PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 373.
#7351 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

2 SLE and 12 LE to Canada, #100 here, #9 my Brother across the street

That's cool!

#7352 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fairly easy:
SLE: unless you just have to have the (very cool) shiney Batmobile side art - simply not worth the money. The only other difference between SLE and the LE are the plaques, the Batsignal accessory (available from Stern) and additional playfield decorative toys (easily replicated). The SLE has the same interactive topper as the LE. If $5k is to you like $50 is to most people, go for it.
LE: Includes Stern's best topper ever - Batman and Robin in the Batmobile. Absolutely perfect for the theme. IMHO, the best cabinet art package and translite of the three models. Villians on the cabinet and Batgirl on the backbox sides. The version to get if you are a Batgirl fan (Flows well with the translite). . Multiple options to add the interactive Batsignal for a super batcool game room experience.
Premium: Best thing you can say about the Premium is that the game play is identical for a lot less money and is easily obtainable NIB. Backbox and cabinet art essentially Batman and Robin and no where near as cool as that on the LE or SLE.
Edit: forgot to mention that SLE/LEs also have George Gomez/Lyman Sheats autographed playfields and an Adam West autographed apron card. The SLE also has lighted speakers (available as an aftermarket mod for others).

In the case of BM66, you are literally paying for the look of one model over the other. Full stop.

I always buy premiums because I dont want stripped down gameplay but in this case I went with...Well, 'premium' (promium?) because I cant justify paying thousands extra for visual mods and no feature upgrades.

#7353 6 years ago

Can someone explain how to get modes/villains 'stacked'? Thanks!!

#7354 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

The other guys will correct me but there is an option in the service menu to turn stacking on.
I've not done it yet as I'm enjoying how it's playing at the moment.

#7355 6 years ago

There is a setting to allow villain stacking. The game default is off so if you want to stack villains you need to turn it on.

#7356 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

There is a setting to allow villain stacking. The game default is off so if you want to stack villains you need to turn it on.

ah ok. Crap...Tough decision.

On a related note, is anyone willing to publish their settings? I am looking for 'fun' over all else but nothing silly like '1 target to start multiball' as I dont want to get bored quickly..thanks!!

#7357 6 years ago

ah ok. Crap...Tough decision.
On a related note, is anyone willing to publish their settings? I am looking for 'fun' over all else but nothing silly like '1 target to start multiball' as I dont want to get bored quickly..thanks!!

This is a rather personal choice on what's "fun" but honestly the factory defaults for settings don't need much changing.
The only things I change from factory default is: obviously free play on.
I turn the slingshot kicker power from 32 down to 28 because the stock kicker level is kinda crazy 28 is plenty lively without it being nuts.
and the biggest is reducing the turntable motor lag down BIG TIME! I think stock is like 1250ms. I reduce mine down to 300ms and I've found the turntable to be much more responsive and get far fewer weird ball strikes against posts or getting the ball stuck in areas of it as it's moving from face to face.

#7358 6 years ago

I also turn the knocker off and set coil power to soft.

#7359 6 years ago

OK,what you do is turn "on" villain stacking!! Its crazy fun,makes the game into a whole different dimension!! You can get all four major villains going at the same time! The multipliers go crazy,but you better hang on,it's a whole different game!! IMHO!!

#7360 6 years ago

SLE 1973 is at my basement in Austria. <3

#7361 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

We have almost 25% of the overseas SLEs accounted for, thanks! If people keep chiming in with ones they have overseas, maybe we can fill in most of the list!

#7362 6 years ago

I know someone in the market looking for an LE if anyone knows where one could be found for sale, pm me. I'm super happy with my LE.

#7363 6 years ago

there is one SLE in the UK (not mine).

#7364 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We have almost 25% of the overseas SLEs accounted for, thanks! If people keep chiming in with ones they have overseas, maybe we can fill in most of the list!

On the ones overseas, do yours say Batman 30?

20171213_052508 (resized).jpg20171213_052508 (resized).jpg

#7365 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

On the ones overseas, do yours say Batman 30?

It would be interesting to know what proportion of the 30 overseas were the "stern 30" and the "batman 50".

#7366 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

I was born in 1973 that SLE should be here in my place

#7367 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

This is a rather personal choice on what's "fun" but honestly the factory defaults for settings don't need much changing.
The only things I change from factory default is: obviously free play on.
I turn the slingshot kicker power from 32 down to 28 because the stock kicker level is kinda crazy 28 is plenty lively without it being nuts.
and the biggest is reducing the turntable motor lag down BIG TIME! I think stock is like 1250ms. I reduce mine down to 300ms and I've found the turntable to be much more responsive and get far fewer weird ball strikes against posts or getting the ball stuck in areas of it as it's moving from face to face.

Where can I find the slingshot kicker power in the menu? I looked, can't find it...
Thanks!

#7368 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I was born in 1973 that SLE should be here in my place

That reminds of the George Gomez talk at the 2016 expo when they first showed BM66.

George thought people would be trading their gadget/episode plaques with one another other like trading cards.

Has anybody traded their LE plaques with someone else?

#7369 6 years ago
#7370 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I don’t mind a ‘73 depending in the character or Episode at all in my Pinball.... in fact I buy my handguns with a “3” always at the end, and my long guns with a “7” at the end, I just like numbers

Love that Brigadier! How many mods can I make you!! lol Nice setup.

#7371 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFun:

Where can I find the slingshot kicker power in the menu? I looked, can't find it...
Thanks!

It's under Adjustments/Game settings (Bat logo).

#7372 6 years ago

Pics and a short video as promised:

20171205_203104 (resized).jpg20171205_203104 (resized).jpg
20171205_203130 (resized).jpg20171205_203130 (resized).jpg
20171205_203143 (resized).jpg20171205_203143 (resized).jpg
20171205_203151 (resized).jpg20171205_203151 (resized).jpg

hard to see in the pics, but eniter assembly inside the tube. Original stern flasher nestles nicely in the bottom, the red pad led fits perfectly under the top cap. Longest process is using 2 sizes of heat shrink to make the pad housing and wiring invisible inside the tube. A small dab of hot melt to secure the sren lower light, the top pad led is solid w the cap, and I used a larger bit of hot melt to "seal the deal" on the underside. Invisible once installed, quite durable, and of course completely removable (just a bit more work).

The end result is absolutely stunning....for those that aren't afraid to solder a tiny bit, and spend a little time, I highly recommend it...the red pad leds were 2.99, so very inexpensive.

#7373 6 years ago

That looks awesome Mark.

#7374 6 years ago
Quoted from KirboTurbo:

That looks awesome Mark.

Thanks...having the pure red up top w the pad makes it really look great....red is one of those colors that really benefit w matching the led to the plastic.

#7375 6 years ago

Just installed my Atomic Pile, it was delivered the past November 3 and I wanted to install it since that day but needed my Brother’s help ... honestly to the ones that are thinking about it, I must say fellas that go for it! It does looks amazing! I also know that some of you needed about 40 minutes for the installation, but for us was 1 hour and 37 minutes X 2 but it was 100% worth it, the only thing is that those 2 white rubber spacers wasn’t included in my package which is not big deal but any recommended size in particular before I go and buy them fellas?

Thank you

04D148C4-9B7D-4476-A5ED-A4DF229364F6 (resized).jpeg04D148C4-9B7D-4476-A5ED-A4DF229364F6 (resized).jpeg

#7376 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Just installed my Atomic Pile, it was delivered the past November 3 and I wanted to install it since that day but needed my Brother’s help ... honestly to the ones that are thinking about it, I must say fellas that go for it! It does looks amazing! I also know that some of you needed about 40 minutes for the installation, but for us was 1 hour and 37 minutes X 2 but it was 100% worth it, the only thing is that those 2 white rubber spacers wasn’t included in my package which is not big deal but any recommended size in particular before I go and buy them fellas?
Thank you

Truely sorry if we forgot to include the washers in your kit. My fault as we get into a packing frenzy at times and mistakes can be made. Sincere apology! With that said all you need is a simple 1/8" washer under each clear stud or a pair of standard washers. The Only purpose for them is to elevate clearance for the Stern stock phone. Sorry again and Very happy to hear your kind words and that you and your brother liked our product! Thank You!

The Mod Couple

#7377 6 years ago

If you have Batman and DON'T have the Atomic Pile mod, your game is simply incomplete...

(I'd actually say that about a few of the mods, but if you only put one mod on your game that's the one to do).

#7378 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you have Batman and DON'T have the Atomic Pile mod, your game is simply incomplete...
(I'd actually say that about a few of the mods, but if you only put one mod on your game that's the one to do).

THIS!

#7379 6 years ago

I bought a BM 66 LE...a few questions...

after a succesfull update my game did a nodeboard update but I got a update failed message. Is that a problem? The game plays good.

the spring from the shooter is to soft. I can't make it to the rollover lanes. Replace it?

Is that adam west signature real?

#7380 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I bought a BM 66 LE...a few questions...
after a succesfull update my game did a nodeboard update but I got a update failed message. Is that a problem? The game plays good.
the spring from the shooter is to soft. I can't make it to the rollover lanes. Replace it?
Is that adam west signature real?

Node boards do seem to fail around when updates are performed as it exposes any marginal communication that may have been lurking. I thought I read somewhere the newest code has deeper Node board diagnostics in place to help identify or re-test them.

The original spring from the factory on early run games was too soft. They sent out a stiffer spring as part of the update kit so yes you can either request one from Stern or buy your own and install.

The Adam West signature is real

#7381 6 years ago

Anyone perform the node board vibration fix with the pending Stern fix kit. If yes what did you use to keep the part from moving and in place ?

#7382 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Anyone perform the node board vibration fix with the pending Stern fix kit. If yes what did you use to keep the part from moving and in place ?

Haven't received the kit yet but I thought the zip tie is supposed to hold the spacer in place. I also see they upgraded the capacitor kit to a simple plug and play.

#7383 6 years ago

When I inquired on the kits they told me none were being made yet .

#7384 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

I simply used hot glue to glue the diode and the transistor together. This accomplishes the same thing, namely that the diode cannot move back and forth anymore.

I actually prefer this to the official fix, because when using a tie wrap you could damage the feet of one of the components when tightening it. Also if not tight enough, the problem could remain the same.

Stern should have installed the components lying flat on the board, but that would have made the board a lot bigger and that is more important than it being a lot better

#7385 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

When I inquired on the kits they told me none were being made yet .

I was told they were out of stock and would be sending them out when they get them in,

#7386 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I simply used hot glue to glue the diode and the transistor together. This accomplishes the same thing, namely that the diode cannot move back and forth anymore.
I actually prefer this to the official fix, because when using a tie wrap you could damage the feet of one of the components when tightening it. Also if not tight enough, the problem could remain the same.
Stern should have installed the components lying flat on the board, but that would have made the board a lot bigger and that is more important than it being a lot better

Man, that's exactly what I was going to do!!!! Seems like a better way to keep the vibration down without damaging anything.

#7387 6 years ago

Semi off topic...my kids (ok, me too) want to watch some batman 66 shows. $30 per season seems a little steep. Are they streaming/playing anywhere (Netflix type places)? Thanks

#7389 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Did you have to remove the boards to hot glue or did you leave them in?

#7390 6 years ago

Can you post a photo of the glue applied?

#7391 6 years ago

I just installed my LE topper.
But he doesn't work.
I am pretty sure I connected all the wires the right way.
before I installed the topper, there where already 2 connectors plugged into the left board an only 1 in the right board.
is that correct? on the images on the intructions, I see 2 connectors already installed in both boards.

also the batsignal, the 2 small lights and a few leds from the beacon went on, but after a power cycle the went back off.

any ideas?

#7392 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Did you have to remove the boards to hot glue or did you leave them in?

I just left them in. It is not so pretty but it works perfectly. One minute job without any chance of messing up the components.

#7393 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can you post a photo of the glue applied?

20171216_142828 (resized).jpg20171216_142828 (resized).jpg

#7394 6 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

I just installed my LE topper.
But he doesn't work.
I am pretty sure I connected all the wires the right way.
before I installed the topper, there where already 2 connectors plugged into the left board an only 1 in the right board.
is that correct? on the images on the intructions, I see 2 connectors already installed in both boards.
also the batsignal, the 2 small lights and a few leds from the beacon went on, but after a power cycle the went back off.
any ideas?

This is how mine is connected, maybe it helps...

20171216_142901 (resized).jpg20171216_142901 (resized).jpg

#7395 6 years ago

That looks the same as mine.

#7396 6 years ago

Is the topper disabled in the menu?

#7397 6 years ago

Is there a setting for that?
When I do a lamp test for the topper nothing happens.

#7398 6 years ago

And......done!!!!!

#7399 6 years ago

I checked all the connectors. they are all right.
I also unplugged and replugged the connectors from the other board on the left and now I have a few light.
Bad connection? Bad board?

#7400 6 years ago

I had a node board update error yesterday after the new code update.
cOuld that be the problem?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.