IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 374.
#6951 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I would double check the orientation of your plug connecting to CN6. Make sure the black wire is connected to GND (ground) printed on the circuit board.

premium_CN6_empty (resized).jpgpremium_CN6_empty (resized).jpg

#6952 6 years ago

I used hot glue gun on my node boards, between the affected areas and really works great and was easy to apply,I tryed the spacer and zips and this works better imho

#6953 6 years ago

I checked both the mod and topper, when plugged in individually both work and the ground is at the top as marked on the board. When I combined them with the z connector I lined up all black on one side and red the other, plugged the mod into the board with ground at top. Mod lights, not the topper. Topper will only light if plugged directly into cn6. Gotta be a better way, I really like the speaker lights.

#6954 6 years ago

Is that the Batman 66 font, @docquest? Where do I get it?

#6955 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Is that the Batman 66 font, docquest? Where do I get it?

This one ? Should be close..

http://www.world-fonts.com/font/show/adelaideplain-adelaide

#6956 6 years ago

That certainly looks like it. Thanks!

#6957 6 years ago
Quoted from Batman60:

I checked both the mod and topper, when plugged in individually both work and the ground is at the top as marked on the board. When I combined them with the z connector I lined up all black on one side and red the other, plugged the mod into the board with ground at top. Mod lights, not the topper. Topper will only light if plugged directly into cn6. Gotta be a better way, I really like the speaker lights.

Well your debugging has shown the ropper is good, CN6 is good, and main wire in speaker light harness is good.

All thats left is that the second connector on the speaker light harness isnt making a good connection to the main wire . If you plug the topper into it can you poke something thin (but not metal, something like the tine on plastic fork) into the top of the connector to make sure the wire is pushed down far enough into the IDC connector.

You could also try plugging the second IDC connector into CN6 (not the one on the end of harness, the one that a couple inches up from it). If the connector is good than the speaker lights should still come on when plugged in to CN6.

#6958 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well your debugging has shown the ropper is good, CN6 is good, and main wire in speaker light harness is good.
All thats left is that the second connector on the speaker light harness isnt making a good connection to the main wire . If you plug the topper into it can you poke something thin (but not metal, something like the tine on plastic fork) into the top of the connector to make sure the wire is pushed down far enough into the IDC connector.
You could also try plugging the second IDC connector into CN6 (not the one on the end of harness, the one that a couple inches up from it). If the connector is good than the speaker lights should still come on when plugged in to CN6.

I believe we are all set. Turns out there was an issue with the Second Molex connector not biting through the wire shield. Hence one plug worked the other not. New harness in route and he knows how to find me Anytime! lol

#6959 6 years ago

The font I use is called "AdLib" its looks just like the you linked so its proably the same.

#6960 6 years ago

On pins and needles waiting for the Doc SPot to arrive! Read his install thread front to back 3 times with area prepped. lol

#6961 6 years ago

I emailed Chas directly at [email protected] with my request and serial number.

Thank you So much for the advise and direction. You were correct, one email and Bam he was on it! Helps to know the right people. Thank you.

#6962 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

On pins and needles waiting for the Doc SPot to arrive! Read his install thread front to back 3 times with area prepped. lol

Ditto!!

#6963 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Read his install thread front to back 3 times with area prepped. lol

Let me guess, once it arrives you'll be so excited you just start plugging stuff in willy nilly without reading any of the instructions I so carefully made and put in the package for you to read.

Whoever gets it first can find all the grammar and spelling errors I made. There's probably a bunch of them in there.

#6964 6 years ago

I emailed Chas with my serial # and referenced the part numbers of each kit. Just received an email and he said they're on the way!

Ditto......

#6965 6 years ago

I know some BM66 club members are also following the GotG threads. I was just over on one and read about the badly botched call outs which sound nothing like the movie actors. As much as I've been critical of BM66 code, at least the license is whole and about as complete as we could hope for, minus the movie, of course. We also have Lyman on code instead of Lonnie, so I think we dodged several bullets. Music and call outs are increasingly a risk when buying a NIB game because that info is generally not known initially. As much as I've been peeved about BM66 code status, it saved me from pre-ordering GotG, which I almost certainly would have done had it not provoked me into boycotting Stern NIB games. Whew! I hope the owners who did bite can find some sort of TWD-like solution.

#6966 6 years ago

I have to post here (now that the mods are going crazy) ....LED strips and certain other mods use substantial power. I always put and external (in the cabinet base) power supply (12v 60 amps) to safely drive all my mods, without overdoing it on the factory supply.

May seem like overkill, but my heavily modded IMVE would cause a major sag and certain things would lock up, or not work properly, before I put the supply in.

Wired into DK active distro, and you're good to go.....0 worries, and I wire it to cycle on w power switch. Peace of mind, and pretty inexpensive (a typically computer power supply gives you more than you'll ever need, at several voltages).....

#6967 6 years ago

That's what I was getting at before. I thought that if you have doc's Batsignal mod you could plug another wall wart into the relay to have external power for more mods instead of taxing CN6.

#6968 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thank you So much for the advise and direction. You were correct, one email and Bam he was on it! Helps to know the right people. Thank you.

Stern support is actually quite good. I always reach to the factory first....

#6969 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I have to post here (now that the mods are going crazy) ....LED strips and certain other mods use substantial power. I always put and external (in the cabinet base) power supply (12v 60 amps) to safely drive all my mods, without overdoing it on the factory supply.
May seem like overkill, but my heavily modded IMVE would cause a major sag and certain things would lock up, or not work properly, before I put the supply in.
Wired into DK active distro, and you're good to go.....0 worries, and I wire it to cycle on w power switch. Peace of mind, and pretty inexpensive (a typically computer power supply gives you more than you'll ever need, at several voltages).....

For premium users of my batsignal projector mod you have an added bonus capability of an extra game activated AC outlet. This extra outlet gives you an easy way to plug in AC adapters (wall warts) to power mods without using 12v or 5v from the game power supply or node boards.

#6970 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That's what I was getting at before. I thought that if you have doc's Batsignal mod you could plug another wall wart into the relay to have external power for more mods instead of taxing CN6.

Yes for premium users its super easy because the relay is mounted in the back box and its triggered to be on whenever the game is on.

LE users is different since the relay is switched on/off during game play so its not always on when the game is on like the premium version. You could wire up the LE up like the premium but then you lose the game interactivity of the signal.

For LE owners that want to keep the projector mod game controlled but still want a to power mods without taxing Stern power supply there is a solution. Just mount a second power relay switch in the base cabinet and trigger it off CN6. Thats what I'm using in my game.

#6971 6 years ago

I see I *still* didn't understand how the mod worked.

But since I don't expect to run anything other than the doc Signal and Pinstadium, I should be ok. Until one of you mod geniuses develops a motorized Batcopter mod ...

#6972 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But since I don't expect to run anything other than the doc Signal and Pinstadium, I should be ok.

JFH, you have an LE so your projector mod doesnt use CN6 it uses the Stern LE connecter in the topper that has the projector on/off trigger.

For either version of my mod, the current draw to trigger the AC relay is only a few milliamps. Less than the current draw of a single LED. All the power to drive the super bright LED in the projector is from AC power not CN6 or the topper connector.

Pinstadium has almost 200 LED's on it. So even though it appears to work fine via CN6 I still prefer to power it from an separate power adapter to avoid over taxing the Stern supply.

#6973 6 years ago

OK bat-confession. I have only captured the four main Villains 1 time since owning this machine to light the center signal. Though my scores are fairly high do I just plain suck or am I using the wrong strategy? Getting into the Billions though needing more Villains is not one of my issues at this time. lol My wife and I played for 3 hours today and while we had great fun and scores we laughed at how far we have to go. At this rate the wimpy 5 ball setting is in my future if this code gets much deeper. lolol We did start watching the entire 3 season set of Batman 66 so That should help with scores!

#6974 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Pinstadium has almost 200 LED's on it. So even though it appears to work fine via CN6 I still prefer to power it from an separate power adapter to avoid over taxing the Stern supply.

This. ......Im going to have to dive into that thread, as Im sure current draw is a scary #

#6975 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK bat-confession. I have only captured the four main Villains 1 time since owning this machine to light the center signal. Though my scores are fairly high do I just plain suck or am I using the wrong strategy? Getting into the Billions though needing more Villains is not one of my issues at this time. lol My wife and I played for 3 hours today and while we had great fun and scores we laughed at how far we have to go. At this rate the wimpy 5 ball setting is in my future if this code gets much deeper. lolol We did start watching the entire 3 season set of Batman 66 so That should help with scores!

Do you have villain stacking turned on? When stacking is on you end up starting villain modes without even trying.

Season 3 is a tough one. They replaced the great Nelson Riddle with mediocre Bob May for the music. The budget was cut and it really shows in the sets the used for the villains. It has has Batgirl going for it but not much else. Season 1 and 2 are so much better. There are a couple good ones in there like the King Tut episodes, and the Surfing episode with the Joker. Gotta love Commisioner Gordon and O'Hara undercover at the beach as "Duke and "Buzzy". Falls into the so bad its good category.

10-4 (resized).png10-4 (resized).png

tumblr_orczglXYNd1qmob6ro1_500.giftumblr_orczglXYNd1qmob6ro1_500.gif

#6976 6 years ago

Yelobird Villain stacking makes getting to the first Wizard mode 10x easier. You need to make about 1/2 of the shots you would need to make if you have it off. With it on, basically every shot makes some sort of progress.

I think it's significantly less fun, and you lose a lot of the charm of all call-outs and clips in the game. However, if you want to see the wiz mode, that's the easiest way.

#6977 6 years ago

This machine is really starting to peak my interest.

#6978 6 years ago

Don't know about anyone else but I'm too busy either trying to be greedy on the Gordon target or just keep on continuing to get the maximum x out of each villain. I have not got a hope of getting the 4 villains unless I go 5 balls and that isn't happening soon. .Bad enough trying to get two.I haven't tried stacking yet but that's because I'm really enjoying it the way it is.
Love a challenge and it definitely has one for me.

#6979 6 years ago

How does the spinner value work? I watched a video on .83 code and it said ‘Spinner increased=50,000’ but next shot to middle spinner only scored peanuts.

Isn’t it supposed to score 50K per spin for Big Points?! Bug?

#6980 6 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Don't know about anyone else but I'm too busy either trying to be greedy on the Gordon target or just keep on continuing to get the maximum x out of each villain. I have not got a hope of getting the 4 villains unless I go 5 balls and that isn't happening soon. .Bad enough trying to get two.I haven't tried stacking yet but that's because I'm really enjoying it the way it is.
Love a challenge and it definitely has one for me.

Thank goodness, at least there is One other player at my level. lol I tried the stacking (in a previous post) and it did not appear to be working correctly for me? Each bonus or phone hit would say 00 points awarded? May try it again to beat these Villains!

#6981 6 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

This machine is really starting to peak my interest.

It should. Its an awesome game. One of the few newer Sterns fearuring: great art, cool toys, great LCD imtegration (on main and mini displays), custom callouts by original actors, vintage sound clips from original actors (villains, alred, gordon, etc.), great music, gameplay that is fun and can be approached different ways.

For those who havent watched the show very much here's a rundown of some of the better episodes to look out for. You can get the bluray of the complete series for $55 on Amazon.

https://13thdimension.com/james-tuckers-13-favorite-batman-66-episodes/

#6982 6 years ago

A year ago in another thread MK6PIN said

'Believe Gomez referenced the " 120 episodes and 120 bat toys" that will distinguish the units. Also said there would be some " reference in some way" tying in voice clips or animation stuff that was unique to your model....I was still sleepy, and he was talking fast....'

Any LE owner seen or heard anything that indicates this is in the code? I know there is custom speech for the SLEs, but haven't noticed anything similar on my LE

#6983 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A year ago in another thread mk6pin said
'Believe Gomez referenced the " 120 episodes and 120 bat toys" that will distinguish the units. Also said there would be some " reference in some way" tying in voice clips or animation stuff that was unique to your model....I was still sleepy, and he was talking fast....'
Any LE owner seen or heard anything that indicates this is in the code? I know there is custom speech for the SLEs, but haven't noticed anything similar on my LE

Mine says "redruM" all night in attract mode does that count?

#6984 6 years ago

Doc,
I love the little batman touches to the packaging for the spotlight. Can’t wait to tear it open and dig in tonight. Thank you

#6985 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Mine says "redruM" all night in attract mode does that count?

Ghosts in the machine, @yelobird?

#6986 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those who havent watched the show very much here's a rundown of some of the better episodes to look out for. You can get the bluray of the complete series for $55 on Amazon.

I went this route for a few more dollars...

https://www.target.com/p/batman-complete-series-blu-ray/-/A-16251717?ref=&ref=OpsEmail_Order_280&j=7173&sfmc_sub=202581835&l=20_HTML&u=1856896&mid=7284873&jb=214890

#6987 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Doc,
I love the little batman touches to the packaging for the spotlight. Can’t wait to tear it open and dig in tonight. Thank you

I was wondering who'd be first to get theirs up and running. A plain white address label looks so boring so I decided to add some Bat-Tusi action to it! Hopefully my instructions are easy to follow.

#6988 6 years ago

Nice score. Thats a great price for the limited edition set. It has some nice swag with the batmobile, trading cards, and adam west scrapbook.

Plus I think that set includes the digital HD codes for every sinvle episode. I dont think tou get that with the regular bluray set.

#6989 6 years ago

I hate storing media. When will Netflix stream the series? They had the movie on briefly.

#6990 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Plus I think that set includes the digital HD codes for every sinvle episode. I dont think tou get that with the regular bluray set.

It sure does, but the redemption code is not allowed to be used in NZ.

#6991 6 years ago

Kudos to Docquest for a fantastic mod. My ceiling is very low and I could never use the Stern Projector.

IMG_20171129_145339 (resized).jpgIMG_20171129_145339 (resized).jpg

#6992 6 years ago

When you are modding your pin don’t do what I did. I’m sure you won’t but....

I got a little excited pulling the PF and dropped it right into the bottom of the cab

They don’t make those rails like the good old days

Anyhow, bent the assembly housing, after a few tries unsuccessfully I called my great tech guy who got it lined up and adjusted finally!

Back in perfect working order and ready to install Doc’s bat signal

#6993 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

A year ago in another thread mk6pin said

I'm pretty sure he had said the 240 LE's would be broken into 2 groups....120 episode models that would go overseas, and 120 bat toy models that would be in the States.

The custom speech stuff was referencing the SLE only, as I recall (I stay sleepy whenever possible.......

#6994 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I'm pretty sure he had said the 240 LE's would be broken into 2 groups....120 episode models that would go overseas, and 120 bat toy models that would be in the States.
The custom speech stuff was referencing the SLE only, as I recall (I stay sleepy whenever possible.......

As we discussed before, it explains why my #3 LE Episode had a Spanish instruction card. Clearly it never left the USA though.

#6995 6 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Kudos to Docquest for a fantastic mod. My ceiling is very low and I could never use the Stern Projector.

Forgive my ignorance. New to this thread.

Is this projector tied into the game code like the Stern one, or on all the time?

Do you need higher than 8' ceilings for the Stern one?

#6996 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Is this projector tied into the game code like the Stern one, or on all the time?

if you have an LE it will trigger on/off during game play. If you have a premium it will be on all the time.

However for the premium, you could tie the trigger to any insert/lamp/flasher if you wanted to. I didn't find lamps in the game that seemed to be a good trigger though. I thought about using the same trigger used used by the mini bat-signal on the SLE's. The connector for that is on all the games but during attract it flashes and and I though it just looked better to be on all the time for premium users.

#6997 6 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Looks awesome. Did you stick the projector on your backbox or go for one of the rear legs to get the image so big?

#6998 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The episode LE's and gadget LE's were randomly mixed. Plenty of both types in US and overseas.

Quoted from MK6PIN:

For the SLE owners Adam West was recorded saying their first name followed by "..get the batphone". Not sure if that is working in current code but If you look at pinball browser you can hear all the names. So if your name is :
al, alex, andrew, bob, brandy, brent, buddy, carl, charlie, chris, dan, david, dennis, dino, ed, eugene, frank, george, harold, jaqueline, jerry, jim, jimmy, joe, john, julian, justin, ken, kevin, lee, lloyd, marcus, mark, martin, micheal, mike, neil, paul, peter, rich, richard, robert, ron, saul, scott, steven, thomas, tim, todd, tony, travis, or victor

you could theoretically use pinball browser to extract the clip of your name and re-assign it to replace the sound effect when when the bat-phone is lit so you could hear Batman call you by name! Unfortunately no one with name name got an SLE so I'm out of luck on that one.

#6999 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

The episode LE's and gadget LE's were randomly mixed. Plenty of both types in US and overseas.

For the SLE owners Adam West was recorded saying their first name followed by "..get the batphone".

you could theoretically use pinball browser to extract the clip of your name and re-assign it to replace the sound effect when when the bat-phone is lit so you could hear Batman call you by name! Unfortunately no one with name name got an SLE so I'm out of luck on that one.

Bummer your name isn't there. But I'm surprised "Burt" isn't there either ...

#7000 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bummer your name isn't there. But I'm surprised "Burt" isn't there either ...

Burt did get an SLE and instead of Adam recording "Burt..Get the Batphone" there a 8 second message recorded by Burt himself to his wife. It basically says he loves her and this game is for her. Wish my wife would buy me a 15K pinball machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 26.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 18,685 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/140?hl=6point5degrees and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.