PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 373.
#7201 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Maybe long hold for changing vs short tap for gadget

I think that's exactly it.

To me, the channel changing is just so you can choose what stacked mode is taking priority with what you see. So if you get a minor villain, you can decide whether you want them on the main channel, or the primary, etc.

#7202 6 years ago

With these updates it seems in order to learn how to play the game with all of its options you'll have to own it. A great thing for owners.

#7203 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think that's exactly it.
To me, the channel changing is just so you can choose what stacked mode is taking priority with what you see. So if you get a minor villain, you can decide whether you want them on the main channel, or the primary, etc.

The major benefit is not changing what on the LCD (or music), but changing the inserts.

As it is now, if you have 3 modes running, the only mode you can really "play" is the last mode that was started, as that dictates what inserts are lit (and also music and LCD). So you have no idea if you are hitting the correct shots for the other modes. Say you start Multiball and Freeze stacked with Penguin. As soon as you start Multiball, you don't know which penguin or freeze shots to hit, or if theres a cliffhanger etc. All that you are really playing is multiball and the rest is luck. And you cant make cliffhanger choices etc.

But now, you can decide which of the stacked modes you want to play by changing the channel, because it will also change the inserts. So you start multiball on top of Penguin and Freeze stacked, then trap up, then switch the "active" mode from Multiball to Freeze. Inserts, LCD and Music changes so you can complete Freeze and freeze your timers. Then you change channel to Penguin, all the shots are correctly lit and you can complete a couple of cliffhangers and cash in the jackpot, then you go back to multiball and cash in what you can there. In theory its a pretty substantial feature that would be of benefit to a lot of games that involve a lot of stacking (Star Wars?).

#7204 6 years ago

Looking back, we've gotten a fair amount of code in 6 weeks. Big jump from .75 to .84.
Finishing the minor villians probably gets us to .90.

What do you think Lyman has in mind for the last 10%?

With the attention to progressing through a show, we have to have some sort of Batgirl mode in Season 3. And of course a wizard (Batusi?) mode. What else would complete the game?

#7205 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Looking back, we've gotten a fair amount of code in 6 weeks. Big jump from .75 to .84.
With the attention to progressing through a show, we have to have some sort of Batgirl mode in Season 3. And of course a wizard (Batusi?) mode. What else would complete the game?

Unless it's like TWD and it goes to 1.60.

I'd like to see another couple of multiballs that aren't wizard modes. And some more quirky "side" modes like Parachute - that mode is brilliant and cracks me up every time.

#7206 6 years ago

Yeah I’d like to see some regular multiballs added.

They keep saying ‘you ain’t seen nothing yet’ so who knows.

#7207 6 years ago

Did they address the lag time on some of the things like the bat cave?

#7208 6 years ago

Just played a game with the 84 code. The changing channels feature is really cool.

Some asked if you used a gadget when switching channels. If you hold the gadget button down until it switches channels you wont use up a gadget.

#7209 6 years ago

Looks like this pin is on its way to stardom

#7210 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has Lyman ever stopped at v1.0? I am confident Batman’s final code will be v1.0+

Quoted from J85M:

I would say we have at least 3 maybe 4 official updates and after TWD latest drop we could see more after that.

If we get the update planned around Xmas/New year it looks like my predication above could be spot on, wonder how I got that so accurate

#7211 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has Lyman ever stopped at v1.0? I am confident Batman’s final code will be v1.0+

I didn't mean to imply the code would stop at 1.0, just how much more there might be from .84 to 1.0 based on what we've seen added so far.

The way the game is shaping up, I think the only way I'm going to be disappointed is the lack of a dedicated Batgirl mode. I want to see the Barbara/Batgirl transformation and Batgirl cycle leaving (perhaps same shots as the scoop for answering the Batphone and left orbit for Batmobile leaving) and then have Batgirl prominent in the mode.

And for those wanting more multiball modes - how about a Season 3 only multiball mode focusing on Batgirl fighting/kicking villians?

#7212 6 years ago

I think Lyman will have to stop at 1.0 for now and will revisit it later next year. He needs to work on his next title after getting Batman to release version 1.0
So hopefully you have 2 more updates (one before 1.0 and 1.0) and the game will be fully coded from a feature standpoint.

Quoted from J85M:

If we get the update planned around Xmas/New year it looks like my predication above could be spot on, wonder how I got that so accurate

#7213 6 years ago

I think most pinballs need that cooling off period, before code is revised one last time. So if we can get it to a "1.0" feature complete state, and then Lyman comes back to it one last time at some point in the future, that sounds good to me.

The Stern version numbering has changed since the days of TWD which shipped at "1.0" and that was hugely incomplete.

#7214 6 years ago

Just played some games on the new code and I must say that it is a complete new machine. I left the club temporarily (sold my LE) but I got a new one last weekend and I am thrilled about the new features. And it will get even better !

By the way, I have the Bat Phone gadget now (before I had the Bat Compass). Really cool gadget to have and really beautifull machine.

#7215 6 years ago

I was surpised there was a code drop yesterday and the Stern of The Union update the day before didnt mention it was coming.

The last 4 updates were about 2 weeks apart from one another.

0.80 - 10/27
0.81 - 11/7
0.83 - 11/21
0.84 - 12/6

Is Stern they trying to live up to the "code every two weeks" promise? Does that mean more code on 19'th or 20'th?

In the Nov Stern of Union they said:

"Be on the lookout for a teaser pic soon showing some things in the works involving the minor villain mode implementation; some very unique and innovative rules!"

Never saw that pic. Wonder if its a feature we still havent seen in the lastest code.

I'm really enjoy how tbe code is bringing the game alive.

Makes me excited to see what he can do with Elvira3. Would be cool to see her lounging on her red velvet couch hurling insults at you when you screw up. Since most of the "bad" movies she mocked on her show were public domain, Stern should be free to show clips of them on the LCD as well.

#7216 6 years ago

We need a graph.

#7217 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Is Stern they trying to live up to the "code every two weeks" promise? Does that mean more code on 19'th or 20'th?
In the Nov Stern of Union they said:
"Be on the lookout for a teaser pic soon showing some things in the works involving the minor villain mode implementation; some very unique and innovative rules!"
Never saw that pic. Wonder if its a feature we still havent seen in the lastest code.

I don't care about the every two weeks thing as much as I care about Lyman being able to be given the time to finish the game as he envisions it. I'm sure we'll see updates even after he moves to Elvira given his past dedication (and the fact he signed the playfields), but I want those changes to be welcome surprises, not needed structural fixes.

As for the teaser pic, I assumed we saw that with Egghead and Mr. Freeze.

#7218 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Just played some games on the new code and I must say that it is a complete new machine. I left the club temporarily (sold my LE) but I got a new one last weekend and I am thrilled about the new features. And it will get even better !
By the way, I have the Bat Phone gadget now (before I had the Bat Compass). Really cool gadget to have and really beautifull machine.

Welcome back ronaldvg and great gadget!

#7219 6 years ago

Just played a few games on .84. Noticed a few bugs fixed and a new Batman callout of "Gadget!" when a gadget is awarded (which may rotate with the narrator saying it too).

The channel changing feature was very cool. I love the static on the main screen when you first hit the button.

I wanted to get multiple channels running to see if they cycle (presume they do) but never got there. I believe there was a bug where after getting Egghead started and changing channel back to Penguin, the Egghead sound effects played when Penguin was on main TV but not sure if it's supposed to work that way.

#7220 6 years ago

Just had my first game of .84.

That changing channel feature is cool as hell! I had Penguin running, then added Freeze to it. And holding the button down lets you flip back and forth. It's such a dramatic switch of TV video, music and lit shots, it really is like changing the channel! This definitely qualifies as "new and innovative". I hope there is more like that to come.

#7221 6 years ago

Ok, I'll make a glass half full statement regarding code as it relates to me and how Crappy I play! While only a Batman66 owner for 3 months I actually appreciate the slow (very slow for others) spoon feed of new code. I always have a hard time learning a new game with Mass amounts of code all in one bite. Like Hobbit for example. It took me Months to even have a clue what the lights meant! This steady trickle of code has Really helped me and my wife digest the game in small bites to Fully understand and Practice every wonderful feature and mode. Yes not for everyone and Definitely does not apply to the early adopters but there is Some small positive to getting the code in a slower fashion. Maybe I'm reaching. lol

#7222 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That changing channel feature is cool as hell! I had Penguin running, then added Freeze to it. And holding the button down lets you flip back and forth. It's such a dramatic switch of TV video, music and lit shots, it really is like changing the channel! This definitely qualifies as "new and innovative". I hope there is more like that to come.

Man, do I agree w this!!!!! The changing channel rocks!!!! This game is officially amazing now, w more to come.....changing screens, keeping track of the timers...a few more bugs fixed, including some gain levels....this thing is really fun to play!!!!

#7223 6 years ago

I need to download the new code - I would say this game is bolted to my floor right now and not going anywhere. I am glad I was able to pick up a LE.

#7224 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just about to update my batman game to 0.84. Not had a lot of time this week So i'm really excited to try now you've said that to as i was really hoping for something like this. On 0.8.3 i was spending most of my time trying to start mr freeze, as was cool and new to hear the new music etc then i'd start a mode and it'd be vanquished to the small screen No longer! Cool ideas

#7225 6 years ago

we just need Odin back in the club and the band is back together again

#7226 6 years ago

Parachute van placement #2....perfect..2 1/2" post w approx. 1/4" spacer. Batman approves...ball travels right under on the form

Now working on where to relocate spot

20171208_190918 (resized).jpg20171208_190918 (resized).jpg
20171208_190946 (resized).jpg20171208_190946 (resized).jpg
20171208_190937 (resized).jpg20171208_190937 (resized).jpg
20171208_190927 (resized).jpg20171208_190927 (resized).jpg

#7227 6 years ago

That looks really good.

I'd put it there if I didn't want to put a Batcopter on the ramp.

#7228 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That looks really good.
I'd put it there if I didn't want to put a Batcopter on the ramp.

I've thought about placing the van above the ball lock on the rotisserie. Problem is you really can't see the side details of the van.

#7229 6 years ago

Ok...snuck the spot in behind it.....looks amazing!!! Probably have a single piece fabbed to clean up hardware a bit,

Put a shot in showing how well front of turntable lit, as well w new placement

20171208_204422 (resized).jpg20171208_204422 (resized).jpg

20171208_204431 (resized).jpg20171208_204431 (resized).jpg

20171208_204441 (resized).jpg20171208_204441 (resized).jpg

20171208_204446 (resized).jpg20171208_204446 (resized).jpg

20171208_204457 (resized).jpg20171208_204457 (resized).jpg

#7230 6 years ago

It looks like the bugs thread isn't being maintained, so I've started a new one. I'm not leaving the club in the foreseeable future so I'll keep it updated.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-current-software-bugs-and-suggestions

I'll go through the existing reports and see what should be in the starting list based on 0.84. As we get new releases, I'll update it accordingly.

I also want to maintain a suggestions list in the same thread.

Please let me know what you find.

#7231 6 years ago

Have some pics /vid of lighting @yelobirds Atomic pile, will try to compile ....must play the game now....

Anxiously awaiting update from Matt on wireform progress, and Don on the Chrome lockdown emblem ( I added red el glow under the Chrome, so taking more time)

#7232 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I've thought about placing the van above the ball lock on the rotisserie. Problem is you really can't see the side details of the van.

I thought the same thing, but it also blocks the clear plastic showing the locked balls...not a biggie...

For me, the parachute van is just tied in so well with bat turn mode (one of the coolest parts of the game for me), that I actually wanted it more pronounced than even the batcopter or boat. Think when Matt gets my final, red sparkle wireform done, it's really going to look great ...

I dig adding some non functional toys, but not overdoing it....so this is perfect for me.....I think the left ramp/ wireform, and what's turning into a very classic looking chromed lockdown emblem may do it for me on this one.

@yelobird's mods have really made the turntable an awesome looking piece, so that area is done for me (except I will be shoring up the bearing/ tolerances on both that and the spinner.

Game is just a standout in it's campy way....the LE is exactly what I wanted, and it's bolted to the floor for me....

#7233 6 years ago

If you have Batman in a row of games where it isn't easy to get to the head to update code, consider running a 10' USB extension cable from the CPU board to the coin door. I ran one down the left side of the cabinet and it was the perfect length after using a few wire ties along the way.

It was great to update to 0.84 without having to get the pin lifter, move the game, open the backbox, remove the translite and then reverse everything. Just open the coin door, plug in the USB drive and power up the game.

#7234 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

For me, the parachute van is just tied in so well with bat turn mode (one of the coolest parts of the game for me), that I actually wanted it more pronounced than even the batcopter or boat.

Have you decided against using the Batcopter? I'm not going to put anything over there until the revised ramp is installed, but I agree with you than the van is such a key part of a super fun mode that it should be in a prominent location. But I also really want to use an Eaglemoss Batcopter and am afraid if I put it on the ramp that it will overshadow the van.

#7235 6 years ago

Thoughts?

IMAG0746 (resized).jpgIMAG0746 (resized).jpg

IMAG0747 (resized).jpgIMAG0747 (resized).jpg

#7236 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you have Batman in a row of games where it isn't easy to get to the head to update code, consider running a 10' USB extension cable from the CPU board to the coin door. I ran one down the left side of the cabinet and it was the perfect length after using a few wire ties along the way.
It was great to update to 0.84 without having to get the pin lifter, move the game, open the backbox, remove the translite and then reverse everything. Just open the coin door, plug in the USB drive and power up the game.

I'd be nice if Stern put a UBS slot on the coin door...it would make life so much easier.

#7237 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'd be nice if Stern put a UBS slot on the coin door...it would make life so much easier.

Uhh...wire costs money, you know?

#7238 6 years ago

Ok another newb code question. Can you collect gadgets? Meaning save up 4 or 5 or is it a use them or loose them kind of deal? If you can collect them all is there a special bonus for doing such a feat?

#7239 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I’m actually thinking about adding a male to female 3m usb extension cable to mine like I use on my Indy rewrites. Makes life much easier when you have games next to it and not having to take the backglass out for updating

#7240 6 years ago

I agree with the earlier comment that putting it there doesn't show off the lettering on the side of the van. Also the proximity to the TV makes the van look smaller than it is and distorts the perspective.

#7241 6 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think it would of been the the other way around. If Stern had a USD slot on the coin door they would of removed it by now to save money.

#7242 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree with the earlier comment that putting it there doesn't show off the lettering on the side of the van. Also the proximity to the TV makes the van look smaller than it is and distorts the perspective.

I have not installed mine yet as I am looking at options that people post. I think MK6PIN's looks great there but I like the batcopter so that really is not an option for me. I agee that I dont like it on the ball lock near the tv based on the above comments. I do think right now it looks best on the back of the left ramp but that it does get a little lost up there. Another option would be to put it behind the batmobile on the shooter lane. It would be kind of the van chasing the batmobile to pick up the parachute. If I did that I would have to remove the batboat and I do like the batboat too.

#7243 6 years ago

Rule question. When you defeat all 4 and the playfield goes dark and the bat signal flashes, what do you do next? Nothing seems to trigger any more modes.

#7244 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I do think right now it looks best on the back of the left ramp but that it does get a little lost up there. Another option would be to put it behind the batmobile on the shooter lane. It would be kind of the van chasing the batmobile to pick up the parachute. If I did that I would have to remove the batboat and I do like the batboat too.

I saw that some have put the Batcopter in the top left corner off the ramp. I might look at the Batcopter there, the van where mk6pin has it and the Batgirl cycle at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic to block airball drains.

The van behind the Batmobile at the shooter lane is an interesting idea, but that seems to have the same drawback as putting the van on the bottom of the Batgirl plastic - it's really only visible on the periphery rather than having a spot that catches your eye while playing the game.

The shooter lane is tough for me. Never liked the idea of the Batmobile towing the Batboat. I have the Mezel Mods lighted Batmobile there now, but like the scale and detail of the Eaglemoss Batmobile better, especially with the Gotham City sign right there.

#7245 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Rule question. When you defeat all 4 and the playfield goes dark and the bat signal flashes, what do you do next? Nothing seems to trigger any more modes.

Shoot the Batsignal to start Villain Escape. It’s the left orbit.

#7246 6 years ago

Great ideas for mounting the Parachute pickup van! I still waffle back and forth where I like it. I liked it on top of the ramp flap and also down by the left drain in place of the diverter. The post mount by MK6pin looks good too. I just got Yelobirds shooter lane car mount so maybe I'l try it there as well, decisions, decisions.

#7247 6 years ago

Does anyone have a video of the Channel Changing feature in action? Am I correct in saying you can switch modes when they are stacked so you can see which shots are needed (on the playfield and display) for a certain mode, then switch to a different mode that is running and see which shots are needed for that mode?

#7248 6 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Does anyone have a video of the Channel Changing feature in action? Am I correct in saying you can switch modes when they are stacked so you can see which shots are needed (on the playfield and display) for a certain mode, then switch to a different mode that is running and see which shots are needed for that mode?

I believe the modes are stacked, but unlike normal games when it gets confusing, you can select the channel to light what you want to focus on.

#7249 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I believe the modes are stacked, but unlike normal games when it gets confusing, you can select the channel to light what you want to focus on.

Wow that is so freaking cool! What a great idea.

#7250 6 years ago

The Commissioner Gordon target can be somewhat lucrative...

9A79B8FD-642F-433D-9104-FB9DCEAA2798 (resized).jpeg9A79B8FD-642F-433D-9104-FB9DCEAA2798 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/145 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.