IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 374.
#7051 6 years ago

Had some time yesterday to do some recordings. Unfortunately I had to go back to a one camera setup, because due to many reasons I was not able to capture the LCD Screen properly with the 3 camera setup. Still colors are a bit off...

First one is a good overall game with a decent Bat Phone Hurry up. I also tried to get some impressions of a minor villain mode... let's be honest, they are really a bit minor But as a requirement for a Batman Wizard mode they are still valid und kind of fun. At a certain point of time I focussed to get to Villain Escape because I wanted to have it in the video. Starting with ball 3 I also wanted desperately the EB for combos

Batman 66 0.83 | Gameplay Video

Nice Bat Phone Score (1:45)
EggHead Mode Finish (5:50)
Penguin Gadget Shots Cash In (6:30)
Villain Escape poorly played (17:40)

Second video is mostly about building up the Penguin Gadget Shots

Batman 66 0.83 | Gameplay Video - Penguin Cash In

Penguin Mode built up to cash in 250 mio. plus per Gadget Shot (4:50)
Even more is possible…
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/133#post-4082159

Code really made a huge step forward with 0.8x - looking forward to get a version 1.0 for xmas.

#7052 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Also added another post light to the top of my atomic pile. Turned out great!
» YouTube video

Very nice, would you consider jumping into the mod craze and offering an upgraded light kit for the atomic pile?

#7053 6 years ago

Updated to the latest code (0.83) and started having reset issues. Before I begin troubleshooting, is anyone else having reset issues since the last update?
Thanks,

Ed K.

#7054 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Very nice, would you consider jumping into the mod craze and offering an upgraded light kit for the atomic pile?

I can do a write up sharing how he did the light upgrade for anyone that wishes to do it. #thundergod was nice enough to share how he did it and I did mine and it looks great! Very low cost and simple to do.

#7055 6 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Me? I can't hold a Batarang to Yelobird, Doc or MK! It's very simple and really cheap. Thanks Yelobird for volunteering to do the write up. One point I want to add is that I desoldered the wires on the light, ran the wires through the center of the light then resoldered them. This way they are not sticking out the sides and in the way when securing the light to the bottom of the flasher dome. The wires will run straight through the middle. And you won't see them due to Yelobird's atomic pile graphics. Also I used the 3" matrix connector Not the 6" one. The 6" is too long and you won't be able to connect both lights to the 2 way splicer. Finally, Yelobird used a natural white light in the pile flasher. I ended up getting the warm white light because Comet was out of stock on the naturals. It really doesn't matter which white you use. They both look the same through the tinted plastic. Or you could go with a totally different color (red) for the top flasher.

#7056 6 years ago

What am I missing? Where is the added light?

#7057 6 years ago

Based on some great feedback from #thundergod76 he wanted to add His personal touch to the Atomic Pile. This is my spin on what he did and I must say it turned out Awesome!! I would call this the "How to Mod the Mod"! Very simple and Very low cost upgrade to add a Ton of additional flasher power to the Atomic Pile to give it that Bam Wow effect! All parts can be picked up in your next order to CometPinball. What is needed: (1) 3" matrix cable, (1) matrix "Y" adaptor, and (1) 6 LED matrix panel. (About 3$?)
1 Remove the Atomic pile (2) screws (Don't forget to loosen the TV mount to give it room to exit.) Unplug from Top of playfield the matrix plug.
2 Using needle nose pliers carefully remove the (2) screws holding the top flasher plastic dome.
3 For a perfect fit, a simple side cutter to notch the LED 4 corners at a 45 degree angle. This makes the LED panel almost a Press perfect fit into the flasher dome.
4 Press the LED into the top dome. No glue is needed as it can't go anywhere!
5 Attached 3" matrix extension to wired dome.
6 Remove existing bottom LED cap from Atomic Pile and fish New dome light through. Re-attach dome cap screws removed previous.
7 For me I simply fed the cable near the previous LED wire exit and tightened cap. You Could drill another hole but no need to in my opinion.
8 Add "Y" splitter to (2) new plug ends and put the unit back in as complete.

Overall the effect is Way powerful and a great improvement if you like that Wow Pow look. Using the 6 pack LED Really gives it a burst of light! So simple to do and I thank #thundergod76 for sharing his personal touch with me. I in turn am sharing his effort with everyone. Love to see people make their game their own! Thanks!

IMG_9928 (resized).jpgIMG_9928 (resized).jpg

IMG_9927 (resized).jpgIMG_9927 (resized).jpg

IMG_9922 (resized).jpgIMG_9922 (resized).jpg

IMG_9923 (resized).jpgIMG_9923 (resized).jpg

IMG_9925 (resized).jpgIMG_9925 (resized).jpg

IMG_9926 (resized).jpgIMG_9926 (resized).jpg

#7058 6 years ago

Jeesh. I don’t comment much anymore on here due to the policing, But way to go Stern!

These code updates are great, they are trying. I couldn’t be happier with my three stern games.

I may have to get this game now in near future. I grew up watching the show. I understand the criticism of stern. It’s not easy running a company like it. Have to keep games rolling and workers busy, more games more code to be written, they have replaced many playfields from those ghosting issues. I also like the tech support staff.

Not a fanboy just a pinballer.

#7059 6 years ago

What is needed: (1) 3" matrix cable, (1) matrix "Y" adaptor, and (1) 6 LED matrix panel. (About 3$?)

I think Spike drives all of their LED's at 5V. Besides being a litter dimmer than normal, are there any caveats with running the 6.3V matrix LED at 5V?

On the Comet website they state: "Please leave a comment in the order notes if you are using #44/47 bases for controlled lighting or for GI in games operation with the Spike system". So maybe they do something different with the LED if they know its going into a Spike game?

I know cointaker sells single LED and multi-LED flasher's specifically made for Spike games. Not sure what is actually different about those.

#7060 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Based on some great feedback from #thundergod76 he wanted to add His personal touch to the Atomic Pile. This is my spin on what he did and I must say it turned out Awesome!! I would call this the "How to Mod the Mod"! Very simple and Very low cost upgrade to add a Ton of additional flasher power to the Atomic Pile to give it that Bam Wow effect! All parts can be picked up in your next order to CometPinball. What is needed: (1) 3" matrix cable, (1) matrix "Y" adaptor, and (1) 6 LED matrix panel. (About 3$?)
1 Remove the Atomic pile (2) screws (Don't forget to loosen the TV mount to give it room to exit.) Unplug from Top of playfield the matrix plug.
2 Using needle nose pliers carefully remove the (2) screws holding the top flasher plastic dome.
3 For a perfect fit, a simple side cutter to notch the LED 4 corners at a 45 degree angle. This makes the LED panel almost a Press perfect fit into the flasher dome.
4 Press the LED into the top dome. No glue is needed as it can't go anywhere!
5 Attached 3" matrix extension to wired dome.
6 Remove existing bottom LED cap from Atomic Pile and fish New dome light through. Re-attach dome cap screws removed previous.
7 For me I simply fed the cable near the previous LED wire exit and tightened cap. You Could drill another hole but no need to in my opinion.
8 Add "Y" splitter to (2) new plug ends and put the unit back in as complete.
Overall the effect is Way powerful and a great improvement if you like that Wow Pow look. Using the 6 pack LED Really gives it a burst of light! So simple to do and I thank #thundergod76 for sharing his personal touch with me. I in turn am sharing his effort with everyone. Love to see people make their game their own! Thanks!

Did a similar thing using the original stern flash at the bottom, and a red one of these under the cap (fits perfectly without having to cut anything, and a very balanced powerful output)....absolutely blazes w full, even color wash:

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p44/Pinball-Mod-Custom-LED-PAD-555-6v

wires for the top pad were soldered directly, heat shrunk, and entire cable fit perfectly through one of the simulated pile support rails. Very clean, takes a little time , but well worth the effort....

#7061 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think Spike drives all of their LED's at 5V. Besides being a litter dimmer than normal, are there any caveats with running the 6.3V matrix LED at 5V?
On the Comet website they state: "Please leave a comment in the order notes if you are using #44/47 bases for controlled lighting or for GI in games operation with the Spike system". So maybe they do something different with the LED if they know its going into a Spike game?
I know cointaker sells single LED and multi-LED flasher's specifically made for Spike games. Not sure what is actually different about those.

I checked with Comet and they said the 6.3 volt LEDs are fine to use for this application. Maybe a touch dimmer but hardly noticable. They have as do others used them for many items in the 5v setup. You can not however use 12v setups in a 5 or 6.3v setups in a 12v as you already know what will happen to them.

#7062 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I checked with Comet and they said the 6.3 volt LEDs are fine to use for this application. Maybe a touch dimmer but hardly noticable. They have as do others used them for many items in the 5v setup. You can not however use 12v setups in a 5 or 6.3v setups in a 12v as you already know what will happen to them.

Correct...hence the redeployment of the original stern flash at base, and hooked pad version 6.3 up top (more coverage and very even balance between the 2, w great power....I'll be out of town this weekend, but shoot some pics when I get back monday.....just another option that for me, was the right choice....

The pad LED is around $3, and a bit of wiring, time

#7063 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

Updated to the latest code (0.83) and started having reset issues. Before I begin troubleshooting, is anyone else having reset issues since the last update?
Thanks,
Ed K.

Did you check your voltage at the wall? If that's okay, you might have a borderline power supply. The node boards are sensitive to drops and your power supply might be dropping low momentarily, causing a reset. If you have a multimeter with clips you can put it on your power supply output and record that with your phone while you're playing, then if there's a reset see if the reading dropped low right around then.

#7064 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok cool. With 6 LED's on there it might be better if it ran a little dimmer.

#7065 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check your voltage at the wall? If that's okay, you might have a borderline power supply. The node boards are sensitive to drops and your power supply might be dropping low momentarily, causing a reset. If you have a multimeter with clips you can put it on your power supply output and record that with your phone while you're playing, then if there's a reset see if the reading dropped low right around then.

Also note the (2x) Stern service bulletins, and get those installed

#7066 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I ran the voltage on it and it is Microscopic. Should be more than safe. Adding 20 filament bulbs would be a different story. lol

#7067 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

correct post heights for your parachute van, along with bracket due to arrive Saturday...Matt close to getting the final wireform out.....this is gonna be good!!!

#7068 6 years ago
Quoted from FourFlippers:

Thanks,
Ed K.

I havent had any resets on mine before or after the update. Didn't one of the service bulletins mention a capacitor fix which might stabilize voltages ?

Do you have a lot of mods installed that might be dragging your power down?

#7069 6 years ago

Can't believe I got between these two bozos arguing about the code!

batman ted joker.jpg (resized).JPGbatman ted joker.jpg (resized).JPG

#7070 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I ran the voltage on it and it is Microscopic. Should be more than safe. Adding 20 filament bulbs would be a different story. lol

I meant better from a visual standpoint rather than electical.

But there is nuclear fusion going on in the pile so maybe people want it to be as bright as the sun.

#7071 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

correct post heights for your parachute van, along with bracket due to arrive Saturday...Matt close to getting the final wireform out.....this is gonna be good!!!

Cool. Take some pics when you get it setup. What post height are you getting?

#7072 6 years ago

Its Finally Here! To the Batcave!!!!!! The Batsignal will shine bright on this day! Write up to follow!

IMG_9933 (resized).jpgIMG_9933 (resized).jpg

#7073 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks awesome. Did you stick the projector on your backbox or go for one of the rear legs to get the image so big?

I have it mounted on a leg pointing up between my games.

#7074 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Cool. Take some pics when you get it setup. What post height are you getting?

Got several different sizes (only had the big one laying around)....believe the 2 1/2" will be perfect. my goal is to have it parallel just over the ramp, allowing for ball travel underneath. This puts the van right in the "action" and prominent on the playfield.

sorry for posting the "van on a stick" shot, but figured that it would give some ideas...obviously won't live that high. Nice blue van over a sparkly ramp, w screaming silver ball underneath....I'll take it.

#7075 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I meant better from a visual standpoint rather than electical.
But there is nuclear fusion going on in the pile so maybe people want it to be as bright as the sun.

I'm happy Thundergod posted his pic..makes me feel ok in posting mine...completely agree..suspect you will like it....

#7076 6 years ago

Ready for the call Commissioner Gordan! Took 8 minutes to install (read the instructions 5 times before it arrived) and after a 6th speed read of Docs awesome write up the deed is done! Took maybe 10 minutes to find a correct place to mount it. As shown I ended up mounting it about 10" up from the bottom of the back box and 6 inches in. Aided slightly towards the game center. While not the largest image it fits the look I was after without clipping the cabinet or other. I really wanted the end result to be a bat Circle and this worked best for my setup with an 8' ceiling. Clarity is Spot on and really looks great. Back to the Batcave to fine tune and Play some Pinball!! Thanks Doc!!!

IMG_9936 (resized).jpgIMG_9936 (resized).jpg

IMG_9935 (resized).jpgIMG_9935 (resized).jpg

#7077 6 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

I have it mounted on a leg pointing up between my games.

Yelobird, looks awesome! Its really fun when you see it turn on when the bat-phone starts ringing.

Since it can be mounted almost anywhere, it will be interesting to see what cool and creative ways people come up with to project the bat signal in their game rooms.

#7078 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yelobird, looks awesome! Its really fun when you see it turn on when the bat-phone starts ringing.
Since it can be mounted almost anywhere, it will be interesting to see what cool and creative ways people come up with to project the bat signal in their game rooms.

Thank You for the perfect attention to detail from package to product. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Yes, there are probably a million ways to mount it. Think it really depends on your ceiling height. Love the game activation and effect it draws. Really completes the full experience. Have to give Stern credit for going outside the box with the topper, theme, almost code, and new signal concepts. Really see this being a Long term benchmark for them and the hobby. Thanks again Doc!

#7079 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Are you,going to offer this enhancement to your pile as an option in the future?

#7080 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Have to give Stern credit for going outside the box with the topper, theme, almost code, and new signal concepts. Really see this being a Long term benchmark for them and the hobby.

I agree 100%. The late code delivery was pretty frustrating but I think Stern did a great job with the other apsects of the game. Great art, fun toys, groovy music, funny custom call outs by original cast, great vintage sound bites from original cast, best use of LCD, best topper, and best overall theme integration.

Plus in a recent facebook post Gomez said we aint seen nothing yet with respect to Lymans code plans.

#7081 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Challenge accepted. I have about 3" of clearance above my topper and the game is 4th in in a row of 11 games with track and can lights interrupting a straight shot to the ceiling, so the Stern Batsignal is useless. I may have to mount the DocSignal (tm) a significant distance from the game to get the right angle and size for a good Batsignal.

As I was trying to figure out possible locations, my wife came downstairs and teased me. "You dreamt about this game room for 15 years and thought of everything except where to put the Batsignal. I can't believe I just said that. You are actually going to have a Batsignal. On the Starship Enterprise. In the basement. And yet no one believes me when I tell them you're just slightly crazy..."

#7082 6 years ago

Love the new bat signal - thanks Doc. Awesome Mod, this game just keeps getting better!

IMG_2352 (resized).JPGIMG_2352 (resized).JPG

#7083 6 years ago

as I understand it a lot of the 1.60 TWD code was done before Batman '66 - there was some beta's floating about.

#7084 6 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Love the new bat signal - thanks Doc. Awesome Mod, this game just keeps getting better!

That looks great!

As an FYI if you want to rotated the projected signal 180 degrees you can open the door on the bottom of the projector, pull out the slide, rotate it 180, then put it back in.

A have couple more bat projectors ready to go if anyone wants one PM me.

#7085 6 years ago

mod couple finally arived in austria!

79666E1D-B9D6-4865-BA70-7D12D409D3A2 (resized).jpeg79666E1D-B9D6-4865-BA70-7D12D409D3A2 (resized).jpeg

E8925427-C3B3-49FE-A7CD-9FCF2758855B (resized).jpegE8925427-C3B3-49FE-A7CD-9FCF2758855B (resized).jpeg

#7086 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

Looks great! But I see you're missing a spacer.

#7087 6 years ago

All of Doc's Bat signals look awesome! Apparently mine is MIA from the Post Office.

#7088 6 years ago

Would buy docs bat signal in a heartbeat but im stuck with this POS stern one, which they claim they are "fixing". Been about 4 months now!!!!!

#7089 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Would buy docs bat signal in a heartbeat but im stuck with this POS stern one, which they claim they are "fixing". Been about 4 months now!!!!!

That sucks! I have a scratched Stern one also. Did you send the entire assembly back to Stern? When they attempted to fix mine I only sent the beacon part.

#7090 6 years ago

That sucks! I have a scratched Stern one also. Did you send the entire assembly back to Stern? When they attempted to fix mine I only sent the beacon part.

They originally asked me to send the entire thing back at my cost (from Australia). I told them they only need the lens part, and they can pay for it to be sent back since it's faulty. Now they say they are trying to fix the problems of the replacement ones and then will send me a new one (just the lens I guess). But it's been months since they said this, and they keep saying "be patient".

#7091 6 years ago

All of Doc's Bat signals look awesome! Apparently mine is MIA from the Post Office.

It was shipped priority so it should have been there weds or thursday. I just looked up your tracking number.and realized there was a typo in the number I sent you. I just pm'ed you the right number. I looked it up and it shows its delayed in Cincinatti but at least its not lost. Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow or early next week.

#7092 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I have the Stern one too - fortunately undamaged - but I'm just disconnecting it and leaving it attached to the game (mostly so I won't lose it) and going with the DocSignal. When I die and my family sells Batman, the new owner can decide which is the better option.

#7093 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

It was shipped priority so it should have been there weds or thursday. I just looked up your tracking number.and realized there was a typo in the number I sent you. I just pm'ed you the right number. I looked it up and it shows its delayed in Cincinatti but at least its not lost. Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow or early next week.

Mine shipped on Monday and each day said it was on its way only to arrive finally on Friday. While they rarely let me down it does appear the holidays are slowing down USPS. It will arrive and will be Worth the wait!

#7094 6 years ago

Can soneone point me where exactly you turn the bat signal on, cannot find it in the menu

#7095 6 years ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Can soneone point me where exactly you turn the bat signal on, cannot find it in the menu

Are you referring to the Stern signal that sits on top of the back box? If so, it should come on/off automatically. Assuming it's connected correctly.

#7096 6 years ago

The new Bat-Analyzer says code is to drop Soon! Until then, the New "Bat-Puter" set is complete and shipping Now. We have created a set of computer housings to finish off the Batcave look and hide those pesky wires. Complete with Bat identification logos (Batman Loved his label-maker!) and finished with a woodgrain rear panel (per Docs suggestion!). A 3 minute topside install and as always completely reversible. Kit comes with a Set of Batcomputers both "Batcomputer" and "Crime Analyzer" to match the playfield and complete the look. PM for interest, shipping Monday. $24.25 (free US shipping) for the complete set with decals mounted and mounting adhesive applied. Thanks as always for everyones interest!! Back to the bat-cave to wait for code from Commissioner Gordon!

The Mod Couple

IMG_9948 (resized).jpgIMG_9948 (resized).jpg
IMG_9947 (resized).jpgIMG_9947 (resized).jpg
IMG_9956 (resized).jpgIMG_9956 (resized).jpg
IMG_9949 (resized).jpgIMG_9949 (resized).jpg
IMG_9950 (resized).jpgIMG_9950 (resized).jpg

#7097 6 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

That looks incredible! Who’s selling it??

#7098 6 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

That looks incredible! Who’s selling it??

PM sent, thank you for your interest

The Mod Couple

#7099 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The new Bat-Analyzer says code is to drop Soon! Until then, the New "Bat-Puter" set is complete and shipping Now. We have created a set of computer housings to finish off the Batcave look and hide those pesky wires. Complete with Bat identification logos (Batman Loved his label-maker!) and finished with a woodgrain rear panel (per Docs suggestion!). A 3 minute topside install and as always completely reversible. Kit comes with a Set of Batcomputers both "Batcomputer" and "Crime Analyzer" to match the playfield and complete the look. PM for interest, shipping Monday. $24.25 (free US shipping) for the complete set with decals mounted and mounting adhesive applied. Thanks as always for everyones interest!! Back to the bat-cave to wait for code from Commissioner Gordon!
The Mod Couple

I'd put a

! WARNING !
FALLING BALLS

Sign (or some kind of "ATTENTION" sign) on the back of the one that ends up over the ball lock when rotated. It would match the more traditional warning signage at the top of the Atomic Pile that isn't label-maker grade like Batman's usual.

Something like so...

falling-balls1 (resized).pngfalling-balls1 (resized).png
falling-balls2 (resized).pngfalling-balls2 (resized).png

#7100 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd put a
! WARNING !
FALLING BALLS
Sign (or some kind of "ATTENTION" sign) on the back of the one that ends up over the ball lock when rotated.

Lol, my wife would Love putting that sticker on everyone! lol How about "Holly-Balls Batman!"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/142?hl=knoler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.