow then all it needs is painting.

IMG_20171228_174515 (resized).jpgIMG_20171228_174515 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171228_174436 (resized).jpgIMG_20171228_174436 (resized).jpg

#7614 6 years ago

Is it a keeper? In your opinion, which percent the code is developed?
I have this one at home for a try and I was wondering if it worth it
I really like it, it plays and shoots so smoothly but code updates were very long to come, and no insurance it will be fully completed.

#7615 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Having a family and friends get together tomorrow night. Just installed the left ramp with an enclosed wireform round the top bend which I had a good friend sort for me.
Initial testing has been positive so a good playtest tomorrow then all it needs is painting.

Why? Never had airball there.
Are you sure your game is well leveled?

#7616 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Why? Never had airball there.

If you're waxed up good a strong shot to that ramp can make it fly off the wireform. Stern released a warranty plastic cover that works fine, too.

#7617 6 years ago

have you got the crappy plastic cover?

#7618 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Pitch still flat on that one...would cause wobble as well as an occasional airball. Been playing Matt's proto for months w flawless, fast action.....just waiting for him to mass produce them....

(I feel bad that he's gone a bit dark...either busy making these or something else...hope all is well )

#7619 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

So if I find a topper with node boards then I can use the doc's projector with full integration and if not, I can buy a stern projector and use the node boards in it to run doc's bat signal and not need the topper at all? I will probably get the topper anyways just trying to plan my purchases when I get the game.

#7620 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

So if I find a topper with node boards then I can use the doc's projector with full integration and if not, I can buy a stern projector and use the node boards in it to run doc's bat signal and not need the topper at all? I will probably get the topper anyways just trying to plan my purchases when I get the game.

Yes. The topper does nothing but light up. You'll need the Stern projector to make Docs projector interactive.

#7621 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have you got the crappy plastic cover?

No, nothing.
Front legs are leveled to 0, and back to 1cm. ( need to check tomorrow exactly)

#7622 6 years ago

Yes. The topper does nothing but light up. You'll need the Stern projector to make Docs projector interactive.

Sounds good. Thanks for the reply.

#7623 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Pitch still flat on that one...would cause wobble as well as an occasional airball. Been playing Matt's proto for months w flawless, fast action.....just waiting for him to mass produce them....
(I feel bad that he's gone a bit dark...either busy making these or something else...hope all is well )

I've had no airballs from there as of yet and I spent a good while literally throwing the ball up the ramp. A tad excessive but a bit more force than a flipper could send the ball up there and I also had no rejects.
See how it goes tomorrow but I'm pretty. pretty confident it'll hold up well.

#7624 6 years ago

ive had the ball fly off that ramp a few times.

#7625 6 years ago

How many minor villains are there again? Whats the likelihood that they all get fun, unique rules associated with them? They wouldn't be displayed greyed out if they are not going to be added eventually, right?

#7626 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Looks great! Be sure to post your results from the play testing

#7627 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

I've had no airballs from there as of yet and I spent a good while literally throwing the ball up the ramp. A tad excessive but a bit more force than a flipper could send the ball up there and I also had no rejects.
See how it goes tomorrow but I'm pretty. pretty confident it'll hold up well.

Cool!!!...let us know how it goes....

#7628 6 years ago

So what's the difference between Stern's projector and Doc's projector? I have a premium and am looking to get an interactive projector.

#7629 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

As an interested SLE owner, I asked this same question via email about 10 days ago to Stern - no reply as of today ...

#7630 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

How many minor villains are there again? Whats the likelihood that they all get fun, unique rules associated with them? They wouldn't be displayed greyed out if they are not going to be added eventually, right?

6 minor villains. I'm 99% sure they will all have fun and unique rules associated with them. Why?

- not only are they in the screen for the tv mode shot, but they are also on the playfield around the TV inserts.
- They first 2 of 6 already have fun and unique rules.
- Lyman is on code.
- there is nothing to suggest this game is being rushed or abandoned.

#7631 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

So what's the difference between Stern's projector and Doc's projector? I have a premium and am looking to get an interactive projector.

Doc made his Batsignal projector as an alternative to Stern's overpriced, scratched and blurry signal. If you want game interactive with your Pre you must buy Stern's version. Or you can buy the Stern version and substitute Docs projector instead using the nodes to make it game interactive. Unless the cash you save buying Doc's is a better trade off for you. Stern version on the left. Docs on the right.

ae9580ce25cf9c3e1321694a83c010d3dac64a81 (resized).jpgae9580ce25cf9c3e1321694a83c010d3dac64a81 (resized).jpg

#7632 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

As an interested SLE owner, I asked this same question via email about 10 days ago to Stern - no reply as of today ...

I don't expect Stern will ever answer a question about the specifics/logic of code, but it would be a nice surprise if they do.

#7633 6 years ago

My projector can be interactive with premium owners if you connect the trigger input to an existing lamp/flasher/coil of your choice. Any 3 to 60 volt DC or 12 to 120 volt AC signal can be used to trigger my projector mod.

For premium owners, I include a harness that connects the trigger to the projector power to the 12V DC signal on CN6 on the power board because it was a convenient location and will turn on whenever the game is on and also turn off whenever the game is off.

The alternative is to connect the trigger to something else that comes on/off during game play. Some potential triggers include: the bat signal fasher on rear back board, the bat phone, the bat signal flasher in center of playfield, etc. The problem with using those triggers is they are not all the time in attract mode or during gameplay they flash on/off as opposed to being steady on. I thought the projected bat signal looked better as steady on vs flashing.

With the current code the game will turn on the projector during attract mode, briefly at start of game when "Batman" opening sting is played, when bat-phone is ringing, when you hit Commissioner Gordon target to start "bat-cave sequence" at start of each villain mode, and during bat-turn mode.

If you buy the premium topper that has the villains on it, it doesn't come with any node boards. That topper is just on all the time when the game is on. It doesn't turn any of its lights on/off during gameplay.

If you buy the stern projector accessory meant for premium owners (the $250 version) it comes with the node boards needed to turn the projector on/off during gameplay. The Stern projector meant for existing LE owners is a little cheaper ($200) beacuse it doesn't come with any node boards. The LE owners already have the needed node boards because they were needed to control the batmobile topper that came with the game. For LE owners my projector mod is interactive with gameplay because it taps into the same output signals Stern uses to control their projector.

#7634 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

The biggest difference the mounting options. My version offers more flexibility if you have low ceilings.

The Stern version is on a rotating swivel mount but the base of their mount is on a fixed location on the topper. If you have a low ceiling you will need to aim the projector to the side or rear. This wasn't a viable option for my setup.

My version is also is on rotating swivel mount but the base of my mount is magnetic with a long cord. So you can mount it anywhere on the backbox or even a leg. So if you have a low ceiling like me you can mount the projector low on the backbox so it still projects a decent sized image on the ceiling. If you add an extension cord you could even mount it on the other end of your game room if you like. No matter how your game room is laid out, you should be able to get a great looking bat signal image.

Stern absolutely knocked it out of the park for theme immmersion by having a projected Bat-Signal option. If you are a Batman fan there's nothing cooler than seeing a lit Bat-Signal on your game room wall or ceiling when you start a game.

#7635 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don't expect Stern will ever answer a question about the specifics/logic of code, but it would be a nice surprise if they do.

Agreed ... for a few reasons:

Responding to a customer, when they ask ANY question whatsoever, is basic customer service.
Responding to a customer that purchased the most expensive machine they have ever made would be good customer service
Responding to a specific question about a promised feature from over a year ago, is excellent customer service

Does not feel like I am asking too much

#7636 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

6 minor villains. I'm 99% sure they will all have fun and unique rules associated with them. Why?
- not only are they in the screen for the tv mode shot, but they are also on the playfield around the TV inserts.
- They first 2 of 6 already have fun and unique rules.
- Lyman is on code.
- there is nothing to suggest this game is being rushed or abandoned.

It seems to me there are more than 6 on the screen.
Only 2 are coded and gets unique rules effectively.
I wonder how percent of gameplay is coded yet to get an idea of the final potential

#7637 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

It seems to me there are more than 6 on the screen.
Only 2 are coded and gets unique rules effectively.
I wonder how percent of gameplay is coded yet to get an idea of the final potential

If you look at the greyed out ones, some are just repeated in each season. There's definitely only 6 individual minor villains. Whether each repeated minor villain has a different feeling mode for each season that he appears in remains to be Sean.

#7638 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If you look at the greyed out ones, some are just repeated in each season. There's definitely only 6 individual minor villains. Whether each repeated minor villain has a different feeling mode for each season that he appears in remains to be Sean.

I guessed that the intent was to have minor villains in the game appear in the same seasons that they were on the show. For example Bookworm was only in season 1 on the show so he is only a season 1 choice in the game. King Tut was in all 3 seasons on the show so he is a choice in all 3 seasons in the game.

There is a hole in that logic though since Mad Hatter is shown grayed out under the season 3 TV and he wasn't in season 3 of the show.

It would be very cool if the repeated minor villains had different objectives for each season. Cant wait to see what Lyman gives us for the other minor villains.

20171229_105644 (resized).jpg20171229_105644 (resized).jpg

#7639 6 years ago

Received my capacitor service kit today. But there's only one harness. Shouldn't there be 2 harnesses one for each node board 8 and 9?

#7640 6 years ago

How works the 3 inserts of season 1,2,3? Are they (mini) wizard mode?
How many mini and wizard modes are supposed to have?
Thanks

#7641 6 years ago

Received my capacitor service kit today. But there's only one harness. Shouldn't there be 2 harnesses one for each node board 8 and 9?

Ditto for me....I've asked Chas to send another.....used hot melt glue on my transistor, however....nice and snug.

#7642 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ditto for me....I've asked Chas to send another.....used hot melt glue on my transistor, however....nice and snug.

Plan to use glue also. Why does it always take Stern multiple times to get something right?!

#7643 6 years ago

Plan to use glue also. Why does it always take Stern multiple times to get something right?!

Yea, that wire tie and spacer thing just doesn't look right, from a functionality standpoint. Could slide and make things worse (?)

#7644 6 years ago

Just heard from Matt...he apologized for unexpected delay, but assured me the ramps are getting done, and no way he was abandoning us. Hopefully, not much longer for the final deal!!!!!

#7645 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There is a hole in that logic though since Mad Hatter is shown grayed out under the season 3 TV and he wasn't in season 3 of the show.

Maybe the greyed out Mad Hatter will be replaced by Louie the Lilac or some other Season 3 relevant villian. Could be another way to introduce a Batgirl mode.

#7646 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Effectively you are right, there are 6 minor villains.
Do you know how work these 3 season inserts? Are they mini wizard mode?
Thanks

#7647 6 years ago

Finally got my missing part to my batmobile spinner. So finally get to hear what it is supposed to sound like when the batmobile spins around and see the bat turn mode which is very cool. I also got my node board repair kits and of course I only got 1 capacitor kit. I think I am supposed to get 2 kits for 2 different boards. Since i only got 1 capacitor I put it on node board 9 since that was easier to reach.

#7648 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you're waxed up good a strong shot to that ramp can make it fly off the wireform. Stern released a warranty plastic cover that works fine, too.

My mistake. I checked on mine, there is this plastic cover.

#7649 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I also got my node board repair kits and of course I only got 1 capacitor kit. I think I am supposed to get 2 kits for 2 different boards. Since i only got 1 capacitor I put it on node board 9 since that was easier to reach.

The service bulletin instructions aren't really clear, but it sure seems like the kit should have one capacitor kit for each board. I presume Stern assumes that you would just order one or two kits depending on your board state. Penny wise and pound foolish as I suspect the cost of mailing out another kit far exceeds having the kit handle two node boards in the first place.

#7650 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Finally got my missing part to my batmobile spinner. So finally get to hear what it is supposed to sound like when the batmobile spins around and see the bat turn mode which is very cool.

Was just thinking about this today. Glad you're finally getting some spinner action!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/153?hl=legionsoup and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.