IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 374.
#651 7 years ago

Good to see the Mylar in between the pop area, and several other drop spots on the PF, btw

#652 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No apologies needed, I will say...ALL machines have issues, including NIB. You'll find horror stories everywhere. I generally don't post negativity ( especially in club threads), but can say I'd prefer tightening screws on a theme/ machine that I want, as opposed to some of the other problems I've seen on other machines ( much, much, much more serious).
Hope you find what you want....Dialed in will NEVER be in my lineup, based strictly on theme, even if it was playing itself out of the box. Last I bring up that theme in this thread.

Same here. I'm disappointed about the loose hardware and Bat Mobile parts coming loose, but I have learned a lot about my game as a result of it. So while it's a pain in the butt, it's forced me to spend sometime snooping around on the playfield. Actually I'm more angry about the lack of spotlights on the lower playfield. Cheap asses....

#653 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Maybe the loose stuff is you guys not getting it put back together right?
Re rubbering is a tough job!
I guess i'll do that first thing on mine when i get it. Make sure everything is tightened up and in place while changing out rubber.

Never changed anything on mine, so no, they were lose from the factory. 1st screw was found on game #1

#654 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do you have a DI yet?

No wise guy attorney I don't

#655 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Effing embarrassing. Bought BM66 and feeling better every day about decision to invest in dialed In. Flame away.

No flames...I own JJP too, but I had issues with a couple of mounts on it when it first came out of the box. If this is all that happens, then it is all good and an easy fix. It's actually pretty common to have to tighten up or adjust things on this games after they rattle around in a truck for several hours.

#656 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ice has talked me out of it...if I develop a chip, I'll put the Cliffys in, and blame him endlessly ( he won't care...)..

If that happens I will sign your petition to get Ice to pay up and replace your playfield

Seemed appropriate to try and make some of the doom and gloom a little more light hearted

#657 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

No flames...I own JJP too, but I had issues with a couple of mounts on it when it first came out of the box. If this is all that happens, then it is all good and an easy fix. It's actually pretty common to have to tighten up or adjust things on this games after they rattle around in a truck for several hours.

I spent a month getting GB right and love the game. I'm a newbie and certainly don't know as much as all the experts here but just not buying into this game based on the price point. I guess technically I did but into it. I'm sure it will get better.

#658 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I spent a month getting GB right and love the game. I'm a newbie and certainly don't know as much as all the experts here but just not buying into this game based on the price point. I guess technically I did but into it. I'm sure it will get better.

Different strokes for different folks but give the code some time to develop and then see how you feel, with Lyman on code the game is probably going to maintain its value as the code continues to improve the game so you hopefully wont see a loss and can always sell it on down the road.

I would like a JJP game myself, but so far none of the themes have grabbed me, I keep hearing the rumour he has been trying to get the Bond licence if he manages that I would be all over it.

#659 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Different strokes for different folks but give the code some time to develop and then see how you feel, with Lyman on code the game is probably going to maintain its value as the code continues to improve the game so you hopefully wont see a loss and can always sell it on down the road.
I would like a JJP game myself, but so far none of the themes have grabbed me, I keep hearing the rumour he has been trying to get the Bond licence if he manages that I would be all over it.

I hear you. I'm not a theme guy myself. Never see any of the Batman movies and have owned TDK and now 66.

#660 7 years ago

I just got my game Friday night, but I will say, I am very impressed with the actual play. Love the crane toy, and there are a few repetitive shots, but overall very fun, and not so hard that you can't get some decent scores right out of the box. The code around the graphics, modes, etc will get better, but I am more happy with BM66 now than I am with my GBLE at several months old. (And I do like the GB game). I wasn't going to keep it because of the price, and I am still not happy I caved and paid the 9.4K.....but taking the money away, it is a very good game that will get a ton of play. Probably my only concern for the hardware is the Batmobile spinner.....that thing gets smashed time and time again and I guess time will tell how it holds up. It will probably be just fine, but I am betting there are replacements for the plastic covers out there in the near future.

#661 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

I hear you. I'm not a theme guy myself. Never see any of the Batman movies and have owned TDK and now 66.

Whoa! In Vegas and just saw this. Is it a sign?

IMG_3897 (resized).JPGIMG_3897 (resized).JPG

#662 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Has anyone sourced a set of playfield spotlights/leds to brighten up the playfield, or thought through their placement yet?

Pinballbulbs.com was one of the first to have a nice dual spotlight kit (along with their TROW lighting setup... if you don't want to assemble, solder and wire it yourself then this kit is one of the best.

#663 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Lights on ( you can see the reflection of overhead light in one of them glass OFF, btw, so that reflection off the clear!!!)

They don't make translucent green, blue or purple sling rubbers? I like white for the glow but it's just...like white, ya know?

#664 7 years ago

wow. code download took for-ë-vaa time to upgrade the 300bps modem...
but, time to install

#665 7 years ago

Had some people over tonight to give the game a whirl. It got non-stop play for about 4 hours. I'm happy to say since I refastened the screws on the batmobile and cat ramp there was no failures anywhere in the game. No pulling of the glass.

Software is super early, but I know Lyman will deliver a classic for us in time.

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Pinballbulbs.com was one of the first to have a nice dual spotlight kit (along with their TROW lighting setup... if you don't want to assemble, solder and wire it yourself then this kit is one of the best.

Thanks, these are perfect for my needs. There's not much opportunity to install these down playfield beyond the slings, so double is probably the answer.

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Had some people over tonight to give the game a whirl. It got non-stop play for about 4 hours. I'm happy to say since I refastened the screws on the batmobile and cat ramp there was no failures anywhere in the game. No pulling of the glass.
Software is super early, but I know Lyman will deliver a classic for us in time.

How's the playfield looking? Any excessive dimpling other than the norm?

#669 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

They don't make translucent green, blue or purple sling rubbers? I like white for the glow but it's just...like white, ya know?

They make a really cool " glow in the dark " green....I've got a set of 2 1/2, just haven't found a game for them yet....

#670 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

How's the playfield looking? Any excessive dimpling other than the norm?

I'm going to say, as someone who has done the NIB thing many times.... it is no different than normal. Games get dimples.

#671 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This ^^^^^ I did far, far more work on another pin that I just had ( and still have) a passion for. It was worth it to me. If I like the machine, it's kind of fun going through the code process...like getting a new machine every time a version drops.

#672 7 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

wow. code download took for-ë-vaa time to upgrade the 300bps modem...
but, time to install

Do it...you must!!!..

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

If I like the machine, it's kind of fun going through the code process...like getting a new machine every time a version drops.

This is a big part of the fun of NIB for me. I only got 1 new game all of 2016, Ghostbusters, the game before that was GOT LE, and now I've got a Batman, but between all the code updates for ALL of my games (Hell, I even got my long awaited Avengers update last year!), there is always something new happening.

#674 7 years ago

Could someone with their game in hand kindly post up a pic of the left and right orbit, round the area where the shot/lane arrow is. Is there anywhere to mount anything on existing screw/mounts, maybe using lane guide if there is screw mounting into playfield. Thanks

#675 7 years ago

I'm getting way too many air balls with the left ramp. With a good hit the ball flies off the ramp on the curve about 50% of the time. Stern looks to have anticipated this with a plastic shield over part of the ramp, but it's not deterring these derailments. I suspect soon someone will have a plastic guard out for sale....

#676 7 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Once you go Titan, there's no going back....warning...there are rubbers in the middle of the rotisserie, between the " layers". I cleared everything, including those..nice little glow in there now, too, but not for the weak of heart to get to...I was on a loctite quest anyway, so it all worked out....

With loctite /glue on everything would that be an issuse down the road when you need to unscrew something to get to a certain part of the game? Like the turntable, etc? Or is E6000 a better choice?

BTW, we plan to unbox my #66 next Wed

#677 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

With loctite /glue on everything would that be an issuse down the road when you need to unscrew something to get to a certain part of the game? Like the turntable, etc? Or is E6000 a better choice?

I don't think there needs to be glue on "everything". For certain the batmobile screws need it, but that should be fine, as it rests on that plastic piece.

Possibly some other screws just need to be inspected and tightened.

#678 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I'm getting way too many air balls with the left ramp. With a good hit the ball flies off the ramp on the curve about 50% of the time. Stern looks to have anticipated this with a plastic shield over part of the ramp, but it's not deterring these derailments. I suspect soon someone will have a plastic guard out for sale....

Try putting the leg levelers in the front all the way down and bost the back legs up try to pitch the game at 7.5 degrees and let me know if that calms the ramp down.

#679 7 years ago

Instead of glue why not just use bigger screws? Drill a little into the bottom of the toy with a drill bit a mm or 2 small than screw to give it something to grip, should work

I have a replacement for my batmobile lined up so I'll have to see how I can mount that when I get it.

#680 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Try putting the leg levelers in the front all the way down and bost the back legs up try to pitch the game at 7.5 degrees and let me know if that calms the ramp down.

You can also try setting flipper power to soft to see if it makes a difference.

#681 7 years ago

Not at all.....loctite (the blue stuff) holds things tight, but can still be taken apart at a later date with correct tools (used all the time on nuts/ bolts that are suspect to vibration.. The epoxy is more "permanent", but in this case, I only used it on the batmobile, and the screw is so short, it too will come out fine at a later date, but only with a screwdriver....

#682 7 years ago

MK...did you use the epoxy on just the screws that go into the Batmobile or did you also use it on the screws that go into the round plastic piece? Thanks!

#683 7 years ago

Any premium owners planning on sound upgrades or getting the art blades?

#684 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Yes I am getting this too but will increase angle and lower flipper power....

I would buy a new ramp cover that fully extends if it is made....

#685 7 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

MK...did you use the epoxy on just the screws that go into the Batmobile or did you also use it on the screws that go into the round plastic piece? Thanks!

Epoxy ONLY on the bat mobile toy. Wouldn't use it on the general, machine threaded screws...use the Loctite BLUE on those ( it's called " removeable"). Two different things.....clear jb weld epoxy, and red loctite.

#686 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Frolic, when are you going to post your review of the game? Pros and cons and recommended fixes/enhancements for any negatives?

#687 7 years ago

Frolic, when are you going to post your review of the game? Pros and cons and recommended fixes/enhancements for any negatives?

Posted this in another thread. I didn't create my own thread this go 'round because I wasn't first on the ground with it, but maybe in the future I'll give every game the same treatment.

Here are my impressions after having played the game a bunch of times and having some guests play it for the evening:

-It is impossible to fairly evaluate this game at this time. The software is sooooo early. I've never had software this early on any machine I've bought before. I am ok with this, the game will be fine in my collection as it evolves but I can see how people who play it on location or a few games somewhere are going to be left thinking "blah", because normally a game with software like this would only be seen inside the development office.

Having said that, I can offer the opinions on these things that will not be changing (much):

-I love the artwork and themeing of the machine. It looks awesome. I'm happy my LE features Batgirl.

-The style of music used in the game is a fun change from everything else I own.

-After I refastened the Batmobile screws, there has been no other tweaks needed.

-I sold a BDK and replaced it with this game and feel they play like 2 different games. I know some other people think otherwise, but that's my opinion. Just as 2 fan layout games can have the same shots but theme and programming makes them totally different or how toys can be reused.

So, the verdict for me is.... there is no verdict, but I am hopeful Lyman has all the pieces to make something really fun and special.

#688 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

I was having the same issue. On my game, the wire form portion of the assembly was a little loose where it joined the ramp. This was allowing the wire to pull out of the ramp a little when the ball would go around the curve. I secured the wire to the ramp on the underside side of the ramp and haven't had an air ball since. Just completed the fix last night, so not too many games on it yet, but it really seems a LOT better.

#689 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Yes I am getting this too but will increase angle and lower flipper power....
I would buy a new ramp cover that fully extends if it is made....

I plan to make these.

#690 7 years ago

Is the ball on the crane supposed to look old? Mine seems to look like it is pitted quite a bit. I know they made the graphics on the crane look beat up. "Patina"?

#691 7 years ago

Still waiting!! Looks like Art has another airball fix to do!!! GO Oldpinballguy!!!:)Next week for me too!

#692 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have a replacement for my batmobile lined up so I'll have to see how I can mount that when I get it.

What are you replacing the batmobile with? All the better looking more detailed batmobiles Ive seen appear to be too big to fit on the turntable.

#693 7 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Any premium owners planning on sound upgrades or getting the art blades?

Im planning on putting some nelson riddle original batman66 music in there. People say they like the jazzy score currently in the game but i'd like this a lot more.

#694 7 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Can you bend the wireframe in a bit so it's more "banked"?? I actually got MB NIB back in the day and the ball would fly off the right ramp wireform pretty consistently. Then I simply bent it a bit and it never happened again.

#695 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yep, quality game guys. We really hit a home run with this investment. Congrats to all.

IMG_3529 (resized).JPGIMG_3529 (resized).JPG

#696 7 years ago

This is my game. I have already posted these in the impressions thread. For those who say they aren't getting dimpling I am happy for you. I am not as fortunate.... Some clear chipping already as well.

IMG_3501.JPGIMG_3501.JPG

IMG_3514.JPGIMG_3514.JPG

IMG_3516.JPGIMG_3516.JPG

IMG_3517.JPGIMG_3517.JPG

IMG_3529.JPGIMG_3529.JPG

IMG_3531.JPGIMG_3531.JPG

IMG_3532.JPGIMG_3532.JPG

#697 7 years ago

What'd they make that magnet out of, butter?

#698 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Yep, quality game guys. We really hit a home run with this investment. Congrats to all.

Damn man! That's worse than my TWDLE playfield holes from the moving ramp design which is worse than my NGG...LOL

#699 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

What'd they make that magnet out of, butter?

Or Brinell 750 hardeness rated balls?

#700 7 years ago

will mylar protect from these craters ?

will mylar weaken the use of the magnet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/14?hl=trunchbull and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.