IMG_7488 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7487 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7486 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7485 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7484 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7483 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7481 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

51 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 374.
#6751 6 years ago

Great - thank you Stern software team. "Only" two minor villain modes, but they are very individually implemented, which is very cool.

I love the "Villains Escape" / "Mr. Freeze" combo, so it makes sense again to go for "Villain Escape". The reward in points for Villain escape was a bit unbalanced compared to go for all the cliffhangers. So there are now different ways to play the game... perfect!

#6752 6 years ago
Quoted from frg:

Great - thank you Stern software team. "Only" two minor villain modes, but they are very individually implemented, which is very cool.
I love the "Villains Escape" / "Mr. Freeze" combo, so it makes sense again to go for "Villain Escape". The reward in points for Villain escape was a bit unbalanced compared to go for all the cliffhangers. So there are now different ways to play the game... perfect!

Do you still get to select minor villains at the scoop when TV lit?

#6753 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Do you still get to select minor villains at the scoop when TV lit?

Yes, but the other minor villains are now disabled so you can't choose them.

#6754 6 years ago

Can someone please post a pic of the new Mini TV screens?

Have you noticed any new callouts or video not related to minor villians?

The game is shaping up quite nicely. This game is becoming the poster child for how to integrate the theme into the game. Who would have thought a year ago that Batman would do better at that then Star Wars?

JJP showed us immersion into the theme with WOZ and Hobbit - Batman is beginning to show that Stern can compete in the LCD era if they want to. If Stern allows the team to complete their vision for the game it could be one of the best in years and make it worthy of the Showcase / Special Anniversary monikers.

According to George we "ain't seen nuthin' yet!" If Lyman is using the release numbers as a rough gauge of code state, there is indeed still a lot left to see. (And please let that include a Batgirl mode with the Batgirl theme song ,,,)

IMG_2651 (resized).PNGIMG_2651 (resized).PNG

#6755 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The game is shaping up quite nicely. This game is becoming the poster child for how to integrate the theme into the game. Who would have thought a year ago that Batman would do better at that then Star Wars?
JJP showed us immersion into the theme with WOZ and Hobbit - Batman is beginning to show that Stern can compete in the LCD era if they want to. If Stern allows the team to complete their vision for the game it could be one of the best in years and make it worthy of the Showcase / Special Anniversary monikers.
According to George we "ain't seen nuthin' yet!" If Lyman is using the release numbers as a rough gauge of code state, there is indeed still a lot left to see. (And please let that include a Batgirl mode with the Batgirl theme song ,,,)

Here it is with one during Freeze. I think if you're using stacking it will have multiple depending on how many villains your running at the time it switches to another mode. Finished freeze, which is fun turning the red (hot) shots cold (blue) but not sure what I got. Clips are great during this - when the shots are red, it's footage of Freeze pumping Freeze gas through a vent. Eventually the whole screen has snow.

IMG_9618 (resized).JPGIMG_9618 (resized).JPG

#6756 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here it is with one during Freeze. I think if you're using stacking it will have multiple depending on how many villains your running at the time it switches to another mode.

Thanks. Was having a hard time visualizing how this was going to look from the description of the mini TVs. I like how the TV is a different style than that on the main view.

That looks very ... "cool".

#6757 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks. Was having a hard time visualizing how this was going to look from the description of the mini TVs. I like how the TV is a different style than that on the main view.
That looks very ... "cool" !!

Here's one (courtesy of an Aussie Arcade member) where he has stacked Freeze, catwoman and bat turn, hence 2 screens. But I'm still not sure what use the small screens are - they show you what would be on the screen if you didn't start another mode (like multiball or bat turn), but that doesn't really help you at this point because you still don't know what to shoot for in the villain mode if you've got bat turn (for example) running over the top of it.

IMG_9619 (resized).JPGIMG_9619 (resized).JPG

#6758 6 years ago

Looks great, I actually like all the custom/hand drawn back drops and animations, those are probably another reason this title is taking its time to code, it’s not just Lyman having to do the game code, but all these backdrops and animations that need to be created.

BM66 is easily the best use of the LCD Stern has put out so far and I don’t think GOTG is going to take that title away, the LCD on Batman just looks great and works so well, compared to SW and GOTG where it just feels like random movie clips and sounds with no real cheography to it all.

#6759 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think more custom callouts have been added. I heard Robin say "Holy Outlane Drain" which I never noticed before.

I also turned on stacking to check out the "mini TV" feature. It's a lot easier to get all the villains with stacking on. In one case I had 3 villains running at the same time. It was a bit more confusing having multiple villains running simultaneously.

Love the new Egghead mode. All the video clips of the egg throwing and fighting were great. They used some type of country farm style music which doesn't have the cool retro 60's vibe like the rest of the music so I might be changing that one with Pinball Browser. In the actual TV episode they used a cool mix of "old mcdonald had a farm" and the batman theme combined. I could try and rip that from the DVD set and use that. Once the code appears to be done I'm planning on integrating some of the TV series music into the game.

Didn't get to try Freeze mode yet. Looking forward to what he does with the other 4 minor villains: Shame, Mad Hatter, Book Worm, and King Tut.

#6760 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I heard Robin say "Holy Outlane Drain" which I never noticed before.

I have heard this on 0.81 code as I am really good at draining on the left side.

#6761 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Here's one (courtesy of an Aussie Arcade member) where he has stacked Freeze, catwoman and bat turn, hence 2 screens. But I'm still not sure what use the small screens are - they show you what would be on the screen if you didn't start another mode (like multiball or bat turn), but that doesn't really help you at this point because you still don't know what to shoot for in the villain mode if you've got bat turn (for example) running over the top of it.

Nice LCD animation. I hope next time you can cut the crotch shots off the snapshot next time.

#6762 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Nice LCD animation. I hope next time you can cut the crotch shots off the snapshot next time.

You can’t cut those off it’s part of the theme integration, Batman 66 is all about brightly coloured crotches

#6763 6 years ago

The little screens are good to help you know if you've made a shot related to the mode. Having the major villain animations happen in the little screens is pretty easy to see - except for Riddler - since they're mostly static and then it's usually a close-up of the major villain doing something.

#6764 6 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

In the actual TV episode they used a cool mix of "old mcdonald had a farm" and the batman theme combined. I could try and rip that from the DVD set and use that. Once the code appears to be done I'm planning on integrating some of the TV series music into the game.

I remember that music. Wonder why they didn't use it?

#6765 6 years ago

So for those that have seen minor villians now - are you more or less likely to want to play with Villian stacking on or off now?

#6766 6 years ago

Random picture of Steve Richie playing GOTG at Orlando Freeplay

DSC_0039 (resized).JPGDSC_0039 (resized).JPG

#6767 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

Wrong thread

#6768 6 years ago
Quoted from Pfunk237:

Lol!! Even Ritchie doesn't wanna play SW.

#6769 6 years ago

I passed on buying Star Wars, because I didn't want another new game arriving with my Dialed In, and having 2 games competing for my attention.

Now Batman is giving Dialed In a run for my attention, and is winning.

And that's not to say Dialed In is anything less than what it is. It's that B66 is turning out THAT GOOD.

#6770 6 years ago

I never thought I would say this, but I would like a BM66 more than DI.

DI shoots nice and smooth but it just feels a bit flat playing. Just not high temp enough. Anyway it's off my list!

#6771 6 years ago

Has anyone gotten the Egghead thing to work? I can start Egghead, but I can't use the gadget button to light a shot to collect. I know the button works fo r other gadget uses.

Also, Gadgets now count as a Penguin crane hit even if you haven't cleared the flashing purple shots.

#6772 6 years ago

Gadget seems to have a smart bomb effect. I'm still trying to wrap my head around when to use them.

#6773 6 years ago

I use gadgets for easy ball locks. Hit the mystery saucer, and just as its kicking out, use a gadget. Diverter pops open and ball lands in the lock Obviously must be used while in a villain mode.

#6774 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I use gadgets for easy ball locks. Hit the mystery saucer, and just as its kicking out, use a gadget. Diverter pops open and ball lands in the lock Obviously must be used while in a villain mode.

Great tip thanks! That right orbit can be tough to hit to get a ball locked.

#6775 6 years ago

Interesting, I've had limited success using the gadget to lock a ball off of a plunge.

#6776 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Interesting, I've had limited success using the gadget to lock a ball off of a plunge.

I think you have to activate one of the top rollovers first. Then the gadget button launch feature will deactivate and perform the add a gadget function.

#6777 6 years ago

Its hard off a normal plunge to get the timing for it. If you have a chance to try off a new plunge, what I also have had success with is: Plunge using the apron button using auto-launcher, on my machine its usually got enough speed where it'll hit the diverter up top and bounce over into the mystery kickout hole. Then use the method I mentioned above, just as it's kicking out of the hole you should be able to gadget open the diverter for an easier lock.

#6778 6 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Awesome that’s a great tip thanks!

I did that a few times on early code without realising what I had done, it’s a great little use of the gadgets/action button, takes the plunge to lock feature of Aerosmith and makes it more interactive and timing based feels even more satisfying and I am a big fan of the Aerosmith plunge lock.

#6779 6 years ago

Holly Shooters Batman! Just a quick shout out to Chrome Candy team!! Great service, extremely prompt shipping, perfect attention to detail, and an AMAZING product!! Did the Batman 66 in Penguin Purple and the look is Spot On! The shooters come lovingly wrapped like a candy (nice touch!) and the finish is brilliant. I believe they are offering 25% off for the entire weekend if anyone is interested in this title or other. Just wanted to pass along a great company.

IMG_9869 (resized).jpgIMG_9869 (resized).jpg

IMG_9870 (resized).jpgIMG_9870 (resized).jpg

IMG_9871 (resized).jpgIMG_9871 (resized).jpg

#6780 6 years ago

They don't show a Penguin Purple. Is that their Concord Grape color?

#6781 6 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

They don't show a Penguin Purple. Is that their Concord Grape color?

Sorry lol, that was me taking liberties with the color with my game. On their website they call it Concord Grape! Really looks perfect compared to the black plastic mushroom Stern installed.

#6782 6 years ago

Platform by @yelobird, Batmobile and Batboat compliments of @modfather. Looks fantastic.

IMG_5892 (resized).JPGIMG_5892 (resized).JPG

Now, where to get the proper Batcopter and Batgirl Cycle?

#6783 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Platform by yelobird, Batmobile and Batboat compliments of modfather. Looks fantastic.

I suggest looking through the picture gallery of this Batman thread as Doc did a complete documentary on the best Heli options as well as mounting. Looks great by the way, Good Job!

#6784 6 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

Ouch!

ebay.com link: 0

#6785 6 years ago

Trying to reproduce what I think is an Egghead bug:

1. When in a major villain, using the button to try to cash in your jackpot doesn't seem to work. I've had it behave this way twice in Joker.
2. When in base mode, it seems to work as described.

Can anyone confirm?

#6786 6 years ago

Newest club member.........Kaneda!!! .lol.

#6787 6 years ago

Looks like they are out of purple now

#6788 6 years ago

Anyone interested shoot me a pm

264A1F70-4831-49A3-9BC1-94A437DF6191 (resized).jpeg264A1F70-4831-49A3-9BC1-94A437DF6191 (resized).jpeg

#6789 6 years ago

Selling your SLE?

#6790 6 years ago

OK need some advice from the code brain trust. I tried the stacked villain (#42 I think) setting and it seems like I did it wrong or there are way to many bugs with that feature enabled? Every phone award "answer the phone" as well as several other bonus shots show award 0.0? Also, many of the video sequences especially the Multiball Joker "Get em Pengie" is muted? If I turn this off everything is normal. Did I not understand the shot code correctly or is this feature still a work in process? Thanks for any input but for now its off and actually scored my Highest game to date (3 balls!) of 3.4 B

#6791 6 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Dont jump out Now! You waited a year to play a finished game and your only a few weeks away! I would be So all over this if I didn't already have the LE dialed to my taste. Good Luck with the sale, wont last long!

#6792 6 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Did you get Sterns permission?

#6793 6 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

OK need some advice from the code brain trust. I tried the stacked villain (#42 I think) setting and it seems like I did it wrong or there are way to many bugs with that feature enabled? Every phone award "answer the phone" as well as several other bonus shots show award 0.0? Also, many of the video sequences especially the Multiball Joker "Get em Pengie" is muted? If I turn this off everything is normal. Did I not understand the shot code correctly or is this feature still a work in process? Thanks for any input but for now its off and actually scored my Highest game to date (3 balls!) of 3.4 B

That's very strange; maybe try updating the code again? I just enabled villain stacking (don't like it so far, but it's super easy to score a bunch of points!) and didn't experience that.

However, the villain stacking is a great way to see all the tv screens.

#6794 6 years ago
Quoted from Rapzilch:

Is that an SLE or the regular one? I thought about trying a Batman 66 for awhile, anyone have a standard one to sell PM me.

#6795 6 years ago

2-3 months ago that would’ve been an easier task. Not now, it’s getting good!!!!

#6796 6 years ago

With the new code it is shaping up that once again Lyman wont be letting us down, Mr Freeze mode turning red shots to blue is genius, amazing how something so simple really adds to giving each mode a personality/feel that matches the character it represents, if Lyman can make each minor villain feel unique he is going to deliver us a game better than TWD and I never thought I would see or say that, the guy is a coding legend!

#6797 6 years ago

Just played the new code!!

Minor Villains are in the house! Now there is a reason to shoot those TV Season targets on the right side. That will be a very valuable shot now, this will be reminiscent of how much TWD changed when those drops became important.

This is going to really change the game, you won't be as focused on the main villains all the time.

I just started Egg head, and its a self contained mode all on its own. This is going to add a lot to do in the game with 3 seasons each.

#6798 6 years ago

My Friend Todd is really good at this game.

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 6.51.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-11-22 at 6.51.48 PM (resized).png

#6799 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Just played the new code!!
Minor Villains are in the house! Now there is a reason to shoot those TV Season targets on the right side. That will be a very valuable shot now, this will be reminiscent of how much TWD changed when those drops became important.
This is going to really change the game, you won't be as focused on the main villains all the time.
I just started Egg head, and its a self contained mode all on its own. This is going to add a lot to do in the game with 3 seasons each.

I've never deliberately shot those TV targets, until now. They're tough, particularly that lowest one, but completely doable, and so satisfying. Wish they were drops like TWD - maybe Timebandit will eventually settle his differences with Spike2 and help us out.

#6800 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

this will be reminiscent of how much TWD changed when those drops became important.

Yes, Lyman is a F ing genius. How many times can i say it!

He makes every shot count in several different ways.

I think he's trying to outdo himself from TWD

Still waiting for my download!!!! Hurry the F up, I've got some serious pre turkey playing to do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,665 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 374.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/batman-66-official-club-thread/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.