IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7492 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7489 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 374.
#6851 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Probably just gonna stay with my Batmobile and Batgirl cycle in my shooter lane.

Which Batgirl cycle did you get?

Quoted from cooked71:

Riddler is the only villain without cliffhangers yet. I'm assuming its to come.

I doubt Lyman would have 3 out of the 4 main villains with cliffhangers and leave 1 without, hopefully it’s in the next update as more Gorshin/Riddler is only a good thing, he was phenomenal as The Riddler, easily as good as Romero’s Joker, it’s a shame Gorshin had issues that stopped him being in Season 2 & 3, other than one episode if I have remembered that correctly.

#6852 6 years ago

Does anyone have these Batman Intro blades and can share a photo of how they look in the game? Can't decide which blades to buy. Thanks!

file (resized).jpgfile (resized).jpg

#6853 6 years ago

Personally I think the 2 versions Stern do are the best.

#6854 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Which Batgirl cycle did you get?

The 1:50 cycle from the SDCC 2008 exclusive set.

#6855 6 years ago

The 1:50 cycle from the SDCC 2008 exclusive set.

Oh nice, those are hard to find especially at a good price, there is 1 on eBay currently for £270!!

I was lucky to pick my SDCC set up for £35 including postage, was really happy with that little steal.

#6856 6 years ago

My backbox GI is dark. In my WPCs I know how to troubleshoot this stuff. Anyone have any guidance?

#6857 6 years ago

I know this has already been posted, but I can't seem to find it. How are you guys speeding up the turn table movement? I turned on stacking major villians, but the turn table is just too darn slow to make transitions sometimes. Thanks for the help!

Brian

#6858 6 years ago

What is supposed to happen after you finish the villain escape multiball? I can’t get any of the villains to activate again. Only combo shots are available. I have to believe this mode of the game has not yet been coded.

#6859 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

My backbox GI is dark. In my WPCs I know how to troubleshoot this stuff. Anyone have any guidance?

You need a new "Spike 2" CPU Node board at $1k

The backbox L.E.Ds are on the CPU board, there is a brightness adjustment in the menu.

#6860 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

I know this has already been posted, but I can't seem to find it. How are you guys speeding up the turn table movement? I turned on stacking major villians, but the turn table is just too darn slow to make transitions sometimes.

It's under game specific adjustments somewhere near the end if I remember correctly. Can look tomorrow and post the exact adjustment. In .81 I had mine set to 1000.

#6861 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's under game specific adjustments somewhere near the end if I remember correctly. Can look tomorrow and post the exact adjustment. In .81 I had mine set to 1000.

Yes. The setting is called Turntable Lag. The lower the number the faster the turntable will move.

#6862 6 years ago
Quoted from davidSpumpkins:

What is supposed to happen after you finish the villain escape multiball? I can’t get any of the villains to activate again. Only combo shots are available. I have to believe this mode of the game has not yet been coded.

I'm pretty sure you can activate the major villains again. It just takes a lot more shots the second time.

#6863 6 years ago

Yes. The setting is called Turntable Lag. The lower the number the faster the turntable will move.

It'd be nice if it adjusted by 10 instead of by 1.

#6864 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It'd be nice if it adjusted by 10 instead of by 1.

Yeh, takes about 5 minutes to adjust -every code update.

Not quite sure why this isn't defaulted to 0 - why would anyone want a more laggy turntable?

#6865 6 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

You need a new "Spike 2" CPU Node board at $1k
The backbox L.E.Ds are on the CPU board, there is a brightness adjustment in the menu.

Brightness adjustment is at 100%. Tried different percentages. Always off. When I do a "test all LED" from the diagnostic menus, nothing.

I notice there is no test function for the backbox GI in the GI test menu, either.

I was sort of hoping you all would tell me that since .83 you've noticed the backbox GI turned off.

Is there a hidden fuse somewhere? I think there are no fuses on these Spike 2's. Am I seriously going to have to replace my entire CPU board?

#6866 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Brightness adjustment is at 100%. Tried different percentages. Always off. When I do a "test all LED" from the diagnostic menus, nothing.
I notice there is no test function for the backbox GI in the GI test menu, either.
I was sort of hoping you all would tell me that since .83 you've noticed the backbox GI turned off.
Is there a hidden fuse somewhere? I think there are no fuses on these Spike 2's. Am I seriously going to have to replace my entire CPU board?

Sorry I can't help. I hope it's something simple.

Tell your distributor your game has gone dark. You may have the undocumented Stern "Black Friday" special ...

#6867 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You may have the undocumented Stern "Black Friday" special ...

Black Friday Madness LOL

#6868 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is there a reason we don't want the turntable to spin as fast as possible?

#6869 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Broken weld?

#6870 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's kind of what I'm wondering. Why wouldn't this be default? This new code is fantastic. And this is the first time I have enabled the major villians stacking. But, waiting for the turn table to rotate to make a shot, sometimes gets in the way.

Brian

#6871 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

No idea. I would hope Stern wouldn't let us adjust it faster than it should be.
But I would also hope the default is "just fast enough minus a bit"

#6872 6 years ago

Thanks again Yelobird for making such awesome mods!

The new atomic pile, clear spinner, and rocks look amazing!

20171123_132531 (resized).jpg20171123_132531 (resized).jpg

#6873 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Great question....I would think it definitely needs to get into position quicker than it currently does. Suspect final code will have a much better pace to get there, and this adjustment will simply fine tune it.

Very obvious it's an amazing, intricate piece of gameplay now, and will only become more so. Can't see more speed hurting the structure, but can see wear and tear causing misalignment of sensors, etc. ....hence my pursuit to get all the mechanical tolerances up to snuff. This thing will take a beating over time, for sure....

#6874 6 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Thanks again Yelobird for making such awesome mods!
The new atomic pile, clear spinner, and rocks look amazing!

Looks great! With all the passionate and talented owners here I feel there's nothing that can't be accomplished.

#6875 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Great question....I would think it definitely needs to get into position quicker than it currently does. Suspect final code will have a much better pace to get there, and this adjustment will simply fine tune it.
Very obvious it's an amazing, intricate piece of gameplay now, and will only become more so. Can't see more speed hurting the structure, but can see wear and tear causing misalignment of sensors, etc. ....hence my pursuit to get all the mechanical tolerances up to snuff. This thing will take a beating over time, for sure....

The only reason I feared increasing the speed was due to possible ball jambs. I have had it catch a few balls in rotation and compress until it literally sheared the post rubber off. My fear is that like closing a door on your hand, a slow close seems to do much less damage? Not that its fun anyway!

#6876 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

The only reason I feared increasing the speed was due to possible ball jambs. I have had it catch a few balls in rotation and compress until it literally sheared the post rubber off. My fear is that like closing a door on your hand, a slow close seems to do much less damage? Not that its fun anyway!

Interesting point. Do most of you guys have it sped up? Or the lag time decreased, I should say?

Brian

#6877 6 years ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

Interesting point. Do most of you guys have it sped up? Or the lag time decreased, I should say?
Brian

I left mine on default. I had the same fear as yelobird. Figured I could wait a bit and see what others had the best results with.

#6878 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

That is a great, and valid point!!!...I've sped mine up a bit, but not dramatically (not sure of the #...too lazy to go down there now, will post later). a definite balance to be achieved, for sure. Been working fine, but the turntable still lags behind the gameplay a bit...

I'm more fascinated with this mechanism every time I tear into it....it's now stunning as well, thanks to your mods (can't wait for my batphone!!).

Going to hold off on a major teardown until I get Matt's final ramp/ wireform to install. I like playing the game too much now, and want to minimize down time....

#6879 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry I can't help. I hope it's something simple.
Tell your distributor your game has gone dark. You may have the undocumented Stern "Black Friday" special ...

Just to be sure: All of you on .83 have backbox GI lights working, correct?

#6880 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Just to be sure: All of you on .83 have backbox GI lights working, correct?

Work fine here.

#6881 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Work fine here.

ditto

#6882 6 years ago

What could be more exciting than having a giant Bat Signal coming on in your game room when playing your Batman pinball machine? Nothing! That's right nothing is cooler than a giant Bat Signal on your Wall or ceiling when playing your Batman66 pinball game! You are the caped crusader and the when the signal is lit you must answer the call!

batsignal.gifbatsignal.gif
keaton.gifkeaton.gif

I finally recovered from my turkey coma to finish my Bat Signal projector mod. This mod is a plug an play kit for Batman66 Le and Premium owners. Although I designed it for my Batman66 you could also use it for any of the Batman games; Data East Batman, Sega Batman Forever, or Stern The Dark Knight.

I made a detailed tutorial thread on how to make it yourself. You can find the tutorial thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-tutorial-batman66-bat-signal-projector

I designed this kit for Batman66 owners who have placement issues like myself (low ceilings) that make the Stern version difficult to use. The magnetic swivel mount lets you install it anywhere on the back box (or even the leg). You could also use a standard extension cord to mount it on the other end of your game room to project a giant Bat Signal at the entrance to your game room whenever you are playing the game. It has a focus adjustment so no matter what size you project you can dial in the focus to be just to your liking. It is configured to use AC power source so there is no need to worry about blowing up finicky Spike node boards by drawing power from them.

projector_adjustments (resized).jpgprojector_adjustments (resized).jpg
signal_off_side (resized).jpgsignal_off_side (resized).jpg
signal_floor (resized).jpgsignal_floor (resized).jpg
signal_stairwell (resized).jpgsignal_stairwell (resized).jpg

If you have a Batman LE it will use the existing Stern connector to turn the projector on and off during game play. With the current 0.83 code, its on all the time during attract mode. During game play it comes on when you enable a villain and the Batphone rings and also if you start the Batcave hurry up sequence at the start of each of the main villain modes.

For Batman66 Premium owners, it's setup to automatically turn on when the game is on and then turn off when the game is off. It could also be easily be configured to trigger on with a specific lamp or flasher. I couldn't find a good insert lamp or flasher to use that made sense so for the Premium setup I think it looks best when the signal is on all the time.

For those of you who aren't the DIY type I have made some plug and play kits ready to install. It comes with the projector with modified magnetic base, slide with Batman66 style logo, plug and play harness (specify if you need the Premium or LE version), Power Relay with 2' power cord, full instructions with pictures. Cost is $80 plus $10 shipping. PM me for details and if you need a kit for an LE or a Premium.

#6883 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

What could be more exciting than having a giant Bat Signal coming on in your game room when playing your Batman pinball machine? Nothing! That's right nothing is cooler than a giant Bat Signal on your Wall or ceiling when playing your Batman66 pinball game! You are the caped crusader and the when the signal is lit you must answer the call!

I finally recovered from my turkey coma to finish my Bat Signal projector mod. This mod is a plug an play kit for Batman66 Le and Premium owners. Although I designed it for my Batman66 you could also use it for any of the Batman games; Data East Batman, Sega Batman Forever, or Stern The Dark Knight.
I made a detailed tutorial thread on how to make it yourself. You can find the tutorial thread here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-tutorial-batman66-bat-signal-projector
I designed this kit for Batman66 owners who have placement issues like myself (low ceilings) that make the Stern version difficult to use. The magnetic swivel mount lets you install it anywhere on the back box (or even the leg). You could also use a standard extension cord to mount it on the other end of your game room to project a giant Bat Signal at the entrance to your game room whenever you are playing the game. It has a focus adjustment so no matter what size you project you can dial in the focus to be just to your liking. It is configured to use AC power source so there is no need to worry about blowing up finicky Spike node boards by drawing power from them.

If you have a Batman LE it will use the existing Stern connector to turn the projector on and off during game play. With the current 0.83 code, its on all the time during attract mode. During game play it comes on when you enable a villain and the Batphone rings and also if you start the Batcave hurry up sequence at the start of each of the main villain modes.
For Batman66 Premium owners, it's setup to automatically turn on when the game is on and then turn off when the game is off. It could also be easily be configured to trigger on with a specific lamp or flasher. I couldn't find a good insert lamp or flasher to use that made sense so for the Premium setup I think it looks best when the signal is on all the time.
For those of you who aren't the DIY type I have made some plug and play kits ready to install. It comes with the projector with modified magnetic base, slide with Batman66 style logo, plug and play harness (specify if you need the Premium or LE version), Power Relay with 2' power cord, full instructions with pictures. Cost is $80 plus $10 shipping. PM me for details and if you need a kit for an LE or a Premium.

Order Sent Thank you Sir!!! Bravo on a great setup!

#6884 6 years ago

yelobird plz answer pm

#6886 6 years ago

Another mod where all you can do is say Wow! Awesome!

#6887 6 years ago

Very Impressive Doc and even the step by step must of took as long as the mod itself.
We have some very creative people in this club and i for one am really happy to be part of it.

#6888 6 years ago

Where does the washer go on the cliffy set?

#6889 6 years ago

Holy Stacked Modes Batman. What a game. Went for about 30 minutes, but not really huge scoring. Here's the mini TV thing with 4 modes going at once (no villain stacking):

IMG_9627 (resized).JPGIMG_9627 (resized).JPG

Decent score but not huge. Because I've only played a few games since the new code, I got just about every high score so there were about 6 newspapers at the end. What a freakin blast. And even after a game like that I still want to play again:

IMG_9628 (resized).JPGIMG_9628 (resized).JPG

#6890 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Holy Stacked Modes Batman. What a game. Went for about 30 minutes, but not really huge scoring. Here's the mini TV thing with 4 modes going at once (no villain stacking):

Decent score but not huge. Because I've only played a few games since the new code, I got just about every high score so there were about 6 newspapers at the end. What a freakin blast. And even after a game like that I still want to play again:

I love how the mini TV antennae has ice on it because you have Mr Freeze mode going. Details like that show that video graphics guy on this really gives a shit about doing it right.

#6891 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I love how the mini TV antennae has ice on it because you have Mr Freeze mode going. Details like that show that video graphics guy on this really gives a shit about doing it right.

Side note Doc...your Parachute recovery Van is just too cool to be stuck over on the side. Had an epiphany when playing my TZ tonight, staring at my T-Bird mod.

Stay tuned....I'm building a bracket.....

#6892 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How much do I love this game!!!! great "Bat Battles"!!!!

#6893 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Side note Doc...your Parachute recovery Van is just too cool to be stuck over on the side. Had an epiphany when playing my TZ tonight, staring at my T-Bird mod.
Stay tuned....I'm building a bracket.....

Are you people ever going to stop dreaming up cool stuff I'll want to buy for this game?

(I hope not).

#6894 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you people ever going to stop dreaming up cool stuff I'll want to buy for this game?
(I hope not).

No.......it is just detailed too well, and found a spot where a simple bracket wont block anything, pitch it up a bit, and gives us a better view of the side.
it will also look "ready for action". Bat turn mode sealed it's prominence in the game......

#6895 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

No.......it is just detailed too well, and found a spot where a simple bracket wont block anything, pitch it up a bit, and gives us a better view of the side.
it will also look "ready for action". Bat turn mode sealed it's prominence in the game......

That's really cool, because with the detail on the van it deserves much more prominent placement.

So what are you going to put at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic to divert an errant ball? Surely you aren't going to use the Stern fix? I was thinking of seeing if the Eaglemoss Batgirl cycle would work there.

#6896 6 years ago

Where are we posting code bugs on b66?

An annoying one now that we have minor villains which are stackable is when you only need one ball to start multiball, the Mystery will always award the final lock and start multiball. This is great except when you also have TV lit for Minor Villain, and you are deliberately not starting multiball so you can start a Minor Villain and then bring it into multiball. As it is now, it awards Mystery before TV, and therefore starts multiball before you can select the Minor Villain.

Simple fix, award the TV/Minor Villain first, then award the Mystery/multiball start.

#6897 6 years ago

Here are pics of the Cliffy set

016 (resized).jpg016 (resized).jpg

012 (resized).jpg012 (resized).jpg

029 (resized).jpg029 (resized).jpg

034 (resized).jpg034 (resized).jpg

035 (resized).jpg035 (resized).jpg

037a (resized).jpg037a (resized).jpg

039 (resized).jpg039 (resized).jpg

Batman66-set-004 (resized).jpgBatman66-set-004 (resized).jpg

#6899 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

So what are you going to put at the bottom of the Batgirl plastic to divert an errant ball? Surely you aren't going to use the Stern fix? I was thinking of seeing if the Eaglemoss Batgirl cycle would work there.

Thats a good idea, the Batgirl cycle would probably be a better aesthetic fit there. Post a pic if you do that so we can see how she looks there.

#6900 6 years ago

I just bought a Cliffy set, but it didn't come with the Horseshoe piece or screws, did you request that extra?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
ScottyMods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Altoona, PA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

There are 18,683 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/138?hl=davidspumpkins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.