PXL_20240119_215418966 (resized).jpg
2E157914-93A2-4C0A-B4AB-670DC4DD4E4C (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240123_184703380 (resized).jpg
IMG_0717 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0715 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0713 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240114_203723710.MP~2 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

48 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 373.
#7001 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So if your name is :
al, alex, andrew, bob, brandy, brent, buddy, carl, charlie, chris, dan, david

Good to see my name went in there before I cancelled lolllll

rd

#7002 6 years ago

Yay, mines in there. Anyone here skilled enough to do it? Best to wait until the codes done though.

#7003 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So if your name is : ed, eugene, frank, george, harold, jaqueline, jerry, jim

Yes I'm on the list!

#7004 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yay, mines in there. Anyone here skilled enough to do it? Best to wait until the codes done though.

I've been using PB with every update so far. No issues other than all the scripts/requests I change have different file names each time.

#7005 6 years ago

So.....I had a spotlight post, and a very cool parachute recovery van....rest is history....final post height will be 1" lower, just didnt have one lying around....will get one and show final pics w Matts new powdered wireform when it shows, but you get the idea....ready for action!!!

20171129_220008 (resized).jpg20171129_220008 (resized).jpg

20171129_215954 (resized).jpg20171129_215954 (resized).jpg

20171129_220013 (resized).jpg20171129_220013 (resized).jpg

#7006 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So.....I had a spotlight post, and a very cool parachute recovery van....rest is history....final post height will be 1" lower, just didnt have one lying around....will get one and show final pics w Matts new powdered wireform when it shows, but you get the idea....ready for action!!!

Awesome, well done.

I've been wondering where to put this and that is a great spot. Really shows the van in full detail and doesn't cover up Batgirl, but I have the batcopter near there, so will see if it's too crowded.

#7007 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Burt did get an SLE and instead of Adam recording "Burt..Get the Batphone" there a 8 second message recorded by Burt himself to his wife. It basically says he loves her and this game is for her. Wish my wife would buy me a 15K pinball machine.

I'm sure if your wife had as much money as Burt's does you could buy all the pins you want.

#7008 6 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Awesome, well done.
I've been wondering where to put this and that is a great spot. Really shows the van in full detail and doesn't cover up Batgirl, but I have the batcopter near there, so will see if it's too crowded.

Thanks....sitting down an inch just above a red sparkle powdered wireform will make it fit perfectly. The van is so present in Bat turn mode, it's nice to have a legit version on the playfield. Great work Doc!!!! This vehicle is way to cool to hide!!!

#7009 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm going to wait for the new ramp and see where the Eaglemoss Batcopter fits before figuring out where to put the Parachute van and the Batgirl cycle. I do like it where you have it better than at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic though.

#7010 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I'm going to wait for the new ramp and see where the Eaglemoss Batcopter fits before figuring out where to put the Parachute van and the Batgirl cycle. I do like it where you have it better than at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic though.

Agreed....while functional as a ball deflector, was too hidden for my taste.......

#7011 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thats a cool spot I didnt think of. How did you attach it to the post?

#7012 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Thats a cool spot I didnt think of. How did you attach it to the post?

So simple it's crazy.....your vehicle comes (thankfully) w a metal base....simply drilled appropriate sized hole, and used a spare 44 bayonet light mount for the metal bracket (took the socket out, obviously)...1/4" screw and everything snugged nicely....as always, looks WAY better in person when seeing the entire game than the pics show.

I can drop it 1 inch, and still wont interfere w any sight-lines, and fits perfectly w background. I'm an old school spotlight guy, so lucked out with a great position for your mod!!!!

Got the idea when playing my TZ , where I mounted the T-Bird close and angled to a wireform....just seemed a natural fit....

I really like the "vehicle in space" look, and this piece actually appeals to me more than the helicopter or boat (I know, I'm weird)...just enjoy the subtle adds...that van is too cool!!!

#7013 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

OK I think its just because of where I grew up "Berwyn" as Son of Svengoli" would say but that looks to much like the Harlem Cermak "Art" cars on a spindle that only the pigeons loved. lol The mod is awesome and deserves to be on a pedestal just not like that for me. Im sorry but I think Doc Nailed it for location and Game play value replacing the awkward Stern metal plate deserter and adding the Cool Van! Best position for me!

Cars (resized).jpgCars (resized).jpg

IMG_9743 (resized).jpgIMG_9743 (resized).jpg

IMG_9744 (resized).jpgIMG_9744 (resized).jpg

#7014 6 years ago

Anyone have other spots in mind for the van?

#7015 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK I think its just because of where I grew up "Berwyn" as Son of Svengoli" would say but that looks to much like the Harlem Cermak "Art" cars on a spindle that only the pigeons loved. lol The mod is awesome and deserves to be on a pedestal just not like that for me. Im sorry but I think Doc Nailed it for location and Game play value replacing the awkward Stern metal plate deserter and adding the Cool Van! Best position for me!

That's the beauty of mods...personalized for everyone's taste...Think you will have a different perspective when it's lowered, and in parallel w ramp. your pic is way better than mine.....(also reminds me why I'm going to be a hard sell on the pinstadium thing....too many LED's that are way visible...).

#7016 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

It sure does, but the redemption code is not allowed to be used in NZ.

If anyone wants the redemption code for the digital HD fo the Batman episodes, let know by PM as it’s no good to me. You have to reside in the US.

#7017 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's the beauty of mods...personalized for everyone's taste...Think you will have a different perspective when it's lowered, and your pic is way better than mine.....(also reminds me why I'm going to be a hard sell on the pinstadium thing....too many LED's that are way visible...).

Totally agreed and in No way was I criticizing your Personal touch. That is what pinball should be about! With everyone being so critical over scale factor, authentic color specifications, and Exact series replica authenticity we have gotten away from the fact that this is Pinball. An individual fun expression for Your enjoyment! Not to replicate or follow what the OEM, film company, or others have done. I Applaud you taking and Sharing Your creative personal touch and That is all that matters. Do Vans Fly? No. But You like it and shared it for Others to find there own creative vision. Now go finish those creative Ramps! lol
PS My DocVan Location is Better! lol

#7018 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Totally agreed and in No way was I critisizing your Personal touch. That is what pinball should be about! With everyone being so critical over scale factor, authentic color specifications, and Exact series replica authenticity we have gotten away from the fact that this is Pinball. An individual fun expression for Your enjoyment! Not to replicate of follow what the OEM, film company, or others have done. I Applaud you taking and Sharing Your creative personal touch and That is all that matters. Do Vans Fly? No. But You like it and shared it for Others to find there own creative vision. Now go finish those creative Ramps! lol

Ha!!! all good...my van will fly!!!...I put this together in 10 minutes for concept purposes...realized it will rock (for me) when lowered, and bracket extended a bit so it's angled to "flow" above ramp. Just shared for the sake of sharing....fun stuff.....Doc's position was just too hidden for me at players sightline.....bring on the batphone!!!! anxious to play w these toys as I must patiently wait on Matt for the final, deadly ramp!!!

#7019 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

So simple it's crazy.....your vehicle comes (thankfully) w a metal base....simply drilled appropriate sized hole, and used a spare 44 bayonet light mount for the metal bracket (took the socket out, obviously)...1/4" screw and everything snugged nicely....

Due to popular request I'm gonna make another batch of vans. Maybe I should put that hole in the bottom of future ones so people have it as a mounting option.

#7020 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Ha!!! all good...my van will fly!!!...I put this together in 10 minutes for concept purposes...realized it will rock (for me) when lowered, and bracket extended a bit so it's angled to "flow" above ramp. Just shared for the sake of sharing....fun stuff.....Doc's position was just too hidden for me at players sightline.....bring on the batphone!!!! anxious to play w these toys as I must patiently wait on Matt for the final, deadly ramp!!!

"Bring on the batphone"... Challenge Accepted! All orders close to 40 this week shipped and on their way to Batcaves around the world with 50 more kitted and ready to GO! lol Thank you all for your interest in this and all of our products, we appreciate your support.

IMG_9918 (resized).jpgIMG_9918 (resized).jpg

#7021 6 years ago

I think the crane is one of the best toys, ever. But is it worth shooting for given risk/reward in it’s current state? Noticed most people try to avoid it. Will Lyman do more with the crane?

#7022 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

I think the crane is one of the best toys, ever. But is it worth shooting for given risk/reward in it’s current state? Noticed most people try to avoid it. Will Lyman do more with the crane?

Absolutely worth it on new code (.83), but you have to do it strategically (not just all at once). Penguin is the highest scoring villain at the moment. Check it out here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/133#post-4082159

#7023 6 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

My crane rarely registers hits, so no it's not worth it for me. Such a shame to not want to shoot it. Using my finger I can have the pendulum register the hit in the switch test every time but it requires it to be pushed way back.

#7024 6 years ago

Fellas I have a question please? I’ve been away for a few days, before that I did the last update when it was released, played, everything was fine.... I’m just playing right now and when I’m going to arrest a villain I choose the Left Flipper (I like to collect always, never continue) but nobody gets arrested and the game keeps normal, everything besides that it is normal, I did a Multiball, Bat-turn, finally saw a new Batmobile scene with sound, Gadgets, Ball Saved, Locked, everything fine, but when I have the Flipper’s choice... it is not arresting the villain at all, so, it was a change about that with the last update?

Thank you

*just played again and in the play field the Joker light was solid when I arrested him but nothing in the screen when we see the jail and the door is closed...

#7025 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Fellas I have a question please? I’ve been away for a few days, before that I did the last update when it was released, played, everything was fine.... I’m just playing right now and when I’m going to arrest a villain I choose the Left Flipper (I like to collect always, never continue) but nobody gets arrested and the game keeps normal, everything besides that it is normal, I did a Multiball, Bat-turn, finally saw a new Batmobile scene with sound, Gadgets, Ball Saved, Locked, everything fine, but when I have the Flipper’s choice... it is not arresting the villain at all, so, it was a change about that with the last update?
Thank you

Always continue. Much more lucrative.

#7026 6 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

My crane rarely registers hits, so no it's not worth it for me.

Fix it maybe?

rd

#7027 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Fix it maybe?
rd

You know how to make it more sensitive RD?

#7028 6 years ago

I still can’t get any major villians to activate after Villain Escape is done. I went through 3 more extra balls and could only get combo shots and the minor villains. Is there a default setting I need to change, or is this part of the game not yet coded I wonder?

#7029 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You know how to make it more sensitive RD?

Special cream?

Luckily my crane is fine, but you can adjust them. There are threads/posts about how to do it. Search the BMTDK theeads, same mech.

rd

#7030 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The episode LE's and gadget LE's were randomly mixed. Plenty of both types in US and overseas.

For the SLE owners Adam West was recorded saying their first name followed by "..get the batphone". Not sure if that is working in current code but If you look at pinball browser you can hear all the names. So if your name is :
al, alex, andrew, bob, brandy, brent, buddy, carl, charlie, chris, dan, david, dennis, dino, ed, eugene, frank, george, harold, jaqueline, jerry, jim, jimmy, joe, john, julian, justin, ken, kevin, lee, lloyd, marcus, mark, martin, micheal, mike, neil, paul, peter, rich, richard, robert, ron, saul, scott, steven, thomas, tim, todd, tony, travis, or victor
you could theoretically use pinball browser to extract the clip of your name and re-assign it to replace the sound effect when when the bat-phone is lit so you could hear Batman call you by name! Unfortunately no one with name name got an SLE so I'm out of luck on that one.

Yay! Victor is in there! Not a common name north of Mexico!

#7031 6 years ago

Holy Code King Batman!!

I know this is a little off topic, but we have all spoke about how Lyman is shaping up BM66 to be his next TWD masterpiece, plus this is a great reminder to us all why we brought BM66, theme aside - because of Lyman and #In Lyman We Trust!

This is likely one of the reasons Lyman has been a little delayed with BM66 code, which I have no problem with considering this is a huge update, it just leaves me to wonder exactly how much he is going to pump into BM66, Lyman you are AWESOME!

Posted today on Stern's website.

V1.60.0 - Nov. 30, 2017
=======================

- Timers paused when the ball is in the crossbow.
- Increased the size of the RGB LED system memory pool such that
allocations for a larger number of simultaneous effects would not
fail.
- Changed ON/OFF implementation of the LEDs so they approximate the lamp
levels.
- Implemented the HORDE flasher.
- Added WALKER BOMBS to instant info.
- Added an adjustment (and increased the amount of time) for the CROSSBOW
MOTOR switch lockout. This adjustment specifies the amount of time to
lock out switch activity for the crossbow to handle the case where the
motor moves opposite the desired direction, which requires more time
for the switches to be ignored. This adjustment solves the problem on
some games where the player would not be able to fire the ball after
loading the CROSSBOW.
- The RIGHT DROP TARGET was not waiting long enough between raise/lower
during ball search to allow a stuck ball (behind the target) to be freed
up. This has been corrected.

- The CROSSBOW mode was allowed to start during HORDE and LAST MAN
STANDING. This has been corrected.
- Added dynamic stacking of background display/music for PRISON and
WELL modes, such that the player will see/hear the backgrounds that
correspond to the last mode that was started.
- Changed background lamp effect priorities so more important lamps
could be seen (i.e. CDC lamps over PRISON lamps).
- Trough ball serve at the start of HORDE / LAST MAN STANDING was not
being held off long enough for the ball-in-play to be cleared from the
shooter lane. This has been corrected.
- LAST MAN STANDING was allowed to start during multiball (PRISON, WELL,
BLOOD BATH) and HORDE. This has been corrected.
- The accessibility of the WOODBURY SKILL SHOT awards is reset when all
of the awards have been collected.
- Fixed a problem with the WOODBURY SKILL SHOT where none of the good
awards would show up unless they were all lit on one ball.
- Lowered scoring for LAST MAN STANDING.
- Removed shot scoring cap for LAST MAN STANDING.
- Added sounds for PRISON MULTIBALL victory laps and WELL MULTIBALL
victory laps.
- Fixed a bug in the auto-percentaged extra ball module that would
sometimes set the extra ball value (walker kills) to an out of range
value.
- The background lamp effect for SIEGE was allowed to run when the awards
for SIEGE were not allowed (due to other rules, e.g. HORDE, etc.).
This has been corrected.
- Changed the number of target bank completions to light modes for
COMPETITION to always be 1.
- PRISON MULTIBALL super jackpot now starts at 1M instead of 0.
- PRISON MULTIBALL victory lap jackpot now starts at 500K instead of 0.
- Added SIEGE status to PRISON MULTIBALL background display effect.
- CROSSBOW scores carryover ball to ball changed from NO to YES. This
should help make CROSSBOW FRENZY more valuable.
- HORDE background now renders the text over the advancing walkers.
- Added an adjustment (default=YES) to HORDE that relights all killed
walkers with the exception of the walker that is associated with the
shot that was just made.
- Fixed a bug in the HORDE mode which would cause the game to reset when
the last walker was killed to advance to the next level.
- 2x playfield status now displayed in the shot multiplier HSTD roll.
- Added and adjustment to light "ESCAPE" for HORDE after a certain number
of levels have been completed (default: 3 levels).
- After the required number of levels have been completed, when the
player is down to 1 ball, the WOODBURY shot is lit for ESCAPE.
- Shooting the WOODBURY shot with ESCAPE lit allows the player to
either continue to fight the HORDE (left flipper: FIGHT) or to ESCAPE
the HORDE (right flipper: ESCAPE).
- If the player chooses FIGHT, the ball is auto-launched back onto
the playfield and the HORDE mode continues.
- If the player chooses ESCAPE, the HORDE mode ends, a bonus is
awarded, and the SKILL SHOT is started.
- If the player plunges (launches) the ball back onto the playfield
without making a choice, the HORDE mode continues.
- Added a setting (default: OFF, competition default: ON) that pauses
the advancement of the walkers during HORDE when the FIGHT/ESCAPE
screen is being displayed and the game is waiting for input from
the player.
- Added an adjustment for losing HORDE (the walkers advanced too far
and bit the player) to either serve a new ball (default, as before)
or go to bonus (competition).
- Added TOWER HITS and TOWER EXTRA BALL to instant info.
- Increased the scoring for the ESCAPE TERMINUS mode.
- Fixed MULTIKILL mode start display effects from showing "MULTIKILL
VALUE 00" when the values are set to reset at HORDE start and HORDE is
started before the MULTIKILL start display effects have had a chance
to run.
- Changed the update priority of the background lamp effect for the
fire button so it will run first and not be excluded by in-game lamp
effects that cannot run.
- SKILL SHOT scores now rendered using the outline font.
- Changed score type to 64-bit so scores will not roll at 4B.
- Fixed a render-order bug in the LAST MAN STANDING background display
effect that was causing the back right walker kill to be rendered over
the far right walker.
- If the player scored an 8X, 11X, 18X, or 80X-89X multiplier for the
X champion, the prefix (A) was wrong. This has been corrected.
- Fixed an issue where fading the music volume would cause the music to
cut out entirely.
- Removed score caps for BARN, TUNNEL, and ARENA modes (shot acores are
allowed to increase without limit).
- BARN shot score increase per shot changed from 500k to 750k.
- SLINGSHOT types were not baing flagged as such; this has been corrected.
- Increased consecutive ARENA ramp shot score multiplier from x3, x4, x5,
... to x3, x6, x9, ...
- TUNNEL mode scores increased by 2.5M a shot when all shots (not
including the tunnel shot, of course) are completed and reset.
- BARN mode switch hit increment (one for each barn shot made) increased
from 10K to 12.5K.
- Fixed player up effects so they wait for speech and don't end on a
blank frame.
- Changed previous mode scores for TUNNEL from 1M to 1.25M.
- Tripled the scores for SIEGE.
- Fixed a bug in the loop code that would allow multiple X shots within
a time period.
- WALKER KILLS minimum # lit increased from 3 to 4.
- The "timers off" logic was not checking for HORDE or LAST MAN STANDING.
These modes CAN be multiball, but also run with only one ball on the
playfield (the mode does not end when the player drains down to 1 ball).
This has been corrected.
- Changed previous mode scores for ARENA from 250k to 500k.
- Fixed switches from showing up in the tech alert when they are not
broken. These include:
TOURNAMENT START BUTTON
START BUTTON
LEFT COIN
CENTER COIN
RIGHT COIN
FOURTH COIN
FIFTH COIN
DEDICATED #6, #7, #8, #14, #16, #20 (NOT USED)
TILT PENDULUM
SLAM TILT (OPTIONAL)
TICKET NOTCH
TEST ESCAPE, MINUS, PLUS, ENTER
DIP #1 - #8

#7032 6 years ago

Wow, Lyman found time to fit that update in while under the gun on BM66? At least we know that he still plays the "long" game when it comes to perfecting game code. Now, we've got to get all the great code call out and music modifiers back into action.

#7033 6 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Wow, Lyman found time to fit that update in while under the gun on BM66? At least we know that he still plays the "long" game when it comes to perfecting game code. Now, we've got to get all the great code call out and music modifiers back into action.

Yeah it is why I posted it in here, not only did it blow me away to see the long rumoured/promised code drop for TWD, but its a great reminder for us all how god damn good Lyman is and that he always sees it through, I am even more pumped to see what he does with BM and just how much he is going to cram into it by the time he considers it finished.

#7034 6 years ago

That good for TWD owners, but this doesn't help Stern's narrative regarding Lyman on Batman 66.

I bought Batman early only because Lyman was on the code and because I thought if he was signing the playfield he would want to make the game epic. I still believe that will eventually be the case, but I don't like that Batman will be delayed further because of the TWD update.

How much further can Stern get behind with "blink the lights code" at release before it snowballs to the point the programmers can never catch up (if we aren't already there)?

I sure hope Stern understands what Lyman means to their brand and that it's pretty much up to him to save Batman from going down as Stern's Anniversary fiasco.

#7035 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That good for TWD owners, but this doesn't help Stern's narrative regarding Lyman on Batman 66.
I bought Batman early only because Lyman was on the code and because I thought if he was signing the playfield he would want to make the game epic. I still believe that will eventually be the case, but I don't like that Batman will be delayed further because of the TWD update.
How much further can Stern get behind with "blink the lights code" at release before it snowballs to the point the programmers can never catch up (if we aren't already there)?
I sure hope Stern understands what Lyman means to their brand and that it's pretty much up to him to save Batman from going down as Stern's Anniversary fiasco.

Glass half full. Great things to come. Time to be positive.

#7036 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Something tells me Lyman is coding BM on the clock and has been doing TWD off the clock on his own time, I agree with what your saying above and now Lyman must consider TWD complete, I am sure come the end of this year Lyman will have us at least feature complete and will shift to working on Elvira on the clock and BM66 on his own time adding and refining like he has done to TWD over the years.

It is not ideal and Stern need to sort there shit out fast! But I would rather wait a couple years for another Lyman masterpiece than get another Lonnie cut and paste within a couple months.

#7037 6 years ago

We’ve been getting our updates lately as promised. No idea how much time Lyman was involved in the Twd update but we don’t have much to complain about at this time. All eyes on the Christmas update.

#7038 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

We’ve been getting our updates lately as promised. No idea how much time Lyman was involved in the Twd update but we don’t have much to complain about at this time. All eyes on the Christmas update.

Whole update comes across as Lyman, probably with Elwin lending a hand to find bugs deep in the code, but if I was a betting man I would say Lyman was heavily involved in the update, which as I said above is a great reminder for us owners of BM66 that we are sitting on another Lyman masterpiece in the making. Which reminds me did anyone else notice the BM66 inspired tweak to TWD/Horde?

- Added and adjustment to light "ESCAPE" for HORDE after a certain number
of levels have been completed (default: 3 levels).
- After the required number of levels have been completed, when the
player is down to 1 ball, the WOODBURY shot is lit for ESCAPE.
- Shooting the WOODBURY shot with ESCAPE lit allows the player to
either continue to fight the HORDE (left flipper: FIGHT) or to ESCAPE
the HORDE (right flipper: ESCAPE).
- If the player chooses FIGHT, the ball is auto-launched back onto
the playfield and the HORDE mode continues.
- If the player chooses ESCAPE, the HORDE mode ends, a bonus is
awarded, and the SKILL SHOT is started.

Horde Cliffhangers

#7039 6 years ago

Maybe picking up a secondhand BM66 what are the 'must have' mods? I didnt want to pollute this thread so I started a new one but if people prefer here thats cool too. Thanks https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-bm66-mod-thread

#7040 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Something tells me Lyman is coding BM on the clock and has been doing TWD off the clock on his own time, I agree with what your saying above and now Lyman must consider TWD complete, I am sure come the end of this year Lyman will have us at least feature complete and will be working on Elvira on the clock and BM66 on his own time adding and refining

This is most likely the case, but at some point the cycle has to be broken. No one should have to depend on Lyman working in his free time in order to finish a game properly. That's nuts. Very generous of him, but nuts.

Batman is the super duper Anniversary game. I don't want it to be "feature complete"; I want what we were promised - Lyman being allowed to work on it until he thought it was fitting of the flagship Anniversary game. That means a lot of polish beyond "feature complete".

I really like the idea behind a third Elvira game, but absolutely not considering one until Batman is complete. So no need to spend any time on Elvira until Batman is finished.

#7041 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Maybe picking up a secondhand BM66 what are the 'must have' mods? I didnt want to pollute this thread so I started a new one but if people prefer here thats cool too. Thanks https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-bm66-mod-thread

Before you look at any other mods, jump to Yelobird pinside shop for his Atomic Pile that's a must, plus he has a bunch of other mods most are great and a few subjective to tastes so get what you need/like, then search for MK6PIN replacement left ramp mod, once you have those on order go give mezel a look.

#7042 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

This is most likely the case, but at some point the cycle has to be broken.

Completely agree and I think the backlog is starting to catch up to them, if GOTG isn't a result of that then WTF happened.

Quoted from jfh:

No one should have to depend on Lyman working in his free time in order to finish a game properly. That's nuts. Very generous of him, but nuts..

Very true, as much as I appreciate Lyman working on what is rumoured/presumed to be his own time, which BTW I am hugely greatful for if indeed true, it most certainly shouldn't come to that, Stern need to realise how much of a valuable asset he is an allocate him the appropriate time or pay the man ALOT of overtime.

Quoted from jfh:

Batman is the super duper Anniversary game. I don't want it to be "feature complete"; I want what we were promised - Lyman being allowed to work on it until he thought it was fitting of the flagship Anniversary game. That means a lot of polish beyond "feature complete".
I really like the idea behind a third Elvira game, but absolutely not considering one until Batman is complete. So no need to spend any time on Elvira until Batman is finished.

Again totally agree, but the reality is probably going to be closer to what I predicted above (unless Lyman pulls out magically huge update, he is only human though) feature complete this year and then continual updates, tweaks, additions and bug fixes until he feels its complete, hopefully I am wrong on the time frame as I would like to have TWD and BM66 next to each other both complete and awesome sooner rather than later.

But if I have to sit and wait I will take a code journey like something out of a Tolkien novel with Lyman, rather than a code journey similar to a movie trailer that is Lonnie's cut and paste style of recent releases.

#7043 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

My recommendations:

yelobird's Atomic Pile and Batmobile spinner mods (if you only get two, get these)
Mezel Mods Gotham City sign (and maybe Penitentiary sign)
mk6pin replacement left ramp (coming soon)
Docquest or yelobird mods to Batphone
Docquest Parachute Pickup van
Docquest style mini Batsignal mod for playfield
Docquest Batsignal mod (if not using Stern version)
Hallmark Catwoman with lighted jewel (see MT45 notes earlier in the thread)
PiperPinball Batman logo headbox side bracket replacements
yelobird mounting platform for either Eaglemoss or Hot Wheels cars by shooter lane (or Mezel Mods lighted Batmobile)
Helicopter mounted on left ramp (Eaglemoss, Hallmark or Hot Wheels)
Mezel Mods Penguin Crane kit and yelobird umbrella topper
Neon Playfield plastic protectors

There are also some other Hot Wheels or Eaglemoss toy options (Batboat, Batcycle or Batgirl cycle) that are popular as well as the Joker Hallmark ornament.

#7044 6 years ago

What it means to me, as before all of this BM66 drama, I'll consider buying a Stern pin with Lyman on board any day all day.

I agree Jon, I'm thinking Elwin had a hand in this too.

#7045 6 years ago

Anyone have any good replacement instruction cards?

#7046 6 years ago

Thanks Yelobird for a Much better Batphone! Also added another post light to the top of my atomic pile. Turned out great!

VIDEO0077_0000000500 (resized).jpgVIDEO0077_0000000500 (resized).jpg

#7047 6 years ago

Powder coated my left ramp red so now I have a poor man’s LE

8F043C4A-2B41-4ED7-B538-4F4B5B0BFF26 (resized).jpeg8F043C4A-2B41-4ED7-B538-4F4B5B0BFF26 (resized).jpeg

#7048 6 years ago

Well, I finally got to play this on Sunday ( Thx to RD) And ...... I really liked it, With Lyman on this I think it will turn out to be a classic.

#7049 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Well, I finally got to play this on Sunday ( Thx to RD) And ...... I really liked it, With Lyman on this I think it will turn out to be a classic.

It’s a great game mate.

#7050 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Anyone playing this with an open mind from now on should love it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 18,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/141 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.