PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 373.
#7401 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I had a node board update error yesterday after the new code update.
cOuld that be the problem?

Seems likely. Spike game code can contain portions of code that gets installed on the individual node boards. If the node board is bad or if the connection to the node board is bad it will give you a node board update failure message. If a node board is not critical to basic game function (like topper node board or mini LCD node board) you can still play the game. You should call you distributor or Stern and they will probably just send you a new node board to see if that fixes the issue.

#7402 6 years ago

Thanks for the info.
How does the node noard test works in the menu? Is that usefull to see if my nodeboard is bad?

#7403 6 years ago

I would check all connections and try to apply the update again

#7404 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I would check all connections and try to apply the update again

Yes...sometimes it's the simplest things that are the problem.

#7405 6 years ago

Thanks for the info.
How does the node noard test works in the menu? Is that usefull to see if my nodeboard is bad?

Yes, it will find bad node boards. I had node 9 go out in GOT.

#7406 6 years ago

20170616_223928 (resized).jpg20170616_223928 (resized).jpg

#7407 6 years ago

can somebody with a batman LE go to the node board test?
do you see the topper nodeboard in the test?
I don't have that.

thx

#7408 6 years ago

can somebody with a batman LE go to the node board test?
do you see the topper nodeboard in the test?
I don't have that.
thx

Hi Pascal, yes I have nodeboard 13 in the test. It is called LE/SLE Topper (optional).

#7409 6 years ago

ok so if my batman doesn't see the nodeboard, it will be bad. right?

thank you

#7410 6 years ago

ok so if my batman doesn't see the nodeboard, it will be bad. right?
thank you

Or the connection between thw cpu and tour node board is bad. I think the cables between node boards (ethernet RG45 style) are all interchangeable so you could try swapping cables with another node board and see if it then sees the topper.

#7411 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Or the connection between thw cpu and tour node board is bad. I think the cables between node boards (ethernet RG45 style) are all interchangeable so you could try swapping cables with another node board and see if it then sees the topper.

I've also reseated the cables and everything was identified.

#7412 6 years ago

Just saw these on Facebook when looking how to best contact Franchi, looks like he has been customising his BM66, gotto admit the Robin on the crane is pretty creative!

BM66 2 (resized).jpgBM66 2 (resized).jpgBM66 1 (resized).jpgBM66 1 (resized).jpg

BM66 (resized).jpgBM66 (resized).jpg

#7413 6 years ago

Someone please send Mr. Franchi a link to Yelobird's Atomic Pile mod ASAP!!

#7414 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Someone please send Mr. Franchi a link to Yelobird's Atomic Pile mod ASAP!!

Hahahahahahahaha...... it is inevitable to see that spot when you have Yelobird’s one.

I like the Robin idea too, that Riddler looks amazing like that as well, nice touch!

#7415 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've also reseated the cables and everything was identified.

With or without power on?

#7416 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

With or without power on?

Always with power off

#7417 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Always with power off

The quality of the interface cabling, including connectors, has always frustrated me on these new, computer based games (Audio/ Video/ and communication). Never, ever would be tolerated in any other application, but seems to be the norm in machines that are designed to vibrate, and be portable.....insane.

Sometimes, it's the simplest things ......uggh

#7418 6 years ago

BM66 question, I am buying a HUO BM66 and will most likely have to have the game shipped. My question is has any one seen any cases of cabinet splitting on this game? If I have the game shipped and it goes thru STI it would have to go legs on shipped, also does BM 66 have the updated “Williams style” cabinet corner brackets?

#7419 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

BM66 question, I am buying a HUO BM66 and will most likely have to have the game shipped. My question is has any one seen any cases of cabinet splitting on this game? If I have the game shipped and it goes thru STI it would have to go legs on shipped, also does BM 66 have the updated “Williams style” cabinet corner brackets?

You buying an LE or a Premium? Reason I ask is you can still order Premiums NIB obviously depends what your buying and what price your paying. But there are a few LEs out there NIB just couldn’t tell you if people are asking premium prices for them now. Either way welcome to the club and congrates on getting what will end up being one of Sterns best!

#7420 6 years ago

None of the BM66s have the Bally/Williams braces on them. I think Stern started putting those on for the Star Wars PRE/LE machines. Mine started to split very early after I got it. If the previous owner didn't put them on I would HIGHLY recommend you put them on ASAP.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144

splitbat (resized).pngsplitbat (resized).png

Here's the brace job I performed on my BM66 including wood glue shot into the top front joints.

00bce8bdedb8280839b300177af1f59e9db9aef0 (resized).jpg00bce8bdedb8280839b300177af1f59e9db9aef0 (resized).jpg

78f428116f815e61d8209893f9ac766c7108d320 (resized).jpg78f428116f815e61d8209893f9ac766c7108d320 (resized).jpg

6307c876a976001b764507324ace26cd85c8868e (resized).jpg6307c876a976001b764507324ace26cd85c8868e (resized).jpg

#7421 6 years ago

BM'66 was before "splitgate" got going so no B/W style braces inside.

#7422 6 years ago

I don't recall seeing a BM66 w the cabinet splitting posted, but can't say 100%. The biggest Q/C on these were the lack of tightening screws, nuts/ bolts/ etc., and a few heavy dimpled machines (?)

They didn't come w the updated (Williams style) brackets, but maybe the new premiums have them. Think I'd be on the safe side if you can, and try to get it shipped w legs off

My LE had plenty of loose hardware...caught and corrected way early, dimpling on par w most new machines nowadays, and my cabinet is good.

I'll probably switch to the heavier brackets at some point, but I don't move my machines much, so not of major concern at the moment.

Congrats, as it is really a fun game.

#7423 6 years ago

No brackets on B66. I'd be a little worried about shipping on legs for this reason. I reinforced mine with the Williams brackets almost straight away, haven't had a problem since.

#7424 6 years ago

Thanks guys! I am buying a used LE that is a 10+ hour drive from me, it sounds like Legs on shipping is a bad idea in this case
:-/

None of the BM66s have the Bally/Williams braces on them. I think Stern started putting those on for the Star Wars PRE/LE machines. Mine started to split very early after I got it. If the previous owner didn't put them on I would HIGHLY recommend you put them on ASAP.

Here's the brace job I performed on my BM66 including wood glue shot into the top front joints.

What screws did you use for installing those brackets?

#7425 6 years ago

These wood screws:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M03T9SM

With Titebond 3 to set the threads:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002YQ3KA

#7426 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

These wood screws:
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

I used #10 hex head screws with the Titebond 3 but Vireland's suggestion is better.

#7427 6 years ago

I used #10 hex head screws with the Titebond 3 but Vireland's suggestion is better.

Took me a while to track down deep thread actual wood screws. Been happy with them. Upgraded three machines leg brackets using them.

Eyeball it first on the edge of the cab with the bracket and screw, and if it looks to close to coming out the other side, add a washer when you install.

#7428 6 years ago

Thanks guys! I am buying a used LE that is a 10+ hour drive from me, it sounds like Legs on shipping is a bad idea in this case
:-/

I’d drive unless you can get the previous owner to install the brackets for you

#7429 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

These wood screws:
amazon.com link »
amazon.com link »

The 3/4" length looked a little too close to poking through the cab for my comfort so I used 5/8"L screws and they worked nicely. If 3/4" works then great, maybe I just chickened out

#7430 6 years ago

Thanks guys! I am buying a used LE that is a 10+ hour drive from me, it sounds like Legs on shipping is a bad idea in this case.

Personally I wouldn’t ship anything with the legs on too much movement for my liking. 10/12 hour drive, just do it!

I have done at least half a dozen 10 hour drives for pins and once and probably never again I did a 27hour drive for a pin, during the trip I was asking why the hell I had done this but once I was home it was well worth it!

#7431 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

The 3/4" length looked a little too close to poking through the cab for my comfort so I used 5/8"L screws and they worked nicely. If 3/4" works then great, maybe I just chickened out

With the thickness of the bracket they didn't poke out for me, but if you're concerned, a washer will provide a cushion.

#7432 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Personally I wouldn’t ship anything with the legs on too much movement for my liking. 10/12 hour drive, just do it!
I have done at least half a dozen 10 hour drives for pins and once and probably never again I did a 27hour drive for a pin, during the trip I was asking why the hell I had done this but once I was home it was well worth it!

Its 11 hours 1 way I guess I could stock up on 5 hour energy and go for it.

#7433 6 years ago

Go with a friend or local pinhead who’s up for a roadtrip will be a blast. I did 13.5 hours each way from England to Germany on my own, it was hard work at times but worth it once I got home.

#7434 6 years ago

You can insure the Shiat out of it, ship via NAVL and pray. Just seems risky. I had a lot of issues with NAVL and don't use them anymore. Don't blame you for not wanting to drive that far. That's a long friggin drive...

#7435 6 years ago

I'd try to negotiate and maybe pay a little more for him to take the legs off and put it on a pallet. That's a full day of driving, which definitely has monetary value. Even if you go get it, you'll still want to take the legs off, so maybe he would do it for a bit extra. I bought a couple machines that were negotiated to "legs off" shipping...they ended up showing up great, and got a few extra shipping blankets out of the deal!!!

Only made so many LE's, glad you found one.....

#7436 6 years ago

There was a time when I would have probably traded Batman 66 for a nice Metallica and another very good game.
There was a time when I would have probably traded Batman 66 for a nice Dialed In.
There was a time when I would have probably traded Batman 66 for a JJPOTC.

Today, I can't think of a single game I'd rather have right now - even on .84 code which has some things that bother me - it's super, super fun.

Penguin, with multiball, freeze and Bat Turn going? Awwwww yeah!

#7437 6 years ago

Last question on this, are you guys only reinforcing the front inside corners of the cabinet or are you installing the brackets in all 4 corners?

#7438 6 years ago

I've only done the front corners. That seems to be where the greatest stress is. I'm not sure I've seen one person do the back corners. But it certainly can't hurt.

#7439 6 years ago

Finally got my Bat vehicles mounted in the shooter lane. Thanks Yelobird! These mounting plates look sharp!!

IMAG0757 (resized).jpgIMAG0757 (resized).jpg

#7440 6 years ago

Finally got my Bat vehicles mounted in the shooter lane. Thanks Yelobird! These mounting plates look sharp!!

Are those Eaglemoss or Hot Wheels?

#7441 6 years ago

Last question on this, are you guys only reinforcing the front inside corners of the cabinet or are you installing the brackets in all 4 corners?

On b66 and AS I've just done front corners. I'm hoping/assuming the back corners have good lateral support from the wood at the top of the cabinet.

#7442 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are those Eaglemoss or Hot Wheels?

Hot Wheels

#7443 6 years ago

I had a cabinet split on the front left corner, Stern sent me a new cabinet for a swap (big PITA). Afterwards I broke down the old cabinet, the back is much more sturdy than the front, probably because of the top horizontal piece that the back box sits on.

Congrats and welcome to the club.

#7444 6 years ago

I’m personally leaving Villain stacking OFF. Isn’t that exactly what happens once you reach Villain Escape?! All 4 modes Stack, and you’re battling them all at once. It seems strange to have them stack before that? That’s my reasoning anyway.

#7445 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’m personally leaving Villain stacking OFF. Isn’t that exactly what happens once you reach Villain Escape?! All 4 modes Stack, and you’re battling them all at once. It seems strange to have them stack before that? That’s my reasoning anyway.

I'm with you. There's enough fun stuff to try and stack (MB, Minor Villain, Bat Turn) that makes it plenty fun.

#7446 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Now that there's actually stuff to DO in the game, Villain stacking isn't really needed.

#7447 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I’m personally leaving Villain stacking OFF

I tried it with Villain stacking on, and it was one big chaos. You also can't understand the modes.
It's way more fun without the stacking.
You can still stack a main villain with a minor villain and that parachute mode and the main multiball.
That's 4 screens running at the same time

Thanks Lyman Sheats that we can "zap" betweet the screens!!!

#7448 6 years ago

Nice Xmas present waiting for me when I got home today:

IMG_9755 (resized).JPGIMG_9755 (resized).JPG
IMG_9751 (resized).JPGIMG_9751 (resized).JPG

Docs' van is brilliant. Looks completely factory. Even the post bag, the packaging. And 2 options for install pre-done. Thanks docquest

#7449 6 years ago

I told Chris Franchi about the atomic pile on facebook.

#7450 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice Xmas present waiting for me when I got home today:

Docs' van is brilliant. Looks completely factory. Even the post bag, the packaging. And 2 options for install pre-done. Thanks docquest

Glad you like it and it got there in one piece. Post a pic once you install it. I like seeing all the creative places people are mounting them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
Toppers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 49.99
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
11,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Houston, TX
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.