New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 167576)

Batman 66 - Official Club Thread

By TigerLaw

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16,325 posts
  • 617 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by thundergod76
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,525 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20201127_111855 (resized).jpg
20201127_111534 (resized).jpg
20201127_111524 (resized).jpg
20201127_111510 (resized).jpg
20201120_151227 (resized).jpg
20201127_111801 (resized).jpg
20201127_111820 (resized).jpg
BM66_cover (resized).PNG
rps20201115_114708 (resized).jpg
28A15858-30AD-4DA7-801F-AB7E6310788C (resized).jpeg
F498268B-139F-4DE9-99DF-65F98434440A (resized).jpeg
11E654D1-0405-4841-ADD9-DD38FCE9E6AA (resized).jpeg
B61830EC-6D95-409A-B4DA-6A491707C735 (resized).jpeg
ABAD63ED-C130-4987-886E-5BB9FF932E53 (resized).jpeg
22440D00-724D-4C9E-A7C5-8377BDDC01A1 (resized).jpeg
FD76ADB2-0F2A-4497-B50D-ED1EC69CA3FE (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

47 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16325 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 327.
#6601 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I got a crane scoop cliffy a while ago when I first got my game. I thought it was same as the one he made for the dark knight. Is he making another version?

Yes. The updated version is similar to his updated version of the KISS scoop. The protector has a 45 degree band in it now, opening up the shot more.

#6602 3 years ago

I've emailed Flipper Fidelity and described our concerns. Also sent a couple pics. I'll post what he might recommend.

#6603 3 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

J85M - I am interested in Option 2

Me too.

#6604 3 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I've emailed Flipper Fidelity and described our concerns. Also sent a couple pics. I'll post what he might recommend.

FWIW, I did experiment a bit with the FF speakers mounted directly on the plate, and the additional depth the speaker rings give you isn't enough for the coaxial component of the speaker. It's close, but nothing should be touching that component. A few washers would solve the problem.

#6605 3 years ago

Finally got around to watching the B'66 stream DeadFlip did last week on the latest code, and it looks like it is shaping up to be a really fun pin. The theme really isn't for me, I never really watched the show at all growing up so I can't ever see myself owning one. Looking forward to finding one to play once code is final though. Grats to all you guys who have stuck it out over the whole journey seems to me it will end up being great.

#6606 3 years ago

Got my Atomic Pile installed and had an issue with the LED, plus wanted it a bit brighter, particularly up the top. Luckily I had a spare pop bumper light socket from a previous restoration. So I slightly modified the Pile to fit this, and now I can install any standard wedge LED. I put a super bright "flood" one in and the result is perfect - much brighter, particularly up the top:

#6607 3 years ago

Here's how I did it in case anyone is interested (photos in reverse order):

IMG_9597 (resized).JPG
IMG_9589 (resized).JPG
IMG_9586 (resized).JPG
IMG_9584 (resized).JPG
IMG_9583 (resized).JPG
IMG_9582 (resized).JPG

#6608 3 years ago

J85M, count me in as well. Leaning toward Option 2, but like Docquest, I would like to see both before deciding.

#6609 3 years ago

Do many of you guys have those beacon slingshot flasher covers? think they where made by Mezel, what does everyone who has them/seen them think of them?

See you have them installed cooked71

#6610 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Do many of you guys have those beacon slingshot flasher covers? think they where made by Mezel, what does everyone who has them/seen them think of them?

I have seen these and did not care for them, mostly because there is only one Batmobile so having two beacons on the playfield just didn't make sense.

#6611 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeh, I've got them on. They're Mezel Mods. I think they look good. Only complaint is they look 3D printed. The Mezel 3D printer must not be as good as yelo's as you can notice it.

Edit: didn't have any problems that Yelo had below. Been rock solid since day one. Definitely be careful not to over tighten.

Edit 2: I put a light coat of clear coat over the lights to give them a bit more gloss - big improvement I think.

IMG_9605 (resized).JPG
IMG_9607 (resized).JPG
IMG_9606 (resized).JPG

#6612 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yeh, I've got them on. They're Mezel Mods. I think they look good. Only complaint is they look 3D printed. The Mezel 3D printer must not be as good as yelo's as you can notice it. I'll get a pic.

I have them and Love the theme look but for maybe only mine but I had issues with them. They did not sit flush with the sling plastics and every grey arm cracked within one day. I have since glued each again and added washers to keep them from breaking. The finish is so/so but I do like the look and Mezel has always made cool creative products. Just think the red insert was made a bit to long? I particularly love their 14 mile sign next to our Batmount universal plate. Just completes the scene. If you get them just consider using washers!

#6613 3 years ago
Quoted from jsa:

FWIW, I did experiment a bit with the FF speakers mounted directly on the plate, and the additional depth the speaker rings give you isn't enough for the coaxial component of the speaker. It's close, but nothing should be touching that component. A few washers would solve the problem.

Spoke to Mike at FF and showed him my setup in the pic below. He said the mounts will most likely fail in time. He also said that the large gap is causing the speakers to not function properly as they need to use the inside panel as a baffle. Right now there is barely any mid range as the sound is just kinda floating out in space. He suggested trading my speakers for the standard ones with the spacer ring. Which I plan on doing.

IMAG0694 (resized).jpg

#6614 3 years ago

Spoke to Mike at FF and showed him my setup in the pic below. He said the mounts will most likely fail in time. He also said that the large gap is causing the speakers to not function properly as they need to use the inside panel as a baffle. Right now there is barely any mid range as the sound in just kinda floating out in space. He suggested trading my speakers for the standard ones with the spacer ring. Which I plan on doing.

I’m glad you guys have been discussing speakers/ FF different versions as I want to pick up a set for BM and GoT. This has been valuable info for getting ready to buy. Thank you.

So FF is fine but get his normal set. I’m also going to try his coax sub instead of the high output version. A little more bass over stock but fuller sound with no crossover.

#6615 3 years ago

Yes. If you're going to use Yelobird's speaker light kit buy the normal speakers. Do NOT get the "light kit installed" option. Yelobird's speaker lights are very low profile. Mike also told me that the standard speakers now come with black foam. Confirm with him before ordering though.

#6616 3 years ago

Yep have yelobird’s light kit and good to know on black surround for the normal kit. Will def inquire when ordering. Thanks again

#6617 3 years ago

Spoke to Mike at FF and showed him my setup in the pic below. He said the mounts will most likely fail in time. He also said that the large gap is causing the speakers to not function properly as they need to use the inside panel as a baffle. Right now there is barely any mid range as the sound in just kinda floating out in space. He suggested trading my speakers for the standard ones with the spacer ring. Which I plan on doing.

Great, that's interesting. The mid range issue is somewhat due to the size (these are 4" speakers, after all)...but the baffle concept is something I need to think about. My replacements are virtually the same (as the FF), and I definitely got an improvement. I'm still not thrilled with the range, though.

Does anyone know if the cabinet speaker has a dedicated channel (like late WPC games), or does it have the same stereo input the backbox speakers get?

#6618 3 years ago

J85m pm

#6619 3 years ago

I'm so F ing confused on the speaker kit and getting drunk right now (just sent doggie chewed up version back to yelo).

Maybe there will be a good definitive answer by the time i get the rings back?

Either way, this F ing pin is going to be one of the best pins ever when Lyman finishes!

I'm playing the shit out of .81, what are you guys doing!!!

Btw, Doc's little delivery van mod is AWESOME.

#6620 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yes I have them also. For how they're made they're just OK. If the cages were more chrome looking and the lenses more translucent they would be amazing.

#6621 3 years ago

Yes I have them also. For how they're made they're just OK. If the cages were more chrome looking and the lenses more translucent they would be amazing.

Exactly. We can only wish.

#6622 3 years ago

Sorry missed that just replied

Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly. We can only wish.

I think we need less beacons and more POW, BAM, KAPOW, BIFF that lite up with the various flashers

#6623 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Either way, this F ing pin is going to be one of the best pins ever when Lyman finishes!

Same here. It's surprised me because the other updates have been "play a few games, seen the updates, turn it off until the next". This one has got the hook in for some reason. Now, Every time I go into my games room, look at the 6 other games, it's B66 every time. Flat out fun.

Only problem is I'm getting sucked in by the risk part of Lyman's risk reward. I'm chasing Commissioner Gordan payouts, Bat Pole multipliers, Atomic Pile multipliers, shot multipliers and cliffhangers to the end. Building up huge 4x on the Pile, 3 or 4 shot multipliers, 3rd cliffhanger, before I lock the last ball for multiplier. Then draining lol. Most games I'm not even finishing a single villain. Freakin' love it.

#6624 3 years ago

Has everyone got their left out lane on wide open? That's how mine came and it's pretty brutal. Did everyone else's come like this?

#6625 3 years ago

Yea left out lane was wide open from factory while Right was set to mid. I matched the left one and set it to mid. Helped balance it out a bit

#6626 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Every time I go into my games room, look at the 6 other games, it's B66 every time.

Considering your collection that’s big praise for BM66 and it’s only going to get even better, with the next 2 updates (minor villains!? more gadgets!? Villain Vision!? Seasons!? TVs!?) this could be Lyman’s best game to date!

#6627 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm so F ing confused on the speaker kit and getting drunk right now (just sent doggie chewed up version back to yelo).
Btw, Doc's little delivery van mod is AWESOME.

I sent your dog replacement out no charge and a few dog treats to keep him away this time. lol

#6628 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I sent your dog replacement out no charge and a few dog treats to keep him away this time. lol

What is it with Yelo kits and dogs? You should branch out into dog chew toys.

#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Yea left out lane was wide open from factory while Right was set to mid. I matched the left one and set it to mid. Helped balance it out a bit

Just checked the audits and left is draining double to right. Definitely out of balance.

#6630 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When you go to Flipper Fidelity and select "Yes, I have SpeakerLights" they are assuming you are using speaker lights that add 5/8" to the front of the speaker mount....so he sends speakers that DO NOT have the spacer rings attached to the front of them (to protect the extended tweeters that his speakers have). They are assuming you are using a speaker light kit that adds the extra space to the front of the speakers which will take the place of the spacer rings that are usually attached to the front of their speakers.

When you go to Flipper Fidelity and select "I do not have SpeakerLights" they are assuming you want their standard speakers that DO have the spacer rings attached to the front of them.

Yelobird's light rings DO NOT add any extra thickness to the factory configuration....so you will want to get the standard FF speakers by selecting "I do not have SpeakerLights" and you will get the ones that DO have the spacer rings attached to them. As for other Flipper Fidelity resellers (like Pinball Life) they don't even give the SpeakerLight option when ordering, so you should receive the standard speakers that do have the spacer rings that you will need for Yelobir's light mod.

Doug

#6631 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Thanks Yelo! You guys are great.

My wife is mad, he's already chomping on the xmas tree lights and ornaments

Thx for the explanation Doug, really appreciate it

#6632 3 years ago

I put FF Speakers in mine since day one! Not a whole lot different,but more bottom!And my left lane drain is/was wide open,and right set to medium as well!!

#6633 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks Yelo! You guys are great.
My wife is mad, he's already chomping on the xmas tree lights and ornaments
Thx for the explanation Doug, really appreciate it

No issues. I have an 85 pound Bulldog that when not eating my daughters Yorkie is eating ANYTHING that might even resemble food! Lucky me both dogs were a "Daddy Please get her and I Promise to......." Yeah, they are my problem now! lol Kind of funny side story. The vet told me you need to take her out and play in the yard as she is "Exercise intolerant". OK. I took her in the yard to fetch the tennis ball. Walked away and Huh? where did it go. 2 days later at the vet they show me an Xray and we Found the ball! She ate it almost Whole!!! Needless to say, $950 later she doesn't play ball anymore and she happily holds down the Sofa!

My Eating Machine "Piglet"

IMG_0670 (resized).jpg

#6634 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

No issues. I have an 85 pound Bulldog that when not eating my daughters Yorkie is eating ANYTHING that might even resemble food! Lucky me both dogs were a "Daddy Please get her and I Promise to......." Yeah, they are my problem now! lol Kind of funny side story. The vet told me you need to take her out and play in the yard as she is "Exercise intolerant". OK. I took her in the yard to fetch the tennis ball. Walked away and Huh? where did it go. 2 days later at the vet they show me an Xray and we Found the ball! She ate it almost Whole!!! Needless to say, $950 later she doesn't play ball anymore and she happily holds down the Sofa!

Another pinball bullie!

30082528-6899-436B-9D8F-5CAA1095A499 (resized).jpeg

#6635 3 years ago

Any of you guys know what's going on here? Or has anyone else had this on the inserts.

IMG_20171119_082030 (resized).jpg

#6636 3 years ago

Not got a BM66 yet but Lyman is the sole reason for my interest.

Just lost interest on GOTG as it's just another version of KISS and AS ( which I do like ).

So, Elvira House of Horrors now has my interest mainly because Lyman is doing the code!

#6637 3 years ago

Any of you guys know what's going on here. Problems with the clear coat going on? This is the worst insert.

IMG_20171119_160053 (resized).jpg

#6638 3 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Any of you guys know what's going on here. Problems with the clear coat going on? This is the worst insert.

I think that's the plastic insert itself, not the clear.

#6639 3 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Probably artifacts from when the PF was sanded down pre-clear to level everything.

#6640 3 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Another pinball bullie!

And another, albeit French.

7FC1AFCC-E5D5-4ABF-92B4-73215386FC18 (resized).jpeg

#6641 3 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Another pinball bullie!

Completely off the topic of bulldogs, but what size are the extra rubber rings you are using on the turntable to stop the ball going where it shouldn't? (I saw you posted some photos earlier - I think they were on the post next to the phone?)

#6642 3 years ago
Quoted from Sutol:

Completely normal

#6643 3 years ago

New code should be this week?

#6644 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

New code should be this week?

Not now that you Jinxed it! lol That would be awesome but it did see like his words were something to the effect of after the holiday. bla bla. Just knowing there is a Tentative 2017 Completion date makes me smile. Truth be told I have yet to get all the major villains as I am a crappy player, make parts all evening, and have not had my game Nearly as long as most around here. Speaking of which, I may have another twist of product to show off tonight or by morning if mama stays up with that air brush. lol

#6645 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

2 days later at the vet they show me an Xray and we Found the ball! She ate it almost Whole!!! Needless to say, $950 later she doesn't play ball anymore and she happily holds down the Sofa!

$950 thats nothing. Our old dog got a hold of some corn cobbs from the garbage and half chewed half swallowed them. That little incident cost us around $3.5k in surgeries. Turns out corn cobbs are the perfect size to lodge in the intestines and get stuck there. If any of the dogs I've ever owned were left to go wild they would be dead in a week from eating crap they shouldn't.

#6646 3 years ago

I've missed the whole Parachute Van thing except to know Doc is somehow involved. How do I get one of these?

#6647 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I've missed the whole Parachute Van thing except to know Doc is somehow involved. How do I get one of these?

PM Doc. I'm sure he'll take care of you. It's an awesome van!

#6648 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Ditto that. The van is awesome.

We are lucky to have the Yelo team, Doc and others!

#6649 3 years ago

PM Doc. I'm sure he'll take care of you. It's an awesome van!

I'm sold out of the parachute pickup vans. I've had a few more requests so i'll make another batch in the next week or two. I'll have to see if there are more donor vans still available at walmart or target.

I also wrote a tutorial if you want to make your own.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-tutorial-batman66-parachute-pickup-van

#6650 3 years ago

Ok, here is a step by step instructional on how to play Batman ‘66 on code 0.81 and score big points in Penguin mode:

In my opinion, in a tournament setting, there is no reason to play any other mode than Penguin. I REPEAT, PENGUIN IS THE ONLY MODE TO PLAY AND KEEP PLAYING OVER AND OVER. The points are not balanced with the rest of the other modes in the game...at least in code 0.81.

When you start the game, do a super skill shot by holding the left flipper and plunging the ball. You want to flip the ball into the Penguin scoop. By doing the super skill shot you are saving a shot by only hitting the Penguin scoop once instead of the required two. Then hit the bat phone to start the mode.

Once started, the Penguin scoop will turn red and the crane will come out to about halfway out on the playfield. DO NOT hit the crane. Instead, you need to make a 2-way combo by hitting the scoop first, then making the timed left orbit shot. If successful, all of Penguin mode will now be 2x multiplied for the rest of the Mode, EVEN IF YOU LOSE A BALL!

Now you want to hit the crane (umbrella shot) but only one time. All the shots light up purple on the playfield. Complete all lit purple shots without hitting the crane. It’s tough, but worth it in the end. One you have completed all purple shots, the only option is to hit the crane again to re-light all shots purple again. Again, complete all purple shots without hitting the crane. By doing this, you’re building your overall Penguin shot value by 100,000 every shot. It doesn’t look like much in the beginning, but it gets compounded in later rounds. Repeat this process until you’ve gotten all 5 crane/umbrella shots. The super jackpot will light at the Penguin scoop. When it does, don’t immediately hit it. Instead, finish out all purple shots.

When you finally shoot for super jackpot at the scoop, DO NOT collect the super jackpot, instead continue the story line. The screen will now tell you all Penguin shots are 3x multiplied.

Now you have to make 3 batcave/turntable shots. While doing so, you’ll want to pick off both bat computer white stand ups on the turntable. This will light 2x playfield multiplier as the red flasher on top will start flashing. When you have super jackpot lit, before you collect it, shoot through the batcave to start 2x playfield multiplier. Immediately shoot the Penguin scoop where super jackpot was lit. It will ask you to collect/continue...you want to continue. The screen will now show “all Penguin shots are 4x”. This is now combined with your 2x playfield multiplier equaling 8x!

When the ball vertically up kicks out, the gadgets on the left will be flashing. You will have to hit the gadgets targets a total of 3 times in a row really quickly, as these are timed hurry ups. THIS IS WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!! If you have correctly built up your scoring, the hurry up gadgets will start at around 50 million, sometimes a little more/less...depending on how many single purple shots you made leading up to this point. When you hit the first gadgets stand ups, you’ll get 50 million times 8x = 400 million for 1 shot! Hit the gadgets again quickly for another 400 million shot, and again for another 400 million shot. WOW!
you’ll then finish that round by making a couple batcave shots to ultimately light up the super jackpot again at the Penguin scoop. Shoot for the super jackpot but again “continue” the mode and don’t collect. The screen will now show all Penguin shots are now 5x!

Just like the first round, hit the crane, collect all purples and repeat the process til nothing is left and you ultimately collect the super jackpot. But before you collect that super jackpot, get 2x playfield scoring going again by hitting the bat computer stand ups. Collect your super jackpot, and you’ll be at 2 billion points by playing just that one mode.

After that, don’t bother going for Joker/Catwoman/Riddler as the points don’t compare with Penguin mode. The only other one that is somewhat decent is Joker Mode, but you can only max that out around 400-500 million.

In a non tournament setting, you may want to complete 2 villains to get the extra ball, but if you do, go right back into playing Penguin.

I hope this instructional will help many of you to reach higher scores than what you have been getting. Any questions/comments feel free. I’ll try and answer as best I can.

Cheers
Aaron

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 16325 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 327.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside